Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

The Blood Knives (Inactive)

Game Master Monkeygod


151 to 200 of 835 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28


Pereception: 1d20 ⇒ 15


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Rogue 1/Cleric 2

Team Absalom

"Yes, at last! Bring me a roast pig; I'm hungry enough to eat a horse, but those take too damn long to cook." He accepts the offered goblet, but doesn't sip.


Female Half-Elf Rogue (acrobat) 2, Bard (Dervish Dancer) 1

Team Absalom

Tabby can't help but chuckle at Rupert. Hungry a bit aren't we? Anyway take a glance over there Tabby discreetly indicates the two in heated discussion what do you make of that?

Tabby tries to shift her seat a bit to attempt to listen in on the discussion.

Perception to listen in (obviously a long shot but ya never know)
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

Team Nidal:

Sweet, several times you see a pale skinned watcher in the shadows. None of them make any move towards you or the rest of the group. They merely watch.

Team Absalom:

The serving girl smiles "Would you like a horse? We can cook it fast enough for you."

Ky is in fact able to hear the conversation, which apparently is about the price of beans in the market. You find that a bit strange, considering how heated their talking is. Then you peer a bit closer and notice that their fingers are moving awfully fast as well.


Female Human (Jadwiga) Witch (Winter Witch)/4

Team Nidal

Natalia looks about as they walk about through the city. "I'm not sure what it is, but something feels off about this city. Does anyone else feel it? I feel about as safe as I did back home in Irrisen"

Natalia continues walking behind Sweet, "How much further until we can meet with our...contacts?"


Female Half-Elf Rogue (acrobat) 2, Bard (Dervish Dancer) 1

Team Absalom

Tabby whispers to her fellow knives Hey.. That discussion over there seems odd.. About beans? I think there's more to it than that

Tabby calls the serving girl over is there any entertainment tonight?


Team Nidal

Smiling to not give her motives away, Sweet responds to Lady Natalia nonchalantly pointing her companions in the direction of the pale skinned watcher with her eyes:

Quietly: I would have to agree. Something is amiss.

Louder: Not far now. Ragar, you doing OK back there?

Bluff check to not give away that I spotted the pale skinned watcher and pointed them out to the group: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13


Doing grand! Looking forward to our discussions.


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

Team Nidal:

The three of you make your way to a small tavern called the Dark Rose. Its definitely what one would describe as quaint, though it is well furnished. Several large, sturdy looking tables dot the floor, each with three or four solid chairs. The bar is not too big, with about five stools. The barkeep is an older elf, with silver hair and a scar cutting through his right eye.

There's only three other people here and they are all sitting at the table more or less in the center of the room. Its a safe bet they are the ones whom you're here to meet.

Team Absalom:

"No entertainment tonight. I'd suggest keeping it that way, if I were you." The girl says a bit darkly.


Female Human (Jadwiga) Witch (Winter Witch)/4

Team Nidal

Natalia looks to Ragar and gives him the signal to keep an eye on everything and get ready for any problems. She walks up to the three men. "Gentlemen, your wait is over" She waits to be invited to sit.


Team Nidal

Ragar stands just behind Natalia with his arms crossed aver his massive chest and a scowl on his face as he peruses the weapons of those seated at the table, then the room.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 8


Team Nidal

Sweet slowly circles the room looking out the windows for anyone spying in as well as for ways of quick escape (Alleys/outside stairs that lead to the second floor). After making the loop, she leans against the bar inspecting the bartender and what else is behind the bar.

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18

Quietly to the bartender: Busy night?


Male Human Rogue 1/Cleric 2

Team Absalom

Rupert lets out a belly laugh. "See, now that's service! No, just the pig I think. If I ate my fill, I'd grow fat and useless. Better to stay hungry."

After she leaves, he leans forward conspiratorially. "I wouldn't worry too much about them; they're not important," he says to Tabby, jerking a thumb at the noisy customers. "Listen, I've just remembered; I've heard of this orphanage. Truthfully, I'm surprised I didn't remember it right away; it's one of the larger orphanages. They don't have a direct connection to any of the churches, so we may have some luck disguising ourselves as potential...patrons." After a short pause, he does a quick double-take. "Wait, did you say beans?"

Perception check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Would you prefer for us to address your character as Tabby or Kyrani in descriptive, OOC non-verbal text?


Female Half-Elf Rogue (acrobat) 2, Bard (Dervish Dancer) 1

She prefers Tabby I think Ky was started by someone else during the intro discussions

yea, beans. does that have any meaning to you?

why do I feel out of loop in this game?


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

I use Ky, cuz its easiest for me. Not sure if anybody else has

Also, why are you feeling left out of the loop? PM me your concerns


Male Human Rogue 1/Cleric 2

Team Absalom

Gonna try for a Knowledge (local) check for info on local underworld slang. Probably won't yield anything, but it's worth a shot.

Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Rupert taps his chin in uffish thought. "Hmm...beans. I once heard of a cow that discovered a demiplane of beans after a wizard cast some spell on him, but that's probably not relevant."


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

Rupert:
You've heard rumors of some merchants and guilds having a secret hand language, but you've never seen it yourself and it's possible its just paranoid chatter.

Also, no being more randomly funny than the GM! That cow line is hilarious!

Team Absalom:

The serving girl laughs at Rupert's comments. She returns in about ten minutes with his order. She leans over, showing a decent amount of her better assets and says quietly "If your looking for some information on unsavory dealings, there's no better person to ask than Mathius. He's a retired adventurer who seems to always know what's going on in this city, or can find out in short order. He's tough to find, but ask around and you should be able to locate him"


Female Half-Elf Rogue (acrobat) 2, Bard (Dervish Dancer) 1

Team Absalom

As rupert takes in some of the "assets" Tabby puts her hand to his cheek and gently nuges it in her diresction so that Rupert is looking directly in her eyes. and she plants a kiss square on Ruperts lips, until the server leaves

she then sits back now.. thats over, lets get back to business. we need to locate this Mathius character.

after a short pause don't worry, "Mr my name is the Darkstalker" is in the past.

at least now I know why she seemed rather smug about my entertainment question


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Rogue 1/Cleric 2

Team Absalom

"If I were more naive, your flighty and ephemeral ways would shock and offend me. However, I have a certain respect for those in your profession," he says, digging out a copper piece. He flicks the coin with his thumb, sending it spinning with a metallic clink, landing right between Tabby's own assets. "If we're going to be looking for shady underworld types, then we'd best split up. We should meet back here in three hours. If we get information on where to find him, we return here before proceeding. If we manage to set up a meeting, we should tell him to meet us here, twenty-four hours from the time that we send the message. Agreed?"

I ad hoc'd a ranged touch attack called shot against her cleavage. I presume she'd be flat-footed, but that check should make it even if she isn't.
Coin flip: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24


Female Human (Jadwiga) Witch (Winter Witch)/4

Team Nidal

Natalia shakes her head slightly as she watches Sweet, she stares at her with her ice cold glare until she meet's her eye and cranes her neck to the side indicating for Sweet to leave the bartender alone and comes to the table


Team Nidal

Sweet glares at Natalia. I am watching your back b*!&+. She thinks as she nods politely to the bartender and strolls over next to Ragar. She begins to go over tactical combat scenarios and escape routes in her head with the information she gathered taking the long way around.


Female Human (Jadwiga) Witch (Winter Witch)/4

Team Nidal

Natalia gives Sweet a faint tight smile back before sitting down at the table. Her familiar Chaos flies down from her shoulder and lands on the table in front of her. Natalia leans in close to the men at the table. "So, I believe we have some items to discuss"

Detect Magic - on the Men at the table


Team Nidal

Sweet keeps a close eye on the gentlemen at the table looking for hidden weapons or the slightest clue of their demeanor or intentions preparing to protect her allies.

Rolls:

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

Stay sharp Sweet. The boss told you to bring your fellow knives back in one piece. No quick kill and then disappearing this time.


Female Half-Elf Rogue (acrobat) 2, Bard (Dervish Dancer) 1

Team Absalom

Tabby leaves the coin where it landed (may be of use later).

I agree three hours then.

assuming you can finish that horse before I come back she jokingly adds with a wink.

the closest skill Tabby has to try and figure out what type of place this Mathius might be is Profession escort, So will roll that
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

Team Nidal:

No magic registers on the men, which you find a little odd. Either these men are incredibly capable without needing magic or they have masked it. Both thoughts are a little worrisome.

Sweet, you see several hints of what could be concealed weapons hidden on them, but you aren't positive.

The man sitting in the middle motions for Natalia to sit "Sit child. We do indeed have much to discuss, but we will not be intimidated nor distracted by you."


Female Human (Jadwiga) Witch (Winter Witch)/4

Team Nidal

Natalia laughs off hand, "I haven't been a child for many years. And we aren't here to intimidate nor distract you. We are simply here to talk. So simply that I have just one sentence..."

Natalia leans in close so that they can hear her clearly, "Stay out of Absalom!"


Team Nidal

Sweet shifts uncomfortably at Lady Natalia's aggressive approach. Alright... if that is the way we are going to play this. Sweet monitors the reaction of the men at the table and prepares to defend Natalia. Is she really powerful enough to threaten these men or is she counting on me and Ragar?


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

Team Nidal:

Lady Natalia can I get a Will Save from you?


Female Human (Jadwiga) Witch (Winter Witch)/4

Team Nidal

Will Save 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

Team Nidal:

Natalia feels a strong tug on one of her necklaces and she is suddenly lifted into the air, about six feet off the ground. "You are a child, to one such as we. Now, you can either bluster and splutter, attempting to intimidate those who will not fall prey to such tactics, or you can sit down and discuss these items you mentioned"


Team Nidal

Sweet starts to grin, but catches herself. Well...that answers that.

She addresses the man who spoke to Natalia. No reason for this. We are here to deliver a message. We are not looking for trouble. That will come another day.


Ragar draws his double-bladed axe spinning it deftly in front of him, and he addresses the one who spoke as he moves a step closer.

Do you really want to do this?


Female Human (Jadwiga) Witch (Winter Witch)/4

Team Nidal

Natalia's mind races, she sees herself, many years ago, laying in front of the witches of Irrisen, at the feet of the queen. She was still covered in the blood of all her family members. She demanded to have the power that was promised to her, and she was tossed around like a rag doll. On that day she promised that she would never be at the mercy of another person.

And here she was, still weak and tossed around, being spoken down to. Her mind begins to rage and her eyes became wild with anger. But quickly her features begin to ice over and the room appears to cool. Natalia hears a voice in her head Soon, but not today. You will bathe in their blood another day for this, but today you must play nice

Natalia puts on her best smile, and waves Ragar away. "My appoligises for my outburst. I was attempting to test your abilities. Please, let us sit and talk."

Natalia waits for them to put her down before sitting back at the table. "So please tell me, what can we, the blood knives, do for you?"

Diplomacy 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

Team Nidal:

The man in the middle smiles "It would not do to test our abilities. But we understand. We would like to bring our rather lethal skills to Absalom. We are very few, but mighty, and would not fare well in a battle with any opposition."


Ragar, seeing that the women apparently still have things in hand, steps back at Lady Natalia's suggestion. However, he does not sheathe the wicked looking axe on his back just yet.


Team Nidal

They are asking to join us? Sweet ponders as she awaits Natalia's response. Is that why we are here?

Sweet instinctively stands with her right side slightly turned towards the table full of men to shield them from her sheathed sword.


Female Human (Jadwiga) Witch (Winter Witch)/4

Team Nidal

Natalia smiles to the men before grabbing a journal and quill from her pack. She opens the ink well and begins to write in the journal. "Before we continue, I will need some information. You said you are few, how many individuals are in your organization and what kind of influence do you hold here in Nidal?"


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

Team Nidal:

The ma to left speaks up "There are eight of us. However, we have three seats on the Circle of Shadows, the group of twelve councilors and advisors who rank right below The Triune in terms of power and infuence here in Nidal. Yet, that is as high as one can rise in this country. I myself have lived in this city for well over a dozen centuries and the same three have sat on The Triune."


Team Nidal

GM:
Knowledge local to see if I have heard of this man who has been here for that long and for information about the Circle of Shadows: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22


Female Human (Jadwiga) Witch (Winter Witch)/4

Team Nidal

Natalia's eyes widen slightly at the mention of how old the individual is, but she composes herself and continues to write in her journal, making a few notes. She lets the ink try and closes the book slides it away from here.

She thinks for a long moment on the days events and realizes that something is weighing on her, some factor that she is missing. She suddenly realizes that since entering Nidal, there has been little sunlight, even during the day. She smiles slightly.

"Allow me to be completely candid, and please keep in mind that I am not trying to intimidate you are distract you, I have learned my lesson and I am simply stating a fact. The Blood Knives are not interested in any alliances, and if you expand into Absalom, they will come down on you. As you said, your not in a position to battle any opposition."

Natalia relaxes back in her chair, "So this is what I propose. You want to expand into Absalom, we want to expand into Nidal. You join the Blood Knives and the Blood Knives absorb your influence here in Nidal. As members of the Blood Knives, your talents will flourish, and not just in Absalom... the whole of Golarion!"

Natalia pauses for a second before continuing, "And on a personal note, I would very much like to learn the secret of your immortality, I can guess.." She gesturing to the dark windows "...but I would rather you told me. I am reaching middle age of my puny mortal existence, and I seek vengeance on a great many people. I don't have the time left to gain the power I need to bathe in the blood of my enemies..."

Natalia looks to them "Do we have an accord?"


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

Lady Natalia:

You were actually told that if you could get these assassins to join the Blood Knives that would be best


Female Half-Elf Rogue (acrobat) 2, Bard (Dervish Dancer) 1

Any indications as to where we need to go to find this Mathius character?


Female Human (Jadwiga) Witch (Winter Witch)/4

Voice:
Oh I know, but they don't, trying to make it seem like we are making a big exception for them. Puts them off balance, I will make Diplomacy or Bluff if you like


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

Bluff check Natalia


Female Human (Jadwiga) Witch (Winter Witch)/4

Bluff 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29


Nice bluff Natalia


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

Team Nidal:

The man on the right replies to Natalia "First of all, the Blood Knives not seeking any alliances is untrue and we both know that. We have eyes and ears in many places and we have heard otherwise.

As to our the secrets of our immortality there is none. We are long lived, that is all. We have things we must do, and several normal lifetimes is not enough to accomplish them"


Female Human (Jadwiga) Witch (Winter Witch)/4

Seriously? They beat a 29? Shenanigans


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

Yup. Really want me to break down the math?

Edit: I believe I rolled a 16

151 to 200 of 835 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Blood Knives All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.