Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


The Avalon Chronicles

Game Master lynora

This is a high level rules light game set in a school for magical kids, kinda a mash-up of Soul Eater, Harry Potter, and X-Men. :)


17,251 to 17,300 of 69,907 << first < prev | 341 | 342 | 343 | 344 | 345 | 346 | 347 | 348 | 349 | 350 | 351 | next > last >>

GM Fireclaw wrote:
Imperial Chronicler wrote:
Vai Sunwake wrote:
I don't think Vai realizes the extent of Fei's... ability, yet. She just knows he can explode things. xD
Well...that is the important part to remember, at the end of the day... (^_^)

Quite. To quote the great Yevgeny Zamyatin, "Explosions are not comfortable."

OMG! Someone else who knows who Zamyatin even is! WE is one of my favorite books evar!!! And most people just look at me blankly when I bring it up, even people who like to read sci-fi.:)


Image
Headmaster Ryo wrote:
Nala Zamarosok wrote:
"It's easier for the sins that happened away from the school to be overlooked. That I did what I did here and to my fellow students...I'll never get away from it. Not really."

"I will never get away from for being the reason my brother became a vampire. Professor Yrrum will never get away from the fact he was part of a gang of thieves. Most recently, I doubt Michael Dacamara will forget what he did during the demon invasion. Yes, you hurt people, but I think you are becoming a better person for it."

"Would your mother be as remorseful?"

"My mother is proud of what she's done. She enjoys the pain of others. I just didn't know anything else. I know that I'm not her. I'm glad you think I'm becoming a better person. I want to be better. Sometimes the past is...clingy and hard to drag around."


*looks at narrator blankly*

Also, if Ehos is going to talk to Anthony, the archer of light is currently enjoying hot cocoa. :)


image
Vai Sunwake wrote:
Sadie Jhiwoon wrote:

"Vai, look at me. For real."

"You didn't lead me on. You gave things between us a chance. I'm allowed to feel disappointed that you don't return my feelings. I'm also allowed to hope that you'll change your mind someday. And even with all of that, I can still be your friend. You feel the way you feel. I care about you and I want you to be happy. Even if that doesn't happen with me."

Vai finally makes eye contact as Sadie says her peace.

"I... thank you, Sadie. See, you're always so nice to me. Vai says, feeling like there was something in her throat. "I... I want to be happy too. My sister told me that Professor Yrrum might be able to make a potion that would help me overcome my... um..." she pauses, looking for the right word. "neuroses. I'm gonna talk to him tomorrow. Thank you for understanding though." Vai sighs and looks around at the fencing room. "I wish it were more simple."

"Yeah, well, life is rarely simple. You're still the first person in my whole life to actually stand up for me. So don't you dare think that you didn't give me something in return."

"So, how about we go enjoy some tea and macaroons while a couple of half-ogres practice the art of polite conversation with us," she said with an irrepressible smile.


Nala Zamarosok wrote:
Sometimes the past is...clingy and hard to drag around."

"That is something I will easily agree to, even if my reminder is physically heavy." Ryo remarks, smiling, as he reveals his mechanical arm. "Go get something to eat. That visit probably drained you more than any of us."


Image
Agarthian Storyteller wrote:
More so than the treant, Jeran is capable of crushing enough of the first guardian to render the magic keeping it animated have nothing to hold it together. The glow of it's eyes go out.

Still holding his breath, Jeran moves on to the second guardian.

Attack: 1d20 + 35 ⇒ (6) + 35 = 41
Damage: 8d10 + 16 ⇒ (10, 6, 5, 2, 5, 8, 1, 2) + 16 = 55


Image
Headmaster Ryo wrote:
Nala Zamarosok wrote:
Sometimes the past is...clingy and hard to drag around."
"That is something I will easily agree to, even if my reminder is physically heavy." Ryo remarks, smiling, as he reveals his mechanical arm. "Go get something to eat. That visit probably drained you more than any of us."

She nodded. "Thank you again, Headmaster."

She turned to Ryuzo and took his hand. "Let's go get some food then."


The second verse is the same as the first, and now the guardian needs a hearse.


Image

Jeran walks out of the room and takes a few deep breaths.

"Okay. It's all good now. They're in pieces."


Image

As soon as the dust settles they head back into the room.

"Now where is the real book?"


Male Human (Mole Zoanthrope) 16 Monk/Ninja

"Of course!" <port to cafeteria>
"Here we are!"


Image

She sighed with happiness as she smelled the delicious food. "Hmm...it all looks so good. I think I'll have a little bit of everything," she said with a laugh.


"That's the million gold question, isn't it?" Oniero says as he begins searching the shelves. "Given that we've only had the experience once, and the assumption may be wrong, the book should be near it's guard. So I would suggest a thorough search of the room. Watch out for traps though."


Image

"Right....I'll probably end up watching them as I spring them," she sighed, as she started to search.

Perception:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


Image

Jeran quietly began searching.

Perception:1d20 + 25 ⇒ (5) + 25 = 30


Female Half-elf Gestalt Sorcerer6/Dragon Disciple9 // Rogue (Swashbuckler)8/Duelist7
Sadie Jhiwoon wrote:

"Yeah, well, life is rarely simple. You're still the first person in my whole life to actually stand up for me. So don't you dare think that you didn't give me something in return."

"So, how about we go enjoy some tea and macaroons while a couple of half-ogres practice the art of polite conversation with us," she said with an irrepressible smile.

Vai's stomach growls audibly at the mention of food. She had spent alot of calories in dragon form the previous day, and hadn't eaten anything since. "I hope that I won't need to again, but I will always stand up for you. I'm starving though, so lead the way to the macaroons." Vai thinks as they walk down the hallway. "And... do you want to go flying again tonight? I need to practice holding my... form longer"


image

"That sounds like fun. I would love to go flying again. Let's see how it is when I'm not drunk." ^.^


narrator wrote:
OMG! Someone else who knows who Zamyatin even is! WE is one of my favorite books evar!!! And most people just look at me blankly when I bring it up, even people who like to read sci-fi.:)

To be completely honest... I just googled "explosion quotes" and that was the first funny/relevant one. However, after reading the wiki page on WE, I really wanna read it xD


Female Half-elf Gestalt Sorcerer6/Dragon Disciple9 // Rogue (Swashbuckler)8/Duelist7
Sadie Jhiwoon wrote:
"That sounds like fun. I would love to go flying again. Let's see how it is when I'm not drunk." ^.^

"If it's going to become a regular thing, maybe I should get fitted for a saddle... with a way to keep you on. I can think of a couple of kids who'd like that too..." Vai says, but she's thinking about how ridiculous it would be for her to be wearing a saddle.


GM Fireclaw wrote:
narrator wrote:
OMG! Someone else who knows who Zamyatin even is! WE is one of my favorite books evar!!! And most people just look at me blankly when I bring it up, even people who like to read sci-fi.:)
To be completely honest... I just googled "explosion quotes" and that was the first funny/relevant one. However, after reading the wiki page on WE, I really wanna read it xD

You must read it! It is an awesome and highly underappreciated book. :)


image
Vai Sunwake wrote:
Sadie Jhiwoon wrote:
"That sounds like fun. I would love to go flying again. Let's see how it is when I'm not drunk." ^.^
"If it's going to become a regular thing, maybe I should get fitted for a saddle... with a way to keep you on. I can think of a couple of kids who'd like that too..." Vai says, but she's thinking about how ridiculous it would be for her to be wearing a saddle.

"Somehow when you say it out loud it just sounds wrong,' she said, giggling.


Perception:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27

While Oneiro takes the time to pull Professor Reading out from under from the web cocoon trap she accidentally activated, Jeran notices a part of a wall doesn't look quite the same as the rest.


Male Elf Bard 14/Sorcerer (Maestro) 14
Agarthian Storyteller wrote:

*looks at narrator blankly*

Also, if Ehos is going to talk to Anthony, the archer of light is currently enjoying hot cocoa. :)

Talk? Nice. Real nice.

With everyone comfortably settled and having hot cocoa, Ehos moves over to Anthony. He KNEW that the Professor had said Dacamara. He plunks down in front of the younger boy fishing for his notepad.


Male Quasit (Demon) Gestalt Vitalist/Psion(Telepath) 16

Accompanied by a sound like a huge bucket of slime splashing to the ground, a powerful wave of psychic energy washes through the entire infirmary and the nearby parts of the school. Everyone in the affected area finds any injuries, sicknesses, or lingering effects of poison washed away.


Female Half-elf Gestalt Sorcerer6/Dragon Disciple9 // Rogue (Swashbuckler)8/Duelist7
Sadie Jhiwoon wrote:
"Somehow when you say it out loud it just sounds wrong,' she said, giggling.

Vai giggles as well, "As long as know one hears how you plan to saddle me up and ride me."

Context is everything, folks.

Cheliax

Ehos Denulia wrote:
Talk? Nice. Real nice.

I try. :)

Ehos Denulia wrote:
With everyone comfortably settled and having hot cocoa, Ehos moves over to Anthony. He KNEW that the Professor had said Dacamara. He plunks down in front of the younger boy fishing for his notepad.

"So... nice game, huh? We should see about getting a game going again during the winter." Hmm, the familiar elf had chosen to sit with him. A coincidence? Possibly, but elves don't change much in two years, and twins are a rare thing.


M Advanced tengu 1/2 Black Dragon 16 Gestalt Alchemist/Witch

Perception: 1d20 + 31 ⇒ (15) + 31 = 46


Warforged Gestalt: Wiz 20 || Archivist Bard 10 / Loremaster 10

Perception1d20 + 24 ⇒ (14) + 24 = 38
Query wanders the room slowly, his faintly glowing eyes drifting over each section of the room before he turns his head to Ori.
"Room is secure. Guardians are gone, though traps likely. Apologies for an incomplete purging." he says with a slight bow.
"Attempting location of book."
His eyes flash a bright blue, as does a rune that circles around his left eye socket, and he begins rotating in place as if looking for something.
Cast Locate Object
"Magical location failed. Book is not within range, or is protected from my sight. Manual location is required." his eyes cease glowing and he continues to scan the room.


Image
Oneiro Mance wrote:

Perception:1d20+10

While Oneiro takes the time to pull Professor Reading out from under from the web cocoon trap she accidentally activated, Jeran notices a part of a wall doesn't look quite the same as the rest.

"Hey, there's something odd about this part of the wall," he said, reaching out to examine it more closely.


image
Vai Sunwake wrote:
Sadie Jhiwoon wrote:
"Somehow when you say it out loud it just sounds wrong,' she said, giggling.

Vai giggles as well, "As long as know one hears how you plan to saddle me up and ride me."

Context is everything, folks.

Sadie laughed so hard she couldn't breathe. She wiped the tears away from her eyes. "Okay, I needed that."


Male Human (Mole Zoanthrope) 16 Monk/Ninja
Nala Zamarosok wrote:
She sighed with happiness as she smelled the delicious food. "Hmm...it all looks so good. I think I'll have a little bit of everything," she said with a laugh.

He just smiles at her freedom induced happiness, that's been a long time coming, and follows her to the food.


Female Half-elf Gestalt Sorcerer6/Dragon Disciple9 // Rogue (Swashbuckler)8/Duelist7
Sadie Jhiwoon wrote:
Sadie laughed so hard she couldn't breathe. She wiped the tears away from her eyes. "Okay, I needed that."

Vai wiped tears of laughter from her eyes. "You know, we couldn't be any more ridiculous unless we were going to a tea party with a pair of half-og... oh wait." Vai tries to act surprise before bursting into another bout of giggles.


Male Elf Bard 14/Sorcerer (Maestro) 14
Anthony Dacamara wrote:

I try. :)

"So... nice game, huh? We should see about getting a game going again during the winter." Hmm, the familiar elf had chosen to sit with him. A coincidence? Possibly, but elves don't change much in two years, and twins are a rare thing.

'Anthony! You sure have grown since I last saw you. Why are you in Avalon?' reads the note that Ehos holds up. Any look of confusion will be met with a tap on the scarf around Ehos' face and an elaborate pantomime indicating his inability to speak.


Female Elf Gestalt Sorcerer (Starsoul) 16/Oracle (Heavens) 16

Tyrrin awakens groggily in the middle of the afternoon, seeing a veritable pile of blankets on top of her. A chill permeates the air, which is made all the worse by the copious amount of sweat on Tyrrin's brow. Her dreams had been torturous. Almost every dream had ended with her standing under the new sky when suddenly fire starts raining down. Following the fire would come a wave of huge, scaly creatures of all different kinds of colours. The scorched the land with fire, acid, electricity. It was then that Tyrrin would jolt awake, only to fall back asleep within seconds.

She had not slept well, and despite the lateness of her awakening, she still felt tired. The dreams were fading to the back of her mind as she trundled into the cafeteria. Given the events of the previous night, she probably seemed hungover to anyone looking at her. She's so out of it that she doesn't note the inordinate amount of people present, or the hot cocoa set out. A part of her mind wonders where Jaiye is, but she is mostly focused on food. Taking a to-go box, she wanders back out of the cafeteria, making for the library.

Cheliax

Ehos Denulia wrote:
'Anthony! You sure have grown since I last saw you. Why are you in Avalon?' reads the note that Ehos holds up. Any look of confusion will be met with a tap on the scarf around Ehos' face and an elaborate pantomime indicating his inability to speak.

"So it is you! I wasn't sure... Anyway, I'm here because I'm a pretty bright kid, you know?" Anthony demonstrates just how 'bright' he is, Anthony holds his hand up and send a beam of light at the ceiling. It dissipates before it gets there, so there isn't any damage to the school. "If you were at the Talent Show you would have seen my archery skills too, and the light show I put on after that."

"What about you? What's with the pad and the scarf?"


Male Elf Bard 14/Sorcerer (Maestro) 14

Ehos quickly scribbles on his pad. 'I was seating way at the back in the talent show. I cannot speak because any sounds I make are deadly to those around me.' Anthony would see it has odd that the pencil isn't making as noise as it scratches the surface of the paper.

Cheliax

"Huh." Anthony says under his breath as he reads. "You got sound, I got light, and we both can hurt people with it if we wanted too. You tried not being deadly with the sound yet? I couldn't make light around other people cause it would hurt them if I did. One broken rock was enough to prove that."


Just something I came up with to add to a storyline a bit. When I've more time that is. ;)

Meanwhile, far from Avalon, a little boy opens a book that had an interesting cover and begins to read. He's never seen the language before, but understands it almost instinctively. Within seconds, he turns the first page and moves on to the next. He turns the pages so fast most people in the library think he's just looking at the pretty pictures. One even walked over to asked him what he was reading.

“It's an old book of legends.” He replies cheerfully. “It's about five lost treasures.”

Seeing the picture of a massive gemstone on one page, the person ruffles the boy's hair and tells him he has a wonderful imagination before going back to her own business. Slightly confused, the boy goes back to reading the book, utterly entranced by the tales woven within it's pages. So entranced in fact that he fails to notice someone else is interesting in the book, and has sat down next to him to read over his shoulder.

When he finishes reading the book, he jumps as he realizes someone is sitting across the table, apparently reading the book upside down with as much interest has his own.

“Sorry, mister, did you want to read this book? It's got good pictures.”

“I know it does. I wrote it.” The man replies. “How did you like it?”

“I was just looking at pictures.” How did this man know he was reading when that lady hadn't? Something was going on here, and he just couldn't figure it out.

“Yes, I know you liked the pictures, but what did you think of the legend? Anyone taking the time to really look at you could tell you were actually reading my book.”

“Oh. I liked it. Just a legend though.”

“Hardly. I wrote that book, child, but I didn't make up the story. I simply changed the wording a bit. The first treasure has already revealed itself, but the other four will need help. I'm just here to tell you that you can be a part of that help. It won't be long before other, less dangerous but more motivated people find you and take you to the Labs.”

“What?!” The boy whispers, suddenly terrified. The Labs were a place they took Inheritors, and he couldn't do anything like what they could!

“Calm down, you will be protected. A plan is already in motion, even if the participants don't know it yet. After you are safe, you may decide whether you want to help find the four remaining treasures.” The mysterious man stands up and stretches a bit. “Oh, and you can keep that book, it's not part of the library's collection.”

As the man left, the boy looked at the book's cover to see who this man was, if he was indeed the author.

Who was 'Ekaj' and what was he talking about?


Male Elf Bard 14/Sorcerer (Maestro) 14
Anthony Dacamara wrote:
"Huh." Anthony says under his breath as he reads. "You got sound, I got light, and we both can hurt people with it if we wanted too. You tried not being deadly with the sound yet? I couldn't make light around other people cause it would hurt them if I did. One broken rock was enough to prove that."

'Even a whisper is enough to be deadly. My... handicap manifested itself on the night the sky changed.' Ehos was truly shocked to find Anthony here, and his power seemed similar to Ehos' own, except perhaps more controllable.

Cheliax

"Well, mine showed up a few months before that, so it probably has nothing to do with what we saw at that lake two years ago... Anyway, you didn't really answer my question. Might be my fault, the teacher's here say I tend to be vague sometimes."

"Anyway, have you tried using it instead of just talking? I know it's not the same, but I got my light under control a bit after I decide to use it to hunt or keep a room lit."


Male Elf Bard 14/Sorcerer (Maestro) 14
Anthony Dacamara wrote:

"Well, mine showed up a few months before that, so it probably has nothing to do with what we saw at that lake two years ago... Anyway, you didn't really answer my question. Might be my fault, the teacher's here say I tend to be vague sometimes."

"Anyway, have you tried using it instead of just talking? I know it's not the same, but I got my light under control a bit after I decide to use it to hunt or keep a room lit."

Ehos looks pensive for several moments before resuming his scribbling. The page is getting quite full at this point. 'I have not tried to use it. I... had a rather painful experience that first night... however, I will talk to the Headmaster and see if I can get a safe, soundproof practice space. That is an excellent idea Anthony.'


Male Quasit (Demon) Gestalt Vitalist/Psion(Telepath) 16

As Tyrrin heads for the library, a blue scaled form covered in thick oily black goo, and walking with the aid of a crystal staff seemingly carved to look like a chain walks slowly out of a side corridor. The creature is about the size of a gnome or halfling, with leathery wings that droop behind it. It seems to be on a collision course with her when it stops abruptly, flaring its wings out to the side for balance and spraying black goo on the walls to either side. Its eyes are featureless orbs of silver that seem to glow dimly.

::Excuse me. Sorry.:: Tyrrin notices that the creatures mouth did not move, but that it still managed to sound somehow very tired, almost mumbling.


Female Elf Gestalt Sorcerer (Starsoul) 16/Oracle (Heavens) 16

Knowledge check to identify Phaeze's new form?
Knowledge (Planes): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19

Cheliax

Was that even close to any of the ways you thought up for Ehos to get his sonic vocals managed? ;)

"It might not be. Light and sound are different things. It might be harder since you can't see sound. Why soundproof though? Just go outside. Professor Agave would probably love someone to get the dirt loosened up after this freaky flash frost."


Tyrrin Denulia wrote:

Knowledge check to identify Phaeze's new form?

Knowledge (Planes): 1d20+14

Seems to be a quasit, but is the wrong color and much larger than a quasit should be. Quasit is the closest planar creature to what he is.


Male Earth Elemental (Type Unknown) Unknown

The danger to the school and students over for the moment, Wyrd goes back outside and begins gliding through the ground, gently warming root systems and warming the ground itself. A region of melted frost betrays his progress through the garden.

Professor Agave can see that Wyrd has a perfect understanding of how much to warm the plants and the ground to undo some of the damage from the frost, and her garden is looking much happier for his passing. Though it is clear it will need much more work.


"It is strange to find a student so willingly helpful with the garden that isn't already a part of my little gardening crew." Professor Agave says as she walks down a path to meet Wyrd. "And you certainly don't look like someone who would enjoy gardening. Appearances are tricky little deceivers, aren't they?"


Male Earth Elemental (Type Unknown) Unknown

Wyrd rises until his shoulders emerge from the soil.

I have enjoyed many hours in your garden. It is beautiful. It is only fitting that I help to restore it when it has helped to restore so much to me. And I enjoy all of nature. I prefer the wilder parts, but this is quite lovely.


Female Elf Gestalt Sorcerer (Starsoul) 16/Oracle (Heavens) 16
MisterLurch wrote:
Tyrrin Denulia wrote:

Knowledge check to identify Phaeze's new form?

Knowledge (Planes): 1d20+14
Seems to be a quasit, but is the wrong color and much larger than a quasit should be. Quasit is the closest planar creature to what he is.

Tyrrin snaps out of her stupor at the telepathy enters her mind. She sees the figure in front of her and seems dazed for an instant before dropping into a defensive posture, the words of a spell on her lips. "Halt, demon, and identify yourself." Tyrrin's lunchbox has clattered to the floor as her hands are in position to cast a spell. Readied action to cast Banishment.


Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^)
Tyrrin Denulia wrote:
Tyrrin snaps out of her stupor at the telepathy enters her mind. She sees the figure in front of her and seems dazed for an instant before dropping into a defensive posture, the words of a spell on her lips. "Halt, demon, and identify yourself." Tyrrin's lunchbox has clattered to the floor as her hands are in position to cast a spell. Readied action to cast Banishment.

Should I...? Yes, yes I should (^_^)

"Phazeriel? Are you alright?" a concerned (and familiar) voice calls out from behind Tyrrin as Fei comes around into her view.

Noting her stance, he quickly steps between the two.

"Oh! Please, wait - Phazeriel is actually a student here. He has just been in the Infirmary for the last few days due to an...illness. He is not an invader," he says calmly as he gestures toward her hands and gently picks up her dropped lunchbox.

Tyrrin's sleep-deprived mind now registers the fact that the young monk in front of her appears to be mostly...um...skyclad would probably be the correct word. Just a bathing suit and a towel draped over his shoulders cover his athletic form at the moment. (^-^)

Let's see if he can (unintentionally of course) thaw the 'Ice Queen' a wee bit here ;P

17,251 to 17,300 of 69,907 << first < prev | 341 | 342 | 343 | 344 | 345 | 346 | 347 | 348 | 349 | 350 | 351 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tales of Agartha: the Avalon Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.