Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


The Avalon Chronicles

Game Master lynora

This is a high level rules light game set in a school for magical kids, kinda a mash-up of Soul Eater, Harry Potter, and X-Men. :)


451 to 500 of 69,879 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Male Elven (reincarnated - originally Human) Fighter 5 / Wizard 10 / Arcane Gunslinger 10 / Arcane Gunmaster 5
Aanandareavekki wrote:
"A quiet lunch? What's that," she teased.

"I just couldn't tell you anymore," he replies with a dramatic sigh. ;)

"That was the Harbinger - looks like there's some Imperial activity a couple of systems away that needs to be 'redirected' somewhere else. I need to go lend them a hand."


Male Dhampir Champion of Darkness, Order of the Gunslinger initiate

"Why wouldn't I be ok with it? Its only natural or at least I think so. Master Asch doesn't like it when I do it to him randomly but that's because he is strange, his head is a scary place to be. I don't know how he does it I think it is because Mistress Amada keeps him calm."

If its ok Amada will be "popping" in while we are in the cafeteria.


Image
Tamrin - Gunslinger of Tomorrow wrote:
Aanandareavekki wrote:
"A quiet lunch? What's that," she teased.
"I just couldn't tell you anymore," he replies with a dramatic sigh. "That was the Harbinger - looks like there's some Imperial activity a couple of systems away that needs to be 'redirected' somewhere else. I need to go lend them a hand."

"It's fine, love. I can hold down the fort for a bit here. Don't forget to take that crate from my workroom. More personal starcasters and a few new toys. Should make your job a little easier."


Asch Redgrave wrote:

"Why wouldn't I be ok with it? Its only natural or at least I think so. Master Asch doesn't like it when I do it to him randomly but that's because he is strange, his head is a scary place to be. I don't know how he does it I think it is because Mistress Amada keeps him calm."

If its ok Amada will be "popping" in while we are in the cafeteria.

Just to make things a little easier to identify, you and Amada should make 'narrator' avatars to handle Quicksilver's dialogue. Just a thought, neh? ;)


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6
Asch Redgrave wrote:

"Why wouldn't I be ok with it? Its only natural or at least I think so. Master Asch doesn't like it when I do it to him randomly but that's because he is strange, his head is a scary place to be. I don't know how he does it I think it is because Mistress Amada keeps him calm."

If its ok Amada will be "popping" in while we are in the cafeteria.

Totally fine. Lots of coming and going at a school.

::Well, it's natural for some. Others find it intrusive. I'm used to intrusive. I have brothers.:: she thought, her mental voice tinged with amusement.


Male Elven (reincarnated - originally Human) Fighter 5 / Wizard 10 / Arcane Gunslinger 10 / Arcane Gunmaster 5
Aanandareavekki wrote:
Tamrin - Gunslinger of Tomorrow wrote:
Aanandareavekki wrote:
"A quiet lunch? What's that," she teased.
"I just couldn't tell you anymore," he replies with a dramatic sigh. "That was the Harbinger - looks like there's some Imperial activity a couple of systems away that needs to be 'redirected' somewhere else. I need to go lend them a hand."
"It's fine, love. I can hold down the fort for a bit here. Don't forget to take that crate from my workroom. More personal starcasters and a few new toys. Should make your job a little easier."

"Awesome - I was hoping you'd finished a few more of those singularity bombs. They have just the right amount of persuading power to make ships just...go away," he says with a grin.

He puts his arms around her and steals a (not so quick) kiss from her.

"You know that I never get tired of telling you how amazing you are, right?"


Image
Tamrin - Gunslinger of Tomorrow wrote:
Aanandareavekki wrote:
Tamrin - Gunslinger of Tomorrow wrote:
Aanandareavekki wrote:
"A quiet lunch? What's that," she teased.
"I just couldn't tell you anymore," he replies with a dramatic sigh. "That was the Harbinger - looks like there's some Imperial activity a couple of systems away that needs to be 'redirected' somewhere else. I need to go lend them a hand."
"It's fine, love. I can hold down the fort for a bit here. Don't forget to take that crate from my workroom. More personal starcasters and a few new toys. Should make your job a little easier."

"Awesome - I was hoping you'd finished a few more of those singularity bombs. They have just the right amount of persuading power to make ships just...go away," he says with a grin.

He puts his arms around her and steals a (not so quick) kiss from her.

"You know that I never get tired of telling you how amazing you are, right?"

"Mmmm. And I never get tired of hearing it. You stay safe, love. I expect to get you back in one piece."


"Oh I have brothers and sisters roughly...well a lot of them." He says furrowing his brow in concentration. At a snicker he jerks his head around. "I'll have you know Master Asch that I am just as intelligent as you and you know it....my mind just works differently."


Male Elven (reincarnated - originally Human) Fighter 5 / Wizard 10 / Arcane Gunslinger 10 / Arcane Gunmaster 5
Aanandareavekki wrote:
"Mmmm. And I never get tired of hearing it. You stay safe, love. I expect to get you back in one piece."

"Gunmaster's honor, beloved" he says with a sweet smile, holding up his hand. "I'll be back soon."

He goes to the shop, picks up the crate of 'goodies', then activates his starcaster and heads off.


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6

Ephebe giggled as she scraped the last of the ice cream out of the bottom of the bucket.

"Quicksilver is very entertaining."


Male Kobold (Young Adult Black dragon) Gestalt Sorceror/Oracle 16 Necromancer; Champion of Death

Sits and eats, observing the inter-play with quiet amusement, and glad for the good company


A blonde boy sprints through the cafeteria being chased by an angry minotaur.

"Dude! It was a joke!" he yells back laughing.


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6

*facepalm*

"So that was my brother Jimmy running away. This is a frequent occurrance. The surprising part is how many people want to hang out with him when he's not neck deep in trouble."


F Sylph

"Wow! A minotaur! I haven't seen one of those in a long time."


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6
Nasima Shearskye wrote:
"Wow! A minotaur! I haven't seen one of those in a long time."

"Oh, good. You're familiar with them. Dennis hates it when people talk about him like he's a cow, so the less of that the better. He's usually very even-tempered, but Jimmy brings out the worst in people."


F Sylph

Nasima giggles

"His name is Dennis? Oh my. I guess I'd be grumpy too. Most of the Minotaurs in my dad's realm have big tough names like, like 'Balzor' or 'Khan' or 'Fairuk-al' or things like that."


Asch Redgrave wrote:

"Why wouldn't I be ok with it? Its only natural or at least I think so. Master Asch doesn't like it when I do it to him randomly but that's because he is strange, his head is a scary place to be. I don't know how he does it I think it is because Mistress Amada keeps him calm."

If its ok Amada will be "popping" in while we are in the cafeteria.

Amada was just finishing up in the bathroom when the scent of rolls came wafting in as people opened and closed the door. The scent drifted to her like blood to a shark. She could feel her tiny fangs tickle her lower lip as she bit down imagining it was a sliver of meat or potato. She always did that when she was hungry and it was usually followed by loud roaring coming from her empty gut. She finished washing her dainty hands under hot water and tucked a loose strand behind her freshly lacquered horn. After giving herself a quick glance in the mirror making sure all was in place, she pops out of the bathroom. Carefully she scans the cafeteria for her beloved Asch and as soon as she saw him, all thoughts of food went out the window. Her pupils got really big and face became flushed. She couldn't control herself. Nostrils flared while breathing heavy, she ran and pounced him for a tackle hug. As she wrapped her arms around him, her sharp carefully painted nails gently drug across his back. After a few moments of an embrace, her eye wandered over to the table where she spotted a lonely roll. Before she could even think twice, she snatched up the roll and held it to her lavender lips. She inhaled the sweet aroma and devoured it with pleasure. About halfway through the roll, she came to her senses and looked at poor Quick Silver. Apparently it was a spare roll that had fallen off his plate at some point. She gave him a quick embarrassed smile, and nodded in an apologetic way.

I haven't had anything to eat since yesterday.
She looked up at Asch in the most innocent look a devil could muster, but the loud grumblings made her crack a smile and lose focus on her innocent gaze.

"Ahem, Sorry, I was just very hungry. Uh...Did you happen to eat yet? I know it must have been very rude of me, but I can't help it...
She breaks off for a moment to stare dramatically in the distance as if food was a far away dream.
"I melt when I see rolls! A-and you too of course
She felt a bit silly. A nervous small giggle escapes her lips while she studied Asch's face for any sign of embarrassment. Any time she could get him to smile or turn flush, it was another personal point. She loved making him smile.


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6
Nasima Shearskye wrote:

Nasima giggles

"His name is Dennis? Oh my. I guess I'd be grumpy too. Most of the Minotaurs in my dad's realm have big tough names like, like 'Balzor' or 'Khan' or 'Fairuk-al' or things like that."

"Yeah...we all pretend not to remember that his last name is Buttercup. Poor guy. He can't help it that his mom is a dryad."


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6

Ephebe blinked with surprise as the new girl glomped Asch and then attacked a roll.

"Uh...would you like me to get you some more rolls?"


Ephebe wrote:
Nasima Shearskye wrote:

Nasima giggles

"His name is Dennis? Oh my. I guess I'd be grumpy too. Most of the Minotaurs in my dad's realm have big tough names like, like 'Balzor' or 'Khan' or 'Fairuk-al' or things like that."

"Yeah...we all pretend not to remember that his last name is Buttercup. Poor guy. He can't help it that his mom is a dryad."

That is so wrong... ;D


F Sylph

Nasima, nonplussed, watches as Asch gets leveled by the lovely young succubus. When the newcomer redirects her appetites to more conventional fare, the sylph smiles mischievously down at the black-clad Dhampir.

"I dunno, Asch. I thought you were supposed to be this big tough guy, but if a succubus can take you out that easily, maybe Krays and I should just watch Ephebe." She winks at the other three at the table.


Spin wrote:
Still looking around - and still drumming - Spin asks the first question that pops into his brain. "So, mom said this was a special school. She said I'd like it here, but she didn't say why. I met a dragon professor, and Mr. S seems nice. So what kind of school is it? What do you teach?"

"Well.." The Headmaster says as he glances over the note. "I think you'll do fine here. You see, we here at Avalon teach young people how to control any powers, abilities, and magic they may have so they aren't a threat to anyone just because they took a step outside."

"I, personally, teach students who are psychic, as well as a much more specialized class for.. a different type of psychic. Now, according to this note, you don't really have a schedule prepared? If you tell me what interests you the most, we can start you off in some intro courses and go from there." Ryo says as a screen slides into view on the desk, listing all of the courses Spin can pick from.

Sorry for my absence, I had an.. interesting day(details to be withheld) yesterday.


Male Dhampir Champion of Darkness, Order of the Gunslinger initiate

"Hey ba...." Was all he managed to say before she tackled him to the ground and kissed him. He forgot about all the problems going on the hunters and everything else. He broke into a smile while holding her. "I missed you baby. Did you figure out the spell Silver said you were working on? Also there is a bit of an issue that we need to let you know about." All the while Silver sits on the table with his mouth agape as he stares at his lost roll.


Male Pygmy Slurk

Into the cafeteria hops a slimy fanged toad, about the size of a cat. Those familiar with underground livestock will recognize it as a very small slurk.
The toad looks around, seeming lost. It appears to recognize Ephebe and her friends, and leaps towards them.

It should be nice to have a mute character. I'll be able to stick myself into interactions without any obligation to post replies. :P


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6
Nasima Shearskye wrote:

Nasima, nonplussed, watches as Asch gets leveled by the lovely young succubus. When the newcomer redirects her appetites to more conventional fare, the sylph smiles mischievously down at the black-clad Dhampir.

"I dunno, Asch. I thought you were supposed to be this big tough guy, but if a succubus can take you out that easily, maybe Krays and I should just watch Ephebe." She winks at the other three at the table.

Ephebe tries and fails to stifle a giggle.


Male Pygmy Slurk

The toad eyes the students sagely.


Male Kobold (Young Adult Black dragon) Gestalt Sorceror/Oracle 16 Necromancer; Champion of Death

Chuckles, then looks at Nasima
"I think he's more the ...winner when that happens."


F Sylph

"A slurk! How cute. I thought they were huge, though, is this a baby?"


Male Pygmy Slurk

*Ribbit*
The slurk stares at Nasima with a mournful expression.


F Sylph
Krays wrote:

Chuckles, then looks at Nasima

"I think he's more the ...winner when that happens."

'Sima gives Krays a confused look, her brows knitting together. "'The winner?' Why Krays, whatever do you mean?"

DC25 Sense Motive:
Krays, look out! It's a trap! ;-) Nasima's funnin' with ya.


Male Kobold (Young Adult Black dragon) Gestalt Sorceror/Oracle 16 Necromancer; Champion of Death

[i]Tilts his head eyes the slurk in an almost scientific fashion"
"I wonder how those fangs are set into the skull..."


Male Kobold (Young Adult Black dragon) Gestalt Sorceror/Oracle 16 Necromancer; Champion of Death

Sense Motive:
1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 32
He looks at 'Sima and tilts his head, then he chuckles and winks at her


F Sylph
Slarrow wrote:

*Ribbit*

The slurk stares at Nasima with a mournful expression.

"He looks...sad. Does he look sad to you guys? Is that common?"


Sinh completes his work in the library by polishing the brass candelabra. Satisfied with his efforts, he smiles at the little washpail and heads into the main corridor, only to be greeted by horror. Dirty hoof-prints make a beeline down his brilliantly polished floor. He notes, only in passing and with little interest, that they are bipedal.

Son of a...

Sinh whips Betsy, his trusty mop, from the pail and wipes away the prints with a vengeance. He follows them like a bloodhound as they lead him on a merry chase towards the cafeteria.


Male Pygmy Slurk

Sense Motive 15:
The slurk seems to be after treats.

Sinh soon notices a separate trail of slime, also leading to the cafeteria.


F Sylph

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Remembering their popularity with both Quicksilver and Amada, Nasima wanders over and procures some rolls from the cafeteria counter, demurring when the cafeteria ladies try to give her more, saying "but you're so skinny! Dearie you need to eat!" Returning to the table, she plunks back down in her seat and tosses a roll to Slarrow.


Nasima Shearskye wrote:
Returning to the table, she plunks back down in her seat and tosses a roll to Slarrow.

Only to have it snatched from the air by Amanda! Poor subterranean toad...


Male Pygmy Slurk

Slarrow looks at the roll, then back at Nasima. If anything, he looks more unhappy. An odd sound--a mixture of a croak and a whimper--issues from his throat.
If Nasima knew what he was, she may remember that slurks prefer meat.


F Sylph

Nasima twists her mouth, a look of consternation coming over her face. Unbeknownst to her, her hair has risen up to form a question mark over her head. She makes another trip to the cafeteria counter, loading up a tray with meat and fruit and all sorts of things, which pleases the cafeteria ladies to no end.

Returning once again, she begins tossing things to the slurk, seeing what it may like. First an orange slice, then a piece of banana, then some jerky, then part of a turkey leg, then cheese.

Then hearing the squeaking of Betsy's carrier/Mr. Sinh's bucket, 'Sima gasps in embarrassed astonishment and smacks her palm against her forehead. She picks up the discarded pieces of food that Slarrow ignores and sets them back on the tray, cleaning up whatever mess they leave behind by conjuring a small fog cloud over the table to wet it, then wiping it clean.

Eventually zeroing in on meat, she sits and tosses things to the slurk, seeing if it catches them in the air. Secretly, she's hoping it will zap it out of the air like a frog with a fly.


BPs: 32/32 :: Status: Unharmed :: Dodge 18; Soak 21

Spin looks over the list, "How many phys ed's can I sign up for? What's this one with martial arts? I'll take that one, definitely. Psychic? you mean like mind-reading? Sometimes I can kind of know what people are thinking about… does that count? Alchemy? Like potions? Weird. OOH! What's a gun class? That sounds cool." This goes on for a while, speaking a reaction to every class he reads. Apparently his brain-to-mouth filter is broken.

By the end of the time, however, Ryo sees that Spin has not had much education at all, and that a good basic all-around class selection will be needed with a focus on the physical training. Though it's definitely obvious he needs to be in a class for elementary mind-readers. Telepathy class?

"OOh! Practical Personal Transmutations!" he exclaims as his body spins itself into that of a snake, his hissing voice continuing, "That soundssss fun to me. Any classssses for esssssspionage? I'm gonna be a ssssssssspy like my dad."


Not caring how large the hoofed creature is, Sinh envisions giving him or her a solid tongue-lashing. But all this is quickly forgotten when the prints cross a slime trail.

Sinh drops to a knee and examines the trail, dabbing a finger in the goo. He tests its viscosity and color between his fingers. He sniffs it, his nose wrinkling slightly. As a veteran of countless wars with filth, and an accredited member of the UOSS in good standing, Sinh knows his slimes.

Profession: Custodian 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (14) + 20 = 34

Slurk slime! Not a lot of it and relatively pleasant on the nose - probably a juvenile.

He tosses a cleanser-blessed towel on the washpail, "Right! You clean the slime trail up and I'll stay on the hoofs." With renewed vigor, the Janitor attacks the hoofprints with his mop while unseen hands lift the towel and swipe away the slime trail moving quickly into the cafeteria.


Male Pygmy Slurk

The slurk watches the fruit and vegetables sadly. When he sees Nasima tossing pieces of meat, though, his posture changes. He backs away, sinking into a crouch--and springs. He snatches a large piece out of the air, and holds it to the ground with his little front legs. He viciously tears into it. Soon, a turkey legbone lies on the floor, completely cleaned.


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6

Ephebe leaned her chin on her hand and watched Nasima play with the toad thing. It was hard to believe but there were actually people who talked to her now. Which was definitely a huge change from last term. She smiled.


A pleasantly scented towel buffs its way into the cafeteria, industriously cleaning up a slime trail leading it to the Slurk polishing off a set of turkey legs. Without stopping, the towel flies onto the Slurk and begins fluffing and buffing it vigorously...


BPs: 32/32 :: Status: Unharmed :: Dodge 18; Soak 21

^ HA! Awesome.


Male Pygmy Slurk
Lil' Sinh wrote:
A pleasantly scented towel buffs its way into the cafeteria, industriously cleaning up a slime trail leading it to the Slurk polishing off a set of turkey legs. Without stopping, the towel flies onto the Slurk and begins fluffing it vigorously...

Slarrow looks up from a turkey thigh in surprise. He emits a low growl, trying to intimidate the spell. When this fails, he snaps at the towel and tries to yank it from Lil' Sinh.

Yeah, I think the janitor is becoming my favorite character. :P


A tug-of-war for control of the floral scented towel develops. Sadly, for the unseen servant, the Slurk's strength is greater and the towel slips away from it.

KC - the admiration is mutual. :)


Male Pygmy Slurk

Slarrow shakes the towel triumphantly, but the tiny slurk loses control of it and soon gets entangled. The towel sticks to the slime, and Slarrow quickly finds himself practically immobilized.


Ur, y vcukko! Lyh E kad yhi, Lysander? Exclaims one of the 3 children from earlier, pointing at the small slurk as it wins an apparently vicious battle with a towel.. It seems the children have returned with Lysander to finish(or restart, after all the thrown furniture) their meal.

"Look, a froggy! Can I get one, Lysander?"

Hu! Muug yd dra sacc ed sygac! Lysander replies, gesturing to the slime on the floor. This of course start what appears to be an argument that Lysander is outnumbered in.

"No! Look at the mess it makes!"

Anyone who wants to look:
These 3 children are the only people at the school in their age group(which appears to be 4-5 years of age). They are human while Lysander is a half-elf.


Lil' Sinh, seeing a chance to reclaim its towel, tries valiantly to tug it free of the nearly bound Slurk. Unfortunately the weight of the pseudo-mummified Slurk and its desperate struggle to free itself prevent the unseen servant from doing much more than pull it by inches.

451 to 500 of 69,879 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tales of Agartha: the Avalon Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.