Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

The Avalon Chronicles

Game Master lynora

This is a high level rules light game set in a school for magical kids, kinda a mash-up of Soul Eater, Harry Potter, and X-Men. :)


15,151 to 15,200 of 64,814 << first < prev | 299 | 300 | 301 | 302 | 303 | 304 | 305 | 306 | 307 | 308 | 309 | next > last >>

Female Half-elf Gestalt Sorcerer6/Dragon Disciple9 // Rogue (Swashbuckler)8/Duelist7

"Thank you Quintus." Vai says evenly. She was become more comfortable with the man the more time she spent with him. However, when he brought forward a series of sword for her, he could tell that she was a novice with them. Her grip was all wrong and the way she swung the weapon was a little laughable. "How do I know which one is best?"


"Well, first off youse gots to hold it like an extension of youse awm, not like a baseball bat. See which one feels like it has the best balance. I'll watch, so don't worry about picking the wrong one. I won't let youse buy one that ain't right."


Female Half-elf Gestalt Sorcerer6/Dragon Disciple9 // Rogue (Swashbuckler)8/Duelist7

Vai nodded. She felt a little silly in all the gear, but it was important to not hurt each other during practice. Her form improved slightly under Quintus' instruction, and eventually they found a good practice blade for her. By this time, Vai was coming to like Quintus. He had a matter-of-fact way of putting things and his accent was strange, but put her at ease. "Okay, so have things to practice with. Do... do you have any real swords too? Just in case." Vai added as an afterthought when Quintus gave her a strange look.


Quintus shrugged. "Don't take this the wrong way, girly, but I won't sell youse a real blade just yet. Youse needs to find youse footing fihst. Youse take some lessons from Sadie. Then youse come back and I'll be happy to help youse get a good blade that'll be just right foh youse. I don't let fowks buy equipment they ain't qualified to use yet. Don't worry. Youse'll be back in a week or two I'm betting."


Female Half-elf Gestalt Sorcerer6/Dragon Disciple9 // Rogue (Swashbuckler)8/Duelist7

"Okay." Vai says a little downcast, but doesn't argue the logic. "Is that everything then?"


"That's everything youse is gonna need, yep. Youse can get changed back into youse regular clothes and I'll wrap up your stuff foh youse," Quintus said, clapping her gently on the back. "Youse gots the talent, girly. Youse'll see."


Female Half-elf Gestalt Sorcerer6/Dragon Disciple9 // Rogue (Swashbuckler)8/Duelist7

[i]Vai blushed behind the mask. She hadn't thought she was talented. Truly, she had felt silly the entire time. She emerges from the changing room, dressed back in her clothes (she had swapped Ephebe's jeans for a new pair she had bought). She pays Quintus in gems, and hands him an extra emerald, feeling a bit guilty about being scared. "That one is for you, for your help. "


"Thank youse, girly," he said with a wide grin. "Youse needs some help getting these things to youse's skimmeh?"


Female Half-elf Gestalt Sorcerer6/Dragon Disciple9 // Rogue (Swashbuckler)8/Duelist7

How heavy is it all?

Vai looks archer sisters, missing the grin on the half-orc's face. "I think we'll be okay, right?"


It's actually all in an athletic bag that should be easy enough for Vai to carry on her own, that being the point since she'll have to carry all this stuff with her to practices. Quintus was teasing. :)

Quintus chuckled. "Glad to hear it girly. I was gonna worry about youse if youse couldn't even carry your own equipment," he said with a wink, handing her the bag.


Female Half-elf Gestalt Sorcerer6/Dragon Disciple9 // Rogue (Swashbuckler)8/Duelist7

"Vai looks archer sisters" man... autocorrect.

Vai flushes red. Obviously she should be able to carry it. She mumbles a final thank you and the girls leave the store, finally done their shopping trip. It must be mid-afternoon by now. The sisters head back towards the skimmer.


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6

"Oh, gosh, I am sooooo hungry. Let's hurry back. I'd suggest stopping at a restaurant, but Uncle Ryo told us that if we did that again we'd be banned from going to town. For some reason they freak out when they see us coming now," she said rolling her eyes.


Female Half-elf Gestalt Sorcerer6/Dragon Disciple9 // Rogue (Swashbuckler)8/Duelist7

Vai laughs as Ephebe pouts. "What would we do if the school didn't cook for us? We'd starve!" Vai says through a continued fit of giggles.


The instant the cooking staff hears Ephebe is pregnant, they're either going to quit or do something less drastic but just as effective.


Male Kitsune (9-tailed) Professor of Eastern Philosophy and Planar studies (?)Sorceror/(?)Flowing Monk

"Well, then since I have no idea which student you are speaking of, that should not be difficult." He says with a sly grin.
"I will not speak of it to any student. I will also attend your meeting. I will try to help as best as I can."


Ring. Of. Sustenance.


Male Human (Mole Zoanthrope) 16 Monk/Ninja

Looks concerned
"Hon, you can do anything you set your mind to. You know how a mind works better than most, if not all of the people here at Avalon. This is almost second nature stuff for you. If I were in a similar situation, I wouldn't ask for anyone else, that's for sure.
Do you want to practice on me? Root around abit, and get comfortable with what you may find in this other person's head?"


Male Kobold (Young Adult Black dragon) Gestalt Sorceror/Oracle 16 Necromancer; Champion of Death

::Ephebe, love, When you get back to Avalon, come to our room, please. I have a gift for you I think you'll appreciate. <mental smirk> ::


Imperial Chronicler wrote:

Ring. Of. Sustenance.

Okay, now the telepathy seems to have spread. Weird.


Ryleh Her usual mode of dress.
Genosuke wrote:

"Well, then since I have no idea which student you are speaking of, that should not be difficult." He says with a sly grin.

"I will not speak of it to any student. I will also attend your meeting. I will try to help as best as I can."

"Thank you. I will use that crystal to contact you when I know where and when."


Image
Ryuzo Kato wrote:

Looks concerned

"Hon, you can do anything you set your mind to. You know how a mind works better than most, if not all of the people here at Avalon. This is almost second nature stuff for you. If I were in a similar situation, I wouldn't ask for anyone else, that's for sure.
Do you want to practice on me? Root around a bit, and get comfortable with what you may find in this other person's head?"

"No, that's not the problem. I know what a mind is supposed to look like. But the thing that got put in his head is really powerful and getting it completely out without damaging his psyche may be more difficult than I can handle. I'm scared I'll mess up." She sniffled. "The person who did this was better at this than me. Heck, one of their underlings put a geas on me that would have completely wiped out all of my memories if I had revealed their identity. And that was an underling. Well, okay, they were totally using this guy's power, but still. I have no idea what kind of traps might be attached to this thing."


Agarthian Storyteller wrote:
Imperial Chronicler wrote:

Ring. Of. Sustenance.

Okay, now the telepathy seems to have spread. Weird.

It might be a good idea to get started on crafting a series of these....before the school goes broke trying to feed all these dragons. ;P


Tam had a set of five made for the family years ago, actually - the everfull rice bowl is nice, but it makes for a lousy hat to wear, neh? ;)


And of course he forgot to mention them. The secrets this family keeps, huh? ;P


*snerk* So, let me guess, they're languishing in the bottom of a drawer somewhere? :)


Image

Aananda transferred the beaker that was now full of blood from the first iso-chamber into the second, where the shell of the homunculus was waiting. The chamber was filled with a whirring sound as the process of activating the homunculus began.

"This should only take a few more minutes."


Female Half-elf Gestalt Sorcerer6/Dragon Disciple9 // Rogue (Swashbuckler)8/Duelist7
Vai Sunwake wrote:
Vai laughs as Ephebe pouts. "What would we do if the school didn't cook for us? We'd starve!" Vai says through a continued fit of giggles.

Vai finally manages to stop giggling as they reach the skimmer. She puts the bag of gear gently in the back, and looks at all the stuff. Is the skimmer gonna be able to fly?


Image

Meanwhile, deep in the jungle...

Ori was wondering what in the world ever made her think she could teach at this level. She was barely older than these kids. And she had some suspicions that Khassar might be older than her. And somehow she was supposed to be responsible for all of their safety....perfect.

"Out of curiosity, I'm starting to think there might be a bit of a hole in our plans...exactly how are we supposed to locate this book? With all this plant life we could walk right past it and never know."


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6
Vai Sunwake wrote:
Vai Sunwake wrote:
Vai laughs as Ephebe pouts. "What would we do if the school didn't cook for us? We'd starve!" Vai says through a continued fit of giggles.
Vai finally manages to stop giggling as they reach the skimmer. She puts the bag of gear gently in the back, and looks at all the stuff. Is the skimmer gonna be able to fly?

Ephebe catches the doubtful look and grins. "You do know that this skimmer was built by Mom, right? What are the chances that it isn't souped up to beyond ridiculous levels? I mean, really."


Male Half-Elf
Aanandareavekki wrote:

Aananda transferred the beaker that was now full of blood from the first iso-chamber into the second, where the shell of the homunculus was waiting. The chamber was filled with a whirring sound as the process of activating the homunculus began.

"This should only take a few more minutes."

"I never would have thought about making a homunculus on my own like this." Michael tells Professor Sunwake and Jim as he watches the process carefully. "I did give some thought to buying statues and finding someone with a different version of the stone to flesh spell, but eventually decided that could be less than clean if it didn't work."


Female Half-elf Gestalt Sorcerer6/Dragon Disciple9 // Rogue (Swashbuckler)8/Duelist7

Once again, Vai laughs - the easy, comfortable laugh of a 17 year old girl with no cares in the world. "You're right. So, Fi, was the shopping trip up to your expectations?" Vai distracts her with the question and tries to steal the front seat by hopping straight in.


I was just about to make a jungle post too. Dang paper ninjas!

Ori Reading wrote:
"Out of curiosity, I'm starting to think there might be a bit of a hole in our plans...exactly how are we supposed to locate this book? With all this plant life we could walk right past it and never know."

"We're paper-mages." Oneiro replies as Jeran downs the last tiger. If we can't feel it when we get close, we can always search the area the previous expeditions couldn't get through. We're on roughly the same path as the expedition that had the book anyway, so that helps."

"Jeran, why did you say not to use magic on them?"


Ephebe wrote:
Ephebe catches the doubtful look and grins. "You do know that this skimmer was built by Mom, right? What are the chances that it isn't souped up to beyond ridiculous levels? I mean, really."

It's only like that because she couldn't steer worth a darn.


Image
Michael Dacamara wrote:
Aanandareavekki wrote:

Aananda transferred the beaker that was now full of blood from the first iso-chamber into the second, where the shell of the homunculus was waiting. The chamber was filled with a whirring sound as the process of activating the homunculus began.

"This should only take a few more minutes."

"I never would have thought about making a homunculus on my own like this." Michael tells Professor Sunwake and Jim as he watches the process carefully. "I did give some thought to buying statues and finding someone with a different version of the stone to flesh spell, but eventually decided that could be less than clean if it didn't work."

She laughed. "Less than clean is an understatement. James tried it on a box of toy soldiers when he was ten. It was gruesome beyond belief."


Image
Vai Sunwake wrote:
Once again, Vai laughs - the easy, comfortable laugh of a 17 year old girl with no cares in the world. "You're right. So, Fi, was the shopping trip up to your expectations?" Vai distracts her with the question and tries to steal the front seat by hopping straight in.

"Yes, it was...darn you! Now I have to ride in the back with your harp!" she said in mock indignation.


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6

"You snooze, you lose," Ephebe replied, unsympathetically.


Image
Oneiro Mance wrote:

I was just about to make a jungle post too. Dang paper ninjas!

Ori Reading wrote:
"Out of curiosity, I'm starting to think there might be a bit of a hole in our plans...exactly how are we supposed to locate this book? With all this plant life we could walk right past it and never know."

"We're paper-mages." Oneiro replies as Jeran downs the last tiger. If we can't feel it when we get close, we can always search the area the previous expeditions couldn't get through. We're on roughly the same path as the expedition that had the book anyway, so that helps."

"Jeran, why did you say not to use magic on them?"

"Those weren't tigers. They were dweomercats. If you cast a spell on them they can sort of hone in on the magic and immediately teleport to where you are and attack you. But they don't have such an easy time getting to you if you just hit them."


Image

"Well, I rather think we know what happened to the last expedition now since they were mostly spellcasters."


Warforged Engineer Alchemist 16/Armiger 16 Champion of Creation
Aanandareavekki wrote:


She laughed. "Less than clean is an understatement. James tried it on a box of toy soldiers when he was ten. It was gruesome beyond belief."

Homunculi are definitely a cleaner solution. If you don't mind, I'll get back to work on the project.


"It certainly explains why druids weren't any help. Their presence here makes me certain they're guarding something now. Normal tigers could be here because of an abundance of prey, but cats that seem designed to kill spellcasters... It's seems like to big of a coincidence."


Image
"Jim" Rivets wrote:
Aanandareavekki wrote:


She laughed. "Less than clean is an understatement. James tried it on a box of toy soldiers when he was ten. It was gruesome beyond belief."
Homunculi are definitely a cleaner solution. If you don't mind, I'll get back to work on the project.

"Yes, that's fine, Jim. Thanks for your help."


Image
Oneiro Mance wrote:
"It certainly explains why druids weren't any help. Their presence here makes me certain they're guarding something now. Normal tigers could be here because of an abundance of prey, but cats that seem designed to kill spellcasters... It's seems like to big of a coincidence."

"I couldn't agree more. We'll have to keep a wary eye out for whatever other crazy traps there might be around this thing."


Warforged Engineer Alchemist 16/Armiger 16 Champion of Creation

Not a problem.

Jim returns to his workstation, where the homunculi have been working, and proceeds with delicate work.

Just realized I didn't get the list I told you I would to you, lyn. I'll get back on that real quick, and should have it by the end of the day.


narrator wrote:
*snerk* So, let me guess, they're languishing in the bottom of a drawer somewhere? :)

*countersnerk* Nooooooooooo.....nobody wanted to give up the (evidently heady) sensation of stuffing their faces with food. Draconic instincts are powerful habits to kick, after all. (^-^)


Male Half-Elf
Aanandareavekki wrote:
She laughed. "Less than clean is an understatement. James tried it on a box of toy soldiers when he was ten. It was gruesome beyond belief."

"Glad I decided against it." Micahel, making a face. "I'm not a good judge of spells anyway."


Imperial Chronicler wrote:

*countersnerk* Nooooooooooo.....nobody wanted to give up the (evidently heady) sensation of stuffing their faces with food. Draconic instincts are powerful habits to kick, after all. (^-^)

Bad time to tell you I might be wearing two?


Image

"Neither is James," she said with a wink. "And yet that never seems to discourage the experiments."

"Alright," she said, reaching in and pulling out the clear beetle shaped homunculus. "Here is the catch to open up the stomach. It can only store one potion at a time since it's so small," she added as she slid a potion of calm emotions into the waiting slot and then closed the hatch.

"Here you go. It's all yours," she said, handing it to Michael just as it started to squirm around.


Ori Reading wrote:
"I couldn't agree more. We'll have to keep a wary eye out for whatever other crazy traps there might be around this thing."

"I can't wait to see what they are, actually. Not after finding out a bunch of magical cats are guarding it now."


Male Half-Elf

Michael takes the beetle carefully and nearly drops it when it tries to stand up. He smiles a little as it gets it's footing and proceeds to crawl all over him, eventually settling on his forearm.

"Heh, the little thing's pretty neat. Now I just need to think of a name and I'll be set." Suddenly his good mood seems to go away as the smile vanishes and his shoulders slump. "Kitty's going to ask why I've got it."


Image

"I'd recommend telling her the truth. She's a bright girl, she's going to figure it out. And do you really want to see what she'll do if she finds out you lied to her?"

15,151 to 15,200 of 64,814 << first < prev | 299 | 300 | 301 | 302 | 303 | 304 | 305 | 306 | 307 | 308 | 309 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tales of Agartha: the Avalon Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.