Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


The Blood Knives (Inactive)

Game Master Monkeygod


101 to 150 of 835 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Team Nidal

In route to the capital, Ragar begins to formulate a plan of sorts.

Lady Natalia, what say I act as your bodyguard throughout the discussions. I am certain that such diplomatic talks would be better handled by you. I tend to lose my temper too early to glean any positive information. Plus, acting as your bodyguard does not put me out of my comfort zone at all. Do you have any ideas on what kind of cover you will use when approaching the assassins, or do we need one at all?

He smiles with a large toothy grin.


Female Human (Jadwiga) Witch (Winter Witch)/4

Natalia smiles to Ragar, "Why Ragar, I was about to propose the same idea, and not just for this mission. We appear to be very similar in our attitudes and goals compared to the rest of the family... My brain and your... braun will be able to achieve any goal"

Natalia smiles, "As for now, using cover would just get us into an issue. I prefer to go with the forward approach. We walk in, tell them to stay out of Absalom, if they resist, we kill them as an example for refusing our command, simple as that."


Team Nidal

Ragar again smiles broadly with a mischievous bent.

I like the way you think Lady Natalia. This should be fun!

The pair continue onto the capital.


Female Half-Elf Rogue (acrobat) 2, Bard (Dervish Dancer) 1

Team Absolom

Looks like I'll go first Tabby declares as she heads to the room that will portal her back to the Tavern.

Once through Tabby surveys the room to determine what is diferent than the last time she was there

I am assuming that we would not just pop into the center of the common room that would not be a subtle entrance. if there is a choice Tabby would rather appear in the shadows behind the tavern and make her way into the tavern as another patron


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

Team Nidal:
Can I get Knowledge(Local) checks from you guys?

Team Absalom:
Ky, you arrive in one of the many rooms upstairs of the common rooom. There's not much in this one, aside from a bed, dresser and small desk. Its also evident that its not often slept in as well.


Team Nidal

I have no knowledge-based skills, and I thought that was a "trained only" check?

Knowledge (local): 1d20 ⇒ 8


Male Elf Barbarian(Urban Barbarian/Savage Barbarian) 3rd

Team Absalom
"Not much reason to wait here in Shadow Absalom, Rupert let's go ahead and get back to Golarion, Yasushi you mentioned it might be being run by a local council man, Could I get his name? and Also does this orphanage have a name?" Castieen calls after his other partner and heads through the portal once he gets some answers. [assuming we end up in the same upstairs room.]


Female Human (Jadwiga) Witch (Winter Witch)/4

Team Nidal

We will have to wait for Darkstalker, I have many knowledges, but not local. Can I use diplomacy to gather information?


Female Half-Elf Rogue (acrobat) 2, Bard (Dervish Dancer) 1

Team Absalom

First to take stock of the situation is there a window?

If there is a window Tabby will check out the window to see how high up the room is and survey the surrounding streets for any signs of "suspisions" activity. (also look up for potential aerial preditors)

If no window: Tabby will be as stealthy as possible to slip into a position to see the common room and survey the current activity. attempt to see if the place is much different than the previous visit during the initiation.

Stealth Check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

Team Nidal:

As the three of you trek through the woods, moving in generally northern direction, the gloom lessens slightly and you see a man leaning against a tree ahead of you. He does not appear threatening, more like he's waiting for something.

Team Absalom:

There's no window here Ky. You think the room is probably used almost solely for the purpose you just used it for.

Making your way downstairs, you see that the tavern is pretty busy. There appears to be almost two dozen patrons that you can see. From your vantage point, looking down on the common room, you're able to take some time looking over the customers. Most of them seem to be just normal folk, though a few look like they might be of a more shady disposition.


Female Human (Jadwiga) Witch (Winter Witch)/4

Team Nidal

Natalia smiles, she was always prepared for any surprises. She glances at Ragar and geastures lightly with her head towards the waiting man. She walks closer to the man and puts on a friendly face.

"Hello handsome, you appear to be waiting for someone or something. Found more likely at this point! Might we inquire as to your presence here?"


Team Nidal

Ragar fingers his double axe as he approaches the stranger slightly behind lady Natalia with an imposing grimace on his face.


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

Team Nidal:

The man smiles back at Lady Natalia. "Actually lass, I've been waiting for you. Yer headin towards the capitol of Nidal, yet yer not a citizen nor are ye accompanied by one. Unless a long, drawn out death be yer goal for the day, I suggest thinkin long and hard bout crossin city limits."


Female Human (Jadwiga) Witch (Winter Witch)/4

Natalia chuckles, "Unless your a citizen, and then you can lead us in, correct?"


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

Team Nidal:

He shakes his head "No lass, I be not a citizen myself. However, I kin get ye in without too much trouble. And fore ye ask, no, I not be wanting payment either."

Perception checks please


Female Human (Jadwiga) Witch (Winter Witch)/4

Team Nidal

Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20


Team Nidal

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 8

Ragar draws his double axe and steps forward.

Exactly what do ya want, and why are ya waiting on us?


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

Lady Natalia:

While there is not much light, what little there is catches on something red sticking out from underneath the man's cloak. Perhaps its a jewel of some kind?

Team Nidal:

The man chuckles "Tis a bit slow ye are, huh big guy? Thought I made myself clear. Tis fearful dangerous to go into Pangolais all by your lonesome. Any who have, without findin an escort, never be heard from no longer."


Female Half-Elf Rogue (acrobat) 2, Bard (Dervish Dancer) 1

Team Absalom

Tabby straighten's herself up and comes down the stairs into the common room as if she has just finished with a satisfied customer.

She makes her way to the barkeep and orders an ale.

She sits at the bar withe her drink and takes stock of the patroms and guage what reactions there are at her presence (if any at all).

She attemts to judge the demeanor of the few patrons that appeared to have a shady diposition

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

EDIT: or maybe not


Female Human (Jadwiga) Witch (Winter Witch)/4

Knowledge History on Nidal and Pangolais 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Natalia tries to look at the item on his chest with as much discretion as she can

Natalia puts her hand on Ragar's arm to calm him. "So what is it you want friend, for showing us the way inside the city? Never met anyone in this world who would do anything for free" Natalia hides her caustion with her friendly smile. Something is quite off


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

Lady Natalia:

Sorry, my description was a little off. What you think might be a jewel is around his waist. Perhaps its a gem at the end of weapon?


Male Human Rogue 1/Cleric 2

I think Castieen and I are just waiting on the details of who the councilman is and where the orphanage is/what it's name is.


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

Opps my bad, kinda forgot about that. Sorry!

Team Absalom:

"We aren't sure exactly which councilman is head of the orphanage. While it is a concern for us, we're currently spread a little thin, so we haven't been able to really follow up. Which is why we've assigned you to investigate. The name of the orphanage is the The Littlest Hero"


Female Human (Jadwiga) Witch (Winter Witch)/4

Still waiting on my knowledge history roll :D


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

Lady Natalia:
Bah!, I had to go to bed soon after you posted that. Patience children, lol.

You know that Nidal, and by extension Pangolais are very ancient, from around the time of Earthfall. The Black Triune which rules Pangolais has been in power supposedly from the time the city was founded. Most movers and shakers in the city are also ancient.


Male Human Rogue 1/Cleric 2

Nodding again, Rupert gestures to Castieen and follows the departed Kyrani. Arriving in the inn, he walks downstairs, seeing that the tavern is once again filled, though this time with normal-looking patrons. Picking a chair at a table with his back against the wall, he waits, either for his other compatriots or a serving wench.


Male Elf Barbarian(Urban Barbarian/Savage Barbarian) 3rd

Castieen proceeds behind Rupert, arriving at the table and setting across from him, confident that his team mates would watch his back."The littles hero was it?" he asks himself more than anyone else.

Knowledge local1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23


Female Half-Elf Rogue (acrobat) 2, Bard (Dervish Dancer) 1

Team Absalom

Tabby takes notice of her teamates enter the tavern but for now does not join them. she continues with her flirting with the other male patrons looking for signs of someone that may know a little more than they seem.

perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

sense motive if needed: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


Male Human Rogue 1/Cleric 2

Team Absalom

"Aye, that's what they said." Rupert looks around the room, noting Kyrani. "Looks like she's already started," he says, nodding toward her. "But where's the damn serving girl!? What's it take to get a roast suckling pig around here?" Rupert's nostrils flare in irritation as his stomach growls.


Female Half-Elf Rogue (acrobat) 2, Bard (Dervish Dancer) 1

Team Absalom

Taking a look around for a serving girl seeing her freinds getting hungry. Tabby looks for an empty serving tray and grabs it heading to Rupert's table.

Good evening Sir sorry I was a bit distracted by a rude customer. Can I take your order? Tabby gives Rupert a wink as she asks for his order.

if there actually is a serving girl to take their order then disregard this action in any event it may be a good way to integrate Tabby into the circle as an employee


Female Human (Jadwiga) Witch (Winter Witch)/4

Team Nidal

Lady Natalia taps her foot as she tries to get a closer look at the weapon at the guys waist. "So when do we met your brother, friend?"


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

Brother? Huh? Am I missing something?

Kyrani:

Are you really trying to "infiltrate" the wait staff of the tavern owned by one of the three leaders of the Blood Knives?


Female Human (Jadwiga) Witch (Winter Witch)/4

Natalia assumed his "Kin" meant brother


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

/sigh, last time I try to use accents. Kin=Can. I kin, not me kin, lol


Female Human (Jadwiga) Witch (Winter Witch)/4

Sorry, then strike my response, she just said something to the fact of "when you taking us to this person that can show us in"


Female Half-Elf Rogue (acrobat) 2, Bard (Dervish Dancer) 1

GM:

no not really. I actually thought that the tavern we were in originally was actually shadow absalom and the real tavern is just a standard tavern in the city -- my bad -- just a mis-understanding. I guess my last action is really null and void.


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

Team Nidal:

The man engages you in general chit-chat for a few minutes, as if he's waiting for something. Or somebody. Finally, he pauses and looks around. "Ah. There be your escort now. She kin make it so ya don't end up sufferin a drawn out death for tresspassin"

Oddly, when you look around, you don't see anybody just yet.


Team Nidal

Why...look what we have here. You three looking for something special? Sweet asks with a sly grin suddenly appearing just a few feet away from Lady Natalia and Ragar.

The five foot nine blonde looks much different than the lady you remember in the tavern only a few hours ago. Her revealing dress has been replaced with black leather pants, a black agile breast plate, and a dark cloak. Her shadowy face Is hardened like that of a true killer. Strapped to her side is a curved sword. As you look closer, you notice she is tapping her index finger on the hilt of a ruby encrusted blood knife sheathed at her belt.

I am here to lead you three into Nidal. Sweet hands Natalia the traveling papers which provide entrance into the city for Sweet and three others. I am guessing you know what to do once we get there?


Female Human (Jadwiga) Witch (Winter Witch)/4

Team Nidal

Natalia examines Sweet for a good minute, her eyes narrowed slightly. She says nothing as she takes the papers from her and examines them. She looks back to sweet, "Let's go, we've wasted enough time in this forest as it is...'

She begins to stalk away from the party and heads towards the city, she speaks behind her in a whisper to Sweet. "Plan is simple, we tell them to stay out of Absalom. If they refuse, Ragar's going to use his charming personality to convince them otherwise"


Team Nidal

Whispering back to Lady Natalia The boss made it clear to me that we do not need to break any laws or start any fights within the city limits. He said we needed to be very careful. You will have the diplomatic lead once we arrive.

Ragar...good to see you again big guy. Darkstalker.. She nods in the Halfling's direction.

Sweet begins leading the team towards the city, paying attention to the surroundings as they go and being on guard for anyone who may be following them.

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21


Team Nidal

Ragar nods and smiles at Sweet.

Yes, a pleasure...welcome to the party.


Female Human (Jadwiga) Witch (Winter Witch)/4

Team Nidal

Natalia walks behind Sweet as she leads the way to the city. "I'm sure we can come to an arrangement with them..."

She smiles slightly to herself remembering the last time she had to sit down and work out a political matter. It ended with her bathed in blood, surrounded by the mutilated corpses of her entire family! Soon she would return to Irissia and claim back her birthright! Soon she would return and wipe the smug smiles off of all of Baba Yaga's kin! But first she needed power, and this was the fastest way to get it!

The silence of the forest is broken by Natalia's cackle


Lady Natalia's evil cackle raises the hairs on Sweet's neck and causes goose bumps to form on her arms. She pushes forward while stopping every half mile or so to cover the group's tracks and to check for trailers.

If this group is powerful enough to be on the boss' map, I am sure they have lookouts surrounding the city.

Survival to cover the tracks: 1d20 + 8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 5 = 15


Male Human Rogue 1/Cleric 2

Team Absalom

Taking his mind off his stomach, Rupert leans forward in his chair. "So, Castieen, right? Do you know anything about this orphanage?"

Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


Female Half-Elf Rogue (acrobat) 2, Bard (Dervish Dancer) 1

Team Absalom

Tabby eventually joins her companions at the table.

Well I am not so sure anyone here knows much about this orphanage. I would suggest we look into the local churches they usually have connections with the various orphanages


Male Human Rogue 1/Cleric 2

Team Absalom

Rupert frowns, thinking. He thinks aloud, talking at least as much to himself as the others. "Possibly. But this doesn't sound like an orphanage that affiliates itself with any of the normal churches.I don't see Abadar or Sarenrae sanctioning a place like this. Maybe Calistria? They may have at least heard of it, and it's better than anything else we've got."


Female Half-Elf Rogue (acrobat) 2, Bard (Dervish Dancer) 1

Team Absalom

we may also need to learn the local slave trade here but the question is... who would need children as slave labor? or do you think its the Sex trade?

Tabby again surveys the establishment to see if there are any that may have some interest in our conversation.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

I swear, I will have a post up soon!. Busy last few days n nights, as I am preparing for a big tag sale with my sister morrow.


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

Team Nidal:

You enter the city proper after the guards check over your paper work and wave you through. The city is hauntingly beautiful, with dark and twisted architecture being the norm. There is a decent amount of people in the streets, yet none of the usual stands of merchandise. Most unnerving is the utter silence that blankets the city.

As you make your way through the city, you feel eyes on you.

Perception checks

Team Absalom:

Rupert knows that the Littlest Hero is one of the larger orphanages in the city. Its so named because it was founded by a a retired adventurer. As far as you know it's not connected to any church, at least not officially.

Ky, while there does not appear to be anybody actually interested in your conversation, you notice that two men sitting along the wall are having a semi heated conversation.

A darkly pretty serving girl brings over a trio of goblets filled with wine "Compliments of the owner. Its his house specialty. Would you like anything to eat?"


Female Human (Jadwiga) Witch (Winter Witch)/4

Perception Check 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

101 to 150 of 835 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Blood Knives All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.