Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

The Avalon Chronicles

Game Master lynora

This is a high level rules light game set in a school for magical kids, kinda a mash-up of Soul Eater, Harry Potter, and X-Men. :)


16,401 to 16,450 of 64,924 << first < prev | 324 | 325 | 326 | 327 | 328 | 329 | 330 | 331 | 332 | 333 | 334 | next > last >>

Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^)

After completing his katas, Fei makes his way to the gymnasium showers to get cleaned up (passing briefly through the Cafeteria to grab a 'breakfast box' on the way).


Female Half-elf Gestalt Sorcerer6/Dragon Disciple9 // Rogue (Swashbuckler)8/Duelist7
Sadie Jhiwoon wrote:
"That is absolutely okay with me," she said, her smile turning a little shy. She held out her arm. "May I assist the lovely lady back to her quarters?" she said, mock-formally.

Vai giggled, slowly taking Sadie's arm. "Such a... um... gentleman?" she giggled again as they start to make their way. See, this isn't scary. Your heart isn't racing from fear... right?


Image
Vai Sunwake wrote:
Sadie Jhiwoon wrote:
"That is absolutely okay with me," she said, her smile turning a little shy. She held out her arm. "May I assist the lovely lady back to her quarters?" she said, mock-formally.
Vai giggled, slowly taking Sadie's arm. "Such a... um... gentleman?" she giggled again as they start to make their way. See, this isn't scary. Your heart isn't racing from fear... right?

Sadie giggled nervously. "I get that a lot. Especially from the younger girls afgter that incident with the zombie robot thingies at the pool. They call me their knight in shining armor," she said rolling her eyes. She paused briefly.

"Feel free to tell me to shut up if I'm talking too much. I'm so nervous I feel like my chest is going to explode and I start talking a lot when I'm nervous. Umm....I mean, I just don't want to scare you. The more I get to know you, the more I like you." She blushed.


M Advanced tengu 1/2 Black Dragon 16 Gestalt Alchemist/Witch

Khassar manages to disentangle himself from the tree before it drags him to the ground. He spots Jeran and Oneiro and heads over to them. When he gets there he casts Cure Serious wounds on Onerio.

Cuse Serious Wounds: 3d8 + 15 ⇒ (7, 2, 5) + 15 = 29


Image

"Glad you could make it," Jeran says to Khassar with a smirk. "It's getting a bit rough here."


M Advanced tengu 1/2 Black Dragon 16 Gestalt Alchemist/Witch

"I'd have benn here sooner but a tree wanted to discuss politics."


Female Half-elf Gestalt Sorcerer6/Dragon Disciple9 // Rogue (Swashbuckler)8/Duelist7
Sadie Jhiwoon wrote:

Sadie giggled nervously. "I get that a lot. Especially from the younger girls afgter that incident with the zombie robot thingies at the pool. They call me their knight in shining armor," she said rolling her eyes. She paused briefly.

"Feel free to tell me to shut up if I'm talking too much. I'm so nervous I feel like my chest is going to explode and I start talking a lot when I'm nervous. Umm....I mean, I just don't want to scare you. The more I get to know you, the more I like you." She blushed.

Despite Sadie's help, Vai is still dragging her feet with exhaustion. "It's hard to describe how I feel Sadie. I get tingles when we're together, and I want to spend more time with you. I just..." Vai suddenly trips and is falling face-first into the ground, for the second time that evening.

Reflex Save DC25 for Sadie to catch Vai mid-fall.


Image

Ref: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19

Sadie tries to catch Vai, but her reflexes are still a little off from the alcohol and she ends up tumbling to the ground herself. She grunted as Vai fell over her.

"Are you okay? Did you get hurt again?" she asked, worried. "I'm so sorry. I should have been paying more attention."


Male Human (Mole Zoanthrope) 16 Monk/Ninja
Nala Zamarosok wrote:


Nala hurried off, but stopped halfway down the hall and turned to Ryuzo. "This is all happening so fast. I can't even really take it in. Are you going to be okay with this? Me as a polar bear? It still doesn't seem real."

"Well, I dunno. I'm getting pretty silly images of what our kids would look like. Mole-bears? Polar moles?" he teases.

"Hey, don't worry. You can't get rid of me so easily. I'm looking forward to helping you learn how to control your shifting. I'm still a bit concerned on how your mother is goin to take it..."


Image

Nala laughed, a real laugh as the image of 'polar moles' was startling enough to make her forget about the rest for a few moments.

"You always know just what to say don't you?" she said shaking her head as she wiped away tears of laughter.

"As for the Queen....well, there really isn't any solution that she's going to take well. That sled has already departed. We'll just have to navigate through all of this the best we can. I'm not willing to give up now."


Male Quasit (Demon) Gestalt Vitalist/Psion(Telepath) 16
Ryuzo Kato wrote:
"Well, I dunno. I'm getting pretty silly images of what our kids would look like. Mole-bears? Polar moles?"

Molar Bears ;)


Phaezeriel wrote:
Ryuzo Kato wrote:
"Well, I dunno. I'm getting pretty silly images of what our kids would look like. Mole-bears? Polar moles?"
Molar Bears ;)

*groan*

:P


Female Half-elf Gestalt Sorcerer6/Dragon Disciple9 // Rogue (Swashbuckler)8/Duelist7

This is definitely what just happened.

Vai closes her eyes, expecting to hit hard floor, but instead she lands on something soft. Her eyes flutter open, looking directly into Sadie's eyes, and she instantly blushes. "I... I'm fine... thank you." Vai doesn't break eye contact, but the longer the eye contact lasts, the more Vai blushes.


Image

It so is. :)

Sadie's heart was thumping so hard she could barely breathe. "I...I'm glad you're alright....." She ran out of things to say on account of her brain not working particularly well at the moment. Without thinking she leaned forward and kissed Vai lightly on the lips.

And then thought intruded once again. "Vai, I'm so sorry. I didn't think....I was just about to say how I wasn't going to rush you and what I was scared of was scaring you away and then I act like this. I'm sorry. I don't know what's wrong with me tonight. Please forgive me. I never meant to make you uncomfortable....I won't blame you if you never want to talk to me again."


Khassar Blackadder wrote:
"I'd have benn here sooner but a tree wanted to discuss politics."

"Next time just tell it to make like itself and leaf you alone." :)

"Thanks for the spell, I can feel my other arm now." Oniero takes a bunch of paper and throws it into the air. When it starts coming down it slices through the trees that are just barely standing, and does so at an angle that causes them to fall away from everyone. "Now we've got a clear shot."


Male Human (Mole Zoanthrope) 16 Monk/Ninja
Nala Zamarosok wrote:

Nala laughed, a real laugh as the image of 'polar moles' was startling enough to make her forget about the rest for a few moments.

"You always know just what to say don't you?" she said shaking her head as she wiped away tears of laughter.

"As for the Queen....well, there really isn't any solution that she's going to take well. That sled has already departed. We'll just have to navigate through all of this the best we can. I'm not willing to give up now."

"Making you laugh is just one of many job descriptions boyfriend has, M'lady." He says with a silly bow

"I think though, when she arrives, we should treat her with respect and be nice.
It's easier to catch a mole with grubs than poison, they say. Maybe she'll be taken a-back enough to keep her off kilter a bit. At the very least it could be fun to watch."


Image
Oneiro Mance wrote:
Khassar Blackadder wrote:
"I'd have benn here sooner but a tree wanted to discuss politics."

"Next time just tell it to make like itself and leaf you alone." :)

"Thanks for the spell, I can feel my other arm now." Oniero takes a bunch of paper and throws it into the air. When it starts coming down it slices through the trees that are just barely standing, and does so at an angle that causes them to fall away from everyone. "Now we've got a clear shot."

"Alright. Well...take your best shot and hope they don't both turn on us."


Image
Ryuzo Kato wrote:
Nala Zamarosok wrote:

Nala laughed, a real laugh as the image of 'polar moles' was startling enough to make her forget about the rest for a few moments.

"You always know just what to say don't you?" she said shaking her head as she wiped away tears of laughter.

"As for the Queen....well, there really isn't any solution that she's going to take well. That sled has already departed. We'll just have to navigate through all of this the best we can. I'm not willing to give up now."

"Making you laugh is just one of many job descriptions boyfriend has, M'lady." He says with a silly bow

"I think though, when she arrives, we should treat her with respect and be nice.
It's easier to catch a mole with grubs than poison, they say. Maybe she'll be taken a-back enough to keep her off kilter a bit. At the very least it could be fun to watch."

She nodded. "It's always wise to treat her with respect."

"I think the best thing might be to convince her that the clone is me. That in order to save yourselves this was done so I would be biddable. If she doesn't know I'm still here she won't be looking for me."


"No pressure or anything... Hope I can do this."

Using a fallen tree as support, Oniero focuses on another as the forest spirit creates another crack in the gem. Snarling, the tiger slams into the spirit and starts dragiing it's claws across it's form.

Claw:1d20 + 27 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 27 + 2 = 48
Damage:1d6 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
Claw:1d20 + 27 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 27 + 2 = 43
Damage:1d6 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
Bite:1d20 + 27 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 27 + 2 = 46
Damage:1d8 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18


Female Half-elf Gestalt Sorcerer6/Dragon Disciple9 // Rogue (Swashbuckler)8/Duelist7

Sadie can feel Vai momentarily return the kiss, before she suddenly jerks away, panicking, as memories of her imprisonment flash through her mind. In her panic, before Sadie can even say anything, Vai flashes and is gone, teleported away.

Back in her room, Vai collapses onto her bed and sobs, cursing herself. Sadie isn't going to hurt you like he did. Why can't you get over that? Stupid stupid girl.


Image

The dweomercat's claws made shallow marks in the forest spirit's hide, but not as deep as would have been expected.


Image

Sadie blinked as she realized that she'd been apologizing to thin air.

"Now you've done it, Sadie," ]she muttered to herself. "You've screwed up everything. She'll probably never even want to talk to you again. Stupid, stupid Sadie."

She sat with her back against the wall, curled up into a ball and sobbed.


Image

In the morning there is a bouquet of flowers waiting outside Vai's door with a note attached.

Note:
Vai, I'm sorry. I'm an idiot. I don't blame you if you don't want to talk to me again. Just know that I am deeply sorry. I never meant to rush things with you. -Sadie.


::Everyone get down!:: Oniero sends through the spell link as he pulls Jeran down and a fallen tree-now covered in flames-soars through the air at the dweomercat, knocking it away from the forest spirit and exploding a few dozen yards away.


Male Human (Mole Zoanthrope) 16 Monk/Ninja

"So the plan is to present a clone to her first, then if that doesn't work do the DNA thing?"


Image
Ryuzo Kato wrote:
"So the plan is to present a clone to her first, then if that doesn't work do the DNA thing?"

She shook her head. "No, the clone is no good until after we do the DNA thing. It will switch the princess status from me to the clone. But once that happens the clone is as good as me as far as she's concerned, and as long as she doesn't know I'm still here, she won't be looking for me since she'll think she has me. Presuming she buys that story."


Image
Oneiro Mance wrote:
::Everyone get down!:: Oniero sends through the spell link as he pulls Jeran down and a fallen tree-now covered in flames-soars through the air at the dweomercat, knocking it away from the forest spirit and exploding a few dozen yards away.

The nature spirit howled in rage and in addition to the earthquake there was now a severe windstorm buffeting everything in the area with debris, quickly picking up speed and turning into a cyclone.


"I think I made it angry."


Image

"I think we should run...or teleport if either of you can manage it!" he yelled over the wind.


You still in the spirit, Ori?


Image

Ori is still in there, but it may take a while before she can regain control...the seals got knocked out for a bit and she's trying to gain control, but the spirit definitely has the upper hand right now.


"We can't leave! Professor Reading is still stuck in that thing!" Oniero yells back as he manages to stand up despite the wind.


Male Human (Mole Zoanthrope) 16 Monk/Ninja

"Hmm. Ok. I...uh...care about you alot, so it won't matter if you're changed abit, but I dunno that I like the idea of changing the core of your being without more of a fight, I guess. With what little we know about her visit seems like we're just giving up."


Image
Ryuzo Kato wrote:
"Hmm. Ok. I...uh...care about you alot, so it won't matter if you're changed abit, but I dunno that I like the idea of changing the core of your being without more of a fight, I guess. With what little we know about her visit seems like we're just giving up."

"Well, it's not like I'm happy about this either! But what else can I do? I don't know of any other way to transfer the title of Winter Princess. And if we can't do that then I'll never be able to be free," she said her lip quivering as she held back tears.


Image
Oneiro Mance wrote:
"We can't leave! Professor Reading is still stuck in that thing!" Oniero yells back as he manages to stand up despite the wind.

"That doesn't do us a lot of good if we get ourselves killed!: he yelled at Oneiro.


"Coward." A little voice whispers into Jeran's ear. "To afraid to save your teacher, to afraid to lead a pack..."


Oniero feels a shiver of fear and realization travel through his body even as his paper wings struggle to form again. The chances were good he was already dead in one world, what would happen if he was dead in two?

The last memory of his home seems to explode in front of him. Fire, screeching, a sickening crunch followed by a hollow thud and screaming. How could he help Ori if he would probably just die in the attempt?


Female Half-elf Gestalt Sorcerer6/Dragon Disciple9 // Rogue (Swashbuckler)8/Duelist7
Sadie Jhiwoon wrote:

In the morning there is a bouquet of flowers waiting outside Vai's door with a note attached.

** spoiler omitted **

Vai had cried herself to sleep, and awoke still in her dress. She should apologize to Sadie... it wasn't fair to leave her like that... But Vai didn't really feel like getting up. It would be hard to face Sadie after last night.

That's when Vai noticed the note from Ryleh on her bedside table. A meeting at 10? What tim... oh boy... 9:50. She was still in her bloodstained dress... that wouldn't do.


Image

Jeran swears under his breath and grabs onto Oneiro who is just standing there like an idiot and hauling him a few feet away behind a small embankment.

"Khassar!" he yelled. "Over here!"

He ignored the voice that was back. It was so far off the g$#+*#n mark it wasn't worth paying attention to at the moment. No mistake, he was terrified. But the professor would be bloody furious with him if he let anything happen to the others while she was trapped inside a monster. He was here to protect them after all.


M Advanced tengu 1/2 Black Dragon 16 Gestalt Alchemist/Witch

Khassar runs over. "Any ideas?"


Image

"Aside from not dying? Forget the dweomercat. How do we get the professor to snap out of it? Did she give either of you any instructions on what to do if she turned into a monster?"


M Advanced tengu 1/2 Black Dragon 16 Gestalt Alchemist/Witch

"Maybe we could still contact her through the telepathic link? Or perhaps send her back to the school? A third option is that maybe I can get her to focus solely on the dweorercat till it is defeated, which really only buys us time. Oniero, your the leader, what do you think?


Male Human (Mole Zoanthrope) 16 Monk/Ninja
Nala Zamarosok wrote:
Ryuzo Kato wrote:
"Hmm. Ok. I...uh...care about you alot, so it won't matter if you're changed abit, but I dunno that I like the idea of changing the core of your being without more of a fight, I guess. With what little we know about her visit seems like we're just giving up."
"Well, it's not like I'm happy about this either! But what else can I do? I don't know of any other way to transfer the title of Winter Princess. And if we can't do that then I'll never be able to be free," she said her lip quivering as she held back tears.

"Sorry, Nala. I know this is hard. We'll get through it." he gives her a reassuring squeeze on the shoulder, not wanting to freak her out any further with an actual hug.


Image
Ryuzo Kato wrote:
Nala Zamarosok wrote:
Ryuzo Kato wrote:
"Hmm. Ok. I...uh...care about you alot, so it won't matter if you're changed abit, but I dunno that I like the idea of changing the core of your being without more of a fight, I guess. With what little we know about her visit seems like we're just giving up."
"Well, it's not like I'm happy about this either! But what else can I do? I don't know of any other way to transfer the title of Winter Princess. And if we can't do that then I'll never be able to be free," she said her lip quivering as she held back tears.
"Sorry, Nala. I know this is hard. We'll get through it." he gives her a reassuring squeeze on the shoulder, not wanting to freak her out any further with an actual hug.

"Well, at least rearranging my DNA is less drastic than the other option. I'd have to be dead...all the way dead not mostly dead....for at least several minutes for the powers to transfer. I don't know about you, but that seems awfully risky to me."


Image

After waking up feeling like she was going to die, and being told at the infirmary that all she had was a hangover, she felt like an idiot for not realizing the night before that the punch had alcohol in it. After getting a hangover cure at the cafeteria and leaving a peace offering for Vai, she went to the light blades classroom to practice. It was the only way she knew how to express all of the frustration she was feeling.


Khassar Blackadder wrote:
"Oniero, your the leader, what do you think?

The paper mage is still for a severely long moment before he blinks and comes back from whatever he was experiencing.

"Go kill the cat. Jeran, you don't have to get close or anything, but I need you to keep that forest spirit occupied. I've got an idea."


Image

"I have a bad feeling about this." He sighed. "Okay, I'll do what I can."

Jeran made a dash for it as a wolf then shifted and picked up a fallen tree which he then pitched at the forest spirit, timing it just so that the winds would help it reach its target.


"I've got bad feelings making me do this..." Oniero mumbles as he takes to the sky, glad that so many trees had already fallen. Even with his card helping, flying was difficult. But he had to try this, he had to! A small square of paper is taken from his jacket and folds into a tiny fan, which he throws straight do to lodge itself in the ground before moving through the winds again. Next to be thrown as he circles the spirit is a tiny paper lantern, a paper tree, and a paper boat. Finally, he lands just outside the ring of paper miniatures he's created and holds up a card to the forest spirit.

"Since you cannot control yourself, I call upon the shackles of the earth to bind you, the locks of water to imprison you, the grasping arms of fire to encircle you, and the howling wind's breath to leave you immobile! Through the power of the elements you are tied to and my own will, be bound once more!"

Light jumps from the four anchors of the circle to wrap around the forest spirit...

There are plenty of reasons this might not work, like the fact he's never done this before. Still, it might give Ori a better chance at regaining control if the spirit is distracted by thrown trees and a strange spell.


Male Human (Mole Zoanthrope) 16 Monk/Ninja
Nala Zamarosok wrote:


"Well, at least rearranging my DNA is less drastic than the other option. I'd have to be dead...all the way dead not mostly dead....for at least several minutes for the powers to transfer. I don't know about you, but that seems awfully risky to me."

"Yeah. I'm trying to think of ways to mask you from your mother using my champion abilities...some kind of deep stasis maybe? I dunno. I feel a little helpless...I'm supposed to protect you!"


Image

The forest spirit stopped dead in its tracks as if it were struggling against bindings. It was starting to become more insubstantial. Ori's outline can be seen inside it.

16,401 to 16,450 of 64,924 << first < prev | 324 | 325 | 326 | 327 | 328 | 329 | 330 | 331 | 332 | 333 | 334 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tales of Agartha: the Avalon Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.