Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

The Avalon Chronicles

Game Master lynora

This is a high level rules light game set in a school for magical kids, kinda a mash-up of Soul Eater, Harry Potter, and X-Men. :)


77,151 to 77,200 of 77,489 << first < prev | 1539 | 1540 | 1541 | 1542 | 1543 | 1544 | 1545 | 1546 | 1547 | 1548 | 1549 | next > last >>

male human gestalt fighter 15/duelist 9, rouge 5, monk 1
Sadie Jhiwoon wrote:
Adon Derro wrote:
Sadie Jhiwoon wrote:
Adon Derro wrote:
Sadie Jhiwoon wrote:
"not much, but some. I got into some fights with some last year. Pretty sure Jeran would answer your questions if you...

"Hm, I suppose. But asking them how they shift might be like asking somone how they breathe. An entuerly out of p-"

he rather suddenly pauses, then smiles. It isn't a comfortable smile. In fact, his teeth seem to have actuslly sharpened a bit.
"... You got into some fights?"
Sadie shrugged. "I was dealing with some anger issues poorly and they were picking on Zren and Rikken. Not my best self that's for sure, and I ended up in a situation that made me take a long, hard look at what I was becoming. And I realized that becoming a monster wasn't the answer."

"... Ah. Alright."

he smiles a tad less.
"Sorry to hear that."
"It's not like I'm against fighting. I just want to do it for better reasons. Not just because I have a chip on my shoulder. Protecting my friends was a good reason. I just lost track of it along the way. Nobody's fault but mine really. No need to be sorry about it."

"You're a better person then I'll ever Be."


Male Firebird Monk (Master of Many Styles, Martial Artist) 16 // Firebender 8/Earthbender 8
Pyra del Sol wrote:

Pyra smiled as she gently picked Chara up. "Yes, sweetie. Less sad now. But sad comes and goes, and I will probably be sad again sometimes because I miss my little brother. But it means a lot to me that you were working hard to help me feel better, baby."

Ardiente smiles a warm greeting at Pyra "Good morning Mrs del Sol. I hope our kitchen shenanigans didn't wake you?"


constants:
detect magic, analyze dewomer on anything dubbed significant.
male Icy Catfolk Warlock/Rogue 16

"I really like shiny things. But I'm not that much of a fairy. Only like an 8th. So I do have a little taste."

He tucks things into the hoodie pocket of his shirt as he pays for them, but they never seem to hit the bottom of it.


Male Elf Slayer 16

Dangit! Sorry, Morrivan's post got lost in the cavalcade of posts.

"Is this the dormitory of Melody Waverider?" Djalos asks stiffly, looking past Morrivan's shoulder. His thumb brushes the simple iron band around his wrist, and Morrivan almost feels like a light breeze flows through and past her into the room.


Male Shaman(Nature) 6/Green Faith Acolyte 10/Ranger(Spell-Less) 16(Gestalt)
Asha Soleil wrote:
Asha laughed. "Well, it's nice to know I'm not the only one who finds that idea difficult." She had finished every last crumb of her breakfast now and seemed to be more cheerful as a result. "It's too bad Hunnin can't teach me how to control this phasing thing....well, really, it's too bad nobody seems to be able to teach me. So far it's a whole lot of we don't actually understand how this works and you should go see this person, no, I don't know either, go see this person, and so on. It's not magic and it's not psi-on-ic," she said, sounding the syllables of the unfamiliar word out, "and that's all they know."

Silinrul is quiet for a few moments, thinking "Hmm, I'm not aware of anything else it could be, but I do know of a spell that could possibly point us in the right direct. If that doesn't work, I have a few other ideas, but they may not be as reliable."


Image
Kevin Ramos wrote:
Jeran Darkclaw wrote:
"There are people that collect bugs?" Jeran asked, surprised at the idea. "Like, not to eat? Just to keep them?" He shook his head, trying to get past such a strange idea. "And there's nothing really wrong with being a jello dragon. It's a little hard to read your body language and such....it's....there's not the same kind of smell....it's kind of a wolf thing. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it eventually. Basically I should stop talking now before I make more of an idiot of myself," he says, turning away and rubbing the back of his neck.

The dragon laughs and takes the aquarium into his arms.

"No, no, it's uh... It's cute. We can be awkward together, right?"
He adjusts the terrarium as the jelly blob shifts to one side, almost losing his hat before Kevin adjusts it back the other way.
"You wanna take him back to your room?"

"Uh, now? I mean sure, I guess. I just....misunderstood, I guess? I mean, you did ask me to show you some mechanical stuff, right? Uh, but if it works better I can take him back to my room and come back..."


Image Cleric (Divine Gunslinger) 16/ Vigilante (Blitz) 16
Jasper Ashti wrote:


With the spell cast, Jasper immediately teleports to Andromeda, or at least next to her in that instant if she's still moving.

Teleporting next to Andromeda proves to be its own challenge as she is moving around the cavern at supersonic speeds and absolutely zero idea how to slow down, so it takes a few tries to get close.

He can try and use wind to slow her down, or he can try to catch her, which might sting a bit, or some other strategy I haven't already thought of. :)


Image
Adon Derro wrote:
Sadie Jhiwoon wrote:


"It's not like I'm against fighting. I just want to do it for better reasons. Not just because I have a chip on my shoulder. Protecting my friends was a good reason. I just lost track of it along the way. Nobody's fault but mine really. No need to be sorry about it."

"You're a better person then I'll ever Be."

"I think that you don't give yourself enough credit. You haven't had a lot of positive relationships in your life before so you haven't had as much reason to worry about other people. But things are different now. You have friends. You have a place to belong. You have better reasons if you look. Don't sell yourself short. I don't believe that you're a bad person, Adon."


Image
Ardiente 'Scorch' wrote:
Pyra del Sol wrote:

Pyra smiled as she gently picked Chara up. "Yes, sweetie. Less sad now. But sad comes and goes, and I will probably be sad again sometimes because I miss my little brother. But it means a lot to me that you were working hard to help me feel better, baby."

Ardiente smiles a warm greeting at Pyra "Good morning Mrs del Sol. I hope our kitchen shenanigans didn't wake you?"

She shook her head. "Not exactly. The smell of food woke me, but that's certainly nothing to complain about. This is exactly the sort of day that calls for cookies for breakfast. Thank you for helping," she said kindly.


Image
Djalos Tyon wrote:

Dangit! Sorry, Morrivan's post got lost in the cavalcade of posts.

"Is this the dormitory of Melody Waverider?" Djalos asks stiffly, looking past Morrivan's shoulder. His thumb brushes the simple iron band around his wrist, and Morrivan almost feels like a light breeze flows through and past her into the room.

"Uh, yeah. Hang on." She leaned back and called out, "Mel! Someone to see you! Dunno who it is. He's got some kind of blindfold on."


Image
Silinrul wrote:
Asha Soleil wrote:
Asha laughed. "Well, it's nice to know I'm not the only one who finds that idea difficult." She had finished every last crumb of her breakfast now and seemed to be more cheerful as a result. "It's too bad Hunnin can't teach me how to control this phasing thing....well, really, it's too bad nobody seems to be able to teach me. So far it's a whole lot of we don't actually understand how this works and you should go see this person, no, I don't know either, go see this person, and so on. It's not magic and it's not psi-on-ic," she said, sounding the syllables of the unfamiliar word out, "and that's all they know."
Silinrul is quiet for a few moments, thinking "Hmm, I'm not aware of anything else it could be, but I do know of a spell that could possibly point us in the right direct. If that doesn't work, I have a few other ideas, but they may not be as reliable."

"Well, I don't see why not. I mean, it's not like anyone else has any ideas. Mostly because they've been too busy. There do seem to be an awful lot of things going wrong at any given time here," she observed.


male human gestalt fighter 15/duelist 9, rouge 5, monk 1
Sadie Jhiwoon wrote:
Adon Derro wrote:
Sadie Jhiwoon wrote:


"It's not like I'm against fighting. I just want to do it for better reasons. Not just because I have a chip on my shoulder. Protecting my friends was a good reason. I just lost track of it along the way. Nobody's fault but mine really. No need to be sorry about it."

"You're a better person then I'll ever Be."
"I think that you don't give yourself enough credit. You haven't had a lot of positive relationships in your life before so you haven't had as much reason to worry about other people. But things are different now. You have friends. You have a place to belong. You have better reasons if you look. Don't sell yourself short. I don't believe that you're a bad person, Adon."

"I'd hardly call myself a good person, either. I'm... rarely happy when i'm not fighting. And when i am, i get... manic."


male goo dragon alchemist 16(spellhammer) / synthesist 16
Jeran Darkclaw wrote:
"Uh, now? I mean sure, I guess. I just....misunderstood, I guess? I mean, you did ask me to show you some mechanical stuff, right? Uh, but if it works better I can take him back to my room and come back..."

"Oh! Yeah. I wasn't sure if we were gonna do that here or somewhere else."

He sets the box back down on the work bench.

"We can do that first. He's not going anywhere. You thought of a name yet, by the way? He can't exactly wear a collar, but we could get it put on his hat maybe."


Male Change-Djinn Wishcraft Sorcerer/ Aerokineticist
Andromeda Sunwake wrote:

Teleporting next to Andromeda proves to be its own challenge as she is moving around the cavern at supersonic speeds and absolutely zero idea how to slow down, so it takes a few tries to get close.

He can try and use wind to slow her down, or he can try to catch her, which might sting a bit, or some other strategy I haven't already thought of. :)

As soon as she moves past him, he moves into the line she's running and makes a strong gust against the direction she's running, also adopting a centaur's lower half for just a moment to brace himself and slow her down without both of them getting knocked over. If the wind doesn't quite stop her enough, he's also ready to go into Gaseous Form to prevent serious harm.


Image
Adon Derro wrote:
Sadie Jhiwoon wrote:
Adon Derro wrote:
Sadie Jhiwoon wrote:


"It's not like I'm against fighting. I just want to do it for better reasons. Not just because I have a chip on my shoulder. Protecting my friends was a good reason. I just lost track of it along the way. Nobody's fault but mine really. No need to be sorry about it."

"You're a better person then I'll ever Be."
"I think that you don't give yourself enough credit. You haven't had a lot of positive relationships in your life before so you haven't had as much reason to worry about other people. But things are different now. You have friends. You have a place to belong. You have better reasons if you look. Don't sell yourself short. I don't believe that you're a bad person, Adon."
"I'd hardly call myself a good person, either. I'm... rarely happy when i'm not fighting. And when i am, i get... manic."

"Like I said, there's nothing wrong with fighting. I just think it's important to do it for reasons that you can live with, that won't make you and the people you care about unhappy. As best you can. We all mess up sometimes. It's okay to be happy when you're doing something you're good at. It's okay to be happy about other things too. I think maybe you just need more practice at being happy," she said with a grin.


Image
Kevin Ramos wrote:
Jeran Darkclaw wrote:
"Uh, now? I mean sure, I guess. I just....misunderstood, I guess? I mean, you did ask me to show you some mechanical stuff, right? Uh, but if it works better I can take him back to my room and come back..."

"Oh! Yeah. I wasn't sure if we were gonna do that here or somewhere else."

He sets the box back down on the work bench.

"We can do that first. He's not going anywhere. You thought of a name yet, by the way? He can't exactly wear a collar, but we could get it put on his hat maybe."

"I don't think I've ever named anything before," he said, doubtfully. "I'm pretty sure anything I come up with is gonna sound really stupid."

"I'm kinda overthinking this, aren't I?"


Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.

David shrugs as he picks our a gleaming set of scales and a jeweler's glass


Image Cleric (Divine Gunslinger) 16/ Vigilante (Blitz) 16
Jasper Ashti wrote:
Andromeda Sunwake wrote:

Teleporting next to Andromeda proves to be its own challenge as she is moving around the cavern at supersonic speeds and absolutely zero idea how to slow down, so it takes a few tries to get close.

He can try and use wind to slow her down, or he can try to catch her, which might sting a bit, or some other strategy I haven't already thought of. :)

As soon as she moves past him, he moves into the line she's running and makes a strong gust against the direction she's running, also adopting a centaur's lower half for just a moment to brace himself and slow her down without both of them getting knocked over. If the wind doesn't quite stop her enough, he's also ready to go into Gaseous Form to prevent serious harm.

Slowing her down with wind, and bracing himself to catch her, he's able to halt An's dizzying race around the cavern, but not without both of them sliding into what looks like a large pile of junk. An laid still, having trouble adjusting back to slower speed. "That was....interesting," she said weakly. "Thanks. I wasn't sure howI was ever going to stop."


male goo dragon alchemist 16(spellhammer) / synthesist 16

£^€÷¢! I had a whole post and my browser glitched and moved the back button under my finger instead of submit.

Kevin puts his hand on Jeran's shoulder and smiles.

"Hey man, you don't always have to be so hard on yourself. We all need to learn to be good to ourselves, cause sometimes ourself is all we're gonna have. I know that better than most. So, whatever you decide to name him, well, I say 'him.' Oozes don't have genders. Whatever it is is gonna be great. And I promise no matter what it is, he won't respond to it anyways, cause they also don't understand language. So you may as well have fun with it."


male human gestalt fighter 15/duelist 9, rouge 5, monk 1
Sadie Jhiwoon wrote:
Adon Derro wrote:
Sadie Jhiwoon wrote:
Adon Derro wrote:
Sadie Jhiwoon wrote:


"It's not like I'm against fighting. I just want to do it for better reasons. Not just because I have a chip on my shoulder. Protecting my friends was a good reason. I just lost track of it along the way. Nobody's fault but mine really. No need to be sorry about it."

"You're a better person then I'll ever Be."
"I think that you don't give yourself enough credit. You haven't had a lot of positive relationships in your life before so you haven't had as much reason to worry about other people. But things are different now. You have friends. You have a place to belong. You have better reasons if you look. Don't sell yourself short. I don't believe that you're a bad person, Adon."
"I'd hardly call myself a good person, either. I'm... rarely happy when i'm not fighting. And when i am, i get... manic."
"Like I said, there's nothing wrong with fighting. I just think it's important to do it for reasons that you can live with, that won't make you and the people you care about unhappy. As best you can. We all mess up sometimes. It's okay to be happy when you're doing something you're good at. It's okay to be happy about other things too. I think maybe you just need more practice at being happy," she said with a grin.

adon chuckles a little at that. "maybe you're right."


Image
Kevin Ramos wrote:


Kevin puts his hand on Jeran's shoulder and smiles.

"Hey man, you don't always have to be so hard on yourself. We all need to learn to be good to ourselves, cause sometimes ourself is all we're gonna have. I know that better than most. So, whatever you decide to name him, well, I say 'him.' Oozes don't have genders. Whatever it is is gonna be great. And I promise no matter what it is, he won't respond to it anyways, cause they also don't understand language. So you may as well have fun with it."

Jeran relaxed a little. "Yeah, I guess you're right. Not every decision has to be a big deal. Fun, huh? So I can just call him Jigglypuff and that's all good cause it's okay if it sounds stupid? Probably just as well he'll never understand it though. Cause that would definitely make him sound less cool to the other oozes," he joked.


constants:
detect magic, analyze dewomer on anything dubbed significant.
male Icy Catfolk Warlock/Rogue 16

Before long, Tybalt has all his things gathered, hopefully before the resistance spell wears off.

"Ok, I think I have everything I need from here. You wanna see anything else before we go?"


Male Change-Djinn Wishcraft Sorcerer/ Aerokineticist
Andromeda Sunwake wrote:
Slowing her down with wind, and bracing himself to catch her, he's able to halt An's dizzying race around the cavern, but not without both of them sliding into what looks like a large pile of junk. An laid still, having trouble adjusting back to slower speed. "That was....interesting," she said weakly. "Thanks. I wasn't sure howI was ever going to stop."

Jasper lays next to her, breathing hard with all the very sudden magic he'd expended just now.

"Hoo. That was something. Are you ok? What even was that?"

His centauric lower half fades away, bringing him back to just one extra set of limbs.


male goo dragon alchemist 16(spellhammer) / synthesist 16

Kevin laughs at the fairly nonsequitor name. "Yeah, that's perfect. Definitely more creative than my first time." He pokes at his lab coat pocket. "This one's name is just Jello. Most of the ones I make are temporary, so they don't stick around long enough to need a name."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Image Cleric (Divine Gunslinger) 16/ Vigilante (Blitz) 16
Jasper Ashti wrote:
Andromeda Sunwake wrote:
Slowing her down with wind, and bracing himself to catch her, he's able to halt An's dizzying race around the cavern, but not without both of them sliding into what looks like a large pile of junk. An laid still, having trouble adjusting back to slower speed. "That was....interesting," she said weakly. "Thanks. I wasn't sure howI was ever going to stop."

Jasper lays next to her, breathing hard with all the very sudden magic he'd expended just now.

"Hoo. That was something. Are you ok? What even was that?"

His centauric lower half fades away, bringing him back to just one extra set of limbs.

"Pretty sure I'm okay. My feet kinda hurt. I think my shoes burned up from the friction. But other than that....I don't really know what happened. I've never done that before. Ephebe can go really fast for a short sprint, but not for very far. I think I would have kept going until I collapsed from exhaustion if you hadn't stopped me. And even then, I'm pretty sure that stopping was going to cause a major mess and some definite injuries to me and others."

The trash pile shifted a bit beneath them and a creature emerged from it, looking down at both of them. It had a face like a wizened apple, and stringy scraggly hair. It wasn't totally clear I it had two legs or four, but it stood all hunched over. Which it turned out was because of the massive pile of stuff strapped to its back.
"Ooh-hoo-hoo!" it crowed. "Customers! Mogra is happy! Mogra can find just what you need!"

The creature started rummaging through the pile and came up with various small 'treasures' that it started to heap on top of them. An struggled to sit up as she was buried in tutus and half-dragon barbies and marbles and sparkling tiaras and fluffy teddy bears.
You can fill in whatever kind of childhood treasures she drops on Jasper. :)

"Uh, no, this isn't really what I...I mean this stuff is all very nice and all, but what I really need is....oh. Well, this actually," she said picking up a socket wrench. "This is exactly what I need. Something that Dave will like getting for his birthday. A wrench that can cast make whole several times a day is perfect," she said, surprised, holding the treasure up for Jasper to see.


Male Shaman(Nature) 6/Green Faith Acolyte 10/Ranger(Spell-Less) 16(Gestalt)

Standing, the young shaman offers Asha his hand "Come outside with me then, as I find being among nature calms and focuses me."

Assuming she joins him, Silinrul leads her to a quite, out of the spot in amongst the trees. He sits down on the ground, Hunnin perched above him on a tree. "This is going to take some time, but I am hoping it will be worth it" He closes his eyes, and begins the minor ritual, speaking in Sylvan.

He's casting Divination which takes 10 minutes, and has an 86% chance of success. He's going to ask "What's the best way to help Asha learn to control her ability to go ethereal" 1-14 gets nothing 1d100 ⇒ 45


Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.
Tybalt Baneko wrote:

Before long, Tybalt has all his things gathered, hopefully before the resistance spell wears off.

"Ok, I think I have everything I need from here. You wanna see anything else before we go?"

David grabs a tool to help them draw more percise lines "I think we are good"


Male Change-Djinn Wishcraft Sorcerer/ Aerokineticist

"Growing into your powers, eh? It can be tough. There was a while where I couldn't make a hand gesture without blowing everything I was pointing at away. I'm sure you'll get used to it quick. And moving that fast should definitely help with homework."

Jasper looks up at the wizened creature they had landed on, not surprised by much at this point.

"Oh, excuse us. Didn't realize- uh, oh, thank you. Oh cool! I didn't know anyone else made these."

Jasper is mostly offered paper things and figurines with minimal moving joints, pretty well illustrating the different levels of civilization they grew up in.
When Ephebe looks over at him again, all of his fingers are topped with folded paper claws, and he makes a little alien growling sound as he holds a tiny figurine of a camel awkwardly in one claw while he opens and closes his other claws over its head. He stops when he notices Andromeda looking at him and very obviously flaps his hands, trying to shake the claws off to little success.
"Uuuh, nothing."
He hides one of his hands as he continues to try and pull them off, the other going under his chin in a fist, still clawed.
He nods, and answers, trying to shift the focus from what he was doing before.
"Mmhm, yeah, perfect. For his boat thing. Definitely."


constants:
detect magic, analyze dewomer on anything dubbed significant.
male Icy Catfolk Warlock/Rogue 16

"Oh, I do have one of those, but extras can't hurt. Measure twice enchant once and all."

He gets his last things in order and leads them to a less busy side ride.

"Oooookay. Got all the supplies," he says, checking things off on little notebook.
"It's just about 2 here, so at Lenny's it's aboooout," he mutters a little bit about what planets compare temporally to others, making connections as he figures out that it's, "10 o clock there. Oh, he runs at the same time as Agartha. Except it's Tuesday there. Anyways, you ready?"

He offers his hand to take them to their last stop.


Male Human Gestalt Inquisitor/Dragon Knight 16

Ghalen takes a sec to look around, doing a threat assessment, then waits and follows Tyrrin's lead.


Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.

David nods and takes Tybalt's paw, saying "you know, if you keep this up, you might just impress me"


constants:
detect magic, analyze dewomer on anything dubbed significant.
male Icy Catfolk Warlock/Rogue 16

The cat guy giggles and takes his hand, directing them both out of where they were and to a new solar system, planet, and place entirely, this time much further along in development than the simple market. A clean cobblestone streets too narrow for any carriages is surrounded on both sides by pleasant little shops, everything dressed in grey with warm tones of gold and brass as secondary colors. They arrive outside of a small store built into the same connected wall that many others were. A sign over the face of a functioning clock reads the time as 10:04, as well as the name of the shop "Lenny's Clockworks and Wondrous Emporium."

"Oh, so this is what does it, eh? Would that be the interplanetary math, magic crafting, or galaxy spanning travel experience? I'd think it would be all of the above."

He pushes the door open with a wholesome chiming of bells and steps inside, holding the door for Dave.


Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.

Walks into the shop "All of the above, yes. And how well planned this day is so far"


Image
Kevin Ramos wrote:
Kevin laughs at the fairly nonsequitor name. "Yeah, that's perfect. Definitely more creative than my first time." He pokes at his lab coat pocket. "This one's name is just Jello. Most of the ones I make are temporary, so they don't stick around long enough to need a name."

"Well, then, we'll just leave Jigglypuff over here in his tank, and you can show me what kind of machines it is you're working with here, and I can see what I can show you about how to maintain them," he said, trying to get things back on track, or at least safer ground where he was less likely to embarrass himself.


Image
Silinrul wrote:

Standing, the young shaman offers Asha his hand "Come outside with me then, as I find being among nature calms and focuses me."

Assuming she joins him, Silinrul leads her to a quite, out of the spot in amongst the trees. He sits down on the ground, Hunnin perched above him on a tree. "This is going to take some time, but I am hoping it will be worth it" He closes his eyes, and begins the minor ritual, speaking in Sylvan.

He's casting Divination which takes 10 minutes, and has an 86% chance of success. He's going to ask "What's the best way to help Asha learn to control her ability to go ethereal" 1-14 gets nothing 1d100

Asha tries to sit quietly and be patient, but she's easily bored. She does manage quietly at least. After the first minute, she tries standing on her head, which helps for a little bit. Then she's pacing around a bit on her hands. Then she starts with backbends. And a few other stretches for good measure.

Divination:
Asha's phasing counts as an extraordinary ability. Basically it takes patience and practice, not unlike mastering an acrobatic trick. A correlation no one has suggested to her yet.


Image Cleric (Divine Gunslinger) 16/ Vigilante (Blitz) 16
Jasper Ashti wrote:

"Growing into your powers, eh? It can be tough. There was a while where I couldn't make a hand gesture without blowing everything I was pointing at away. I'm sure you'll get used to it quick. And moving that fast should definitely help with homework."

Jasper looks up at the wizened creature they had landed on, not surprised by much at this point.

"Oh, excuse us. Didn't realize- uh, oh, thank you. Oh cool! I didn't know anyone else made these."

Jasper is mostly offered paper things and figurines with minimal moving joints, pretty well illustrating the different levels of civilization they grew up in.
When Ephebe looks over at him again, all of his fingers are topped with folded paper claws, and he makes a little alien growling sound as he holds a tiny figurine of a camel awkwardly in one claw while he opens and closes his other claws over its head. He stops when he notices Andromeda looking at him and very obviously flaps his hands, trying to shake the claws off to little success.
"Uuuh, nothing."
He hides one of his hands as he continues to try and pull them off, the other going under his chin in a fist, still clawed.
He nods, and answers, trying to shift the focus from what he was doing before.
"Mmhm, yeah, perfect. For his boat thing. Definitely."

An's shoulders shook with silent laughter, but she didn't say anything. She turned to the creature and held up the wrench. "How much?" she asked.

"For the wrench and the music box," she said, pulling an ornate silver music box out of the pile and thrusting it at Andromeda, "3000 credits."
"But I didn't want," Andromeda began, but the creature interrupted her.
"Mogra doesn't sell you what you want. Mogra only sells you what you need," she said with an air of finality that made it clear that it was pointless to argue with her.
An shrugged and produced the credits to hand to Mogra. Mogra took the money and nodded, turning her attention from Andromeda to Jasper.
"For you, Mogra has this puzzle box. 300 credits," she offered.
And put her purchases into her bag as she waited to see what Jasper would do.


Ghalen Kiln wrote:
Ghalen takes a sec to look around, doing a threat assessment, then waits and follows Tyrrin's lead.

Tyrrin stared down the captain until he shifted uncomfortably under her scrutiny. "Very well," she said haughtily. "Lead the way." She walked regally ahead, satisfied that she had reminded the captain of his place, outwardly confident at least that the others would follow.

One of the soldiers drifted near Ehos as they walked. Ehos recognized him as someone he had served with during his time in the military. "You certainly like to push the boundaries, don't you, sir," he muttered. Ehos surreptitiously held up his data pad. 'No fun being boring' The soldier had to stifle his laughter with a pretend cough, earning a glare from his commander.

They were led past the crowds that were just beginning to gather, all dressed in their holiday best. There were plenty of stares and more than a few double takes and a great deal of whispering when Jaiye was spotted, but the presence of the guards discouraged anyone from approaching close enough to start trouble. For now at least. They were led past the stage that looked to have been grown into shape rather than carved. Up close the banners and ribbons that decorated it were even more impressive, as were the displays of leaves and flowers and gourds arranged around the edge of the stage. They arrived at a structure that was curtained off with silk curtains in gold and orange and passed inside with the soldiers staying on guard outside. The pavilion contained several cushioned benches and a table of refreshments, but there was no one else inside. Presumably the High Seer was busy with preparations for the opening ceremony.


Image

The cookie party was interrupted by a knock on the door of the apartment, followed by Jiminy poking his head inside. "Hey, just checking up on you guys...." he started before he was interrupted by Chara.

"James! We have cookies! Come share!" she crowed.

He laughed as he walked in properly. "Sorry, firecracker, but I don't think I'd enjoy them the same way you guys do. More cookies for you," he said ruffling her hair.

"Why do I get the feeling this isn't just a social call?" Pyra asked, eyebrow raised.

"I'm wounded! Deeply wounded! Of course it is! And if that part goes well, I'm going to ask to borrow Elle for a while. I can do the safety checks without her, but not as fast and not as well," he said with a shrug.


Image
Alys Himuro wrote:
Keme Tokala wrote:
Being smaller than the black fox, there wasn't much he could do to stop it, but once again he turns to smoke and reappears a few feet away, turning around to make sure that the black fox saw him before taking off once more.
When he looks back at Alys, Keme can see that he was not so much 'pounced on' as 'run over'; apparently his escape from Serrin put him directly in Alys' path. Alys is picking herself up off the ground and shaking the collision off. Alys growls a challenge at Keme and lights off after him when he runs.

Keme took advantage of his extensive knowledge of the ground and wriggled through a clump of roots into a small tunnel that would take him far across the field.


narrator wrote:
narrator wrote:
narrator wrote:


"Errr.....I ....thought that Elders retired to live in quiet contemplation....pursue spiritual development?" Magmus asked, dredging up all his courage in the face of these rather intense individuals.

"Ha! Tell me another one! Quiet contemplation! Is that what you call it? Try centuries of backbreaking labor! Foolish children! Did you think those old mechanisms ran themselves?! I was rejoicing when you finally came to your senses and abandoned the wretched place. We were going to have to call an evacuation ourselves soon enough if you hadn't done. That satellite was never intended to actually orbit! Do you have any concept of the wreck that was making of the air filtration systems?! the woman called Eleadora demanded.

The large man with the mustache winced. "It was an important part of our history, Ellie. I still think that blowing the whole thing up was a bit much."

Eleadora glared at him. "A historically important death trap is still a death trap. Trying to preserve it is foolishness! I have no time for sentimental nonsense! And neither do the rest of you. The temperature in this region is already dropping and we are living in tents! We need to find a more welcoming climate that can accommodate all of our people. Then you can argue about systems of governance and law until you drop, but survival is the first priority!"

"How arrogant!" a voice called out from the crowd. "As if what we were arguing over wasn't also about survival! How can we do anything when we can't even trust each other!" the crowd parted to reveal a fragile looking woman, pale with pale blonde hair and supporting herself on a cane. She stopped, her body wracked with coughs as she struggled to breathe.

There were murmurs through the crowd as some recognized the appearance of the reclusive Lady Niyambi.

Lord Niyambi hurried forward, putting an arm around his wife to support her before she collapsed. "Anala, don't push yourself so hard," he said, worried. "You should be resting."

Anala shook her head. "I've been resting for years now. I know I won't get better. Better to push myself now if it brings these hotheads to their senses," she rasped.


constants:
detect magic, analyze dewomer on anything dubbed significant.
male Icy Catfolk Warlock/Rogue 16
David.De'Foul wrote:
Walks into the shop "All of the above, yes. And how well planned this day is so far"

The cat guy laughs as they enter the shop. "Dude, we've been totally winging this stuff all morning. You should see what I do when I actually make plans."

Inside the shop is something of a steam punk paradise, the kind of stuff the late French aristocracy would've dreamed of, a complete blend of clockworks and magic use. Everything is timed so that every second there's one single tick at once instead of a cacauphany of varying times. Small brass golems polish clear glass panes over rune laden clock faces, and every display case is lined in shining watches, figurines of wondrous power, brand new Traveler's Any-Tools, and elegant bracers of armor that could be worn without questioned motivation at any of the highest holiday gatherings in any culture. All of these slowly rotating on elegant u clockwork displays, each getting the exact same amount of view before being hidden by the next wonder. The whole place smells of fresh copper and brass with the faint compound of vanillin wafting from the gently aging pages of ancient enchantment books along a back wall behind the displays. With all these things, there's a distinct lack of any kind of weaponry.
Tybalt smiles as he takes in the place for a moment with a look of nostalgia. "I was an apprentice under Mr. Lenny for a while. He taught me how to enchant ready made objects like jewelry and tools."
The cat looks around the place, looking for the owner, his search ended by the appearance of said man from behind a display case. He's into his white haired years, and clean shaven, save for a neat, white mustache. He wears a nice white shirt with the sleeves rolled up and a dark brown vest with a watch chain over the front. Most distinctively are the pair of glasses he wears with extra lenses off on both sides, small and elegant runes etched into the whole thing.
"Well if it isn't Mr. Galaxy traveler himself," he says warmly, stepping around the counter, "What took you so long to come back here and see me."
The cat lights up, teleporting next to the older gentleman and air hugging him, which the gentleman responds in turn with, seemingly a normal custom for them, for obvious, frigid reasons. "Oh, ya know, planets to see, people to meet. People still ask me where I got my watch, and I always send em straight to you." "Ah, you're too kind to this old man. But please, introduce me to your friend here."
Tybalt turns and brings Dave in by the hand. "This is my friend Dave. We met at the school I go to now." The gentleman smiles and offers his hand. "Lenny McMillan, pleasure to meet ya."
"We're here to get a watch made for the enchantment on Dave's robe."
"Oh, so you finally got clockwork enchantments down, eh?"
Tybalt shuffles his foot paw on the floor a little. "Well, no, not exactly. I was planning on enchanting the case around it."
"Oh, nonsense. Ya gotta use the whole piece or yer not respecting the magic. I thought I taught you bettah than that, fuzzball. Tell ya what, we'll get your piece made, and then we'll move the whole pattern over, right here in the store. How's that sound? One more lesson for old time's sake."


male goo dragon alchemist 16(spellhammer) / synthesist 16
Jeran Darkclaw wrote:
"Well, then, we'll just leave Jigglypuff over here in his tank, and you can show me what kind of machines it is you're working with here, and I can see what I can show you about how to maintain them," he said, trying to get things back on track, or at least safer ground where he was less likely to embarrass himself.

The dragon gets the ooze situated and shows Jeran to an adjacent room with a much bigger looking version of the oozing vat from before. It's about the size of a a hot tub with places to load tubes of all sizes from a test tube to firehose size connectors.

"This here is my bigger oozing vat. Like the other one, but for full size oozes. Lately I've been having an issue with some of the injectors not cleaning properly on a wash cycle. I got a little Black Pudding mixed in the last time I tried making a Diger. They're definitely supposed to be clear, and not dark grey, so it's been down for a while since not many people from tech classes tend to want to help a biochemist out."


Male Change-Djinn Wishcraft Sorcerer/ Aerokineticist
Andromeda Sunwake wrote:

An's shoulders shook with silent laughter, but she didn't say anything. She turned to the creature and held up the wrench. "How much?" she asked.

"For the wrench and the music box," she said, pulling an ornate silver music box out of the pile and thrusting it at Andromeda, "3000 credits."
"But I didn't want," Andromeda began, but the creature interrupted her.
"Mogra doesn't sell you what you want. Mogra only sells you what you need," she said with an air of finality that made it clear that it was pointless to argue with her.
An shrugged and produced the credits to hand to Mogra. Mogra took the money and nodded, turning her attention from Andromeda to Jasper.
"For you, Mogra has this puzzle box. 300 credits," she offered.
And put her purchases into her bag as she waited to see what Jasper would do.

Jasper counts something out on his paper clawed fingers.

"I think I've got, uh, 200 left."
He looks up from his coin purse to Andromeda.
"Heeeey, An. Could I maybe borrow a couple creds? Promise I'll pay you back next time we go shopping."
He smiles and bats his eyelashes comedically to her with his fingers under his chin in the 'pretty please' position.


Image
Kevin Ramos wrote:


The dragon gets the ooze situated and shows Jeran to an adjacent room with a much bigger looking version of the oozing vat from before. It's about the size of a a hot tub with places to load tubes of all sizes from a test tube to firehose size connectors.
"This here is my bigger oozing vat. Like the other one, but for full size oozes. Lately I've been having an issue with some of the injectors not cleaning properly on a wash cycle. I got a little Black Pudding mixed in the last time I tried making a Diger. They're definitely supposed to be clear, and not dark grey, so it's been down for a while since not many people from tech classes tend to want to help a biochemist out."

Jeran walked around the vat, examining it, crouching down to look at the different valves and tubes as he went. "Oh, here's your problem. Your water filter went bad. It has to be changed regularly or it stops working and then the tubes get all clogged up. Technically, that means there's also something wrong with at least one of the sensors since the warning lights should have gone off long before this. Unless they did and you ignored them because you didn't know what they meant. But it shouldn't be too hard to fix. We'll have to replace the filter and several of these hoses, and clean out the valves. Easy work. And then we should be able to reset the system and put it through a proper wash cycle and no more trouble."


Image Cleric (Divine Gunslinger) 16/ Vigilante (Blitz) 16
Jasper Ashti wrote:
Andromeda Sunwake wrote:


An shrugged and produced the credits to hand to Mogra. Mogra took the money and nodded, turning her attention from Andromeda to Jasper.
"For you, Mogra has this puzzle box. 300 credits," she offered.
And put her purchases into her bag as she waited to see what Jasper would do.

Jasper counts something out on his paper clawed fingers.

"I think I've got, uh, 200 left."
He looks up from his coin purse to Andromeda.
"Heeeey, An. Could I maybe borrow a couple creds? Promise I'll pay you back next time we go shopping."
He smiles and bats his eyelashes comedically to her with his fingers under his chin in the 'pretty please' position.

An laughed. "Sure, no problem. You can buy the snacks next time," she said with a wink as she handed over the money.

Mogra counted out the coins to make sure that it was enough and then nodded and handed over the box to Jasper before once turning around and curling up so that it looked like a huge trash heap was all that was there.
"I guess she's not really into goodbyes," An said, shaking her head at the wonderful strangeness of the place.


male goo dragon alchemist 16(spellhammer) / synthesist 16

"Nah, it's probably broken. I'm usually way more cautious than that. Which is another thing I'm really confused about as to why my last experiment kinda blew up and turned me into this, but I guess nothing's perfect."

He glances in the main tub, leaning over the edge as he squints at one of the sides.

"Oh, here it is. The lights are usually dungeon level in here, so I never noticed it before."

He points to a small chip in the tank.

"One of my experiments," he puts his finger to the chip and pulls out something grey that he gives a small sniff to, "a whip jelly. Must've squeezed in and melted the sensor."

He puts the little grey blob into his coat pocket the other slime was in before and his finger comes back clean.

"Any idea where we could get these parts and some glass sealer?"


Male Change-Djinn Wishcraft Sorcerer/ Aerokineticist
Andromeda Sunwake wrote:

An laughed. "Sure, no problem. You can buy the snacks next time," she said with a wink as she handed over the money.

Mogra counted out the coins to make sure that it was enough and then nodded and handed over the box to Jasper before once turning around and curling up so that it looked like a huge trash heap was all that was there.
"I guess she's not really into goodbyes," An said, shaking her head at the wonderful strangeness of the place.

"I guess not."

He chuckles, looking down at the puzzle box in his hands, shrinking a little to make it more manageable.
"We should probably stick around for just a bit longer to give short stack a chance to apologize so people aren't too afraid to talk to him forever. Hey, you don't experience magical fear, right?"


Image
Kevin Ramos wrote:

"Nah, it's probably broken. I'm usually way more cautious than that. Which is another thing I'm really confused about as to why my last experiment kinda blew up and turned me into this, but I guess nothing's perfect."

He glances in the main tub, leaning over the edge as he squints at one of the sides.

"Oh, here it is. The lights are usually dungeon level in here, so I never noticed it before."

He points to a small chip in the tank.

"One of my experiments," he puts his finger to the chip and pulls out something grey that he gives a small sniff to, "a whip jelly. Must've squeezed in and melted the sensor."

He puts the little grey blob into his coat pocket the other slime was in before and his finger comes back clean.

"Any idea where we could get these parts and some glass sealer?"

"We can find all the parts we need in the Mechanics classroom. As long as you sign out what you take so they can keep an accurate inventory, then it's alright. I can show you where everything is so you can do it yourself next time as long as it's something simple. And I think I need to pick up a few extra parts. If it's that easy to break the system, then the shielding is inadequate. Pretty sure I can fix it without too much trouble, but it will add some complexity to the system that might make it a little bit harder to fix in the future."


Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.
"Tybalt wrote:

The cat guy laughs as they enter the shop. "Dude, we've been totally winging this stuff all morning. You should see what I do when I actually make plans."

Inside the shop is something of a steam punk paradise, the kind of stuff the late French aristocracy would've dreamed of, a complete blend of clockworks and magic use. Everything is timed so that every second there's one single tick at once instead of a cacauphany of varying times. Small brass golems polish clear glass panes over rune laden clock faces, and every display case is lined in shining watches, figurines of wondrous power, brand new Traveler's Any-Tools, and elegant bracers of armor that could be worn without questioned motivation at any of the highest holiday gatherings in any culture. All of these slowly rotating on elegant u clockwork displays, each getting the exact same amount of view before being hidden by the next wonder. The whole place smells of fresh copper and brass with the faint compound of vanillin wafting from the gently aging pages of ancient enchantment books along a back wall behind the displays. With all these things, there's a distinct lack of any kind of weaponry.
Tybalt smiles as he takes in the place for a moment with a look of nostalgia. "I was an apprentice under Mr. Lenny for a while. He taught me how to enchant ready made objects like jewelry and tools."
The cat looks around the place, looking for the owner, his search ended by the appearance of said man from behind a display case. He's into his white haired years, and clean shaven, save for a neat, white mustache. He wears a nice white shirt with the sleeves rolled up and a dark brown vest with a watch chain over the front. Most distinctively are the pair of glasses he wears with extra lenses off on both sides, small and elegant runes etched into the whole thing.
"Well if it isn't Mr. Galaxy traveler himself," he says warmly, stepping around the...

Dave snorts "I quiver in fear for when you really get going then" once inside he let's out a low whistle as he walks around the store, folding his wings as tight as they would go, careful not to bump into anything. He does examine some of the gear more closely, looking aprasingly at a pair of enchanted gloves, before noticing that he was being introduced "a pleasure to make your aquantience, sir" he seemed amused at the complaints at enchanting the case "I was telling him similar things, an unenchanted interior seemed a waste of space, I was thinking of having it enchanted separately with some minor effect"


Image Cleric (Divine Gunslinger) 16/ Vigilante (Blitz) 16
Jasper Ashti wrote:
Andromeda Sunwake wrote:

An laughed. "Sure, no problem. You can buy the snacks next time," she said with a wink as she handed over the money.

Mogra counted out the coins to make sure that it was enough and then nodded and handed over the box to Jasper before once turning around and curling up so that it looked like a huge trash heap was all that was there.
"I guess she's not really into goodbyes," An said, shaking her head at the wonderful strangeness of the place.

"I guess not."

He chuckles, looking down at the puzzle box in his hands, shrinking a little to make it more manageable.
"We should probably stick around for just a bit longer to give short stack a chance to apologize so people aren't too afraid to talk to him forever. Hey, you don't experience magical fear, right?"

"Well, I think I still technically can, but I'm kinda used to it. Grandma tends to really turn up the frightful presence when she's upset. So I don't really notice it that much anymore," she said, thoughtfully. "Well, if we have to wait, then how about we stop and get some refreshments. There's a cafe over there, and I can small the cinnamon rolls from here. And you can work out how to open that box while we're eating." she said, pointing out a small wagon with tables arranged around it that appeared to be run by gnomes.

77,151 to 77,200 of 77,489 << first < prev | 1539 | 1540 | 1541 | 1542 | 1543 | 1544 | 1545 | 1546 | 1547 | 1548 | 1549 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tales of Agartha: the Avalon Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.