Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

The Avalon Chronicles

Game Master lynora

This is a high level rules light game set in a school for magical kids, kinda a mash-up of Soul Eater, Harry Potter, and X-Men. :)


18,651 to 18,700 of 68,833 << first < prev | 369 | 370 | 371 | 372 | 373 | 374 | 375 | 376 | 377 | 378 | 379 | next > last >>

Image

"Well, everyone has to take PE. And new arrivals have to take History of Agartha. Aside from that, there's a little of everything. Mechanics, philosophy, magical studies..there's a basic intro class as well as more specialized classes in things like enchantment, conjuration, evocation, and so on; music, art, dance, alchemy, religion, culinary arts, nature magic, care of magical creatures, healing arts, meditation, unarmed combat, light blades, heavy blades, mathemagics, accounting. There's a chance to pursue whatever your interests and talents are."


"You weren't here for the demonstration, but I might sit in on the unarmed combat one a few times. I'll let them choose the classes they want to take. Honestly, I thought of assisting the the kitchen staff. Getting Ephebe something that doesn't make her puke may just sweeten the deal." Tamara says as she glances toward the girls restroom.


An extremely handsome asian kid in a perfectly-tailored and obnoxiously expensive suit strides confidently around the corner to the cafeteria. Spotting Dylen and Ephebe and Krays and the others, he snags a bottle of water and comes over to the table. His voice has a strange glitch to it, and his left hand is missing, the cuffs of his shirt and suit flapping limply over the abrupt stump of his wrist.

"Hello friends! Mind if I 011001010111001001110010011011110111001000110101 0011001001100011011011110110111001110110011001010111001001110100 011100110111010101101101 join you?" The garbled blast of machinespeak in the middle of his sentence sounds like a protracted metallic belch and bears stark contrast to his otherwise-flawless appearance.

Without waiting for a reply, Yu sits down and emits another metallic grinding sound from low in his sternum. "011000100110000101100100010000110101001001000011" He then announces to no one in particular; "That's one of my powers. That I've got. That I do. Here. I'm learning to control it with help. Here." He smiles winningly and does not drink his water.

To anyone with 'scanners' or scanners up:
Yu's alignment comes across as a giant mishmosh of all the possible alignment types; a giant scrambled glob of impressions. He gives off no magical aura whatsoever. Anyone attempting to read his mind or communicate telepathically receives an extremely painful blast of telepathic "static" -- white noise on steroids -- as a response. Yu seems to be completely unaware of any of these kinds of checks as they're going on, and doesn't appear to be actively thwarting them.

"So! I'm still new. What are everyone's powers? Can any of you do magic powers? Or machine powers? Guns? Books? Weather? Metal? Really curious! I am really curious."


Nasima sits calmly in Sifu Daiyu's room. With Keme and Fei both gone and with just good ol' Percy next to her, she finds it much easier to Center herself. She has finished her tea, and her Sifu is sitting across from her and her magma elemental pal.


Female unknown unknown

"As Fei and I were being disincorporealized and sent back through the chain of our respective realities, I saw that we had, unfortunately, been observed. It is my mistake, and I may have jeopardized the school for it. One of the inhabitants of the crevice of shadow that rings the abyssal plane saw us. One of the Proctors. A shadowmancer. Something Ryleh said clued me in to the possibility of Khoda getting power fed to him. It took some time, but by observing your aura, Nasima, I was able to track back to the crevice. I knew what had to be done. I took Fei because of the purity of his spirit, but I fear the banked fires of his immense power will be as a beacon to a Proctor. Or, if we are unlucky, a bench of proctors. They will come."

She pauses.

"We should...prevent their coming, if possible. I am going to leave for two hours, Nasima. I need you and Percy to help by staying here and making sure no one comes in or out of this classroom. Absolutely no one. Am I clear?"

'Sima and Perce nod, their eyes big as saucers.

"I will make a check of the borderlands and set certain alarms. Then I return to see what help I can gather, and what more I can learn. Now. Hopefully this will be quite easy. I trust you both tremendously."

With that, Sifu Daiyu closes her eyes, and is silent. All is silent. A chill wind blows across the flat rock ledge, but Percy and Nasima remain for a moment or two. Then the sylph gets up, goes over, and locks the door.


F Sylph

"It feels silly locking a door in this place, but whatever. It's a start." Nasima sounds worried. "What do you think a Shadowmancer is, Perce? I've never heard of 'em."


Percy frowns and emits steam from his veins. "Me neither. But whatever it is, I doubt it's good."


Yu-Nyin Bahs wrote:


"So! I'm still new. What are everyone's powers? Can any of you do magic powers? Or machine powers? Guns? Books? Weather? Metal? Really curious! I am really curious."

Dylen looks at Yu curiously, unsure of what to make of him. “I have a magic power…” He admits hesitantly. “I can...make things in my imagination become real sometimes.”


Male Kobold (Young Adult Black dragon) Gestalt Sorceror/Oracle 16 Necromancer; Champion of Death

::Awkward....::

Looks at the new guy...
Life sense. Is it alive? Like not an inatimate object, not undead? I dunno if that translates to all life or normal life, I leave that to you...


Krays:
Yu registers as being incredibly, impossibly, overwhelmingly alive. (I'm assuming that's as accurate as life sense gets? Do you have a PRD link to that power? I'd like to make sure I'm depicting Yu as accurately as possible. I'm not tryna "pull one over" on anyone. :-)


Yu grins broadly at Dylen and replies eagerly; "That is excellent! What do you imagine! How does your Power manifest!"


Male Kobold (Young Adult Black dragon) Gestalt Sorceror/Oracle 16 Necromancer; Champion of Death
DM Downrightamazed wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

It's modeled after this power from Necromancy school, but Krays' is always on...

Spoiler:
Life Sight (Su): At 8th level, you gain blindsight to a range of 10 feet for a number of rounds per day equal to your wizard level. This ability only allows you to detect living creatures and undead creatures. This sight also tells you whether a creature is living or undead. Constructs and other creatures that are neither living nor undead cannot be seen with this ability. The range of this ability increases by 10 feet at 12th level, and by an additional 10 feet for every four levels beyond 12th. These rounds do not need to be consecutive.


Krays:
Okay, cool. Given that description, I believe I've answered as accurately as I can. Saying more would be unfair and give away too much.


Male Kobold (Young Adult Black dragon) Gestalt Sorceror/Oracle 16 Necromancer; Champion of Death

Fair enough :)
"You're...interesting..." he says to Yu.

::Umm...this guy is overly alive...it's kinda creepy.:: He says to Ephebe through their bond.

Says the necromancer ^.^


Female Half-elf Gestalt Sorcerer6/Dragon Disciple9 // Rogue (Swashbuckler)8/Duelist7
Fei, of the Sun Soul wrote:

Not wanting to cause any more trouble than he evidently already has, Fei simply nods and stands so they can leave the Cafeteria.

Now Keme, Nasima and Percy must walk in - we must make this apocalypse complete, after all... >)

Doesn't look like that is going to happen, sadly.

Vai leads them both in awkward silence to the classroom they share for lunchtime training. Once there, Vai has several false starts before saying: "I'm sorry I put you in a position like this Fei. If... if you don't reciprocate, we can just pretend this never happened..."


Vai Sunwake wrote:
Fei, of the Sun Soul wrote:

Not wanting to cause any more trouble than he evidently already has, Fei simply nods and stands so they can leave the Cafeteria.

Now Keme, Nasima and Percy must walk in - we must make this apocalypse complete, after all... >)

Doesn't look like that is going to happen, sadly.

*whistles innocently*

What, me be plotting something?


Yu turns to face Krays and smiles warmly at him, but it's the smile of a politician seeking election, or a salesman seeking your money. "Thank you, friend! You are Krays, correct? I ha- 01100010 0110000101100100010000110101001001000011011100100110010100101101 011010010110111001101001011101000110110101100101011011010111001101101100 011011110111010000110000011110000011000000110000 0011000000110010 -ve seen some of your powers! But only some! Things that are no longer alive, you can control, yes? When did this manifest! 011000100110000101100100 0010000001110111011100100110100101110100011001010010000001101001 0110111000100000001100000111100000110111001110000011011100111000 How do you...do your power?!"

Yu continues to not drink his water. He hasn't even opened it. Perhaps he's saving it for later.


M Human? Psion
Tyrrin Denulia wrote:
"So far, it looks to be mostly bad. I'm not sure the beauty of the new sky is worth the cost. That is yet to be seen."

"Times of transistion are always difficult for those living through them. Having said that, what do you plan to do now that you have looked over the information on the Dragon Empire in the restricted room? Being who you are makes your possession of that knowledge very dangerous. If you decide on a course to bring the Empire here, I suggest you talk to a few others that can tell you more about it. Mr. Ghalen Kiln, so I have been informed, actually held a position of authority within the Empire. Also Mr. Velvarmisan Shephord can give you another point of view. As the Ambassader of the Axiomite race he is outside both the Empire and Avalon."

Your 31 was exactly enough to see that the disguise was a disguise.

To Headmaster Ryo::The breakin to the room containing the Dragon Empire information was a Tyrrin Denulia, who claims to be the daughter of High Seer Denulia. I have reason to believe she was assisted by Mr. de Eil, but have not actually seen him, only one of his rats. I am certain that he wanted us to know he was involved.::


Warforged Engineer Alchemist 16/Armiger 16 Champion of Creation

Jim, finished working for the moment in the lab, comes to the cafeteria to get a bite to eat, bringing his workers with him, as they worked wonderfully during the operation, and he thinks they deserve a treat. Maybe a little coffee.

He walks through the cafeteria, his homunculi trailing behind him, surprisingly well-behaved. As they approach the line to get food, they spot the coffee machine. They begin getting jittery, but Jim turns around, telling them, "You each get one. You were all a big help, so I think you've earned it. But only one. Cup, that is, not pot," he finishes, seeing one run over to the coffee machine, followed by the others. It seems his words have sunken in, though, as each only gets one cup, although they fill it to the brim.

Jim gets his usual heap of food, trying out all diferrent things from the menu, smelling each individually, still glad he'd made the olfactory mask he wears. Once he's gotten food for himself and his minions, he looks for a good place to sit. Seeing Ephebe, Krays, Phaeze, and the rest, he figures it's as good a spot if any.

"Do you guys mind if I sit here?" He asks, keeping an eye on Yu, who he had only just noticed.

The homunculi chatter incoherently for a while behind him, seemingly angry.

Yes, of course. Sorry, but may we sit here?


Male Kobold (Young Adult Black dragon) Gestalt Sorceror/Oracle 16 Necromancer; Champion of Death

"Some of my power is innate, some of it is granted by a deific being. What manner of being are you?"


Male Kobold (Young Adult Black dragon) Gestalt Sorceror/Oracle 16 Necromancer; Champion of Death

"Yes of course Jim. Any friend of Aananda's..."


Warforged Engineer Alchemist 16/Armiger 16 Champion of Creation

Thank you, he says, sitting down, as the homunculi file in nearby, taking seats of their own. He hands out their respective trays of food as they continue savoring their cups of coffee. The food distributed, he digs into his own tray, eating steadily and quickly. The mountain of food before him is quickly reduced to a mere hill, at which point he slows down, eating at a more regular pace, still keeping his eye on Yu.

The homunculi eat at varying rates of speed, all taking frequent sips of their coffee, still amazingly well-behaved for them.

Cheliax

Ehos Denulia wrote:
::Which part? The half-naked girl or the room half-destroyed?:: Ehos says with a smile. After all, Anthony shouldn't be getting into girls yet, but that was certainly what Ehos was thinking about.

"The room. I've seen the lake fey before back in Anderail, so the half-naked girl wasn't anything new. The mist covering stuff up was neat though."

Can't believe I missed this.


Female Elf Gestalt Sorcerer (Starsoul) 16/Oracle (Heavens) 16
Morgan the Librarian wrote:

"Times of transistion are always difficult for those living through them. Having said that, what do you plan to do now that you have looked over the information on the Dragon Empire in the restricted room? Being who you are makes your possession of that knowledge very dangerous. If you decide on a course to bring the Empire here, I suggest you talk to a few others that can tell you more about it. Mr. Ghalen Kiln, so I have been informed, actually held a position of authority within the Empire. Also Mr. Velvarmisan Shephord can give you another point of view. As the Ambassader of the Axiomite race he is outside both the Empire and Avalon."

Your 31 was exactly enough to see that the disguise was a disguise.

"The first thing I plan on doing is discussing this with my Mother. There is a council meeting amongst the High Seers coming shortly, and this is information she needs to know. However, if all of the inhabitants of said Empire are as obnoxious as Mister Kiln, then perhaps it would be better for us to stay isolated." Tyrrin finally notices something odd about the librarian's form. "Another question that is burning at me right now is why you feel the need to disguise yourself?" Tyrrin does slow during any of the conversation, and the pair are approaching the library's door.


Male Elf Bard 14/Sorcerer (Maestro) 14
Anthony Dacamara wrote:
Ehos Denulia wrote:
::Which part? The half-naked girl or the room half-destroyed?:: Ehos says with a smile. After all, Anthony shouldn't be getting into girls yet, but that was certainly what Ehos was thinking about.

"The room. I've seen the lake fey before back in Anderail, so the half-naked girl wasn't anything new. The mist covering stuff up was neat though."

Can't believe I missed this.

::I've seen rooms like this. Though the one I remember was much... well. It's not a pleasant memory, and I don't want to inflict it on you. I should go try practicing, though:: Ehos sounds confident, but there is a small hint of apprehension about the experiment.


M Human? Psion

Good, you can look beneath the surface. Most never get that far. To answer your question I have to deal with students and faculty that would find my normal form disquieting at best. If you wish, I will show you.


Morgan the Librarian wrote:

To Headmaster Ryo::The breakin to the room containing the Dragon Empire information was a Tyrrin Denulia, who claims to be the daughter of High Seer Denulia. I have reason to believe she was assisted by Mr. de Eil, but have not actually seen him, only one of his rats. I am certain that he wanted us to know he was involved.::

::Kindly tell Miss Denulia that entering the restricted section without permission is all that would be needed to give her two weeks of detention, and that she needs permission to spread whatever information she's gained from her reading. Doing so without permission is grounds for suspension if not expulsion::

"This is not good..." Ryo says to his empty office as he sits down. "Not good at all."

Cheliax

Ehos Denulia wrote:
::I've seen rooms like this. Though the one I remember was much... well. It's not a pleasant memory, and I don't want to inflict it on you. I should go try practicing, though:: Ehos sounds confident, but there is a small hint of apprehension about the experiment.

"Yep. You get in that room and break some targets already, I wanna see what you do!" Anthony runs ahead and practically slams the door open for Ehos. "Come on, you'll never find out if my idea works if you don't try it."


Krays wrote:
"Some of my power is innate, some of it is granted by a deific being. What manner of being are you?"

Oh, just a friend. Just a...just a merchant's son. My father is involved with the feed of supplies to this school. That food you're eating, right there? Some of that came out of our supply chain. Probably not all of it, though. When I began to manifest Powers, he wanted me to come here to learn how to 011000100110000101100100010000110101001001000011 since he already knew this establishment was top-grade. So I am here! To learn about powers, now!"

He turns to Jim: "Hello, friend! You are...mechanic. Operator. Engineer. Maker. Yes? What Powers do you have! How do they manifest! How is it you make. As in these large duplicates of yourself." He indicates the homunculi with his stump.


Yu suddenly pauses, and raises one eyebrow. He makes a pained face, twitches for a second, then convulses. For the briefest of moments, anyone looking at him is presented with a bizarre and unseemly analog of a human face falling digitally apart. It's just for a second, though, and then all is back to normal.

He now has a left hand.


That was a very, very, very strange link...


Male Kobold (Young Adult Black dragon) Gestalt Sorceror/Oracle 16 Necromancer; Champion of Death

"Umm...you alright?"


Warforged Engineer Alchemist 16/Armiger 16 Champion of Creation

Yes, you've hit the nail on the head, I'm a mechanic, operator, all of those things. What powers I have shouldn't really be any of your concern. I simply make. That's all there is to it.

Once his episode is complete, Jim says, Perhaps it would be best for you to visit the Infirmary, that seemed unnatural, to say the least. And what happened to your stump?, eying Yu carefully.

Sorry bout that, had some stuff to take care of.


Dylen just looks at Yu, dumbfounded.


Yu looks blankly at Jim for a second, then laughs. "Hahahahaaa! No, I am fine. Things are fine. One of my powers is regeneration, but my mind goes blank and I kind of lose muscle control when it happens! When I was young, I would even poop in my pants! HAHAHAHAHAHAAA! So that is one reason why Father sent me here, so things wouldn't get worse. So I could learn to control things and not make messes. I did not make one right now, if you were wondering. Anyway you would smell it if I had. I had tacos! Earlier!" The well-dressed youngster laughs as if he had just told the funniest joke in the multiverse.

"Well, friend, you do not have to tell me about your Powers. I understand. I am sorry if I was too c- if I was nosey. That was not my goal. I will say, though, that maybe one of my Powers could help with yours! For example!"

Yu's right pants leg suddenly goes limp from about the knee down, and to everyone's horror, his foot and calf come crawling out from under the table on 5 mismatched spider-like legs, clacking and clawing sightlessly towards Jim. Long before it gets to him, though, the thing dissolves into a quicksilver-ish fluid (or is it?), and then slowly out of this puddle an exact replica of Jim begins to form. Feet first, then the powerful, broad legs and articulated core. Up through the torso, arms, and neck and head. In the end, it is only about 6" tall, and looks in every way identical to the Champion of Creation. It flies up onto the table on little jets that come out of its shoulder and salutes Jim.

"reporting for duty, boss!" the thing says, and its voice even sounds eerily like Jim's. This construct's movements are fast and liquid and strong. It appears by all accounts to be another life form. In some ways, it seems more alive than Yu himself.

Yu grins at Jim in what it's clear he thinks is a friendly way. "A gift! To you! For friends! I can make this thing. I can show you how to make these sometime, if you'd like. Just ask!" The wealthy merchant's son looks amiably around the table and settles his eyes back on Dylen. "So! You! Friend. We were discussing your imagination. What things does it make! How do they appear! Deific Entity, like Krays?!"


Krays:
As far as you can tell, that mini-Jim on the table is every bit as alive as Yu is, and in the exact same way.


Warforged Engineer Alchemist 16/Armiger 16 Champion of Creation

Jim bends down to inspect it. It would certainly be interesting to be able to make these, but it seems to take parts of your body to do so, and besides, there are more important things at hand. For starters, how do you know of my flight? I don't think I've ever done so in front of you.

The quicksilver fluid seems familiar to Jim, but he can't quite place it.


Female Elf Gestalt Sorcerer (Starsoul) 16/Oracle (Heavens) 16
Morgan the Librarian wrote:
Good, you can look beneath the surface. Most never get that far. To answer your question I have to deal with students and faculty that would find my normal form disquieting at best. If you wish, I will show you.

"Given what else I've seen already in this school, including demons and lycanthropes, I doubt this will be much of a shock, but feel free." Tyrrin stops then backs away from the librarian to give him space to transform.


“I…actually don’t know how it works exactly, I just imagine something and it happens.” Dylen replies to Yu after he seems to gather himself a bit. “What is a Deific Entity?”


Reader/Scholar 2

"He means a god or something very close in power to one." Gareth pipes up. "Sorta like how people can pray and get spells, I think."


Male Elf Bard 14/Sorcerer (Maestro) 14
Anthony Dacamara wrote:
Ehos Denulia wrote:
::I've seen rooms like this. Though the one I remember was much... well. It's not a pleasant memory, and I don't want to inflict it on you. I should go try practicing, though:: Ehos sounds confident, but there is a small hint of apprehension about the experiment.
"Yep. You get in that room and break some targets already, I wanna see what you do!" Anthony runs ahead and practically slams the door open for Ehos. "Come on, you'll never find out if my idea works if you don't try it."

Ehos rushes into the room, pulling the door closed behind him. The door is heavier than expected, a detail Ehos notes. Good soundproofing then. Seeing several targets around the room, Ehos finally removes his scarf, and takes a deep breath of the fresh air, so long denied him behind the mask. He had learned a little bit of how to throw his voice in bard college. He tried to do just that, and one of the targets exploded in a inaudible tinkle. Unfortuneately it wasn't the one he aimed at...


Gareth Myrrdin wrote:
"He means a god or something very close in power to one." Gareth pipes up. "Sorta like how people can pray and get spells, I think."

"Oh, no, I'm not like that, I don't think." Dylen replies.

Cheliax

Ehos Denulia wrote:
Unfortuneately it wasn't the one he aimed at...

"Okay, this is kinda cool." A pale white light writes in mid-air. "Ha! I can throw my light like people throw their voices! You hit one? Aw man, I missed that."


M Advanced Advanced Serpentfolk 20 Order of the Tome Musketeer(Cavalier archtype)/Telepath/ 2 Psionic Gunslinger
Tyrrin Denulia wrote:
"Given what else I've seen already in this school, including demons and lycanthropes, I doubt this will be much of a shock, but feel free." Tyrrin stops then backs away from the librarian to give him space to transform.

Morssgan drops his Disguise Self Spell. "As you can see, not what the student that just got ran out of their village because they were different wants to see." He then gives Tyrrin the Headmasters message.


Male Kobold (Young Adult Black dragon) Gestalt Sorceror/Oracle 16 Necromancer; Champion of Death

Is this in any way reminiscent of what happened in the boiler room a month or so ago?


Krays wrote:
Is this in any way reminiscent of what happened in the boiler room a month or so ago?

Mmmmmmmmaybe. ;-)


"Jim" Rivets wrote:
Jim bends down to inspect it. It would certainly be interesting to be able to make these, but it seems to take parts of your body to do so, and besides, there are more important things at hand. For starters, how do you know of my flight? I don't think I've ever done so in front of you.

"Oh, can you fly? I did not know! Hah! Hah! I guessed correctly. I am happy. This was simply a thing I thought would be helpful for a tiny version of you to have."


Warforged Engineer Alchemist 16/Armiger 16 Champion of Creation

I... see.

Jim returns to eating, although he keeps an eye on him.


Male Kobold (Young Adult Black dragon) Gestalt Sorceror/Oracle 16 Necromancer; Champion of Death
DM Downrightamazed wrote:
Krays wrote:
Is this in any way reminiscent of what happened in the boiler room a month or so ago?
Mmmmmmmmaybe. ;-)

is it the same kind of 'life'?


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6

Since I've been mentioned a few times, I would like to point out that I have not yet returned from the restroom. So I have no idea what's going on.

18,651 to 18,700 of 68,833 << first < prev | 369 | 370 | 371 | 372 | 373 | 374 | 375 | 376 | 377 | 378 | 379 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tales of Agartha: the Avalon Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.