Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

The Avalon Chronicles

Game Master lynora

This is a high level rules light game set in a school for magical kids, kinda a mash-up of Soul Eater, Harry Potter, and X-Men. :)


15,601 to 15,650 of 64,608 << first < prev | 308 | 309 | 310 | 311 | 312 | 313 | 314 | 315 | 316 | 317 | 318 | next > last >>

Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6

"Oh. Yeah. Um, hi. I'm Ephebe, and this my mate, Krays," she said, indicating the kobold. "I think I heard your name was Ghalen? Did I get that right?"


Male Human Gestalt Inquisitor/Dragon Knight 16

"Not enemies, per se. Just on opposite sides of a coin."

"Yes I'm Ghalen, and I am an Imperial Inquisitor."


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6

"An interesting way of looking at things," she said, looking at Ghalen oddly.

One of the lights overhead started to flicker. She sighed. Her eyes went purple-black as she manifested a flame chakram and threw it at the light fixture. A small oily black demon? devil? thing? fell from the ceiling and groveled. She glared at it. It scampered off.


Female Half-elf Gestalt Sorcerer6/Dragon Disciple9 // Rogue (Swashbuckler)8/Duelist7
Jiminy, Prankster of the Future wrote:
"Oh, he's actually a red working for the Empire...no, don't worry! First off, no way we're letting any of those guys get a hold of you again, and secondly, he doesn't work for that branch anyways. Play nice, all of you. Just because we're enemies doesn't mean we can't get along." :D

Vai goes sheet white when James first starts speaking, saying that Ghalen is a dragon from the Empire. The only thing that stopped her from panicking outright was what he said next. She spends some time calming herself down, trying to force a smile for her family.

Bluff: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18


Image

"Geez, you really are an idiot sometimes, James," Fieri said, exasperated. "Come on, Vai, you can sit next to me. And you know it's okay. You don't have to fake being okay. It's alright to let us know when you feel scared or upset. We're not going to think less of you for it."


Male Earth Elemental (Type Unknown) Unknown

Wyrd sits quietly in the massive chair, trying not to move too much and repeat the fiasco in the cafeteria. The noise level in the room was making it hard for him to concentrate on staying small.

How high is the ceiling in the room where the talent show is being held?


Female Half-elf Gestalt Sorcerer6/Dragon Disciple9 // Rogue (Swashbuckler)8/Duelist7

Vai takes a seat next to Fieri, breathing out. Some colour had returned to her face now. She speaks low so the others don't hear. "It's okay, Fi. I know you guys won't think less of me. I can't help but feeling afraid, even though I know you won't let them take me. But it's more than that. Ghalen has never done a thing to me. I can't let the fact that a different dragon from the Empire did something to me... colour (pun intended) my view of him. That's why I didn't say anything."


Wyrd the Elemental wrote:

Wyrd sits quietly in the massive chair, trying not to move too much and repeat the fiasco in the cafeteria. The noise level in the room was making it hard for him to concentrate on staying small.

How high is the ceiling in the room where the talent show is being held?

The ceiling is quite tall. If Wyrd were full sized he might have some troubles with his head bumping into the spotlights for the stage, but he'd definitely still fit inside here.


Image

Fieri gave Vai a little hug. "Well, you tell me if you need any extra moral support, 'kay?"

"Hey, Pheebs, you should go check in with Miss Jones so she knows you're here and doesn't think you skipped out on the performance."


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6

"Oh, geez. I forgot. I didn't even find out I was supposed to be performing until this afternoon. And I'm not even allowed to do anything complicated. It's supposed to be my last performance for a while since it isn't safe to keep practicing ballet now. Actually, I also found out this afternoon that I got dropped from most of my classes for the same reason. But it's alright. I found something else to occupy my time....I'll tell you all about it later," she said before heading off to go check in.


Male Human Gestalt Inquisitor/Dragon Knight 16

"He keeps calling me 'Red', but I assure you, I am not a dragon. Not even close. If that helps you with your unease, Vai."
He'll take a seat next to Jiminy.
"You must be a reknowned trouble maker for people to jsut accept this stuff." he says to Jiminy.


Female Half-elf Gestalt Sorcerer6/Dragon Disciple9 // Rogue (Swashbuckler)8/Duelist7

"You did quite a bit already this afternoon." Vai says, smiling a real smile again as she hugged her sister back. "Guys keep staring at me though. It's weird."


Male Kobold (Young Adult Black dragon) Gestalt Sorceror/Oracle 16 Necromancer; Champion of Death

"Break a leg! Err...figuratively!" He facepalms himself..
He looks over at Ghalen.
"I would be interested to learn more about your Empire, for scholastic reasons. Things, however unpleseant, must be taught to the people here."


Male Unknown 16 Invulnerable Rager/ 16 Hex Crafter Magus

Enre enters the auditorium, not wearing his normal cloak and mask but his more causal clothing. He finds a sit, waiting for the show to start.


Female Half-elf Gestalt Sorcerer6/Dragon Disciple9 // Rogue (Swashbuckler)8/Duelist7
Ghalen Kiln wrote:

"He keeps calling me 'Red', but I assure you, I am not a dragon. Not even close. If that helps you with your unease, Vai."

He'll take a seat next to Jiminy.
"You must be a reknowned trouble maker for people to jsut accept this stuff." he says to Jiminy.

"As long as you don't start calling me 'Blue' I think we'll be okay, Ghalen." Vai replies, then suddenly realizes what she said. Too late to do anything about it now.


"Um. I believe Jiminy has something in mind for that already. Perhaps after the show we can discuss it?" Says Ghalen.

"Of course. A later time then." replies Krays.


Male Human Gestalt Inquisitor/Dragon Knight 16

Ghalen's eyes narrow for a slight second at Vai's choice of words. Then he smiles, like how a cat smiles at a mouse.
"Interesting. You were correct Jiminy. Things are not what they seem."

"I would not refer to you as such, Vai. Dragons typicly find it rude to be called by their color, as most sentients do."


Image

"Well, James is kinda famous for causing trouble, yeah," Fieri agreed. "We're all used to it by now."


Image

Jiminy shrugged. "Yep, I'm good at trouble and rudeness."

"But since everybody knows where they stand, nobody has to feel later like they were betrayed. I'd rather have open disagreements any day."


Male Earth Elemental (Type Unknown) Unknown

Looking speculatively at the ceiling, Wyrd carefully stands and moves the heavy chair out of the way. Then he takes the empty chair next to him and also moves it out of the way. Then he steps into the open space behind the last row of chairs and glances at anyone who is close to him.

Please stand back, he says with a shooing motion of his hand.

Closing his eyes, he lets his concentration slip and his true form flows back over him in a contained river of lava. When he opens his eyes again he is crouched slightly in the large room, and he carefully steps back into the large space that he cleared in the row of chairs, and carefully sits on the floor folding his legs under himself.

Glancing over at Ehos, Wyrd's head is a bit above Ehos' head even sitting on the ground, Wyrd says with a smile, A little better this way I think. Now I don't have to worry about my concentration slipping.


Male Human (Mole Zoanthrope) 16 Monk/Ninja

Having returned her fox to her, Ryuzo now stands outside Nala's room while she gets ready for the talent show.


Male Human Gestalt Inquisitor/Dragon Knight 16
Jiminy, Prankster of the Future wrote:

Jiminy shrugged. "Yep, I'm good at trouble and rudeness."

"But since everybody knows where they stand, nobody has to feel later like they were betrayed. I'd rather have open disagreements any day."

"I agree. Best to just keep things honest an see what happens. Unfortunately when betrayal comes, it still stings no matter the sentiment behind it or the person doing it. "


Image
Ryuzo Kato wrote:
Having returned her fox to her, Ryuzo now stands outside Nala's room while she gets ready for the talent show.

Once she finishes getting ready, Nala comes out with Vasya draped across her shoulders. She's wearing another casual dress, this one in white. She smiles at him. "All set. Let's go, while there are still some good seats left."


Image
Ghalen Kiln wrote:
Jiminy, Prankster of the Future wrote:

Jiminy shrugged. "Yep, I'm good at trouble and rudeness."

"But since everybody knows where they stand, nobody has to feel later like they were betrayed. I'd rather have open disagreements any day."

"I agree. Best to just keep things honest an see what happens. Unfortunately when betrayal comes, it still stings no matter the sentiment behind it or the person doing it. "

Jiminy grimaced and looked away. "It hurts a lot more when the person doing it is someone close."

Fieri put a hand on his and squeezed his hand in an attempt to be reassuring. Jiminy put on a smile.

"Whatever. That's not important tonight. Tonight is just for having a good time with our fellow students."


Male Human (Mole Zoanthrope) 16 Monk/Ninja

"You look beautiful!."
He offers her his arm.
"I think I can arrange good seats..."

Two of his clones are occupying a couple of good seats already.


Image

She smiled when she saw the clones saving their seats.

"That ability has so many handy uses. Ah, it's nice to have a little while away from the books too. The words were starting to swim in front of my eyes."


Male Human Gestalt Inquisitor/Dragon Knight 16

Obviously hitting a nerve, Ghalen lets it go, and just sits quietly waiting for the show to begin.


Male Human (Mole Zoanthrope) 16 Monk/Ninja

"Yeah, I imagine so. Let's see what talent Avalon has for us tonight."


Male Kobold Expert 6/Rogue 4/Fighter 3

Vakkler arrives, slightly late. Huffing, the little kobold assumes his position by the entrance, and begins scowling at all within range.


Warforged Engineer Alchemist 16/Armiger 16 Champion of Creation

Sorry, I've been over at a friend's house for the past week or so, and I haven't had much time to post.

Jim finally arrives, even later than Vakkler.

Do you think I could get in there? I'd intended to be here earlier, but I lost track of time while working.


M Advanced tengu 1/2 Black Dragon 16 Gestalt Alchemist/Witch

Khassar throws 3 bombs and designates the spaces that Jeran, Ori, and Oneiro are in won't be hit using precise bomb discovery.

Throw: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (2) + 20 = 22
Throw: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 32
Throw: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

Damage (fire): 8d6 + 5 ⇒ (3, 4, 5, 1, 2, 5, 5, 4) + 5 = 34
Damage (fire): 8d6 + 5 ⇒ (1, 3, 4, 1, 3, 3, 3, 1) + 5 = 24
Damage (fire): 8d6 + 5 ⇒ (2, 3, 3, 2, 1, 1, 2, 3) + 5 = 22


M Advanced Axiomite Gestalt 16 Inquisiter/Swashbuckler(ToS)

Velvarmisan has checked in with Miss Jones and is tuning up on his sax backstage.


No worries, Jim. The game is set up to allow for absences.:)

Rintol and Borin were checking in with Miss Jones. They seemed to be carrying a lot of heavy boards and bricks.

Cheliax

Kitty Tanaka wrote:

"Thanks, so much. That would be really helpful. It's hard to deal with the shoes, the yukata, and the bag. Can you tell if my bow is on crooked? I really tried to get it straight, but it's so hard to see."

She said as she continued to hurry towards him at the mincing gait that was the best she could manage dressed like she was. Saffire was clinging to her hair ornament so as not to fall off as she went.

"Looks fine to me! Unless you're going to spin around though, does it matter? You're probably the only one here who could tell anyway!" Anthony tells her as they manage to make it with a few minutes to spare. "Michael's going to love the... dress thing."


Huge burns cover the creature, causing it to roar in pure agony as bark-like scales turn to ash. It's struggles to throw Jeran off it's back increase as it writhes.

CMB to break the Grapple:1d20 + 20 ⇒ (11) + 20 = 31


Image (doesn't have wings)
Anthony Dacamara wrote:
Kitty Tanaka wrote:

"Thanks, so much. That would be really helpful. It's hard to deal with the shoes, the yukata, and the bag. Can you tell if my bow is on crooked? I really tried to get it straight, but it's so hard to see."

She said as she continued to hurry towards him at the mincing gait that was the best she could manage dressed like she was. Saffire was clinging to her hair ornament so as not to fall off as she went.

"Looks fine to me! Unless you're going to spin around though, does it matter? You're probably the only one here who could tell anyway!" Anthony tells her as they manage to make it with a few minutes to spare. "Michael's going to love the... dress thing."

"Oh, I hope so. Hi, Miss Jones, we're here and ready to go...well, actually I need a few minutes to get my stuff set up, but mostly ready to go," she said with a cheerful smile. "Hey, Anthony-kun, can you see Michael anywhere?" she asked scanning the crowd. "I don't want him to miss this."


Image
Agarthian Storyteller wrote:

Huge burns cover the creature, causing it to roar in pure agony as bark-like scales turn to ash. It's struggles to throw Jeran off it's back increase as it writhes.

CMB to break the Grapple:1d20+20

Jeran hangs on tightly, grabbing onto its neck to make it almost impossible for it to aim its breath weapon at the others.

Cheliax

Kitty Tanaka wrote:
"Oh, I hope so. Hi, Miss Jones, we're here and ready to go...well, actually I need a few minutes to get my stuff set up, but mostly ready to go," she said with a cheerful smile. "Hey, Anthony-kun, can you see Michael anywhere?" she asked scanning the crowd. "I don't want him to miss this."

"I'm ready to go whenever, Miss Jones, I just need to go after the jugglers so they can toss the targets around."

Anthony peeks through the curtain and scans the crowd for a moment before spotting Michael slipping in through a wall.

"He's over there. Looks like he got here late."


His spell finishes as the paper in his hand ignites and, holding the papers up, Oneiro breathes a cone of flame at the creature's underside, adding more blackened scales and ash to the jungle floor.

Pretty sure if Jeran bit it right now it would go unconscious, if not die.


Image

Can't hang on and shift to bite it....


Image

Ori quickly folds paper into a sword which floats out and attacks the creature.

Mage's Sword attack: 1d20 + 26 ⇒ (7) + 26 = 33
Damage: 4d6 + 3 ⇒ (3, 3, 6, 5) + 3 = 20


Male Kobold Expert 6/Rogue 4/Fighter 3
"Jim" Rivets wrote:

Sorry, I've been over at a friend's house for the past week or so, and I haven't had much time to post.

Jim finally arrives, even later than Vakkler.

Do you think I could get in there? I'd intended to be here earlier, but I lost track of time while working.

Vakkler nods. "Very well. Try and manage your time more carefully next time."


The lights started to dim and there was some painful reverb on the mic as Jorge stepped to the stage to introduce the first act. He'd tried to sneak away, but Miss Jones had drafted him into being the emcee for the evening. This was so embarrassing.

"Ummmm....hi, everyone. Ummm....if you could all sit down and shut up...errr, please. The first act is....ummmm.....Seriously? I can't even pronounce this guy's name....whatever. V. Shephord on saxophone."


M Advanced Axiomite Gestalt 16 Inquisiter/Swashbuckler(ToS)

Velvarmisan plays House of the Rising Sun and The Pink Panther.

Perform (sax) 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 27


M Advanced tengu 1/2 Black Dragon 16 Gestalt Alchemist/Witch

Khassar throws 3 more bombs at the woodling and again designates the spaces that Jeran, Ori, and Oneiro are in won't be hit using precise bomb discovery.

Throw: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (10) + 20 = 30
Throw: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (9) + 15 = 24
Throw: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

Damage (fire): 8d6 + 5 ⇒ (2, 4, 4, 1, 2, 4, 4, 5) + 5 = 31
Damage (fire): 8d6 + 5 ⇒ (4, 5, 4, 6, 2, 3, 5, 6) + 5 = 40
Damage (fire): 8d6 + 5 ⇒ (4, 1, 3, 3, 3, 3, 5, 1) + 5 = 28


Velvarmisan Shephord wrote:

Velvarmisan plays House of the Rising Sun and The Pink Panther.

Perform (sax) 1d20 + 15

Pan stood up and cheered when he was done, giving him a thumbs up sign from the audience. He got a good amount of applause from the rest of the students as well.

Jorge stepped up to the mic again.

"Ummm....alright...next we have ummmm.......uh....I dunno folks...these cards have really bad handwriting...some folks juggling...I think...."


A dwarf and a gnome come onto stage after Jorge leaves. They start juggling in the middle of the stage, separately at first and slowly starting to juggle back and forth as they walk farther and farther apart. The start with a set of simple rubber balls before adding in bowling pins, knives, lit torches, and dinner plates to their juggling routine.

Sleight of Hand:1d20 + 15 ⇒ (18) + 15 = 33


Between Ori's sword and Khasser's bomb, the creature has no chance of survival and collapses with about half the force of a small earthquake.


"I'm starting to hate jungles." Oniero says as he cuts the burned pieces of his paper off and puts the salvageable pieces back in his pocket. "Caster killing cats and giant lizard trees are not what I expected."


Female Half-elf Gestalt Sorcerer6/Dragon Disciple9 // Rogue (Swashbuckler)8/Duelist7

Vai tries to focus on the performances, but something in the back of her mind won't let her concentrate. That look that Ghalen had given her when he found out she was a dragon. It wasn't friendly, despite his politeness afterward. It was like a hunter who had found his prey. She shuddered, and whispered to Fieri, keeping her voice very low. "Did you see the way Ghalen looked at me when he found out?"

15,601 to 15,650 of 64,608 << first < prev | 308 | 309 | 310 | 311 | 312 | 313 | 314 | 315 | 316 | 317 | 318 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tales of Agartha: the Avalon Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.