Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

The Avalon Chronicles

Game Master lynora

This is a high level rules light game set in a school for magical kids, kinda a mash-up of Soul Eater, Harry Potter, and X-Men. :)


19,801 to 19,850 of 69,544 << first < prev | 392 | 393 | 394 | 395 | 396 | 397 | 398 | 399 | 400 | 401 | 402 | next > last >>

Slipping past his little cousins and their new friends, Lysander walks to a usually over-looked part of the garden, tucked away in the southern corner. It was a lengthy walk to be sure, but he considered it worth it.

Standing in front of the small pond, Lysander looked around and was surprised yet again how much this place reminded him of a special place back home - the first oasis he'd ever seen. Without realizing it, he recreates that oasis, right down to the strange, insect-like creatures that lived in it. He relaxes as one lands on his outstretched hand and just enjoys his ancient memory.


Female Half-elf Gestalt Sorcerer6/Dragon Disciple9 // Rogue (Swashbuckler)8/Duelist7

Vai exults as she swoops away from the panic and chaos both her and Kitty had wreaked on the two allied Kingdoms. There was a stinging in her left side, a spear jutting out from her flank, just underneath her wing.. Kitty seemed to be okay. "Okay, that was fun, but we should probably go tell everyone that these two are working together."


Image (doesn't have wings)

"Yeah, you're right. Hang on a sec, try and fly as stady as you can," Kitty said before she started climbing down the saddle strap, dangling off of it by her tail as she reached out to grab the spear and pull it out.

"Sorry, if that hurt!" she yelled, hanging on for dear life as Vai's instinctive jerk knocked her dangerously around. On her third attempt she was able to get to a safer perch and clamber back into the saddle.

"Okay, now we're good to go!"


Male Half-Elf

Forest Castle

"Amazing work, Skivven." Michael comments as he watches the small ratfolk work. He lays out a genetic blueprint for his secondary defensive line. "Here's the plans I've got so far. You can see where I've added the DNA of a darkmantle here, but I know there is more we can add to make this more effective."


Forest/Mountain Path

Collecting her spear again, Belyu swings it a bit trying to get the blood off. Success in that uncertain, she starts stabbing at squirrels with vicious accuracy.

If only they stayed after she stabbed them, she could probably find someone to cook them...


Male Ratfolk Grenadier 8/ Shadow Illusionist 5 + PF Savant 3
Michael Dacamara wrote:

Forest Castle

"Amazing work, Skivven." Michael comments as he watches the small ratfolk work. He lays out a genetic blueprint for his secondary defensive line. "Here's the plans I've got so far. You can see where I've added the DNA of a darkmantle here, but I know there is more we can add to make this more effective."

Skivven looks over the plans, brow furrowed in contemplation.

Needs way to get close, to soft in open, to much movement for surprise....
He takes up a piece of chalk and begins to sketch a design on the wall, little eyes shining brightly as a plan comes to the fore.


Male Half-Elf

Forest Castle

"What if we alter this to copy how a darkmantle hunts? No one will suspect something is wrong until it's already too late and they can't see. With your knowledge of disease we could easily add that in as an added attack."


Female Half-elf Gestalt Sorcerer6/Dragon Disciple9 // Rogue (Swashbuckler)8/Duelist7

"Thank you Kitty." Vai says in response to the spear being pulled from her side.

Island

Vai and Kitty land in the center of the Island camp, Vai gives Kitty time to dismount before shifting back to her half-elven form, the straps of the saddle falling around her. She takes a good 20 seconds to catch her breath. Her transformations were getting longer and longer, but they were still very draining.


Female Elf Gestalt Sorcerer (Starsoul) 16/Oracle (Heavens) 16

Island

Tyrrin watched the blue dragon with her rider enter the camp in what seemed like a rush. Moving away from the table with the maps they had been able to chart thus far, Tyrrin walks towards them. They were supposed to be on patrol. Her keen eyes spot a wound in the dragon's flank - small though it is - and Tyrrin's pace quickens.

"What happenned?" Tyrrin calls out to Kitty, as it seems that Vai was focused on her on business.


Razule looked at the tavern, Annie's Axe, with a tourist's eye. It was a nice enough looking place, fairly new but still a little weather-worn. One window was new, evidence of a recent bar fight. The tavern itself was only one third of the way full, indicating this time of day wasn't the busiest. A pity.

Next he looked at it with a trained thief's eye. There was a door in the alley that didn't appear locked. The roof was slightly higher, no more than a few inches, than the other building nearby and had a well-hidden hatch on one side. It was likely that was were the rooftop runners got in and out. The windows on the bottom floor weren't unusual, but the ones on the second floor had bars in front of them. The bars themselves Annie likely stayed in those. The bars' dullness told Raz they were acid resistant, so melting them to get in wasn't an option. He'd have to do this the old fashioned way.

He walked in a ordered a drink, smiling at the elf behind the bar. She hadn't changed a bit. Of course, what was twenty years to an elf?

"You look familiar, do I know you?" She asked.

"Maybe once, Annastirna Nalioye, when I was a child." He watched as her eyes widened. Only her thieves knew her real name. Who was this man? None of her former 'children' would be so well dressed. They were dead or locked up. All of them except...

"Razule." She said, shocked. She'd been told some man in red had caught him picking a pocket and sent him away.

"Only two people get to call me that, and you aren't one of them anymore." Raz replied, flashing a dagger. "It's a nice little headquarters you've got her. Would be a shame for it to get wrecked."

"If you really are Razule, you know better than to threaten me."

"One of your kids would, maybe, but I'm not one of yours anymore." He takes a vial from his sleeve and sets it gently on the bar. "Call me Razule just one more time, and this place burns. I know enough to expose you to the city guard and get several of your former thieves in prison let out. They would likely get a say in how you are punished for your crimes."

"You wouldn't dare." She snarled, keeping her voice down so her legitimate patrons don't hear. Raz just chuckles lightly.

"Already did. You're getting slow, Annie. You didn't even notice when I nicked your finger with the dagger. Nice little paralysis poison on it too. Numbs the cut so you can't feel it."

"You.. bast..." The elven thief struggled to say. The poison was already working it's way through her blood stream, keeping her in place while Raz sipped his drink and watched for the guard. For once, they weren't late. Raz had just pulled a thorn from their side with his information, and had gotten a lot of innocent children out of slavery disguised as caring. He remembered just how loyal he and his crew had been to her, and realized that loyalty was the reason he had waited so long to do this. Even now, even after so many years, Raz was still a guttersnipe at heart...

True to his word, he went to the town square to meet the now ex-thieves. There were a lot more than he had expected, but it made sense since the Axe had been such a large tavern. He explained Avalon in detail and how they wouldn't have to be criminals anymore. Far more than he liked left at that, preferring the life of a thief, but he didn't try to stop them. Unlike Annie, he wouldn't take their choice away. Still, Avalon had near fifteen new students, all with some strange talent or another, carefully nurtured by Annie to better suit her purposes. None of her thieves were without something that would have landed them in Avalon eventually.

Feeling both drained and somehow feeling much lighter, Raz began the walk back to Avalon, a whole class' worth of new students following him.

He kept wondering if Ephebe was going to be okay with her teaching job once she knew how many more she'd be teaching...


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6

It was beyond naive of me to think that I'd have time to plan things out before we were inundated with students wasn't it?


Yep. Good thing we got another teacher for the little ones, huh? :) You like though? I added more to a character! :)


Image (doesn't have wings)
Tyrrin Denulia wrote:

Island

Tyrrin watched the blue dragon with her rider enter the camp in what seemed like a rush. Moving away from the table with the maps they had been able to chart thus far, Tyrrin walks towards them. They were supposed to be on patrol. Her keen eyes spot a wound in the dragon's flank - small though it is - and Tyrrin's pace quickens.

"What happenned?" Tyrrin calls out to Kitty, as it seems that Vai was focused on her on business.

"The Forest and Mountain kingdoms have allied together. We saw them moving a lot of stuff back and forth across the border. We made a little trouble for them. Hopefully enough to lure them into attacking us, but that remains to be seen. One of them got Vai with a spear, but I don't think it's a severe injury. Still should have it healed just in case."


*looks at Ephebe, looks at new students inbound*

Hmm....

*goes back to hiding in the garden*


Agarthian Storyteller wrote:
Yep. Good thing we got another teacher for the little ones, huh? :) You like though? I added more to a character! :)

I like. It works. And this is how Avalon works. Figure it out on the job, there's never a spare moment for planning. :P

And with two teachers we can probably manage for a little bit. I think. With some other people pitching in part time for specials. I think 'student teaching' just became a necessary course. :)


Image

A fox darted across the sand and then transformed into a pretty teenage boy. He glared at Ignace and at Tyga. "Let's get one thing straight, I am not a babysitting service. I'll show you to the camp and then I'm done with you. The end. We are not going to be friends. Now that that's out of the way, follow me."


narrator wrote:
With some other people pitching in part time for specials.

I won't do it and you can't make me. :p


"The bubble machine is ready!" Tal yells as he bounces past in a large bubble, grinning like a madman as he ricochets off a tree.


Warforged Engineer Alchemist 16/Armiger 16 Champion of Creation

:O

I haven't seen updates on my page for this in quite a while. Looks like I've got a lot to catch up on.


Female Elf Gestalt Sorcerer (Starsoul) 16/Oracle (Heavens) 16

Island

"Allied? Hm. That's not good. Luckily for us, we found that stock of magic equipment." Tyrrin says, a concerned look on her face. "Well, I think I should call the generals together, they'll want to hear about this." Tyrrin off-handedly casts a healing spell on the injured Vai.

Tyrrin calls upon the other generals to discuss the situation, and any change in plans that it might entail.

"Well, as far as I'm concerned, we should try to reach out to Desert kingdom. If those two are going to ally, I don't see any reason why we shouldn't. The only other option I see is guerrilla tactics to weaken them. We have a pair of dragons. We should use them for more than scouting."


Image

Island

"The risk we have with that is that the other teams have dragons too. Presumably. Jiminy Sunwake is on one of these teams. And Krays. So we've got two dragons to contend with and some serious loyalty issues since they're family to the ones on our team."

"Still, Vai did prove that a quick strafing run could be effective as long as the person doesn't get caught...."

"I think I have an idea as well. If you can get me access to some of our enemies, I can use my abilities to make them be agents for us. I'm not entirely comfortable with this since it's definitely sketchy from a moral standpoint. But it's a quick way to get spies in the enemy camp."

"And I think allying with Desert is a good idea if we can manage it."


Island

Artorius shakes his head "They are young dragons, which means they are not very powerful yet, also they are very easy to spot. Might as well use them when enemies attack us if you want people to go weaken the enemy send my Uncle with four or five others. As for allying ourselves that is assuming the Desert Kingdom wants an ally at all."


Female Elf Gestalt Sorcerer (Starsoul) 16/Oracle (Heavens) 16

Island

"As far as Desert wanting to ally with us:" Tyrrin replied to Artorius. "They have demonstrated a similar minded strategy to ours, except that they focus more on evasion rather than defense. The main problem is setting up an alliance with Desert is that we have no way of contacting them. As for your uncle... what we need most is hit and run. I don't know how quickly he is able to move, especially in that armor, but unless he can teleport it won't be as quick as a dragon young or otherwise. We must be careful, however, of not becoming predictable by only attacking from the air."

"Nala, I believe the point of this whole excercise is partly for us to realize that, during a War, morally questionable tactics are sometimes neccessary to protect those who are relying on us. If you can create agents in the enemy camp, all the better for us."

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (18) + 24 = 42

"However... if you have a personal problem with it, then I won't press the point, Nala. There are lines that shouldn't be crossed."


Island
"He can teleport as well as move quickly." Artorius answers.


M Advanced Axiomite Gestalt 16 Inquisiter/Swashbuckler(ToS)

Island

"If we do not get an alliance with the Desert kingdom, are we going to try to get one with the forest/mountain kingdoms? Or do we send emmisaries to both at the same time?"


Forest

After getting back to the castle, Belyu goes looking for Jiminy.

"The trade route was attacked by a blue dragon and a tiefling girl. Pretty sure it was the Island Kingdom, since we caught them trying to spy. What do you want to do about it?"

You still around, Katie? The bubbles are ready for all kinds of bouncing fun!


Having been following quietly behind Jiminy, Roland scratches his chin as he considers the idea of alliances. “If we can ally with other nations, is there any particular reason we can’t ally all four and end this peacefully?” He wonders aloud.

“Perhaps I’m just being silly, but isn’t what the headmaster wants is for us to learn to work together? Imagine if we go the peaceful route, as one united nation we students will have all four territories and will not have lost a single warrior, sounds like a great victory to me, and we would be at full strength for whatever theoretical challenge would await us after. When fighting a long war it is important to conserve strength not just to defeat the foe you can see, but also the one lurking beyond the horizon.”


Image

Jiminy grinned. "It's like you're reading my mind, Roland...honestly, there's already been a few casualties, but for the most part that's how I expect this to play out. I hope. We've had two attacks by the Island kingdom now, including this new attack by my sister....I'm guessing they're where most of the really martially minded folks ended up. Whether we can negotiate peace with them or not remains to be seen. So. Alright, since they're being so hostile, before we send an envoy to the Island kingdom, let's send one to the Desert kingdom. See if we can consolidate the land before dealing with them. In the meantime, have Jim start working on coastal defenses. Feel like being an emissary of peace, Roland?"


Image
Tyrrin Denulia wrote:

Island

"However... if you have a personal problem with it, then I won't press the point, Nala. There are lines that shouldn't be crossed."

Nala grimaced. "I know that from a tactical perspective it makes sense, but...I did a lot of things that were wrong before I knew they were wrong. Repeating those mistakes now that I know better...I don't think I can live with that. But I can make a big difference in getting folks to surrender without a fight. I don't think charming someone into setting down their weapons in order to prevent bloodshed is morally wrong."

"Thank you for understanding."


Image
Velvarmisan Shephord wrote:

Island

"If we do not get an alliance with the Desert kingdom, are we going to try to get one with the forest/mountain kingdoms? Or do we send emmisaries to both at the same time?"

"Well....can it hurt to send emissaries to both? The worst thing they can do is say no."


“Whatever you need, boss.” Roland replies to Jiminy with a grin. “Where would you like me to go first?”


Oh wait, bad reading comprehension when I'm tired=). Better question you haven't already answered:

"Is there any specific approach would you like me to take Jiminy? The end goal is to get us to all be allied and my natural approach would be a 'come on guys, we are all friends, let's work together!' attitude but if that doesn't work for you I can try something else." Roland inquires.


M Advanced Advanced Serpentfolk 20 Order of the Tome Musketeer(Cavalier archtype)/Telepath/ 2 Psionic Gunslinger

After completing some other projects he had,and having no students around Morgssan goes to practice at the range.


Female Elf Gestalt Sorcerer (Starsoul) 16/Oracle (Heavens) 16
Nala Zamarosok wrote:
Velvarmisan Shephord wrote:

Island

"If we do not get an alliance with the Desert kingdom, are we going to try to get one with the forest/mountain kingdoms? Or do we send emmisaries to both at the same time?"

"Well....can it hurt to send emissaries to both? The worst thing they can do is say no."

Island

"I think hoping for a peaceful solution kinda goes against the spirit of this... simulation." Tyrrin paused. She didn't want to seem bloodthirsty, but only a couple people on the Island side knew the scale of the potential enemy arrayed against them. "However, perhaps the Headmaster needs to be shown that we can work together as a team, rather than taking this opportunity to vent our feelings."


Female Half-elf Gestalt Sorcerer6/Dragon Disciple9 // Rogue (Swashbuckler)8/Duelist7

Island

Vai was finally recovered. And hungry. "So..." she says to Kitty, "Hopefully you are okay with dragons after all that." Vai smiles weakly. She had noticed a couple frightened glances from her teammates.


Image
Roland Agape wrote:

Oh wait, bad reading comprehension when I'm tired=). Better question you haven't already answered:

"Is there any specific approach would you like me to take Jiminy? The end goal is to get us to all be allied and my natural approach would be a 'come on guys, we are all friends, let's work together!' attitude but if that doesn't work for you I can try something else." Roland inquires.

"I'd just try and appeal to their practical sides. Even if it's not real, dying in the game will hurt a lot. And this will just drag on and on and on and on if we can't find a solution."


Image
Tyrrin Denulia wrote:
Nala Zamarosok wrote:
Velvarmisan Shephord wrote:

Island

"If we do not get an alliance with the Desert kingdom, are we going to try to get one with the forest/mountain kingdoms? Or do we send emmisaries to both at the same time?"

"Well....can it hurt to send emissaries to both? The worst thing they can do is say no."

Island

"I think hoping for a peaceful solution kinda goes against the spirit of this... simulation." Tyrrin paused. She didn't want to seem bloodthirsty, but only a couple people on the Island side knew the scale of the potential enemy arrayed against them. "However, perhaps the Headmaster needs to be shown that we can work together as a team, rather than taking this opportunity to vent our feelings."

"I think that it's worth trying. And if it doesn't work, maybe we can convince the other teams to work with us to set up a sort of combat system, like with an arena or something. Each side appoints a champion and whichever side's champion wins then that team is the winner. Like a tournament or something. That at least avoids the unpleasantness of free for all combat."


Female Elf Gestalt Sorcerer (Starsoul) 16/Oracle (Heavens) 16

"Very well. Best that we should go now. Since we can't find the Desert, I shall teleport to the Forest Kingdom now. Wish me luck." With a quick cast, Tyrrin vanishes, appearing the center of the Forest kingdom, near to the stronghold.


Male Elf Bard 14/Sorcerer (Maestro) 14

Tyrrin? Ehos quickly assumes a defensive formation, drawing his bow. Tyrrin was a powerful caster, he couldn't take any risks, drawing an arrow immediately and knocking it...


Female Elf Gestalt Sorcerer (Starsoul) 16/Oracle (Heavens) 16

"I'm not hear to fight!" Tyrrin calls out. "Island nation doesn't want to fight any more than you do. We don't want a War that was forced on us." Hopefully that should give her enough time to elaborate.

Feel free to step in.


Male Human (Mole Zoanthrope) 16 Monk/Ninja

"She's telling the truth..." a disembodied voice says, before appearing near Ehos with a hand on his shoulder.
"I will call for Jiminy. Do not try anything, be calm."

::Jiminy. Another peace envoy, the island nation.::


Image

Island

Nala sighed. "Well, so much for delegation."


Image (doesn't have wings)

Island

Kitty smiled. "Do I look nervous to you? I'll admit the fangs and claws are a little intimidating at first, but it's okay. I'm over it. Those guys just take longer to figure things out." ^.^


Image

Forest/Mountain Alliance

::Interesting choice of timing considering. Be right there.::

Jiminy teleported in and raised an eyebrow at Tyrrin. She was newish, but she definitely hadn't made a lot of friends since she came here.
"I'm listening."


Jiminy, Prankster of the Future wrote:

"I'd just try and appeal to their practical sides. Even if it's not real, dying in the game will hurt a lot. And this will just drag on and on and on and on if we can't find a solution."

Roland nods in agreement than teleports after Jiminy when he leaves to watch his back with the new arrival.


Female Elf Gestalt Sorcerer (Starsoul) 16/Oracle (Heavens) 16

Forest

"Ah, Mr. Sunwake. I believe I have had the pleasure of meeting your sisters. Both members of the Island nation. I apologized for the unprovoked attack on both your nation and your ally. They were... overzealous. But it caused us to realize that this War isn't one that needs to be fought. The Headmaster may wish for us to experience a true War, but all this simulation will do is pit one student against another. Animosity will not help us if the enemy we fear comes down on us." Tyrrin paused to collect her thoughts. She could still sense the weapons levelled at her.

"What the Island nation suggests is, rather than fighting amongst ourselves, we show the Headmaster that we are a group which can be united, despite the many differences of the students."


Female Half-elf Gestalt Sorcerer6/Dragon Disciple9 // Rogue (Swashbuckler)8/Duelist7

Island

Vai can't help but smile at Kitty. Maybe things would be okay. Maybe people could come to accept her, so that she could fly free in the sky over Agartha. "I'm starving after that flight, let's go find some food." Vai changes the subject, not wanting Kitty to worry on it.


Image

Ack! My x new went away! I didn't see that there were new posts! Well, it's just as well. No one wanted me to be posting yesterday anyhow. The lack of oxygen was contributing to the inability to think in coherent sentences. Dang cold.

Jiminy grinned. "Well, it's good to know that Vai and Pheebs ended up on the same team. I was a little worried about Vai. She's pretty shy with strangers."
He shrugged. "It's a war game. Can't blame folks for treating it as such. But yeah, I agree. Fighting among ourselves....it just feels wrong. I was actually going to send an envoy to you guys shortly anyhow. We're more than glad to accept an alliance. Why don't we sit down and discuss terms."

Before Tyrrin could even respond there was suddenly a pavilion with a table and comfortable chairs right behind them. "Let me know if you'd like some refreshments. Please, make yourself comfortable. I have a feeling this may take a while."

"Roland, thanks man, but I can handle this now. I think the sooner you get to the desert kingdom to offer terms the better."


Image (doesn't have wings)
Vai Sunwake wrote:

Island

Vai can't help but smile at Kitty. Maybe things would be okay. Maybe people could come to accept her, so that she could fly free in the sky over Agartha. "I'm starving after that flight, let's go find some food." Vai changes the subject, not wanting Kitty to worry on it.

"Okay," Kitty said cheerfully.


Image

Island

"Excuse me," Nala said, walking over to Vai and Kitty. "If you don't mind I have a few more questions about the terrain of the mountain and forest kingdoms. Hopefully the negotiations for peace will go well, but just in case they don't it would be a good idea to be prepared. Would you mind?"

19,801 to 19,850 of 69,544 << first < prev | 392 | 393 | 394 | 395 | 396 | 397 | 398 | 399 | 400 | 401 | 402 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tales of Agartha: the Avalon Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.