Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

The Ballad of Bloodmarch Hill

Game Master Joana

Map of Trunau


2,751 to 2,800 of 2,877 << first < prev | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | next > last >>

Dorn pulls back another arrow, taking better aim this time and fires!

Comp Longbow(+1 str): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

AC 18; Hp's 31/31


Skyreaver refuses to relent and continues his assault upon the enemy.

5' fly to U 15; Attack

Bite: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Talons: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Talons: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

AC 25; Hp's 10/10


The dwarf's arrow thunks firmly into the half-orc's chest.

Skyreaver flies over the parapets and tears into the half-orc on his section of the wall with beak and talon.

Dorn attacks
Skyreaver 5-foot-steps & attacks

Round 5 init: Alicia, Enemy #17, Marikel, Enemy #15, Enemy #18, Carbonel (delaying), Vhailor (delaying), Enemy #14, Dorn, Skyreaver, Rishka

Current effects: longstrider (Dorn)

Updated map link

Opening a lock is a full-round action, Alicia. Make your Disable Device roll if that's what you intend to do with your turn.


Female Human Rogue 3

Disable Device: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16

Alicia gets to work on the locked door.


Alicia begins full-round action
Enemy #17 delays

Round 5 init: Alicia, Enemy #17 (delaying), Marikel, Enemy #15, Enemy #18, Carbonel (delaying), Vhailor (delaying), Enemy #14, Dorn, Skyreaver, Rishka

Current effects: longstrider (Dorn)

Map is unchanged. The blue square indicates that the creature is on the second story.


Gnome Wizard (Familiar Adept) 3

Responding to Marikel, Vhailor responds "Ish? - never been shot with an arrow before... it's an... 'interesting' feeling..." before coming off pause and making for the stairs. Carbonel remains behind on the ground floor, padding over to the side of the building to wait.


hp 18(4 is nl) / 28; AC 18; Init +1 Male Human Cleric 3

"I'll look at it in a minute," Marikel promises, drawing his sword and readying his shield.
He steps up next to Alicia. (AL12)
"Is it open?"


Marikel hovers impatiently over Alicia's shoulder.

Directing a snarl at the dwarf who just pierced him with an arrow, the archer on the uphill wall steps up onto the parapet and leaps down into the Lower Quarter.

The archer engaged with Skyreaver jinks back against the downhill parapet and withdraws inside the tower. A moment later, another arrow misses the roc.

Marikel draws weapon, readies shield & 5-foot-steps
Enemy #15 moves, last seen in AP11: Acrobatics 1d20 ⇒ 10 2d6 ⇒ (5, 5) = 10
Enemy #18 withdraws (last seen in W13)
Enemy #17 attacks Skyreaver 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18 & moves

Round 5 init: Alicia, Vhailor, Carbonel, Marikel, Enemy #15, Enemy #18, Enemy #17, Enemy #14, Dorn, Skyreaver, Rishka

Current effects: longstrider (Dorn)

Updated map link

Dorn, you don't have a visible target, and you can feel Skyreaver's frustration that his quarry is likewise not reachable.


Dorn grumbles at the vanishing half-orc and sheathes his bow before picking up his shield and hammer. He then calls Skyreaver back to him.

Sheathe bow and pick up weapon/shield. Doesn't matter how many rounds it takes. That's his plan. And Skyreaver will move back to him to AF 18.


The dwarf calls off his bird and begins to retrieve his gear.

Alicia:
The interior latch slides off the tip of your tool with a stubborn click. You don't know if the impatient priest hovering over your shoulder necessarily has anything to do with the failure ... but he sure isn't helping.

Dorn sheathes weapon & picks up item
Skyreaver moves

Round 6 init: Alicia, Vhailor, Carbonel, Marikel, Enemy #15, Enemy #18, Enemy #17, Enemy #14, Dorn, Skyreaver, Rishka

Current effects: longstrider (Dorn)

Updated map link

The blue square indicates that the creature is on the second story. The open trapdoor leading down is in AJ11.


Female Human Rogue 3

Alicia violently shakes her head back and forth in response to Marikel's question, and tries again.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14


Alicia begins full-round action

Round 6 init: Alicia, Vhailor, Carbonel, Marikel, Enemy #15, Enemy #18, Enemy #17, Enemy #14, Dorn, Skyreaver, Rishka

Current effects: longstrider (Dorn)

Map is unchanged. The blue square indicates that the creature is on the second story. The open trapdoor leading down is in AJ11.


Female Human Rogue 3

Since it's a full-round action, can I ignore that Disable Device roll and make the roll when the full-round action completes? ;P


hp 18(4 is nl) / 28; AC 18; Init +1 Male Human Cleric 3

Marikel places a hand awkwardly on Alicia's shoulder.
"Stop. Take a breath. Let Iomedae guide you."
(Touch of Law on Alicia- Alicia rolls an '11' on her next die roll)


Gnome Wizard (Familiar Adept) 3

Vhailor steps away from the ladder, but keeps quiet as Marikel and Alicia work on the lock...

Delaying


Inside the tower, everyone waits for Alicia to pick the lock.

Outside, Dorn re-equips himself and...

Vhailor delays
Carbonel delays
Marikel uses spell-like ability
Enemy #15 ??
Enemy #18 ??
Enemy #19 ??
Dorn picks up item & ...

Round 6 init: Alicia, Vhailor, Carbonel, Marikel, Enemy #15, Enemy #18, Enemy #17, Enemy #14, Dorn, Skyreaver, Rishka

Current effects: longstrider (Dorn)

Updated map link

Dorn, you have put away your bow and picked up your hammer and shield; you have a move or standard action left.


After grabbing his gear, Dorn looks to the tower and then to his bird. Scratching his chin, "Alright, Reaver, you're gonna have to stay here. It'll be way too crowded for you in there." Clearing his throat, "Iawn, Reaver, arhoswch. Arhooswch. Arhoooswch."

Dwarven:
"Okay, Reaver, stay. Staaaay. Staaaaay."

"Pushing" an animal is a full-round action. So I'm guessing this will bleed into next round. I can't believe I didn't pick "Stay" as a trick. Unbelievable.

Handle Animal: "Push" to Stay vs. DC 25: 1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 5 + 4 = 28

Edit: HA! Shows how much I know about Handle Animal. A druid actually "pushes" her companion as a move action. Did not know that until just seconds ago.


Dorn tries to communicate to Skyreaver that the roc should stay where it is.

Reaver looks back quizzically but obeys.

Once again the lock Alicia is finessing refuses to cooperate.

Dorn picks up item & Handles Animal
Skyreaver stays

Round 7 init: Alicia, Vhailor (delaying), Carbonel (delaying), Marikel, Enemy #15, Enemy #18, Enemy #17, Enemy #14, Dorn, Skyreaver, Rishka

Current effects: longstrider (Dorn)

Map


Female Human Rogue 3

Cursing profusely under her breath, Ali tries again.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28


Rejecting Marikel's advice for her own profane mantra, Alicia tries again.

Alicia begins full-round action

Round 7 init: Alicia, Vhailor, Carbonel, Marikel, Enemy #15, Enemy #18, Enemy #17, Enemy #14, Dorn, Skyreaver, Rishka

Current effects: longstrider (Dorn)

Map is unchanged.


Gnome Wizard (Familiar Adept) 3

Still delaying


hp 18(4 is nl) / 28; AC 18; Init +1 Male Human Cleric 3

(Delay)


The tension builds in the upper gatehouse, as Alicia works on the lock.

Vhailor delays
Carbonel delays
Marikel delays
Enemy #15 ??
Enemy #18 ??
Enemy #17 ??

Round 7 init: Alicia, Vhailor, Carbonel, Marikel, Enemy #15, Enemy #18, Enemy #17, Enemy #14, Dorn, Skyreaver, Rishka

Current effects: longstrider (Dorn)

Map


Once it appears that Skyreaver understands, he moves into the tower with the others.

Double move inside the tower to where everyone else is.


The dwarf enters the tower and sees only the gnome's cat, blinking at him calmly from against the wall. A ladder leads through a trapdoor to a second floor.

Finally, Alicia manages to finesse the latch open, leaving the door unlocked.

Dorn double-moves
Skyreaver stays

Round 8 init: Alicia, Vhailor, Carbonel, Marikel, Enemy #15, Enemy #18, Enemy #17, Enemy #14, Dorn, Skyreaver, Rishka

Current effects: longstrider (Dorn)

Map

Presume you're going to climb upstairs with everyone else, Dorn? If so, imagine Dorn on the map with you as well, Alicia.


Yep. Climbing the ladder.


Female Human Rogue 3

Ali stows her lockpicks, retrieves her weapons, and kicks the door open before diving to one side. Attempting to open the door from cover.


Stowing lockpicks and picking up a weapon are both move actions. You can do both and take a 5-foot-step into cover, but that leaves it to someone else to open the door.


Female Human Rogue 3

It looks like Ali didn't sheathe her rapier when she started work on the lock, so...Can she pick a lock one-handed? ;P If so, she'll just kick the door open and move to cover with one weapon in hand.

Otherwise, she'll just stow the lockpicks, kick the door open and dive to cover without drawing a weapon.


Alicia stuffs her lockpicks back into her pack and opens the door while simultaneously stepping behind its cover....

Alicia stows item, opens door & 5-foot-steps to AK14

Round 8 init: Alicia, Vhailor, Carbonel, Marikel, Enemy #15, Enemy #18, Enemy #17, Enemy #14, Dorn, Skyreaver, Rishka

Current effects: longstrider (Dorn)

Updated map link

I have finally added a token for the ladder so you can see where it is. From your present positions inside the tower, none of you can see anyone or anything on the wall outside the door.


hp 18(4 is nl) / 28; AC 18; Init +1 Male Human Cleric 3

Marikel bursts outside, weapon at the ready, and looks around.
(Move to AP13 and...)


Gnome Wizard (Familiar Adept) 3

Vhailor continues his past due pregnant pause and waits for those more martial of bent to surge forth first.


Vhailor waits inside while Marikel moves purposefully toward the walk atop the wall.

Marikel:
As you step outside, you notice something you didn't from the inside: drops of blood on the stonework AO13. The blood trails toward the Lower Quarter side of the wall and seems to lead over the edge AP11.

You have 25 feet more of movement and another action to spend, Marikel.

Vhailor delays
Carbonel delays


hp 18(4 is nl) / 28; AC 18; Init +1 Male Human Cleric 3

Marikel alerts the others.
"Clear. But there's blood. Alicia."
Marikel moves to the other side of the wall, avoiding the trail, and peers over. (AQ12)


Marikel:
On the ground at the foot of the wall, a half-orc's body lies unmoving, blood slowly trickling downhill toward the pool of the Hopespring. A bow lies next to him.

Marikel double-moves
Enemy #18 ??
Enemy #17 ??

Round 8 init: Alicia, Vhailor (delaying), Carbonel (delaying), Marikel, Enemy #15, Enemy #18, Enemy #17, Enemy #14, Dorn, Skyreaver, Rishka

Current effects: longstrider (Dorn)

Updated map link


Dorn follows after the healer, curious about the blood. "What do ya see, lad? Here's hoping that blood belongs to the bad guys and not one of our own."

Move to AP 12(That might just be 30'. If so, that's fine. Barring a half-orc jumping out at them and going all nutso, will just forfeit the extra action. Nothing else to really do at this time anyway; Skyreaver delays


Dorn follows the priest and also sees the half-orc who leapt from the top of the wall, lying, apparently dead, at its foot. On the Inner Quarter side of the wall, Skyreaver squawks hopefully as the roc sees the dwarf emerge onto the wall.

Dorn moves
Skyreaver delays

Round 9 init: Alicia, Vhailor (delaying), Carbonel (delaying), Marikel, Enemy #15, Enemy #18, Enemy #17, Enemy #14, Dorn, Skyreaver (delaying), Rishka

Current effects: longstrider (Dorn)

Updated map link

You still have a weapon to retrieve in AL13ish in front of the door, Alicia.


Female Human Rogue 3

Alicia retrieves her discarded weapon and follows after the others onto the battlements. Move to AP13 or so.


Rearming herself, Alicia joins the priest and the dwarf atop the wall.

Alicia picks up item & moves

Round 9 init: Alicia, Vhailor, Carbonel, Marikel, Enemy #15, Enemy #18, Enemy #17, Enemy #14, Dorn, Skyreaver (delaying), Rishka

Current effects: longstrider (Dorn)

Updated map link


Gnome Wizard (Familiar Adept) 3

Content to leave the battlements to the others for now, Vhailor crosses to the East wall to peer out at the surrounds.

Move to AJ next to the East window


That's actually the downstairs door. They didn't make separate maps for the top and bottom floors of the tower; they just stuck both doors on the same circle. The only way to see out of the second floor is the door onto the wall, although Vhailor could get the same basic view by stepping out the door at AM13ish, albeit not without leaving cover.

Round 9 init: Alicia, Vhailor, Carbonel, Marikel, Enemy #15, Enemy #18, Enemy #17, Enemy #14, Dorn, Skyreaver (delaying), Rishka

Current effects: longstrider (Dorn)

Map is unchanged.


hp 18(4 is nl) / 28; AC 18; Init +1 Male Human Cleric 3

"Hmm. I'm not sure why he's down there. Maybe we can ask him later."
Marikel gestures at the fallen half-orc and prays to Iomedae to stabilise him.
"We need to ensure these gates are open for the retreating troops."
Marikel peers along the length of the wall, then turns and heads back inside. (AM13)


Giving a slight chuckle, "I can tell ya why he's down there. He's down there, lad, because I shot him with me bow! It was great!" he says, obviously excited about it.


Marikel says a perfunctory prayer for the half-orc, then moves back toward the tower. There had been a mechanism to control the portcullis downstairs.

Round 9 init: Alicia, Vhailor, Carbonel, Marikel, Enemy #15, Enemy #18, Enemy #17, Enemy #14, Dorn, Skyreaver, Rishka

Current effects: longstrider (Dorn)

I'm not overly worried about initiative order right now, but we'll stay in rounds as long as there are undefeated enemies in the area. Vhailor and Dorn still to act this round.

Updated map link


Looking around, the dwarf scratches his bearded chin in curiosity. "Why are we up here again?" Shrugging, he returns back downstairs and outside to where his avian ally resides.

Not sure if 60' reaches outside the door but that's his plan. As close to the exit as I can get and out if possible.

Skyreaver delays


hp 18(4 is nl) / 28; AC 18; Init +1 Male Human Cleric 3

"Because you didn't tell us you'd shot the only enemy out here," Marikel growls.
"Vhailor?" Marikel seems surprised. "Can you raise the gates?"


The gnome follows the dwarf down the ladder. The mechanism which controls the portcullis is uncomplicated: a wheel turns in one direction to lower the portcullis and the other to raise it, with a stop to slide into the wheel and lock it in place in either position.

Full-round action for someone to raise the portcullis and lock it in place

There is, as of yet, no sign of the Patrol members who were assigned to the Inner Gate.

Round 10 init: Alicia, Vhailor, Carbonel, Marikel, Enemy #18, Enemy #17, Dorn, Skyreaver

Current effects: longstrider (Dorn)


Female Human Rogue 3

Alicia scowls and glances around. "Katrezra is around here somewhere," she says, advancing down the battlement.

What does she see off-map toward the bottom edge of the map?


Gnome Wizard (Familiar Adept) 3

Vhailor jumps at the opporchancity to do something useful, and hurries over to the portcullis mechanism. He heaves away huffing and puffing.

Raise the gate, lock the gear.


Ha! 'Opporchancity!' I love it! :)

Seeing the portcullis closed, Dorn is just about to go open until he sees a small blur zoom right by him as if he's standing still. "What the blazes?!" Seeing that it was his gnome ally, Dorn can't help but chuckle. "If the rest of the town matches your zest, me friend, these blasted half-orcs are never gonna know what hit 'em!" he says, punching his hand in excitement.

2,751 to 2,800 of 2,877 << first < prev | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Ballad of Bloodmarch Hill All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.