Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

The Avalon Chronicles

Game Master lynora

This is a high level rules light game set in a school for magical kids, kinda a mash-up of Soul Eater, Harry Potter, and X-Men. :)


13,901 to 13,950 of 69,535 << first < prev | 274 | 275 | 276 | 277 | 278 | 279 | 280 | 281 | 282 | 283 | 284 | next > last >>

Male Quasit (Demon) Gestalt Vitalist/Psion(Telepath) 16

::I was pretty surprised to learn that you are a dragon.::

Phaezeriel lifts into the air again.

::I am gonna grab some food. I have a feeling it would be a bad idea to try taking food from a hungry dragon.::

Phaezeriel's mental voice has a teasing tone to it as he heads for the kitchen.


Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^)

Perception Check: 1d20 + 32 ⇒ (12) + 32 = 44

After a blessedly quiet week (with the exception of being drafted with the other art students into poster and banner creation for the upcoming talent show), Fei finishes up his afternoon work in the Materials and Supplies building, and enters the Cafeteria to get some dinner.

Tray in hand, he looks for a table. As he does, he notes the rather tense conversation going on between Vai and Kitty. Unnoticed as usual, he quietly sits down at a nearby table out of their field of view and observes.

Given the Cafeteria's penchant for being the birthplace of many of the woes that befall Avalon, the young monk has learned to take no acts of interpersonal conflict under its roof for granted anymore... ;P

For Vai:

Spoiler:
You're not sure why exactly, but you feel the nervous tension in you start to fade. You are still getting that slightly wary/unfriendly vibe from Kitty, but the certainty of what you need to do to make things right with her starts coming back to you, easing your fears.


Image

Jeran sat at the edge of the cafeteria, just watching. Cutting loose from the Pack had been freeing, but it was also lonely. He'd cut all ties with the other lycans. They wouldn't even look at him anymore. And that was probably for the best. But he hadn't exactly made a lot of progress making friends either. Almost everyone was too scared of him.


Female Half-Elf Sorcerer6/Dragon Disciple 9

Vai felt her nervousness melt away. At least Kitty wasn't yelling. That meant she could be more confident. She looked the girl in the eyes, a serious expression clear. "It's sorta complicated, but it was someone I knew before coming to Avalon... they didn't like that I came here, so he tried to take me away so that no one would notice. I'm sorry for any trouble it caused you." Vai finished with a respectful bow, as she had seen Fei do for Aananda. For some reason, Vai felt his presence.


Image (doesn't have wings)

"You mean like a doppelganger?" she asked, still cautious, but thawing a little. The girl certainly seemed sincere, and she wasn't acting anything like that other time. Who knows, maybe it's true.


Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^)
Jeran Darkclaw wrote:
Jeran sat at the edge of the cafeteria, just watching. Cutting loose from the Pack had been freeing, but it was also lonely. He'd cut all ties with the other lycans. They wouldn't even look at him anymore. And that was probably for the best. But he hadn't exactly made a lot of progress making friends either. Almost everyone was too scared of him.

Seeing the situation at the table (hopefully) diffuse a bit, Fei spares a glance around the room and notices Jeran along the wall. He bows his head to the martial artist and motions respectfully to join him at his table.


Female Half-Elf Sorcerer6/Dragon Disciple 9

"Kinda?" Vai says. It seems like she was reaching the girl, "I think he used a spell that make a copy of me..."


Image

Jeran hesitated, but it wasn't like there were that many people willing to talk to him and he was starting to go a little stir crazy from the isolation. He picked up his tray and walked over to Fei's table trying to ignore the number of people who were going out of their way to avoid him.

"Hi," he said tersely as he sat down.


Image (doesn't have wings)
Vai Emkar wrote:
"Kinda?" Vai says. It seems like she was reaching the girl, "I think he used a spell that make a copy of me..."

"Okay. My cousin can do that, but it's more like a doppelgänger. He can look like anybody."

"Okay, well, I guess I can accept that. No, it's okay you don't have to apologize. I mean, not if you really didn't do it. But if you start flirting with my boyfriend like that copy was doing all bets are off."


Male Half-Elf

Not liking the 'lone wolf' style of life? ;P

"Wait, a guy that looked like you hit on me? I told you you had nothing to worry about, Kitty."


Image (doesn't have wings)

Kitty tried to hold a straight face and totally failed. She laughed.

"Alright, alright."

"Umm....what's the name of your little dragon? Saffire is dying to be introduced....although I'll warn you since your little companion is metal that he may just be thinking that it's an awesome chew toy. Saffire has an unhealthy fascination with metal."

*Meep meep meep meep me-meep Meep meep* Saffire said indignantly.


Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^)
Jeran Darkclaw wrote:

Jeran hesitated, but it wasn't like there were that many people willing to talk to him and he was starting to go a little stir crazy from the isolation. He picked up his tray and walked over to Fei's table trying to ignore the number of people who were going out of their way to avoid him.

"Hi," he said tersely as he sat down.

"Hello," Fei replies simply as Jeran sits down, returning his gaze briefly to the other table before continuing.

"I was unsure if you had left the school after the events that transpired. It is good that this is not so."


Image

Jeran sighed.

"It's not like I had anywhere else to go. This place...it was supposed to be a fresh start for me. It just didn't work out that way." he said glumly.


Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^)
Jeran Darkclaw wrote:

Jeran sighed.

"It's not like I had anywhere else to go. This place...it was supposed to be a fresh start for me. It just didn't work out that way." he said glumly.

"I...understand that sentiment very well, actually. But I would respectfully disagree with you," the young monk replies after a moment's thought.

"The original reason for your coming here may have not gone as you had planned, but you have made a 'fresh start' for yourself by your actions. You have finally broken completely from the traditions you felt did not define you, and now you are now free to make your own. That is a significant achievement - many do not have the courage or the belief in themselves to do that."

He stops, then bows his head apologetically.

"Forgive me if I speak out of turn. My order worships a god of new beginnings....and redemption. Such things should never be cause for despair, and I do not feel that you should place such a burden on yourself for what has transpired."


Female Half-Elf Sorcerer6/Dragon Disciple 9

"His name is Nimceleb." Vai was extremely relieved that Kitty had laughed, she had almost broken out in laughter at the same time. She held out her arm to Saffire and Nimceleb trotted down, using his wings to stabilize himself. "He's made of mithril, so I don't think we need to be worried about bites. Thank you for understanding Kitty. I'm Vai, since we haven't technically been introduced."


Image

"I don't need redemption! I didn't do anything wrong! How come everybody else that got taken over by the witch gets a free pass but I still get treated like I'm some kind of big bad? I didn't even go after her for revenge. And I could have. I really, really thought about it. But the worst thing I did was fail to keep the lycans from rioting. Because they thought I was weak when I helped people. But I don't get thanked or even spoken to because everyone runs away cause I have this awful reputation that I never earned."

"I'm sorry. I know it's not your fault. I shouldn't yell at you. I'm just so frustrated."


Male Half-Elf
Jeran Darkclaw wrote:
"How come everybody else that got taken over by the witch gets a free pass but I still get treated like I'm some kind of big bad wolf?"

*whistles innocently*

"I'm Michael. It's nice to meet the real you, Vai."


Image (doesn't have wings)
Vai Emkar wrote:
"His name is Nimceleb." Vai was extremely relieved that Kitty had laughed, she had almost broken out in laughter at the same time. She held out her arm to Saffire and Nimceleb trotted down, using his wings to stabilize himself. "He's made of mithril, so I don't think we need to be worried about bites. Thank you for understanding Kitty. I'm Vai, since we haven't technically been introduced."

Saffire rushed forward to say hello and was abruptly pulled back by Kitty before his teeth could make contact with Nimceleb's wings. Kitty sighed.

She pulled out a bent shuriken with teeth marks and the occasional bite taken out of it. "If you have to chew on something, use this. Nimceleb is a friend, not a teething toy."

"Sorry," she said spologetically as Saffire worried at the shuriken, his teeth making slight sparks against the metal as he chewed at it frantically. "He's still got a long way to go when it comes to learning manners."


Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^)
Jeran Darkclaw wrote:

"I don't need redemption! I didn't do anything wrong! How come everybody else that got taken over by the witch gets a free pass but I still get treated like I'm some kind of big bad? I didn't even go after her for revenge. And I could have. I really, really thought about it. But the worst thing I did was fail to keep the lycans from rioting. Because they thought I was weak when I helped people. But I don't get thanked or even spoken to because everyone runs away cause I have this awful reputation that I never earned."

"I'm sorry. I know it's not your fault. I shouldn't yell at you. I'm just so frustrated."

"I have been told by some that they find it....therapeutic...to yell at me. I believe they mean it as a compliment, though I could be misinterpreting that..." Fei replies with a brief smile. (^-^)

"I do not feel that you have done anything that requires redemption - but I also did not know how much you blame yourself for what happened with your fellow lycanthropes. Now I do."

"You believe it is not weakness to help others. It is the foundation of any true community - even a 'Pack'. The others were unable to realize that until you acted to stop Ssrena. But if you have observed their behavior this last week, they are beginning to understand that truth, and they will ultimately be better for it. Thanks to you."

"Regardless of what the rest of us did, only you could stop Ssrena and show your brethren that her way was not the right way. Whether they can articulate it or not, all in this school owe you their thanks. I will be the first to say 'Thank you' for what you did. Whatever assistance I can give you in this new path you walk - even if it is only to have something other than a wall to vent your frustrations at - I freely offer it, with no conditions," he says with a respectful bow.


Image

Some of the tension seems to drain out of Jeran.

"Thanks. I'm...not so good with people. I don't really know how to communicate well. I tend to come off as stupid or aggressive cause I don't know how to talk to people. It would be easier to work on that if I had someone willing to talk to me. It means a lot to me."


Male Unknown 16 Invulnerable Rager/ 16 Hex Crafter Magus

Enre walks into the cafeteria with a displeased look on his face. Behind him are two people. One is a tall woman with dark blue hair and grey colored eyes, wearing odd looking clothing that is a light grey color. Around her waist appears to be a dark metallic belt. Next to her is a boy that is slightly shorter than she is with the same dark blue hair but he has red colored eyes. He wears the same odd clothing but he has a large dark colored bow on his back.

The boy looks around calmly as if looking for weak points in the area as well as exists. The woman looks around with a look of disdain. Enre than looks around and sees Fei and Jeran he than starts to make his way to them he than says "Can you watch these two while I get them food?" The woman laughs. Enre turns to her and says "Shut it. You know what your father said." She than makes a face at Enre before looking at Fei and Jeran. The boy just watches not a change of his facial expression.

Sorry Jeran and Fei.


Image

Jeran looked at the new arrivals warily.

"Hello. I'm Jeran. Who are you?"

He shot a look towards Fei as if to say, see what I mean, crappy communicator.


Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^)

"We have more than enough room at the table, Enre - it will be no problem," Fei says with a reassuring nod to Jeran as he takes the initiative to greet the two new arrivals. The young monk then stands up and politely bows.

"Welcome to Avalon Academy - I am Fei. Are you friends of Enre, or perhaps family...?"


Warforged Engineer Alchemist 16/Armiger 16 Champion of Creation

Jim, after pulling another all-nighter in the lab, goes to his room for a short while to buff his plating and remove the grease and such from it's surface, followed shortly by a trip to the cafeteria to get food.


Enre nods before going to get food. The woman looks at Fei with a look as to suggest speaking to him was beneath her. The boy than says "I am Artōrius, this is my sister Eir." He than turns to look at Enre before saying "He is our Uncle." Eir than gives Artōrius a look as if he was crazy before making a sound and sitting down. Artōrius just shrugs at her.


Image

Jeran sat there not sure at all what to say to these two.

"Are you just visiting or are you enrolling at Avalon?" he blurted out the first thing he could think of to say.


Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^)
DM DarknLight wrote:
Enre nods before going to get food. The woman looks at Fei with a look as to suggest speaking to him was beneath her. The boy than says "I am Artōrius, this is my sister Eir." He than turns to look at Enre before saying "He is our Uncle." Eir than gives Artōrius a look as if he was crazy before making a sound and sitting down. Artōrius just shrugs at her.
Jeran Darkclaw wrote:

Jeran sat there not sure at all what to say to these two.

"Are you just visiting or are you enrolling at Avalon?" he blurted out the first thing he could think of to say.

"It is a pleasure to meet you Artōrius, Eir", Fei replies formally, taking his seat again after they sit.

"Enre has been...a most helpful student here. Are you similarly trained, or do your skills lie in other areas? Siege warfare or battlefield assessment, perhaps?" he asks, referring to Artōrius' observations of the Cafeteria when he first entered.


Male Unknown 16 Invulnerable Rager/ 16 Hex Crafter Magus

Artōrius shrugs "No idea what my Uncle knows. As for what I was trained to do I know how to take down magic users." He than turns to Jeran "You could say we are enrolling." Eir still has her face as Artōrius speaks, Enre than shows up with a large tray full of different kinds of food.

He looks at his niece and nephew as he gets back to the table "Here, and do not say anything about the food just eat it." He than sits and says to Fei and Jeran "They have not being bothering have they?"


Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^)

Fei nods.

"Artōrius has been informing us of their impending enrollment at Avalon, after some fashion."

"Eir has been very reserved. She does not appear to be very...comfortable...here yet."


Male Unknown 16 Invulnerable Rager/ 16 Hex Crafter Magus

Enre looks at Artōrius, who just shrugs back before saying to Fei "No she just thinks she some kind of princess just because my brother is a General. Which seem to be about equal to a King to my race." He than turns to her "For note your not so stop acting like your better than everyone and eat."

Eir makes a face of outrage before taking some food and eating. Artōrius does the same.


Image

"Uh, I'm not sure I understand what a 'king' is exactly. Lycans just have pack leaders and their word is law within the pack. So...is a king like a pack leader?" he asked hesitantly. "And a general is like a pack leader for warriors only?"


Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^)
Jeran Darkclaw wrote:
"Uh, I'm not sure I understand what a 'king' is exactly. Lycans just have pack leaders and their word is law within the pack. So...is a king like a pack leader?" he asked hesitantly. "And a general is like a pack leader for warriors only?"

"That description is quite accurate, actually. Though some kings temper their authority with the wisdom to listen to good counsel, whether it be from their court or the people they ultimately serve."


Male Unknown 16 Invulnerable Rager/ 16 Hex Crafter Magus

"Pretty much Jeran."


Image

"So...why does being related to the general make you important?" he asked, puzzled. "A pack leader's relatives are no more special than any other members of the pack. It is different in different cultures?"


Male Unknown 16 Invulnerable Rager/ 16 Hex Crafter Magus

"Depends but in most yes. Problem with my race is how you make get to be a General,." Enre turns to Artōrius "You know more than I do you explain it."

Artōrius shrugs again and says "Sure. Our race was bred to be soldiers. So to reach any rank you have to prove yourself through combat. There is also a set number of each officer rank in our military. This means if you want to become an officer you have to be better than the officer you wish to replace. So we have trials by arms every year to allow those who wish to advance, challenge those they believe they are better than. All the fights are to the death. My father I am proud to say is the youngest person in the history of our race to reach the rank of General."

Artōrius pauses before saying "Now that I explained that I will answer your question. To I believe the word you use for it is marry in my race you have to be an officer. Those who are married are the only ones allowed to have children. Even than most of the time those who chose to marry check the genetic history of the partner to make sure their children are given an advantage against other children. So us being our father's children with his genetics part of us are important because we will be like him when we get older."


Image

"What, are you domesticated livestock?" he burst out and then blushed.

"Sorry. That was uncalled for. Just because it's strange to me doesn't mean I should make fun of it."

"In lycan culture only the strong are allowed to stay within the pack, but sometimes being strong isn't enough. Sometimes a pack leader will drive someone out for being too strong. They don't want to keep someone around who is a threat to their position. So it's a constant struggle to be strong enough, but not too strong. And in order to choose a mate you must have the pack leader's approval and not be too closely related to the person you fancy. Breeding for power seems very strange to me. Sorry I was so rude."


Female Half-Elf Sorcerer6/Dragon Disciple 9

"Please to meet you as well, Michael." Vai curtsies politely at Michael's introduction, a little worried at Kitty's warning. Michael was cute, to be sure, but Vai tried to keep her tone strictly polite when talking to him. She wanted Kitty to see that she meant no harm.

In the meantime, Nimceleb was looking from Saffire to Vai, as if he wanted a chewtoy too. "Better listen to Kitty Saffire. I was taught that people start judging you right when you first meet, and if you want to impress them you have to use your manners."


Image (doesn't have wings)

Kitty pulled out an extra shuriken and handed it to Nimceleb. "You can chew on it if you want, but I don't think it's good for your teeth...then again what do I know? Saffire seems to think that metal is an important part of a balanced diet....maybe it has something to do with the lightning breath?"

"And she's right about manners Saffire. That's why I keep trying to teach you some," she added with an exasperated sigh.


Warforged Engineer Alchemist 16/Armiger 16 Champion of Creation
"Jim" Rivets wrote:
Jim, after pulling another all-nighter in the lab, goes to his room for a short while to buff his plating and remove the grease and such from it's surface, followed shortly by a trip to the cafeteria to get food.

I derped. It's not morning, it's afternoon, so everything is accurate except the all-nighter.

Jim gets his usual massive helpings of food, releasing his homunculi to eat as well, as they've taken a liking to the tastes and textures, although they have no need for it. One of them belches the excess chemical energy produced by the food, producing a small gout of flame. The other homunculi burst into laughter, creating small bursts of flame as they belch as well, soon devolving into chaos before Jim telepathically scolds them all, the group soon returning to order. Once they have finished their respective meals, they file back into Jim, content to resume working.


Female Half-Elf Sorcerer6/Dragon Disciple 9

"I don't think eating metal has anything to do with breathing lightning," Vai said knowingly, hiding a smile. "Maybe he likes the taste?" Nimceleb had taken the shuriken excitedly from Kitty, but upon biting on it once, he decided he didn't like the thing and dropped it so it clattered on the floor, startling Vai slightly.


Male Kobold (Young Adult Black dragon) Gestalt Sorceror/Oracle 16 Necromancer; Champion of Death

Walks up and kisses his mate on her forehead before getting food.
"Hello Phae, everyone."


Male Unknown 16 Invulnerable Rager/ 16 Hex Crafter Magus

Enre looks at Jeran "It seems my mother had the same thought. The problem is the system has gone on so long bit hard to shake themselves out of it."


Male Human (Mole Zoanthrope) 16 Monk/Ninja

Ryuzo will spend dinner with Nala, as usual.


Male Quasit (Demon) Gestalt Vitalist/Psion(Telepath) 16

Phaezeriel settles to the table with his tray.

Heya Krays. Nice to have a calm week, no?


Image (doesn't have wings)
Vai Emkar wrote:
"I don't think eating metal has anything to do with breathing lightning," Vai said knowingly, hiding a smile. "Maybe he likes the taste?" Nimceleb had taken the shuriken excitedly from Kitty, but upon biting on it once, he decided he didn't like the thing and dropped it so it clattered on the floor, startling Vai slightly.

"Well apparently Nimceleb doesn't think it's delicious at all."

*Meep*

"Yes, I know. More for you."

*Meep meep.*

Saffire nipped playfully at Nimceleb, being careful not to actually bite him and then took off towards the ceiling.

"That's Saffire's way of saying he'd like you to play tag with him."


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6
Krays wrote:

Walks up and kisses his mate on her forehead before getting food.

"Hello Phae, everyone."

Ephebe smiled warmly at him.

She looked at the mountain of empty dishes in front of her.

"I wonder if they have dessert."


Male Human Gestalt Inquisitor/Dragon Knight 16

Ghalen heads to the cafeteria for dinner. He grabs a tray of food and looks for an empty table, and has a seat.
::Fare isn't bad...:: He thinks to his dragon counterpart as he happily eats lasagna. They've had that alot lately for some reason...
'We must find a place to study. You need to learn to use the power I've given you.'
::Well, I dunno where we could. I've been all over the school, and aside from the gym or the garden there isn't much room.::
'You'll need room to fly and claw at targets. You'll need room to run and learn to control your speed. You'll need to learn to use your now innate spells, and learn how to use this with your Inquisitorial abilities. You need to learn this before I can no longer teach you.'
::I'll ask some faculty for a place then. Other than going to a random spot outdoors, we're sunk.::
'Do what you can.'


Image
Enre wrote:
Enre looks at Jeran "It seems my mother had the same thought. The problem is the system has gone on so long bit hard to shake themselves out of it."

"Tradition can be hard to change," he agreed.


Male Quasit (Demon) Gestalt Vitalist/Psion(Telepath) 16

I spied a heavenly-looking cheesecake in there next to a bowl of wild berries.


Male Kobold (Young Adult Black dragon) Gestalt Sorceror/Oracle 16 Necromancer; Champion of Death

"Very nice indeed. Especially since my adventurous mate is usually the source of such activity." He says teasing Ephebe. "I hope things stay settled till the little ones are born. But somehow, I doubt it..."
He looks accross the room to Vai "Whoa. Is she ok over there?"

13,901 to 13,950 of 69,535 << first < prev | 274 | 275 | 276 | 277 | 278 | 279 | 280 | 281 | 282 | 283 | 284 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tales of Agartha: the Avalon Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.