Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion

The Avalon Chronicles

Game Master lynora

This is a high level rules light game set in a school for magical kids, kinda a mash-up of Soul Eater, Harry Potter, and X-Men. :)


72,601 to 72,650 of 72,650 << first < prev | 1443 | 1444 | 1445 | 1446 | 1447 | 1448 | 1449 | 1450 | 1451 | 1452 | 1453 | next > last >>

Jeran Darkclaw wrote:
"I think we're going to have to tunnel our way out. I'm not sure the school is in any shape to help us after what just happened."

Vare takes a deep breath through the re-breather, almost collapsing with relief as the daemon. While it seemed very unlikely that their enemy fled because he feared defeat, Vare doesn't want to consider other options right at this moment. He just wanted to be thankful that they had somehow all survived the encounter. For now, anyway.

And then David casually leaves the highly-warded area and that's just a little too much for Vare's nerves right at that moment, and the wizard abandons all pretense of decorum and sits down hard on the ground. The remainder of the summoned creatures simply watch, given no direction from their summoner.

After a moment's breakdown, Vare looks up at Jeran. "Are you alright? "


Female "Voidwalker" with 16 Abberation HD
Vickory West wrote:
Vickory turns to girl, "Crazy things happen around here. Very rude things too, but no one will hurt you here. The doors and walls are more likely to be hurt as you can see, but not people."

she pauses a moment, but doesn't get any closer. This is just.p a bit too much for her, it seems.


Reapling (scout form) rogue, black blooded oracle, gestalt lvl 16

"The man inside is the headm*##&:;:-/; %&... #"@&"

Vickory digs out the wand and recasts tongues on herself again.

"He is the headmaster. He can help you, whether you stay here or go somewhere else. I don't know much about this plane, but he does. Of course, I think she was in line first." Vickory gestures to Jessa in that last part.


Female "Voidwalker" with 16 Abberation HD

the woman nods, but doesn't really get closer.
"I'll... Gladly wait until things calm a bit."


Mech Bay, Destroyed

The illuminating from Jeran's tattoo seems to outshine the Positive Elemental's glow, and mingle or blend into the Holy Aura that still fills the area.

As if casually walking a short stroll, and filling the room further with the majesty of Goodness and obvious Law. For Jeran, the recognition is instant, for Vare, depending on his study of Heavenly Host and their scripture or similar, walks into the destroyed Mech Bay and stands close to the pair and their summoned army.

Muraleniel:

Muraleniel, without a doubt, is a Celestial. Most likely an Deva, or Angel, with raven black wings neatly tucked behind it's back. Whether or not it's a male or female isn't immediately clear, the shimmering armor of silver metal with hints of reddish veins, and runes etched into it, two handed maul of some sort adhered to it's back in some fashion is made similar in craftsmanship to the armor, all of which screams magical and power.

Perhaps taking a moment for dramatic effect, or perhaps for surveying the room's state, Muraleniel looks slightly down and off to the side, with the faintest pained expression on it's features.

Looking up from the glance off, it peers at Jeran's face and says, "Jeran Darkclaw. Hero. I greet you. It pleases me to see that you yet continue to exist as you are after battle with destruction. My apologies for allowing that to slip my confines. The one that assisted it in being released will be punished. I seek to contain it as quickly as possible. I can only presume that you have no sense of where it tread?" Muraleniel looks about the room briefly again, then back towards the pair.

It turns to regard Vare for a moment and gives a light bow of respect, "Well met, Wizard. Your study of the Arcane is acknowledged and welcomed."

Air and such is starting to fill the area, seemingly being generated merely by the existence of this being within the room. The walls seem to also be restoring, much like acid or burnt flesh would be regenerating via magics, giving the room a further sense of wholeness, where before it had rudely been robbed of essence.


Image
Illithia wrote:
Keme Tokala wrote:
"I'm Keme. Thanks for the help with the cart. I, uh.....haven't had much chance to interact with many of the other students during my time here. Are you new? Or did I just never run into you before?"

"Oh, I've been here a while." she says, idly waving a hand as the starts at a trot so that Keme doesn't have to shorten his strides for her sake. "Like, a year and some change maybe. School's pretty big though, and getting bigger all the time, so it's no surprise we missed each other."

"So is bein' foxy your only power?" Illithia asks in a vaguely flirty way, though something tells Keme that it's probably just her MO.

They're making pretty good progress towards the dorms and will be there in short order.

Keme shrugged. He wasn't really comfortable with the flirty attitude from a halfling, but he didn't really have any idea how to say so without being offensive. Besides, he certainly had no right to be telling anyone that they seemed like a child to him. Without Hope's interference, he would still be basically a toddler. Making him grow up too fast (literally) was just one of the many ways she had kept him isolated.

"I'm a kitsune with five tails. That means I have a fair amount of magic I can use. But mostly I just find information. No amount of magic can make up for a lack of knowledge and intelligence. If you do it right, you hardly ever need magic at all. That's...why I left home. They always wanted me to solve their problems for them. And it was usually things they could do themselves if they just thought about it. It was bad for them and bad for me."

"What about you? What brought you to Avalon?"


Image

Jeran was about to answer Vare's question when the angel showed up. He was glad to see the way the school was starting to heal though. He felt guilty for causing it pain. I mean, there wasn't exactly proof that it was sentient, but he thought so.

"Uh, no, sir, we don't know where it went. We tried to keep it confined, but we had to release it in order to save the people here."


Female {REDACTED} {REDACTED}
yet nameless. wrote:

the woman nods, but doesn't really get closer.

"I'll... Gladly wait until things calm a bit."

With a small curtsy, Jessa moves toward the now open door, pausing just across the threshold.


Female Idyllkin Ninja 3/Marksman (Shroud) 3
Sun_Wukong wrote:

Sun puts a hand on her shoulder and smiles assuredly Lang does trust you. more than you probably know. and he hopes you have the same trust in him.

as for the demo, if you are not comfortable, then we will not mention it any further.

Midori smiles a bit shyly at that, and nods. "Maybe Grim-kun could do one instead? He likes to show-off, ne?"


Male Firebird Monk (Master of Many Styles, Martial Artist) 16 // Firebender 8/Earthbender 8
David.De'Foul wrote:
"I'm Dave, and... I'm not going to touch her..."

It only takes Ardiente a moment to snap out of his funk when David teleports into the room, and was about to place himself directly between David and Raelle when the Professor calmly cut David off. Which is when Ardiente noticed the crestfallen look on his former rival's face.

"It's okay, David, I'll come." Ardiente says to the David quietly, then with a look to Tamina. "I don't think I need to ask, but look after her for me, will you? I have to go help, if I can."


Female Firebird
Lucas Svarog wrote:
Lily Svarog wrote:


::You are forgiven! But now you've seen that I'm completely fine and absolutely nothing is wrong!:: Even without the slight hysteria Lucas is feeling through the link, that would be a pretty obvious lie as even Lily's flying seems hap-hazard and a bit manic, which is not a particularly safe way to be flying.

::you don't sound "completely fine", don't lie to me sister dear, I know you, I've lived with you all your life, What. Is. Wrong.::

::I can't tell you! I can't tell you, so drop it! I need time alone to think!:: she replies, wheeling around and banking upwards, flapping her wings hard for alititude.


Female Halfling Teenager
Keme Tokala wrote:

Keme shrugged. He wasn't really comfortable with the flirty attitude from a halfling, but he didn't really have any idea how to say so without being offensive. Besides, he certainly had no right to be telling anyone that they seemed like a child to him. Without Hope's interference, he would still be basically a toddler. Making him grow up too fast (literally) was just one of the many ways she had kept him isolated.

"I'm a kitsune with five tails. That means I have a fair amount of magic I can use. But mostly I just find information. No amount of magic can make up for a lack of knowledge and intelligence. If you do it right, you hardly ever need magic at all. That's...why I left home. They always wanted me to solve their problems for them. And it was usually things they could do themselves if they just thought about it. It was bad for them and bad for me."

"What about you? What brought you to Avalon?"

"Oh you know, like, the usual. Magical powers awoke at the wrong time kinda dealie." Illithia says in an attempt to stick to her casual demeanor, though there's a slight quiver in her voice and a small but noticeable shift in the pigment of her tattoos.

The crack in the facade is momentary though, and she's back to being bubbly. "But anyways, you forget that magic is fun. Doesn't have to be a super duper serious thing. But I can probably thank Avalon for that mentality. At least nobody ever tried to make me fix-- oh hey, my room is actually where I left it this morning, that's a first."

Illithia steps up to the door and pauses with her hand on the knob. There's a brief flash of brilliant pink across her. She spins and holds up a finger. "One sec!"

With a rapid opening and shutting of the door, the halfling disappears into the room. There's about a minute of intense shuffling, slamming, and general re-arranging.

When the door opens again, there Illy stands with a somewhat sheepish look on her face. The room still looks pretty messy, clothing all over the floor, with papers and scrolls scattered all over the desk, so it's hard to imagine what it was like before. "Hey, solike, come on in. Sorry 'bout that."


Damiani wrote:

Mech Bay, Destroyed

The illuminating from Jeran's tattoo seems to outshine the Positive Elemental's glow, and mingle or blend into the Holy Aura that still fills the area.

As if casually walking a short stroll, and filling the room further with the majesty of Goodness and obvious Law. For Jeran, the recognition is instant, for Vare, depending on his study of Heavenly Host and their scripture or similar, walks into the destroyed Mech Bay and stands close to the pair and their summoned army.

** spoiler omitted **

Perhaps taking a moment for dramatic effect, or perhaps for surveying the room's state, Muraleniel looks slightly down and off to the side, with the faintest pained expression on it's features.

Looking up from the glance off, it peers at Jeran's face and says, "Jeran Darkclaw. Hero. I greet you. It pleases me to see that you yet continue to exist as you are after battle with destruction. My apologies for allowing that to slip my confines. The one that assisted it in being released will be punished. I seek to contain it as quickly as possible. I can only presume that you have no sense of where it tread?" Muraleniel looks about the room briefly again, then back towards the pair.

It turns to regard Vare for a moment and gives a light bow of respect, "Well met, Wizard. Your study of the Arcane is acknowledged and welcomed."

Air and such is starting to fill the area, seemingly being generated merely by the existence of this being within the room. The walls seem to also be restoring, much like acid or burnt flesh would be...

Vare sits gaping for a very long moment at the being in front of him. When the angel speaks directly to him, Vare simply looks stunned. It takes him a good fifteen seconds before he scrambles back to his feet and bows to the figure. "Many thanks, High Forger."

The reverence in his voice is clear and palpable at this most holy of creatures before him, though the mage is clearly a little overwhelmed.


Male Peri blooded aasimar with the diamond template sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.

"Right.. Yeah" he seems to have to take some significant effort to tear his gaze away from the injured girl "right, they're in the mech hanger, I'll take you to them" he says briskly walking in the direction of the trapped student and teacher


Image Alternate Image - all dressed up.
Ardiente wrote:
David.De'Foul wrote:
"I'm Dave, and... I'm not going to touch her..."

It only takes Ardiente a moment to snap out of his funk when David teleports into the room, and was about to place himself directly between David and Raelle when the Professor calmly cut David off. Which is when Ardiente noticed the crestfallen look on his former rival's face.

"It's okay, David, I'll come." Ardiente says to the David quietly, then with a look to Tamina. "I don't think I need to ask, but look after her for me, will you? I have to go help, if I can."

"Of course. She's my friend. I will stay with her to make sure that there is a familiar face here when she wakes up," she said, trying to be reassuring.


Image
Illithia wrote:
Keme Tokala wrote:

Keme shrugged. He wasn't really comfortable with the flirty attitude from a halfling, but he didn't really have any idea how to say so without being offensive. Besides, he certainly had no right to be telling anyone that they seemed like a child to him. Without Hope's interference, he would still be basically a toddler. Making him grow up too fast (literally) was just one of the many ways she had kept him isolated.

"I'm a kitsune with five tails. That means I have a fair amount of magic I can use. But mostly I just find information. No amount of magic can make up for a lack of knowledge and intelligence. If you do it right, you hardly ever need magic at all. That's...why I left home. They always wanted me to solve their problems for them. And it was usually things they could do themselves if they just thought about it. It was bad for them and bad for me."

"What about you? What brought you to Avalon?"

"Oh you know, like, the usual. Magical powers awoke at the wrong time kinda dealie." Illithia says in an attempt to stick to her casual demeanor, though there's a slight quiver in her voice and a small but noticeable shift in the pigment of her tattoos.

The crack in the facade is momentary though, and she's back to being bubbly. "But anyways, you forget that magic is fun. Doesn't have to be a super duper serious thing. But I can probably thank Avalon for that mentality. At least nobody ever tried to make me fix-- oh hey, my room is actually where I left it this morning, that's a first."

Illithia steps up to the door and pauses with her hand on the knob. There's a brief flash of brilliant pink across her. She spins and holds up a finger. "One sec!"

With a rapid opening and shutting of the door, the halfling disappears into the room. There's about a minute of intense shuffling, slamming, and general re-arranging.

When the door opens again, there Illy stands with a somewhat sheepish look on her...

"Heh. And here I thought my room was messy. Obviously I didn't fully understand what the word meant. I bow to your greater mastery of the untidy arts," he said giving her a mock bow.


Mech Bay, Partially Restored

With the air filling the room now, and a decent supply for those without any means to breath restored, the Mech Bay retains it's warped and twisted shape, scars and physical damage.

On a pure 'spiritual' and base level, however, the combined presence and summoned creature's effects have had a strong impact on the Mech Bay.

Turning now to regard Jeran again, the being says, "Well, in order to maintain our positions as appointed Generals, Jeran Darkclaw, I should away least some term in the contracts of this conflict be presented that causes even further delays to it's closure. I would remind you again of my offer-- best in my hands then the alternative. As for this creature that fled, I will return to seeking it out. There is an disturbance currently in reality that supports it's presence, but we must ensure that reality does not wish to undo itself when possible. That is the mark of Goodness. Consider this dwelling under watch, if it decides to act against, or seek to move here again, I shall be swifter in response. Your second pled for your case and is recuperating from life threatening injuries sustained."

Taking a moment, looking at both, blank and expressionless features, it asks, "Anything further before I withdraw? I fear my interactions with mortals is rare and my lack of practice in the interaction is showing. Your rescuers are not far away now." A hand gesture towards the previous 'hallway' out.

There's that erie silence in the air, mostly from the lack of an 'active' room as it was just a few minutes prior upon Jeran's landing of the Mech, but at this time, only the after affects of destruction and potential death-- plus spiritual violence, remains. Similar to a graveyard.


male human monk 16

re-post for Sara

Lang Fei wrote:

After a few more minutes of meditation, the scene around Lang and Sara changes to a lush forest, with all sorts of odd creatures floating about.

Lang opens his eyes, ok Sara, we are here. do you feel any different? is there a spirit that you believe is contacting you? he asks her.

Lang seems excited to learn more of his new little sister's abilities. hoping that he can guide her as she discovers new things. and hopefully he will learn more about this world as well along the way.


Male Elven (reincarnated - originally Human) Fighter 5 / Wizard 10 / Arcane Gunslinger 10 / Arcane Gunmaster 5
Repp, the Bleached wrote:
Repp leans back again, nonchalant in his attitude. "I needed a place that would challenge me, and I enjoy meeting new people. It seemed like a natural place to be. Though, I think I probably should've seen if there were any openings for teaching instead."

"With no 'out of control' abilities you need to get a handle on, that would've been a slightly better direction to pursue. I'm surprised the Headmaster didn't suggest it at your entrance interview. Hm."


Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^)
GM Fireclaw wrote:

None of Fei's considerable senses or instincts tell him that there is any illusory magic or deception present, and so he approaches and begins examining her condition.

There's massive damage to her chest and abdomen, and major breaks in several of her limbs, including a pair compound fractures in an arm and a wing. Massive internal bleeding as well as likely a concussion and a host of other injuries that should be fatal.

Were it not for the fact that she slowly seems to be healing, knitting herself back together, Fei would say that she had mere moments to live. Instead, as it stands, there appears to be some sort of regeneration or fast healing magic in play. She'll probably be conscious again in a few minutes at this rate.

The fragile peace Fei managed to make with himself after seeing this Vai's face is lost the instant he realizes she will revive in mere moments.

To fell her in battle - as terrible a thing as that was to do - was still a matter of defending himself and the people still here. In that context, doing so still had a 'justness' to it. But to extinguish the life of a helpless foe...that was murder. Yet if he did nothing, she would rise and continue to be a threat...or worse, flee and take the knowledge of this encounter with her.

The floor heaves as the young monk loses his bid for control over the energies roiling inside of him. Every alarm in the nanosuit is going off, warning of a kinetic event that will destroy everything nearby...and everyone.

Knowing Fei's directives for being here, and knowing why he fought this opponent, the Lace seizes on the only option left to it that will save the most lives here. Rapidly sending signals throughout it's own neural network, it starts altering the young monk's brain chemistry, sending his dopamine levels crashing to a near-critical low. It essentially forces an artificial version of the mental stillness Fei normally achieves through his (normally) constant waking meditative state.

As it does so, the tremors drop away. Fei's emotions also fade as the Lace's action takes effect. A few seconds later, the room is utterly still, as is its sole conscious occupant...


Observation: Alternate-universe Vai is a threat to this reality by merely being here and alive;

Deduction: If allowed to live, this Vai will create further instability to this reality, and threaten multiple lives (which is against directives);

Conclusion: Based on directives, the only successful course of action is to terminate this Vai's life and return her to her universe of origin.


Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^)

In a smooth, almost mechanical motion, Fei places his hands around Vai's neck. With his left hand, he attempts to absorb all of the magical energies that are healing her wounds. With his right hand, he does something that his emotional mind could not do here. He absorbs every bit of energy in Vai's body. Down to the cellular level, all heat and all motion within her body simply...ceases.

The left hand is trying to absorb the ongoing spell-like effect that is healing her wounds. If that does not work...

The right hand is invoking:

Absolute Zero:
Absolute Zero is an ability that draws all of the kinetic energy from a target.

In the case of a living target, it ceases all movement for 1 round. This acts as having the stunned condition, but all of the creature's life-sustaining functions that rely on motion (i.e. heartbeat, breathing, even cellular motion) are stopped as well. A living target must immediately make a DC 43 Fortitude save or die from the shock of their vital systems essentially being turned 'off'.

Absolute Zero can be attempted once per day.

If that does not work either... :(


Male Humanoid

Isolab X

Tryko'Sam wrote:
Tryko'Sam continues to explore Rena, while adding nothing else to the situation. The scans don't really provide much else at their current settings. He seems quite content to keep doing this, oblivious to whatever has been said.

After a while of 'engaging' with Rena, and not really making any sort of progress, (so to speak), Tryko'Sam eventually seems to get bored/curious of his surroundings.

He'll attempt to move away from Rena, and explore the confines of the Isolab's borders. Depending on whether or not she restrains him, and how, is key.


Image
Damiani wrote:

Mech Bay, Partially Restored

With the air filling the room now, and a decent supply for those without any means to breath restored, the Mech Bay retains it's warped and twisted shape, scars and physical damage.

On a pure 'spiritual' and base level, however, the combined presence and summoned creature's effects have had a strong impact on the Mech Bay.

Turning now to regard Jeran again, the being says, "Well, in order to maintain our positions as appointed Generals, Jeran Darkclaw, I should away least some term in the contracts of this conflict be presented that causes even further delays to it's closure. I would remind you again of my offer-- best in my hands then the alternative. As for this creature that fled, I will return to seeking it out. There is an disturbance currently in reality that supports it's presence, but we must ensure that reality does not wish to undo itself when possible. That is the mark of Goodness. Consider this dwelling under watch, if it decides to act against, or seek to move here again, I shall be swifter in response. Your second pled for your case and is recuperating from life threatening injuries sustained."

Taking a moment, looking at both, blank and expressionless features, it asks, "Anything further before I withdraw? I fear my interactions with mortals is rare and my lack of practice in the interaction is showing. Your rescuers are not far away now." A hand gesture towards the previous 'hallway' out.

There's that erie silence in the air, mostly from the lack of an 'active' room as it was just a few minutes prior upon Jeran's landing of the Mech, but at this time, only the after affects of destruction and potential death-- plus spiritual violence, remains. Similar to a graveyard.

Jeran was worried now as his suspicions of how he had survived the demon's attack was confirmed. He hoped that the angel who helped him hadn't taken any lasting damage.

He bowed respectfully to the opposing general. "Thank you," he said simply, attempting to express gratitude for the help without conceding anything else. No matter how much he liked or respected this being, he would not change his course now. He had meant every word he said about mortals not being toys. It didn't matter if the master was benevolent. There shouldn't be a master at all. It was important that they made their own choices. Otherwise none of it mattered.


Image

He shuddered as he stoodlooking out over the walls. Something had gone very wrong just now. He could still feel the wrongness in the walls themselves. He sighed. This was going to hurt.

Bradley slid off the ladder as he attempted to climb down and woke up in the infirmary.

Meanwhile, the school and its wards get an extra added boost to their healing.


Male Human (presumably) Psion 16 Metamind 10 / Wilder 16 Elocator 10

With Dave's departure, Nix bends back to his patient. Examining her hypercognition closely, and trying to to understand this other psychic signature, he evaluates the effect of simply placing the girl into a null-psi field.


Image Alternate Image Yet another alternate image this one showing at least a tattoo
Professor Nix wrote:
With Dave's departure, Nix bends back to his patient. Examining her hypercognition closely, and trying to to understand this other psychic signature, he evaluates the effect of simply placing the girl into a null-psi field.

This seems to achieve the desired effect as the symbol on her neck finally stops glowing red and fades to its usual black as the null-psi field forces it to switch off. It does not seem to have any effect whatsoever on whatever this other thing was. It was...slippery. It seemed like nothing at all, but there was definitely something not normal there.

Raelle's eyelids fluttered and she groaned, bringing a hand over her eyes as she regained consciousness.
"Gods! My head feels like it's going to explode! What happened?"


Kevin Ramos wrote:

Kevin leans over the speaker, placing a hand on either side of it, just to make sure he heard him right.

"I... You... Don't talk like that... I'm going now. Don't give up. They'll get you out. I don't give a damn what the thing is. We can beat it. Don't give up. You have to live and show me your dumb robot. Just... keep going."

Heartfelt speech aside, Kevin grabs up his ooze and runs to the door.

"I've done all I can. Get him to the infirmary. The can probably help you. I don't know what else to do for him. I have to go."

He runs out of the room, barely able to finish his words, the only thing keeping there to finish the slow speed at which the door slides open. He slips through it as soon as he could fit sideways.

Entering the small decontamination chamber, it starts a cleaning cycle as a normal precaution.

"I don't have time for this!"

He drops the guise of half-elf-ity used to put Tryko'Sam at ease, and pries the door open with the ease a person pries open a book. Once put in the hall, he leans down close to the floor, and focuses intently. A moment passes as all of him shifts and realigns. Everything on him sleeks down, and he becomes almost pointed looking. Then in an instant, he sets off at almost impossible speeds. Despite the school's ability to rearrange itself, the headmaster couldn't really be in a sub basement, but with his new powers, getting there as if it was next door won't be a problem.

160 base speed. Full on sprint. Currently clocking in at 72.7 MPH. Should get him there rather quickly.

When he arrives at the Headmaster's door after blowing past several people also trying to get there in his hurry, he can't be bothered to stop and open in. Instead, he hits it and goes over, around, under, and through it, at first seeming like he would just go through the cracks, but the speed at which he hits it sends it tumbling open and over, knocking a hole in the wall where the knob housed and on of the hinges loose.

"Sir, I'm sorry, I'll fix that, but this is...

Moments after Kevin finished speaking as the line outside the Headmaster's door was starting to pile up, the Headmaster winced and the lights in his office flickered briefly.

"Thank you for warning me, Kevin. The situation seems to have resolved itself for the moment, but I have...a great deal of work to do."
He stood up and gently guided Kevin to the door. "I'm sorry I don't have time to explain, but damage to the wards is something that requires my full attention. Ah. Yes, there seems to be a line. Well, any of you who wish to enroll can please go and see the secretary. It's that door right over there. He can help you with all the paperwork. And answer any questions you might have. I'm afraid I will be unavailable for some time," he said, trying to close the door, but the self-mending properties of the school hadn't come back online yet.
"Right. Well, let's just pretend that this is still a door," he finished, propping it closed-ish with a chair, leaving everyone out in the hall.


Female {REDACTED} {REDACTED}

Jessa just stares at the broken-yet-closed door for a few moments. Then she shrugs and turns to the indicated door for the Headmaster's secretary, muttering under her breath as she knocks smartly on the door, "If this is normal for this place, I think I am going to have a lot of fun here."


male goo dragon alchemist 16(spellhammer) / synthesist 16

"I-uh-I-but-he-they-then."

Kevin is ushered out of the door stammering.

The door gets "shut" behind him as he stares at the opposite wall for a moment.

"............................................................What?..."

He turns to face the people he had cut off.

"I'm... I'm really sorry. I was told there was a world ending emergency going on. I'm really sorry I cut you guys off..."

He would probably be blushing if he had real blood.

As he talks he draws a bottle from his jacket and pours it onto the door frame. A silvery gel diffuses over the door frame, and in a moment the hinges are back on and the door is repaired.


Reapling (scout form) rogue, black blooded oracle, gestalt lvl 16

Vickory translates what the headmaster said and gestures for the girl to follow to the sectretary's office. Hearing Jessa, "This place seems like a nexus of strangeness. I was wrapped up in a mission to a cult stronghold earlier this morning by a student. Makes me curious what the teachers get up to. I am Vickory by the way, Vickory West of Dragon Clan."


Female "Voidwalker" with 16 Abberation HD

the woman tilts her head a bit to the side, and heads off to the secretary's office, rather baffled.


Male Human (presumably) Psion 16 Metamind 10 / Wilder 16 Elocator 10
Raelle del Sol wrote:

This seems to achieve the desired effect as the symbol on her neck finally stops glowing red and fades to its usual black as the null-psi field forces it to switch off. It does not seem to have any effect whatsoever on whatever this other thing was. It was...slippery. It seemed like nothing at all, but there was definitely something not normal there.

Raelle's eyelids fluttered and she groaned, bringing a hand over her eyes as she regained consciousness.
"Gods! My head feels like it's going to explode! What happened?"

Professor Nix smiles as he places a calming hand on Raelle's shoulder, his voice newly familiar to her, "Easy, now. You are in the infirmary. You pushed your power too hard and passed out from the effort. You are safe, and your psychic ability will not work here for now. Somehow the power you used got locked on and was preventing you from recovering. If you give it time, the headache will pass. If you promise not to leave, I will have something brought to ease the pain."


Female {REDACTED} {REDACTED}
Vickory West wrote:
Vickory translates what the headmaster said and gestures for the girl to follow to the sectretary's office. Hearing Jessa, "This place seems like a nexus of strangeness. I was wrapped up in a mission to a cult stronghold earlier this morning by a student. Makes me curious what the teachers get up to. I am Vickory by the way, Vickory West of Dragon Clan."

Jessa steps aside, her manner suddenly shy and hesitant, seeming perhaps a bit younger than her 14 years, "Hi. I .. I'm Jessa. I don't have a .. clan. This has to be the weirdest school I have ever seen."


Female {REDACTED} {REDACTED}
Kevin Ramos wrote:

"I-uh-I-but-he-they-then."

Kevin is ushered out of the door stammering.

The door gets "shut" behind him as he stares at the opposite wall for a moment.

"............................................................What?..."

He turns to face the people he had cut off.

"I'm... I'm really sorry. I was told there was a world ending emergency going on. I'm really sorry I cut you guys off..."

He would probably be blushing if he had real blood.

As he talks he draws a bottle from his jacket and pours it onto the door frame. A silvery gel diffuses over the door frame, and in a moment the hinges are back on and the door is repaired.

Jessa cringes back from Kevin, not responding to him, her body language saying she simply hoped that he will leave her alone and go away.


Mech Bay, Partially Destroyed

Glancing between the two, the Angelic being smiles quite faintly and gives the lightest nods of it's head.

"Very well, I shall continue with my course. Beware a prize you may know nothing of, hidden dangers are converging all around. The nature of this particular place and it's origins, perhaps."

That said, it takes a step back, massive raven color wings span out and stretch once, as reality seems to form a tunnel for it's departure, walking off in silence elsewhere where it came.

-----

After that instant of 'walking off' the Mech Hall is still in the state of partially destroyed, a black lump of inactivity, though there's breath able air for the duration-- should last an hour if not more with the two in it.

Something snaps off and falls with a metallic clunk in the far depths.


Reapling (scout form) rogue, black blooded oracle, gestalt lvl 16

Sorry Kevin, missed that you were also at the headmasters.

Vickory doesn't say anything to Kevin beyond introducing herhelf, which was addressed to him as well. She seems curious yet wary of him.


Image Alternate Image Yet another alternate image this one showing at least a tattoo
Professor Nix wrote:
Raelle del Sol wrote:

This seems to achieve the desired effect as the symbol on her neck finally stops glowing red and fades to its usual black as the null-psi field forces it to switch off. It does not seem to have any effect whatsoever on whatever this other thing was. It was...slippery. It seemed like nothing at all, but there was definitely something not normal there.

Raelle's eyelids fluttered and she groaned, bringing a hand over her eyes as she regained consciousness.
"Gods! My head feels like it's going to explode! What happened?"

Professor Nix smiles as he places a calming hand on Raelle's shoulder, his voice newly familiar to her, "Easy, now. You are in the infirmary. You pushed your power too hard and passed out from the effort. You are safe, and your psychic ability will not work here for now. Somehow the power you used got locked on and was preventing you from recovering. If you give it time, the headache will pass. If you promise not to leave, I will have something brought to ease the pain."

"Yeah, sure no problem," she quickly agreed. "Not like I'd get far. I can't keep my eyes open, my head hurts so bad. Apparenlty mapping the mathematical equations of a rift between universes has side effects. Go figure. And I have no idea how to use or stop using my powers. They just sort of switch on and off by themselves. They only started last week."


Image Alternate Image - all dressed up.
Raelle del Sol wrote:
Professor Nix wrote:
Raelle del Sol wrote:

This seems to achieve the desired effect as the symbol on her neck finally stops glowing red and fades to its usual black as the null-psi field forces it to switch off. It does not seem to have any effect whatsoever on whatever this other thing was. It was...slippery. It seemed like nothing at all, but there was definitely something not normal there.

Raelle's eyelids fluttered and she groaned, bringing a hand over her eyes as she regained consciousness.
"Gods! My head feels like it's going to explode! What happened?"

Professor Nix smiles as he places a calming hand on Raelle's shoulder, his voice newly familiar to her, "Easy, now. You are in the infirmary. You pushed your power too hard and passed out from the effort. You are safe, and your psychic ability will not work here for now. Somehow the power you used got locked on and was preventing you from recovering. If you give it time, the headache will pass. If you promise not to leave, I will have something brought to ease the pain."
"Yeah, sure no problem," she quickly agreed. "Not like I'd get far. I can't keep my eyes open, my head hurts so bad. Apparenlty mapping the mathematical equations of a rift between universes has side effects. Go figure. And I have no idea how to use or stop using my powers. They just sort of switch on and off by themselves. They only started last week."

"Why am I not surprised that you somehow landed in the center of trouble. Again," she said, equal parts relieved and exasperated.

"It's alright, Professor. I have medicine for her here," she said, pouring a packet of powder into a very small glass of water. "Raelle, you need to drink this. All of it. And I don't care how bad it tastes. It will make you feel better," she said firmly, holding the cup up to Raelle's mouth so that her friend didn't have to take her hands off of her eyes.


Image Alternate Image Yet another alternate image this one showing at least a tattoo

Raelle drank the medicine obediently, but then made a face when she was done.
"Blegh! That was awful. I mean, even worse than usual. Now my head hurts and I want to scrub out my mouth. What was in that stuff?"


Image Alternate Image - all dressed up.
Raelle del Sol wrote:

Raelle drank the medicine obediently, but then made a face when she was done.

"Blegh! That was awful. I mean, even worse than usual. Now my head hurts and I want to scrub out my mouth. What was in that stuff?"

"I'm sorry, Raelle. That particular medicine requires water as a solvent. I used as little as possible. It shouldn't do more than give you some minor indigestion. Here," she said, pulling one of Raelle's hands away from her face and putting a charcoal briquet in it. "Eat this. The charcoal should absorb the water and it should minimize the gastro-intestinal distress."


male human monk 16
Lang Fei wrote:

re-post for Sara

Lang Fei wrote:

After a few more minutes of meditation, the scene around Lang and Sara changes to a lush forest, with all sorts of odd creatures floating about.

Lang opens his eyes, ok Sara, we are here. do you feel any different? is there a spirit that you believe is contacting you? he asks her.

Lang seems excited to learn more of his new little sister's abilities. hoping that he can guide her as she discovers new things. and hopefully he will learn more about this world as well along the way.


female human Witch 5 / Pack Lord Beastmaster 0.5

Sorry. Missed that. My fault.

Sara looks around.

In an area around Sara there is a web of different threads. Each goes out from her and then into the distance. The brightest one goes through Lang and then back to one of the owls(the show offey one).

"What are these?"

She tries to pluck one like a string, but her hand just goes through it.


male goo dragon alchemist 16(spellhammer) / synthesist 16

"I'm sorry. I uh-sorry. I'll just.. see you around... sorry."

Kevin stammers and goes to leave as he doesn't want to scare Jessa and Vickory was watching him like he was an animal.


Reapling (scout form) rogue, black blooded oracle, gestalt lvl 16

Vickory wasn't watching like he was an animal, just a wariness. More like unsure if he is an enemy or not.

"Nothing important enough to stay? You still have a spot in line you know."


Female {REDACTED} {REDACTED}

Jessa remains silent.


Male Human (presumably) Psion 16 Metamind 10 / Wilder 16 Elocator 10

Professor Nix, slightly distracted by the idea of mathematical equations describing a rift, does not notice that Tamina intends to treat his patient until it is too late. Lowering his slightly outstretched hand he watches Raelle until he is sure that the 'medicine' would do no harm.

After a few moments, he glares at Tamina, but his voice is still calm and pleasant, "So you are one of the people who work in the infirmary now, yes? You make it a habit of treating other people's patients, yes? I will thank you to clear with the person under whose care a patient is before treating that patient." He holds up a hand to stop her protest before it fully forms, "I do not want to hear all the reasons why you did as you did. I do not care how well you know Raelle or what your undoubtedly prodigious medical skills are. In the future, please check with me before you treat my patient. It is simple courtesy."

Nix's demeanor relaxes and his smile is warm and friendly again, "I am glad that you are here, Tamina. It helps the healing process to have friends nearby. Raelle, I will put in a note excusing you from your classes for the rest of the day. I would like to keep you in the infirmary for a couple of hours for observation, but after that you are free to go. You should rest for the remainder of the day. And you really should rearrange your classes to accommodate the beginning psionics class; it will help you to learn control."


Male Humanoid

Isolab X

Tryko'Sam wrote:

After a while of 'engaging' with Rena, and not really making any sort of progress, (so to speak), Tryko'Sam eventually seems to get bored/curious of his surroundings.

He'll attempt to move away from Rena, and explore the confines of the Isolab's borders. Depending on whether or not she restrains him, and how, is key.

Eventually, having explored the four walls and floor of the Isolab, Tryko'Sam crawl/walks over to one of the walls, sniffs it, sniffs the floor, sniffs himself and then looks off as if nothing interesting is going on. His gaze lingers on the walls for a duration, a mindless blank look, unfocused on the wall itself.

A moment later, a portal opens up in front of him yawning wide enough for him to crawl/walk through. It simply shuts behind him as soon as he passes through. Hints of forest and blue skies are briefly seen before he's gone.

The timing of the portal is nearly instant, as if following an instinctual desire to simply move elsewhere, and resulting in such happening, there's little warning before he's gone.


male human monk 16
Sara and Bee wrote:

Sorry. Missed that. My fault.

Sara looks around.

In an area around Sara there is a web of different threads. Each goes out from her and then into the distance. The brightest one goes through Lang and then back to one of the owls(the show offey one).

"What are these?"

She tries to pluck one like a string, but her hand just goes through it.

Those are life strands. they are the connection between the spirit world and the real world. the brighter the strand, the stronger the bond. It also identifies spiritual connections with other living things. There are spirits that reside completely in this world, and don't have a connection to our world. There are also people in our world that do not have any connection to this one.

Lang stops, worrying that he has confused her.

basically, it is my job to maintain balance between the worlds. and the spirits here have given me special powers to help me. Wel at least that is how Master Hito explained it to me.

Now, lets figure out what it is that you are sensing.

Sovereign Court

Male Firebird (looks like this but with blood red hair) Blight Druid 13/warlock 13
Lily Svarog wrote:
Lucas Svarog wrote:
Lily Svarog wrote:


::You are forgiven! But now you've seen that I'm completely fine and absolutely nothing is wrong!:: Even without the slight hysteria Lucas is feeling through the link, that would be a pretty obvious lie as even Lily's flying seems hap-hazard and a bit manic, which is not a particularly safe way to be flying.

::you don't sound "completely fine", don't lie to me sister dear, I know you, I've lived with you all your life, What. Is. Wrong.::
::I can't tell you! I can't tell you, so drop it! I need time alone to think!:: she replies, wheeling around and banking upwards, flapping her wings hard for alititude.

Lucas pauses before slowly following and after a minute projects to her in a softer mental voice ::whatever it is, I just want to help, I'm your brother and it's my job to'protect you I can't do that if you won't tell me what has you so scared... If you're sure you just need space for now.... I'll give you some... Just promise you'll eat something, and I'll check in on you after next class...ok?::

sorry I thought I had already posted... I'm pretty sure this post is quite different from the original, but it fits

72,601 to 72,650 of 72,650 << first < prev | 1443 | 1444 | 1445 | 1446 | 1447 | 1448 | 1449 | 1450 | 1451 | 1452 | 1453 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tales of Agartha: the Avalon Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2015 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.