Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

The Avalon Chronicles

Game Master lynora

This is a high level rules light game set in a school for magical kids, kinda a mash-up of Soul Eater, Harry Potter, and X-Men. :)


301 to 350 of 69,487 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Male Kobold (Young Adult Black dragon) Gestalt Sorceror/Oracle 16 Necromancer; Champion of Death
Ephebe wrote:
Krays wrote:
Ephebe wrote:
Krays wrote:

stares in wonder at Ephebe

** spoiler omitted **
he blinks and shuts his mouth, gathering his composure
"Very powerful dweomer. Where kid get one?"
"If you're talking about the coin, I don't know, and if I find out I'll be trying to destroy it. If you're talking about me....ummmmm....I was kinda born that way."

"Yes, coin. It was very strong."

Looks in awe at Ephebe
"Why do you hide? Your scales are mag...ni...umm..very nice."
"Well," she said, dryly, "there is this little problem of people trying to kill my kind."

sorry i posted while the convo turned lol i edited my post accordingly :)

merely nods


Aanandareavekki wrote:
She sighed. "It means we have to start from scratch. Hunting them while they hunt us. Made all the more difficult because they are still using the same tactics of targeting the young ones first."

"Indeed. But why should we use the same tactics for fighting?" Ryo says from within the shadows of his hood. He opens a drawer at his desk and pulss out single large card. "It has been awhile since I've used them for anything but readings, but I think Illusion will at least confuse him."


Male Kobold Expert 6/Rogue 4/Fighter 3

Leaving his shack, Vakkler tastes the air. A kobold instinct, mostly pointless. Long since rendered nothing but a little habit of the species.
But not this time. For once, he detects something. Something that sends a shiver down his spine. Another instinct, one long suppressed.

He hurries back inside, locking the door and setting the traps.

Once certain that the only entrance is secure, he moves to a bookshelf and pulls out a tiny tome. With the naked eye, he can just make out the title:

Natural Enemies of the Kobold Race


Male Kobold (Young Adult Black dragon) Gestalt Sorceror/Oracle 16 Necromancer; Champion of Death

"Is hunter a people? Is it training? What we dealing with?"


Male Dhampir Champion of Darkness, Order of the Gunslinger initiate

"At least this 'young one' can bite back." He says with a toothy grin as he pushes back his jacket revealing his caster and other weapons.


Image
Asch Redgrave wrote:
"At least this 'young one' can bite back." He says with a toothy grin as he pushes back his jacket revealing his caster and other weapons.

"Not you, dear," she said absently. "They have specific targets in mind. You don't meet their criteria. But we would definitely appreciate it if you could help keep an eye on Ephebe. Chances are you'll get a chance to destroy something sooner rather than later."


F Sylph

Nasima nods at the walking arsenal that is Asch Redgrave. Looking around, she sets her jaw and says "I didn't like that kid in the cafeteria, now I guess I know why. Next time 'll just let Khoda come. Let that kid -- or whatever he is -- fight the gods, if he's so tough, instead of a bunch of kids." She puts her arm around Ephebe's shoulder and gives her a sort of sideways-squishie-hug then releases her.

DC15 Sense Motive:
She's putting up a brave front, but 'Sima is terrified.


Male Kobold Expert 6/Rogue 4/Fighter 3
Nasima Shearskye wrote:

Nasima nods at the walking arsenal that is Asch Redgrave. Looking around, she sets her jaw and says "I didn't like that kid in the cafeteria, now I guess I know why. Next time 'll just let Khoda come. Let that kid -- or whatever he is -- fight the gods, if he's so tough, instead of a bunch of kids." She puts her arm around Ephebe's shoulder and gives her a sort of sideways-squishie-hug then releases her.

** spoiler omitted **

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Vakkler does not know Nasima's motives.


F Sylph
Aanandareavekki wrote:
Asch Redgrave wrote:
"At least this 'young one' can bite back." He says with a toothy grin as he pushes back his jacket revealing his caster and other weapons.
"Not you, dear," she said absently. "They have specific targets in mind. You don't meet their criteria. But we would definitely appreciate it if you could help keep an eye on Ephebe. Chances are you'll get a chance to destroy something sooner rather than later."

"So...Dragons, then? Or whatever you guys are? That's what they hunt? I'll do my best to help but who needs looking out for? I can't call Khoda all the time or he...or I b-...I just can't. But maybe I can hide people again. Maybe."


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6

"Thanks, 'Sima," she said gratefully. "You're really brave. And I'm really glad you're still willing to be my friend after...well, all of that."


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6
Nasima Shearskye wrote:
Aanandareavekki wrote:
Asch Redgrave wrote:
"At least this 'young one' can bite back." He says with a toothy grin as he pushes back his jacket revealing his caster and other weapons.
"Not you, dear," she said absently. "They have specific targets in mind. You don't meet their criteria. But we would definitely appreciate it if you could help keep an eye on Ephebe. Chances are you'll get a chance to destroy something sooner rather than later."
"So...Dragons, then? Or whatever you guys are? That's what they hunt? I'll do my best to help but who needs looking out for? I can't call Khoda all the time or he...or I b-...I just can't. But maybe I can hide people again. Maybe."

She sighed. Well, if this conversation went badly she could always rewind time and erase it.

"Just a specific kind of dragon. They were...they were sort of originally sent after us by other dragons. All the other dragons hate our kind of dragon so we hide here on this world."


Male Kobold (Young Adult Black dragon) Gestalt Sorceror/Oracle 16 Necromancer; Champion of Death

Nods
"I shall help as well. Maybe I'll get to use his bones when he no longer ...requires them."
Ponders...
EDIT: I'm headin home from work. Since you guys n gals seem hip to the dragon jive, can you go over to the conversions forum and check out my dragon knight (by Kryzbyn), and let me know what you all think? Thanks in advance :)


Ephebe wrote:


She sighed. Well, if this conversation went badly she could always rewind time and erase it.

See this? This why I hate time travel! Too confusing!


Male Dhampir Champion of Darkness, Order of the Gunslinger initiate

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23

"Well if the wife of The Boss says look out for their daughter you have my assistance then. I will also let Amada know to look out as well. Let them come at us with a full blooded demon and a half-vampire on guard." He says with more than a little anticipation in his voice. You'd swear his eyes were glowing so bright you can see the glow through his shades.


F Sylph
Ephebe wrote:
"Thanks, 'Sima," she said gratefully. "You're really brave. And I'm really glad you're still willing to be my friend after...well, all of that."

*smiles back* "Of course! Hanging around you is good for my reflexes. Maybe I can quit dropping my books all the time." *winks*

Looking thoughtful, 'Sima replies to Ephebe's explanation; "I think I understand, at least a little bit. It sounds maybe like my dad's people -- Djinn -- and the Efreet. Same basic race, but different types, and the Efreet don't like the Djinn and are always after them so they have to inhabit separate planes and be on their guard."


Having leapt and leapt again for good measure, Mr. Sinh is well out the door of the Academy, still cupping the cursed coin and having no idea what to do now.

:: squeee-squeee-squeeeeeeee ::

The familiar sound of the battered washpail gives him little comfort as it finally catches up with its master. He looks at the battered old thing, feeling more than a little sympathy for it. "Well, friend, it looks like we may be out of a job. I made a hash of that, I did."

He jots a quick note on a threadbare notepad, tears the page, and attaches it to the washpail. "Please deliver that to the Headmaster and then does what he says after that. Alright? Good boy."

The little washpail squeaks off at its best pace. The note, flapping in the light breeze reads:

    Dear Sir,
    Is the young Miss alright? I hope so. Sorry for being a right fool and bringing that coin in yours and hers presence. I'm in front of the school with the coin. Please send word on what I should do with it... or feel free to come yourself and blast me into nothingness.

    Sincerely,

    O.E. Sinh, MCA


Male Kobold Expert 6/Rogue 4/Fighter 3

I must have a word with one of those mage fools. They can help me narrow it down.
Vakkler opens the door and walks briskly towards the school. He pauses, noticing Mr. Sinh. "Ah. Sinh? What are you doing out here? I need to--"
He spots the coin.
"Holding that a bit overcautiously, don't you think? Are you--"
His eyes narrow as he finally recognises Mr. Sinh's discomfort. "Are you alright?"


Sinh looks distressed. His words pour out in a torrent, "I can't say, Master Vakkler, but I'm glad you're here! I-found-this-thing-near-where-that-boy-was-and-it-had-queer-markings-so-I -took-it-to-the-Headmaster-but-it-affected-the-girl-since-she-was-there-too -and-then-there-was-all-sorts-of-commotion-and-I-got-it-out-of-there- as-fast-as-I-could... and now I'm here." He rallies, trying to calm himself. "Would you go check on the young Miss and see that she is alright?"


Male Kobold Expert 6/Rogue 4/Fighter 3
Mr. Sinh wrote:
Sinh looks distressed. His words pour out in a torrent, "I can't say, Master Vakkler, but I'm glad you're here! I found this thing near where that boy was and it had queer markings so I took it to the Headmaster but it affected the girl since she was there too and then there was all sorts of commotion and I got it out of there as fast as I could... and now I'm here." He rallies, trying to calm himself. "Would you go check on the young Miss and see that she is alright?"

"Slow down. Markings? Let me see."

Vakkler puts out his hand. If given the coin, he examines it closely.
Linguistics or Knowledge (history): 1d20 ⇒ 13
If Linguistics, it's +15. If Knowledge (history), it's 20. Alternatively, arcana gives a +13.


Sinh says, "I don't know how safe it is to touch...". He cups his hands under it, supporting it on a cushion of magic, allowing Vakkler to examine it as it spins or grab it, if he chooses. "I can't make heads or tails of it... no joke intended."


Male Kobold Expert 6/Rogue 4/Fighter 3
Mr. Sinh wrote:
Sinh says, "I don't know how safe it is to touch...". He cups his hands under it, supporting it on a cushion of magic, allowing Vakkler to examine it as it spins or grab it, if he chooses. "I can't make heads or tails of it... no joke intended."

"You said it 'affected' the girl..." Vakkler mutters. "Which girl? How?" Not even Mr. Sinh's magic seems to bother him, so preoccupied he is with his thoughts.


Mr. Sinh sifts through his mind. Like any good custodian he'd been going through the faculty and student lists trying to familiarize himself with everyone at the Academy... but it was only his first day. He pulls the name from his memory, "Miss Ephebe is her name, I believe. And she was.. hm... shaken is maybe the best word."


Male Kobold Expert 6/Rogue 4/Fighter 3
Mr. Sinh wrote:
Mr. Sinh sifts through his mind. Like any good custodian he'd been going through the faculty and student lists trying to familiarize himself with everyone at the Academy... but it was only his first day. He pulls the name from his memory, "Miss Ephebe is her name, I believe. And she was.. hm... shaken is maybe the best word."

"Shaken. I see."


A gray house cat with wings glides gently down to hover in front of Mr. Sinh, holding a letter gently it it's mouth. The words "Letter for Mr. Sinh" appear between the feline's wings.

Sinh:
Dear Mr.Sihn,

I do not regret to inform you that you shall be keeping your job. In fact, you have provided a very valuable service! Imagine what would of happened if a student had picked up the coin instead! We may be able to use it to track the boy too.

Miss Sunwake is indeed alright. The coin's magic reacted badly with her own(which was probably the purpose of it anyway) and left her in a tight spot for a few moments. She is perfectly fine and in good health.

Signed,
Ryo Antairus, Headmaster of Avalon

P.S.
I know about the tremendous mess you had to clean up in the cafeteria. While you probably expected a large mess to clean, I doubt it was one of that magnitude. You'll be getting a bonus next time you are paid for your troubles. Think of it as a "It's just my first day!" bonus. You may also give the coin to Ruji, the cat that carried the letter.


Sinh reads the note with relief. As soon as Vakkler has finished examining the ring, Sinh pockets the kindly note from the Headmaster hisself no less! then drops the ring into the envelope and seals it, presenting it to the flying cat.

He looks at Vakkler, "Well, it looks like the Headmaster is too good-natured to atomize me or too busy to fire me today. That's good."


Male Kobold Expert 6/Rogue 4/Fighter 3
Mr. Sinh wrote:

Sinh reads the note with relief. As soon as Vakkler has finished examining the ring, Sinh pockets the kindly note from the Headmaster hisself no less! then drops the ring into the envelope and seals it, presenting it to the flying cat.

He looks at Vakkler, "Well, it looks like the Headmaster is too good-natured to atomize me or too busy to fire me today. That's good."

"I doubt he'd do so. He's a seer, but of the domestic variety."


Mr. Sinh scratches his head and gives the kobold a small, hesitant smile, "What's an imported seer like, then?"


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6
Nasima Shearskye wrote:
Ephebe wrote:
"Thanks, 'Sima," she said gratefully. "You're really brave. And I'm really glad you're still willing to be my friend after...well, all of that."

*smiles back* "Of course! Hanging around you is good for my reflexes. Maybe I can quit dropping my books all the time." *winks*

Looking thoughtful, 'Sima replies to Ephebe's explanation; "I think I understand, at least a little bit. It sounds maybe like my dad's people -- Djinn -- and the Efreet. Same basic race, but different types, and the Efreet don't like the Djinn and are always after them so they have to inhabit separate planes and be on their guard."

"Ummm...yeah, it's kind of like that. Only one side has kinda been dominating the fight for a while. And it's not us."

"And we definitely need to get you a bookbag. We could even decorate it if you like. I mean, errr, if you happen to like sparkles and stuff anyway..."

She slides her own bookbag which was covered with colorful glittery patches slightly behind her.


Male Kobold (Young Adult Black dragon) Gestalt Sorceror/Oracle 16 Necromancer; Champion of Death

Looks around at everybody in the office
"What now? Do we go like nothing is wrong and keep a look out, or go on the...offensive?"


Male Dhampir Champion of Darkness, Order of the Gunslinger initiate

"They say the best defense is a good offense."


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6

"But how do we go on the offense if we don't even know who we're attacking? Which one or ones of the students are Hunters? Right now my family and you three are the only ones I'm sure aren't. Well, I'm pretty sure Mr. Reklar and Mr. Sinh are okay too."


Male Dhampir Champion of Darkness, Order of the Gunslinger initiate

"I...errr I just hate waiting." He says as he sits in one of the remaining chairs and sulks.


F Sylph
Ephebe wrote:
"Ummm...yeah, it's kind of like that. Only one side has kinda been dominating the fight for a while. And it's not us."

"Ugh. I'm sorry." Nasima gives Ephebe and the other Sunwakes a sympathetic look. "That must be awful. I can't even imagine..."

Ephebe wrote:
"And we definitely need to get you a bookbag. We could even decorate it if you like. I mean, errr, if you happen to like sparkles and stuff anyway..."

"Yeah! I'd like that. Sparkles are cool. I can ask a little wind to make a pattern."


F Sylph
Ephebe wrote:
"But how do we go on the offense if we don't even know who we're attacking? Which one or ones of the students are Hunters? Right now my family and you three are the only ones I'm sure aren't. Well, I'm pretty sure Mr. Reklar and Mr. Sinh are okay too."

"That's what I was just gonna ask. I seems like all we can do is wait for an attack and then be ready, and also try to always have one of us around Ephebe to help out. It's, uh, it's not much of a plan, I suppose."


Male Kobold (Young Adult Black dragon) Gestalt Sorceror/Oracle 16 Necromancer; Champion of Death

"I will have alot of..umm...arcane and divine theory and thau..ma..turgy classes...what do you all have?"


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6
Nasima Shearskye wrote:
Ephebe wrote:
"Ummm...yeah, it's kind of like that. Only one side has kinda been dominating the fight for a while. And it's not us."

"Ugh. I'm sorry." Nasima gives Ephebe and the other Sunwakes a sympathetic look. "That must be awful. I can't even imagine..."

Ephebe wrote:
"And we definitely need to get you a bookbag. We could even decorate it if you like. I mean, errr, if you happen to like sparkles and stuff anyway..."
"Yeah! I'd like that. Sparkles are cool. I can ask a little wind to make a pattern."

"Oh good! That sounds like fun. I like sparkles a lot, but my brothers make fun of me for it. It's not like I have to be girly all the time, but it's still nice once in a while, you know?"


Male Dhampir Champion of Darkness, Order of the Gunslinger initiate

"I have gun training, advanced gym or as I like to call it 'dodgeball', mechanics, and a few arcane classes." Asch says as he goes back to his usual cocky self with one leg thrown over the leg of his chair.


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6
Krays wrote:
"I will have alot of..umm...arcane and divine theory and thau..ma..turgy classes...what do you all have?"

"Well, divine theory for sure. Mom's advanced combat training class. And of course firearms. And, let's see..." she pulls a schedule out of her bag. "Looks like advanced potion making, mathemagics, and I have to retake divination since I failed it last semester," she added, making a face.


F Sylph

Ahahahahaaa, OMG I have no idea what classes 'Sima would be in. Hmmmm...


Male Kobold (Young Adult Black dragon) Gestalt Sorceror/Oracle 16 Necromancer; Champion of Death

"So then some of us will mostly likely be in at least one or two classes with Ephebe at any given time..."
ponders a bit, then looks to Ryo, Tamrin and Aananda
"No offense is...intended here, Great Masters, but...what if Ehpebe is a distraction? What if the hunters decide to start from the top...while we focus defense on her?"


Image

"Given how rarely Mother comes out of her lair these days, it seems unlikely. And I assure you, I can take care of myself. I have a few surprises on my person at all times that I am fairly certain they won't be expecting. In fact, I would rather they took that tactic since it would reveal who they are while keeping the children safe."


Male Dhampir Champion of Darkness, Order of the Gunslinger initiate

"Besides almost all of my classes are taught by the teachers in this room right now. So if they go after them I will at least be there." He says as he absently rolls a caster shell across his knuckles.


BPs: 32/32 :: Status: Unharmed :: Dodge 18; Soak 21

Meanwhile... outside on the lawn with the Janitor and the kobold teacher...

A short teenager - about 16 by the look of him - walks across the great lawn, a giant military style bag (nearly his own size - and defintely more than you'd think a squirrely kid his size could carry) strapped across his back. An unruly shock of nearly black hair sits atop his head and his darks eyes dart all around the place, drinking in what are obviously new sites. He spies Mr. Sinh and Vakkler having their conversation and jogs up, an excited grin on his face.

"Hey, mister and… uh… little dragon man. You guys know where I can find…" he looks in his hand, surprised to find it empty. Then digs through an over-sized back pants pocket. Then a front pocket before finally finding what he's looking for, and draws out a large neatly folded, pressed, wrapped piece of paper with a long word written across the front in the Headmaster's handwriting. "uh.. Mister RY-O? I'm supposed to check in with him."

His dark eyes wander everywhere, as if nothing can keep their attention for longer than a second, and he wipes the back hand across his nose with a sniff. Then, with absent-minded realization, he sticks the same hand out to the two school workers, "oh yah. I'm Despin. I'm new here. People call me Spin, though."


Male Kobold Expert 6/Rogue 4/Fighter 3

Did Vakkler work anything out about the coin?

Vakkler does not shake Spin's hand. "I have no idea where he is right now, but I'd assume he's wherever you need him. Mages."


Image

"Alright, I think you can work out the schedules among yourselves. I would like one of you to be with Ephebe at all times if at all possible. Ephebe, if one of your friends can't be with you, make sure to stick near one of your brothers. We're going to see if we can find out anything more, and work from there."

"The three of you," she said, looking pointedly at Nasima, Asch, and Krays, "are currently privy to a secret that could cause a lot of destruction if the wrong people found it out. I expect you to be very careful with that information."


BPs: 32/32 :: Status: Unharmed :: Dodge 18; Soak 21

Excitement unabated by the kobold's coldness, Spin's eyes shift over to the tall man, expecting some guidance. He jams his hands into his front pockets, rocking from heel to toe on his feet. "Are you guys mages?" He remembers his manners just a second too late, obviously trying to make a good impression, "Sirs."


Male Dhampir Champion of Darkness, Order of the Gunslinger initiate

"Will I get a boulder thrown at me if I inform Amada? She will be with me most of the time anyway."


Image
Asch Redgrave wrote:
"Will I get a boulder thrown at me if I inform Amada? She will be with me most of the time anyway."

"I'll leave that to Ephebe's discretion. She's probably the most cautious of the lot of us," she added ruefully. "If she says it's okay, then it's okay. With Hunters on the loose, we need allies who know what's going on...And I don't throw boulders as punishment. That's training." ;P


Male Kobold Expert 6/Rogue 4/Fighter 3
Vakkler Relkav wrote:
Did Vakkler work anything out about the coin?

I'm getting over-insistent, aren't I?


Male Kobold (Young Adult Black dragon) Gestalt Sorceror/Oracle 16 Necromancer; Champion of Death

draconic:
"I will not speak of it to anyone not already involved. We'll need a place we can talk that can not be easily scryed or otherwise observed."

301 to 350 of 69,487 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tales of Agartha: the Avalon Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.