Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

The Avalon Chronicles

Game Master lynora

This is a high level rules light game set in a school for magical kids, kinda a mash-up of Soul Eater, Harry Potter, and X-Men. :)


15,651 to 15,700 of 68,839 << first < prev | 309 | 310 | 311 | 312 | 313 | 314 | 315 | 316 | 317 | 318 | 319 | next > last >>

Male Elf Bard 14/Sorcerer (Maestro) 14
Wyrd the Elemental wrote:

Looking speculatively at the ceiling, Wyrd carefully stands and moves the heavy chair out of the way. Then he takes the empty chair next to him and also moves it out of the way. Then he steps into the open space behind the last row of chairs and glances at anyone who is close to him.

Please stand back, he says with a shooing motion of his hand.

Closing his eyes, he lets his concentration slip and his true form flows back over him in a contained river of lava. When he opens his eyes again he is crouched slightly in the large room, and he carefully steps back into the large space that he cleared in the row of chairs, and carefully sits on the floor folding his legs under himself.

Glancing over at Ehos, Wyrd's head is a bit above Ehos' head even sitting on the ground, Wyrd says with a smile, A little better this way I think. Now I don't have to worry about my concentration slipping.

Ehos' stands back at Wyrd's request, helping him move chairs. Ehos is truly shocked at Wyrd's growth - the cafeteria had seemed like an isolated incident to him, but now he understands that this is Wyrd's true form. Despite the scarf over his mouth, a twinkle in Ehos' eyes tells Wyrd that he's smiling. At least there was no worrying about another accident now. The thought of an accident causes Ehos' smile to flit away rather quickly, replaced by a somber expression. He tightens the scarf and settles in to watch the show.


Female Elf Gestalt Sorcerer (Starsoul) 16/Oracle (Heavens) 16

Well, this certainly wasn't what Tyrrin had expected. From a school of gifted children, she had expected... well, frankly, displays of magic. This was just the first two acts though...


Image
Oneiro Mance wrote:
"I'm starting to hate jungles." Oniero says as he cuts the burned pieces of his paper off and puts the salvageable pieces back in his pocket. "Caster killing cats and giant lizard trees are not what I expected."

"Add in frizzy hair, insect bites in spite of some quite pungent repellant, and incidentally I think you're standing in a patch of poison ivy, and this would be why I prefer my adventures to happen in the great indoors if it's all the same....Now, since the vegetation has decided to start attempting to murder us I suggest that we stay moving and also that we are most probably on the right track after all."


Image
Vai Sunwake wrote:
Vai tries to focus on the performances, but something in the back of her mind won't let her concentrate. That look that Ghalen had given her when he found out she was a dragon. It wasn't friendly, despite his politeness afterward. It was like a hunter who had found his prey. She shuddered, and whispered to Fieri, keeping her voice very low. "Did you see the way Ghalen looked at me when he found out?"

Feiri glanced over at Ghalen and whispered back."Well, you can think of it as practice. You're all going to be getting a lot of looks and potentially worse after next week...He's just one guy and he's got just as much reason to worry about next week as you do....Actually I think he's reading too much into [i]what you are. He might think you're actually on his side. Don't worry, sis. We got your back."


"Okay....ummmmm, that was actually kinda cool," Jorge said as the jugglers left the stage. "So...ummmm....up next we have....uhhh.....Anthony Dacomeela? Seriously, guys, who wrote these cards? Nobody could read this....Uhhhhh....anyways....here."


Male Human Gestalt Inquisitor/Dragon Knight 16

Whether this works or not I leave to you...
Perception check
1d20 + 27 ⇒ (15) + 27 = 42

Cheliax

No one new walks on stage, but the jugglers start juggling again with what looks like a bunch of targets. This time there seems to be no routine or even rhythm, just random throwing.

Miss Chance 20%:1d100 ⇒ 23 Woo, close call.

From the back of the room, over the crowd, whistling sounds can be heard. Half a moment later and the first target is knocked from the air. Then another, and another. Once the first targets hit stop moving, people can see arrows sticking out of them, and if they look back they can see Anthony dressed in his white school uniform, shooting the arrows from a plain bow. The last one he shoots hits the target in such a way that it spins on it's edge until it stops, still upright, on the stage.

Anthony bows, and looks a little proud of the fact that last target stayed standing.


Ghalen Kiln wrote:

Whether this works or not I leave to you...

Perception check
1d20+27

You can pretty much hear the majority of the conversation.


Tyrrin Denulia wrote:
Well, this certainly wasn't what Tyrrin had expected. From a school of gifted children, she had expected... well, frankly, displays of magic. This was just the first two acts though...

Everyone hear has some power or ability unlike anyone else, so why show off what people already know you can do? Do try to think outside the box, Miss Denulia. :)


There is a decent amount of polite applause as a few people figure out what's going on with this performance.

The performance was good, but he didn't exactly have a lot of showmanship. If he were to do more now that people know what's going on he'd get more of a reaction.


Ori Reading wrote:
"Add in frizzy hair, insect bites in spite of some quite pungent repellant, and incidentally I think you're standing in a patch of poison ivy, and this would be why I prefer my adventures to happen in the great indoors if it's all the same....Now, since the vegetation has decided to start attempting to murder us I suggest that we stay moving and also that we are most probably on the right track after all."

"I don't think this particular vegetation came upon us by accident. I think that dweomercat angered it and lead it towards us. My doubts about being on the wrong path have diminished quite a bit."


Image

"Whatever path we're on we should be moving along on it," Jeran said, sniffing the air and looking around for enemies.

Cheliax

narrator wrote:

There is a decent amount of polite applause as a few people figure out what's going on with this performance.

The performance was good, but he didn't exactly have a lot of showmanship. If he were to do more now that people know what's going on he'd get more of a reaction.

He did say he'd light things up.

Once the targets were cleared away and the jugglers left the stage, thin pieces of rope with multicolored glass lower from the rigging of the stage. Shouldering his bow, Anthony takes a deep breath... and the lights go out. After the initial panic a few have fades, a pale streak of light shoots towards the stage where it seems to explode in a burst of green. The next burst is blue, and the one after that is purple. After a few more bursts of light explode and fade, a very large stream of light flies toward the stage and explodes in a huge wave of color that seems to get bigger as it spreads across the stage. The lights come back on after cascade of color fades and Anthony looks just a little tired.

Each stream of light illuminated him for a second, so people checking would see they were coming from him. I think Vai in particular might enjoy this part. Gotta love prisms!

This was to show off his aim by the way.


Anthony gets very enthusiastic applause for the light show portion of his performance.


Male Half-Elf

"Wow." Michael thinks as he blinks to clear the spots from his eyes. "My little brother wasn't just making a pun!"


Male Human Gestalt Inquisitor/Dragon Knight 16

Ghalen doesn't look at Fieri or Vai, but he does have a wee smirk going on. As Anthony does his light show it's replaced by a look of amazement he claps with the others.


Jeran Darkclaw wrote:
"Whatever path we're on we should be moving along on it," Jeran said, sniffing the air and looking around for enemies.

"Agreed." Oneiro replies as a roll of paper floats out of his pack. He checks the map and looks over it again, looking for their position on the river.

Jeran:
YOu smell something sweet on the air, and notice that the scent can't quite cover the scent of carrion. It seems to be coming from across the river, along the path the group was going to take before the woodling attacked.


Male Kobold (Young Adult Black dragon) Gestalt Sorceror/Oracle 16 Necromancer; Champion of Death

Is preoccupied during the lightshow, wondering if he can make juggling zombies...


Image

"Wait," Jeran barks. "Up ahead, there's a smell of rotting meat. And something sweet over that...Maybe some kind of flower. We should be extra careful."


Male Human (Mole Zoanthrope) 16 Monk/Ninja

Ryuzo watches with interest, but keeps an eye out for anyone seeking to humilate or ruin Nala's fun...and for signs of trouble in general. He silently dispatches a clone to watch the doors and one to go backstage to keep more eyes on things.


Oneiro Mance wrote:
Jeran Darkclaw wrote:
"Whatever path we're on we should be moving along on it," Jeran said, sniffing the air and looking around for enemies.

"Agreed." Oneiro replies as a roll of paper floats out of his pack. He checks the map and looks over it again, looking for their position on the river.

** spoiler omitted **

Your attempt at silence is foiled when the roll of paper starts singing a loud song about how it is indeed a map.

reference


Narrator! wrote:
Oneiro Mance wrote:
Jeran Darkclaw wrote:
"Whatever path we're on we should be moving along on it," Jeran said, sniffing the air and looking around for enemies.

"Agreed." Oneiro replies as a roll of paper floats out of his pack. He checks the map and looks over it again, looking for their position on the river.

** spoiler omitted **

Your attempt at silence is foiled when the roll of paper starts singing a loud song about how it is indeed a map.

I would have to presume at this point that the backpack is also musically inclined? :P


narrator wrote:
Narrator! wrote:
Oneiro Mance wrote:
Jeran Darkclaw wrote:
"Whatever path we're on we should be moving along on it," Jeran said, sniffing the air and looking around for enemies.

"Agreed." Oneiro replies as a roll of paper floats out of his pack. He checks the map and looks over it again, looking for their position on the river.

** spoiler omitted **

Your attempt at silence is foiled when the roll of paper starts singing a loud song about how it is indeed a map.
I would have to presume at this point that the backpack is also musically inclined? :P

Obnoxiously so, yes. Or, Si.


And then we have to tell Keme that he can't steal! :P


Image

Awww, man.

;P

Cheliax

My act is done.


Jorge gets pushed back on stage after totally forgetting he was supposed to be announcing acts.

"Ummmm.....okay, so that was cool....ummmm....up next we have....ummmmm....ummmmm....." Quickly turns card right side up.

"Up next is Sadie Jhiwoon doing....I dunno what this says, but it probably involves a sword in some way shape or form cause....well..duh."


image

Sadie climbs up onto the stage. She's holding a sabre with ribbons tied to the pommel and dressed in an outfit made of colorful scarves.

"This is a traditional sabre dance," she said loudly.

The music was lively and Sadie moved through the dance with well-practiced moves.

Perform:Weapon Display: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (18) + 18 = 36

In spite of her nerves it's an impressive performance as years of practice make the dance second nature for her.


"Okay, well, I'm relieved that that performance went well, cause I'd be scared to comment on it if it didn't on account of the fact that she's holding a weapon," Jorge joked.

Cheliax

"So was I!' Anthony calls out from his seat, joking as well.


"And you got lots of applause too, didn't you? See folks, there you have it, the secret of success in this competition," Jorge quipped.


"Everyone get your pointy bits of metal!" A girl shouts, getting a few laughs throughout the crowd.


M Advanced tengu 1/2 Black Dragon 16 Gestalt Alchemist/Witch
Jeran Darkclaw wrote:
"Wait," Jeran barks. "Up ahead, there's a smell of rotting meat. And something sweet over that...Maybe some kind of flower. We should be extra careful."

"Do you think it could be some type of bait to lure the lizard creature this way?"


Image

"Well, that's possible, but it's not quite in the right spot for that I don't think....just keep an eye out for things like killer vegetation," he said, looking around warily.


"Well, if the rehearsal I saw backstage was any indication, the next performer has lots of sharp bit of metal," Jorge joked, starting to actually get into this MC thing now. "Up next we have Kitty Tanaka doing a cooking demonstration."


Image (doesn't have wings)

Being surprisingly helpful for them, Rintol and Borin carried a cart onto the stage with a small griddle on top, already sizzling.

Kitty stepped onto the stage with small mincing steps so she didn't trip over her geta. Her yukata was pale green with a cherry-blossom pattern and a dark green obi. Her hair was pulled up and pinned in place with fancy hairpins that looked like flowers. Saffire was sitting on the top of her head clinging to one of her hairpins for balance. She smiled and bowed politely to the audience before picking up her knives and beginning the demonstration. The knives moved quickly as she sometimes tossed them up and twirled them in between cuts. She set a tower of onion slices on fire and then when it was time to cook the meat would toss up a piece to get fried by Saffire's lightning. When the omurice was finished she put it into small cups and summoned a moose to carry the tray of cups out into the audience and some squirrels to distribute the sample cups to everyone. She bowed again before signaling to Borin and Rintol to come and carry the cart off the stage again.


"AWESOME!" Michael and Anthony yell out.


Image (doesn't have wings)

Profession cooking: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (9) + 18 = 27

There was a decent amount of applause for showmanship, especially when Saffire breathed lightning. Overall, most people agreed that it was a very tasty dish in spite of the slight aftertaste of ozone.


Jeran Darkclaw wrote:
"Well, that's possible, but it's not quite in the right spot for that I don't think....just keep an eye out for things like killer vegetation," he said, looking around warily.

"So just about anything, if this encounter is any indication."

Oneiro kneels next to the river and remove a small paper cube from his pocket. It quickly unfolds into an otter, which seems ecstatic to be near water. Oniero gestures to the river and says something to the paper creature. With seemingly boundless joy, the paper otter slides into the water without hesitation.

"I asked Slick to check out how deep the water is, and for anything that might try and get us as we cross." Oneiro explains as he stands back up. About a minute later the otter comes out of the river and looks at Oniero, who nods and kneels to pick Slick up. "He says the river isn't deep right here. We can walk across safely."


"Alright, that was pretty awesome...and tasty," Jorge said as he came back on stage. "Up next we have ...." he tilted his head, trying to decipher the writing. "Up next...I think this says something about ....handbells?"

The student who came on stage nodded as he set up a table of bells.

"I'm going to summon an octopus to play the handbells....ummm....I need to set up the tank first, this could take a minute."

Jorge looked a little nonplussed. "Okay, well, as talents go that's....different."


Image

"Wonderful. Handy creature that Slick," she said with a smile, moving to cross the river and then thinking better of it. "The water might not be deep, but are you sure those fish aren't looking at us like we're dinner? There's suddenly an awful lot of them present in this small area."


"He's made of wax paper so he can swim. Anyway, he didn't mention any predators, but otters eat fish, and jungle otters can take on a school of piranha no problem, so he probably doesn't consider fish a threat. We could probably distract them if we can push this big plant creature into the river. It's bleeding red after all."


Image

She nodded. "Sounds like a plan. If we all work together..."

Her train of thought was interrupted by Jeran picking up the dead creature and tossing it onto the river.

"Or Mr. Darkclaw can do it all by himself."


Image

"Hurry, that won't keep them occupied for long."


Oneiro says something to the paper otter before tossing him into the river and wading in himself, paper spear in hand just in case.

Slick was told to keep away any that didn't go to eat the creature(which was a giant woodling behir), but he's just one otter.


Image

Jeran waits for the others to cross first.


Image

Ori crosses the river as quickly as she possibly can.


Well, Khasser can fly, so unless you want fishies nibbling at our toes...

Once everyone is across, Slick comes ashore and folds back up into a cube for Oneiro.

"If it weren't for my spell from earlier, I think that would have been rather refreshing."


Image

"Well, at least we didn't get eaten," she said, panting. "You know, it occurs to me that I probably need to get out and exercise more. Too much time in the library and all that."

She quickly scrambles out of the way to make enough space for Jeran to land as he leaps over the river.

"Right. Because for some reason I thought teaching was going to be a nice quiet job. Not like being a bartender at all...."

"Okay, let's keep going. I'd just as soon find this thing before dark if it's at all possible."


Dodging handbells being thrown by an enraged octopus Jorge returns to the stage.

"Hey, guys, a little help out here?" he yells as the front rows empty as students run away from the berserk sea creature.

After a teacher steps in with a helpful Dispel Magic to dismiss the octopus, things start to get back to normal.

"Okay, well that could have gone better. It'll just take a minute to get the stage cleaned up and while they're doing that those of you in the front rows can return to your seats. And when that's done Borin and Rintol are going to have a board and brick breaking contest....don't worry we already have a teacher on hand to cast wall of force so no projectiles go flying into the audience this time."

15,651 to 15,700 of 68,839 << first < prev | 309 | 310 | 311 | 312 | 313 | 314 | 315 | 316 | 317 | 318 | 319 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tales of Agartha: the Avalon Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.