Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

The Avalon Chronicles

Game Master lynora

This is a high level rules light game set in a school for magical kids, kinda a mash-up of Soul Eater, Harry Potter, and X-Men. :)


77,951 to 78,000 of 78,027 << first < prev | 1551 | 1552 | 1553 | 1554 | 1555 | 1556 | 1557 | 1558 | 1559 | 1560 | 1561 | next > last >>

1d100 ⇒ 53

The evacuation started smoothly, but when the soldiers broke through and started attacking the crowds directly, the scene turned to total chaos as several people were trampled by other festival goers attempting to get away. The officials were able to be evacuated safely, and the majority of the crowds of people were able to escape before Fei's nanites abruptly halted the advance of the drow armies.

It's going to take multiple rounds to completely neutralize the drow, but the slaughter is effectively ended unless they find some way to break free.

Finding a guard with a leaf pin is going to be difficult as they fled early enough that they are completely mixed in with the fleeing crowds. Ace can tell that they all went towards the city, along with everyone else. Picking one out from there is going to take time and care.


Image
Kevin Ramos wrote:


"They remain for either 16 minutes or until I decide to dismiss them. Though it seems like the mix of cells and magical energy I use to make these guys is the same that I use for developing modifications on myself, so I can't do both at once."

The little ferret perches in front of Jeran and makes tiny barking noises at him before rolling over.

Jeran reached out and scratched the blue ferret behind the ears, observing how closely it resembled the reactions of an actual animal.

"That's a pretty useful ability to have," Jeran said. "You can have an extra set of paws whenever you need it. Bet that comes in handy in the lab."


Image Cleric (Divine Gunslinger) 16/ Vigilante (Blitz) 16
Jasper Ashti wrote:
Andromeda Sunwake wrote:
An talks him through the very basic steps fairly quickly, humming as she went rather than trying to find the right songs to play. Going over and changing the song repeatedly was too much trouble. She doesn't exactly have the best singing voice, which is apparent even from something as basic as humming. Up to you of course how well and quickly he learns. :)

Jasper picks up the dances fairly well. It takes him a few tries to not step up into the air every third count, but he gets used to it eventually. Once she's hum a song for a few bars, he picks it up, being a natural mimic, literally. At least, half of him is. His voice isn't too bad, but he's right between a baritone and a tenor, which doesn't leave much room for a good range.

"I think I'm starting to get the hang of this."

"Yeah, you're a natural. I think you've already got enough that you won't embarrass yourself at the party. Well, at least not from your dancing," she added with a grin. "Let's try some faster paced music. Honestly, you shouldn't have any trouble with that either. It's mostly about improvisation. I'm not actually that great at improvisation. I know a few moves and I get by that way, but I'm too stiff."


Male Human-Reaper/obitu Death Mage 11/oracle 1/grim reaper 10
Al'rqyq mn Al'kwabys wrote:

"Interesting...well, it was good to meet you, and I wish you both well, but I need to head back to the school. If you need help with anything, you can find me there or out here."

He bows slightly and touches his thumb to his forehead.

grim nods and tells him "nice meeting you too Mr!" Before turning and walking back towards the school.


Male Maftet 16 Stalker (umbral blade)/Dread

Al then jumps up into the air, and flies back to the high school dorms.


Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.
Tybalt Baneko wrote:

The cat flips the coin through the air to Dave.

"Hey, not everyone is made of money."

Dave rolls his eyes "yes well I am, all you've shown is that walking is for poor people" he jokes as he walks into the cafeteria


male goo dragon alchemist 16(spellhammer) / synthesist 16

It seems that without orders being given, it falls back into an animal's level of intelligence, making the small "dook" sound ferrets do as Jeran gives it scritches.

"Yeah, I'm still working on things with thumbs. Seems that the bigger the creature, the harder it is to do. Though things like me are a bit easier. Reptiles, that is."


Male Change-Djinn Wishcraft Sorcerer/ Aerokineticist

"Well, a year behind is better than a few centuries behind, and from another planet." He gives An a bit of a spin as they depart from slow dancing.

"Maybe that's something I could help you with. If there's one thing I am, it's flexible."

He turns a 360 with his top half as his lower half stays planeted, demonstrating.


Male Icy Catfolk Image Warlock/Rogue 16

The cat gets to the line and pats his belly, considering something for a moment before picking up three trays and guiding them along the line.

"It's not always coins though. Coins happen, but experiencing a place is a treasure on its own. Especially here. Every hallway here gets switched and moved around, so you never know what might happen or what you might find."


Image Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^); Champion of Courage
narrator wrote:

The evacuation started smoothly, but when the soldiers broke through and started attacking the crowds directly, the scene turned to total chaos as several people were trampled by other festival goers attempting to get away. The officials were able to be evacuated safely, and the majority of the crowds of people were able to escape before Fei's nanites abruptly halted the advance of the drow armies.

It's going to take multiple rounds to completely neutralize the drow, but the slaughter is effectively ended unless they find some way to break free.

Fei's first group of nanites continues its pursuit of the drow soldiers amongst the civilians until their threat has been neutralized.

As that concludes, the second group of nanites finishes bolstering its ranks with the remnants of the drills, and awaits orders.

Fei turns his attention briefly to the perimeter to ascertain the best point of attack before sending that second, larger nanoswarm tearing into the rear flanks of the drow still engaged with Laeren's defenders. Their mission is the same as the first group - reconstruct the drow's own gear into personal full body restraint, taking them out of the fight without having to kill them.


Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.

Dave shrugs and returns to the food selection, choosing some potatos au gratin and a meatloaf for his first course as well as a few tins of sardines just because they're easy to grab.


Male Icy Catfolk Image Warlock/Rogue 16

The cat pulls one of few traditionally Male moves he ever makes by using the three trays to collect all of the things he wants, a mix of Oriental, Carribean, and Italian food, and taking it all in one trip, a tray on each paw and one balanced on his head.

>_>
<_<

After Dave draws the sardine cans to his attention, Tybalt street-magicians a few of the cans into his endless pockets for later.


Image
Kevin Ramos wrote:

It seems that without orders being given, it falls back into an animal's level of intelligence, making the small "dook" sound ferrets do as Jeran gives it scritches.

"Yeah, I'm still working on things with thumbs. Seems that the bigger the creature, the harder it is to do. Though things like me are a bit easier. Reptiles, that is."

"Well, there are some lizards that are really good at gripping things, yeah? You could try that. And some types of monkeys are really, really small, so you might be able to make that work. Or even a snake. I mean, that kind of tail can probably do a lot, so if reptiles are easier, you just need to get creative about how you use them, right?" Jeran asked, absently continuing to play with the ferret as he spoke.


Image Cleric (Divine Gunslinger) 16/ Vigilante (Blitz) 16
Jasper Ashti wrote:

"Well, a year behind is better than a few centuries behind, and from another planet." He gives An a bit of a spin as they depart from slow dancing.

"Maybe that's something I could help you with. If there's one thing I am, it's flexible."

He turns a 360 with his top half as his lower half stays planeted, demonstrating.

She laughed. "I can see that. I'm not that flexible even in dragon form," she said, shaking her head as she turned the music back on. "But I get what you're saying. And I can use the help. Come on, I'll show you what little I know, and then you can kind of get the idea of how these dances go. But I bet you anything you'll be showing off and wowing the crowd before the evening is over."


Fei, of the Sun Soul wrote:
narrator wrote:

The evacuation started smoothly, but when the soldiers broke through and started attacking the crowds directly, the scene turned to total chaos as several people were trampled by other festival goers attempting to get away. The officials were able to be evacuated safely, and the majority of the crowds of people were able to escape before Fei's nanites abruptly halted the advance of the drow armies.

It's going to take multiple rounds to completely neutralize the drow, but the slaughter is effectively ended unless they find some way to break free.

Fei's first group of nanites continues its pursuit of the drow soldiers amongst the civilians until their threat has been neutralized.

As that concludes, the second group of nanites finishes bolstering its ranks with the remnants of the drills, and awaits orders.

Fei turns his attention briefly to the perimeter to ascertain the best point of attack before sending that second, larger nanoswarm tearing into the rear flanks of the drow still engaged with Laeren's defenders. Their mission is the same as the first group - reconstruct the drow's own gear into personal full body restraint, taking them out of the fight without having to kill them.

1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26

1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21
1d20 + 24 ⇒ (15) + 24 = 39

The squads among the civilians are neutralized before they understand what is going on, but the squads that are fighting with Laeren's defenders have more time to notice things. The first squad tries to retreat, but doesn't make it before being locked into their own armor. The second squad breaks and completely loses all sense of order, making their resistance totally disorganized and ineffective. The third squad tears off their armor as they break away in an orderly fashion, their commander having more success at keeping order, and they are able to retreat, squad still intact.


male goo dragon alchemist 16(spellhammer) / synthesist 16
Jeran Darkclaw wrote:
"Well, there are some lizards that are really good at gripping things, yeah? You could try that. And some types of monkeys are really, really small, so you might be able to make that work. Or even a snake. I mean, that kind of tail can probably do a lot, so if reptiles are easier, you just need to get creative about how you use them, right?" Jeran asked, absently continuing to play with the ferret as he spoke.

The ferret has decided to make a small tunnel system under Jeran's linen napkin, burrowing under and poking his head out of one side with a little bark before going to another, thinking Jeran couldn't seem him moving under the napkin in between appearances.

"Yeah, I didn't think about that. Chameleons hold onto stuff pretty well, now that I think about it."


Male Change-Djinn Wishcraft Sorcerer/ Aerokineticist

He laughs a bit at assuming he'd be a show off.

"I'm not going to deny it, but we'll see how things go. Maybe we can work something out to really impress folks together, eh?"

He puts his hands on his hips as he's ready for the next lesson.


Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.

Dave snickers at the purloined snacks and pokes the cat with his fork "I saw that." He teases before returning to his own food, his feet proped up in a chair, happily relaxed


Male Icy Catfolk Image Warlock/Rogue 16

The cat of course has to ice-ray down everything that's served hot before starting to demolish his small buffet.

"Not fair. You see everything. You can even see me when I'm invisible, right?"


Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.

Dave nods and swallows a couple fish whole "if you're close enough yeah..... I can probably tell you're there even if you're farther away but I can only see through your invisibility outright if you're within a little over thirty, maybe thirty five meters"


Female Human
Florence Levitt wrote:
narrator wrote:
** spoiler omitted **
"This place seems wonderfully complex. A pity it's gone, isn't it?"

"Wow..." Robin whispers, eyes full of wonder. "It seems almost real." She brushes a hand against a wall. "How is stuff like this even possible? I mean, I know, magic, but this doesn't seem like magic..."

Can the SIM room be mentally commanded, or does it require verbal instruction?


narrator wrote:
The squads among the civilians are neutralized before they understand what is going on, but the squads that are fighting with Laeren's defenders have more time to notice things. The first squad tries to retreat, but doesn't make it before being locked into their own armor. The second squad breaks and completely loses all sense of order, making their resistance totally disorganized and ineffective. The third squad tears off their armor as they break away in an orderly fashion, their commander having more success at keeping order, and they are able to retreat, squad still intact.

Lyn:
I'm reading this to mean that the second and third drow squads are still engaged with the Laeren defenders, but only the third squad is providing any effective opposition. Am I correct on that?

Imperial Chronicler wrote:
narrator wrote:
The squads among the civilians are neutralized before they understand what is going on, but the squads that are fighting with Laeren's defenders have more time to notice things. The first squad tries to retreat, but doesn't make it before being locked into their own armor. The second squad breaks and completely loses all sense of order, making their resistance totally disorganized and ineffective. The third squad tears off their armor as they break away in an orderly fashion, their commander having more success at keeping order, and they are able to retreat, squad still intact.
** spoiler omitted **

Spoiler:
The third squad are the only ones with sufficient mobility to still be effectively engaged with the defenders, but they are currently retreating due to a smart commander. The first squad is immobilized. The second squad is partially immobilized and doing a very bad job of holding things together as they are engaged with the defenders.

Both Doppelganger Except younger looking Factotum 16/Taskshaper 6/Chameleon 10(Gestalt)

Seeing one of the squad's in retreat, Ace-wolf lets out a snarling growl, and charges the commander, leaping mid air. He'll attempt to pin the leader under his massive form.

How you wanna handle this Lyn? Ace is currently the size of a horse or thereabouts, as he's a dire wolf. Not sure what to roll, if anything lol


Image Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^); Champion of Courage

As Fei watches Casilkasheyith reappear and lunge at the retreating squad's commander, he uses some of his nanites in the area to communicate to the leader of the loyal Laeren defenders without having to shout over the din of battle (and hopefully not alerting the drow to his plans).

"Do you want to let the retreating group go, or be apprehended?"


Male Icy Catfolk Image Warlock/Rogue 16
David.De'Foul wrote:
Dave nods and swallows a couple fish whole "if you're close enough yeah..... I can probably tell you're there even if you're farther away but I can only see through your invisibility outright if you're within a little over thirty, maybe thirty five meters"

The cat gives a mischievous Cheshire-smile. "Noted."

He thinks about something. "Oh, one last question about your party. I know it's a Sim room party, but did you want it simulated inside or outside? I have a couple ideas for both."


Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.

Dave strokes his chin "uh, maybe like a pavilion-y sort of thing? so kinda both?"


"Ace" wrote:

Seeing one of the squad's in retreat, Ace-wolf lets out a snarling growl, and charges the commander, leaping mid air. He'll attempt to pin the leader under his massive form.

How you wanna handle this Lyn? Ace is currently the size of a horse or thereabouts, as he's a dire wolf. Not sure what to roll, if anything lol

Roll CMB. It will probably work, but it's not guaranteed against that particular NPC. :)


Robin O'Meara wrote:
Florence Levitt wrote:
narrator wrote:
** spoiler omitted **
"This place seems wonderfully complex. A pity it's gone, isn't it?"

"Wow..." Robin whispers, eyes full of wonder. "It seems almost real." She brushes a hand against a wall. "How is stuff like this even possible? I mean, I know, magic, but this doesn't seem like magic..."

Can the SIM room be mentally commanded, or does it require verbal instruction?

It can accept general telepathic commands, but they have to be the kind that anyone can 'hear', the ones that are just generally projected outwards. You can't give it secret commands.


Fei, of the Sun Soul wrote:

As Fei watches Casilkasheyith reappear and lunge at the retreating squad's commander, he uses some of his nanites in the area to communicate to the leader of the loyal Laeren defenders without having to shout over the din of battle (and hopefully not alerting the drow to his plans).

"Do you want to let the retreating group go, or be apprehended?"

"I...uh.....think we've got plenty already," came the hesitant reply


Both Doppelganger Except younger looking Factotum 16/Taskshaper 6/Chameleon 10(Gestalt)

1d20 + 44 ⇒ (5) + 44 = 49 CMB check, spending a Moment of Inspiration to add Int to my roll. I also add Int to all my check Str checks via Brains over Brawn. The first bonus is a competence one, whereas the constant bonus is untyped so they stack.


Image Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^); Champion of Courage
narrator wrote:
"I...uh.....think we've got plenty already," came the hesitant reply

"Very well," Fei replies.

The young monk redirects the nanites harassing the third squad to cut those troops off from their commander (as well as Casilkasheyith) and rout them.


Male Icy Catfolk Image Warlock/Rogue 16

Tybalt nods and takes a second from destroying his meal to write that down on a notepad, crossing some things out and circling others with a fancy silver pen.


"Ace" wrote:
1d20+44 CMB check, spending a Moment of Inspiration to add Int to my roll. I also add Int to all my check Str checks via Brains over Brawn. The first bonus is a competence one, whereas the constant bonus is untyped so they stack.

Lol. Why do I even ask? :P

Yes, that will definitely do the job, even with the extra bonuses the commander has.

Ace is able to pin down the drow commander in spite of their valiant efforts to roll away from him.


Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.

Dave looks on amused and glances at the notes, wondering what else is planned


Male Icy Catfolk Image Warlock/Rogue 16

The cat sticks his tongue out as he shows you his note pad looking profoundly blank, despite being the same page he was writing on. There aren't even any depressions on the page to indicate he was just using invisible ink.

"Magic Secret Pen, Birthday Boy. Only readable by the person that wrote it. I invented this one."


Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.

Dave totally has magic sight and is very unused to things being hidden from his senses..... he's totally pouting now.


Male Icy Catfolk Image Warlock/Rogue 16

The cat ruffles the feathers on Dave's wing that he can reach good naturedly.
"You'll find out, Shiny. You want to be a little surprised at your party, don't you?"

Sovereign Court

Male Firebird (looks like this but with blood red hair) Blight Druid (fey follower) 13/warlock 13
Talysmyn wrote:
Lucas Svarog wrote:
"I'm just saying, it's hard not to evesdrop for those of us with enhanced senses"
"Thank you! I tried explaining that earlier, but I may not have been quite so...er....well, there were a lot more words involved and it may have been a little bit confusing," Lyzzie said with a shrug, embarrassed that she didn't know the right word to say.

after a somewhat several month long pause Lucas collects himself and responds, his voice charming and smooth, ignoring the newcomer who had either fallen silent or ended up being an illusion or something "Not to worry my dear, I've taken classes on public and private speaking from the tutors my parents hired. I'm told such is uncommon, so it's natural we would each have different skill sets, but if it's something you would like to learn how to do better, I'm sure there are pleanty of opportunities here, maybe you could take a creative writing or public speaking class or get one of the newly disenfranchised former nobility flocking the school to help you"


Female Human

Robin is still waiting on Florence.


Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.

Dave grumbles half heartedly under his breath before swallowing. "Yeah yeah, I guess. Hard not to try to figure out anyway though" he does look pleased by the wing rub though

Dark Archive

Male Human (half forged) 11 invincable iron man/11 generator
narrator wrote:
Arthur Barren wrote:

"Maybe a song?" Arthur drolls and rolls his eyes but then after a pause he says"or perhaps the euphoria of success and innovation! Are you any good at building things? If not how good are you at following instruction?"

in short, are you minion material? Lol
"I am extremely good at following instructions. It was a necessary part of my duties as an assassin," Djalos says flatly. "But I am not....I am unsure of the precise term. I currently possess free will. I am supposed to be practicing using it. I think. It's very confusing." At this point they have reached the library and Djalos steers the group through the stacks on a fairly circuitous route towards the section where they had been sorting out the rare documents for clues about Adon's problem.

Arthur glosses over the thoughts of "currently" having free will, the implications at once too obvious and disturbing as he walks into the library "how does one "practice" free will? Just go out and find something you like, hopefully something you're also good at, and then just do it."


Female Human (three-tailed)
Robin O'Meara wrote:
Florence Levitt wrote:
narrator wrote:
** spoiler omitted **
"This place seems wonderfully complex. A pity it's gone, isn't it?"
"Wow..." Robin whispers, eyes full of wonder. "It seems almost real." She brushes a hand against a wall. "How is stuff like this even possible? I mean, I know, magic, but this doesn't seem like magic..."

"can't say I know. I'm not a magical expert."

I think it's all verbal.


Both Doppelganger Except younger looking Factotum 16/Taskshaper 6/Chameleon 10(Gestalt)

Ace sits his considerable bulk (800lbs) on the commander. He shifts his vocal cords around and calls out to Fei. "Got one of the commanders. What should I do with him?" Using Better Than You to gain Wild Speech, so I can talk while still in wolf form.

If Fei is too far away, Ace will instead call out to a nearby solider or whoever else is nearby, and tell them to get Fei.


Female Human

Robin continues to meander through the simulation, gawking at the wonderful sights and sounds of the sun. She fumbles for a conversation topic, starting a sentence, then stopping, then muttering "nevermind," before finally settling on, "Sorry if this is personal, but why'd you come to Avalon?"


Female Human (three-tailed)

Flourence meanders behind Robin. "I was wandering the world and decided to settle here a while."


Image Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^); Champion of Courage
"Ace" wrote:
Ace sits his considerable bulk (800lbs) on the commander. He shifts his vocal cords around and calls out to Fei. "Got one of the commanders. What should I do with him?"

Assuming the rest of the rank and file troops are in full retreat, Fei sends some the nanite swarm harassing them back to the remaining dropped piles of armor, where they quickly assimilate the material and then assemble into an intricate restraint harness around the pinned commander.

"Perhaps it would be best to isolate him and the other leaders we have captured from the rest of the troops," the young monk offers.


Female Human

"Oh. Any, um, interesting stories? Believe it or not, being captured by a cult is surprisingly mundane, at least for the most part. I never really got a chance to see the world before arriving here."


Female Human (three-tailed)
Robin O'Meara wrote:
"Oh. Any, um, interesting stories? Believe it or not, being captured by a cult is surprisingly mundane, at least for the most part. I never really got a chance to see the world before arriving here."

"Well... Ooh, there was that one time I visited a volcano, and that other where I wrestled a bear, or that time where I went up a mountain so high I could look down on the clouds."


Male Icy Catfolk Image Warlock/Rogue 16

The cat pats that wing as he clears out a bowl of jerk chicken and white rice in what has to be be record time.

He speaks through what's left of it as he glances at his notebook once more.
"Wuh kiyah cak oo you ike? *Gulp* What kinda cake do you like?"

77,951 to 78,000 of 78,027 << first < prev | 1551 | 1552 | 1553 | 1554 | 1555 | 1556 | 1557 | 1558 | 1559 | 1560 | 1561 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tales of Agartha: the Avalon Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.