Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

The Avalon Chronicles

Game Master lynora

This is a high level rules light game set in a school for magical kids, kinda a mash-up of Soul Eater, Harry Potter, and X-Men. :)


13,251 to 13,300 of 68,826 << first < prev | 261 | 262 | 263 | 264 | 265 | 266 | 267 | 268 | 269 | 270 | 271 | next > last >>

Male Quasit (Demon) Gestalt Vitalist/Psion(Telepath) 16

Phaezeriel will come close to Vai. His primary mind will cast Minor Creation to produce a robe appropriately sized for Vai, and he will wrap it around her shoulders.

His secondary mind will manifest empathic transfer, transferring 9d10 ⇒ (4, 7, 3, 7, 10, 2, 7, 6, 7) = 53 HP of damage from Vai to himself.


Phaez, how does that work for nonlethal?


Male Quasit (Demon) Gestalt Vitalist/Psion(Telepath) 16

Any healing also heals an identical amount of non-lethal damage simultaneously.


Male Human (Mole Zoanthrope) 16 Monk/Ninja

Clone 1 moves around the wall of thorns to check a different part of the garden...as does clone 2
Clone 1 Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
Clone 2 Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23


Male Half-Elf

"Hey, there's one!" Micahel says, pointing to a potted plant with red patterns on blue leaves. He hurries over to grab it before anyone else can, not realizing he's heading straight for a fake.

My reasoning: If something has two colors, the larger amount of color is what the other color is on. Michael does not follow the same reasoning.

A vine snakes up out of the ground and prepares to snare Michael...


Warforged Engineer Alchemist 16/Armiger 16 Champion of Creation

Perception:1d20 + 21 ⇒ (3) + 21 = 24

Jim dives through the ground with his fist, popping through every few seconds, flying in an arc with his jetpack to take a look, only to dive back down a few seconds later.. The motion he is going through makes him look rather comical, but it also keeps him a moving target.


Ryuzo Kato wrote:
Clone 1 moves around the wall of thorns to check a different part of the garden...as does clone 2

As clone 2 finds another fake in a rack garden, clone 1 manages to find the right target... surrounded by a pack of sleeping(if plants can sleep) snapdragons in an area covered in dry leaves and brittle twigs.


Male Human (Mole Zoanthrope) 16 Monk/Ninja

The clone reports sucess, Clone 2 heads over and Ryuzo the mole burrows over there under the plant, and retrieves it, while both clones stomp around on the twigs and leaves to occupy the snap dragons' attention.


"A good job, even if you did try to eat the roots." Adsila says as she walks over, already holding a small potted plant. "One of your fellow students is resting at the base of the tree you saw snatch up a student. You may join him if you wish."


Jim sees only a fake target in his general location at the moment, and keeps having to dodge balls of vines being thrown at him.


Warforged Engineer Alchemist 16/Armiger 16 Champion of Creation

Jim is occasionally hit by the odd ball of vines, but it doesn't seem to phase him. He continues looking, giving up his diving motion, instead flying around, trying to find the plant.

Perception1d20 + 21 ⇒ (8) + 21 = 29


Male Human (Mole Zoanthrope) 16 Monk/Ninja

Between squeaks and body language, she gets "I'm a mole, it's what I do..." before he saunters over to the tree, and leans up against it, sunnign his belly.

He's in regular mole form...about the size of a housecat, if not a ltitle smaller


Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^)
Ryuzo Kato wrote:

Between squeaks and body language, she gets "I'm a mole, it's what I do..." before he saunters over to the tree, and leans up against it, sunnign his belly.

He's in regular mole form...about the size of a housecat, if not a ltitle smaller

Opens eyes. Sees mole exposing his 'giblets' to the sun.

[Blink, Blink] (o.O)

Closes eyes and goes back to meditating.

(^-^)


Female Cat, Common SoulKnife 16//Paladin 6 (Divine Defender)/Pyrokineticist 10
Vakkler Relkav wrote:
Jen sees a small reptilian creature enter the classroom and head toward the teacher's desk. It pauses, seeing Jen. "I thought my policy on familiars was fairly clear. Who is your master, cat?"

Jen immediately recognizes the commanding voice of a teacher and straightens up. She sits on her hind legs and tries to go into a proper, upright stance, at a height of two feet.

"Mister Professor Vakkler Doctor Teacher, I don't have a master. I'm here to learn. My name is Jen, and I'm not very knowledgeable on the customs of the upright people. Why does everyone think that I'm a familiar?" Jen tilts her head questioningly.


Now we find out whether Vakkler can resist the inherent adorableness of jen the Cat. ^.^


Image (doesn't have wings)
Michael Dacamara wrote:

"Hey, there's one!" Micahel says, pointing to a potted plant with red patterns on blue leaves. He hurries over to grab it before anyone else can, not realizing he's heading straight for a fake.

My reasoning: If something has two colors, the larger amount of color is what the other color is on. Michael does not follow the same reasoning.

A vine snakes up out of the ground and prepares to snare Michael...

"Michael, wait, that's not the right....one."

"Oh, nuts."

Kitty feels a strange pulling sensation in her mind, like nothing she's ever experienced before, and suddenly the vine attacking Michael is being swarmed by attack squirrels.

Kitty tilts her head and looks disbelieving at the chaos in front of her. "What just happened?"

Kitty's first Summon Nature's Ally. :)

Go go ninja attack squirrels! ;P


Phaezeriel wrote:

Phaezeriel will come close to Vai. His primary mind will cast Minor Creation to produce a robe appropriately sized for Vai, and he will wrap it around her shoulders.

His secondary mind will manifest empathic transfer, transferring 9d10 HP of damage from Vai to himself.

"Or that works too....so, would you like the healing potion now?" Fieri asked handing the vial to Phaeze.


Male Kobold Expert 6/Rogue 4/Fighter 3
Jen the Cat wrote:
Vakkler Relkav wrote:
Jen sees a small reptilian creature enter the classroom and head toward the teacher's desk. It pauses, seeing Jen. "I thought my policy on familiars was fairly clear. Who is your master, cat?"

Jen immediately recognizes the commanding voice of a teacher and straightens up. She sits on her hind legs and tries to go into a proper, upright stance, at a height of two feet.

"Mister Professor Vakkler Doctor Teacher, I don't have a master. I'm here to learn. My name is Jen, and I'm not very knowledgeable on the customs of the upright people. Why does everyone think that I'm a familiar?" Jen tilts her head questioningly.

Vakkler clicks his tongue, frowning. "You...most cats in this school are familiars. All, actually, as far as I know." He tries to recover himself, feeling a bit disoriented at the sight of the cat trying to sit like a humanoid. "My name is Professor Relkav, cat. Vakkler is my first name, and not for use by students. I will cut you some slack, being new to our ways, but how to address an instructor is the first lesson to be learned. What is your name, and what is your nature? Were you awakened by a druid?"


Kitty Tanaka wrote:

"Oh, nuts."

Go go ninja attack squirrels! ;P

This is all I have to say on this subject.

;D


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Cat, Common SoulKnife 16//Paladin 6 (Divine Defender)/Pyrokineticist 10

"Yes Professor Relkav. Thank you for teaching me. You must have an illustrious life, to be granted an entire second name." Jen was already feeling smarter, having learned how to greet a humanoid.

"My name is Jen, and as far as I'm aware, that's the only name that I have. I'm not sure who awakened me, but I think it is the feline gods." She raises her right paw in a circular motion and indicating to the heavens. "They are not very well known about these parts."

The grey ioun stone in her collar hums slightly and adds an illusion of an arrow to help emphasize the point, as it's hard to see where the cat is pointing without fingers.

"I'm sorry that I can't sit on the seat. It's much too low for me, since it's designed for tall humanoids such as yourself." She says this completely straight and with an accompanying paw motion to emphasize the word "tall", without any sarcasm at all.


Male Kobold Expert 6/Rogue 4/Fighter 3

I imagined Jen's 'tall' motion just now and was overwhelmed by adorable.
Vakkler stares. "Um...well...first, I need a surname. As you don't have one, I will refer to you simply as...'Feline'. Your inability to sit in the chair is perfectly acceptable. I will look into procuring one more easily accessible to you later."


Female Cat, Common SoulKnife 16//Paladin 6 (Divine Defender)/Pyrokineticist 10

:)

"I've heard that humanoids of renown have earned surnames for great and valiant deeds. Is that how you earned your title, Professor Relkav?"


Male Kobold Expert 6/Rogue 4/Fighter 3

Vakkler coughs. "Not quite. 'Vakkler' means 'insane' in the kobold tongue. I 'earned' it for being willing to fight alongside derro. My surname is essentially my first name spelled backwards, which is less something I earned and more a mark of shame." He stops. "That's neither here nor there. Welcome to class, Mr. Feline. And welcome to Avalon."


Male Half-Elf
Kitty Tanaka wrote:

Kitty tilts her head and looks disbelieving at the chaos in front of her. "What just happened?"

Kitty's first Summon Nature's Ally. :)

Go go ninja attack squirrels! ;P

"Ah! Where did all these squirrels come from?!" Michael yells as he watches sharp, tiny teeth chew through the vine that was only moments ago around his ankle. "I know I didn't see any in the vegetables!" He scrambles away quickly and back to Kitty, breathing slightly harder.

"Okay, this garden is officially crazy. Normal looking plants that attack you and swarms of squirrel's that pop out of nowhere to attack the plants... I'm pretty close to thinking there's a ley line or wild magic vein around here somewhere."


Female Cat, Common SoulKnife 16//Paladin 6 (Divine Defender)/Pyrokineticist 10

"But Professor Relkav, I'm female. Now I'm confused."

In imitation of many other students that she's spied their heads during difficult exams, she scratches her head with her paw and her face showing an expression of deep thought.


Male Kobold Expert 6/Rogue 4/Fighter 3

"What? Ah. My....my own error, Ms. Feline. I am not an expert in mammal biology."


So much cute! Hugs all around! <(^-^)>


Female Cat, Common SoulKnife 16//Paladin 6 (Divine Defender)/Pyrokineticist 10

Jen isn't prepared for an apology by a humanoid and decides to nod dumbly. "Professor Relkav, my meeting with Professor..." Jen pauses, not knowing Keaton's surname and unsure how to address him. "...with the Theology professor was rather rushed as he was busy, and I didn't get any of the books that I needed. I was wondering, what did I need for this class?"


Male Kobold Expert 6/Rogue 4/Fighter 3

HEY! No hugging in my classroom! >:|


*points to the kitteh*

How can you deny the CUTE!?


Image (doesn't have wings)

"Well, I don't know what a ley line is or anything, but this has taken a turn for the bizarre that's for sure. I felt this strange pulling inside my head and then there were...squirrels," she said a bit nonplussed as the squirrels lined up in front of her as if waiting for inspection.

"Ummm....do you think you could help us find the flowerpot? It has red flowers with blue stripes," she added uncertainly, feeling like she'd just fallen into some sort of strange dream.

The squirrels chittered in unison and then scattered to search the garden.

Squirrel perception check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13


Male Unknown 16 Invulnerable Rager/ 16 Hex Crafter Magus

I deny that the cat is cute.


Male Kobold Expert 6/Rogue 4/Fighter 3
Jen the Cat wrote:
Jen isn't prepared for an apology by a humanoid and decides to nod dumbly. "Professor Relkav, my meeting with Professor..." Jen pauses, not knowing Keaton's surname and unsure how to address him. "...with the Theology professor was rather rushed as he was busy, and I didn't get any of the books that I needed. I was wondering, what did I need for this class?"

"The Theology...ah." Vakkler winces very slightly. "Well, only one book is required for the course. I keep several copies under my desk, so..." The kobold goes behind his desk, and comes out a few seconds later carrying a very thick tome. "This book contains a great deal of history as recounted by various aboleths." He sets it down at Jen's feet with a thump. "We're currently at page eighteen. If the text is too fine, a magnifying glass can be provided."

Shame on you, Enre! DETENTION!


Male Quasit (Demon) Gestalt Vitalist/Psion(Telepath) 16
Vakkler Relkav wrote:
Shame on you, Enre! DETENTION!

+1

Indeed!!!


Male Unknown 16 Invulnerable Rager/ 16 Hex Crafter Magus

Bah Humbug. I dislike cats, give me a dog any day of the week.


Female Cat, Common SoulKnife 16//Paladin 6 (Divine Defender)/Pyrokineticist 10

The book lays there for a few seconds and Jen looks around, confused. Then the grey gem in her collar hums slightly and an invisible hand opens the book to the requisite page. It's so large that she has to place more than half her body over the book to read the text at the top.

"Present and ready to learn!"


Male Kobold Expert 6/Rogue 4/Fighter 3

"Indeed." Vakkler goes back to his desk and sits down. "Now, today we will be learning about the aftermath of the Mite-Derro Skirmish Series. Ms. Feline, as you are new, I placed you on the page which discusses the Series itself. While you read that, I have prepared a small quiz for the rest of the class on what's been learned thus far." The kobold procures a large stack of papers and begins passing them out.


Male Rakshasa Professor of Psychology and Neuroscience

Far from the school, the Rakshasa unfurrows his brow and slumps back onto his chair. Those wards around the school...to pose difficulty to a great being like myself. They could not have been crafted by mortal hands. Bah, all those feline gods. Relegating me to babysitting a mere common cat, when I could...

His thoughts are interrupted mentally by a sharp reply. Your duty is to felines first and to your underworld lords second. Remember that, for though we are lesser gods, we can taketh life as easily as we giveth.


HOLY SCHEMING DEMON CATMAN!
(cwutididthere? ;P)


Female Cat, Common SoulKnife 16//Paladin 6 (Divine Defender)/Pyrokineticist 10

Jen begins to read for the first time in her life, being bestowed the intelligence to do so, though the experience is disconcerting, as she keeps losing her place and has to start over. After a few tries, Jen finally discovers the method of following the line being read with her paw and begins to achieve much greater success.

Once in a while, she comes across an unfamiliar word, as it has been a while since the feline gods were mortal and as a result, their vocabulary has not been updated. Every time, Jen pauses and waits momentarily until the grey gem recognizes her confusion and supplies the correct meaning directly into her thinking.

She spends quite a while trying to flip the page with her paw until the grey gem does it for her, and she is shocked to see that there are more words on the next page.


Female Half-Elf Sorcerer6/Dragon Disciple 9

Vai gasped as Phaezeriel's spell transferred her scrapes and bruises to himself. Her eyes flutter open to see Aananda's face, her strong arms cradling her. She feels warm and safe for just a moment before she remembers what Aegythrax has said about Aananda. She leaps forward and spins breaking Aananda's grip with the sudden movement, all her draconic apphendages growing at once and smoothly. She lands gracefully, using her wings and tail for balance, and snarls at the group before noticing the slack-jawed form of Aegythrax not a few feet away. The transformations start to receed as confusion overrules the adrenaline pumping through Vai's body. Unsure of anything at that moment, Vai asks: "Is... is he dead?" While the tension is still apparently, the fact that the transformations are reverting shows that Vai isn't being hostile anymore.


::Not just yet, dear. I think we'll find some way to take him back with us. Let Krays do the honor. This one," she said, kicking at Aegythrax disdainfully, ::is the sort of creature whose soul I would very much like to be sure of the location of for quite some time. Preferably while it is in screaming agony.::

::Aananda, are your mites done destroying the laboratory equipment yet?::


Male Kobold (Young Adult Black dragon) Gestalt Sorceror/Oracle 16 Necromancer; Champion of Death

And the staff gets more souls to feed on...two dragons amd a...whatever the hell corruption was. Now I'm gonna have to put more thought into the staff/scythe...I would think at this point, the runes would glow whether I wanted them to or not...and yes a soul wandering the a vast void serving as fuel for a magic device is eternal agony...MUAHAHA-...<gets a look from Ephebe> Ahem. Yes, well. It makes an adequate prison.


Female Half-Elf Sorcerer6/Dragon Disciple 9

Vai shudders breifly, remembering what Krays had done to the Corruptor's soul. The transformations now fully reverted, Vai runs and jumps into Aananda's arms, this time returning the embrace with gusto, sobbing with a mixture of relief and joy.

"He-he said that you had betrayed me, he said so many horrible things. I thought it was a nightmare. Th-this isn't a dream right? He... he can't do anything anymore... right?"


Image

"Very nearly," she said looking around.

She sighed. "Vai..."

Her shoulders slumped a little.

And then whatever else she was going to say was cut off by Vai jumping into her arms.

She stroked Vai's hair gently. "Shh. Shh. It's alright. You're safe now. The nightmare is over. He won't hurt you or anyone else ever again."


Male Half-Elf
Kitty Tanaka wrote:
The squirrels chittered in unison and then scattered to search the garden.

"Um, okay, you are definitely going to be good with animals." Michael says as the squirrels go off in their(futile) search. "Come on, let's check around here while the squirrels keep the plants busy."

Too bad my Perception check is only +4. :(


Image (doesn't have wings)
Michael Dacamara wrote:
Kitty Tanaka wrote:
The squirrels chittered in unison and then scattered to search the garden.

"Um, okay, you are definitely going to be good with animals." Michael says as the squirrels go off in their(futile) search. "Come on, let's check around here while the squirrels keep the plants busy."

Too bad my Perception check is only +4. :(

Kitty looked pretty weirded out. "Umm....yeah.....what just happened?" she asked again, rather bewildered.

Perception: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (4) + 21 = 25

Unobservant ninja is unobservant. :/


Image

"Not to rush or anything, but now that we got rid of the big blue menace and Vai is safe, we should get home. Aside from the really wanting to make sure that Phebe and passengers are okay, the longer we hang out here on a planet that isn't ours the greater the likelihood of info leaking out into the Empire that we're not extinct. Presuming Taron hasn't also already taken care of that."


Image

"James Tyrellius Sunwake," she said in a voice filled with exasperation, "if you ever again refer to your impending neices and nephews as 'passengers', so help me I will NOT interfere with whatever plans your sister might come up with to teach you a lesson."

"Just..." she waved towards Aegythrax. "Figure out a way to make the big dragon small so we can take him back with us."


Male Half-Elf

Spellcraft:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
1 point away from figuring it out! XD

"I don't know. I've never seen squirrels act like that." Michael says as yet another fake is found. Before long they find themselves near the koi pong again. "This is so bright too, it's messing with my eyes..."

13,251 to 13,300 of 68,826 << first < prev | 261 | 262 | 263 | 264 | 265 | 266 | 267 | 268 | 269 | 270 | 271 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tales of Agartha: the Avalon Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.