Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

The Avalon Chronicles

Game Master lynora

This is a high level rules light game set in a school for magical kids, kinda a mash-up of Soul Eater, Harry Potter, and X-Men. :)


101 to 150 of 68,886 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Kobold Expert 6/Rogue 4/Fighter 3
H'Tor wrote:
[Draws an ornately crafted greatsword out of the folds of his robe, a pale green energy wafts off of runes carved along it's blade. H'Tor begins scanning the room while standing in a relaxed, but ready position, as if waiting for a command or a target to appear]

Vakkler notices the armed kobold approach.

Draconic:
"That's your friend, isn't it?"

"What's going on?"
His right hand goes slowly to his pack. His other hand holds the toadlike creature--which seems to be quite slimy, the students notice.


Male Kobold (Young Adult Black dragon) Gestalt Sorceror/Oracle 16 Necromancer; Champion of Death
Vakkler Relkav wrote:
H'Tor wrote:
[Draws an ornately crafted greatsword out of the folds of his robe, a pale green energy wafts off of runes carved along it's blade. H'Tor begins scanning the room while standing in a relaxed, but ready position, as if waiting for a command or a target to appear]

Vakkler notices the armed kobold approach.

** spoiler omitted **
"What's going on?"
His right hand goes slowly to his pack. His other hand holds the toadlike creature--which seems to be quite slimy, the students notice.

Krays nods, while keeping his attention on the room

Draconic:
"The wolf's behavior indicates there is a danger near by. I summoned H'Tor from the hallway in case there is trouble. He will not act unless I direct him to or I am directly threatened. {pauses} I left him in the hallway as I understand most people frown upon the presence of undead while they're eating. He understands this and doesn't mind waiting..."


Male Dhampir Champion of Darkness, Order of the Gunslinger initiate

Asch stares at the large wolf that seems to be guarding Ephebe. "What's going on?"


Male Kobold Expert 6/Rogue 4/Fighter 3
Krays wrote:
Vakkler Relkav wrote:
H'Tor wrote:
[Draws an ornately crafted greatsword out of the folds of his robe, a pale green energy wafts off of runes carved along it's blade. H'Tor begins scanning the room while standing in a relaxed, but ready position, as if waiting for a command or a target to appear]

Vakkler notices the armed kobold approach.

** spoiler omitted **
"What's going on?"
His right hand goes slowly to his pack. His other hand holds the toadlike creature--which seems to be quite slimy, the students notice.

Krays nods, while keeping his attention on the room

** spoiler omitted **

Draconic:
"Unde--"

For the first time, Vakkler looks closely at H'Tor. He clicks his tongue. "I see."
He turns to Rune. "Is there indeed a danger, wolf?"


F Sylph

Nasima smiles warmly at Krays. "Yeah! I love flying, back in my mom's cas-aaaAAAAAH!" 'Sima is talking normally until the wolf shows up, growling, then H'Tor draws his sword and she loses all concentration. "EEK!"

...and falls, landing with a thud and whooshing of breath in the chair that had been beneath her when she started. Looking around, her eyes huge, she says, maybe too loudly. "What's going ON?!" You all have...weapons and and death...making...THINGS! This is just a cafeteria! We're supposed to eat here, or...or hang out! Not fight to the death!" She looks down under the table, then crouches down so her face is level with Ephebe's.

"Ephebe, what's wrong? Everybody's real freaked out and I'm scared, too." 'Sima holds the other girl's hand. "What's wrong? Can we help?"


There is a distant boom of thunder that lasts for an awfully long time, rumbling and dopplering around for more than is usual.

"ha. ha. ha. ha. haaaaaa..."


F Sylph

ohnoohnoohnoohnoohno "Ephebe, please...it's getting harder...for me to...harder...to...stay in...c..." Tears begin to form in 'Sima's eyes.


The thunder is closer now, and louder. It begins to grow dark outside.


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6

Ephebe is shaking very hard and seems literally frozen with fear.

The boy at the far end of the cafeteria smiles. It's not a nice smile.


F Sylph

Perception: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (14) + 20 = 34
Not getting a reply, Nasima looks over at the last spot Ephebe glanced at before ducking. She stands, but her form is getting blurry as the outside gets darker and she seems unable to stand straight. She flails for a moment, then leans on Krays for support. The kobold would notice that the sylph weighs practically nothing. "something...something over there...something...him!" She points at the dark-eyed boy who is smiling wickedly in the corner. "You! What are you...you doing!"

'Sima looks helplessly at Vakkler. "What is he? Why is she so...so scared of him?"


Male Kobold Expert 6/Rogue 4/Fighter 3
Ephebe wrote:

Ephebe is shaking very hard and seems literally frozen with fear.

The boy at the far end of the cafeteria smiles. It's not a nice smile.

Perception: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (12) + 18 = 30

Almost instinctively, the kobold looks up and spots the boy. His eyes narrow. "You lot keep the storm girl calm. Slarrow and I are going to have a little talk with that brat."
Taking his hand out of his pack, he advances towards the young man. "Kid!" he snaps. "Exactly what are you thinking? You realize you're upsetting that girl there?"


Male Dhampir Champion of Darkness, Order of the Gunslinger initiate

"Amada's going to mad if I get in another fight." He says with a sigh. "But if it breaks up the monotony." He says as he slowly removes his sunglasses his crimson eyes beginning to glow as dark energy begins to swirl around his body. "Do try something I'm sure it'll be fun."

Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (13) + 16 = 29
Intimidate: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (20) + 16 = 36


Ephebe wrote:

Ephebe is shaking very hard and seems literally frozen with fear.

The boy at the far end of the cafeteria smiles. It's not a nice smile.

The sound of boots racing toward the cafeteria can be heard by those trying to be perceptive of their surroundings right now.

3...


Male Kobold (Young Adult Black dragon) Gestalt Sorceror/Oracle 16 Necromancer; Champion of Death

Krays makes a few gestures, and his scales slowly harden and fade to an off white, as they become like dense bone. He moves with Vakkler to the other side of the table, then hangs back to interpose himself between this child and Ephebe, hopefully blocking line of site in order to be helpful and obey Vakkler. H'Tor moves next to him, his eyes brightening in intensity...

Bone Armor ftw! lol


Male Kobold Expert 6/Rogue 4/Fighter 3
Asch Redgrave wrote:

"Amada's going to mad if I get in another fight." He says with a sigh. "But if it breaks up the monotony." He says as he slowly removes his sunglasses his crimson eyes beginning to glow as dark energy begins to swirl around his body. "Do try something I'm sure it'll be fun."

Perception: 1 d20 + 16
Intimidate: 1 d20 + 16

"Zip it, kid. Here, do something useful and get the storm girl out of the area. If she makes too much of a mess on my watch, the janitor may respond with violence."


F Sylph

Seeing Vakkler and Asch head over to confront the strange boy seems to calm Nasima down a bit. She sits back in the chair she was in earlier and hugs her arms to herself. She watches Krays' transformation and angles her head at him. "I'm Nasima, by the way, I've seen you around a bunch today. What's your name? You seem really nice. Your friend, too. I like people who are quiet." She blushes. "I mean! I mean! Not that people who talk are like BAD or something, just, youknow...I like calm." She gives a sheepish little smile and holds her hand out to the kobold.


Male Kobold (Young Adult Black dragon) Gestalt Sorceror/Oracle 16 Necromancer; Champion of Death

He looks back over his shoulder at Nasima. "I am Krays"
He smiles then turns away, trying to focus and see if he can tell what this attack actually is..
Spellcraft:
1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 35
Knowledge: Arcana
1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 35

EDIT: I didn't see nasima's post :\


Male Kobold Expert 6/Rogue 4/Fighter 3

3 20s in a row on the thread!


Male Dhampir Champion of Darkness, Order of the Gunslinger initiate
Vakkler Relkav wrote:
Asch Redgrave wrote:

"Amada's going to mad if I get in another fight." He says with a sigh. "But if it breaks up the monotony." He says as he slowly removes his sunglasses his crimson eyes beginning to glow as dark energy begins to swirl around his body. "Do try something I'm sure it'll be fun."

Perception: 1 d20 + 16
Intimidate: 1 d20 + 16

"Zip it, kid. Here, do something useful and get the storm girl out of the area. If she makes too much of a mess on my watch, the janitor may respond with violence."

How do you get to say zip it to that intimidate check? :p


F Sylph

As the thunder recedes and the ambient light level increases, Nasima looks under the table. "Poor Ephebe. I wish I knew what was wrong." She gets a determined look on her face and slides out of her chair onto the floor. "It's nice to meet you, Krays." she says up to the armored kobold "And, um, whoever your friend is." The young sylph sits next to Ephebe and hugs her close, stroking her temple gently. A small, warm breeze blows around the two girls and the sylph's voice is like a pleasing summer wind through lush trees, the sound of sun and happiness. "It's okay, Ephebe. Whatever it is, it's gonna be okay." She says soothingly as she rocks them both gently side to side. Her mom used to do this -- still did sometimes, in fact -- and it always helped keep Khoda away, so maybe it would help 'Sima's new friend.

Or at least, she hoped Ephebe was a friend. She was still pretty embarrassed about the whole gymnasium thing...


F Sylph
Asch Redgrave wrote:
How do you get to say zip it to that intimidate check? :p

With a "hand-wave" check, duh. ;-) I would reckon being a teacher doesn't hurt, either.


Male Kobold (Young Adult Black dragon) Gestalt Sorceror/Oracle 16 Necromancer; Champion of Death

IC wrote:

The sound of boots racing toward the cafeteria can be heard by those trying to be perceptive of their surroundings right now.

3...

What does this coutndown mean?


Male Kobold Expert 6/Rogue 4/Fighter 3
Nasima Shearskye wrote:
Asch Redgrave wrote:
How do you get to say zip it to that intimidate check? :p
With a "hand-wave" check, duh. ;-) I would reckon being a teacher doesn't hurt, either.

It also helps when the Intimidate check isn't directed toward him.

'Least, I assume it isn't. :P


F Sylph
Krays wrote:
IC wrote:

The sound of boots racing toward the cafeteria can be heard by those trying to be perceptive of their surroundings right now.

3...

What does this coutndown mean?

Reckon it's the Final Countdown. You know, until all heckfire breaks loose in the caf.


The boy looked at Vakkler as if he were just now noticing him. There was something terribly wrong about his eyes.

"You didn't think I was really here in person did you? How quaint. Perhaps since you're all so eager to fight I should give you something to work out your aggressions on," he said in a cold, hollow voice.

He stepped back into shadow and two large shadow elementals stepped out of the wall.


Knowledge Arcana won't tell you anything other than whatever this is it isn't arcane. Spellcraft DC 30 to recognize an effect that seems to be a variant on the phantasmal killer spell on Ephebe. The elementals appear to be summoned.


Male Kobold (Young Adult Black dragon) Gestalt Sorceror/Oracle 16 Necromancer; Champion of Death
narrator wrote:
Knowledge Arcana won't tell you anything other than whatever this is it isn't arcane. Spellcraft DC 30 to recognize an effect that seems to be a variant on the phantasmal killer spell on Ephebe. The elementals appear to be summoned.

Are they incorporeal?


Male Kobold Expert 6/Rogue 4/Fighter 3
narrator wrote:

The boy looked at Vakkler as if he were just now noticing him. There was something terribly wrong about his eyes.

"You didn't think I was really here in person did you? How quaint. Perhaps since you're all so eager to fight I should give you something to work out your aggressions on," he said in a cold, hollow voice.

He stepped back into shadow and two large shadow elementals stepped out of the wall.

Vakkler drops the toad, eliciting a croak of annoyance. "What in the--"

He looks about, quickly surmising the situation. He reaches into his pack and whips out a massive crossbow.
Draconic:
"Knew I should have loaded it...."

He snatches from his pocket a bolt quarrel and loads it into the weapon, firing at the nearest shade.
Attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

Spoiler:
"Here's what I say to your magic, whelp!"


Krays wrote:
narrator wrote:
Knowledge Arcana won't tell you anything other than whatever this is it isn't arcane. Spellcraft DC 30 to recognize an effect that seems to be a variant on the phantasmal killer spell on Ephebe. The elementals appear to be summoned.
Are they incorporeal?

Nope. Mostly real illusions.


At this point, Ephebe should have heard the ping Taron mentioned. Just saying.

Off in another corner, a half-elven boy is eating with three much younger human kids, the oldest of which is probably no older than five years old. He stands up and moves between them and the shadows, but otherwise does nothing.

"Idiot." He murmurs.


The elemental just barely dodges Vakkler's arrow and moves forward knocking a table across the room. The second elemental starts throwing chairs at people. Kids run screaming out of the cafeteria.

The AC is 21 for reference. Using the stats for a large air elemental since that seems pretty close to shadow.


F Sylph

At the sound of the crossbow firing, Nasima's head snaps up. "Oh no!" She speaks quickly in Auran and an impossibly dense cloud begins to fill the area around herself and Ephebe, spreading out to a 20' diameter of equal density. A few more words, and intensely strong wind gusts form a barrier around the obscuring mist.

Hand-waving 'Sima into a sort of really low level elementalist with no offensive stuff, just things a kid like her would know, primarily parlor trick-y spells and protective spells like the ones she just used: Fog Cloud and a weak version of Wind Wall. Any heavy-duty caster could knock her defenses aside like nothin'. I mean, she's just a kid. She's only hoping to stay hidden until whatever this is, is over.


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6
Agarthian Storyteller wrote:

At this point, Ephebe should have heard the ping Taron mentioned. Just saying.

Off in another corner, a half-elven boy is eating with three much younger human kids, the oldest of which is probably no older than five years old. He stands up and moves between them and the shadows, but otherwise does nothing.

"Idiot." He murmurs.

Ephebe is frozen until the spell duration ends or someone hits her with a dispel. Chalk it up to creative methods of taking myself out of combat when I'm running it. :)

Edit:And the ping would have happened pre-attack yes? Let's say that's what alerted her to looks around and then jump under the table before she got hit with the full effects of the fear spell.


Male Kobold Expert 6/Rogue 4/Fighter 3

Vakkler chuckles. "Let's see....throwing furniture around the room, mocking authority...if I didn't know better, I'd say somebody's having a temper tantrum."
Bluff: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (19) + 15 = 34

34 Sense Motive:
Vakkler seems a little nervous.


Male Dhampir Champion of Darkness, Order of the Gunslinger initiate

Asch pulls out his caster and slams a shell in and snaps his wrist up snapping the gun closed. He quickly aims towards the shadows and fires sending three bolts of energy towards the shades.

1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 51d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 21d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
All aimed at the shade that Vakkler didn't attack.


Male Kobold (Young Adult Black dragon) Gestalt Sorceror/Oracle 16 Necromancer; Champion of Death

Chants a few phrases in infernal...then unleashes a searing light spell
dunno if these guys are hurt more or less by this spell but I'll lsit all damages and let you pick
Searing Light(ranged touch):
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
Possible damages:
Normal:
4d8 ⇒ (1, 4, 7, 1) = 13
vs. undead harmed by light:
8d8 ⇒ (3, 5, 7, 8, 6, 1, 8, 6) = 44
vs. constructs
4d6 ⇒ (5, 3, 4, 2) = 14


You know, I think the Book of Vile Darkness has elementals like this...

Something flashes in the air in front of the half-elf as a chair flies toward him the the young ones. The chair crashes to the ground and splits into pieces.

"Vilgan!" Whatever the half-elf just said makes the three kids gasps and cover their ears.


Was male... Formerly, kobold Bonded advanced skeletal companion

Moves to the closest shadow, between them if possible
Attack (Power Attack)
1d20 + 19 ⇒ (17) + 19 = 36
Damage (Vital strike)
4d6 + 18 ⇒ (1, 2, 3, 2) + 18 = 26
If affected
1d6 ⇒ 5 negative energy


The first shadow elemental roars with anger as Asch's bolts hit it. The second shadow elemental that was facing off with Vakkler shrieks with agony as the searing light hits it.

Sure we'll go with the light does extra damage idea. Makes sense since it's made of shadow.


Agarthian Storyteller wrote:

You know, I think the Book of Vile Darkness has elementals like this...

Does it? Don't have that book. Took the idea from something that got thrown at us in my RL game. :)


H'Tor slices right through the shadow elemental that had been damaged by the searing light spell and it dissipated into curls of shadow that quickly disperse.


Male Kobold Expert 6/Rogue 4/Fighter 3

Vakkler's eyes narrow. "Quick little 'hemoths." He opens fire once again on the remaining creature. Although the first misses, the second punctures the elemental's wispy form.
1d8 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 damage.


The remaining elemental swings a massive fist at Vakkler, angry that it's been hurt again.

To hit: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


F Sylph

Nasima sits under the table cradling Ephebe and hoping for the best. She flinches at the roar of guns and crashing of furniture. The terrifying shrieks of the shadow creatures make her wince. Inside, part of her is a crying mess, lying on the floor and shaking with terror, but the better part of her knuckles down with the resolve of her giantess heritage. Dad would snap his fingers and turn them all into little wisps of smoke. Heh. And mom would just step on them. But I'm not mom or dad. I have to be brave and stay quiet so all the Warriors can do their thing. As she sets her chin in determination and fights back tears she is impressed at how steady her hands are.

Sometimes I wish I was Khoda. Or that he and I could work together. If I was Khoda...If I was Khoda I'd never be afraid, that's for sure. I'd just crush 'em. Or zap 'em. Pow! Fried.

If only...

The sylph holds her friend, safe for the moment behind a wall of cloud and wind, and sighs heavily.


Male Kobold Expert 6/Rogue 4/Fighter 3

The small engineer is sent flying by the powerful blows. Spitting blood, he slowly raises his crossbow to fire again.
Where are you, you mind-reading mite?
From the ground, hissing Draconic swearwords, he shoots the last two bolts in the crossbow. Both shots hit the being of shadow.
2d8 + 18 ⇒ (3, 7) + 18 = 28
EDIT: Finally, a decent hit. Of course, I probably shouldn't hog the glory, not so soon after my last post. If somebody else wants to have the killing blow, we'll say these shots missed. :P


"Ku, huf!" Lysander says sternly to the children. "Vehd, Ryo!" The trio dash off, running through the cafeteria doors. Lysander strides toward the shadow elemental with what looks like the hilt of a sword in one hand. The air almost seems to shimmer around him...


Mr. Sinh glances at the pile of errant tater-tots and weighs their significance against the chairs and food being thrown willy-nilly in the students' flight from the cafeteria. This is going to take HOURS to clean up.

The janitor looks apoplectic as he casts a glance at Vakkler. "I hope you've got a lot of detention slips for these miscreants."

Mr Sinh lunges at the Shadowy creature wielding his mop... which, like his arms, has grown black and drips a caustic sludge that stings the eyes. With careful aim, he attempts to 'wash the mouth out' of the shadow-spawned villain, jamming his mop into what passes for its face.

Betsy + Perfect Strike + Power Attack + Elemental Assault

HIT: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26 OR HIT: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25
DAM (stand): 1d6 + 15 ⇒ (6) + 15 = 21
DAM (acid): +1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


F Sylph

ahahahaa, Mr. Sinh is the awesomest. ^_^


Male Kobold Expert 6/Rogue 4/Fighter 3
Lysander Sandwalker wrote:
"Ku, huf!" Lysander says sternly to the children. "Vehd, Ryo!" The trio dash off, running through the cafeteria doors. Lysander strides toward the shadow elemental with what looks like the hilt of a sword in one hand. The air almost seems to shimmer around him...

Watching the janitor's amazing display of prowess, Vakkler hears Lysander's words.

Linguistics: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (9) + 15 = 24
Can he tell what language is being used?


The elemental wails as the mop comes very close to cleaning it up for good. It looks as if part of its face has been wiped away.

101 to 150 of 68,886 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tales of Agartha: the Avalon Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.