Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

The Avalon Chronicles

Game Master lynora

This is a high level rules light game set in a school for magical kids, kinda a mash-up of Soul Eater, Harry Potter, and X-Men. :)


17,051 to 17,100 of 64,867 << first < prev | 337 | 338 | 339 | 340 | 341 | 342 | 343 | 344 | 345 | 346 | 347 | next > last >>

Image
Alton Keme de Eil wrote:
Nala Zamarosok wrote:

[blink, blink]

"Gods help anyone who tried to go up against us at cards,' she said dryly, as she tried to think about the implications of being the champion of luck.

Knowledge versus Luck and Deception... Five gold. Raise, call, or fold? ;)

Call. :)


Male Human (Mole Zoanthrope) 16 Monk/Ninja

"We sure can. Just think of where you want to be, and focus on the need to be there. You can port anywhere you wish now."


Male Human (Mole Zoanthrope) 16 Monk/Ninja

Raise. <poker face>


Image

Nala squeaked in surprise as she did what Ryuzo told her and suddenly found herself back at Avalon.

"I...I didn't think it would work," she exclaimed.


Ori Reading wrote:
"Well, if we're very fortunate, then those creatures won't be able to withstand the assault against them. Or we'll have to risk another attempt at fighting them. But somehow we'll make it back into that room to search for the real book."

Two DC 19 Reflex saves from the summons for half of 20d6 ⇒ (5, 5, 3, 6, 6, 1, 4, 3, 1, 6, 2, 1, 1, 5, 1, 3, 3, 4, 6, 6) = 72 electricity. SR if needed 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (9) + 20 = 29

"If we fight them again... What were they? I admit I never studied creatures very much. Telling Jeran to punch it was simply because punching it released the dust."


Call. first three cards are 3d12 ⇒ (9, 1, 2) = 12 Nine of 1d4 ⇒ 2 Clubs, Ace of 1d4 ⇒ 3 Spades, and 2 of1d4 ⇒ 2 Clubs.


Image

"I have no idea...but my studies were cut rather abruptly short...I know. I don't know how I ended up as a teacher either."


Image

"So we should go talk to the Headmaster now," she said, trying to adjust as quickly as possible. "Mother will be here soon, and if luck is on her side, which I suppose it has to be, the Headmaster will have already finished the clone of me."


Female Half-elf Gestalt Sorcerer6/Dragon Disciple9 // Rogue (Swashbuckler)8/Duelist7
Alton Keme de Eil wrote:
Call. first three cards are 3d12 Nine of 1d4 Clubs, Ace of 1d4 Spades, and 2 of1d4 Clubs.

A sudden burst of light blinds everyone. When the light fades, the cards are slightly out of place. Sometimes you have to make your own luck :D

Vai parted with Keme and began to leave to find Sadie...

Now would be the time for Ephebe to intercept Vai is she still wanted to talk to her


Image
Alton Keme de Eil wrote:
Call. first three cards are 3d12 Nine of 1d4 Clubs, Ace of 1d4 Spades, and 2 of1d4 Clubs.

And this is where it would help if I knew how to play the game...


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6

"Hey, Vai, got a minute?" she asked, moving to intercept her sister as she left the lab.


Nala Zamarosok wrote:
And this is where it would help if I knew how to play the game...

No worries, I'm sure we can teach you as we play...


Female Half-elf Gestalt Sorcerer6/Dragon Disciple9 // Rogue (Swashbuckler)8/Duelist7

"Um... yeah, I suppose. What's up?" Vai turned to look at her sister. "Can we walk and talk?"


Image
Alton Keme de Eil wrote:
Nala Zamarosok wrote:
And this is where it would help if I knew how to play the game...
No worries, I'm sure we can teach you as we play...

So what do I do next?


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6
Vai Sunwake wrote:
"Um... yeah, I suppose. What's up?" Vai turned to look at her sister. "Can we walk and talk?"

"Yeah, no problem."

"I'm not quite sure how to ask this so I'm going to be blunt. You were practically drooling over Fei back there. But you went on a date with Sadie last night....so who is it you actually like?"


You know, maybe you should just read the rules while I take your boyfriend's gold.


Image

Nala squeaked again as she suddenly teleported to just in front of the door to the Headmaster's office. She tentatively knocked on the door.


Right as the gaming group starts packing up to leave...


Female Half-elf Gestalt Sorcerer6/Dragon Disciple9 // Rogue (Swashbuckler)8/Duelist7
Ephebe wrote:

"Yeah, no problem."

"I'm not quite sure how to ask this so I'm going to be blunt. You were practically drooling over Fei back there. But you went on a date with Sadie last night....so who is it you actually like?"

Vai blushes as they walk, and stutters at the forwardness. "I uh- I... I don't know. I... Sadie's really nice and pretty... but Fei is so... I don't know. Not like it matters. I can't even stand being kissed..."


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6

"What does that have to do with who you like? They're both patient people. But you need to figure out which one you actually want to be with...or if the answer is neither. And if you don't know right now...you need to tell Sadie that. She needs to know how you really feel."

"Wait...does this mean Sadie kissed you?"


Warforged Gestalt: Wiz 20 || Archivist Bard 10 / Loremaster 10

Reflex for Elemental: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28 Takes 36.
Reflex for Deva: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (8) + 17 = 25 Takes 26.
If the spells were level 3 or lower, they straight up don't affect the two.

Astral Deva:

Full attack on Non-Elemental'd grisgol
Attack 1: 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (7) + 28 = 35
Attack 2: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (10) + 23 = 33
Attack 3: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (14) + 18 = 32
Damage 1: 1d8 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22
Damage 2: 1d8 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17
Damage 3: 1d8 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22
Accompanying Fort Saves
Fort DC23: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (20) + 22 = 42
Fort DC23: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (6) + 22 = 28
Fort DC23: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (12) + 22 = 34[/ooc]

Elemental:

Full Attack on the same Grisgol as last round.
15' reach, so shouldn't be a problem.
Attack 1: 1d20 + 29 ⇒ (14) + 29 = 43
Attack 2: 1d20 + 29 ⇒ (12) + 29 = 41
Damage 1: 2d10 + 15 ⇒ (5, 5) + 15 = 25
Damage 2: 2d10 + 15 ⇒ (5, 1) + 15 = 21

"Grisgol. Guardian construct of a Lich. Impervious to magic."
He turns to you and his eyes flash as he accesses the bank of knowledge within before sharing what he knows.
Reasonable for me to share the info on the Grisgol page, given my Know. roll earlier?


Male Human (Mole Zoanthrope) 16 Monk/Ninja

"Heh. You get..." ...and she was gone again. He ports to the headmasters office as she's knocking. "Heh. Fast learner."


Image
Ryuzo Kato wrote:
"Heh. You get..." ...and she was gone again. He ports to the headmasters office as she's knocking. "Heh. Fast learner."

"Next you're going to have to teach me how not to teleport to places when I think about them," she quipped.


Male Human (Mole Zoanthrope) 16 Monk/Ninja

"Just keep the desire to be at the place out of your thoughts. You'll get the hang of it. Teaching you to shift is going to be fun." he says with a smile.


Image

She smiled back. There were times, like right now, when she really wished she could get past her fears better so that she could at least hug him without having a panic attack.

"Well, hopefully it won't lead to too many awkward moments."


"Come on in, Miss Zamarosok." Ryo says as he opens the door. "You too, Mister Kato. I'd like your opinions, since appearance is rather important at the moment."

As way of explanation, Ryo steps aside and indicates a new addition to his office: a plain bed floating several inches off the floor. On it rests a duplicate of Nala.

"I had Professor Yrrum add a self-replicating DNA strand to it for authenticity and to help cover up the imperfections the card creates."


Image

Nala walked inside the office and examined the clone thoroughly.

She looked up, grinning widely.

"It worked. The powers went to the clone when I gave them up. Now we just have to convince my mother that this is me, slightly worse for wear, and this nightmare will really be over for good."


Female Half-elf Gestalt Sorcerer6/Dragon Disciple9 // Rogue (Swashbuckler)8/Duelist7
Ephebe wrote:

"What does that have to do with who you like? They're both patient people. But you need to figure out which one you actually want to be with...or if the answer is neither. And if you don't know right now...you need to tell Sadie that. She needs to know how you really feel."

"Wait...does this mean Sadie kissed you?"

"Er... a bit. But, I mean, it was kinda my fault." Vai stammered, "I took her flying last night, and I was exhausted afterwards. I tripped and she tried to catch me, but she eneded up falling too. I... I didn't really move away, so it's kinda my fault too."

Vai sighs before continueing. "I don't even really know Fei. He's always quiet and polite. He never talks unless you talk to him first. Even though we've been training together for a week, we don't really talk. Sadie's so much more talkative, and really understanding of me. When I.... when I showed her my dragon form, she didn't run away or anything. She said I was beautiful..." Vai trails off, a wistful smile crosses her face.


"Gave them up? I'll assume this means the plan is going to go much smoother now, correct?"


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6

"I'm liking her better already," Ephebe said with a grin. "After all, how can I not approve of someone who calls my little sister beautiful, scales and all."

"Look, don't be too hard on her for last night. You guys were both pretty plastered. I'm sorry for not warning you about the punch beforehand. It didn't occur to me. But apparently you only have a draconic constitution when you're in draconic form. Anyways, I think if you're still unsure of your feelings then you should tell her that. There's nothing wrong with asking for a little space to figure things out, and I bet she'll appreciate the honesty."


Image
Headmaster Ryo wrote:
"Gave them up? I'll assume this means the plan is going to go much smoother now, correct?"

Nala nodded. "Yeah, it should. We were able to use the special abilities of the library to locate information about an ancient ritual to allow a princess of one of the fey courts to abdicate her position...well, more literally to 'change her fate'.....which is what I did. It was kind of an odd experience. But it lets me get away from my mother without having to do something as drastic as changing my DNA."


Ephebe wrote:

"But apparently you only have a draconic constitution when you're in draconic form."

Constitution? Sis, when you can drink gallons of emerald blaze and not keel over, it's a bit more than constitutional fortitude. Or maybe that's just me...


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6
Taron Sunwake wrote:
Ephebe wrote:

"But apparently you only have a draconic constitution when you're in draconic form."

Constitution? Sis, when you can drink gallons of emerald blaze and not keel over, it's a bit more than constitutional fortitude. Or maybe that's just me...

It's not just you. James can do that too....apparently someone bet him they could drink more than him. He said something along the lines of it being easy money. :P


New to the school I'm guessing? I swear, getting into any sort of food or drink related contest is part of the hazing around here.


Male Human (Mole Zoanthrope) 16 Monk/Ninja

"Hmm. Hard to tell without her up and moving around or talking...but seeing her lying there would fool me with out a whole lot of scrutiny."


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6
Taron Sunwake wrote:
New to the school I'm guessing? I swear, getting into any sort of food or drink related contest is part of the hazing around here.

No, this was in town....something about negotiating the union contract for the factory? I didn't really ask a lot of questions. :)


Image
Ryuzo Kato wrote:
"Hmm. Hard to tell without her up and moving around or talking...but seeing her lying there would fool me with out a whole lot of scrutiny."

"Well, if it would fool you, then there isn't much reason to think it wouldn't fool the queen. She rarely paid attention to me. Only when she needed to appoint a new knight. It's the attendants you have to worry about. They're much more familiar.....but I have been gone for almost two years, so I think that this will still fool them."


Nala Zamarosok wrote:
Nala nodded. "But it lets me get away from my mother without having to do something as drastic as changing my DNA."

"The Professor will be quite unhappy to hear that. The last person he was going to help that way found a much different way, making his help unnecessary. He'll get over by the time his next class starts."


Male Human (Mole Zoanthrope) 16 Monk/Ninja

"Can...it...walk and talk?"


"Originally, the brain wavess were were to be the same as Miss Zamarosok in a deep sleep. They can be changed of course, to allow movement and communication, in a small amount of time."


Ephebe wrote:
Taron Sunwake wrote:
New to the school I'm guessing? I swear, getting into any sort of food or drink related contest is part of the hazing around here.
No, this was in town....something about negotiating the union contract for the factory? I didn't really ask a lot of questions. :)

That's usually best when not negotiating your own contracts with him. :)


Male Human (Mole Zoanthrope) 16 Monk/Ninja

"In order for this to work, she...it...will have to remember the things Nala suffered..." he says weakly.


Female Half-elf Gestalt Sorcerer6/Dragon Disciple9 // Rogue (Swashbuckler)8/Duelist7
Ephebe wrote:

"I'm liking her better already," Ephebe said with a grin. "After all, how can I not approve of someone who calls my little sister beautiful, scales and all."

"Look, don't be too hard on her for last night. You guys were both pretty plastered. I'm sorry for not warning you about the punch beforehand. It didn't occur to me. But apparently you only have a draconic constitution when you're in draconic form. Anyways, I think if you're still unsure of your feelings then you should tell her that. There's nothing wrong with asking for a little space to figure things out, and I bet she'll appreciate the honesty."

"Plaster.... oh. Well, last night makes a lot more sense now. Including when I tried to bully Ursula... thanks Sis. I did manage to hold her hand last night... maybe drink could help me get over my fears..."


"Not if she has selective amnesia induced by myself to conceal the events that had her run away from the Winter Queen in the first place. As distasteful as the lie is, it might work."


Male Human (Mole Zoanthrope) 16 Monk/Ninja

"Yeah, she even might get a kick out of it."


Image

"Well, my thought was that you could simply tell her I was in a comatose state because of injuries suffered when I struggled to get away.....but it would probably be more believable if you told her I was under some sort of curse. An unconscious clone can still do what she wants and this clone won't suffer this way because she doesn't have any feelings and can't care."

"But it would probably be more convincing if she were awake. And the selective amnesia thing....yes, I believe that would please the queen."


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6
Vai Sunwake wrote:
Ephebe wrote:

"I'm liking her better already," Ephebe said with a grin. "After all, how can I not approve of someone who calls my little sister beautiful, scales and all."

"Look, don't be too hard on her for last night. You guys were both pretty plastered. I'm sorry for not warning you about the punch beforehand. It didn't occur to me. But apparently you only have a draconic constitution when you're in draconic form. Anyways, I think if you're still unsure of your feelings then you should tell her that. There's nothing wrong with asking for a little space to figure things out, and I bet she'll appreciate the honesty."

"Plaster.... oh. Well, last night makes a lot more sense now. Including when I tried to bully Ursula... thanks Sis. I did manage to hold her hand last night... maybe drink could help me get over my fears..."

"Down that road lies madness.....let's not try that theory....but I bet you could convince Professor Yrrum to make a potion for you that will bolster your courage for short periods of time without being intoxicating. He loves a challenge."


Male Human (Mole Zoanthrope) 16 Monk/Ninja

"Yeah, I really don't wanna be here for that. I don't think even a fabricated person deserves what's coming..."


Image

Nala shivered as she tried and failed to not remember.

"No one deserves that," she said softly.


Male Human (Mole Zoanthrope) 16 Monk/Ninja

Ryuzo puts an arm around Nala.
"We don't need to be here for this. Lets get out of the headmaster's hair and be done with it."

"Thank you for your help in all this Ryo-sama."

17,051 to 17,100 of 64,867 << first < prev | 337 | 338 | 339 | 340 | 341 | 342 | 343 | 344 | 345 | 346 | 347 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tales of Agartha: the Avalon Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.