Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

The Avalon Chronicles

Game Master lynora

This is a high level rules light game set in a school for magical kids, kinda a mash-up of Soul Eater, Harry Potter, and X-Men. :)


151 to 200 of 64,749 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

School Rule #1: Don't f@c< with the Janitor.

Nasima, thanks for the vote of confidence. :)


Male Kobold Expert 6/Rogue 4/Fighter 3

Vakkler shakily reloads his crossbow. He raises it to eye level, and fires twice. One bolt misses, but the first shot strikes true.
1d8 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17


Hmm.. tempting as it is to say you don't understand it, you are a historian of warfare so... Let's call it Sirokan. It's supposed to be a dead language. I think Ryleh could tell you who used to speak it using this dialect.

First thing I said was an expletive beginning with 'f' and then I said. the following.

"Go, now!" and "Find Ryo!"


The elemental is barely hanging on, starting to dissolve a little at the edges.


Male Kobold (Young Adult Black dragon) Gestalt Sorceror/Oracle 16 Necromancer; Champion of Death

Utters phrases to un-do dweomers in Infernal
Targeted dispel on Ephebe:
1d20 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16 Dispel check.
OMG @ the nat 1


Don't know if you want to give others a chance but if not...

Concerned over how hard Shadow Elemental residue may be to remove, the Janitor goes for a 'clean sweep' of the problem, swiping the acid-coated mop across the creature's 'legs' with his quavering battle cry: "Out, damn spot!"

Betsy + Perfect Strike + Elemental Assault

HIT: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19 OR HIT: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15
DAM (stand): 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
DAM (acid): +1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Was male... Formerly, kobold Bonded advanced skeletal companion

Swings at the remaining elemental
Attack (Power Attack)
1d20 + 19 ⇒ (7) + 19 = 26
Damage (Vital strike)
4d6 + 18 ⇒ (1, 5, 4, 6) + 18 = 34
If affected
1d6 ⇒ 1 negative energy


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6

Ephebe gasps and shudders as the spell is finally released. She starts crying and babbling.

"The Hunter...<sob>...always watching...<sob>..."


Male Kobold Expert 6/Rogue 4/Fighter 3

Vakkler sighs and slowly gets up. "Ow...that's going to smart." He turns to where he knows Ephebe and the others to be. "Where in the Underdark did all that fog come from?"


The elemental stumbled away from Mr Sinh's mop straight into H'tor's sword dissipating into harmless curls of shadow as calm returns once more to the cafeteria. There's no sign of the dark eyed boy who started this.


Was male... Formerly, kobold Bonded advanced skeletal companion

As the last enemy falls, H'Tor sheathes the greatsword somewhere on his person beneath his robe, and immediately heads to Krays, who tells him he is fine. H'Tor playfully smacks the horn ridge on his head nad returns to the hallway


Male Kobold (Young Adult Black dragon) Gestalt Sorceror/Oracle 16 Necromancer; Champion of Death

Chuckles at the departing H'Tor, then relaxes and turns to the group
"I hope there won't be a quiz later..." He looks at Ephebe and Nashima.
"You two...ok?"


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6

Ephebe nods shakily.

"Thanks, Nasima. I'm glad you stayed with me," she said, sniffling a bit as her tears started to slow.


Salad, tater-tots, enchiladas and sugary drinks litter the floor. Mr. Sinh surveys the cafeteria a little sadly and sighs at the janitorial nightmare. Gastronomic Armageddon.

He looks to Vakkler and the students. "Glad to see you are all alright." Without saying more, he begins the long clean-up by deploying his Caution: Wet Floor signs and swiping his acid soaked mop across the worst of the spills.


Male Dhampir Champion of Darkness, Order of the Gunslinger initiate

"Who was that?" Asch says as he snaps his caster open causing the used shell to drop to the floor.


Hearing the light ping of the spent shell hitting the floor, Mr. Sinh glances over at Asch... then the shell... then Asch again. "I hope you're planning on picking that up."


Male Dhampir Champion of Darkness, Order of the Gunslinger initiate

Asch raises an eyebrow at Sinh then looks at all the destroyed furniture. The shell then raises off the ground and lands in the trash bin. While the shell moves towards the trash he slides his glasses back on.


Mr. Sinh smiles, "Thanks very much." and returns to his mopping.


Male Kobold (Young Adult Black dragon) Gestalt Sorceror/Oracle 16 Necromancer; Champion of Death

To Ephebe "Good, good..."
Krays looks around and observes the damage, and his stomach growls
"I just wanted a little food..."


F Sylph

With a twirling little wave and a whispered "...thanks!" Nasima dissipates the fog and lets the wind go back to what it was doing. She stands up and then helps Ephebe do the same, giving the other girl a squeeze on the shoulder. "It was no problem. I mean, I just...I wish I could do more, you know?" She pauses. "But I'm glad I could help at all."

"Is the sort of thing...common, here? And where's that kid? The one with the spooky eyes that started all this?" 'Sima is looking around, trying to spot him.

I honestly lost track in the postflurry we had, there; did the instigator of all this get destroyed or just vanish or what? Nasima would like a word with him if he's still around.


Male Kobold Expert 6/Rogue 4/Fighter 3

The fellow who started all this summoned some elementals, then vanished.


F Sylph

Unable to spot the troublemaker, 'Sima makes a face, then plunks down in a chair.


Mr. Sinh continues his mopping and cleaning but casts frequent concerned glances at the students and the wounded professor. He debates involving himself more. Being new to the school, and neither a student nor faculty, he wonders where the line is drawn. Support staff tend to be invisible - no magic necessary.

Against his better judgment, he pauses, leans on his mop, and regards the dispirited Sylph girl. "Miss? Somethin' I can help you with?"


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6
Nasima Shearskye wrote:

With a twirling little wave and a whispered "...thanks!" Nasima dissipates the fog and lets the wind go back to what it was doing. She stands up and then helps Ephebe do the same, giving the other girl a squeeze on the shoulder. "It was no problem. I mean, I just...I wish I could do more, you know?" She pauses. "But I'm glad I could help at all."

"Is the sort of thing...common, here? And where's that kid? The one with the spooky eyes that started all this?" 'Sima is looking around, trying to spot him.

Ephebe looked seriously spooked. "No, not necessarily. Yes. Well, trouble is common. So many kids with special abilities. It's kinda inevitable. But not trouble like that. The kid you saw...he's been stalking me since last term. But he's never actually attacked before. This is bad. This is really bad."


Male Half-Celestial Wolf N/A
Ephebe wrote:
Ephebe looked seriously spooked. "No, not necessarily. Yes. Well, trouble is common. So many kids with special abilities. It's kinda inevitable. But not trouble like that. The kid you saw...he's been stalking me since last term. But he's never actually attacked before. This is bad. This is really bad."

Hooray for missing everything of note again. Glad to see I still have the touch (^.^)

Rune nuzzles up to Ephebe and gives her hand a reassuring lick as the doors to the cafeteria burst open...


Male Elven (reincarnated - originally Human) Fighter 5 / Wizard 10 / Arcane Gunslinger 10 / Arcane Gunmaster 5

His duster snapping behind in the wake of his rapid entry, a tall elven man makes a beeline for Ephebe. Under the duster he wears some type of odd armored bodysuit, with a low-slung belt in which is holstered a Caster somewhat similar in design to Asch's.

Not seeing any more immediate threat, he puts his hands on her shoulders protectively.

"Sweety, are you alright? What did he do to you?"


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6

"I'm okay, Dad," she said, shakily. "He...he cast some kind of fear spell on me. I was frozen. I couldn't move even a little. And then he set shadow elementals on the cafeteria. I think they were supposed to be a distraction. I...I don't know what exactly he was trying to do, but I don't think it's a good thing that he's moved to open attacks."


Male Kobold (Young Adult Black dragon) Gestalt Sorceror/Oracle 16 Necromancer; Champion of Death

Looks concerned
"This boy is a known...threat?"


Male Elven (reincarnated - originally Human) Fighter 5 / Wizard 10 / Arcane Gunslinger 10 / Arcane Gunmaster 5

"It would appear that he is now," he answers, his voice taking on a harder edge.

"Ryo should be here any minute. Then we're probably going to have a little sit-down in the office," he says as he gives Ephebe a quick hug.

"As for the rest of you," he says, turning his attention fully to the other students around him, "tell me everything else that happened here."


Male Dhampir Champion of Darkness, Order of the Gunslinger initiate

Asch slides the two guns he had drawn from behind his back when he realizes that the person who had just come in isn't a threat. "I just want to say before I get blamed for this I didn't start anything this time. All I know is I came in her with her while looking for Amada." He says as he nods towards Ephebe. "Then she suddenly ducked underneath a table then we saw that annoying prick who started all this. Attacked us unprovoked I might add. Though I'm not complaining it was a nice warm up. He says with a yawn. Once again revealing his fangs which seem to have grown longer possibly from all the excitement at the prospect of a good fight.

And yes he likes the reaction he gets when people realize what he is....or at least what they think he is.
-
And to give you an idea as to what he looks like His hair is black with red highlights spiked. His eyes are a disturbing red reminiscent of fresh blood. Both ears are pierced in the lobe and midway up the ear. He wears a sleeveless vest underneath his trench coat. Black fingerless gloves and metal reinforced boots


Male Kobold (Young Adult Black dragon) Gestalt Sorceror/Oracle 16 Necromancer; Champion of Death

Shrugs
"Not...much to say, Sir. The kid said something to Mr. Relkav, then the dark ones appeared. They began to break the lunch place, we fought them. They're no more."
Looks to Ephebe
"A dispel dweomer fixed her scared."


Male Elven (reincarnated - originally Human) Fighter 5 / Wizard 10 / Arcane Gunslinger 10 / Arcane Gunmaster 5
Asch Redgrave wrote:
Asch slides the two guns he had drawn from behind his back when he realizes that the person who had just come in isn't a threat.

Assuming he's already applied those two levels of Arcane Gunslinger (nothing in the Profile for me to verify that yet), Asch would know who this is, as Tamrin is his 'master'. The way you wrote it sounds like Asch doesn't recognize him.

If he hasn't applied the levels yet, then he wouldn't have a Caster. Unless he took it off of somebody, that is...


Male Dhampir Champion of Darkness, Order of the Gunslinger initiate
Tamrin - Gunslinger of Tomorrow wrote:
Asch Redgrave wrote:
Asch slides the two guns he had drawn from behind his back when he realizes that the person who had just come in isn't a threat.

Assuming he's already applied those two levels of Arcane Gunslinger (nothing in the Profile for me to verify that yet), Asch would know who this is, as Tamrin is his 'master'. The way you wrote it sounds like Asch doesn't recognize him.

If he hasn't applied the levels yet, then he wouldn't have a Caster. Unless he took it off of somebody, that is...

That was reactionary to the doors being opened. He just finished fighting the shadows and his bloodlust was up so when he heard the doors open he pulled out guns. When he saw who it was he put them away. Sorry if it was confusing. As part of his vampiric heritage once he gets in a fight he has to calm himself down or he loses it. Normally Amada brings him back but she isn't in the cafeteria. Though when she shows up and sees the destruction in here Asch has some explaining to do.


Male Elven (reincarnated - originally Human) Fighter 5 / Wizard 10 / Arcane Gunslinger 10 / Arcane Gunmaster 5
Krays wrote:

Shrugs

"Not...much to say, Sir. The kid said something to Mr. Reklev, then the dark ones appeared. They began to break the lunch place, we fought them. They're no more."
Looks to Ephebe
"A dispel dweomer fixed her scared."

"Okay....and what attacks had the most effect on these 'shadow elementals', if any? What kind of tactics did they use when they engaged you? Were any other students injured or even touched by them?" he asks Krays, counting off each question on his fingers as he asks them.

"All of those questions need to be answered, on the assumption that we will be seeing more of them in the near future. So I think there is quite a bit more to say, Mister....?"


Male Elven (reincarnated - originally Human) Fighter 5 / Wizard 10 / Arcane Gunslinger 10 / Arcane Gunmaster 5
Asch Redgrave wrote:
That was reactionary to the doors being opened. He just finished fighting the shadows and his bloodlust was up so when he heard the doors open he pulled out guns. When he saw who it was he put them away. Sorry if it was confusing. As part of his vampiric heritage once he gets in a fight he has to calm himself down or he loses it. Normally Amada brings him back but she isn't in the cafeteria. Though when she shows up and sees the destruction in here Asch has some explaining to do.

Roger that. Just checking :)


Male Kobold (Young Adult Black dragon) Gestalt Sorceror/Oracle 16 Necromancer; Champion of Death

His eyes go wide and stammers a bit
"S-Sorry sir! Umm...they were dead too fast to see tactics. I used searing light dweomer and it had good effect. H'Tor used his sword to good effect, his points to Asch...weapons....hurt it, and so did Mr. Relkav's weapon. No one else was in it or was hurt that I was seeing, sir!" He pauses for a second then adds"Krays, sir! I am called Krays!"
EDIT:
"Oh and the custodian hit one with his mop, too sir."


Male Dhampir Champion of Darkness, Order of the Gunslinger initiate

"There wasn't much need for tactics they were just simple summons and only two of them at that." Asch says as he leans against the wall.


Male Elven (reincarnated - originally Human) Fighter 5 / Wizard 10 / Arcane Gunslinger 10 / Arcane Gunmaster 5
Krays wrote:

His eyes go wide and stammers a bit

"S-Sorry sir! Umm...they were dead too fast to see tactics. I used searing light dweomer and it had good effect. H'Tor used his sword to good effect, his points to Asch...weapons....hurt it, and so did Mr. Relkav's weapon. No one else was in it or was hurt that I was seeing, sir!" He pauses for a second then adds"Krays, sir! I am called Krays!"
EDIT:
"Oh and the custodian hit one with his mop, too sir."

"Mister Krays....thank you for those details," he replies, the edge on his voice receding. "Does anyone else have any details to add to Mister Krys' account?" as his gaze falls on the other students in turn.


Male Elven (reincarnated - originally Human) Fighter 5 / Wizard 10 / Arcane Gunslinger 10 / Arcane Gunmaster 5
Asch Redgrave wrote:
"There wasn't much need for tactics they were just simple summons and only two of them at that." Asch says as he leans against the wall.

"There's usually a need for some form of tact in whatever we do, Mr. Redgrave," he says with a raised eyebrow and the barest hint of a smile.

"I wasn't asking about your tactics...yet. I was asking what tactics the elementals used against all of you. 'Know your enemy', and all that..." :)


Male Dhampir Champion of Darkness, Order of the Gunslinger initiate

"If you say so. They seemed to be a distraction if you ask me. They spent more time throwing chairs and tables at non combatants rather than defending themselves."


Male Elven (reincarnated - originally Human) Fighter 5 / Wizard 10 / Arcane Gunslinger 10 / Arcane Gunmaster 5
Asch Redgrave wrote:
"If you say so. They seemed to be a distraction if you ask me. They spent more time throwing chairs and tables at non combatants rather than defending themselves."

"To allow our 'guest' to slip away unnoticed in the confusion before anybody else could show up. Or to do something else entirely," he says with a nod as he looks over in the general area where the boy was.


Male Kobold (Young Adult Black dragon) Gestalt Sorceror/Oracle 16 Necromancer; Champion of Death

"Is this place not protected from...unwanted...extra-planar activity, sir?"


F Sylph

Nasima looks up at Mr. Sinh. "I...I'm fine. I just wanted us to be able to find out why that kid did all this." She sweeps her arms out to encompass the mess and destruction. "I mean, really. Plus I wish I could have helped more, I guess." she gives a little shrug, then looks at Betsy while Ephebe provides her explanation. "So, all that, plus now you have to clean all this, and that's dumb too. Whoever that kid was he makes me mad." A thunderous look comes over her face, then.

After Krays and Asch and the rest go over their parts in things, Nasima looks shyly up at Tamrin. "Uh...I...well, sir, I hid under a table with your daughter and just tried to help keep her calm. Well, I mean she was calm 'cos she was frozen in place by that spell, but it wasn't really actually probably calm so much as, um, so I just kind of held her and tried to...uh...yeah." She looks mortified as she sees everyone else looking at her, all with their spells and their guns and their swords and, uh...mops.... "Yeah basically I hid under a table." and I wish I still was


Male Elven (reincarnated - originally Human) Fighter 5 / Wizard 10 / Arcane Gunslinger 10 / Arcane Gunmaster 5
Krays wrote:
"Is this place not protected from...unwanted...extra-planar activity, sir?"

"It is indeed. Which makes this situation all the more...interesting," he says with a sigh.


A nervous crack of thunder peals across the sky, distant but ominous.


Male Elven (reincarnated - originally Human) Fighter 5 / Wizard 10 / Arcane Gunslinger 10 / Arcane Gunmaster 5
Nasima Shearskye wrote:

Nasima looks up at Mr. Sinh. "I...I'm fine. I just wanted us to be able to find out why that kid did all this." She sweeps her arms out to encompass the mess and destruction. "I mean, really. Plus I wish I could have helped more, I guess." she gives a little shrug, then looks at Betsy while Ephebe provides her explanation. "So, all that, plus now you have to clean all this, and that's dumb too. Whoever that kid was he makes me mad." A thunderous look comes over her face, then.

After Krays and Asch and the rest go over their parts in things, Nasima looks shyly up at Tamrin. "Uh...I...well, sir, I hid under a table with your daughter and just tried to help keep her calm. Well, I mean she was calm 'cos she was frozen in place by that spell, but it wasn't really actually probably calm so much as, um, so I just kind of held her and tried to...uh...yeah." She looks mortified. "Yeah basically I hid under a table."

"No ma'am - you stayed with my daughter to protect her while your classmates made sure those things (and that boy) didn't get near her. And I'm grateful to all of you for keeping her safe. Thank you," he says with a warm smile and sincerity in his voice.

"Now, we should probably make our way to the headmaster's offices. I have a feeling he will want to hear all about this turn of events..."


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6

"Don't sell yourself short, 'Sima. You helped a ton. I....I think that there's a chance he would have used that distraction to...well, I think he was planning to kidnap me. But he couldn't because you were with me the whole time."


Male Kobold (Young Adult Black dragon) Gestalt Sorceror/Oracle 16 Necromancer; Champion of Death

Follows Tamrin to the headmaster's office


Was male... Formerly, kobold Bonded advanced skeletal companion

Follows Krays once he enters the hallway


Following on Ephebe's words, Sinh nods at 'Sima, "There you go, Miss. You did more good than you know; that's often the case. Don't fret."

He casts an eye towards Tamrin and bobs his head, "Beggin' your pardon, Master. Didn't mean to interrupt your investigation." The janitor quickly returns to his work.

151 to 200 of 64,749 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tales of Agartha: the Avalon Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.