Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


The Awakening

Game Master Turnage


201 to 250 of 295 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

You hear the footsteps approaching from upstairs and after a few seconds you see the barman emerge in the doorway. He beckons for you to follow him and disappears back through the doorway.

As you follow him up the stairs, he waits just at the top, and points to the second door along the right hand side. He then walks off right to the end of the corridor and disappears into the final door on the left, shutting the door loudly so it can clearly be heard.

You enter the room, as you do you struggle to see due to there being no artificial light being provided, the lamp has been put out. As your eyes begin to adjust you see a young looking girl sat on the window sill, staring pensively out of the window, her white hair seeming to move of its own accord. She gives off a very eerie aura.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannd go


Bil takes this oppitunity to take a step foward and bow.
"Greetings, miss." he smiles as he rises "We're here to get involved with the underground. We all have skills in combat and I have knowledge in many different subjects that could help."


Female Human, Cleric 8 AC20, HP:55, F:9,R:7,W:13, Init: +7, Reach

"Involved?" The girl says in a young slightly squeaky voice that oozes derision. "If by involved I hope you mean by stringing them up by the entrails and make delightful wind chimes from their bones when the birds have picked off the all the flesh from their still twitching bodies. I hope it's true the good Captain promised me bodies to throw at this underground so I can make the chimes. Mother says she likes the song they play when the western wind blows on moonless nights. Please tell me that's true or else I may have to turn the nice owner of this room into something that gurgles and moans for Mr. Pinchy's amusement."


Init: +11, Perception: +18, AC: 24, HP: 68/68, Saves: 9/13/6

Nicolae slips into the room as silently as a cat. His dark cloak embraces the shadowy room causing his figure to pop in and out of vision. As he notices the white-haired figure's silhouette by the window, a chill runs down his spine causing goosebumps to creep up his arms. He instinctively palms two shurikens. As the newcomer speaks, She looks like my kind of companion. He laughs to himself: I can't wait to see Talmanes' reaction to her.

Do not fret Le diablo blanc...I will provide you plenty of bones for your "chimes".


Seila Merrilon wrote:
"Involved?" The girl says in a young slightly squeaky voice that oozes derision. "If by involved I hope you mean by stringing them up by the entrails and make delightful wind chimes from their bones when the birds have picked off the all the flesh from their still twitching bodies. I hope it's true the good Captain promised me bodies to throw at this underground so I can make the chimes. Mother says she likes the song they play when the western wind blows on moonless nights. Please tell me that's true or else I may have to turn the nice owner of this room into something that gurgles and moans for Mr. Pinchy's amusement."

Bilnerk is taken aback at her rarther gory talk of wind chimes being made from bones.

"Well I..." being obviously caught off guard from this behaviour he struggles to find the words and clears his throat. "Well it's nice to meet someone who is also working for the good captain. I'm afraid I'd end up charring the bones or possibly turning the assailents into ash when my studies lead me to more powerful spells." it's clear that he doesn't feel comfortable around this woman, whose opening line was about turning people into carrion and then using their bones as wind chimes.


Female Human, Cleric 8 AC20, HP:55, F:9,R:7,W:13, Init: +7, Reach

"Ash has its uses." The strange girl says. "But I am not here for ash. I am here to wait for the man who will take me to the place underground where the men the captain wants dead are. Then I will make the chimes. Tell me, are you an octopus? Mr. Pinchy thinks you might be an octopus and thus unworthy of his trust. I do not think any of you are an octopus but I find it prudent to ask and avoid embarassment later."


Male Human Monk 1 (Wanderer)

The usually unflappable Talmanes looked on upon the scene, glanced at Nicolae and seemed somewhat lost for words. He certainly looked uncomfortable with the situation at hand and seemed to be almost muttering to himself silently.

Think of the money, man, think of the wealth...


Seila Merrilon wrote:
"Ash has its uses." The strange girl says. "But I am not here for ash. I am here to wait for the man who will take me to the place underground where the men the captain wants dead are. Then I will make the chimes. Tell me, are you an octopus? Mr. Pinchy thinks you might be an octopus and thus unworthy of his trust. I do not think any of you are an octopus but I find it prudent to ask and avoid embarassment later."

Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26

"An octopus?" Bil shakes his head as he recalls the strange aquatic creatures in nature "No, not a mollusc amungst us. I've never heard of such creature being able to take human form or speak..." Bil has no idea what the group have found her and he is confused with her thinking that he or the rest of the group might be a aquatic, boneless and beaked creature.


Female Human, Cleric 8 AC20, HP:55, F:9,R:7,W:13, Init: +7, Reach

The girl rolls her eyes and sighs resignedly. I tell him that all the time but he refuses to see reason. Reason, reason, but reason can come later. Seila will have your names now so I can use them later. I know one of you is not talking. It would be wise for him to talk or else I may not think him a person."


Male Human Monk 1 (Wanderer)

I... am Talmanes. And for the first time, I begin to think that i'm getting too old for all this... the white-haired man said with a wry shake of his head.


M Human Ranger 4 (Urban)/ (Per: +8/10 Init:+5 HP 41/41 AC: 21/15/17 F: +5 R: +9 W: +2)

The ranger, still in the hall, seems less than happy about finding their new teammate. He holds his great recurved composite bow, an arrow knocked, but not fully drawn. And he wears a look part hatred, part disgust, and part fear on his face. I care not what you think of me witch. In my homeland all daughters of the old crone are called enemy and hunted. You expect us to accept you into our group so easily? What proof have you that are to be one of us? I know you by your hair. You are a white witch and therefore you are not to be trusted or dealt with.

The ranger is Ulfen; a man of the north. His people have been at war with the witches for generations. He can not be expected to be happy to find one here.


Init: +11, Perception: +18, AC: 24, HP: 68/68, Saves: 9/13/6

Nicolae smiles at the response of his Ulfen friend.


Female Human, Cleric 8 AC20, HP:55, F:9,R:7,W:13, Init: +7, Reach

The girl giggles appearing unphased by the mans accusations. "I never asked for your trust. Only to borrow your bloodlust. The captain told me to stop these men your king seems to have trouble with. It is good he came to my mother. My mother is very helpful to those who are polite and offer the proper gifts. But she is old and prefers her playthings to growing her legend. So she sends one of her daughters in her stead. I too have a play thing. I found him and he thought me like one of the city girls who fall upon their back and spread their legs for scraps of bread and a soft word. But instead I took from him what I wanted and gave nothing in return. Now he will behave like an obedient dog for me, won't he Mr Pinchy?" There is a brief sloshing from her as if water and the clank of a something plinking on on hard clay. The girl continues though her voice gaining the slightest, coldest edge.

"Would you like to see what tricks my doggy knows Mr.NoName? He knows the trick of getting to the vermin the captain wants exterminated. My doggy can do that. Or do you prefer your bow and your ignorance? Seila gives you her name and only your Tallman gives his in return. Seila invites you to have my doggy show you his trick and you answer with drawn weapons and threats from a homeland I've never heard of for a crone I never met. Tell me Mr. NoName who is being impolite? Mother would flay you alive and sew your skin back on you with stinging bugs inside. But..." Seila puts a delicate finger to her chin as if considering something. "I am not my mother. So flaying is unnecessary."


"Bilnerk Ricina, my lady. I go by Bil, however." he gives a low bow to her "I assume you are talking about a familiar?" he asks as he looks around the rom for some kind of creature that he hasn't seen yet. His robes appear to be well looked after, though ash and dust also decorate his robe making a odd mix of clothing. He appears to have the same ethnicity of those in the local area.


M Human Ranger 4 (Urban)/ (Per: +8/10 Init:+5 HP 41/41 AC: 21/15/17 F: +5 R: +9 W: +2)

Seeming to have reached a decision, but with a look of strong distaste on his face, the ranger relaxes his half pull on his bow and steps into the small room. My name is Beohawk. It seems the need of the good king will create strange alliances this day. As for tricks of some fool who trusted you, I desire not to see them. What amuses your kind sickens mine. It has always been so. Do you claim not to be of the North? Not of Irrisen? Not of Baba Yoga's brood?


Female Human, Cleric 8 AC20, HP:55, F:9,R:7,W:13, Init: +7, Reach

"You speak of strange places and people with funny names Mr. Bawk. Seila comes from what you call the jagged coast in this nation. But you have nothing to fear from my mother here. Her red tide has not left the caverns in a long time and only a personal affront would ply her away from her toys. And you will like the tricks my doggy can do Mr Bawk and Mr. Bil. Especially the one where he shows us where to find the underground. I would show you the one where he wets himself and begs but Mr. Bawk might make a scowly face again."


"You want her to go on a adventure with you?" "Oh no, she's going to be mean to me!"

Bil shrugs at mentioning how Beohawk might scowl.
"If it gets us information I have no problem, but I have no experience in such acts so I'll keep out of your way." he merely shrugs as he looks her over for a moment "Do you have a command of magic? Does the arcane run through your blood, summoned by faith or earned through hard study?"


After some thought, Beohawk comes to a conclusion.

I was not made aware that we would be working with witches, therefore my quest ends here. I do not trust your intentions, nor whatever intel you may be privy to. The captains reward shall not profit me in death.

He then bows his head and leaves the room, making sure his half cocked arrow is always aimed in the direction of Seila.


Female Human, Cleric 8 AC20, HP:55, F:9,R:7,W:13, Init: +7, Reach

"Bye bye MR. Bawk. Enjoy your ignorant bow."


I assume by the extended silence that you're ready to move on?


Male Human Monk 1 (Wanderer)

Yup, i'd say so.

One door opens, another one closes... Just keep your distance from me for now, Seila. I share not the superstitions of my once-companion, but i'm not particularly keen to get cosy with anyone on the job. Sound fair?


Female Human, Cleric 8 AC20, HP:55, F:9,R:7,W:13, Init: +7, Reach

"Do not worry Tallman. I do not need to be close."


You hear footsteps approaching purposefully loudly, and then a knock on the door as you hear the barmans voice.

Your contacts here Seila, if you want to come downstairs when you're ready, I think he's got something to say to you


Female Human, Cleric 8 AC20, HP:55, F:9,R:7,W:13, Init: +7, Reach

"Send my doggy up here." Seila says to the barman not turning.


Seila Merrilon wrote:
"Send my doggy up here." Seila says to the barman not turning.

Bil seems disturbed at her mentioning a "doggy" and what she explained that it's someone she has under her thumb. He decides not to press it any further.


The barman nods and leaves the room, a few seconds later you hear a shuffling of the feet and a small timid man enters the room.

Found them I did mistress, perfect, you'll easily kill them and take their place. No-one from the underground has met em yet, I've sabotaged all their previous meetings, rat infestations, burnt down houses, must think the devils after them, though not far from the truth is it

He tries a weak smile and then quickly looks at the floor again.

They're meeting tomorrow night, just after sundown, and the people you want to impersonate, they are staying in the inn just round the corner from here, the blue hazel. They were real drunk and just headed to bed, shouldn't be hard for you to handle miss. Can...can I go? Please, I don't need the payment, just just don't take my bones miss.


Female Human, Cleric 8 AC20, HP:55, F:9,R:7,W:13, Init: +7, Reach
Turnage wrote:

The barman nods and leaves the room, a few seconds later you hear a shuffling of the feet and a small timid man enters the room.

Found them I did mistress, perfect, you'll easily kill them and take their place. No-one from the underground has met em yet, I've sabotaged all their previous meetings, rat infestations, burnt down houses, must think the devils after them, though not far from the truth is it

He tries a weak smile and then quickly looks at the floor again.

They're meeting tomorrow night, just after sundown, and the people you want to impersonate, they are staying in the inn just round the corner from here, the blue hazel. They were real drunk and just headed to bed, shouldn't be hard for you to handle miss. Can...can I go? Please, I don't need the payment, just just don't take my bones miss.

Seila gets up from her chair as the man speaks. The chair seems to slide away of its own accord before she turns to him her pale petite face showing cruel bemusement as the man stammers all he's done. Her long almsot floor length hair seems to writhe and move of its own accord just in the corner of the eye going completely normal whenever any focus is put on it. When she gets close to him seeing him shiver too scared too run and too frightened to fight she pats him lightly on his greasy haired head.

"Good doggy. Oh, but now you've went pee pee on the floor." She shakes her head admonishingly a strange gesture as the hair starts to crrep forward towards the man. Then she turns to the others. "Shall I discipline him by making him wipe it up with his own guts?"


Init: +11, Perception: +18, AC: 24, HP: 68/68, Saves: 9/13/6

Do what you will witch and let us be on our way. Nicolae says obviously annoyed at the performance.

My character not me on the annoyance.


Bil looks to the event with a quite sickened and disgusted look.
"I agree with Nicolae. Let's be on our way." he states, not wanting to see the sight of this wretch for much longer in the doorway. I heard magic could be a tool of great evil. I never realised this could happen to anyone. What have we gotten ourselves into?


Init: +11, Perception: +18, AC: 24, HP: 68/68, Saves: 9/13/6

Nicolae turns and walks out of the room. He heads down stairs and takes a quick inventory of his gear. Keep your eye on the witch Nicolae. She may be more dangerous than Talmanes.


Female Human, Cleric 8 AC20, HP:55, F:9,R:7,W:13, Init: +7, Reach

No one going to plead for the mans life?


Male Human Monk 1 (Wanderer)

No.

Talmanes looked on grimly. While the scene sickened him a little, the less liabilities to their mission, the better. A small part of him had even considered stopping Beohawk from leaving and that same pragmatic, cold part of his mind caused him to incline his head slightly, showing his consent.


Female Human, Cleric 8 AC20, HP:55, F:9,R:7,W:13, Init: +7, Reach

Cue horrible offscreen crunching noise, a brief but terrible cry of pain, an expanding pool of blood, a horriefied expression ons someones face, and one loose end tied.


Oh god, the poor urchin.

The barman lay in his bed, eyes closed, trying to sleep. He knew it wouldn't come, not with that group just a few paces down the corridor. he pushed his pillows over his ears, he'd been an adventurer many years ago, but that was a different time. He rarely had to kill people, even then it was bandits and the deaths were quick and relatively painless. Just a quick knock on the head with his trusty mace.

The blood curdling scream followed by the horrible sound of bones moving in ways that could not leave a man alive. He shut his eyes and hoped they'd be gone by morning, he knew the urchin would have given the information they wanted, whatever it was. He just wanted to spend his gold and pretend that this whole ordeal never happened, he was too old for all this stuff.


Male Human Monk 1 (Wanderer)

Talmanes had turned his back on the deed. While he was clearly not particularly emotionally affected by the kill, he did find it distasteful.

Very well. We have tomorrow to busy ourselves before the meeting. Any suggestions?


Just to clarify, the urchin said that the new recruits who you are going to be pretending to be are sleeping in an inn around the corner called the blue hazel. It might be kinda awkward if you turn up pretending to be there if they are there as well....


Male Human Monk 1 (Wanderer)

Thanks I missed that in busyness. Instead of the above, Talmanes says...

It seems he will not be the last to die at the hands of this makeshift team tonight then... We should do this cleanly and as quietly as possible. Nicolae, perhaps you'd like to scope out their room and figure out a plan of attack?


Init: +11, Perception: +18, AC: 24, HP: 68/68, Saves: 9/13/6

Roger. Should I go in through the front door and check it out or do you want me to climb in on the second floor?


Female Human, Cleric 8 AC20, HP:55, F:9,R:7,W:13, Init: +7, Reach

K now that I've had a chance to play her for a bit let me just make one minor change to her sheet...

Seila steps out of the room leaving a trail of small bloody footprints holding a bloody bundle close to her chest with all signs of satisfaction. "Can you not burrow under there feet and emerge from under there beds?"


Male Human Monk 1 (Wanderer)

I trust your judgement in such matters. Find us an entrance, Nicolae.


"I'm afraid I don't know of any way for us to burrow under them and doing so by hand will take too longer." Bil shrugs "I trust Nicolae can sneak in, assess the situation and then tell us what the numbers are like in there.

Bil then realises the bloody footprints and the bloody bundle.
"Such a mess...what is necessary?" he asks looking to her and then the bundle "I did not know the man, but can't think of what he would've done to deserve such a fate."


Female Human, Cleric 8 AC20, HP:55, F:9,R:7,W:13, Init: +7, Reach

Stuffing the bundle into her bag Seila looks up at Bilnerk as if he just suggested that dogs could talk. "I can think of many things Mr. Bil. I can also think of many who would suggest you deserve the same for doing nothing to stop it."

Turning back to her careful packing Seila sighs."It's sad you cannot borrow. I suppose Mr. Quiet will just have to do it the boring way."


Seila Merrilon wrote:

Stuffing the bundle into her bag Seila looks up at Bilnerk as if he just suggested that dogs could talk. "I can think of many things Mr. Bil. I can also think of many who would suggest you deserve the same for doing nothing to stop it."

Turning back to her careful packing Seila sighs."It's sad you cannot borrow. I suppose Mr. Quiet will just have to do it the boring way."

Bil shrugs

"I'm no paladin. At times I despite those who hold the law above the wellbeing of themselves and others." he merely states. "I persue knowledge and power. What people do, as long as it doesn't effect me, is a problem for them and the Gods that judge them."

"Anyway, who is this 'Mr Quiet' that you mentioned?" he asks curiously "First I'd like to see how successful Nicolae is in his plan before exploring this route...unless we could do both as some kind of pincer movement. One group enters the front and at the first sign of trouble, the second bursts from the ground to assist."


Init: +11, Perception: +18, AC: 24, HP: 68/68, Saves: 9/13/6

Nicolae walks quietly around the Blue Hazel Inn looking for access into the building other than the front door.


Nicolae:

Your perception test:
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

You can see the front door and 5 windows leading up into various second floor rooms. With your extremely keen senses you notice through the glass that the latch is off on one of the windows, and the room looks dark. You also notice a door to a wine cellar, but there is a rather large lock on it.


Init: +11, Perception: +18, AC: 24, HP: 68/68, Saves: 9/13/6

GM Turnage:
Nicolae attempts to climb to the window with the open latch as quietly as possible.

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Climb: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22


You successfully climb up to the window ledge and silently push the window open. You see a man asleep and snoring quietly, he doesn't match the description of the men told to you by the urchin before his unfortunate demise.

From here you can easily climb across to other windows on the same level and judging from the noise outside there doesn't seem to be anyone in the corridor outside of the room either.


Init: +11, Perception: +18, AC: 24, HP: 68/68, Saves: 9/13/6

Nicolae climbs across to other windows looking for the men in the description.


Climb check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Stealth check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

You successfully climb across the balconies, crouching low and ducking out of the way to remain hidden.

The third window along you see two men, both of which match the descriptions given to you, one of them is fast asleep and the other is sat at a writing desk looking into space.


Init: +11, Perception: +18, AC: 24, HP: 68/68, Saves: 9/13/6

Sry guys. I thought I had responded. The board must have ate my post.

Nicolae climbs down and tells the group what he sees. I say we head through the front door.

201 to 250 of 295 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Awakening Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.