Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

The Avalon Chronicles

Game Master lynora

This is a high level rules light game set in a school for magical kids, kinda a mash-up of Soul Eater, Harry Potter, and X-Men. :)


18,601 to 18,650 of 70,227 << first < prev | 368 | 369 | 370 | 371 | 372 | 373 | 374 | 375 | 376 | 377 | 378 | next > last >>

Male Kobold (Young Adult Black dragon) Gestalt Sorceror/Oracle 16 Necromancer; Champion of Death

"Wow..."
::This just keeps gettin' better. Is it wrong to enjoy your siblings' discomfort?:: he asks Ephebe


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6

Ephebe waved at the new student.

::Probably,:: she said to Krays, ::but that never stopped anyone from feeling that way.::


Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^)
Vai Sunwake wrote:
It was like a blow, straight to Vai's chest. The calm congratulations. It meant he felt nothing for her. She needed to respond though, so she stammers: "Er, um. We're not really... I mean. She and I aren't..." she tries to take a moment to calm down, taking a shaky breath. "We're... not really dating... we're just friends... I..." she looks at Fei, his calm, serene features. "I mean... I kinda like... you..." the final word there is barely audible, and Vai breaks eye contact before finishing the sentence.

Fei's 'calm, serene features' change to features of 'confusion and being at quite a loss' rather quickly. (^-^)

"....Oh. It...would appear that I misunderstood what Ephebe said to me regarding this matter earlier today. I thought...this was happy news for you - I did not mean for it to...be...um..."

The young monk's sentence simply ceases, the look on his face betraying a mix of near-complete perplexity and the realization that he just hurt somebody in a way no person should - and that nothing he was trying to say was making it any better. (o.O)


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6

*facepalm*

"Alright let's try to untangle this before it gets worse. Yes, I told you that Vai went on a date with Sadie. At the time I was not yet privy to any information on how that date went. Short answer, not so great. You jumped to the conclusion that date = relationship all on your own. So. Obviously they're not in a relationship and decided after going out once to just be friends. Now. You two should probably go and finish this conversation in private. "


Male Unknown 16 Invulnerable Rager/ 16 Hex Crafter Magus

Enre walks into the cafe to eat with his niece and nephew when he notice the table full of the students from off world as well as Fei, Krays, Ephebe, Phaezeriel and Vai. He than notices Fei's face and shakes his head feeling for Fei, he himself had that look a few times himself. He than moves to get some food while his niece says "Uncle, when can we go without you around the school?"
Enre thinks about it for a moment before saying "Can go after we eat."


Feeling his sense of epically awkward timing is still fully intact Dylen gives the folks around the table a hesitant wave then lapses into silence as he tries to politely not listen to the unfolding drama.


Male Kobold (Young Adult Black dragon) Gestalt Sorceror/Oracle 16 Necromancer; Champion of Death

"So...Uhh..welcome to Avalon?"


Female Half-elf Gestalt Sorcerer6/Dragon Disciple9 // Rogue (Swashbuckler)8/Duelist7

Vai took a deep breath to stop her trembling lip. He hadn't said no. Or that he didn't feel the same way. Yet. Her voice still cracked when she spoke, despite trying really hard to sound calm. "I... it's okay... you misunderstood... Sis is right... can we talk a little more privately?" There were alot of people either looking at them or pretending they weren't. She had made a fool of herself in front of all her friends.


Krays wrote:
"So...Uhh..welcome to Avalon?"

Dylen nods in acknowledgement to this but, not wanting to speak over someone else who seems to be having a hard time, chooses to stay silent after and offers no further reply.


Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^)
Vai Sunwake wrote:
Vai took a deep breath to stop her trembling lip. He hadn't said no. Or that he didn't feel the same way. Yet. Her voice still cracked when she spoke, despite trying really hard to sound calm. "I... it's okay... you misunderstood... Sis is right... can we talk a little more privately?" There were alot of people either looking at them or pretending they weren't. She had made a fool of herself in front of all her friends.

Not wanting to cause any more trouble than he evidently already has, Fei simply nods and stands so they can leave the Cafeteria.

Now Keme, Nasima and Percy must walk in - we must make this apocalypse complete, after all... >)


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6

Once Fei and Vai have stepped out, Ephebe sighs.

::Please don't let Sima decide she's hungry right now, please don't, please don't...::

"So," she said to the new guy. "Welcome to Avalon. I'd say that things weren't always that dramatic, but this is a school. Full of teenagers. And I know I've contributed my fair share to that drama as well. So...yeah, it's always like this. Umm....what's your name?"


Ephebe wrote:

Once Fei and Vai have stepped out, Ephebe sighs.

::Please don't let Sima decide she's hungry right now, please don't, please don't...::

"So," she said to the new guy. "Welcome to Avalon. I'd say that things weren't always that dramatic, but this is a school. Full of teenagers. And I know I've contributed my fair share to that drama as well. So...yeah, it's always like this. Umm....what's your name?"

“No problem, there is nothing wrong with having feelings, or expressing them.” Dylen replies honestly, though from the look on his face he still feels the uncomfortable strain of the emotional exchange, even after the other teens have left.

“My name is Dylen, Dylen Jethro…”


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6

She smiled. "It's nice to meet you, Dylen. "

She bit her lip. She felt bad. He was new here and didn't have any friends yet and he'd walked in on that....Well, she'd been practicing and maybe it would break the ice.

Ephebe's eyes turned purple black and she held up one hand. White flame appeared on her hand, but instead of coalescing into a chakram like normal she shaped it into the shape of a small rabbit. It was kind of a primitive representation of a rabbit, but much better than her first attempts. She made the rabbit stand up on its hind legs and wiggle its nose before letting it go. She laughed.

"Don't worry about the drama. Everyone has some and we're all weird here."


Dylen’s face lights up at this display. “It’s all good, like you said, we are all pretty much in the same boat here, I’m sure.”

He hesitates for a moment, then: “Do you like bunnies then?” He inquires.


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6

She laughed again. "Well, who doesn't? I mean, it's not like they're my favorite thing or anything, but they are cute. And since I'm still learning how to manipulate and shape my flame, well...bunnies are a lot easier than some of the other things I've tried."


Male Quasit (Demon) Gestalt Vitalist/Psion(Telepath) 16

As Vai walks out of the cafeteria, Phaezeriel's presence appears in her mind for just a moment like a comforting hug, and he whispers into her mind,::You are awesome, and I am honored to be your friend.:: Then his presence is gone.

Speaking in a tone that completely ignores the social awkwardity, Phaezeriel turns to Dylen, So how long have you been here Dylen?


Reader/Scholar 2
Ephebe wrote:
She laughed again. "Well, who doesn't? I mean, it's not like they're my favorite thing or anything, but they are cute. And since I'm still learning how to manipulate and shape my flame, well...bunnies are a lot easier than some of the other things I've tried."

"They're pretty tasty too."


Male Quasit (Demon) Gestalt Vitalist/Psion(Telepath) 16
Ephebe wrote:
She laughed again. "Well, who doesn't? I mean, it's not like they're my favorite thing or anything, but they are cute. And since I'm still learning how to manipulate and shape my flame, well...bunnies are a lot easier than some of the other things I've tried."

In a mock intense tone, with his glowing silver eyes extremely wide, Phaezeriel rounds on Ephebe, Phebe!!! I want a pony! Nao! He then laughs a little under his breath.


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6
Gareth Myrrdin wrote:
Ephebe wrote:
She laughed again. "Well, who doesn't? I mean, it's not like they're my favorite thing or anything, but they are cute. And since I'm still learning how to manipulate and shape my flame, well...bunnies are a lot easier than some of the other things I've tried."
"They're pretty tasty too."

Ephebe wrinkled her nose. "Well....yeah, but thinking about that now is kinda....gruesome...."


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6
Phaezeriel wrote:
Ephebe wrote:
She laughed again. "Well, who doesn't? I mean, it's not like they're my favorite thing or anything, but they are cute. And since I'm still learning how to manipulate and shape my flame, well...bunnies are a lot easier than some of the other things I've tried."
In a mock intense tone, with his glowing silver eyes extremely wide, Phaezeriel rounds on Ephebe, Phebe!!! I want a pony! Nao! He then laughs a little under his breath.

She laughed and brought out her flame again frowning as she tried to shape it into a pony. It had four legs, but honestly looked more like a dog. As designed by a young child playing with clay. She shook her head.

"Sorry. No ponies yet. I'm just not that good yet."


Male Quasit (Demon) Gestalt Vitalist/Psion(Telepath) 16

Phaezeriel laughs a bit more at her dog/pony. Well you are way better at making ponies than I am, so I guess I will forgive you this once.


A miniature horse made of white flame appears on the table and rears, so detailed you can see each strand of hair in it's mane.

It runs up and down the table a few times before it traces out "Practice" in white fire hoofprints and disappearing.


Reader/Scholar 2
Ephebe wrote:
Ephebe wrinkled her nose. "Well....yeah, but thinking about that now is kinda....gruesome...."

"Why? They're nice to look at alive or on a plate." Gareth seems truly confused.


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6
Lysander Sandwalker wrote:

A miniature horse made of white flame appears on the table and rears, so detailed you can see each strand of hair in it's mane.

It runs up and down the table a few times before it traces out "Practice" in white fire hoofprints and disappearing.

Ephebe rolled her eyes. "Yes, Lysander, I know."

"Someday. Someday I'm going to be able to make stuff as good as that....but I think that day is still a long ways off."


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6
Gareth Myrrdin wrote:
Ephebe wrote:
Ephebe wrinkled her nose. "Well....yeah, but thinking about that now is kinda....gruesome...."
"Why? They're nice to look at alive or on a plate." Gareth seems truly confused.

[blink, blink]

"Well....yeah....but thinking about both at the same time makes me think about how it got there and that's....not as nice to look at."


Reader/Scholar 2

"That's like saying thinking of how a painting gets done makes it not nice to look at."


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6
Gareth Myrrdin wrote:
"That's like saying thinking of how a painting gets done makes it not nice to look back."

"No. Not really. Unless you're painting with blood. In which case, eeeewwww. "


Reader/Scholar 2

"You're weird."


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6
Gareth Myrrdin wrote:
"You're weird."

"I know."

"I'm actually not usually so squeamish, but..." she shrugged. "Chalk it up to one more thing my little sparks don't like."


Male Quasit (Demon) Gestalt Vitalist/Psion(Telepath) 16

Mmmmm .. rabbit stew cooked fresh over a campfire. That is some tasty goodness.


Dylen looks like he is going to say something further for a moment, perhaps to Ephebe, or perhaps in answer to Phaezeriel’s question but then he seems to just relax a bit, his shoulders dropping and his smile widening, and enjoy the easy banter of his classmates, representing as it does a nonhostile contact with other people that has been rare, if not unheard of, in his life.


Warforged Engineer Alchemist 16/Armiger 16 Champion of Creation

I'm gonna get to look over the Basic Mechanics classes? :D

Also, sorry this is late, I've only been stopping in every once in a while today.

This means I can have teacher's assistants, AKA my Dedicated Wrights. :D Again!


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6

Ephebe turned a strange shade of green. "Excuse me," she said in a choked voice before teleporting away. The horrible sound of vomiting can be heard from the girls bathroom.


Image
"Jim" Rivets wrote:

I'm gonna get to look over the Basic Mechanics classes? :D

Also, sorry this is late, I've only been stopping in every once in a while today.

This means I can have teacher's assistants, AKA my Dedicated Wrights. :D Again!

You're the perfect person for the job! :)


Image

Fieri made a face. "I really hope I don't end up with morning sickness like that."


Male Quasit (Demon) Gestalt Vitalist/Psion(Telepath) 16

Ooops. Didn't mean to make her sick. Phaezeriel looks towards the bathrooms with a look of mild concern on his face. When he turns back to the table, he smiles a little sheepishly.


Image

"Well, that's better than the cafeteria staff. They added quiche to the lunch menu yesterday just to mess with her. "

"The smell of eggs makes her puke," she explained. "Actually, a lot of things make her puke."


Aanandareavekki wrote:
"Jim" Rivets wrote:

I'm gonna get to look over the Basic Mechanics classes? :D

Also, sorry this is late, I've only been stopping in every once in a while today.

This means I can have teacher's assistants, AKA my Dedicated Wrights. :D Again!

You're the perfect person for the job! :)

We are the perfect people for the job. :P


Fieri Sunwake wrote:

"Well, that's better than the cafeteria staff. They added quiche to the lunch menu yesterday just to mess with her. "

"The smell of eggs makes her puke," she explained. "Actually, a lot of things make her puke."

Tamara smiles at the thought.

"That's normal as far as I know. Of course, it's worse for her considering the amount of food she eats at a time."


Image
Agarthian Storyteller wrote:
Fieri Sunwake wrote:

"Well, that's better than the cafeteria staff. They added quiche to the lunch menu yesterday just to mess with her. "

"The smell of eggs makes her puke," she explained. "Actually, a lot of things make her puke."

Tamara smiles at the thought.

"That's normal as far as I know. Of course, it's worse for her considering the amount of food she eats at a time."

"True. Really makes you appreciate the plumbing here. It's pretty amazing that it can handle all of that."

"Excuse me, I'll be right back."

Fieri ducked into the kitchen when the cooks weren't looking and then came back to the table with a bag of charcoal briquets. She sat down, opened the bag and started munching on the charcoal. She sighed.

"I know I shouldn't. I've already had two bags today. But it's the only thing that I can bring myself to eat. Umm...it's okay. I mean, it's not the most nutritious thing. Basically it's firebird junk food."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Earth Elemental (Type Unknown) Unknown
Fieri Sunwake wrote:
I mean, it's not the most nutritious thing. Basically it's firebird junk food."

As Fieri says this, a heavy tread near the table causes her to look up long enough to see a 7-ish foot tall man made of iron walk by biting a piece off a chunk of coal.


Juco reaches out and with surprising speed snatches a briquette from the bag and presses into Tamara hand while Maru places a biscuit into her other hand. A second of waiting and they take the briquette and give it back to Fieri. As if nothing has happened, they go back to eating.

"Um..." Tamara says as she looks at the biscuit she's still holding. "I've never seen them do that before."


Image
Wyrd the Elemental wrote:
Fieri Sunwake wrote:
I mean, it's not the most nutritious thing. Basically it's firebird junk food."
As Fieri says this, a heavy tread near the table causes her to look up long enough to see a 7-ish foot tall man made of iron walk by biting a piece off a chunk of coal.

"And apparently elemental junk food too..."


Image
Agarthian Storyteller wrote:

Juco reaches out and with surprising speed snatches a briquette from the bag and presses into Tamara hand while Maru places a biscuit into her other hand. A second of waiting and they take the briquette and give it back to Fieri. As if nothing has happened, they go back to eating.

"Um..." Tamara says as she looks at the biscuit she's still holding. "I've never seen them do that before."

Fieri looked at the briquette, a little puzzled. She shrugged and took a bite.


It tastes the same. However, if it got tested it would have the same nutritional value as a biscuit.


Image

It tasted just as delicious as the others, but somehow that particular briquette seemed a little more filling. Maybe it was just her imagination.

"Have you guys already registered for classes and stuff?"


Image

It tasted just as delicious as the others, but somehow that particular briquette seemed a little more filling. Maybe it was just her imagination.

"Have you guys already registered for classes and stuff?"


Juco, Maru, and Shara all shake their heads.

"I was going to wait until after they saw classes tomorrow, but I'm starting to think it might be a good idea. I can't speak for Gareth, but we've haven't had a chance to learn so much as being learned from. It'll be a nice change of pace."


Image
Agarthian Storyteller wrote:

Juco, Maru, and Shara all shake their heads.

"I was going to wait until after they saw classes tomorrow, but I'm starting to think it might be a good idea. I can't speak for Gareth, but we've haven't had a chance to learn so much as being learned from. It'll be a nice change of pace."

"Well, if you want any suggestion s for classes, I'm happy to help."


"That would be nice." Tamara admits. "What classes are offered here?"

18,601 to 18,650 of 70,227 << first < prev | 368 | 369 | 370 | 371 | 372 | 373 | 374 | 375 | 376 | 377 | 378 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tales of Agartha: the Avalon Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.