Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

The Avalon Chronicles

Game Master lynora

This is a high level rules light game set in a school for magical kids, kinda a mash-up of Soul Eater, Harry Potter, and X-Men. :)


19,301 to 19,350 of 70,202 << first < prev | 382 | 383 | 384 | 385 | 386 | 387 | 388 | 389 | 390 | 391 | 392 | next > last >>

Image
Michael Dacamara wrote:

Forest

Jiminy, Prankster of the Future wrote:
Jiminy grinned. "Hey, my job is to use the available resources to their fullest. Besides, if Dennis thinks that Anthony can take over for him when he graduates then the kid must have leadership potential."
"He was pretty quick to take the outer ring. I just hope the kind of leadership he has extends past gambling dens." Michael adds. "It's harder to believe you trust me after the slurk incident."

"Well, everybody makes mistakes. The part of you that was in your control intended it to be a humiliating prank. At least that's my read of the situation. I can respect that. I've been known to pull a few of those from time to time," he said with a wink. "It got out of control in no small part due to a nasty passenger in your brain. You're better now. And you haven't exactly been going around the school lately in a homicidal rage. Try and keep that calm," he said as he saw Pan leading in the two ladies.

::Phaeze, I've got some people here for you to scan. Potentially new recruits.::

"Okay, girls, I've sent for a telepath. If he says you're clean than you're welcome to join up. I can certainly use both of you on the team."


Image

Desert

"I'm a kitsune, not a lycan," Keme grumbled. "And I don't know why I'm stuck working with Jorge."

"Whatever. So help me, Jorge, if you try to bite me again, I will hurt you," he warned as he surveyed his team of one. "Hey how many lycans do you think we've got anyways? I only count two...oh, no, wait, there's a couple of wolves and a hawk. They were hiding in the back. Sweet. Always fun to spread the misery around. Nope, guys, it's too late to complain now. Our glorious leader says we have to scout, so we have to scout."


Male Human Gestalt Inquisitor/Dragon Knight 16

Desert
Ponders
"I have had formal military and intelligence training, yes. I will work in whatever capacity you feel I'm suited for, as long as I won't be doing dishes."


Male Human (Mole Zoanthrope) 16 Monk/Ninja

Forest
Ryuzo walks in with Pan and the two gals.
"I don't sense any deceptive intent here, for what it's worth."


Image

Desert

"Actually, Keme makes a fair point. We really don't have that many lycans here. And you've left out the half-ogre brothers. Not that it isn't easy to accidentally lump them in with the lycans since they were playing chase the kitsune earlier too," she said, amused.

"I would like to point out that I'm a flyer too. Also that I need to spend as much time in the sun as possible. Or I'll need someone to hit me with fire spells on a regular basis. I need the extra energy right now or you'll end up with one less firebird on your team since the extra protections on me will pull me out of here faster than you can blink if I start to get sick."


Image
Ryuzo Kato wrote:

Forest

Ryuzo walks in with Pan and the two gals.
"I don't sense any deceptive intent here, for what it's worth."

Jiminy nodded. "Good to know. I'd still like to have Phaeze check them out to make sure no one geased them or anything without their knowledge. It's okay girls, you can put your hands down. I'm mostly just being paranoid now."


Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^)
Fieri Sunwake wrote:

Desert

"Actually, Keme makes a fair point. We really don't have that many lycans here. And you've left out the half-ogre brothers. Not that it isn't easy to accidentally lump them in with the lycans since they were playing chase the kitsune earlier too," she said, amused.

Fei pauses for a moment, deep in thought.

"It could seem that way, yes. My apologies - it was not my intention do so, in either case. I was actually considering assigning Zren and Rikken to be Dylen's bodyguards. His abilities could be the key to our success, and he needs to be protected."

Fieri Sunwake wrote:
"I would like to point out that I'm a flyer too. Also that I need to spend as much time in the sun as possible. Or I'll need someone to hit me with fire spells on a regular basis. I need the extra energy right now or you'll end up with one less firebird on your team since the extra protections on me will pull me out of here faster than you can blink if I start to get sick."

"You had also mentioned your abilities to support the group - cheer leading, I believe you called it - and I feel those abilities necessitate you being around the majority of us. I have not forgotten your flying skills, however. I will need you to keep the skies above the oasis under observation, which should give you all the sun you need." :)


Image

desert

"Having Zren and Rikken as Dylen's bodyguards is a really smart idea. I like it."

"And I don't mind staying close to the group. I just wanted to make sure you were aware. Sounds like you've got this under control though."


Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^)

Desert

The young monk lowers his head and smiles.

"Only as long as my decisions are good ones...so I will require the occasional bit of questioning to ensure they stay that way." (^-^)


Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^)
Ghalen Kiln wrote:

Desert

Ponders
"I have had formal military and intelligence training, yes. I will work in whatever capacity you feel I'm suited for, as long as I won't be doing dishes."

"I cannot promise you will not have to do your own dishes - especially if we remain on the move - but I would prefer to have you as a strategist than as a cleaner."


So I realized that I forgot some NPCs, Morrivan's friends (I've been butchering her name too, oops). They're not esepcially important NPCs, but they're younger so I'd like to at least establish their presence now before the older NPCs start graduating so it won't seem so forced later when they start appearing more often.:)

Spoiler:

Rodhas 1d4 ⇒ 4
Joneh 1d4 ⇒ 4
Ginni 1d4 ⇒ 3
Tamina 1d4 ⇒ 1...well, that doesn't work cause Morrivan wouldn't have abandoned Tami when she left so reroll.
tamina 1d4 ⇒ 3


Image
Fei, of the Sun Soul wrote:

Desert

The young monk lowers head and smiles.

"Only as long as my decisions are good ones...so I will require the occasional bit of questioning to ensure they stay that way." (^-^)

"Well, that's what Keme is for," she said with a wink. "But I'll try to do it less obnoxiously."


Forest

Morrivan waves to Rodhas and Joneh as she sees them in the distance. It looked like they were with Anthony. She already liked this team better than the last one.


Male Human Gestalt Inquisitor/Dragon Knight 16

He smirks
"Sounds fine, then." he follows Fei into the fort.


narrator wrote:

So I realized that I forgot some NPCs, Morrivan's friends (I've been butchering her name too, oops). They're not esepcially important NPCs, but they're younger so I'd like to at least establish their presence now before the older NPCs start graduating so it won't seem so forced later when they start appearing more often.:)

** spoiler omitted **

Erm...these wouldn't be the young gaggle of girls from the unfortunate bathing suit incident, would they....? (=o_O=)


Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^)
Fieri Sunwake wrote:
"Well, that's what Keme is for," she said with a wink. "But I'll try to do it less obnoxiously."

"I am most grateful," he replies with a bow. :)


Imperial Chronicler wrote:
narrator wrote:

So I realized that I forgot some NPCs, Morrivan's friends (I've been butchering her name too, oops). They're not esepcially important NPCs, but they're younger so I'd like to at least establish their presence now before the older NPCs start graduating so it won't seem so forced later when they start appearing more often.:)

** spoiler omitted **
Erm...these wouldn't be the young gaggle of girls from the unfortunate bathing suit incident, would they....? (=o_O=)

Yep. Morrivan, Tami, and Ginni would be those girls. They're also the girls Sadie rescued from the tech zombies. If it makes you feel any better I think Morrivan is more interested in Sadie than Fei. ;P


Male Quasit (Demon) Gestalt Vitalist/Psion(Telepath) 16

Forest

::On my way.::

After a few moments, Phaezeriel flies back into the clearing and approaches Jiminy. Noting the alert posture of everyone around Sadie and Morrivan, he speaks to Jiminy again,

::These two? Where did they come from?::

Once the situation is made clear to Phaezeriel, he again speaks to Jiminy,

::I can see if they are under any compulsion, and I can test the truth of their words.::

He turns to the two women and settles to the ground, speaking into their minds,

::Sadie, a pleasure to meet one of Vai's friends. And you are Morrivan, yes? Ladies, I must draw you into a psychic link with me so that I can examine you for any coersive meddling of which you may not be aware. I cannot do this if you resist. I will not need to delve through your thoughts unless we find evidence of treachery, so your thoughts and secrets will be your own. Are you willing to be examined?

He then waits for their assent, a patient look on his face. Despite his demonic appearance, he does not seem threatening or ominous; a sense of peace surrounds him.


image

Forest

Sadie nodded. "I'm fine with it."

Morrivan looked a little nervous. She glanced at Sadie. "Well, if Sadie is okay with it, I guess I don't mind either."

Neither of them has been tampered with and they are sincere in their desire to change sides.


Male Human (Mole Zoanthrope) 16 Monk/Ninja

"Good. Now I don't have to fight a skilled fencer", he jests.


narrator wrote:
Yep. Morrivan, Tami, and Ginni would be those girls. They're also the girls Sadie rescued from the tech zombies. If it makes you feel any better I think Morrivan is more interested in Sadie than Fei. ;P

I figured that about Morrivan, but I (incorrectly) thought that '3' was 'desert' instead of 'island' - I was about to be a wee concerned regarding Ginni and Tamina ;P


image

Forest

Sadie smiled a little, finally starting to relax. "Somehow I doubt I'm that much of a threat to you."


Male Quasit (Demon) Gestalt Vitalist/Psion(Telepath) 16

Phaezeriel gathers the two into a collective, and with a grunt of effort manifests psychic chirurgery. After a long delay, a little over 10 minutes, Phaezeriel opens his eyes. He turns to Jiminy and speaks to the members of both collectives,

::They are not under the effect of any compulsion and are sincere in their desire to defect. With your permission, Jiminy, I will bring them into the main collective.::

Are either of the girls suffering from mental trauma, ability score penalty, ability damage, negative levels, insanity, confusion, etc?


Image

Forest

Phaezeriel wrote:


Are either of the girls suffering from mental trauma, ability score penalty, ability damage, negative levels, insanity, confusion, etc?

Well, I suppose that depends on how you define mental trauma. Sadie is dealing with the early stages of grief. But other than that no to all the rest of that list.

Jiminy nods. "You have my permission. Welcome to the Forest kingdom, Sadie and Morrivan. Sadie, I'm going to want you to help me come up with defensive strategies for now. And Morrivan, you should join one of the patrols. Your affinity for water might come in handy out there."


Male Half-Elf
Jiminy, Prankster of the Future wrote:
"Well, everybody makes mistakes. The part of you that was in your control intended it to be a humiliating prank. At least that's my read of the situation. I can respect that. I've been known to pull a few of those from time to time," he said with a wink. "It got out of control in no small part due to a nasty passenger in your brain. You're better now. And you haven't exactly been going around the school lately in a homicidal rage. Try and keep that calm," he said as he saw Pan leading in the two ladies.

"I'll leave the pranks to you anyway, or at least the ones here in school. Got a whole family of shinobi to impress before too long." Michel sighs. "I'll go figure out how far my brother considers the 'outer circle' to be and make the 'inner circle' halfway to it. I'll send something that might resemble a report in later."

With a nod to Ryuzo and the girls, Michael rounds up a few people that know at least a little about hunting and staying out of sight in forests and heads out to meet up with Anthony. He could experiment with the mental connection and his own ability a bit too, just to see what would happen...

Dark Archive

narrator wrote:

Forest

Morrivan waves to Rodhas and Joneh as she sees them in the distance. It looked like they were with Anthony. She already liked this team better than the last one.

Anthony waves back and hurries over with the others, practically beside himself with excitement.

"I don't think I could have asked for a better group! Now, how many here besides myself can travel the high roads?" He asks as he points up to the tree limbs. "Anyone?"


Male Quasit (Demon) Gestalt Vitalist/Psion(Telepath) 16

Phaezeriel allows the second collective to dissipate, and gather Morrivan and Sadie in with the rest of the Forest students.

::Welcome to the team, ladies.::

Something bad has happened here recently. She seems to be handling it in a healthy way so far, but I will watch her for any signs of depression.


Forest

"Anthony! Jiminy said I should join a patrol, so I can go out with you guys?" Morrivan asked eagerly. "Umm...I don't think I can manage walking in the trees though."

"I can!" Rodhas said. "Well, I think I can. I've never tried it, but it can't be that different from a ship's rigging right? And I have no trouble with that."


Male Human (Mole Zoanthrope) 16 Monk/Ninja

"Me? I'm just a mole-man. What could I possibly do?" mock innosence

Knowing the one roads leads to mountain kingdom, Ryuzo mentaly re-directs his other clone to investigate another avenue, if there is one.

Dark Archive

narrator wrote:

Forest

"Anthony! Jiminy said I should join a patrol, so I can go out with you guys?" Morrivan asked eagerly. "Umm...I don't think I can manage walking in the trees though."

"I can!" Rodhas said. "Well, I think I can. I've never tried it, but it can't be that different from a ship's rigging right? And I have no trouble with that."

"Okay, get up there if you can and try it out. Stick to the lower branches for a bit until you get the hang of it. You better be hurt before you fall out of a tree if you're going to do any falling."

"Morri, you're good with water and stuff, right? Take someone with you and find all the lakes and rivers you can within whatever seems like five miles from the castle to you. Mark your way so you don't get lost. While we're at it, no one goes alone, okay? I don't want some tripping over a root they didn't see and coming back with a bloody nose or worse, can't make it back at all. Basic forest stuff, really."


Forest

"Okay, you got it! Joneh, you coming with me?" Morrivan asked and once she had his agreement head out. "Don't worry, Anthony, we'll be careful. you too!"

[i]Rodhas climbed up the nearest tree at the speed of a hyper squirrel. "Hey, this is fun!"

Dark Archive

"Try to be quiet!" Anthony calls up to Rodhas as he looks for a tree to climb.

How many are in this group?


Desert

“Thanks guys, I…really don’t like violence. Also one final thing: my abilities can really be used for just about anything I can imagine, if you need almost any form of enchantment to enhance your combat strength, or a long term medic behind the lines I can do that too.” Dylen informs his teammates. “Just tell me what you need.”


Anthony Dacamara wrote:

"Try to be quiet!" Anthony calls up to Rodhas as he looks for a tree to climb.

How many are in this group?

About a dozen per patrol. So if you've got folks splitting into pairs the six teams for your patrol.

Dark Archive

"Okay everyone, split up into pairs and pick a direction. Try to, um, stay within yelling or whistling distance of the others as long as you can so you can get help quick. Uh, also try not to just partner up with a friend right away I guess, mix up abilities and skills. I'm taking the high roads with Rodhas, and I think we should at least another group or two up there too. Try to be back by nightfall if you can." Anthony says before he scales a tree and meets up with Rodhas for treeline scouting.


Male Half-Elf

Forest

After catching up with Anthony and figuring out where the outer patrols are scouting, Michael lets his patrol group know where their scouting.

"Okay, what abilities and powers do we have at our disposal? We should try to get pairs set up with complimentary skills."


Male Elf Bard 14/Sorcerer (Maestro) 14

Forest

Ehos was taking his duty as Phaezeriel's bodyguard seriously. He had suggested to the psion that he protect himself from sonic damage if at all possible, which would allow Ehos to cast spells if it came to that.

Upon the approach of the pair of defectors, Ehos bowed slightly. He recognized the dark-skinned girl as the one who had drunkenly told him to back off when her dance partner had bumped into him. Once the pair was part of the main collectively, Ehos quietly speaks to their minds, including Phaezeriel as well. ::Hello, ladies. Pardon my inability to greet you properly, as would be fitting for such loveliness.:: Despite his flirtatious attitude, it's clear through the mindlink that it is all in good fun.


Female Elf Gestalt Sorcerer (Starsoul) 16/Oracle (Heavens) 16

Island

Tyrrin nodded ascent. Compromise was required at times. People had to feel like their opinions mattered. This was fine. "Alright," she says, mostly to the other generals, but loud enough for everyone to hear. "As far as I figure, we have two possible strategies. Our nation is the most easily defended. Our navy safeguards the near ocean, while in order to get to us, our enemies will have to battle through the perils of sea-borne travel. One option available to us is simply to reinforce our home nation and wait for the enemies to break upon on like waves on a beach."

A brief pause to allow the first stratagem to sink in before continuing. "Our second option would be to immdiately and visciously strike out against one of the more resource-rich kingdoms, either the mountain kingdom or the forest kingdoms, and make use of their resources to further fuel our attack. Use momentum to our advantage. I can see pros and cons in both these strategies..." Tyrrin stops and look to the other generals. They could perhaps provide other insight, something she had missed. There was a reason rulers needed advisors, after all.


Artorius speaks almost as soon as Tyrrin is done "First mistake, never assume the enemy cannot get to you easily, second forest while great in resources are also much better for the defenders than the attackers, unless you burn them down which makes it pointless for resources.
Pauses for a bit before going on. "Now on to the plans themselves, if we defend we have no idea how the enemies will use their abilities, to get to us, I can think off hand a few ways to get in and off this island, even if we build up. As for attacking unless you know the feel strength of the enemy that is a fool's errand, I suggest if everyone wants to go that way, that we send three or four people as a scout group that can gauge defenses.


M Advanced Axiomite Gestalt 16 Inquisiter/Swashbuckler(ToS)

Island

"What do we have in the way of flyers?"


Island

After a few minutes of just staying back and watching everyone else, Juco and Maru make their way to Ephebe and tap her lightly on the shoulder.

"How do..." Juco starts.
"..you fight?" Maru finishes. It's the first time anyone has heard them speak since they've been at Avalon, and a few people are looking at them with shocked expressions on their faces.


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6

Island

Ephebe looked surprised. "Well, I'm a really good flyer. And fast too. But that's not really the optimal way for me to fight. I'm terrible at fighting with teeth and claws. I've got my breath weapon in both forms. But mostly I fight with these," she said, her eyes going purple-black as she manifested her white flame chakram. "I'm a much more effective combatant in this form. And I also have my Caster, though that's more used to let me support others. Healing and so on."

She dismissed her chakram and her eyes faded back to normal. "Does that answer your question sufficiently?"


Island

Nodding once, they both touch Ephebe on the shoulder again, leaving a strange feeling behind. It digs into her for a moment before disappearing.

It's possible they are smiling, but with their eyes instead of their mouths.

"Make them..."
"... once more."


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6

Island

"O-okay," she said, hesitantly. She wasn't at all sure about that strange feeling. But she was asking them to trust her in spite of what they'd been through. She owed them the same courtesy.

Her eyes went purple-black once more as she manifested her chakram.

And then she looked surprised. The chakram felt...more real somehow, the flame flowing more easily than before. She tilted her head and considered. She changed the chakram to a whip with ease, something that would have taken a great deal of concentration before, and then back to chakram. She bit her lip and tried to shape the flame into something else, getting a shape that was recognizable as a dragon rather than the blob she would have gotten before.

"I'm pretty sure Lysander would say this is cheating, but I like it," she said, grinning.


Island

"It's what..."
"... we do."

They seem more relaxed around Ephebe now as they watch the flame change shape.


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6

Island

"Wow. I think you guys might just be the most valuable members of this team!" ^.^


Image

Island

"I agree with Artorius that we should scout out the enemies' territories first, before attacking. And I would like to suggest that we also consider another option. Alliance. If we ally with one of the other kingdoms we could more easily conquer another by working together."


Ephebe wrote:

Island

"Wow. I think you guys might just be the most valuable members of this team!" ^.^

The boys smile with their eyes again and move back to a wall, preferring the shade over mingling.


Male Half Orc 16 Druid/16 Summoner

Mountain
Kor will take the rest of the students not suited for combat, and tour the fortress. He'll talk with them evenly and not make judgements about them, choosing to not participate in combat. He'll find out strengths and weaknesses, and assign tasks for morale and service purposes, getting the kitchen staffed and getting things working to feed everyone. He'll then take the 10 minutes to commune with nature, to see what the area was really like.


Kor:
The area itself is made up of mountains that go out in all directions for miles and miles, hiding things like valleys and lakes. The game would be harder to hunt than usual, since most of it is used to escaped predators in the mountains, but there is still plenty.

They aren't in every mountain, but there are also cave systems(maybe mines) that go pretty far. There is even one about half a mile under the fortress, far enough down it wouldn't cause any problems if it collapsed.

19,301 to 19,350 of 70,202 << first < prev | 382 | 383 | 384 | 385 | 386 | 387 | 388 | 389 | 390 | 391 | 392 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tales of Agartha: the Avalon Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.