Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

The Awakening

Game Master Turnage


1 to 50 of 295 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

So here's the gameplay thread guys, you have all received letters a few days ago from captain Raichus, summoning you for an unspecified duty. You are now in the room awaiting his arrival. Gl and Hf :)

You are sat around a large wooden table, it has many scratches and furrows from the hundreds of meetings that must have been held here. The lack of windows and thick stone walls give it a very damp dingy feel, but comfort was not part of the engineers design portfolio. Secrecy is the main design here, the only way to enter this room is down a singular corridor, with a pair of guards every fifteen feet. The entrance is placed in a brothel, no-one would look twice at the collection of odd people parading through at strange hours.

Looking around, you see other people around the table looking as in the dark as you are, you may have vaguely hear of some by word of mouth, but you are certainly not aquainted with any of them.

After given you sufficient time to ponder, Captain Raichus prowls into the room with two honor guard. Normally only the crown would be permitted to use the guard, the fact that he has entered with them speaks of the urgency and instability of the situation.

He looks around the room, clearly commiting each face to memory, gives a quick cough to clear his throat and starts talking.

Ah I see you all made it, I am sorry for the way you were led here, bags over the head and such, but we can't risk you knowing the location untill you've left, this meeting success is imperative, and we couldn't risk one of you betraying us before we even began.

He walks over to the empty seat on the table, goes to sit down, and thinks better of it. Instead he paces back and forth, glancing up at the faces of the occupiers, gauging their reactions.

The crown has a problem, as I'm sure you know there is wide scale chaos, a mass call for laying down of arms whilst the death count is higher than most wars. This seems too convinient. People like armies, people feel safe when armies are watching over them, everyone knows what these riots are doing to our populace, yet they keep going. There doesn't even seem to be any particular objective to them, just death and chaos. There must be an instigator, a person or an organisation behind this. We must find them, and we must stop them.

Now, why have I brought you here for this? Well, our spies are dead. All of them. The phrase, they have been infiltrated is unable to cover the magnituted of this situation. We don't expect your undying loyalty to the crown, we don't expect you to follow the laws in your completion of this assignment. We just want it done, and we are prepared to offer you substantial compensation. Anything you want, within realistic terms, we are prepared to give. However, know this. Betray us, and not just you will suffer, anyone who associates with you, any friends, family, will feel the wrath of the crown. And you, you will not just be killed, believe me I've seen what they do and I'd sooner kill myself, so bare this in mind before you make a decision.

Captain Raichus stops pacing, he looks up at all of the rooms occupants and looks each one in the eyes as he says

You don't have to do this, we only ask that if you turn us down, you do not speak of this, or we will find you, and you will die. However, think back to what I said, anything you want, shall be yours. Money, land, power. You can have any of them, just kill these instigators and leave their corpses for the crows


Male Human Magus / 4

Dot...I'll post later tonight.


Male Human Monk 1 (Wanderer)

Dot.


M Human Ranger 4 (Urban)/ (Per: +8/10 Init:+5 HP 41/41 AC: 21/15/17 F: +5 R: +9 W: +2)

Beohawk blinks a few times to help his eyes adjust to the new light level. He is sweating from the hood and generally in a bad mood. He does not appreciate the treatment, but understands the need. His eyes moves from the speaker to the other 'volunteers" gathered at the table with him. His team, if he accepts. They look capable enough, but what are their motivations? Will they sell him our for coin, or do they too understand loyalty and honor? Sounds like he has to give his answer now, before he even meets the others.

Captain Raichus. he ponders. What do I really know about this man, or the crown for that matter? Do the people love him? Do they respect the crown? If I take this mission do I help these people, or help keep them down and repressed? What do I really know?

Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

The Northman known as Beohawk pays close attention to Captain Raichus, almost hanging on every word. But he does not speak. He seems to be waiting to hear from the others at the table.


Male Human Monk 1 (Wanderer)

Talmanes had been after this job for some time. The seasoned duellist had found work surprisingly hard to come by of late, despite the recent troubles and various killings. Some petty mercenary work here and there and offers of a guard position, but nothing that he felt was worth his time.

He had not anticipated the bag over his head but by the time that had come, he was too invested in this course of action to back down. That, and he was down to a very light purse of coins.

I certainly have no objection, if the pays as good as your implying he offered with a slight incline of his head. He had further questions and the inquiring tilt of his head made it clear, but he waited to see who his comrades were to be- who would back out now it was clear they were to be assassins for hire.


Male Human Magus / 4

"Anything"? Porter looks around at the others...they seemed capable at first glance. Troubled thoughts cross his mind as he rises to his feet.

"Porter Potts, mystical warrior, pledges his loyalty to the cause from now till the spirits claim my soul".

The strange Shoanti man then draws his knife, and cuts across his palm, offering it to the others.


M Human Ranger 4 (Urban)/ (Per: +8/10 Init:+5 HP 41/41 AC: 21/15/17 F: +5 R: +9 W: +2)

Did my knowledge Local tell me anything?


waiting for everyone to post then will post a summarised response for everyone.


Male Human Monk 1 (Wanderer)

Talmanes raised an eyebrow at the Shoanti man.

Oh light, a bloody flagellant... he thought to himself.


Captain Raichus looks around at the three people yet to show a reaction. The man known as Beohawk looked deep in concentration, as if trying to remember some specific fact. The other two members simply got up and left, two guards flanking each member as they exited through the door. He looks around at the three remaining members.

Well then, looks like we have our team. You may ask for any information you need from my assistant here He points to the nervous man standing next to him, who can hardly keep hold of all the papers in his arms
Whilst there is no time limit on this job, the quicker you do it, the fewer people die. Due to this being a secret operation, we cannot order the law to hold off on you whilst you are there, but we can promise full amnesty upon your return....within reason.

Captain Raichus turns and, flanked by his two honor guards, exits the room.

The timid looking man almost collapses onto the chair, spreading his papers out on the table in front of him.

So err err how can I, I mean what do you want, I mean need...yes...

Beohawk:
Knowledge Local: You know that the king used to be well loved and respected by his kingdom, especially so by his soldiers. He came into power in a time of war and strife and as such is a fantastic military leader. He brought all the nobles together, pooled their resources and repelled the barbarian threat. However, as much as he is successful in a military way, he lacks in politics.
He is repeatedly outmaneuvered in the senate and as such his power is waning, many people are trying to lobby support to take the throne for themselves.

Captain Raichus is known for doing what is right, no matter the cost. He would gladly give his life, or yours for that matter, for the good of the people. He would sacrifice his child if he thought he could save a thousand elsewhere.

Sense Motive:
You can tell nothing of his motives, his face is a blank slate, he could be telling you that the sky is green and you would have to look up to see if he was wrong.


Male Human Monk 1 (Wanderer)

Titles. Land. Wealth. Influence the seasoned man replied simply.

I think I owe the group a description.

Although Talmanes' hair was prematurely grey, he otherwise appeared to be no older than thirty summers. He had stood up early in the meeting, a little restless and preferring to stand. Powerfully built with a strong and agile physique, the man was obviously a seasoned veteran, or perhaps a mercenary.

He kept a finely crafted, large Yew longbow over his shoulders. His right hand was held within a Cestus, a firm leather glove with small spikes crafted just above the knuckles.

At his hip he wore several scabbards of various sizes- strangely only one of them containing an actual weapon; a softly glowing longsword with a fine golden hilt. A flail was secured and tucked into his hip belt and the observant could note a bulge under his sleeves where he kept a spring-loaded wrist sheath; dagger inside and at his disposal with a flick of his wrist.

Talmanes appeared to be garbed in simple but elegant grey travellers robes, worn loose for ease of movement. A heavy looking backpack was strapped to his back and he wore a belt pouch upon his waist. His hands and arms were well scarred, but his face was relatively unblemished. His hair was kept neatly trimmed and he was clean shaven. His blue eyes calmly encompassed the room, as though evaluating it for threats.


M Human Ranger 4 (Urban)/ (Per: +8/10 Init:+5 HP 41/41 AC: 21/15/17 F: +5 R: +9 W: +2)

And here is a description of Beohawk.

Berhawk is a Northman. He is of average height and build, if a little on the lean side. He wears his black hair long, sometimes braided and often heavily greased. Silver bands decorate his wrists, each with an Ulfen design. A small brand of three circles adorns his right cheek bone.
Furs are worn under his breastplate. His weapons of choice are the longbow and greatsword. His moods are often dark and stormy, but he is not known for being cruel.

Beohawk watches the captain leave, having not said a word to the man. I guess my presence in the room was my acquiescence. I am not sure I like being a hired assassin, but still I think I am on the right side.

Beohawk finally breaks his silence. Addressing Talmanes and Porter he comments For what its worth, I think we are on the right side of things. By that I mean that I have been talking to the locals, and, well, its that the king, he is, or at least was upright and was well loved by the people AND the army. He is a great tactician and was what was needed when the war was on. But he is not fairing so well in this post war den of vipers in the capital. He has many political rivals, and some are not playing fair. Those are the ones I think we are after. Near as I can tell the captain is a loyal man and is shooting strait with us. I'm convinced he has the good of the people at heart, which is why I am signing on.

He waits for any comments from his party members before addressing the assistant. If you are to help us, first I'll have your name. And your true name too. We men of the North do not play well this game of innuendo and subterfuge. So speak plainly, and tell us what you know that will aid us on this quest.


Well err sir I err, my my name is Terum sir, I just left the university and the captain grabbed me for my amazing paperwork skills he said sir, and well oh well you don't need to know all that do you, ever so sorry.

He fumbles around with a few pieces of paper and pushes 2 pieces across. On the first is a map of the underground of the city of fourwinds, you deduce that this must be the place you are being sent. The map is quite small, with large chunks obviously missing.

This is the best we could do, sssoorry. Err well at least you're in for a treat eh? Going to fourwinds? I've always wanted to go there....the four wind currents converging, the city surrounded by a permanent tornado, err sorry I'm rambling, I do that when I get nervous.

The second piece of paper is an incredibly detailed drawing of a man, he looks like he is in his early thirties, fairly short with clearly expensive clothes and a fashionable haircut.

This piece here, this is the man you are to kill, we have many sworn statements that this is the man in charge, however to get to him you are going to have to jump through many many hoops

As he is speaking, Terum looks straight down at the desk, it seems to reduce his stuttering.

Your job is to pose as mercinarys, there has been a general call by a few nobles in fourwinds for all the mercinarys then can get, we suspect that this is for the unknown organisation. You shall travel there as quickly as possible, horses shall be provided. There is a training camp for the new mercinary recruits in 2 weeks, you should arrive by then.

He stands up, takes a deep breath and manages to look at the people sat around the table.

If you would gentlemen, another member of your team awaits you outside by the horses

He beckons you to leave the room.

This will be you Nicolae if you weren't sure.


Been packing in intervals, so could only type so much in one session, continuation of above post

As you leave the room, the guards from all the way along the corridor head towards you giving you a rather large armoured escort. As you reach the entrance, you are sent out one by one over 20 minutes and told to head to the front gate and wait. After you had all arrived, you are lead through a small side entrance next to the front gate, the pitch black masking your exit. After roughly 5 minutes of walking down the muddy path, you get to the main stables.

Your guard escort waits outside, and points to a man standing by several horses.

Thats Nicolae, captain raichus nabbed him for this job a bit ago, I'll leave you to aquaint yourselves a bit before you head out

From here on out this campaign is going to be a go where you want do what you want, you have your mission but you can go about it however you want etc, I'm not a DM that likes to say no


M Human Ranger 4 (Urban)/ (Per: +8/10 Init:+5 HP 41/41 AC: 21/15/17 F: +5 R: +9 W: +2)

Before leaving Beohawk pockets both pieces of paper. I will burn the portrait before we arrive at Fourwinds, but I want some time to memorize the features. And I have my own horse, thank you. I'll need to retrieve it unless you want to arrange to fetch it for me. Unless by chance it was also kept at the main stables, which would be fine with me.

As we leave the area the ranger takes careful note of where we are in the city. They will not likely use this spot again, but I still like to know where I've been. he thinks as he notes his location.

Once at the stables Beohawk takes in the look of Nicolae. Looks like a sneaky bastard to me. Not sure I'll ever trust him, but he has the look of someone handy to have around in a fight. That is a good thing.

Once we are all together the ranger will suggest. Before heading out we need a place to talk. make sure we have good cover stories that match. No good contradicting each other. And it would be helpful if we knew more about each others fightings stiles, and strengths, and weaknesses.


Well it's the cheapest and largest stables in the city so for convenience sake lets say that your horse is there


Male Human Monk 1 (Wanderer)

Talmanes nodded in a polite greeting to the newcomer, then responded to the other man taking charge of the situation as he took a horse absent-mindedly.

A sound plan. Perhaps renting a private room within an inn would be most amenable. We can draw up our plans there and get acquainted? What say you all?

Time of day?


M Human Ranger 4 (Urban)/ (Per: +8/10 Init:+5 HP 41/41 AC: 21/15/17 F: +5 R: +9 W: +2)

A sound plan Talmanes. I second it. Let us make sure we choose a room where we cannot be overheard.


Male Human Monk 1 (Wanderer)

I guess we're assuming the introductions were done inside then :P. Not a problem.


Male Human Magus / 4

"Porter Potts". "As I said earlier", the obviously Shoanti man says as he wipes the blood from his un-bonded hand. He then remains silent, as the group heads towards the stables. Once there he takes some time to examine the available horses, finally settling on one he seems to approve of.

Porter is of medium height and build, but when he raises his arms to fasten the bridle on the horse, it is easy to see the solid cords of muscle stand out on his body. Not an ounce of fat on his chiseled frame, bespeak that he might be stronger than he looks". He also moves gracefully, and has an intelligent glint in his eyes. His manner of dress is unusual, with traditional buckskins, and furs, over a fine chain shirt, that has been painted black so as to not shine. In the areas where wear has loosened some of the paint, the glow of mithril shines through. He carries a fine spear in one hand, and loads the mount down with several other weapons. His feet are shod in black calf high soft leather moccasin boots, and several pouches, and fetishes drape the belts, and bandoleers about his body. He has several tribal tatools, and has some small items braided into his long dark red hair.


Init: +11, Perception: +18, AC: 24, HP: 68/68, Saves: 9/13/6

As the new recruits approach, Nicolae looks up from the parchment he is reading and turns his onyx stead around to get a better look. Hmm...a unique bunch of mercenaries. Captain Raichus must be desperate. He hardly hides the disapproving look as he nods back to Talmanes and slowly guides his horse over towards the group and removes his leather gloves.

I am Nicolae. There are plenty of places to hold up in Fourwinds.

Nicolae is shrouded in black from his horse to his breastplate, sword, and cloak. At first glance, he appears to be in his late thirties. This is mostly due to his weathered face and chiseled features. It is not until he rides up closer that his youthful blue eyes and handsome looks betray his true age of twenty eight. He pulls back his hood to reveal short dark hair and a well kept beard. A large scar is visible from his hairline on the right side of his face, across his right eye, ending at his jawline. Though he appears to be from Cheliax, his clothing and gear are definitely Tian.

Link: Think League of Shadows from Batman Begins


let me know when you guys want me to move you to the next session or want to keep fluffing


M Human Ranger 4 (Urban)/ (Per: +8/10 Init:+5 HP 41/41 AC: 21/15/17 F: +5 R: +9 W: +2)

How long is the trip between this city and Fourwinds? I want the group to have some time to talk, develop a cohesive story that will keep us out of trouble, and learn strengths and weaknesses.


Init: +11, Perception: +18, AC: 24, HP: 68/68, Saves: 9/13/6

Will we travel in game or just get there? How long will it take? We only have two weeks. I think our plan is to find an Inn/Tavern to hold up in until it is time to meet.

Beohawk...Could you scout out ahead while we travel? I will cover the rear of the group. Talmanes and Potts...I am guessing you two are able hand to hand fighters? Does anyone besides the Ulfen have ranged skill?

Nicolae begins double checking his gear and retightening the straps on his saddle bags.

Let's go kill this bastard.


the ride is two Weeks, happy to transport you straight there or for you to fluff on the way, get to.know each other


M Human Ranger 4 (Urban)/ (Per: +8/10 Init:+5 HP 41/41 AC: 21/15/17 F: +5 R: +9 W: +2)

I can indeed scout, and would be happy to. The ranger holds the reigns to a sleek and powerful looking warhorse wearing studded leather barding.

Two weeks on the trail would give us plenty of time to discuss our story and to learn about each other. Might offer an random encounter or to that could help us learn how we fight together and begin to bind us into a unit.


Init: +11, Perception: +18, AC: 24, HP: 68/68, Saves: 9/13/6

I say we RP one night camping to get to know each other and then skip ahead. What does everyone else say? Beohawk can set up camp for us and we can fireside chat?


Male Human Monk 1 (Wanderer)

Would have rather gone with the rented room etc. but can do. I would have thought we'd be at risk of random encounters as the land is so dangerous right now, but i'm easy.


Init: +11, Perception: +18, AC: 24, HP: 68/68, Saves: 9/13/6

I'm good with straight to the Tavern and rented room idea :)


Talmanes al'Vence wrote:
Would have rather gone with the rented room etc. but can do. I would have thought we'd be at risk of random encounters as the land is so dangerous right now, but i'm easy.

you are, but I assumed you wouldn't want to rp every night on the ride there. Ill get you guys to a camp, let you rp for a bit then do the rest of the trip. .

After almost 20 hours of solid riding you make it to a fairly sheltered camp site, after making a fire and eating your rations, you find you have several hours to sit down and get to know your companions.


M Human Ranger 4 (Urban)/ (Per: +8/10 Init:+5 HP 41/41 AC: 21/15/17 F: +5 R: +9 W: +2)

The ranger attempts to find a camp that is both sheltered and defensible.

This spot will do. I have not seen much on the trail today that worried me, and we are still far out of Fourwinds, so I think we can risk a fire.[b] Beohawk goes about setting up a camp, making sure there is firwood for the night, a cooking fire, a place for the horses, etc.

He finally settles in by the fire and produces a wineskin that he takes a long draw from and offers it to Porter. [b]Not a bad vintage, if still a might green. Should have rested in the barrel a year more I think.


M Human Ranger 4 (Urban)/ (Per: +8/10 Init:+5 HP 41/41 AC: 21/15/17 F: +5 R: +9 W: +2)

The ranger attempts to find a camp that is both sheltered and defensible.

This spot will do. I have not seen much on the trail today that worried me, and we are still far out of Fourwinds, so I think we can risk a fire.[b] Beohawk goes about setting up a camp, making sure there is firewood for the night, a cooking fire, a place for the horses, etc.

He finally settles in by the fire and produces a wineskin that he takes a long draw from and offers it to Porter. [b]Not a bad vintage, if still a might green. Should have rested in the barrel a year more I think.


Init: +11, Perception: +18, AC: 24, HP: 68/68, Saves: 9/13/6

Nicolae sets up his gear a little further from the fire than the rest. He appears to be at home in the darkness of night and his shape is hard to distinguish from the shadows cast by the fire light.

As he looks around, Nicolae notices that the clouds are thick and very few stars are visible. Old Blackfinger has veiled us in his cloak tonight.


Male Human Magus / 4
Nicolae Vintila wrote:

Will we travel in game or just get there? How long will it take? We only have two weeks. I think our plan is to find an Inn/Tavern to hold up in until it is time to meet.

Beohawk...Could you scout out ahead while we travel? I will cover the rear of the group. Talmanes and Potts...I am guessing you two are able hand to hand fighters? Does anyone besides the Ulfen have ranged skill?

Nicolae begins double checking his gear and retightening the straps on his saddle bags.

Let's go kill this bastard.

"I have both magic and darts which can strike from a distance". "I am deadly both close, and from a distance".


Male Human Magus / 4
Beohawk wrote:

The ranger attempts to find a camp that is both sheltered and defensible.

This spot will do. I have not seen much on the trail today that worried me, and we are still far out of Fourwinds, so I think we can risk a fire.[b] Beohawk goes about setting up a camp, making sure there is firewood for the night, a cooking fire, a place for the horses, etc.

He finally settles in by the fire and produces a wineskin that he takes a long draw from and offers it to Porter. [b]Not a bad vintage, if still a might green. Should have rested in the barrel a year more I think.

"Thank you for sharing your fire, and your wine". "I am from the tribes in the hills of Varisia". "Many considered it taboo that I was able to wield magic, and fight at the same time, so I found it easier to leave for different places". "I have found however that intolerance and bigotry are not limited to the Shoanti". "Your gestures of friendship are noticed and appreciated".

The Lithe warrior then takes out a whetstone, and proceeds to sharpen any nicks in his spear's already sharp edge...the sparks from the sharpening lighting up the night.

"Perhaps we should set up a schedule of watch". "I need some time either before dawn, or now to study my magical etchings".


Male Human Monk 1 (Wanderer)

Talmanes listened to the others' claims of prowess, not distancing himself like Nicolae but not engaging much on the road itself. Around the fire, when it came to be his turn to detail his skills he slowly spoke.

In my youth, I was trained in a monastery for quite some time. Learnt some interesting techniques, both physical and mental; meditation, endurance, unarmed combat and the like. I eventually found that I lacked the correct temperament and discipline for the life and became a mercenary. I've developed something of a unique fighting style... i'm sure you've noticed the various empty scabbards I wear. Suffice to say, i'm a decent swordsman and a fair shot with this hefty longbow of mine. No magical skill to speak of, but i've been doing this a long time now and i'm well-read. I know plenty of useful lore about threats we will face, mundane or magical.

He stared into the fire for a little while before continuing.

I can take watch.


M Human Ranger 4 (Urban)/ (Per: +8/10 Init:+5 HP 41/41 AC: 21/15/17 F: +5 R: +9 W: +2)

As Talmanes talks Beohawk nods approvingly. It is strong to know oneself. he comments to Talmanes' story. Taking the wineskin back from Porter he passes to Talmanes. I think I am glad that both of you will fight on my side in this conflict.

He stares into the fire for a moment before adding. As for me, I am a scout and hunter. And I know the ways of the North. But that was not too useful here in the south so I have learned about your cities. I can ride, and scout, and track, and am a strong swimmer. I am good at removing obstacles and can often find a trap or open a lock. And I am a decent shot with a bow. I have this sword, He indicates the greatsword over his shoulder, But I prefer not to close in combat as I know I am not strong in close quarters. And I can use some knowledge of healing and even access to limited healing magics if I have access to a wand or time to prepare. Not much mind you, but I can close a wound given a day or so. He pauses for a moment, lost in the fire and some old memory.

When he continues he asks quietly I would know why each of you have chosen this path. Why do you choose to fight? If you will tell me your reasons, I will share mine as well, even though I suspect some of you will call me foolish. As he says this he subconsciously touches the brand on his cheek.

As if snapping out of a spell he suddenly announces, in a voice too loud for the close quarters I will watch second.


Male Human Monk 1 (Wanderer)

Gotta watch that double posting Beohawk.

The seasoned Talmanes was reluctant to give his reasons to almost total strangers. He repeated the four words he had said to the steward in response to the direct question and listened to the rest wordlessly-

Titles. Land. Wealth. Influence.


M Human Ranger 4 (Urban)/ (Per: +8/10 Init:+5 HP 41/41 AC: 21/15/17 F: +5 R: +9 W: +2)

Not sure why its posting my previews, but that is the second time its done that. Was able to delete the extra one this time.

The ranger looks momentarily disappointed, but nods. The offer is generous. For some this is enough.


Male Human Magus / 4

"Frankly"..."I have nothing better to do". "No cause"..."I am not welcome in my tribe". "So why not strive for the finer things in life". "Nobody will miss me if I am killed". "If you're going to be miserable, you might as well be rich and miserable".


You realise it's getting late, and it'd be a good idea to settle down for the night if you're going to be travelling all day tomorrow. As you all start going to sleep, Talmanes remains where he was sat, looking alert.

A perception check from everyone if you would, the order goes Talmanes, Beohawk and although you didn't specify I'll assume it goes Nicholae then Porter, unless you guys have issue and want to switch then I'll do it as that order for rolling.


Male Human Magus / 4

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16 Perception


Init: +11, Perception: +18, AC: 24, HP: 68/68, Saves: 9/13/6

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Here is mine for when it is needed.


M Human Ranger 4 (Urban)/ (Per: +8/10 Init:+5 HP 41/41 AC: 21/15/17 F: +5 R: +9 W: +2)

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15


Male Human Monk 1 (Wanderer)

For future reference I have no objection to passive checks such as Perception being rolled on my behalf. When it comes to combat, better to roll everyone's initiative too.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17


Ok, if everyone's fine with that I'll do that in future.

The night passes without incident, clearly you chose your campsite well as your fire attracted no attention, animal or otherwise.

Random encounter time 1d100 ⇒ 91 a high one, didn't think you guys would get this one so soon.

From quite far off you see someone standing on the path in front of you, he has made no effort to hide from you, and is clearly standing there as if he expects you. From this distance you can tell he is very young, probably no older than 16. He is wearing green clothes which would blend very well with the trees on either side of the path. He looks at you, holding his hands up to show he is holding no weapon.


Init: +11, Perception: +18, AC: 24, HP: 68/68, Saves: 9/13/6

I am fine with you rolling perception and initiative for us when applicable.

From a far off, Nicolae hails the young man. Good Morning stranger. How can we be of assistance?

Waiting for the answer, Nicolae scans the trees and other surroundings for others hiding.


Nicolae:
Perception roll:
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
No matter how hard you stare, all you can see are leaves and branches


Init: +11, Perception: +18, AC: 24, HP: 68/68, Saves: 9/13/6

Does the young man ignore my comment?


Waiting for everyone else's responses, they might not want to stand there and let you do all the talking.

1 to 50 of 295 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Awakening Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.