Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

The Avalon Chronicles

Game Master lynora

This is a high level rules light game set in a school for magical kids, kinda a mash-up of Soul Eater, Harry Potter, and X-Men. :)


19,501 to 19,550 of 70,222 << first < prev | 386 | 387 | 388 | 389 | 390 | 391 | 392 | 393 | 394 | 395 | 396 | next > last >>

Ryuzo Kato wrote:
Is the badger creature Ryuzo? I'm lost...

Mountain kingdom set up a scouting party. They came in down the path. Anthony had a clash with them (the sounds that Morrivan and Joneh heard) and now Anthony is busy with something else (possible traitor) and Morrivan and Joneh are running away from the invaders to go tell someone who can do something about it. Cue Ryuzo to intervene. :)


Male Human (Mole Zoanthrope) 16 Monk/Ninja
Anthony Dacamara wrote:

Mountain/Forest Path

Anthony should have waited. At the range he was at, he hadn't been able to do more than graze one of the people. He had to dodge an arrow and what looked like a really big badger. He kept running along the trees and taking shots whenever he could, hoping to keep alive long enough for reinforcement.

Why had he been so stupid? He couldn't handle a group on his own in broad daylight! Every shot of his let them know where he was, and the attacks kept getting closer... He skidded to a stop in front of someone up in the trees and sighed in relief.

"Thank Tapio you're here!" He ignored Nova hissing. "We've got people from another kingdom trying to get through!"

"I know." The teen replied as his hands twisted out a spell. "I'm one of them."

"Well, that makes things easy then..." a disembodied voice says behind the casting student, as it then apparently slashes the student viciously, sending it back to the school, and Ryuzo appears. "How many more are there?" he pauses for a minute "Morrivan and Joneh are close by, let's make sure they make it back to warn Jiminy."


Hope I didn't take too much license there...

Dark Archive

Forest

Nah, I've seen Ryuzo's attacks before. This wasn't a Forest student by the way, just a Mountain one with a bit of magic. The badger thing was a summons from one of the others.

"I don't know. Four or five maybe? If that's the last one that can get up here, I can handle them." Anthony replies as he looks down in search of the other group. "Might get hurt though."


Male Half-Elf

Forest

"You realize a patrol should probably get back-up before attacking, right?" Michael asks as he drops down to the branch. "Or check to make sure they aren't deserters from another kingdom?"

"Thanks for helping out, Ryuzo. I appreciate it."


Tyga wrote:
Not seeing anyone home, Tyga leaps down into the school grounds and goes to lay on the porch. He will remain there until someone appears, sunning himself.

About half an hour passes before the door opens and the Headmaster looks down at the boy.

"welcome to Avalon. Is there something I could help you with?


Male Human (Mole Zoanthrope) 16 Monk/Ninja

"No problem. I'll go help the others." he fades out as he runs...silently.


"You know this is my first time actually leading right?" Anthony asks as he spies a straggler. "I'm not really used to it yet."

"You've done a good job so far. Probably shouldn't have froze when that guy was casting though."

"I got caught off-guard. I thought he was one of ours since he was up here too."

Out of the corner of his eye, Michael spies something large hurtling toward them, and puts up a force field to stop it. It passes right through it like it's not even there and smashing the branch they're standing on to pieces. He tries to catch his brother in a field too as they fall, but he's knocked away from the safe landing by the same thing that destroyed the branch. Every time Michael tries to catch his brother, he's knocked away again, and soon Michael can't see Anthony to try and catch him.

1d100 ⇒ 73 Hehehe... searching for something now. One moment please.


Male Half-Elf
Michael Dacamara wrote:
Nala had said the 'seed' just encouraged anger and frustrations. That meant that all the things he had done are things he would have done eventually... right?

A wave of... something passes through the collective, assuming the patrol leaders are in it, and Michael smiles grimly as he lands in front of two Mountain scouts.

"My brother getting knocked out of the War is one thing, messing with me so I can't save him and have to watch him get killed is another." They try to run, warned by the look in his mismatched eyes that they should, but find themselves stuck as the ground at their feet starts crawling up their legs, encasing them in a unyielding shell of earth. Slowly, ever so slowly, Michael tightens the shell...


Male Human (Mole Zoanthrope) 16 Monk/Ninja

Ryuzo and his clones close in on where the other two were, sniffing the air and ground to find if any others are harrassing them...
Tracking via Scent 1d20 + 32 ⇒ (9) + 32 = 41


Male Human (Mole Zoanthrope) 16 Monk/Ninja

A clone of Ryuzo appears near Jiminy...it's eyes devoid of life...
"Contact with the enemy...northern trail."
Then it leaves as soon as it arrived.

Assuming northern trail...going to mountains and such...


Forest

Joneh was wheezing. And this was why he never got picked for teams. He really couldn't run. Morrivan swore under her breath and steered them to a spot where Joneh could hide under the bushes. She waited, hiding behind a tree, as she listened to the sound of their pursuers catching up. She reached for her canteen and slowly twisted off the cap, ready to pour out the water at a moment's notice to use against the intruders.


Image

Forest

Jiminy glanced over at Casseus. "So, how do you feel about heights?"


Male Half Orc 16 Druid/16 Summoner

FACEPALM...they were only supposed to scout...


Male Half fiend/half giant 16 Gunslinger (pistolero)/16 Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist)

Forest
Casseus manifests two huge red, bat like wings.
"I'm ok with em."

I know HB couldnt fly, but the half fiend template grants them so...wth.


Image

Forest

Jiminy nodded. "Good. Come with me and we can take care of this little problem."

He shifted into his dragon form and took off, heading for the north trail.


Male Quasit (Demon) Gestalt Vitalist/Psion(Telepath) 16

Forest

Did Anthony just get "killed"?

Phaezeriel looks off in the direction where the Decameras are fighting, then looks back to Skivven and Casseus.

Before you go, please allow me to bring you into the telepathic collective. It helps me keep you alive, and allows us to speak with each other at will over any distance.

If they give their assent, Phaezeriel will bring them into the collective as well.


Male Half fiend/half giant 16 Gunslinger (pistolero)/16 Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist)

Casseus nods his consent, then takes off after Jiminy.


Male Ratfolk Grenadier 8/ Shadow Illusionist 5 + PF Savant 3

Skivven sits down hard, a funny look in his eyes as he forces himself to take several breaths.

B.. big. To big of dragon for spell... N.. no casting, wrong thaumics... smell to real.... that real dragon! When dragons get real?!


Headmaster Ryo wrote:
Tyga wrote:
Not seeing anyone home, Tyga leaps down into the school grounds and goes to lay on the porch. He will remain there until someone appears, sunning himself.

About half an hour passes before the door opens and the Headmaster looks down at the boy.

"welcome to Avalon. Is there something I could help you with?

"Yes indeed, it might be the case that you have what I need. I get angry sometimes and I lose self control, slashing and biting all worse than a troll. Came here to learn, and to see what I see. Might you be the one who can really help me?" Tyga says, stretching like a cat before loping the few steps over to Ryo and smelling him thoroughly.


Phaezeriel wrote:

Forest

Did Anthony just get "killed"?

No, but Michael doesn't know that. All he knows was that something kept knocking Anthony away from the force fields that would have caught him. He thinks he's dead.

Kor'Athon wrote:
FACEPALM...they were only supposed to scout...

Heh, this plot in my mind says otherwise. :p


He won't be any less angry...


At least they have the defense of being attacked first. If they get the chance to explain that is. :)


Tyga wrote:
"Yes indeed, it might be the case that you have what I need. I get angry sometimes and I lose self control, slashing and biting all worse than a troll. Came here to learn, and to see what I see. Might you be the one who can really help me?" Tyga says, stretching like a cat before loping the few steps over to Ryo and smelling him thoroughly.

"Well, I am the Headmaster here. I'm getting quite a few new students and visitors today. We offer a Meditation class you might find will help with your anger, along with a variety of other classes. Would you like to enroll? You would have to wear the school uniform."


Image

Forest

I love Skivven's reaction to Jiminy. That was just perfect. :)

Jiminy flew over the forest as fast as he could, following the line of the north trail as it wound through. He saw a hiss of steam rise from a spot just beside the trail and dived down landing in front of a very startled werebadger who had just pinned Morrivan's shoulder to a tree with a spear.

::Get away from her.::


Forest

The werebadger growls and pushes harder on the spear.

"No illusion gonna frighten me off." He says shakily.


Image

Forest

Morrivan screamed and Jiminy growled as he grabbed the werebadger in his claws none too gently.

::I'm not an illusion, and I won't stand by while someone hurts my friends. In thirty seconds I'm going to let you go and if you know what's good for you you'll run back to where you came from and not come back. You won't get another chance. I may be known for jokes, but I always keep my word, and as sure as my name is Jiminy Sunwake, I will not allow you to harm my teammates. Understood?::


Forest

The werebadger looks at the claws holding him, then at Jiminy's face, and nods.


Image

Forest

Jiminy set the badger down keeping his claws between the intruder and Morrivan who was whimpering in pain, just in case the idiot decided to take a final potshot.


Forest

Digging into the ground as soon as he's let go, the werebadger burrows back toward the Mountain Kingdom as fast as he can to report what he's learned.


Male Half-Elf

Forest

Waiting until after the first screams have stopped, Michael applies more pressure to the shells, making each breathe shallower as the last.

"Do you know what you're doing?" A small voice asks him in his mind.

"Using cold rage instead of letting white hot fury use me." He replies. "It's like a catalyst for power."


Image

Forest

Jiminy turned to Morrivan and used his claw to slice off the tip of the spear that was pinning her to the tree.

::Don't pull the spear out yet. Hold out your hand.::

As she did a healing potion appeared in her hand.

::Okay, I'm going to pull out the spear and you're going to drink that potion as soon as I do. Got it? If you pass out before you drink the potion you might bleed to death so this is important.::

He waited until she had the vial ready to drink before yanking the spear out. She gulped down the potion as best she could and wiped away the involuntary tears.

"Thanks, I think," Morrivan said. "I got one of them with a scalding water attack but while I did that the badger guy took out Joneh. And then nearly took me out too. I don't know if there were more of them or not."

Jiminy nodded. ::We'll keep looking. You head back to the fort.::

Dark Archive

Forest

His attacker was fast, and Anthony couldn't spend any breath on shouting out, just dodging. Nova hissed and lit up far brighter than before, causing the blur to stumble and crash into a tree. Anthony immediately pours beams of light into the thing, causing it to slump. Whoever that student was, it didn't matter now, they were out of the War.

"I don't like it when the target moves to fast for me to aim." He tells Nova as he leans against a tree.


Male Ratfolk Grenadier 8/ Shadow Illusionist 5 + PF Savant 3

::If someone can scout where attack come from, Skivven can provide a thank you near night fall. Skivven just need healer to watch Skivven's body for 8 hours while busy. If not scouted, direction helpful, but Skivven only have so long and so far for spell.::


Male Half-Elf

Forest

::You're new to the Forest's collective, aren't you?:: Michael asks Skivven through the link, his mental voice like a cool breeze. ::There is a path the group followed. Take it, and you'll most likely find their Kingdom.::


Male Ratfolk Grenadier 8/ Shadow Illusionist 5 + PF Savant 3

::Yes, yes, Skivven new student, just joined Academy. Skivven assigned to Forest, so Skivven help Forest win however he can!::


Male Half-Elf

::Jiminy may have another suggestion, but finding out what Kingdom sent the group is a good way to start helping. Alchemical healing a good substitute for magic when it comes to healing you? I've got a helper in the castle ready with a potent elixir.::


Image

Forest

::Michael, have you found the rest? What's wrong? You seem...upset. We've lost Joneh and I just sent Morrivan back to the fort. How is the rest of the patrol?::


Male Ratfolk Grenadier 8/ Shadow Illusionist 5 + PF Savant 3

::Any healing is good enough, Skivven even has a few brews in his pack. Skivven just needs someone able to tell if Skivven slips while under spell and give the healing then.::


Male Half-Elf

Forest

::I am. Can you tell if my brother is still with us? He might be unable to contact us if he got knocked out, and my telepathy isn't the kind that lets me check.::

::Skivven, that sounds just like what Cethru is for. A little beetle, made of clear material, is going to crawl up your arm in a few moments. It's got the elixir inside it, and will inject it if you slip.::


"Uniform, eh? I think that's okay. What about coinage, do I need to pay?" Tyga replies to headmaster Ryo, examining his uniform closely.


Male Ratfolk Grenadier 8/ Shadow Illusionist 5 + PF Savant 3

Forest

After finishing a the angel's requested scroll, and analyzing the fascinating potion beetle, Skivven settles into a dark recess of the fortress and begins a ritual incantation. As the spell is cast, the small mirror across from the Ratfolk no longer reflects the sole occupant of the room, and Skivven goes limp. A few seconds later, a shadowy rat emergs from the still body and passes through the wall, heading north at an uncanny speed and in utter silence. As the spectral rodent reaches the edge of the woods, the sun has set, and the gliding runner dips into the earth, unslowed and only the eyes showing above the ground.


Tyga wrote:
"Uniform, eh? I think that's okay. What about coinage, do I need to pay?" Tyga replies to headmaster Ryo, examining his uniform closely.

Ryo's wearing his robes, not the school uniform.

"Oh no, this school is more like a non-profit organization. We get our funding from other sources instead of tuition. Come in. Would you like something to eat? I've got it on good authority that the kitchen staff needs something to do."


Male Half fiend/half giant 16 Gunslinger (pistolero)/16 Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist)

Lands and looks around.
"Umm...well, pewp. No heads to bust."


"Yes, I am always hungry. You can just give me whate'er's sundry." He waits for Ryo to lead the way, before following behind him staring at everything curiously.


The inside of the school is rather simple, but still elegant. And quite empty, though Tyga can still smell a large amount of different people have recently been in the building. Ryo leads Tyga to the cafeteria and waves the bowls of stew he sent ahead for over to the table he sits at, waving again to pull out a chair for Tyga.

"So you want to enroll in the classes hear? If you could tell me about yourself, I can get a schedule based around your interests and the required classes."


Gonna stop bolding my speech since no one else is.

"Tyga abandoned when he was a kitten, found outside a pub in a big furry mitten. Mitten stuffed inside these bracers I wear. Since that time Tyga grow big and strong, make the people sing a fearful song. One time some men make Tyga to fight, so I just kill them and run into the night. Wandering, wandering so much to see. New sights and smells behind every tree. But like Tyga said, people always want fight me. Running angry is my whole damn life G. Never learned nothing about reading or writing, however excellent with the fighting. Hungry now, talk more after I eat. Thank you so much for this excellent treat!" With that he dives face first into the stew eating quickly and noisily. He barely stops to breathe until all the food is gone.


Male Unknown 16 Invulnerable Rager/ 16 Hex Crafter Magus

The bolding of the speech depends on the character.


"So you cannot read or write? I could find someone to teach you. I'll have to actually, so you can participate in most of your classes. You said earlier that you get angry and more fierce than a troll, so Meditation is probably a good idea, and we'll see if Basic or Advanced Physical Education is better suited for you soon. Would you like another bowl?"


Tyga nods enthusiastically.

19,501 to 19,550 of 70,222 << first < prev | 386 | 387 | 388 | 389 | 390 | 391 | 392 | 393 | 394 | 395 | 396 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tales of Agartha: the Avalon Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.