Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

The Avalon Chronicles

Game Master lynora

This is a high level rules light game set in a school for magical kids, kinda a mash-up of Soul Eater, Harry Potter, and X-Men. :)


19,601 to 19,650 of 68,814 << first < prev | 388 | 389 | 390 | 391 | 392 | 393 | 394 | 395 | 396 | 397 | 398 | next > last >>

Headmaster Ryo wrote:

"Separate rooms it is then." The Headmaster kneels down to look in Chara's wide eyes. "You remind me of someone who once went her. He liked skates too, and often got in trouble for wearing them when he wasn't supposed to. Of course, that was when there were other students in the hall." He lowers his voice before continuing. "Do you see any other students in the halls?"

"You are all free to explore as much as you want right now." Ryo explains as he stands and hands over a bundle of maps to Sorcha and Pyra. "These will show you where you are(and the two that are yours will show wear your children are when privacy isn't an issue) and where the rooms are. In addition, you can touch the walls and say where you want to go. Arrows will light up on the wall and lead the way."

Chara jumped up and down and clapped her hands. "Yay, Mom, where are my skates, he said it was okay cause there are no other students here now and I won't get another chance like this often I bet and I just have to try this cause I've never had so much room for skating before and where are my skates?!"

Sorchan chuckled and fished the skates out of the large duffel bag he was carrying. "Alright, Chara, have fun and get some of that energy out. I know it's been hard being cooped up while we were traveling."

"Whatever," Raelle said, rolling her eyes. "This is so lame."

Chara didn't hear anything once she had her skates in her hand as she was too busy putting them on and heading down the hallway at full speed.


Forest

Pan stepped out of one of the trees and eyed Oneiro and the white flag he weas holding.

"What are you here for?" he asked suspiciously.


Avalon

The delighted shrieks and shouts of encouragement precede the arrival --and departure-- of Ryo's children as they speed through the hallway and out of sight around the corner, all without touching the floor.

"If it were any other children, I'd ask how they managed that. Those were my children." Ryo explains. "Gwenne was infront, followed by Matthias and then Tal. Matthias is a year older at five, and Gwenne and Tal are twins. They are just as troublesome as magical gifted children can be. Lysander must have decided to let them play so little Gareth would have someone to play with..."

Chara:
You see what the adults don't. What the adults can't. This is a race, but it isn't just three kids racing! Carrying each of the three on their backs are three wonderful looking creatures. Gwenne, in the lead, is atop a winged lioness that fur like moon and starlight. Matthias, in second, rides a horned wolf wreathed in flames, though he doesn't seem to mind. Finally, Tal, in last place, is being carried by a griffin as white as snow and eyes that sparkle like ice.

Adults and most teens don't dream as powerfully as kids do(in my opinion), so that's why Chara can see the Dream Creatures and her family and Ryo can't. The creatures are the only Champion ability they can use when separated, and are friends, transportation, and protection for them.


narrator wrote:

Forest

Pan stepped out of one of the trees and eyed Oneiro and the white flag he weas holding.

"What are you here for?" he asked suspiciously.

"The leader of the Mountain Kingdom sent me hear to talk with Jiminy Sunwake. Peacefully."


Chara squealed with glee and skated towards the racing children and away from the adults soon out of their sight entirely. "You have the most awesome pets ever!" she laughed breathlessly as she and then flailed wildly as she was too distracted and didn't quite make the turn as she reached it, instead sliding into the wall and bouncing off before landing on her bottom.

"Oops. That wasn't how I meant to do that."


Oneiro Mance wrote:
narrator wrote:

Forest

Pan stepped out of one of the trees and eyed Oneiro and the white flag he weas holding.

"What are you here for?" he asked suspiciously.

"The leader of the Mountain Kingdom sent me hear to talk with Jiminy Sunwake. Peacefully."

Pan studied him thoughtfully and then nodded. "Okay, follow me. I'll take you to see Jiminy."


narrator wrote:

Chara squealed with glee and skated towards the racing children and away from the adults soon out of their sight entirely. "You have the most awesome pets ever!" she laughed breathlessly as she and then flailed wildly as she was too distracted and didn't quite make the turn as she reached it, instead sliding into the wall and bouncing off before landing on her bottom.

"Oops. That wasn't how I meant to do that."

The three stop and turn around to meet Chara quickly. Matthias even helps her to her feet.

"Told you you had to be a kid to see them." Gwenne tells her brothers rather snottily.

"Oh be quiet." Tal replies. "Hi, I'm Tal. so you can really see them?"


Forest

narrator wrote:
Pan studied him thoughtfully and then nodded. "Okay, follow me. I'll take you to see Jiminy."

Oniero nodded in return and followed, eyes darting around as he took in the path and looked for any possible ambush. He wasn't stupid. His Kingdom had just killed members of this one, and he was expecting retaliation any moment.


Agarthian Storyteller wrote:
narrator wrote:

Chara squealed with glee and skated towards the racing children and away from the adults soon out of their sight entirely. "You have the most awesome pets ever!" she laughed breathlessly as she and then flailed wildly as she was too distracted and didn't quite make the turn as she reached it, instead sliding into the wall and bouncing off before landing on her bottom.

"Oops. That wasn't how I meant to do that."

The three stop and turn around to meet Chara quickly. Matthias even helps her to her feet.

"Told you you had to be a kid to see them." Gwenne tells her brothers rather snottily.

"Oh be quiet." Tal replies. "Hi, I'm Tal. so you can really see them?"

"Of course I can see them. That's why I know they're awesome. And pretty. Ignace would be jealous. She likes pretty things...but she doesn't like to share them. I don't really understand that part. Ignace is my older sister. One of them anyways. There's her and Raelle and the one I haven't met yet. But she goes here already and we're supposed to meet her. Maybe. I'm Chara. I lost a tooth yesterday, right in the front. See?" she said, grinning so they could see the big gap where her front tooth used to be.


narrator wrote:
"Of course I can see them. That's why I know they're awesome. And pretty. Ignace would be jealous. She likes pretty things...but she doesn't like to share them. I don't really understand that part. Ignace is my older sister. One of them anyways. There's her and Raelle and the one I haven't met yet. But she goes here already and we're supposed to meet her. Maybe. I'm Chara. I lost a tooth yesterday, right in the front. See?" she said, grinning so they could see the big gap where her front tooth used to be.

"Cool!" Tal says as he looks at the gap. "I lost a tooth once, but Papa said it wasn't time for it to come out and he had it put back in. He said teeth don't get to stay out if a ball knocks it out unless it was already trying to come out."

"Hey!" Matthias exclaims. "Why do your skates have wheels? I've only seen the ones that make you sorta float!"


Agarthian Storyteller wrote:
narrator wrote:
"Of course I can see them. That's why I know they're awesome. And pretty. Ignace would be jealous. She likes pretty things...but she doesn't like to share them. I don't really understand that part. Ignace is my older sister. One of them anyways. There's her and Raelle and the one I haven't met yet. But she goes here already and we're supposed to meet her. Maybe. I'm Chara. I lost a tooth yesterday, right in the front. See?" she said, grinning so they could see the big gap where her front tooth used to be.

"Cool!" Tal says as he looks at the gap. "I lost a tooth once, but Papa said it wasn't time for it to come out and he had it put back in. He said teeth don't get to stay out if a ball knocks it out unless it was already trying to come out."

"Hey!" Matthias exclaims. "Why do your skates have wheels? I've only seen the ones that make you sorta float!"

"Well, I didn't know that there were any other kinds of skates than the ones with wheels....how do they make you float? Cause that would be really cool....like flying. I can fly, but not and wear roller skates at the same time. They don't fit on my feet right when I'm a bird. But it would be really cool if they could cause then I could take off into the air without having to work so hard at it. Taking off makes my wings hurt, but when I say that Mom gets this worried look, so I try not to complain too much about it."

"Can we race some more? Hey, how old are you? I'm eight. But I'm kinda small for my age."


Image
Oneiro Mance wrote:

Forest

narrator wrote:
Pan studied him thoughtfully and then nodded. "Okay, follow me. I'll take you to see Jiminy."
Oniero nodded in return and followed, eyes darting around as he took in the path and looked for any possible ambush. He wasn't stupid. His Kingdom had just killed members of this one, and he was expecting retaliation any moment.

Pan led him straight to the fort, stopping to explain to the patrols they passed along the way that this was a peaceful emissary. Oneiro was watched carefully, but no one made a move to attack him. He was led inside the fort to a large room where Jiminy was looking at papers spread out across a table. He looked up as they entered.

"So, I suppose a surrender is too much to hope for?" Jiminy asked with a smirk.


"I'm five. Gwenne and Tal are four."

"Come on! I can find the floaty skates and then we can all race on skates together!" Gwenne takes off, quickly followed by Tal.

"You wanna ride? The fire won't hurt you, I promise." Matthias says as he gets back up and holds out a hand for Chara. "He just looks a lot scarier than he is. You should see his tail wag when you scratch around the horn."


Forest

Jiminy, Prankster of the Future wrote:
"So, I suppose a surrender is too much to hope for?" Jiminy asked with a smirk.

"That day this world got it's first real sunrise, I was up on the roof to see it. Were you the purple dragon or the black one?" Oniero asks bluntly. "Our leader wants to know if you're a dragon or not, I just want to know which one you are."


Agarthian Storyteller wrote:

"I'm five. Gwenne and Tal are four."

"Come on! I can find the floaty skates and then we can all race on skates together!" Gwenne takes off, quickly followed by Tal.

"You wanna ride? The fire won't hurt you, I promise." Matthias says as he gets back up and holds out a hand for Chara. "He just looks a lot scarier than he is. You should see his tail wag when you scratch around the horn."

"Oh, fire can't hurt me anyways. I'm a firebird. I can make fire...sometimes....it's not too reliable yet. Either it won't get going or really big boom. And then Mom and Dad get mad. I'd love a ride. That sounds really cool!" she said grinning as she took his hand and scrambled up behind him.


Image
Oneiro Mance wrote:

Forest

Jiminy, Prankster of the Future wrote:
"So, I suppose a surrender is too much to hope for?" Jiminy asked with a smirk.
"That day this world got it's first real sunrise, I was up on the roof to see it. Were you the purple dragon or the black one?" Oniero asks bluntly. "Our leader wants to know if you're a dragon or not, I just want to know which one you are."

"Wasn't me. I'm a purple dragon, but I wasn't on the roof that day. That sounds like it was my sister, Ephebe, and her mate, Krays. He usually walks around as a kobold cause people get less freaked out by that than a black dragon. Thanks for not saying anything back then. We staged this reveal pretty carefully to make sure nobody would get hurt for real.But we're done with hiding who we really are. There's too much at stake," he replied, equally bluntly.


"Hold on, we gotta go fast!" With a huff from their mount, they rocket off after the twins in leaps and bounds, adding to the excitement with a few almost-but-not-quite crashes before they catch up. Gwenne and Tal see Matthias and Chara gaining on them and go faster, making this more like a game of high-speed tag than just racing to the skates.

"Go, go, go, Vmyna Mibic!" Matthias nearly screams, laughing his head off as the wind whipes his short hair around. they finally come to a stop in front of a room, the Antairus Three trying to catch their breath after all the excitement.

"They *gasp* should be in *wheeze* in here." Gwenne manages to say as she uses her creature as an impromptu resting area.


"I'm not exactly an Agartha native, I was fine leaving you guys alone as long as you left me alone. Would have ruined the first sunrise I'd seen in years anyway." Oniero explained. "Since you are a dragon, my King would like to offer an alliance between Mountain and Forest."


Image
Oneiro Mance wrote:
"I'm not technically and Agartha native, I was fine leaving you guys alone as long as you left me alone. Would have ruined the first sunrise I'd seen in years anyway." Oniero explained. "Since you are a dragon, my King would like to offer an alliance between Mountain and Forest."

Jiminy grimaced. "That may prove problematic. I authorized certain countermeasures after the scouting party attacked...your leader may not be so keen on an alliance once he finds out. I can probably arrange for it to be undone, but likely not before it's done damage. I don't imagine a slightly less than sane alchemist does things by halves."


Male Half-Elf

I'll have you I don't do anything by- oh, you were talking about Skivven. Never mind! :p


Chara giggled. "That was the best! Hey, what were those strange words you said? I didn't understand at all."


"You mean Vmyna Mibic? That's his name. Even with our translators, their names don't turn to Common. Don't know why." Matthias tells her as he reaches up to grab the handle, opening the door to one of the minor Mechanic classrooms.

"Mine said his name was Yndely Knobric." Tal says, following his brother into the room and immediately going over to a locked chest. "Gwenne, help me figure out the numbers, 'kay?"

"Sure. Her name is Byhdrany Mihynec by the way." She tells Chara, gesturing to her creature. "They're all real nice."

It takes a few minutes, but the twins figure out the combination that opens the lock. During that time, Matthias excitedly tells Chara about all the really cool places to play in the school, like the garden, or the gyms, or the art classroom with all the fun paint, or in the labs when their older cousin Razzy is around to show them what to do(they couldn't get in the labs without him there anyway).


"So, what do you two like?" Ryo asks, turning to Raelle and Ignace. "Your interests and hobbies can become a part of your class schedules, and I like to encourage my students to do what they like."


Jiminy, Prankster of the Future wrote:
Jiminy grimaced. "That may prove problematic. I authorized certain countermeasures after the scouting party attacked...your leader may not be so keen on an alliance once he finds out. I can probably arrange for it to be undone, but likely not before it's done damage. I don't imagine a slightly less than sane alchemist does things by halves."

Oniero raises an eyebrow.

"The scout that managed to get back reported that they were attacked, not that they did the attacking." He tells Jiminy. "Either way, if the damage is done, I doubt an alliance is possible. I suppose letting us know ahead of time is out of the question?"


Male Half Orc 16 Druid/16 Summoner

Nothing a purify or neutralize poison spell can't fix. Kor is a druid, ya know.


Kor'Athon wrote:
Nothing a purify or neutralize poison spell can't fix. Kor is a druid, ya know.

Well, this is a disease in the river(for a while anyway), so no one may notice until people start getting sick, and by then the river may be clean again. Skivven is aiming for every river he comes across that leads to the Mountain Castle.

He's starting an plague, to put it simply.


Male Earth Elemental (Type Unknown) Unknown

Mountain

*poke Jeran* *koff koff*


Male Half Orc 16 Druid/16 Summoner

...I dunno that unleashing a plague on fellow students is the kind of good PR the dragons are looking for...


Headmaster Ryo wrote:
"So, what do you two like?" Ryo asks, turning to Raelle and Ignace. "Your interests and hobbies can become a part of your class schedules, and I like to encourage my students to do what they like."

Ignace smiled. "I like pretty things. Like my dolls. I like to dress them up in pretty outfits. I'm learning how to sew so I can make more clothes for them. And someday I want to make clothes for me too, but Mom says I should practice with doll clothes first. I don't mind singing too much, but I think it's boring to practice it a lot. And I don't like anything that involves getting dirty like playing in the mud," she said with distaste.

Raelle shrugged. "I like to listen to music, but I'm kinda a freak since I'm totally tone deaf. I can't make fire either. I can almost make a weapon using sparks and smoke, but it usually fizzles before it does any damage. Mostly I can make illusions using smoke. I'm not really into making stuff or anything. I'm pretty average on the school stuff. I've tried a lot of stuff but I don't really have any hobbies I like."


It is funny though.


Male Half Orc 16 Druid/16 Summoner

It's effective tactic, but one that reinforces the stereotype they're trying to undo...


Image
Oneiro Mance wrote:
Jiminy, Prankster of the Future wrote:
Jiminy grimaced. "That may prove problematic. I authorized certain countermeasures after the scouting party attacked...your leader may not be so keen on an alliance once he finds out. I can probably arrange for it to be undone, but likely not before it's done damage. I don't imagine a slightly less than sane alchemist does things by halves."

Oniero raises an eyebrow.

"The scout that managed to get back reported that they were attacked, not that they did the attacking." He tells Jiminy. "Either way, if the damage is done, I doubt an alliance is possible. I suppose letting us know ahead of time is out of the question?"

"In retrospect I really should have asked him what he intended to do, but I was really angry. Some kind of poison I think, but I'm not sure where it's being put...I'd avoid water sources if I were you. Once my guy reports back I can ask for details. It can probably be neutralized then. But I really don't know anything more right now. I can teleport you back so you can get the word to your people more quickly." He ran his hand through his hair. "And this is where I really miss Fi. She's usually the one who gives me a swift kick in the rear when I'm about to do something stupid."


Image
Wyrd the Elemental wrote:

Mountain

*poke Jeran* *koff koff*

???

You delivered your message and I headed back to the main camp to get further orders. What more do you want?

Or did that end up being an invisipost?


Jiminy, Prankster of the Future wrote:
"In retrospect I really should have asked him what he intended to do, but I was really angry. Some kind of poison I think, but I'm not sure where it's being put...I'd avoid water sources if I were you. Once my guy reports back I can ask for details. It can probably be neutralized then. But I really don't know anything more right now. I can teleport you back so you can get the word to your people more quickly." He ran his hand through his hair. "And this is where I really miss Fi. She's usually the one who gives me a swift kick in the rear when I'm about to do something stupid."

"Don't worry, I'm sure the other Kingdoms will be wiling to do her job for you." Oniero says with a slight grin. "If you could drop me off just outside the mountain ranges, I'll get back and let people know to mix antitoxins into their water."


Jeran Darkclaw wrote:
Or did that end up being an invisipost?

No, it's right HERE.


Male Half Orc 16 Druid/16 Summoner

Also mention Kor would like to meet face to face, and it would be good for the Mountain folks to see the dragon as well...


narrator wrote:
Ignace smiled. "I like pretty things. Like my dolls. I like to dress them up in pretty outfits. I'm learning how to sew so I can make more clothes for them. And someday I want to make clothes for me too, but Mom says I should practice with doll clothes first. I don't mind singing too much, but I think it's boring to practice it a lot. And I don't like anything that involves getting dirty like playing in the mud," she said with distaste.

"The Home Economics class is free of mud and has lessons in sewing. Maybe an art class so you can make more than pretty clothes?"

narrator wrote:
Raelle shrugged. "I like to listen to music, but I'm kinda a freak since I'm totally tone deaf. I can't make fire either. I can almost make a weapon using sparks and smoke, but it usually fizzles before it does any damage. Mostly I can make illusions using smoke. I'm not really into making stuff or anything. I'm pretty average on the school stuff. I've tried a lot of stuff but I don't really have any hobbies I like."

"Trust me, a tone deaf firebird is pretty normal around here compared to some of the other students. Basic Arcana sounds like a good class to fine tune your smoke magic, and an art class can help add detail to your illusions if that interests you."

"I can get you both a list of the classes we offer here at Avalon. You can look them over and get back to me later today. Once you are properly enrolled, I'll place you in the event the rest of the student body is participating in. You might just meet your sister while participating."


Image
Oneiro Mance wrote:
Jiminy, Prankster of the Future wrote:
"In retrospect I really should have asked him what he intended to do, but I was really angry. Some kind of poison I think, but I'm not sure where it's being put...I'd avoid water sources if I were you. Once my guy reports back I can ask for details. It can probably be neutralized then. But I really don't know anything more right now. I can teleport you back so you can get the word to your people more quickly." He ran his hand through his hair. "And this is where I really miss Fi. She's usually the one who gives me a swift kick in the rear when I'm about to do something stupid."
"Don't worry, I'm sure the other Kingdoms will be wiling to do her job for you." Oniero says with a slight grin. "If you could drop me off just outside the mountain ranges, I'll get back and let people know to mix antitoxins into their water."

"Not sure if antitoxins are the way to go. I think it's poison, but...well, I let loose a slightly unstable alchemist in your kingdom. Use all appropriate precautions. Sure....ummm...I need to contact your mind to get the image of where you want to be set down. Not looking at anything else, figured it was only fair to give you a warning first."


"I'll let them know to watch out for mutating plants and animals." Oniero replies. "Go ahead and look. Once we're there I'll send a message on ahead to the Castle. Our leader will probably want to meet with you to confirm that you are what you say. Can't be to careful."


Headmaster Ryo wrote:


"I can get you both a list of the classes we offer here at Avalon. You can look them over and get back to me later today. Once you are properly enrolled, I'll place you in the event the rest of the student body is participating in. You might just meet your sister while participating."

"Cause that won't be awkward," Raelle muttered sarcastically, but she took the class list and started looking through all of the class descriptions very seriously, making notes and chewing on her pencil as she considered which classes would work for her.

Ignace brought her class list over to her mother in order to get some help. She'd never had to choose her own classes before. It was a bit daunting.

"Headmaster," Pyra said, a bit concerned, "are you sure this is going to be alright? These classes seem a bit well, advanced. She's only eleven. I'm afraid these might be a bit overwhelming. She's still getting the hang of the basics and quite frankly, I don't see a lot of basic here."


Image
Oneiro Mance wrote:
"I'll let them know to watch out for mutating plants and animals." Oniero replies. "Go ahead and look. Once we're there I'll send a message on ahead to the Castle. Our leader will probably want to meet with you to confirm that you are what you say. Can't be to careful."

Jiminy nodded. "If we're going to meet, we should probably do it at the border between kingdoms. That helps minimize the risk for both of us."

He used telepathy to find the location in Oneiro's mind and swiftly teleported him back there.


"Honestly, it wasn't until recently that we started getting younger children here at Avalon. One of the recent graduates brought up the idea of starting a separate school for them so they could learn what they needed before moving on to the classes you see on that list. I believe it's almost ready but, in the meantime, I could introduce her to another eleven year-old who is doing well in these classes. He could be a tutor until the other wing of the school is ready."


Headmaster Ryo wrote:
"Honestly, it wasn't until recently that we started getting younger children here at Avalon. One of the recent graduates brought up the idea of starting a separate school for them so they could learn what they needed before moving on to the classes you see on that list. I believe it's almost ready but, in the meantime, I could introduce her to another eleven year-old who is doing well in these classes. He could be a tutor until the other wing of the school is ready."

"Yes, that sounds like a good idea. I know Ignace will enjoy things like Home Economics and Art, but I don't want her to neglect basic reading and math even more than she already has. And even if she doesn't want to use her magic, she needs some basic knowledge of how to use magic so that things don't accidentally go wrong. I'm afraid that my oldest two are not what you'd call good students. Raelle is so easily distracted and Ignace...I don't know where she got the idea, but she seems to think that studying isn't ladylike," she said, rolling her eyes.


Jiminy, Prankster of the Future wrote:
He used telepathy to find the location in Oneiro's mind and swiftly teleported him back there.

With a gestures, Oniero sends a paper bird with their current location to Kor'Athon, letting him know that Jiminy Sunwake is at the border between Forest and Mountain and is willing to meet.

"So, a dragon huh? Thought they all died out before I came here. People were so confused that I was sad about that. Dragons fascinated me as a child."


Chara grimaces a little bit as she listens to Matthias talk, but she pays rapt attention. She absent-mindedly pokes at her arm. "I think it's broken. Do you have something I can use as a sling? Or better yet, do you know where I can find some open flame? That'll fix it up good as new in no time," she said cheerfully.


Image
Oneiro Mance wrote:
Jiminy, Prankster of the Future wrote:
He used telepathy to find the location in Oneiro's mind and swiftly teleported him back there.

With a gestures, Oniero sends a paper bird with their current location to Kor'Athon, letting him know that Jiminy Sunwake is at the border between Forest and Mountain and is willing to meet.

"So, a dragon huh? Thought they all died out before I came here. People were so confused that I was sad about that. Dragons fascinated me as a child."

Now I'm confused. I thought Jiminy was teleporting Oneiro back to near the mountain fortress and then Oneiro was arranging a meeting time for Kor and Jiminy to meet near the border...


narrator wrote:
"Yes, that sounds like a good idea. I know Ignace will enjoy things like Home Economics and Art, but I don't want her to neglect basic reading and math even more than she already has. And even if she doesn't want to use her magic, she needs some basic knowledge of how to use magic so that things don't accidentally go wrong. I'm afraid that my oldest two are not what you'd call good students. Raelle is so easily distracted and Ignace...I don't know where she got the idea, but she seems to think that studying isn't ladylike," she said, rolling her eyes.

"Trust me, the teachers here make the classes far more interesting than normal. Or try to, at the very least. As for ladylike studying... well, there isn't much I can do about that."


Jiminy, Prankster of the Future wrote:
Now I'm confused. I thought Jiminy was teleporting Oneiro back to near the mountain fortress and then Oneiro was arranging a meeting time for Kor and Jiminy to meet near the border...

Ah, my mistake, I thought he'd teleport them to the border to save time. Never mind...


narrator wrote:
Chara grimaces a little bit as she listens to Matthias talk, but she pays rapt attention. She absent-mindedly pokes at her arm. "I think it's broken. Do you have something I can use as a sling? Or better yet, do you know where I can find some open flame? That'll fix it up good as new in no time," she said cheerfully.

"When did that happen?" Matthias asks worriedly as he looks at Chara's arm. "You should have said something sooner! Vmyna's flames can work, I think, since he's made of them almost.[/i]

Hearing this, Vmyna moves over to Chara and begins letting off actual heat, his flame dangerous to the touch for most people.


Headmaster Ryo wrote:
narrator wrote:
"Yes, that sounds like a good idea. I know Ignace will enjoy things like Home Economics and Art, but I don't want her to neglect basic reading and math even more than she already has. And even if she doesn't want to use her magic, she needs some basic knowledge of how to use magic so that things don't accidentally go wrong. I'm afraid that my oldest two are not what you'd call good students. Raelle is so easily distracted and Ignace...I don't know where she got the idea, but she seems to think that studying isn't ladylike," she said, rolling her eyes.
"Trust me, the teachers here make the classes far more interesting than normal. Or try to, at the very least. As for ladylike studying... well, there isn't much I can do about that."

"I'd say just keep reminding her that ignorance isn't becoming for a lady. That's what we've tried. I can't say it's got through yet."

"What's Basic mechanics?" Raelle asked without looking up from her list.

"Not sure," Sorchan answered. "But I'm guessing it's somewhat similar to that thing you built in the garden."

"I told you. Carrying water was work every day. Building an irrigation system was work for one day. I didn't do it because I'm clever. I did it because I'm lazy. And I found the directions in a book from the library. Where I was because Ignace and Chara wanted to go, not me."

19,601 to 19,650 of 68,814 << first < prev | 388 | 389 | 390 | 391 | 392 | 393 | 394 | 395 | 396 | 397 | 398 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tales of Agartha: the Avalon Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.