Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


The Avalon Chronicles

Game Master lynora

This is a high level rules light game set in a school for magical kids, kinda a mash-up of Soul Eater, Harry Potter, and X-Men. :)


251 to 300 of 69,914 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Image
Asch Redgrave wrote:

"Yeah were ok I mean I was involved in the fight was there any doubt it would turn out ok?"

Now what to call Ryo and Aananda...headmaster and....unknown.

Regular students would call her Mrs. Sunwake, but she tends to be very informal with her advanced class, so if you're going to be training with her you can just call her Aananda.


Are you sure it was released? Someone may have just left the boys locker room open.

"I had to deal with a bunch of psychics with Puppeteers on their necks. It seems that this boy has done his homework on us." Ryo says thoughtfully. "And on top of it all, a previous 'incident' seems to have revived itself. I doubt the events are related though." He tells Tamrin and Aananda. He's talking about the late night monster attacks.

"If only I could figure out why the wards aren't do their job.. I've run hundreds of tests and there doesn't appear to be anything wrong with them."


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6

"What if he's like us? I mean, Jimmy or I could get around the wards no problem by bending reality or bending time. Not that we do...okay, well not that I do...."


F Sylph
Aanandareavekki wrote:
"Thank you, dear. I do appreciate it."

*Smiles*

*Ducks head humbly*

"You're welcome ma'am. So, are you...you're Ephebe's mom?" Nasima is looking back and forth between Tamrin and Aananda.


F Sylph
Ephebe wrote:
"What is he's like us? I mean, Jimmy or I could get around the wards no problem by bending reality or bending time..."

*looks goggle-eyed at Ephebe*

"What?" it comes out as a little squeak "You can do what? I know Khoda can do stuff like that, but he's a lightning god! Well, plus he also does terrible damage to the continuum when he does it, but still! That's amazing!"


Male Kobold (Young Adult Black dragon) Gestalt Sorceror/Oracle 16 Necromancer; Champion of Death
Nasima Shearskye wrote:
Ephebe wrote:
"What is he's like us? I mean, Jimmy or I could get around the wards no problem by bending reality or bending time..."

*looks goggle-eyed at Ephebe*

"What?" it comes out as a little squeak "You can do what? I know Khoda can do stuff like that, but he's a lightning god! Well, plus he also does terrible damage to the continuum when he does it, but still! That's amazing!"

Looks at Nasima, then says with a smile

"Commanding air that normally lies still is somewhat bending reality, too"


Image
Nasima Shearskye wrote:
Aanandareavekki wrote:
"Thank you, dear. I do appreciate it."

*Smiles*

*Ducks head humbly*

"You're welcome ma'am. So, are you...you're Ephebe's mom?" Nasima is looking back and forth between Tamrin and Aananda.

"Yes, I am. Aananda Sunwake, pleased to meet you. I see you've already met my husband. I'm guessing you're one of our new arrivals."


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6
Nasima Shearskye wrote:
Ephebe wrote:
"What is he's like us? I mean, Jimmy or I could get around the wards no problem by bending reality or bending time..."

*looks goggle-eyed at Ephebe*

"What?" it comes out as a little squeak "You can do what? I know Khoda can do stuff like that, but he's a lightning god! Well, plus he also does terrible damage to the continuum when he does it, but still! That's amazing!"

Ephebe blushed.

"Ummm...yeah...it's kinda all part of being a cleric of Kronos. He's the god of Time. So I can do some out of the ordinary things involving time..."


Sinh shuts the cafeteria's large doors after the group of students and faculty head to the Headmaster's office. Bearing Tamrin's instructions in mind, he searches for anything unusual particularly near where the miscreant or the elementals made their appearance.

Perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (13) + 15 = 28

Not sure if that was window dressing or an invite to finding a clue... so I'm tossing in a check just in case.

After that, out of sight of any UOSS guild reps, Mr. Sinh cheats just a little bit and in a good cause and uses magic to expedite a thorough cleaning of the room. But he double-checks everything afterward with Windex and a thorough wipe. Nearly guilt-free, he completes the task and ensures the room is ready for the next meal before re-opening the doors.


"Since my wish for student's relatives to go unknown seems to have flown out the vent with the goo, I'm Ephebe's uncle. Now if we could get to what happened?" Ryo inquires. "I have already received one eyewitness account of what transpired, and I could just look for myself, but I'd like to know if anyone saw anything they might consider important."


On the floor near where the boy was standing is a small brass coin with strange engravings on it.


Image
Headmaster Ryo wrote:
"Since my wish for student's relatives to go unknown seems to have flown out the vent with the goo, I'm Ephebe's uncle. Now if we could get to what happened?" Ryo inquires. "I have already received one eyewitness account of what transpired, and I could just look for myself, but I'd like to know if anyone saw anything they might consider important."

"I'm sorry, Ryo, but you can't expect us not to act like concerned parents when someone is attacking our daughter. And once it was out, well, it was silly pretending not to be related."

"But perhaps if you few kids could keep quiet about it outside of this office?"


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6

"I didn't see that much since I was literally frozen with fear after I ducked under the table, but Mr. Relkav said the boy claimed that he wasn't really present, that he was an illusion."


Mr. Sinh frowns at the coin, daring it to reveal its secrets or jump up and bite him. It does neither so he memorizes its position in the room and uses a cantrip to gently lift it above his waiting palm. Shielding it from wind or any physical contact, he carries it cautiously to the Headmaster's office. What a strange first day at a new job.

Arriving at the Headmaster's office, he knocks hesitantly.


Male Dhampir Champion of Darkness, Order of the Gunslinger initiate

"Yes he said he was an illusion just before disappearing and leaving those shades for us to play with."


"Hm.. that means he could have been anywhere in the school. Or even out of it if he had some way to see inside. That should be impossible, but giving the way things have been going lately..." Ryo pauses as he hears a knock at his door. "You may come in Mr. Sinh."

Oh no! The dreading rhyming! D:


Headmaster Ryo wrote:
Oh no! The dreading rhyming! D:

Uh oh...

In walks Sinh, sans grin. :p He bobs his head politely at the faculty members, his hands shielding an object delicately. "Beggin' your pardon for the intrusion, sir. Master Tamrin asked me to keep a wary eye for anything unusual in and abouts the cafeteria. I found a thing on the floor hard-by where the curious lad was standing. I thought to bring it to you straight-away." He moves his covering hand to show the coin floating above his palm. "I haven't touched it or anything like that. Shall I place it on your desk then?"


Image

Yay, internet is fixed!
Aananda leans forward abruptly, her eyes changing as the iris color filled the eye and the pupil changed from round to slitted.

Draconic:

Spoiler:
"Get that thing out of here! Now!"

She placed herself between the 'coin' and Ephebe.


Male Kobold (Young Adult Black dragon) Gestalt Sorceror/Oracle 16 Necromancer; Champion of Death

Leans and stretches to try to get a glimpse of the medallion
perception:
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6

"Ngh!" Ephebe makes a strangled sound, grips her chair tightly keeping her eyes firmly closed.

"room. not. big. enough. for. this." she said through gritted teeth.


Krays wrote:

Leans and stretches to try to get a glimpse of the medallion

perception:
1d20+12

The coin is covered in runes in what appears to be an ancient form of draconic. Even for Krays it is difficult to decipher, but he glimpses a word that look like truth or maybe reveal.


Male Kobold (Young Adult Black dragon) Gestalt Sorceror/Oracle 16 Necromancer; Champion of Death

Suddenly stands and begins to chant in infernal
Targeted dispel on the medallion
1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 27


Krays wrote:

Suddenly stands and begins to chant in infernal

Targeted dispel on the medallion
d20+15

It doesn't work. He gets the impression it would take a higher level spell to suppress the effect.

It's an ancient piece of tech that was designed to deal with creatures of at least CR20 on a regular basis. Of course they didn't make it easy to turn off. :)


F Sylph

Earlier

Krays wrote:
"Commanding air that normally lies still is somewhat bending reality, too"

Nasima returns the Kobold's smile. "Nah, they're just the Little Guys. Little Winds, they're like...well they're kind of like kitties. They're small and nice and pretty hard to control, but if you ask them nicely sometimes they like to help, especially if you go play with them. Toss-the-wing or feather-fall-feather or something like that. In mom's castle there are lots of 'em, and they're super playful. It's fun."


Male Kobold (Young Adult Black dragon) Gestalt Sorceror/Oracle 16 Necromancer; Champion of Death

ok cool!
Eyes go wide as he simply says...
"Wow..."
I'll wait and see if anybody else has an idea...dont wanna steal the show here :)


F Sylph
Ephebe wrote:

"Ngh!" Ephebe makes a strangled sound, grips her chair tightly keeping her eyes firmly closed.

"room. not. big. enough. for. this." she said through gritted teeth.

oh not aGAIN

"'Phebe, what's happening." 'Sima looks helplessly around at the assembled wizards and sorcs and...and just everyone. "Now what?! You guys what's going on?"


Image

Aananda reaches out and grabs the edge of the desk, but her hand has become more of a claw, with a slight hint of scales. The corner of the desk comes off when she tries to grip it.

"If you don't get that coin out of here, we're going to have some serious space issues very shortly," she said through gritted teeth.


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6
Nasima Shearskye wrote:
Ephebe wrote:

"Ngh!" Ephebe makes a strangled sound, grips her chair tightly keeping her eyes firmly closed.

"room. not. big. enough. for. this." she said through gritted teeth.

oh not aGAIN

"'Phebe, what's happening." 'Sima looks helplessly around at the assembled wizards and sorcs and...and just everyone. "Now what?! You guys what's going on?"

Ephebe is starting to blur a little around the edges as she is losing the battle versus the forced transformation. Her skin has turned a distinct purple color.

"can't. stop. it."


Male Dhampir Champion of Darkness, Order of the Gunslinger initiate

"Damn it!" He says as he snatches the coin and chunks it out the doors window smashing the window in the process.


Not understanding a word of draconic but seeing the reactions around the room, Mr. Sinh cups the coin and dashes out the door then leaps as far away as possible to get the coin away from the stricken girl - whether that is down a long hall or out a window.

Stupid, Sinh! What were you thinkin'?!

Jump + Ki Power: 1d20 + 50 ⇒ (7) + 50 = 57


Image

Aananda breathes a sigh of relief as her hand and eyes go back to normal.


"Great, now we have Hunter artifacts being smuggled in."


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6

Stuck in mid-transformation and unable to stop the process from finishing Ephebe increases in size and her wings unfurl from her back. A large purple dragon is curled up where Ephebe had been, and it looked distinctly embarrassed.

"Sorry," she muttered. "Couldn't help it."

She hurriedly shifted back to herself.

"So this is one of those times when I'm gonna have to go back in time and fix it, isn't it?" she asked dejectedly. "I really tried not to transform. But I couldn't hold it.


Male Kobold (Young Adult Black dragon) Gestalt Sorceror/Oracle 16 Necromancer; Champion of Death

stares in wonder at Ephebe

Draconic:

"Absolutely...beautiful...."

he blinks and shuts his mouth, gathering his composure
"Very powerful dweomer. Where kid get one?"


"Do not fault yourself, Ephebe. We thinks this boy is a Hunter who has been affecting you for some time now."


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6
Headmaster Ryo wrote:
"Do not fault yourself, Ephebe. We thinks this boy is a Hunter who has been affecting you for some time now."

"A Hunter?! But...but I thought Grandma killed the last of them...."


Male Dhampir Champion of Darkness, Order of the Gunslinger initiate

"Hunters?"


Image

"So did we. But it seems that at least one of them escaped. We weren't sure until today that that's what we were dealing with."


Image
Asch Redgrave wrote:
"Hunters?"

She looks at Tam and Ryo. "How much should we tell them? I'll give them credit for not freaking out when she changed, but it's a lot to risk..."


F Sylph

"What'ssss a hunterrr?" asks a disembodied voice.

Nasima, whose chair was crushed when Ephebe transformed, turned herself into a strong wind to avoid being smooshed herself and is whipping around the ceiling, stirring up a mighty dust storm. With a whoosh, she coalesces and re-solidifies by where she was sitting just moments before, mussing up everyone's hair something awful.

"Sorry."


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6
Krays wrote:

stares in wonder at Ephebe

** spoiler omitted **
he blinks and shuts his mouth, gathering his composure
"Very powerful dweomer. Where kid get one?"

"If you're talking about the coin, I don't know, and if I find out I'll be trying to destroy it. If you're talking about me....ummmmm....I was kinda born that way."


Male Dhampir Champion of Darkness, Order of the Gunslinger initiate

Question did I break Ryo's window or did Sinh take the coin?

"The love of my life is a succubus and you think seeing someone change into a dragon is weird."


F Sylph

'Sima's eyes go wide. "Wait! Dragons?! You're all dragons, aren't you? And these were...dragon hunters?"


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6
Nasima Shearskye wrote:

"What'ssss a hunterrr?" asks a disembodied voice.

Nasima, whose chair was crushed when Ephebe transformed, turned herself into a strong wind to avoid being smooshed herself and is whipping around the ceiling, stirring up a mighty dust storm. With a whoosh, she coalesces and re-solidifies by where she was sitting just moments before, mussing up everyone's hair something awful.

"Sorry."

"No, you're fine. I'm sorry I almost squished you," Ephebe said, blushing fiercely.


Asch Redgrave wrote:
"Hunters?"

"They were a group of people that scoured Agartha for unknown reasons, killing any 'beast' they thought could be a threat magically, psionically, or physically. They were ruthless killers."

Aanandareavekki wrote:
"So did we. But it seems that at least one of them escaped. We weren't sure until today that that's what we were dealing with."

"Unfortunately dear sister, the situation is a bit more dire. If we assume this boy is in the age group he appears to be, then he would not have been born until after Ryleh stopped taking them down. I trust I do not need to explain what that means."


Asch Redgrave wrote:
Question did I break Ryo's window or did Sinh take the coin?

Since you guys posted at the same time it's a tough call, but I'm guessing Mr Sinh has some pretty good reflexes, so this time we'll say that you grabbed for it and missed.


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6
Nasima Shearskye wrote:
'Sima's eyes go wide. "Wait! Dragons?! You're all dragons, aren't you? And these were...dragon hunters?"

"It's a little more complicated....er....."


Male Kobold (Young Adult Black dragon) Gestalt Sorceror/Oracle 16 Necromancer; Champion of Death
Ephebe wrote:
Krays wrote:

stares in wonder at Ephebe

** spoiler omitted **
he blinks and shuts his mouth, gathering his composure
"Very powerful dweomer. Where kid get one?"
"If you're talking about the coin, I don't know, and if I find out I'll be trying to destroy it. If you're talking about me....ummmmm....I was kinda born that way."

"Yes, coin. It was very strong."

Looks in awe at Ephebe
"Why do you hide? Your scales are mag...ni...umm..very nice."
hears the bit about hunters, and a low growl escapes
"Now I see. Living in fear....sucks."


Image
Headmaster Ryo wrote:
Asch Redgrave wrote:
"Hunters?"

"They were a group of people that scoured Agartha for unknown reasons, killing any 'beast' they thought could be a threat magically, psionically, or physically. They were ruthless killers."

Aanandareavekki wrote:
"So did we. But it seems that at least one of them escaped. We weren't sure until today that that's what we were dealing with."
"Unfortunately dear sister, the situation is a bit more dire. If we assume this boy is in the age group he appears to be, then he would not have been born until after Ryleh stopped taking them down. I trust I do not need to explain what that means."

She sighed. "It means we have to start from scratch. Hunting them while they hunt us. Made all the more difficult because they are still using the same tactics of targeting the young ones first."


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6
Krays wrote:
Ephebe wrote:
Krays wrote:

stares in wonder at Ephebe

** spoiler omitted **
he blinks and shuts his mouth, gathering his composure
"Very powerful dweomer. Where kid get one?"
"If you're talking about the coin, I don't know, and if I find out I'll be trying to destroy it. If you're talking about me....ummmmm....I was kinda born that way."

"Yes, coin. It was very strong."

Looks in awe at Ephebe
"Why do you hide? Your scales are mag...ni...umm..very nice."

"Well," she said, dryly, "there is this little problem of people trying to kill my kind."

251 to 300 of 69,914 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tales of Agartha: the Avalon Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.