Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

The Avalon Chronicles

Game Master lynora

This is a high level rules light game set in a school for magical kids, kinda a mash-up of Soul Eater, Harry Potter, and X-Men. :)


151 to 200 of 45,853 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Female awww, but that would be telling unknown
Mr. Sinh wrote:
lynora wrote:
Did we lose Marra somewhere?
I hope not. I was quite intrigued to see how her character was going to develop.

Me too! :)


Female awww, but that would be telling unknown

OKay, so current roommates are

Ephebe/Jiminy
Taron/Kam
Asch/Amada
Krays/Spin
Nasima/Marra

If I've got anything wrong or forgotten anyone this is the time to play musical roommates. ;P


Male Dhampir Champion of Darkness, Order of the Gunslinger initiate

Sounds like a good set up to me.


BPs: 32/32 :: Status: Unharmed :: Dodge 18; Soak 21

WHAT?! I gotta room with the little creepy dragon with the undead friend?! :D

Speakin' of which, Krays, since you would have moved in first... what does your 'stuff' in the room look like? Just to get a feel for what Spin's gonna walk into here.


Male Dhampir Champion of Darkness, Order of the Gunslinger initiate

Why am I imagining Spin walking into a room with jars on shelves with body parts of at different stages of decomposition sitting about and bones and stuff scattered about.


BPs: 32/32 :: Status: Unharmed :: Dodge 18; Soak 21

LOL. Kind of what i'm expecting, honestly.


F Sylph

Not that mechanics are a big concern here, but just so y'all know, what I'm going for with Nasima is exactly what she talked about IC; namely that she'll slowly learn to selectively draw power from Khoda. So she'll be a typical sylph, but will eventually gain the powers and abilities of a small lightning elemental, then medium, then large, and so on and so forth, and do so through all those meditation classes she's in. Calling Khoda himself will, as Ephebe said, be the nuke option for the school, kinda hanging 'Sima out there for a "dark phoenix" thing (or whatever).

Honestly, narratively, I don't have much interest in Khoda actually showing up for real 'cos he's so insanely powerful, but the metaphorical heft of a teen trying to control this literal monster/god that can manifest in her place against her will if she just loses control of her emotions, and then proceed to tear apart entire planes of existence is pretty damn juicy.

So but yeah. Anyway.


Female awww, but that would be telling unknown
Nasima Shearskye wrote:

Not that mechanics are a big concern here, but just so y'all know, what I'm going for with Nasima is exactly what she talked about IC; namely that she'll slowly learn to selectively draw power from Khoda. So she'll be a typical sylph, but will eventually gain the powers and abilities of a small lightning elemental, then medium, then large, and so on and so forth, and do so through all those meditation classes she's in. Calling Khoda himself will, as Ephebe said, be the nuke option for the school, kinda hanging 'Sima out there for a "dark phoenix" thing (or whatever).

Honestly, narratively, I don't have much interest in Khoda actually showing up for real 'cos he's so insanely powerful, but the metaphorical heft of a teen trying to control this literal monster/god that can manifest in her place against her will if she just loses control of her emotions, and then proceed to tear apart entire planes of existence is pretty damn juicy.

So but yeah. Anyway.

It's a cool concept. And I think you've got a good handle on how to put limits on it.


F Sylph

Hey, thanks! ^_^

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to RP'ing Nasima learning that she, too, can have cool powers like all her awesome new friends, and that being blessed/cursed with Khoda is not the all-or-nothing nightmare it's been for her thus far. It'll give her more to do while still letting her be herself and not necessarily forcing her into a hero role. This school already has heroes comin' out its ears, so 'Sima will happily be the jeans-wearing everygirl who maybe just has a bit more backbone than most.

Heh. Er, I mean, eversylph. :-p


BPs: 32/32 :: Status: Unharmed :: Dodge 18; Soak 21

Lynora, should i just fast-forward past the Headmaster meeting? I had posted something, but i fyou're not excited to write it or anything, i can just not worry about it. That's your character, isn't it?


Female awww, but that would be telling unknown
Spin wrote:
Lynora, should i just fast-forward past the Headmaster meeting? I had posted something, but i fyou're not excited to write it or anything, i can just not worry about it. That's your character, isn't it?

Actually that's DB3's character, and he hasn't been on yet today so not ignoring you on purpose. :)


BPs: 32/32 :: Status: Unharmed :: Dodge 18; Soak 21

Oh, sorry. I can be patient, then.


Female awww, but that would be telling unknown
Spin wrote:
Oh, sorry. I can be patient, then.

No worries. It's hard to keep straight who's who especially when some people have multiple characters. :)


BPs: 32/32 :: Status: Unharmed :: Dodge 18; Soak 21

Lol. yah, i guess the un-lazy thing to do would have been to hover over Ryo's avatar image... oh well.

Moving my mouse just takes so much effort though.. sigh.


Male Pygmy Slurk

Hey, slurks have an Int of 3.

I assumed it was only 2. This means I can actually make a character out of Slarrow.


Spin wrote:

Lol. yah, i guess the un-lazy thing to do would have been to hover over Ryo's avatar image... oh well.

Moving my mouse just takes so much effort though.. sigh.

At least the note was telling the truth when it said you don't apply yourself...


Male Dhampir Champion of Darkness, Order of the Gunslinger initiate
Headmaster Ryo wrote:
Spin wrote:

Lol. yah, i guess the un-lazy thing to do would have been to hover over Ryo's avatar image... oh well.

Moving my mouse just takes so much effort though.. sigh.

At least the note was telling the truth when it said you don't apply yourself...

*zing*


BPs: 32/32 :: Status: Unharmed :: Dodge 18; Soak 21

Lol. I will consider myself burned.

Shadow Lodge

Hehe, I love it when people set themselves up online. Reminds of the time I spend with my friends offline! ;)

Anyway, to help make things a little easier, here are the characters I control(in order of appearance starting with the original thread... I think).

Cardcaster Ryo
Keaton Bloodfang
Agarthian Storyteller(not a character)
Ruji, Guardian Tressym
Adsila(no alias)
Ormarr(no alias)
Razule Yrrum
Taron Sunwake
Headmaster Ryo
Lysander Sandwalker and 3 kids(who have no alias)


Who Knows? Kobold (smurf template; brony template) Witch 7/Fighter 4

Between the flying cat, the dragon and my slurk, I think there are too many pets. :P

Almost makes me regret this new character. Almost, but not quite. Because slurks are pretty cool.

Shadow Lodge

Kobold Cleaver wrote:
Between the flying cat, the dragon and my slurk, I think there are too many pets. :P

You are forgetting Ormarr's snakes and Adsila's plants(you'd regret saying they don't count)! They used to turn Ryo's house into a tiny rainforest when he was gone! XD


Male Dhampir Champion of Darkness, Order of the Gunslinger initiate

I was wondering if Ryo's "old" charges were at the school or not.


Who Knows? Kobold (smurf template; brony template) Witch 7/Fighter 4
Dragonborn3 wrote:
Kobold Cleaver wrote:
Between the flying cat, the dragon and my slurk, I think there are too many pets. :P
You are forgetting Ormarr's snakes and Adsila's plants(you'd regret saying they don't count)! They used to turn Ryo's house into a tiny rainforest when he was gone! XD

Oh, right. Where are they, anyway? I'd assume they'd fit in in the school rather well.


Female awww, but that would be telling unknown
Kobold Cleaver wrote:
Dragonborn3 wrote:
Kobold Cleaver wrote:
Between the flying cat, the dragon and my slurk, I think there are too many pets. :P
You are forgetting Ormarr's snakes and Adsila's plants(you'd regret saying they don't count)! They used to turn Ryo's house into a tiny rainforest when he was gone! XD
Oh, right. Where are they, anyway? I'd assume they'd fit in in the school rather well.

I'd guess they're part of the staff? I mean, it has been awhile. The triplets are 26 (which makes them physically the equivalent of 17)so that makes it 28 years from where we left things last.

Shadow Lodge

lynora wrote:
I'd guess they're part of the staff? I mean, it has been awhile.

For shame! Have you forgotten that they both made an appearance in "A Cure for Boredom"? >:(

Yeah, Ormarr and Adsila are still at the school, they just prefer to stay outdoors(which is good, since that is where their classes are held) now that Ryo's got the environmental control part of the wards working.

Agarthian Fact: Avalon is situated in a northern region of the Inner World. It doesn't always snow, but warm days are a rare treat indeed off campus.

lynora wrote:
The triplets are 26 (which makes them physically the equivalent of 17)so that makes it 28 years from where we left things last.

26? I've got to work on some stuff then, I thought they were around 20...

>.>


Female awww, but that would be telling unknown
Dragonborn3 wrote:
lynora wrote:
I'd guess they're part of the staff? I mean, it has been awhile.

For shame! Have you forgotten that they both made an appearance in "A Cure for Boredom"? >:(

Yeah, Ormarr and Adsila are still at the school, they just prefer to stay outdoors(which is good, since that is where their classes are held) now that Ryo's got the environmental control part of the wards working.

Agarthian Fact: Avalon is situated in a northern region of the Inner World. It doesn't always snow, but warm days are a rare treat indeed off campus.

lynora wrote:
The triplets are 26 (which makes them physically the equivalent of 17)so that makes it 28 years from where we left things last.

26? I've got to work on some stuff then, I thought they were around 20...

>.>

I remembered them in the story, but I couldn't remember if they were in the school or the house. It has been a bit since I read the story. I know, I know. I should have memorized it better. ;P

Yeah, 26 puts them just at the beginning of the juvenile category which is the earliest they could be considered sexually mature, i.e. bonding wouldn't have been possible earlier than that. Normally a dragon would have to be in the young adult category for that, but we said that the weredragons matured an age category sooner in that regards.

Shadow Lodge

As long as you realize where you went wrong. XD

By the way, I'm not trying to detract from the wonderful Slurk vs. Towel watching event, just trying to establish that the four are there.

Oh, and if Ephebe looks at them.. Remember the feeling she got from the 3 little kids(a set of twins[boy and girl] and an older brother]? That's doubled if she gets close to Lysander. Getting close to all three makes it stack.


Pshh! Throw'em in. It's all fun.

The whole battle is reminding me of the "Godzilla vs Cthulu" type threads in the main area of the board...

"Juvenile Slurk vs Determined Unseen Servant - FIGHT!"


Who Knows? Kobold (smurf template; brony template) Witch 7/Fighter 4

500 posts. And only one major fight scene thus far.


F Sylph

This is a chatty bunch! I thought it was something when one of the other games I'm in cracked 1000 in a month, but this is intense! Keep it up, all, this is such great stuff! :-D


Oh yes, we are an active bunch indeed! (^-^) This is pretty much how the first one went, page accumulation wise.

Plus, Tamrin never would have thought of "Slurks Gone Wild" without you guys!

I have got to memorize the language in my profile though if I'm going to keep posting in it! Searching for the letters is tiring! :(


Kobold Cleaver wrote:
500 posts. And only one major fight scene thus far.

Hm... well, true Slurk v Towel was an epic battle, but I think you are forgetting that little altercation with the shadow elementals. That's got to count for at least a half of a battle. ;)


Who Knows? Kobold (smurf template; brony template) Witch 7/Fighter 4
Headmaster Ryo wrote:

Oh yes, we are an active bunch indeed! (^-^) This is pretty much how the first one went, page accumulation wise.

Plus, Tamrin never would have thought of "Slurks Gone Wild" without you guys!

I have got to memorize the language in my profile though if I'm going to keep posting in it! Searching for the letters is tiring! :(

Yeah, speaking Goblin with Darst was something I dreaded until I wrote it all down. In another PbP I'm in, I have a similar problem with Draconic which has yet to be remedied.

/\ Eh, I suppose.


Male Dhampir Champion of Darkness, Order of the Gunslinger initiate

And Silver had to fight the cooks for ice cream.


Female awww, but that would be telling unknown
Dragonborn3 wrote:

As long as you realize where you went wrong. XD

By the way, I'm not trying to detract from the wonderful Slurk vs. Towel watching event, just trying to establish that the four are there.

Oh, and if Ephebe looks at them.. Remember the feeling she got from the 3 little kids(a set of twins[boy and girl] and an older brother]? That's doubled if she gets close to Lysander. Getting close to all three makes it stack.

Ugh. Feeling like an idiot. I didn't really remember so I tried to go back and find the post and I can't. I can't find anything referencing an odd feeling. Which means I probably went right past it like three times.


Male Dhampir Champion of Darkness, Order of the Gunslinger initiate
Headmaster Ryo wrote:

Summon Undead can also be found in Libris Mortis.

"While I do enjoy a good debate, how about we move this inside somewhere a little more private? As for your update Tamrin, I have found several people in this school that share characteristics, but none that match." Ryo says as he walks out from behind them to open his office door(which may or may not have been there before). He speaks quietly to the three children* from before(who are already in the office) and they run out of the room.

"Poa Byby!" They shout in unison as they scurry off.

"Poa!" Ryo says before he motions for everyone to come in and have a seat(in chairs that appear out of nowhere) "I apologize for not being able to help with the incident in the cafeteria, but it seems whatever plan this boy has involves distracting me from his real plans. Is everyone alright?"

*Ephebe gets a weird feeling from these kids

Is Vakkler here? Just need to know if I should translate.

Here.

Shadow Lodge

lynora wrote:
Ugh. Feeling like an idiot. I didn't really remember so I tried to go back and find the post and I can't. I can't find anything referencing an odd feeling. Which means I probably went right past it like three times.

No problem, it's probably my fault since I put it in OOC brackets. Here you go.

EDIT: How could I be ninja'd by a gunmage?


Female awww, but that would be telling unknown

Thanks guys. :)


Male Dhampir Champion of Darkness, Order of the Gunslinger initiate
Dragonborn3 wrote:
lynora wrote:
Ugh. Feeling like an idiot. I didn't really remember so I tried to go back and find the post and I can't. I can't find anything referencing an odd feeling. Which means I probably went right past it like three times.

No problem, it's probably my fault since I put it in OOC brackets. Here you go.

EDIT: How could I be ninja'd by a gunmage?

*spins post guns then holster them*

Awesome like that I guess.


That post should make things just a tiny bit more interesting...


Who Knows? Kobold (smurf template; brony template) Witch 7/Fighter 4

What did Silver ever do to Lysander?


Kobold Cleaver wrote:
What did Silver ever do to Lysander?

Nothing, everything said was directed at Ephebe. I couldn't care less about that flimsy-winged mockery of draconic kind.

No offense, Asch.


Who Knows? Kobold (smurf template; brony template) Witch 7/Fighter 4
Lysander Sandwalker wrote:
Kobold Cleaver wrote:
What did Silver ever do to Lysander?

Nothing, everything said was directed at Ephebe. I couldn't care less about that flimsy-winged mockery of draconic kind.

No offense, Asch.

I was joking. Couldn't you detect the humorous tone in my voice?


Kobold Cleaver wrote:
Lysander Sandwalker wrote:
Kobold Cleaver wrote:
What did Silver ever do to Lysander?

Nothing, everything said was directed at Ephebe. I couldn't care less about that flimsy-winged mockery of draconic kind.

No offense, Asch.

I was joking. Couldn't you detect the humorous tone in my voice?

Nope. That sort of thing doesn't cross over well in text form! ;)


"I'll show you a mockery!"

Euphoria breath attack dc 12 fort or staggered , sickened , and immune to fear effects for1d6 ⇒ 1 rounds. :p


Who Knows? Kobold (smurf template; brony template) Witch 7/Fighter 4
Lysander Sandwalker wrote:
Kobold Cleaver wrote:
Lysander Sandwalker wrote:
Kobold Cleaver wrote:
What did Silver ever do to Lysander?

Nothing, everything said was directed at Ephebe. I couldn't care less about that flimsy-winged mockery of draconic kind.

No offense, Asch.

I was joking. Couldn't you detect the humorous tone in my voice?
Nope. That sort of thing doesn't cross over well in text form! ;)

Har har. Quit joking around, Dragon.


That DC seems a little low, you know familiars use their master's HD for DC calculation, right?[/The More You Know!

*blink blink*

"I've got a little cousin who can make pretty colors too, what else ya got?"

Shadow Lodge

Kobold Cleaver wrote:
Har har. Quit joking around, Dragon.

ToT


Who Knows? Kobold (smurf template; brony template) Witch 7/Fighter 4
Asch playing the part of Silver wrote:

"I'll show you a mockery!"

Euphoria breath attack dc 12 fort or staggered , sickened , and immune to fear effects for1 d6 rounds. :p

No use. Kobolds are immune to anti-fear effects.

Dragonborn wrote:
ToT

You seem agitated.

Sunwake wrote:
"I've got a little cousin who can make pretty colors too, what else ya got?"

Um, why are you asking me?

Shadow Lodge

As fun as it is to use emoticons to express emotions through text, I must bid you farewell for the night.

*tosses a rose as he jumps over the edge of the parapet*

@}-;-'---

151 to 200 of 45,853 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post Discussion / Tales of Agartha: The Avalon Chronicles Discussion Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.