Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

The Avalon Chronicles

Game Master lynora

This is a high level rules light game set in a school for magical kids, kinda a mash-up of Soul Eater, Harry Potter, and X-Men. :)


19,551 to 19,600 of 70,079 << first < prev | 387 | 388 | 389 | 390 | 391 | 392 | 393 | 394 | 395 | 396 | 397 | next > last >>

Sliding his(untouched) bowl over, Ryo takes a moment to figure out how to set up Tyga's schedule. He'd have to move around a few teachers so the boy could learn how to read and write with ease.

"Tyga, we usually put students in their own rooms here at the school. I can get you a single room, but if you have no problem with having a roommate eventually, I can set up a double for you. You'll also get a map of the school that will lead you around, and your schedule."


"Whatever is easier for you. I'll attempt to fit in like foot in shoe."


"Well, there is only one more thing then." Ryo says as he hands over the map. "The entirety of the student body is in an event I called War. There are four kingdoms, each populated and run by the students, and you'll be placed in one at random. To ensure our student's safety, there are a multitude of magical wards in place to make sure no one is killed."


Desert
Soars about, looking for anything odd...

Does he see anything interesting? Oasis or anything like that?


There are a few oasis(not sure on the plural) scattered throughout the desert. 1d100 ⇒ 26 Nothing more than the occasional giant desert creature.


"You want me to fight? Alright." He replies. "Lead the way headmaster, and I'll cause a disaster."


"Let's see where you are going then." The Headmaster replies as he starts shuffling a deck of cards. Once done, he draws the top card. "Looks like you're going tot he Desert Kingdom. Do you have anything you would like to do before I send you there?"

1d4 ⇒ 2


Tyga looks intensely curious at the mention of a desert. He even stops eating his food. "Who do I fight? How will I know when to use my might?"


"As part of the Desert Kingdom, those from the Forest, Island, and Mountain Kingdoms are your enemies. The Desert Kingdom already has a leader, and so you'll get your instructions on when to use your might from him. At the moment, the Desert is primarily focused on keeping itself hidden and let their enemies grow weaker trying to navigate the sands."


Mountain

A rather scared werebadger pops up out of the ground and hurries to find Kor, forgetting to take his humanoid form in his urgency. He takes a few moments to catch his breath before telling his story.

We got attacked at the edge of a forest... Saresh got into the trees but he's gone... the others too, I think. All killed. Forest has a dragon! Said it was Jiminy Sunwake!" He's close to yelling by the end.

Forest

Eventually, Anthony remembers the collective and let's everyone know he's okay. This does nothing to obviously change Michael's mood, and he tends to his brother's injuries himself.

Skivven follows the trails into the Mountain Kingdom unhindered.
1d100 ⇒ 14 15% chance Oniero spots him while on patrol.


Mountain

He's sky patrol was just starting to get boring when Oniero manages to spot a shadow without a body, barely bigger than a small, flat rock. Flying over head, he decides to watch it for a while to see just what it was doing.


Male Half Orc 16 Druid/16 Summoner

His eyes go wide at the word dragon, but othewise keeps his composure.
"Alright, just calm down. How far did you make it in before you were attacked? Were you ambushed?"


"We weren't far from the edge of he forest when these beams of light begin to shoot towards us. We moved in to neutralize whoever it was attacking so they couldn't tell their kingdom, but the little brat was fast up in those branches. Saresh went after him, like I said, but he was killed. I got one of the enemy myself and was close to finishing off a water mage when the dragon landed and made me leave. I got back here as fast as I could to make sure you knew quickly."

He's shaking with fatigue, so he probably pushed himself pretty hard to get back here.


Male Ratfolk Grenadier 8/ Shadow Illusionist 5 + PF Savant 3

Skivven's undead form detects the vitality of the living flyer observing him easily enough against the night sky. Muttering a word his mother would have slapped him for, he slips below the surface of the earth and activates an Expeditious Retreat, charging through the ground blindly at an altered angle. "Too soon, Skivven barely started, not close to done yet," he thinks dourly.


Male Half Orc 16 Druid/16 Summoner

"So they initiated combat?" Kor asks, with a withering glare.


Male Earth Elemental (Type Unknown) Unknown

Mountain

Assuming I have scouted the underground areas near our fortress.

Wyrd's head and shoulders emerge from the earth near Kor, rising until the elemental are at eye level with him. In a quiet voice Wyrd reports what he has found.

What shall I work on now?


1d100 ⇒ 33 Wyrd found nothing out of the usual, just a few ore mines.

Mountain

"Yes... sir." The werebadger replies, switching back to his dwarven form.

Dwarven were-badger, can it get any funnier?


Male Half Orc 16 Druid/16 Summoner

"Very well, then. Yes Wyrd, I do have another task for you. If you would please, find Jeran and advise him of the attacks along the forest kingdom's border, and of reports of a dragon. Then I would like you to form a wall of stone to cut of normal travel. Make it as deep as you can, and as high as you can."


Once per day, when searching your own Kingdom, a collective d100 can be rolled. This represents the chance to find the secret Ryo talked about in his speech. It starts at 5%, plus another 5% if at least 1/3 of the Kingdom is helping the search. Every day spent searching adds another 5%.

I just came up with this. it's what I rolled when Krays was patroling the Desert skies.


Male Earth Elemental (Type Unknown) Unknown

Mountain

Do you know in which direction Jeran has traveled?


Image

Mountain

Jeran's doing a survey along the kingdom's border looking for weak spots.


Image

Island

Did we lose FCD? No posts in quite a while. Well, since Tyrrin isn't really adding to the discussion, I'll leave it to Artorius and Shephord to decide on Island's strategy. (Nala will contribute, but she's being careful not to be seen as being too bossy right now.) Scout in plans to attack. Simply defend without attacking. Or form alliances with other kingdoms to make conquering easier. Those are the options that have been presented so far. Other options have yet to be discussed.


Island
I think he was playing civ V.

"Well than scouting is best for right now. Attacking to make them off balance while building our defenses. These defenses will just be something to draw the enemies." Artorius says to the group.


Image

Island

Never understood the draw of Civ, but oh well. :)

"Then we should assign a few to scouting patrols. The dragons being an obvious choice due to their flight capabilities. But we should send a ship or two as well. And the rest should prepare traps and build defenses," Nala agreed.


M Advanced Axiomite Gestalt 16 Inquisiter/Swashbuckler(ToS)

Island

"Two ships per kingdom, with orders to scout for now. Add to that another ship for each scout patrol in order to relay messages."


Male Earth Elemental (Type Unknown) Unknown

Mountain

Wyrd nods and slips back into the ground, already moving towards the border as he disappears beneath the earth.


Mountain

Unable to see through solid rock in order to track the shadow, Oniero returns to Kor quickly.

"Kor, we might have a problem. I barely noticed it at first, but there is some sort of shadow moving around in our kingdom. It might have noticed me too, because it went underground nt long after I started following it."


Male Earth Elemental (Type Unknown) Unknown

How is Jeran traveling? Is he on the ground? How fast is he?


Image
Wyrd the Elemental wrote:
How is Jeran traveling? Is he on the ground? How fast is he?

Jeran is traveling by foot in wolf form. While the other patrols he is responsible for overseeing are traveling in pairs or teams, Jeran is traveling alone. He has a 100 ft movement rate as a wolf. Only 80 ft movement rate as a human.


Male Earth Elemental (Type Unknown) Unknown

Mountain

Well, I think Wyrd will be able to .. eventually .. catch up to you since he doesnt have to go over everything.

Several hours after leaving Kor, Wyrd finally senses a single figure moving rapidly along the borders of the Mountain Kingdom. Gliding smoothly through the rock, Wyrd emerges on a downslope a short distance ahead of Jeran. As Jeran comes closer, Wyrd speaks.

Jeran, Kor sends me with news. There has been an attack on one of our scouting groups. Saresh is slain. The dwarf who can become a badger, I know not his name, slew one of the enemy and was himself chased away by a Dragon.


Image

Mountain

Jeran's posture is definitely hostile once he sees Wyrd, but he refrains from actually attacking. Without shifting from wolf form he nods and changes direction, sprinting back towards the mountain kingdom's headquarters.


Agarthian Storyteller wrote:

Once per day, when searching your own Kingdom, a collective d100 can be rolled. This represents the chance to find the secret Ryo talked about in his speech. It starts at 5%, plus another 5% if at least 1/3 of the Kingdom is helping the search. Every day spent searching adds another 5%.

I just came up with this. it's what I rolled when Krays was patroling the Desert skies.

I like this mechanic. I just don't know that anyone knows right now who is supposed to be rolling. All of the kingdoms are scouting their territories and borders right now so I'm just going to put up rolls for the other three. When rolling anything I always go with the high is always good philosophy so 95 or above gets you there.

Mountain: 1d100 ⇒ 26
Island: 1d100 ⇒ 99
Forest: 1d100 ⇒ 9


Also, I think we have a strategy for everyone, yes? Forest is focused on defense and hit and run tactics if attacked. Desert is focused on avoidance. Island is focused on gathering intel and luring opponents into traps. Mountain....actually I'm not altogether clear on Mountain's strategy. Once we know that we can start rolling percentiles to see how successful each group is at their strategy.


No clue on Mountain either.

Forest

There were dragons here too. Did Tamara know? Did the brothers, little Gareth? Too many questions were flying around in Shara's mind as she did her best to leave the castle without being seen. She didn't know how many dragons there were, or which Kingdoms had them, but she couldn't chance staying here. Worse comes to worse, she'd try surviving off the lans between Kingdoms until this stupid game was over and she could leave Avalon.

With that goal burned in her mind, Shara slipped into the forest...


"If you are ready, Tyga, I'll put you in the event now."

Once he has confirmation that Tyga is ready, the school around the new student melts away and reforms to become a desert. Not one hundred feet away sits what looks like a castle wavering in the heat.


Avalon

A commotion at the door indicated that Sorchan had returned with family in tow.

"Chara, stop pulling your sister's hair. Raelle, don't sulk. You wanted space, you're getting it. And I absolutely do not want to hear another diatribe about how we never ask your opinion on anything. Ignace, so help me, if you tattle about one more thing I am going to ground you from your doll collection, is that understood?" A very exasperated woman's voice can be heard admonishing the new arrivals to Avalon.


Male Half Orc 16 Druid/16 Summoner

Since Mountain is devoid of dragons, Kor will send a white flag rep to Forest to talk to Jiminy, at teh very least see if the rumors are true. Then seek an alliance. Kor isn't stupid. He can plan to defend against a lot of stuff. Dragons ain't one of em, stories be true.


Sees a new figure appear too close to the castle, and glides toward the new comer.

::Fei, new comer at the door, about 100 ft out. Going to check it out...::


narrator wrote:

Avalon

A commotion at the door indicated that Sorchan had returned with family in tow.

"Chara, stop pulling your sister's hair. Raelle, don't sulk. You wanted space, you're getting it. And I absolutely do not want to hear another diatribe about how we never ask your opinion on anything. Ignace, so help me, if you tattle about one more thing I am going to ground you from your doll collection, is that understood?" A very exasperated woman's voice can be heard admonishing the new arrivals to Avalon.

Ryo lets his laughter announce his approach as he turns a corner to meet the family.

"I must admit that reminds me of my niece and nephews when they were younger, driving their parents nuts with their antics. Welcome to Avalon! I am Headmaster Antairus, and it is a pleasure to have you here."


Kor'Athon wrote:
Since Mountain is devoid of dragons, Kor will send a white flag rep to Forest to talk to Jiminy, at teh very least see if the rumors are true. Then seek an alliance. Kor isn't stupid. He can plan to defend against a lot of stuff. Dragons ain't one of em, stories be true.

All well and good, but what about that shadow I saw? I'll be the rep if you want.


Male Half Orc 16 Druid/16 Summoner

Keep an eye on it. Might be that black kobold...or yeah. Emmissary it is.


Just give the order, sir![/soldier voice]
Also, the shadow kind of went underground, so I can't keep an eye on it...


Male Ratfolk Grenadier 8/ Shadow Illusionist 5 + PF Savant 3

Skivven continues his sprint until he finally strikes water, glancing to the sky through it as he cautiously surfaces.

"Good, good, flier gone. Now Skivven begins!" the specter of the ratfolk thinks as the rodent form opens its mouth and breathes a putrid cloud of smoke into the water. The water is cloudy for a moment before flowing clear again as the damage is done. The shadowy form then continues on it's way, seeking more rivers flowing toward the center of the Mountain Kingdom.

Plague bomb delivering Blinding Sickness into the river.


Headmaster Ryo wrote:
narrator wrote:

Avalon

A commotion at the door indicated that Sorchan had returned with family in tow.

"Chara, stop pulling your sister's hair. Raelle, don't sulk. You wanted space, you're getting it. And I absolutely do not want to hear another diatribe about how we never ask your opinion on anything. Ignace, so help me, if you tattle about one more thing I am going to ground you from your doll collection, is that understood?" A very exasperated woman's voice can be heard admonishing the new arrivals to Avalon.

Ryo lets his laughter announce his approach as he turns a corner to meet the family.

"I must admit that reminds me of my niece and nephews when they were younger, driving their parents nuts with their antics. Welcome to Avalon! I am Headmaster Antairus, and it is a pleasure to have you here."

"The pleasure is ours, Headmaster, believe me," the woman said with a tired smile. She was not nearly as elegant as Apolla, but she seemed considerably better looking, most likely due to her general aura of kindliness. "I can't tell you how grateful we are that you are willing to accept our darling children on such short notice. Especially since there was a bit of an incident with the fireplace that ended with us being evicted from the inn, also on rather short notice. I am Pyra del Sol and these three are Raelle," she said indicating a scantily dressed teenage girl with very dark red hair and several piercings; "Ignace," she said, pointing out the older of the two younger girls who was dressed in a ruffly outfit that looked more suited to a party than everyday and her strawberry blonde hair pulled back in an enormous bow; "and Chara," she said, pointing to the youngest, a freckled redheaded child who was missing one of her front teeth and had soot suspiciously smeared across her knees and face.


"It's nice to meet all of you." The Headmaster says with a smile. "I have rooms set up for you all, and the ones for your children can be split up if they do not wish to share."

"How do you like the school so far, just from seeing it? Some don't think it's very impressive, but that changes by the end of their first week, at most."


Headmaster Ryo wrote:

"It's nice to meet all of you." The Headmaster says with a smile. "I have rooms set up for you all, and the ones for your children can be split up if they do not wish to share."

"How do you like the school so far, just from seeing it? Some don't think it's very impressive, but that changes by the end of their first week, at most."

Raelle shrugged. "It's okay," she said, reluctantly, pretending to be unimpressed.

"It is very lovely. I am sure we will like it here. But please...I don't want to share a room with Chara," Ignace said, primly at first, but then with a hint of desperation at the end.

"It's bigger on the inside than the outside!" Chara exclaimed, looking around her eyes wide as saucers. "I bet we could have an awesome roller skate race in this hallway!"


"Separate rooms it is then." The Headmaster kneels down to look in Chara's wide eyes. "You remind me of someone who once went her. He liked skates too, and often got in trouble for wearing them when he wasn't supposed to. Of course, that was when there were other students in the hall." He lowers his voice before continuing. "Do you see any other students in the halls?"

"You are all free to explore as much as you want right now." Ryo explains as he stands and hands over a bundle of maps to Sorcha and Pyra. "These will show you where you are(and the two that are yours will show wear your children are when privacy isn't an issue) and where the rooms are. In addition, you can touch the walls and say where you want to go. Arrows will light up on the wall and lead the way."


Mountain

With his orders from Kor'Athon, Oniero takes off into the air and toward the Forest Kingdom. Once he's within sight of the forest, he lands and holds up a white flag as he enters the rival kingdom's borders.


Male Half-Elf

Forest

On his way back to the Forest Castle, having already sent his brother on ahead to be checked for serious injuries, Michael stops as he sees something and has wicked idea. He had planned on saving the samples he'd brought with him from the school labs to provide cover, but if he combined them with an extract and what he had found... He smiles and collects what he needs before continuing to return to the castle.


Island

With the idea of intel gathering in mind, Juco and Maru go around and select people with skills suited for espionage to boost. They don't get close to even a quarter of the people being sent out before the retreat to a shady wall once more.

19,551 to 19,600 of 70,079 << first < prev | 387 | 388 | 389 | 390 | 391 | 392 | 393 | 394 | 395 | 396 | 397 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tales of Agartha: the Avalon Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.