Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

The Avalon Chronicles

Game Master lynora

This is a high level rules light game set in a school for magical kids, kinda a mash-up of Soul Eater, Harry Potter, and X-Men. :)


17,201 to 17,250 of 68,898 << first < prev | 340 | 341 | 342 | 343 | 344 | 345 | 346 | 347 | 348 | 349 | 350 | next > last >>

Male Human (Mole Zoanthrope) 16 Monk/Ninja

A visibly upset Ryuzo cones running out to the gate.
"Headmaster, what are you doing?!?"


"I am surprised given our warm welcome," the Queen says, amused. "I hardly expected this would be so easy." Her eyes narrowed. "And what happened to your vaunted reputation for protecting your students?"


"The announcement of your arrival did not go over well with the green mage teaching here. She is quite upset about the unseasonable weather."

"The Winter Princess took over the minds of several of my students. She helped in a plot to kill members of my family. The Winter Princess is not one of my students." Ryo says flatly. "Ryuzo, kindly go back inside. This does not concern you."


Male Human (Mole Zoanthrope) 16 Monk/Ninja

"She's my...we were...you can't just let this...creature...have her?!? It's not her fault! It's this twisted crone that made her do those things!"


"Well, well. Mommy's little girl, making friends as usual. Too bad she never learned how to plan."

She said something in a strange language and two of the guards moved to flank her as she approached the gate.

"This I have to see for myself. To be sure."

She regarded Ryuzo with open curiosity. Her eyes flashed with anger when he referred to her as a crone.


Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^)

Since something tells me the pyroclastic missiles and flying icebergs might be noticeable to someone outside... (^-^)

Taking note of the aerial bombardment that has suddenly erupted in the skies over Avalon, Fei jogs around the school perimeter to try and locate some source to the disturbance.


"I found no compulsion in her mind after she was subdued and I looked. She was entirely at fault, my boy, and it seems she has control over you too, though in a much more mundane and effective way. You should be thanking me."

As the Winter Queen decides to investigate, Ryo goes to meet her just outside the gates. The capsule floats at his side rather gracefully for it's shape.

"Pay the boy no mind, he believes she loves him." The Headmaster says as he waves a hand over the capsule and reveals the unconscious Winter Princess. "She'll sleep until you get her to a safe place in your realm."


Male Human (Mole Zoanthrope) 16 Monk/Ninja

"Wha...what? She..? No! That's not..." his face gets very dangerous, and he looks to Mab
"You. You will pay for what you made her endure. Pain, by pain. I will tear your empire down around you, and when your minions refuse to heed you becasue they fear me more than you, you will cry out to the powers that spawned you and they will laugh, and look back at you with my eyes. On that day, I'll serve you to Titania naked and scarred on a f*@~ing platter." he spits, and turns and walks back to the school. His form distorts somewhat, but holds, and you can hear the fain, faint echoes of another woman, laughing...


"Men are well-known to be fools when thinking with the brain between their legs," she said darkly, glaring at Ryuzo. "Though that has often been used to advantage," she added with a sinister smile. "Perhaps you would like to remain with her?" she added in a sweet voice accompanied by a predatory smile.


Mab shook her head at the boy's mad ravings, making a mental note to make his life hell for rejecting her offer. As long as she was patient, a chance would come.

She turned her attention to the form inside the capsule.

"I suppose you expect me to take your word for it that she is undamaged?" she asked, coldly.


Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^)

Fei comes skidding to a halt on the path just inside the gates, looking back and forth at Ryo and the entourage outside, and Ryuzo's retreating form heading toward the school.


::Patience,:: Valēre's voice gently intones in Fei's mind. ::If all goes as planned, they won't need you here. Trust in your fellows.::


"I never said she was undamaged. She was quite a handful when it came to undoing her control on the students, and subduing her seems to have left... blank spots in her memory. I apologize for that, though the amnesia may make her easier to control in the future. I certainly didn't see the reason she left you anywhere in her mind."

"That arctic palace of yours is quite impressive, by the way. As expected of the Winter Queen."


"Well, it seems they were not mistaken when they told me you were a scholar. You've done your homework. So nice to speak with somone who appreciates good architecture," she purred. She is annoyed bordering on furious.

"My daughter was always a willful child. She did not wish to live a life bounded by duty." Outright lie. "Though it seems she is a great deal more biddable now," she said, as she probed the clone's mind. She is very disappointed. She had been looking forward to inflicting punishments on Nala for running away.


Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^)
Valēre wrote:
::Patience,:: Valēre's voice gently intones in Fei's mind. ::If all goes as planned, they won't need you here. Trust in your fellows.::

Fei lets out a centering breath and maintains his position [readies an action], the heat coming from his body clashing with the unearthly cold in the form of rising ribbons of steam.

He thinks to himself that - once this latest crisis is over - perhaps the swimsuit he is wearing needs to be burned. It does not seem to be possessed of any good luck at all. (o.O)

;D


"So it does. Is that everything, your Highness?"


"Yes, I have what I came for." She is very disappointed not to have any excuse to lash out at the school for harboring her runaway daughter.

"And it is long past time I got my darling daughter back home so she can resume her duties." Her attention has already shifted to picking out suitable knight candidates.

She spoke again in that strange harsh language and the guards led the capsule containing the Nala clone away and the whole procession departed back to the winter kingdom.


"A parting shot if you wish." Ryo sighs heavily. One last rain of molten rock falls toward the group, falling just short of actually hitting them.

Ryo goes back to his office and sits down in the chair quite quickly. Holding off that chill had been quite a strain without his focuses.


Image

"It's done," she said, stunned. "I didn't think it would work. Ryuzo, your performance was brilliant. It completely distracted her. She barely examined the clone at all."


Male Human (Mole Zoanthrope) 16 Monk/Ninja

"She really doesn't like being called a crone, it seems." says with a wicked grin.


Image

"Are they still moving?" she asked, tentatively checking on the current status of the guardians after Query's summoned creatures attacked them.


Image
Ryuzo Kato wrote:
"She really doesn't like being called a crone, it seems." says with a wicked grin.

She chuckled. "Yeah, if I were you I'd avoid coming to her attention ever again after that."


Male Human (Mole Zoanthrope) 16 Monk/Ninja

"I reckon we'll cross paths again. Taht wasn't exactly an idle threat I threw out there. She will pay for what she did to you."


The sounds from the room with the guardians have quieted down, but whether that means the summoned creatures succeeded or not is yet to be seen.


"Mr. Kato? I believe this is yours." The Headmaster holds out the cloth. "A wonderful bit of magic I would love to try replicating at a later date."


Male Human (Mole Zoanthrope) 16 Monk/Ninja

He accepts return of his veil with a bow, and returns it around his neck.
"That's patron level work there Ryo-sama. But you are welcomed to try."


Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^)

[Blink, Blink]

Fei looks around for a moment, but as everyone who could offer any explanation has gone he returns to the pool and starts breaking up the ice sheet covering it. :)


Female Half-elf Gestalt Sorcerer6/Dragon Disciple9 // Rogue (Swashbuckler)8/Duelist7
Sadie Jhiwoon wrote:
"Of course. Zren and Rikken are totally looking forward to it. And of course I'll still teach you how to fence. I did say I wanted to still be friends. That's not just words, you know," she said. Her cheerfulness didn't sound believable, but she was holding things together pretty well.

"I'm sorry for leading you on Sadie. I wish it were easier. I wish I was... that I wasn't so confused about this stuff. You're always so good to me." Vai still sounded ashamed, and wasn't making eye-contact with Sadie. "But, if Ursula gives you trouble again, I can roast her with lightning." Vai tried joking, but her voice sounded hollow and mirthless.


Female Half-elf Gestalt Sorcerer6/Dragon Disciple9 // Rogue (Swashbuckler)8/Duelist7
Imperial Chronicler wrote:
Vai Sunwake wrote:

Hmmm, Fei can't really touch people and Vai can't stand being touched. This couple keeps getting more perfect :P

And the first piece of the puzzle is given voice...or type, in this case ;D

Yeah...that observation kinda reminds me of Season One of Dexter....minus the whole serial killer thing, of course (^-^)

I don't think Vai realizes the extent of Fei's... ability, yet. She just knows he can explode things. xD

People keep telling me I should watch Dexter, but I haven't gotten around to it yet, so I missed that reference. Watching through FMA: Brotherhood right now though. And Rome. Rome is excellent.


Image
Agarthian Storyteller wrote:
The sounds from the room with the guardians have quieted down, but whether that means the summoned creatures succeeded or not is yet to be seen.

"I'm probably going to regret this," she said, tying a handkerchief around her face to protect herself from flying dust and went back into the room to see if the guardians were dead or not.


Image
Ryuzo Kato wrote:
"I reckon we'll cross paths again. Taht wasn't exactly an idle threat I threw out there. She will pay for what she did to you."

"Ryuzo....I would much rather have you than revenge. Don't get sucked into that mire. It doesn't end well."


image
Vai Sunwake wrote:
Sadie Jhiwoon wrote:
"Of course. Zren and Rikken are totally looking forward to it. And of course I'll still teach you how to fence. I did say I wanted to still be friends. That's not just words, you know," she said. Her cheerfulness didn't sound believable, but she was holding things together pretty well.
"I'm sorry for leading you on Sadie. I wish it were easier. I wish I was... that I wasn't so confused about this stuff. You're always so good to me." Vai still sounded ashamed, and wasn't making eye-contact with Sadie. "But, if Ursula gives you trouble again, I can roast her with lightning." Vai tried joking, but her voice sounded hollow and mirthless.

"Vai, look at me. For real."

"You didn't lead me on. You gave things between us a chance. I'm allowed to feel disappointed that you don't return my feelings. I'm also allowed to hope that you'll change your mind someday. And even with all of that, I can still be your friend. You feel the way you feel. I care about you and I want you to be happy. Even if that doesn't happen with me."


Male Human (Mole Zoanthrope) 16 Monk/Ninja

He looks at her for a long, hard minute. It looks as if he's weighing something, as he looks deep in her eyes. She may feel a bit naked under his gaze, but he seems to decide something, and sighs.
"I love you very much. More than I did even two minutes ago. Your mother deserves worse than what my patron and I could do to her, for what she put you through, what she's put us through... But, I will not cause you any stress or worrying about me on a vendetta. I want our time together to be good memories. If you wish it, I will not seek vengeance."


Image

Nala breathed a sigh of relief. She smiled. "That is what I wish. My mother has taken too much from me already and I would rather not waste another precious minute on her or her schemes. The only way I would get involved in that mess again is if it were necessary to protect others."


Male Human (Mole Zoanthrope) 16 Monk/Ninja

"Done, then. Is it odd to be hungry again?" as his stomach growls.


Image

"Not really. I was too nervous to do more than pick at my food earlier even though it was good. I think maybe we should go get a second dinner, one we can actually eat and celebrate freedom," she said with a stunning smile.

"Thank you so much for your help, Headmaster. I can't begin to tell you how grateful I am."


Vai Sunwake wrote:
I don't think Vai realizes the extent of Fei's... ability, yet. She just knows he can explode things. xD

Well...that is the important part to remember, at the end of the day... (^_^)

Vai Sunwake wrote:
People keep telling me I should watch Dexter, but I haven't gotten around to it yet, so I missed that reference. Watching through FMA: Brotherhood right now though. And Rome. Rome is excellent.

Dexter is twisted, but fun - good actors in that series. I've got the first episode of Season 1 of Rome sitting in my iTunes library, but I keep forgetting to watch the bloody thing...


Nala Zamarosok wrote:
"Thank you so much for your help, Headmaster. I can't begin to tell you how grateful I am."

"I protect my students." He replies simply. "She was quite ready to accept the lie that I would simply turn you over when it was wrapped in the truth of the things you've done. Things of which you have been forgiven, in case you need to be reminded."


Ori Reading wrote:
"I'm probably going to regret this," she said, tying a handkerchief around her face to protect herself from flying dust and went back into the room to see if the guardians were dead or not.

Both guardians are looking at Ori, but the fire in their eyes are barely visible and they seem to have been crippled.


Image
Headmaster Ryo wrote:
Nala Zamarosok wrote:
"Thank you so much for your help, Headmaster. I can't begin to tell you how grateful I am."
"I protect my students." He replies simply. "She was quite ready to accept the lie that I would simply turn you over when it was wrapped in the truth of the things you've done. Things of which you have been forgiven, in case you need to be reminded."

"I am reminded every day," she said quietly.


Image
Agarthian Storyteller wrote:
Ori Reading wrote:
"I'm probably going to regret this," she said, tying a handkerchief around her face to protect herself from flying dust and went back into the room to see if the guardians were dead or not.
Both guardians are looking at Ori, but the fire in their eyes are barely visible and they seem to have been crippled.

Ori folds a piece of paper into a shape that looks like a small sapling. She sets it down and it grows into a large treant that moves forward to attack the guardians.

Slam: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (7) + 17 = 24
Damage: 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (4, 2) + 9 = 15

Slam: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (1) + 17 = 18
Damage: 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (3, 1) + 9 = 13


"Forgive me if I'm wrong, but the tone of your voice seems to express a bit of shame toward that fact. There are people in my family that have done truly horrible things, even to each other! If the family forgives you, you have accoplished something extraordinary. Though considering how many times Professor Sunwake has forgiven me for something, it might not seem like it..."


As easy as it is to hit them when they can't move, the treant doesn't have the strength to damage them further. It only manages to cause more clouds of dust to fill the air.


Image

"How can I not be ashamed? The people I hurt most were the quickest to forgive me. I didn't know that kind of thinking was even possible before. I've worked hard to live up to that. But the others....the ones that were under my control, but not otherwise hurt...the only thing I forced them to do outside of their own nature was like me and dislike the people I disliked. But even that did so much damage, and they never let me forget it. And they're right. It's exactly the sort of thing my mother does and I've always hated her for it. I can't blame them for hating me. Just because I didn't take it as far as her doesn't make what I did right...." She looked away. "It's easier for the sins that happened away from the school to be overlooked. That I did what I did here and to my fellow students...I'll never get away from it. Not really."


Image

Ori quickly exited the room before she inhaled anymore dust.

"So, we need to hit them with something stronger than a treant....how long do you think you can hold your breath, Jeran?"


Image

Jeran shrugged. "Long enough."

He took a deep breath before heading into the room and taking a swing at the first guardian he encountered.

Attack: 1d20 + 35 ⇒ (14) + 35 = 49
Damage: 8d10 + 16 ⇒ (4, 7, 5, 3, 10, 10, 5, 7) + 16 = 67


Imperial Chronicler wrote:
Vai Sunwake wrote:
I don't think Vai realizes the extent of Fei's... ability, yet. She just knows he can explode things. xD
Well...that is the important part to remember, at the end of the day... (^_^)

Quite. To quote the great Yevgeny Zamyatin, "Explosions are not comfortable."

Imperial Chronicler wrote:
Vai Sunwake wrote:
People keep telling me I should watch Dexter, but I haven't gotten around to it yet, so I missed that reference. Watching through FMA: Brotherhood right now though. And Rome. Rome is excellent.
Dexter is twisted, but fun - good actors in that series. I've got the first episode of Season 1 of Rome sitting in my iTunes library, but I keep forgetting to watch the bloody thing...

At the risk of repeating myself: Rome is exquisite. One of the best television series I've seen. Everything is highly detailed and exhaustingly researched, it really gives you an idea of what it would be to live in early BCE Rome.


Nala Zamarosok wrote:
"It's easier for the sins that happened away from the school to be overlooked. That I did what I did here and to my fellow students...I'll never get away from it. Not really."

"I will never get away from for being the reason my brother became a vampire. Professor Yrrum will never get away from the fact he was part of a gang of thieves. Most recently, I doubt Michael Dacamara will forget what he did during the demon invasion. Yes, you hurt people, but I think you are becoming a better person for it."

"Would your mother be as remorseful?"


Female Half-elf Gestalt Sorcerer6/Dragon Disciple9 // Rogue (Swashbuckler)8/Duelist7
Sadie Jhiwoon wrote:

"Vai, look at me. For real."

"You didn't lead me on. You gave things between us a chance. I'm allowed to feel disappointed that you don't return my feelings. I'm also allowed to hope that you'll change your mind someday. And even with all of that, I can still be your friend. You feel the way you feel. I care about you and I want you to be happy. Even if that doesn't happen with me."

Vai finally makes eye contact as Sadie says her peace.

"I... thank you, Sadie. See, you're always so nice to me. Vai says, feeling like there was something in her throat. "I... I want to be happy too. My sister told me that Professor Yrrum might be able to make a potion that would help me overcome my... um..." she pauses, looking for the right word. "neuroses. I'm gonna talk to him tomorrow. Thank you for understanding though." Vai sighs and looks around at the fencing room. "I wish it were more simple."


More so than the treant, Jeran is capable of crushing enough of the first guardian to render the magic keeping it animated have nothing to hold it together. The glow of it's eyes go out.

17,201 to 17,250 of 68,898 << first < prev | 340 | 341 | 342 | 343 | 344 | 345 | 346 | 347 | 348 | 349 | 350 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tales of Agartha: the Avalon Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.