Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


The Avalon Chronicles

Game Master lynora

This is a high level rules light game set in a school for magical kids, kinda a mash-up of Soul Eater, Harry Potter, and X-Men. :)


17,301 to 17,350 of 69,900 << first < prev | 342 | 343 | 344 | 345 | 346 | 347 | 348 | 349 | 350 | 351 | 352 | next > last >>

Male Human Gestalt Inquisitor/Dragon Knight 16

On the way to the library himself, Ghalen runs accross the awkward scene

Knowledge: Planes 1d20 + 33 ⇒ (5) + 33 = 38 to figure out what the hell that thing is...


Quite Male Halfling
Ghalen Kiln wrote:

On the way to the library himself, Ghalen runs accross the awkward scene

Knowledge: Planes 1d20+33 to figure out what the hell that thing is...

"Pssst! It's Fei - just mostly nekkers. Oh, you meant the other guy...whoopsy."

;D

Doc Zeppler - Parts is Parts! :D


"Just because Fei seems to have developed the habit of walking around his his swimsuit, and several of the young ladies in this school have asked, I am not going to let the Student Council to authorize a school paper just so a magazine called 'Avalon Guys: Swimsuit Addition' can be printed without fear of it being confiscated."


Headmaster Ryo wrote:
"Just because Fei seems to have developed the habit of walking around his his swimsuit, and several of the young ladies in this school have asked, I am not going to let the Student Council to authorize a school paper just so a magazine called 'Avalon Guys: Swimsuit Addition' can be printed without fear of it being confiscated."

Now in his defense, he was on his way back to the locker room to get changed. He can't help it if that blasted piece of fabric is obviously cursed and throwing socially awkward situations in his path at every turn today. I mean, seriously..... ;P


Male Quasit (Demon) Gestalt Vitalist/Psion(Telepath) 16

Phaezeriel becomes a little more alert as Tyrrin challenges him and Fei steps in. His reactions seem a bit slow.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (11) + 28 = 39.

Said to all present, ::Yes. Name is Phaezeriel. Student here. Sorry. Need a bath and to sleep. Thank you Fei.::

He seems to be eyeing Tyrrin very warily, and says to her alone, ::Please, for the love of all, do not banish me; hell would love to be handed what they have been trying to capture for over 100 years. If my presence is offensive to you, I will remove myself to the baths.:: This time his voice is clear and precise.


Female Elf Gestalt Sorcerer (Starsoul) 16/Oracle (Heavens) 16

Tyrrin lowers her guard slightly as Fei intervenes on behalf of the demon in front of her. Yes that's right, there was a quasit student here, wasn't there. "My apologies, Phaezeriel. In this place, it is becoming more and more difficult for me to tell friend from foe. she sways apologetically, and it's clear to everyone present that she is exhausted. To Phaezeriel alone, she replies telepathically ::If the Hells are indeed attempting to capture you, are you not endangering the school simply by being here?::

As she gently takes back the lunchbox from Fei, a corner of her mind notes that despite his half-naked form, he is still wearing the bracelets. "My apologies once again. If you'll excuse me, I have research to do." Though she says she has research to do, you doubt she'll get anything done in her current state of mind, but she's still heading for the library.

Feel free to stop her if you want more Tyrrin-time.
Also Fei? We have a 1 Ice-Queen-thawing per day rule, and Professor Adilsa saw to that already today. :D


Male Quasit (Demon) Gestalt Vitalist/Psion(Telepath) 16

The crisis over, Phaezeriel will bow somberly to no one in particular. Apologies for the disturbance. As he steps aside, he sees the mess behind him for the first time. With a brief gesture, he summons up an unseen servant and sets it to work cleaning the hallways leading back to the infirmary.

Said to Tyrrin alone, ::This school and its students and faculty are well protected from a demonic invasion. I shudder to think what would happen to me if the guardians and wards were not specifically instructed to allow me to be here; they are quite potent.:: Looking more directly at her, ::Miss, I cannot help but notice that you seem rather tired. If you are going to conduct research, I can attempt to refresh you; I have some skill in the healing arts.::


Male Human Gestalt Inquisitor/Dragon Knight 16

Watches the exchange with curiosity, then moves on to the library.


Male Unknown 16 Invulnerable Rager/ 16 Hex Crafter Magus

Re dotting again.


Vai Sunwake wrote:
Sadie Jhiwoon wrote:
Sadie laughed so hard she couldn't breathe. She wiped the tears away from her eyes. "Okay, I needed that."
Vai wiped tears of laughter from her eyes. "You know, we couldn't be any more ridiculous unless we were going to a tea party with a pair of half-og... oh wait." Vai tries to act surprise before bursting into another bout of giggles.

Eventually the girls were able to stop laughing long enough to make it to the student lounge that Zren and Rikken had set aside for their tea party. There were literally mountains of cookies set on platters on every available table and a few on the floor.

"We heard about famous Sunwake appetite, so we made sure to make lots of cookies," Zren said by way of explanation.

"Please, come and sit down. We are very pleased you could join us today," Rikken added, as primly as a half-ogre can manage.


Female Elf Gestalt Sorcerer (Starsoul) 16/Oracle (Heavens) 16
Phaezeriel wrote:

The crisis over, Phaezeriel will bow somberly to no one in particular. Apologies for the disturbance. As he steps aside, he sees the mess behind him for the first time. With a brief gesture, he summons up an unseen servant and sets it to work cleaning the hallways leading back to the infirmary.

Said to Tyrrin alone, ::This school and its students and faculty are well protected from a demonic invasion. I shudder to think what would happen to me if the guardians and wards were not specifically instructed to allow me to be here; they are quite potent.:: Looking more directly at her, ::Miss, I cannot help but notice that you seem rather tired. If you are going to conduct research, I can attempt to refresh you; I have some skill in the healing arts.::

::I'm fine.:: she almost snaps back, ::It's just these damnable nightmares that won't go away. I'll be fine. I apologize once again for my rudeness:: she shakes her head, sending her straight black hair bouncing. Through the telepathic link, Phaezeriel can sense her grumpiness is not caused by her lack of sleep, but rather concern over her dreams.


Male Elf Bard 14/Sorcerer (Maestro) 14
Anthony Dacamara wrote:

Was that even close to any of the ways you thought up for Ehos to get his sonic vocals managed? ;)

"It might not be. Light and sound are different things. It might be harder since you can't see sound. Why soundproof though? Just go outside. Professor Agave would probably love someone to get the dirt loosened up after this freaky flash frost."

Nope, and it might not even work, I haven't decided yet xD

'If I'm outside, someone might accidently come near. That would be disasterous.' Ehos slumps, recalling the night at the theater.


Female Half-elf Gestalt Sorcerer6/Dragon Disciple9 // Rogue (Swashbuckler)8/Duelist7
narrator wrote:

Eventually the girls were able to stop laughing long enough to make it to the student lounge that Zren and Rikken had set aside for their tea party. There were literally mountains of cookies set on platters on every available table and a few on the floor.

"We heard about famous Sunwake appetite, so we made sure to make lots of cookies," Zren said by way of explanation.

"Please, come and sit down. We are very pleased you could join us today," Rikken added, as primly as a half-ogre can manage.

Oh gods, I'm gonna be sick. Vai thinks as she sees the piles upon piles of cookies, the scent alone making her stomach grumble once again, and her mouth started to water. She curtsies to Rikken and he invites them in. "Why, thank you good sir." Vai says, trying very hard to keep a straight face.


image

Sadie bows politely since she doesn't think she could curtsy if her life depended on it and tries not to think about how cute Vai looked when she curtsied. It hurt enough already.

She held out a chair for Vai to take a seat and once she had pushed the chair in towards the table. She sat down and spread her napkin on her lap.

"It was so good of you to invite us."


Zren and Rikken beamed.

"Would you care for tea?" Zren asked, carefully picking up a flowered teapot. It looked like he might accidentally crush it at any second.


Male Quasit (Demon) Gestalt Vitalist/Psion(Telepath) 16

::As you wish. If you change you mind you have only to ask. Good fortune in your research.::

Turning to Fei, Phaeizeriel smiles. Thank you, Fei. I am well, just very tired. And in need of a bath.


Female Half-elf Gestalt Sorcerer6/Dragon Disciple9 // Rogue (Swashbuckler)8/Duelist7
narrator wrote:

Zren and Rikken beamed.

"Would you care for tea?" Zren asked, carefully picking up a flowered teapot. It looked like he might accidentally crush it at any second.

Vai felt a little strange that Sadie was offering her a chair, but it would probably be alot weirder if she refused, so she let Sadie seat her. She was trying to remember all the mannerisms that her mother has drilled into her. Her hands were folded on her lap and she was sitting straight. "Yes, I would love some tea, thank you. Did you bake all these cookies yourself?"


Zren bit his tongue in concentration as he carefully poured tea for everyone, trying hard not to spill any on the table.

"Yes, my brother and I baked all these cookies. The kitchen staff helped a little by offering advice and letting us use the kitchens, but we wanted to make these all by ourselves. I hope you enjoy them," Rikken said proudly, offering a large platter of cookies to Vai.


Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^)
Phaezeriel wrote:
Turning to Fei, Phaeizeriel smiles. Thank you, Fei. I am well, just very tired. And in need of a bath.

"You are welcome. And that condition of tiredness seems to be going around today," the young monk observes with some concern as he watches Tyrrin teeter off towards the library.

"If you will excuse me," he continues with a bow, "I would like to make sure that Miss Denulia is alright."

He covers the ground necessary to catch up with the exhausted elf...


Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^)
Tyrrin Denulia wrote:

Tyrrin lowers her guard slightly as Fei intervenes on behalf of the demon in front of her. Yes that's right, there was a quasit student here, wasn't there. "My apologies, Phaezeriel. In this place, it is becoming more and more difficult for me to tell friend from foe. she sways apologetically, and it's clear to everyone present that she is exhausted. To Phaezeriel alone, she replies telepathically ::If the Hells are indeed attempting to capture you, are you not endangering the school simply by being here?::

As she gently takes back the lunchbox from Fei, a corner of her mind notes that despite his half-naked form, he is still wearing the bracelets. "My apologies once again. If you'll excuse me, I have research to do." Though she says she has research to do, you doubt she'll get anything done in her current state of mind, but she's still heading for the library.

...And stops at a respectable distance to her right side.

Heal Check: 1d20 + 32 ⇒ (18) + 32 = 50

"Tyrrin? Please pardon the observation, but you look sleep deprived to an unhealthy level. Is there something I can do to help, or possibly the Infirmary?"

Tyrrin Denulia wrote:

Feel free to stop her if you want more Tyrrin-time.

Also Fei? We have a 1 Ice-Queen-thawing per day rule, and Professor Adilsa saw to that already today. :D

I do not recall this rule being present in the student handbook.

[Flip Flip Flip]

Hmmm. This book has been...tampered with... (-_-)

(^-^)


Image

Jaiye was curled up in her favorite nook in the library with a comic book and a chocolate bar she'd smuggled past the librarian.


Male Human Gestalt Inquisitor/Dragon Knight 16

Ghalen enters the library, still looking for better books about the hsitory of this place. He sees the gal the princess was with at the talent show. He gives a curt nod, then heads back towards the history section.


Image

Jaiye was momentarily curious why the guy she'd never met nodded at her, and how he'd found her favorite extradimensional nook of the library. Then she shrugged. Not like it mattered. Plenty of people got lost in here. She went back to reading her comic.


Female Half-elf Gestalt Sorcerer6/Dragon Disciple9 // Rogue (Swashbuckler)8/Duelist7
narrator wrote:

Zren bit his tongue in concentration as he carefully poured tea for everyone, trying hard not to spill any on the table.

"Yes, my brother and I baked all these cookies. The kitchen staff helped a little by offering advice and letting us use the kitchens, but we wanted to make these all by ourselves. I hope you enjoy them," Rikken said proudly, offering a large platter of cookies to Vai.

Vai can smell the aroma of the cookies, and it is intoxicating, but she remembers that she is supposed to be demure, and so plucks a single cookie from the platter and takes a bite...

How are they?


The cookies are well-made. Chances are the staff helped a lot.

"Is this when we're supposed to talk about the weather?" Rikken whispered a bit too loudly to Zren.

Zren nodded. "I think so," he whispered back.

"It has been unusually cold today," Rikken said, looking proud of himself.


Female Elf Gestalt Sorcerer (Starsoul) 16/Oracle (Heavens) 16
Fei, of the Sun Soul wrote:

...And stops at a respectable distance to her right side.

"Tyrrin? Please pardon the observation, but you look sleep deprived to an unhealthy level. Is there something I can do to help, or possibly the Infirmary?"

Tyrrin doesn't stop walking, doesn't even break stride or look at Fei. "I am fine." she snaps, pride more than anything keeping her from accepting anyone aid. "I just didn't sleep well last night, that's all."

Cheliax

Ehos Denulia wrote:
Nope, and it might not even work, I haven't decided yet xD

I have to ask, because I've come up with weird ways to figure stuff out in this game before... >.>

Ehos Denulia wrote:
'If I'm outside, someone might accidently come near. That would be disasterous.' Ehos slumps, recalling the night at the theater.

"That bad, huh?" Anthony asks, already knowing the answer from the slump. "Okay then, we'll just have to make doubly sure if we try this outside!"


Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^)
Tyrrin Denulia wrote:
Tyrrin doesn't stop walking, doesn't even break stride or look at Fei. "I am fine." she snaps, pride more than anything keeping her from accepting anyone aid. "I just didn't sleep well last night, that's all."

"Your appearance indicates that you have not slept well for the last several nights," Fei observes plainly, resuming his motion and keeping pace with her. "That will have deleterious effects on your health and your behavior, regardless of its cause," he continues with some concern.

"I merely suggest that you can take advantage of the expertise and resources of the Infirmary to get the rest you need and be able to deal with the source of your...restlessness."


Image

Nala sighs as she finished her third dessert. As it turned out, changing her fate had used up a lot of calories. She was surprised by how much she'd eaten. She smiled.

"So....I guess you're going to have to teach me this transformation stuff. I'd hate to have it suddenly go out of control in the middle of class. That would be awkward."


Female Half-elf Gestalt Sorcerer6/Dragon Disciple9 // Rogue (Swashbuckler)8/Duelist7
narrator wrote:

The cookies are well-made. Chances are the staff helped a lot.

"Is this when we're supposed to talk about the weather?" Rikken whispered a bit too loudly to Zren.

Zren nodded. "I think so," he whispered back.

"It has been unusually cold today," Rikken said, looking proud of himself.

Vai hid a smile behind another cookie. She really was going to make herself sick. "Yes, though it seems the sun has finally come out." Vai said, motioning to the window, "These cookies are simply delicious, wouldn't you agree Sadie?"


image

Sadie looked slightly guilty since she was on her third cookie.

"Thew're dewifish." she mumbled with her mouth full.

Rikken scowled at her and handed her a napkin.

"The book says talking with your mouth full is bad," he scolded.


Female Elf Gestalt Sorcerer (Starsoul) 16/Oracle (Heavens) 16
Fei, of the Sun Soul wrote:

"Your appearance indicates that you have not slept well for the last several nights," Fei observes plainly, resuming his motion and keeping pace with her. "That will have deleterious effects on your health and your behavior, regardless of its cause," he continues with some concern.

"I merely suggest that you can take advantage of the expertise and resources of the Infirmary to get the rest you need and be able to deal with the source of your...restlessness."

"Once again, thank you Fei, but I do not require assistance with my problems. I will deal with them as required. Perhaps you should go dress yourself more fully? You seem to be distracting some of the students." Tyrrin said back as the pair strode past a group of giggling girls, who were shooting sidelong glancing at Fei.


Male Human (Mole Zoanthrope) 16 Monk/Ninja

"Yeah, it is. So to combat that, we'll teach you how to do it on purpose. First question, grasshopper, is: do you know what a polar bear looks like?"


Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^)
Tyrrin Denulia wrote:
"Once again, thank you Fei, but I do not require assistance with my problems. I will deal with them as required."

"As you wish, Tyrrin" Fei replies with a sigh as he stops. "But if that were completely true, you would not be at Avalon in the first place. "

Tyrrin Denulia wrote:
"Perhaps you should go dress yourself more fully? You seem to be distracting some of the students." Tyrrin said back as the pair strode past a group of giggling girls, who were shooting sidelong glancing at Fei.

"It....is just a body, like everyone here has. It should be nothing of consequence," he comments with a bewildered shake of his head.

"I hope you find what you seek, and that you feel better soon," he says with a bow as Tyrrin enters the library.


Female Elf Gestalt Sorcerer (Starsoul) 16/Oracle (Heavens) 16

Fei's post seems to have ghosted.


Image
Ryuzo Kato wrote:
"Yeah, it is. So to combat that, we'll teach you how to do it on purpose. First question, grasshopper, is: do you know what a polar bear looks like?"

"Of course. I used to watch the polar bears sometimes from my windows. There was a whole pack ...ummm....is that the right term for a group of polar bears? Anyways, they were like guard dogs around the palace.....I guess I know now why it was so easy for me to get past them when I escaped."


Fei, of the Sun Soul wrote:
Tyrrin Denulia wrote:
"Once again, thank you Fei, but I do not require assistance with my problems. I will deal with them as required."

"As you wish, Tyrrin" Fei replies with a sigh as he stops. "But if that were completely true, you would not be at Avalon in the first place. "

Tyrrin Denulia wrote:
"Perhaps you should go dress yourself more fully? You seem to be distracting some of the students." Tyrrin said back as the pair strode past a group of giggling girls, who were shooting sidelong glancing at Fei.

"It....is just a body, like everyone here has. It should be nothing of consequence," he comments with a bewildered shake of his head.

"I hope you find what you seek, and that you feel better soon," he says with a bow as Tyrrin enters the library.

The giggling girls ran off as soon as Fei looked their way.


Male Elf Bard 14/Sorcerer (Maestro) 14
Anthony Dacamara wrote:

I have to ask, because I've come up with weird ways to figure stuff out in this game before... >.>

"That bad, huh?" Anthony asks, already knowing the answer from the slump. "Okay then, we'll just have to make doubly sure if we try this outside!"

'Alright, I'll going to go discuss this with the headmaster. You want to come, Anthony?' Ehos, despite the slump, seems a little more hopeful than when this conversation started, that's for sure.


Male Human (Mole Zoanthrope) 16 Monk/Ninja
Nala Zamarosok wrote:
Ryuzo Kato wrote:
"Yeah, it is. So to combat that, we'll teach you how to do it on purpose. First question, grasshopper, is: do you know what a polar bear looks like?"
"Of course. I used to watch the polar bears sometimes from my windows. There was a whole pack ...ummm....is that the right term for a group of polar bears? Anyways, they were like guard dogs around the palace.....I guess I know now why it was so easy for me to get past them when I escaped."

"Ok, good. Hey! We gotta cover the basics... Ok, lets head to the garden. Dunno that you want to shift here, in case of beginner's luck."


Female Half-elf Gestalt Sorcerer6/Dragon Disciple9 // Rogue (Swashbuckler)8/Duelist7
Sadie Jhiwoon wrote:

Sadie looked slightly guilty since she was on her third cookie.

"Thew're dewifish." she mumbled with her mouth full.

Rikken scowled at her and handed her a napkin.

"The book says talking with your mouth full is bad," he scolded.

"He's right you know." Vai had mastered the art of taking small easy to swallow bites so she could keep talking. "So, Zren, Rikken, how are your studies?" It was becoming increasingly difficult to keep up the fake-haughtiness, with the ridiculous of the scene. Once again Vai is forced to hide her smile, this time behind a sip of tea.


Image

She grinned. "Well, I'm pretty sure luck is something we can count on."

"Are the gardens the best spot? Maybe a basement practice room? I'm not entirely sure I want to do this in public."


Male Human (Mole Zoanthrope) 16 Monk/Ninja

"Ok, that works, just tried to think of somewhere with lots of space. If you know one that works, you can port us there, noob." he says with a teasing smile.


Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^)
Tyrrin Denulia wrote:
Fei's post seems to have ghosted.

It was there before I did a quick edit. Strange...

I will Spoiler it here until it comes back:

Spoiler:
Tyrrin Denulia wrote:
"Once again, thank you Fei, but I do not require assistance with my problems. I will deal with them as required."

"As you wish, Tyrrin" Fei replies with a sigh as he stops. "But if that were completely true, you would not be at Avalon in the first place. "

Tyrrin Denulia wrote:
"Perhaps you should go dress yourself more fully? You seem to be distracting some of the students." Tyrrin said back as the pair strode past a group of giggling girls, who were shooting sidelong glancing at Fei.

"It....is just a body, like everyone here has. It should be nothing of consequence," he comments with a bewildered shake of his head.

"I hope you find what you seek, and that you feel better soon," he says with a bow as Tyrrin enters the library.


Female Elf Gestalt Sorcerer (Starsoul) 16/Oracle (Heavens) 16
narrator wrote:
Fei, of the Sun Soul wrote:

"As you wish, Tyrrin" Fei replies with a sigh as he stops. "But if that were completely true, you would not be at Avalon in the first place. "

"It....is just a body, like everyone here has. It should be nothing of consequence," he comments with a bewildered shake of his head.

"I hope you find what you seek, and that you feel better soon," he says with a bow as Tyrrin enters the library.

The giggling girls ran off as soon as Fei looked their way.

"I believe the issue is this: that your body is quite attractive." Tyrrin says off-handedly, as though it was obvious. "Some people are simply poor at controlling their base natures. Have a good day, Fei." Tyrrin finishes, entering the library. She was looking for information on the scaly beasts she had seen in her nightmares.


Vai Sunwake wrote:
Sadie Jhiwoon wrote:

Sadie looked slightly guilty since she was on her third cookie.

"Thew're dewifish." she mumbled with her mouth full.

Rikken scowled at her and handed her a napkin.

"The book says talking with your mouth full is bad," he scolded.

"He's right you know." Vai had mastered the art of taking small easy to swallow bites so she could keep talking. "So, Zren, Rikken, how are your studies?" It was becoming increasingly difficult to keep up the fake-haughtiness, with the ridiculous of the scene. Once again Vai is forced to hide her smile, this time behind a sip of tea.

"They are going well," Zren said solemnly. "But it would be nice if our fellow students would take us more seriously."

"We are hoping that learning better manners will help," Rikken added.

"Are things going well for you? I know it can be difficult adjusting to new things.


Image
Ryuzo Kato wrote:
"Ok, that works, just tried to think of somewhere with lots of space. If you know one that works, you can port us there, noob." he says with a teasing smile.

"O...okay. Umm....I guess that I'll just -" *poof*

"...keep working on my teleportation control," she finished as she found herself abruptly in the practice room she was thinking of.


Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^)

Fei just stands there for a moment after everyone else has left the hall. He needed to remember that what he considered the 'normal' Lathanderan acceptance of both he and his fellow monks' bodies would not be considered 'normal' here at Avalon. (^-^)

He makes his way back to the gym to get changed back into his regular gi.


Male Human (Mole Zoanthrope) 16 Monk/Ninja

He chuckles...and ports till he finds the room she's in.
"Good job, but you forgot to grab my hand first."
His two clones appear, one holding up a sign that syas '8.5' and the other an '8', then they disappear.
"Ok. For some of us this works differently. Some need intense emotion to shift. Some need only to think about it to pull it off. Both work, but we are trained at home to prefer thought over emotion. That way, it's harder to lose control and shift accidentaly. So... what I would like for you to do is simply imagine being a bear. A polar bear, to be specific. The picture in your mind's eye is important until you can actually see yourself in your shifted form in a mirror. Which is why I asked you that seemingly silly question.
Don't rush it, it usually doesn't happen the first try, so don't get frustrated. Give it a shot."


Image

Nala blushed. "Sorry, I'm still getting the hang of this teleportation thing."

She took a deep, calming breath. "Okay. So I need to picture being a polar bear."

She closed her eyes tight and bit her lip as she concentrated very hard on the image of a polar bear. She wasn't sure what to expect, but she definitely didn't expect to break out in a cold sweat as her body stretched and pulled. She wasn't sure if she was going to throw up or transform, but since she couldn't hold her concentration through the nausea she ended up losing the battle and curled up on the floor breathing heavily.

From the outside she starts to change but can't quite hold it and quickly reverts to her normal form.


Male Human (Mole Zoanthrope) 16 Monk/Ninja

"Whoa! Very good!" he ports out, then comes immedaitely back with a glass and a pitcher of water. "Here, drink this." he says offering her a glass of water. He sits down next to her.
"Now you know you can. The next try will be easier." he says brushing the hair out of her face, being careful not to actually touch her.

17,301 to 17,350 of 69,900 << first < prev | 342 | 343 | 344 | 345 | 346 | 347 | 348 | 349 | 350 | 351 | 352 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tales of Agartha: the Avalon Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.