Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


The Avalon Chronicles

Game Master lynora

This is a high level rules light game set in a school for magical kids, kinda a mash-up of Soul Eater, Harry Potter, and X-Men. :)


351 to 400 of 69,870 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Vakkler Relkav wrote:
Vakkler Relkav wrote:
Did Vakkler work anything out about the coin?
I'm getting over-insistent, aren't I?

He can figure out the same things that Krays did. It has writing engraved on it. It's written in an ancient form of draconic that's just different enough from modern draconic to be difficult to read. Since he has a little more time to look at it, he can make out the words reveal/truth and form/shape.


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6
Krays wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

"The basement? At least, parts of it..."


Male Kobold Expert 6/Rogue 4/Fighter 3

Vakkler clicks his tongue. Well, that's a complication. It'd be a lot easier if I knew what 'Ancestors' meant. Undead? Or it could be the brain squids. Probably not grimlocks.
"Blasted book. Well, I'd best talk to the headmaster. Yes, at once. Where is he, anyway?"


Male Dhampir Champion of Darkness, Order of the Gunslinger initiate

"Well I have a spell that can give us our own dimension for about 7 hours or so."

The glories of rope trick :)


BPs: 32/32 :: Status: Unharmed :: Dodge 18; Soak 21
Vakkler Relkav wrote:
"Blasted book. Well, I'd best talk to the headmaster. Yes, at once. Where is he, anyway?"

Spin's eyes light up at mention of the Headmaster, "Hey, can I go with ya?"


Male Kobold Expert 6/Rogue 4/Fighter 3
Spin wrote:
Vakkler Relkav wrote:
"Blasted book. Well, I'd best talk to the headmaster. Yes, at once. Where is he, anyway?"
Spin's eyes light up at mention of the Headmaster, "Hey, can I go with ya?"

"What? Oh, I suppose."

Ancestors...well, that's a thought. They do have shapeshifting capabilities. If that's the case, I'd best hurry.
Then the kobold pauses. "Wait...Mr. Sinh, you say the headmaster was among those wishing the coin removed?"


Male Kobold (Young Adult Black dragon) Gestalt Sorceror/Oracle 16 Necromancer; Champion of Death
Asch Redgrave wrote:

"Well I have a spell that can give us our own dimension for about 7 hours or so."

The glories of rope trick :)

facepalm...of course! Shoulda known :(


Male Kobold Expert 6/Rogue 4/Fighter 3
Krays wrote:
Asch Redgrave wrote:

"Well I have a spell that can give us our own dimension for about 7 hours or so."

The glories of rope trick :)

facepalm...of course! Shoulda known :(

*Suppresses urge to rules lawyer about Pathfinder changes*


Vakkler Relkav wrote:
Krays wrote:
Asch Redgrave wrote:

"Well I have a spell that can give us our own dimension for about 7 hours or so."

The glories of rope trick :)

facepalm...of course! Shoulda known :(
*Suppresses urge to rules lawyer about Pathfinder changes*

No rules lawyering in a rules light game! ;P


To Vakkler, he opines, "Hm... No, I don't recall the Headmaster being quite as excited as the others but it all happened real fast. I just can't say."

He turns to Spin, answering his previous questions, "Master Vakkler here and me aren't mages, young sir. I'm just the Custodian." He puts a hand on the boy's shoulder and gently turns him towards the entrance to the building, deftly avoiding having to shake Spin's hand. He has a strong compulsion to spritz it with Windex. "We'll see you to the Headmaster." He begins walking Spin in the correct direction.


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6
Asch Redgrave wrote:

"Well I have a spell that can give us our own dimension for about 7 hours or so."

The glories of rope trick :)

"That sounds perfect. So the only places we talk about this stuff is either there or in this office?" she looked to the adults for confirmation.


Male Kobold Expert 6/Rogue 4/Fighter 3
Mr. Sinh wrote:
To Vakkler, he opines, "Hm... No, I don't recall the Headmaster being quite as excited as the others but it all happened real fast. I just can't say."

"Hm. On second thought, I don't need to talk to the headmaster yet. I'll see you both later." The kobold turns and heads back to his shack.


BPs: 32/32 :: Status: Unharmed :: Dodge 18; Soak 21

That little guy's a professor?! Spin thinks as he's guided away by the custodian. The thought is whisked away by all the new sights, however as he's led into the building. Spin's tongue can barely keep up with all his questions."So you're the custodian, huh? I guess that's why you have a mop, huh? What's your name? Are all the professors monsters? What does Master Vakkler teach? Do you also teach a class?"


F Sylph

Nasima has been rummaging around in her already-battered books and notebooks. Eventually she finds a crumpled piece of paper. "Okay. Schedule. Hmmm...well, I have Mathemagics, too, so I can help there...I have a BUNCH of meditation classes, suppose I'm on my own in those...psi-conditioning...hand-to-hand combat? Me? Agh! Phys Ed...light. What the heck is that?" She looks at Ephebe. "Well, we only have a couple classes together it looks like, but I suppose between Krays being a wizard-type, Asch being a...a...kill...um...stuff type or whatever he is, and me seeing you in the leftover general requirements classes, one of us should always be around to help."


Male Dhampir Champion of Darkness, Order of the Gunslinger initiate

"Then I'll make sure I keep that one prepared for when ever it's needed." When he hears Sima's description of him he smiles. "So I'm a kill stuff type...9ant really deny that can I? Though technically I'm a gunslinger mage, though I prefer gunmage. Though I am also an accomplished martial artist." He says smugly.


Vakkler Relkav wrote:
"Hm. On second thought, I don't need to talk to the headmaster yet. I'll see you both later." The kobold turns and heads back to his shack.

Sinh nods politely, "Certainly, Master. I'll see young Spin on his way."

He steers the excitable young man away from the kobold under the wash of his numerous questions. "Slow down, son! I only got one mouth to answer that dozen questions. I'm Mr. Sinh. I'm new here as well. The faculty has many folks from different races - human and otherwise. I don't think none of them would appreciate being called 'monsters'... Master Vakkler has several duties I think and teaching is probably just one of them... As for me, I could only teach 'Mop-Slinging 101' and there isn't any call for that here."


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6
Nasima Shearskye wrote:
Nasima has been rummaging around in her already-battered books and notebooks. Eventually she finds a crumpled piece of paper. "Okay. Schedule. Hmmm...well, I have Mathemagics, too, so I can help there...I have a BUNCH of meditation classes, suppose I'm on my own in those...psi-conditioning...hand-to-hand combat? Me? Agh! Phys Ed...light. What the heck is that?" She looks at Ephebe. "Well, we only have a couple classes together it looks like, but I suppose between Krays being a wizard-type, Asch being a...a...kill...um...stuff type or whatever he is, and me seeing you in the leftover general requirements classes, one of us should always be around to help."

"Phys ed light is the one where Mom doesn't throw boulders the size of a skimmer at you while shifting the floor underneath you. You'll still get plenty of exercise though."


Image
Asch Redgrave wrote:
"Then I'll make sure I keep that one prepared for when ever it's needed." When he hears Sima's description of him he smiles. "So I'm a kill stuff type...9ant really deny that can I? Though technically I'm a gunslinger mage, though I prefer gunmage. Though I am also an accomplished martial artist." He says smugly.

"Good. That means you know the basics," she said, drily.


Male Dhampir Champion of Darkness, Order of the Gunslinger initiate

Asch's cocky grin slips for a moment. "Not...cool..." He mutters to himself.


Asch Redgrave wrote:
Asch's cocky grin slips for a moment. "Not...cool..." He mutters to himself.

Ryo suppresses a grin.

"I think you'll find over-confidence is not rewarded here. Under-confidence isn't either, for that matter." He says with a glance to Nasima.

"Let us be clear about one thing though: You are only to portect Ehphebe and yourselves. For all the good they've done, I've altered the wards to ignore you and only you for those purposes. Do not go looking for trouble, understood?"


Male Kobold (Young Adult Black dragon) Gestalt Sorceror/Oracle 16 Necromancer; Champion of Death

Nods
"I understand and will comply."


F Sylph

The headmaster's significant glance doesn't go unnoticed by Nasima, who quickly divines his message. She looks sideways and makes a face, suddenly frustrated with a lot of things all at once, herself most of all.


Male Dhampir Champion of Darkness, Order of the Gunslinger initiate

"You say that like I start 'all' the fights I get in." Asch mutters as his way of acceptance.


Khoda simmers and rumbles and flashes beneath Nasima's consciousness. Waiting.


Image

"Okay, I think you kids get the picture. You guys finish getting settled in. Classes officially start tomorrow. And don't forget the orientation assembly this afternoon. Almost guaranteed shocking revelation free," she added with a grin.


BPs: 32/32 :: Status: Unharmed :: Dodge 18; Soak 21
Mr. Sinh wrote:
"I don't think none of them would appreciate being called 'monsters'... Master Vakkler has several duties I think and teaching is probably just one of them... As for me, I could only teach 'Mop-Slinging 101' and there isn't any call for that here."

Spin laughs, "Oh, i didn't mean monsters in a bad way. But I guess I'll keep that in mind." For the rest of the walk, Spin tries to keep the questions to a minimum, but by the time they reach the Headmaster's office, 'Mr. S' (as Spin begins calling him) has at least answered a hundred questions… some of them twice.


Image

Aananda stops speaking as she hears a knock on the door. She looks over at Ryo.

"Were you expecting someone? We can get out of your way for a few minutes if you need."


Male Kobold Expert 6/Rogue 4/Fighter 3

After a bit of research, it occurs to Vakkler that illithid, undead and dragons aren't really a huge concern. Whether or not they're around, it's more important to worry about the other inhabitants of the school.

"All the same..." he mutters, leaving his shack, "...best keep an eye open."

He walks back into the school, heading for the headmaster's office.


For his part, Sinh enjoys the ebullient youth's non-stop questions and observations. Given all that serious business earlier, this is a nice change. "Well, young sir, it's best to sometimes remember that not everyone can separate what you mean from what you say. Keep your wits about you, lad, and you'll do fine."

As an afterthought, he spritzes the boy's hands with cleanser and uses a cantrip to dry them. "Best to make a good first impression - dirty hands don't do anyone any good."


Male Elven (reincarnated - originally Human) Fighter 5 / Wizard 10 / Arcane Gunslinger 10 / Arcane Gunmaster 5
Aanandareavekki wrote:
Asch Redgrave wrote:
"Then I'll make sure I keep that one prepared for when ever it's needed." When he hears Sima's description of him he smiles. "So I'm a kill stuff type...9ant really deny that can I? Though technically I'm a gunslinger mage, though I prefer gunmage. Though I am also an accomplished martial artist." He says smugly.
"Good. That means you know the basics," she said, drily.
Asch Redgrave wrote:
Asch's cocky grin slips for a moment. "Not...cool..." He mutters to himself.
Headmaster Ryo wrote:

Ryo suppresses a grin.

"I think you'll find over-confidence is not rewarded here. Under-confidence isn't either, for that matter." He says with a glance to Nasima.

"Let us be clear about one thing though: You are only to portect Ehphebe and yourselves. For all the good they've done, I've altered the wards to ignore you and only you for those purposes. Do not go looking for trouble, understood?"

Tamrin just lets out a heavy sigh and shakes his head.

"My apprentice just does me proud, he does," he says, sarcasm dripping off of every word. (^.^)


Male Dhampir Champion of Darkness, Order of the Gunslinger initiate

"I try." He replies matching sarcasm for sarcasm.

These are just the kind of reactions I was hopping for from the faculty. ^_^


Image
Asch Redgrave wrote:

"I try." He replies matching sarcasm for sarcasm.

These are just the kind of reactions I was hopping for from the faculty. ^_^

Glad we could oblige. ^.^


Male Elven (reincarnated - originally Human) Fighter 5 / Wizard 10 / Arcane Gunslinger 10 / Arcane Gunmaster 5
Asch Redgrave wrote:

"I try." He replies matching sarcasm for sarcasm.

"Really? When?" :)

"Now," he says, not waiting for another smart comment from Asch, "let's move this little circus along so the Headmaster can go back to business as usual. There still are new students showing up, and all the attendant fun that generates."


F Sylph

"Yes sir." As they leave, 'Sima looks over at Ephebe. "So where are you going now? Will you be safe? Should one of us come with? I know there's your brother, I assume he'll also look out for you?"


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6

"Yeah, let's get going. We'll be fine. We can always do what Asch suggested and go into the extradimensional space if we need to talk more. Come on guys," she said, opening the door and practically walking into Spin.

"Sorry," she said, blushing. "I keep doing that today."


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6
Nasima Shearskye wrote:
"Yes sir." As they leave, 'Sima looks over at Ephebe. "So where are you going now? Will you be safe? Should one of us come with? I know there's your brother, I assume he'll also look out for you?"

"Brothers. You already met Taron. And I'm rooming with Jimmy. Taron has this weird idea that I should keep quiet about his relationship with me because of all the uproar about his mate, Kam, and I know why he said it,but I just can't pretend not to be related to him. I mean, sure, with the general student body, but you know the big secret already so it seems kinda silly."

Assuming she says this before she opens the door.


BPs: 32/32 :: Status: Unharmed :: Dodge 18; Soak 21

Ephebe's bump is met with a winning smile, the boy's dark eyes switching between herself and Nasima behind her, "That's okay. I'm Spin." He gives a quick wave, and you think you smell cleaning solution.

He looks up at Mr. S with an 'I like this school already!' look before the custodian ushers him into the Headmaster's office.

He looks at all the people leaving the room, "Somebody already causing problems?"


Sinh nods to the young folk and faculty as they leave, deciding to save his apology to Miss Ephebe for another time. Seeing his washpail setting in a corner he says quietly, "Little Sinh, let's go." As the pail wheels itself out of the office, the Janitor introduces the newcomer. "Headmaster, this is young master Spin, come new to the Academy."


Male Dhampir Champion of Darkness, Order of the Gunslinger initiate

"Should I just stay? I'll probably end up here again before the days over." He says just before he walks out with a smirk at getting the last word.


Male Kobold (Young Adult Black dragon) Gestalt Sorceror/Oracle 16 Necromancer; Champion of Death

Gets up from his chair and hops to the floor.
"I am hungry. Anyone else want to come to cafeteria feel free to along."
He sees Spin and nods to him as he passes. Once in the hallway, he beckons H'Tor to follow him...


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6
Krays wrote:

Gets up from his chair and hops to the floor.

"I am hungry. Anyone else want to come to cafeteria feel free to along."
He sees Spin and nods to him as he passes. Once in the hallway, he beckons H'Tor to follow him...

"Yeah...I guess I can't really avoid the cafeteria. And on the bright side all the people who decided to skip lunch after that whole fiasco...I might even be able to not get dirty looks from the cooks....or not. Actually I think the chance of my not getting massive amounts of resentment from them is just about zero. But I'm starved."


BPs: 32/32 :: Status: Unharmed :: Dodge 18; Soak 21

As Asch steps out of the door, he hears his own voice from inside the room, "I'll probably end up here again before the days over." When he turns around, the new kid is grinning at him.


F Sylph

"I don't really eat, really, but I'll gladly go along for the company."


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6
Nasima Shearskye wrote:
"I don't really eat, really, but I'll gladly go along for the company."

"Really? Well, I more than make up for you. I eat enough for...well, for what I really am." ^.^


F Sylph
Spin wrote:
As Asch steps out of the door, he hears his own voice from inside the room, "I'll probably end up here again before the days over." When he turns around, the new kid is grinning at him.

Nasima giggles at Spin's antics and leans in to whisper conspiratorially to Ephebe:

Ephebe OR DC25 Perception:
"He's cute."

F Sylph
Ephebe wrote:
Nasima Shearskye wrote:
"I don't really eat, really, but I'll gladly go along for the company."
"Really? Well, I more than make up for you. I eat enough for...well, for what I really am." ^.^

HAhahahahaa! Now the comments about the cooks hating you make sense. I'm a little slow on the upswing. :-p


Perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 27

Mr. Sinh smiles at the young ladies, "The cooks were cookin' like crazy when I left. I expect you'll find a very nice spread ready for you - whether you eat or no."


F Sylph

"Thanks, Mr. Sinh!"


Male Dhampir Champion of Darkness, Order of the Gunslinger initiate

1d20 + 16 ⇒ (6) + 16 = 22
-
So close....grummble.


Sinh appreciates the sylph's unfailing politeness, so atypical of children these days. "You're most welcome, young miss. Have a very good day now."

351 to 400 of 69,870 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tales of Agartha: the Avalon Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.