Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

The Awakening

Game Master Turnage


251 to 295 of 295 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

"I'll bring up the rear. I'm not trained in combat, unlike some of you." Bil states as he gets out a sickle ready to defend himself if need be. Bil then casts a spell upon himself, creating a energy of surrounding force on him.

cast mage armour, raising AC to 15.


Awesome, I was worried you'd gone awol.

You all arrive at the inn roughly 10 minutes later (it's not far away). You can hear the sounds of merryment and drinking from coming inside the inn, but not as loudly as might once have been heard. As you enter through the front door, quite a few people look round at you and then hastily look away, a few quite drunk large men try to give you stony eyes, attempting to impress their fellow drinking buddies.

Of the four men you need to "deal with", you see one standing at the bar ordering drinks, another sat at a table with a few people, talking in hushed whispers. And from what Nicolae has told you, there are two more upstairs in the third bedrooom along the corridor.


Still here, just didn't see any oppitunity to say or do anything and I think the case is possibly the same for the other two in the group. Maybe next time I should get up Bil to start some random topic like, why did everyone join or how does Seila get her hair so white and immaculate? Must be head & shoulders.


Init: +11, Perception: +18, AC: 24, HP: 68/68, Saves: 9/13/6
Nicolae Vintila wrote:

Sry guys. I thought I had responded. The board must have ate my post.

Nicolae climbs down and tells the group what he sees. I say we head through the front door.

Must have eaten*


Female Human, Cleric 8 AC20, HP:55, F:9,R:7,W:13, Init: +7, Reach

"Bil can take up the rear and be spattered in gore. Does Seila need to come in on a tide of blood or a quiet strangling fog?" The little woman asks inquisitively of the quiet man.


Init: +11, Perception: +18, AC: 24, HP: 68/68, Saves: 9/13/6

I would start silent and bring the tide if things go bad. Nicolae ignores the men in the room and leads the party upstairs.


Male Human Monk 1 (Wanderer)

Having invested into a delegation to Nicolae into what seemed to be a core competency for the man, Talmanes followed his lead, hand on the hilt of his blade.


Could everyone who's following Nicolae upstairs please say so, I'm happy to run places at once


Female Human, Cleric 8 AC20, HP:55, F:9,R:7,W:13, Init: +7, Reach

following


following and preparing produce flame before we run into trouble.


Male Human Monk 1 (Wanderer)

Talmanes is essentially following Nicolae's lead.


I'm going to start assuming things to speed stuff up as of now, if you want me to stop then just ask

You all walk up the stairs, a few patrons give you concerned looks but no-one says anything to you. As you reach the upstairs corridor, you see it is quite dark, with a lone candle lighting the bare wooden interior of the corridor. Clearly there has been no effort been made to make this place look lavish.

As you get to the room that Nicolae informed you of, you hear a very quiet scratching sound, and a low snore. Clearly neither of them have moved position. The door is unlocked, you swing it open quickly and the two men barely have time to react.

Surprise round! Rather than do initiative, I'm doing it by who can get through the door first, marching order is, Nicolae-Talmanes-Seila-Bilnerk.

I'll allow you to have drawn your weapons and readied any spells before you opened the door, as you knew what was on the other side.

Nicolae


Female Human, Cleric 8 AC20, HP:55, F:9,R:7,W:13, Init: +7, Reach

Touch confused so I'll just go ahead and post for the best. Have arcane pool and rimed frostbite currently sitting in hair.

Without a word Seila's hair starts to dance wildly as she casually walks over to the still awake man.

Can only take standards or move in the surprise round sadly. :(


Well I gave you a marching order because its a fairly unimportant encounter and I went on who was most likely to go in first, since it's a small door way and only one person can get through at a time, I'm taking your marching order as initiative for the surprise round, since you can't act untill you're in the room, so Nicolae goes first, followed by Talmanes, then you, then Bilnerk, if you want to change your action before your turn that's fine.


Female Human, Cleric 8 AC20, HP:55, F:9,R:7,W:13, Init: +7, Reach

Nope.


Init: +11, Perception: +18, AC: 24, HP: 68/68, Saves: 9/13/6

Ranged Shuriken 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 flat footed AC
Damage: 1d2 + 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + (6, 2) + 4 = 13


I'm going to assume you take a 5 foot step to the side as that's a free action as long as you've taken no other move action and I don't think you want to block everyone else getting into the room! If you do want to block everyone then say the word and you shall stand right in the doorway


Male Human Monk 1 (Wanderer)

Sword already in hand, Talmanes assumed his combat stance and rushed the closest of the targets; his blade arcing downwards in a swift strike.

Defensive Fighting Charge (+4 if prone, crit threat): 1d20 + 10 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 10 + 2 - 2 = 29
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Defensive Fighting Charge (+4 if prone, crit confirmed?): 1d20 + 10 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 10 + 2 - 2 = 24
Additional Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

AC24, CMD26, Deflect Arrows and Crane Style not yet used this round.


Nicolae:
You slam open the heavy wooden door and dive sideways into the room. You flick your wrist and send a shuriken in the direction of the man sitting at the table. Unfortunately you misjudge the aim slightly and rather than going into the base of his skull as you'd hoped, it instead buries itself into his padded leather shoulder.

Talmanes:
You stride confidently into the room, sword in hand and slash at the sleeping mans throat. You cleave straight through his main artery, blood gushes out and covers the wall, the man gurgles to his death.


Male Human Monk 1 (Wanderer)

Slight mistake, AC is 22 due to the charge action.


Bil will fire his magic missiles at the man nicolae threw his Shuriken at.

damage: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (3, 3) + 2 = 8


Bilnerk:
The man turns as he hears the commotion behind him and the thud of a projectile strike his shoulder. As he is completing his turn, he is smashed by an invisible fist right between the shoulder blades causing his head to slam against his desk, drawing a bead of blood from his forehead.

Waiting on you Selia


Female Human, Cleric 8 AC20, HP:55, F:9,R:7,W:13, Init: +7, Reach

Is it the first round? Becaause all I did (and really can do) was walk up to the guy who is woken up.


He's not woken up, he's dead, but sure.

Selia walks up to the man that has had his throat slashed by talmanes, she stares into his eyes as he gasps for air and just chokes on his own blood. After several moments his thrashing finishes and he stops moving.

Initiative!

Selia: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Bilnerk:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Talmanes:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Nicolae:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Man at desk: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12


Ok so Nicolae first, everyone write what you will do on your turn bar talmanes, he is still struggling over the brutal way he murdered that poor man!


Female Human, Cleric 8 AC20, HP:55, F:9,R:7,W:13, Init: +7, Reach

I was talking about the man at the desk....the still awake man...


Ok but the rooms pretty small so it makes next to no mechanical difference anyway, everyone continue as normal and I'll write a proper description for selias move tomorrow


Init: +11, Perception: +18, AC: 24, HP: 68/68, Saves: 9/13/6

Nicolae throws another shuriken at the one that is still alive.

Flatfooted AC: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
1d2 + 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + (2, 4) + 4 = 11

And then pulls his sword.


Bil calls upon his inner flame and hurls a bolt of fire directly at the nearest man [ooc[(or one who is out of combat, if possible.)[/ooc]

ranged touch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

crit confirm: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

used bolt of fire domain ability. Has 6 left.


Selia:
You stride into the room, hair wafting around you as if some invisible strings were pulling at it. You slowly stride up to the man sat at the desk, starting at him intently the entire way

Nicolae:
After the quick throw of the shuriken last time, you spend a few seconds lining up your shot, the tactic works and you strike the man directly between the shoulder blades, he lets out a gasp of pain as it strikes just to the side of his spine.

Bilnerk:
You hunker down emotionally, bringing up the memories of your fireborn heritage, as your emotions peak you cry out and hurl a bolt of fire out of your hand, right at where the shuriken has already penetrated, giving you a chance of superheating and melting the metal to cause severe injury. Unfortunately he is still recoiling from the blow and you strike him in the left shoulder instead, his clothes still look thoroughly singed however and you can see a flash of seared flesh beneath his clothes.

Ok selia you have your full turn now


Female Human, Cleric 8 AC20, HP:55, F:9,R:7,W:13, Init: +7, Reach

Hurray!

Seila descends upon her chosen victim. And bad things happen.

Swift: Arcane Accuracy.
Full Attack with hair discharging Rimed Frost Bite.

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25 Attack If this hits the following happens:

1d4 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 Damage from hair
1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 Nonlethal Damage from spell and the target is now fatigued and entangled. No save.

CMB to grapple. 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25 Seila does nto gain grapple condition.

2nd attack bite. If attack from above hit target should be grappled, entangled, and fatigued.
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 attack
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 damage

Crit Confirm 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
crit damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Seila:
You leap upon the sat man, your hair wraps itself around him and repeatedly strikes his flesh. After a few seconds he goes limp, the multiple wounds taking their toll on his body.

Dm:

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

The room is mostly bare, with a few packs with spare clothes and rations in the corner. On the table sits a recently written letter, the hot wax still burning from where the seal was about to be made.

The letter reads:

We have almost penetrated their ranks, after much bribery and brown nosing in the right places we have gained a meeting with the recruiters. If this goes well we should be high enough in their ranks in a few weeks to get a look at their leader. If it's who we think it is then we shall be left with no choice but to remove Iron Bull despite the asset he provides.

We shall be in contact again with you soon.

If anyone wants to try and identify the seal, roll any knowledge checks you think relevant.


Init: +11, Perception: +18, AC: 24, HP: 68/68, Saves: 9/13/6

Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15


Bil will cast detect magic.
"They might have had some magical items we can use." he stats, looking over the room carefully.


Nicolae:
You determine that the seal is not local

Bilnerk:
You scan the room with your magical tinted vision, looking for glowing items. Oddly you find nothing, it would be quite rare for mercinaries for hire to have no magical things, normally they would have at least one ring, but it looks like they have made particular effort to make sure they have nothing with any magical taint on it


Male Human Monk 1 (Wanderer)

Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Knowledge (Nobility): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Knowledge (Religion): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20


Bil shakes his head
"nothing here, it seems. Very odd for mercinaries like them not to have anything." he shares his concerns with this with the group.


Female Human, Cleric 8 AC20, HP:55, F:9,R:7,W:13, Init: +7, Reach

"An odd letter." Seila muses wiping blood from her mouth. "Seila sees many sharks in the water after the same half eaten fish. Let us hope we are the bigger shark."


Talmanes:

Knowledge Nobility:
You think back to the books you've read on all of the seals used by the nobles, after all they are the only people that use them. You find it odd that you recognise nothing about this seal at all.


Init: +11, Perception: +18, AC: 24, HP: 68/68, Saves: 9/13/6

Aren't there some men downstairs from this group? If so, how many total?


Turnage wrote:

Awesome, I was worried you'd gone awol.

You all arrive at the inn roughly 10 minutes later (it's not far away). You can hear the sounds of merryment and drinking from coming inside the inn, but not as loudly as might once have been heard. As you enter through the front door, quite a few people look round at you and then hastily look away, a few quite drunk large men try to give you stony eyes, attempting to impress their fellow drinking buddies.

Of the four men you need to "deal with", you see one standing at the bar ordering drinks, another sat at a table with a few people, talking in hushed whispers. And from what Nicolae has told you, there are two more upstairs in the third bedrooom along the corridor.


DC20 perception check:

You see the two men from downstairs standing on the building opposite you, studying the scene through the window.


Init: +11, Perception: +18, AC: 24, HP: 68/68, Saves: 9/13/6

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Gentlemen...We have been spotted. Nicolae points to the men.


Nicolae Vintila wrote:

[dice=Perception]1d20+7

Gentlemen...We have been spotted. Nicolae points to the men.

Bil, surprised by this news looks to the rest of the group in surprise.

"What do we do now?" he asks, looking around and wondering who saw them and from where.


Male Human Monk 1 (Wanderer)

Exams 2/3 done and a large enough break between yesterday's and next Monday's for me to make some updates. Apologies for absence.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

We must give chase. None can know our purpose here... Talmanes said with alacrity as he moved swiftly to the window, seeking a way across.

How far a jump etc.?

251 to 295 of 295 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Awakening Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.