Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

The Avalon Chronicles

Game Master lynora

This is a high level rules light game set in a school for magical kids, kinda a mash-up of Soul Eater, Harry Potter, and X-Men. :)


1 to 50 of 40,469 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Inside the magical world of Agartha is a school. A very special school for teaching gifted youngsters to control their abilities. Another school year has just begun and things are as always interesting, chaotic, and occasionally out of control...


You forgot potentially fatal. Especially if/when Ryo reveals a 7-year secret! 0_0


Quite Male Halfling
Agarthian Storyteller wrote:
You forgot potentially fatal. Especially if/when Ryo reveals a 7-year secret! 0_0

There's an ointment for that. Here ya go, zippy.

Doc Zeppler's got your back! ;)


Way to break the tension there Doc...


Male Kobold (Young Adult Black dragon) Gestalt Sorceror/Oracle 16 Necromancer; Champion of Death

Checkin' in...


Male Kobold Expert 6/Rogue 4/Fighter 3

Here's what I've got so far. Yeah, pretty much nothing stat-wise. The repeating ballista is a prototype, and extremely fragile.


Quite Male Halfling
Cardcaster Ryo wrote:
Way to break the tension there Doc...

He's taking over again. Be afraid....

Spoiler:

Reminds me of your first colonic irrigation, actually...

Doc Zeppler - so good, you never see the needle! ;)

Oops...


Ryleh Her usual mode of dress.

*glares at Zeppler*

I will never understand your attempts at humor...;P


Agarthian Storyteller wrote:
You forgot potentially fatal. Especially if/when Ryo reveals a 7-year secret! 0_0

Only seven years? hmmm....that does limit the possibilities....


Image

"So," she said, carelessly tucking a screwdriver behind her ear, "how many students do I get this term? I'm really looking forward to this." ^.^


Quite Male Halfling
Ryleh wrote:

*glares at Zeppler*

I will never understand your attempts at humor...;P

But the simple fact that you keep trying to warms this lonely halfling's heart... ;D


Female Ironbound "Earthbender"

Still trying to figure out an actual race for Marra but I'm here! I'm leaning a bit more towards my combined Warforged/Earth Elemental type being idea unless anyone has some other cool suggestion. and if taht does not work i'm cool with being an Oread. Otherwise I also need some help with a class I suppose since nothing really seems to fit the style I want with Marra.

Shadow Lodge

Don't worry about them then. Make up a race. Forget class levels and make stuff up as you go along(Ryo was a Seer and a Cardcaster, neither of which had classes at the time, though Oracle could fit now. I'm still not going to stat him out yet!).


Marra Ironbound wrote:
Still trying to figure out an actual race for Marra but I'm here! I'm leaning a bit more towards my combined Warforged/Earth Elemental type being idea unless anyone has some other cool suggestion. and if taht does not work i'm cool with being an Oread. Otherwise I also need some help with a class I suppose since nothing really seems to fit the style I want with Marra.

If you go for warforged be prepared to fend off tinkering attempts. ^.^

(Don't let that discourage you...more o a friendly heads up.) :D

As for the class thing....I ended up using a mish mash. I went with monk as the base cause that had most of the right feel, but pared off some monk abilities and added in the rock stuff as spell-like abilities. The spell transmute rock to mud and vice versa and the psionic powers involving telekinesis make a good base to give you some idea of what you could expect to be transforming/ tossing around at what level. I don't think per day limits are really fitting with the earthbender theme, so don't worry about that.


Female awww, but that would be telling unknown
Dragonborn3 wrote:
Don't worry about them then. Make up a race. Forget class levels and make stuff up as you go along(Ryo was a Seer and a Cardcaster, neither of which had classes at the time, though Oracle could fit now. I'm still not going to stat him out yet!).

And yes, this. Don't sweat the details. It's important to give yourself limits, but don't get too hung up about it.


Female Ironbound "Earthbender"
Aananda wrote:
Marra Ironbound wrote:
Still trying to figure out an actual race for Marra but I'm here! I'm leaning a bit more towards my combined Warforged/Earth Elemental type being idea unless anyone has some other cool suggestion. and if taht does not work i'm cool with being an Oread. Otherwise I also need some help with a class I suppose since nothing really seems to fit the style I want with Marra.

If you go for warforged be prepared to fend off tinkering attempts. ^.^

(Don't let that discourage you...more o a friendly heads up.) :D

As for the class thing....I ended up using a mish mash. I went with monk as the base cause that had most of the right feel, but pared off some monk abilities and added in the rock stuff as spell-like abilities. The spell transmute rock to mud and vice versa and the psionic powers involving telekinesis make a good base to give you some idea of what you could expect to be transforming/ tossing around at what level. I don't think per day limits are really fitting with the earthbender theme, so don't worry about that.

The reason I said Warforged was more because I intended her to be a sort of metal on the outside, rock on the inside type of creature and Warforged are the best thing I could think of that are sentient hehe people can TRY tinkering with her, they just best be prepared for a paunch to the face xD!

As for the class stuff that actually sounds pretty good, not exactly sure how far I'll be able to go with it at whatever level i'm allowed to be but if anything I'll probably be told no if I try something waaaaay out of my power league xD and just fix it(or perhaps fail spectacularly which could end up being far more fun hehe)


Male Drow (noble) 14 Ranger

For Krays I was thinking I don;t even really need to take True Necro levels, as the "feel" is pretty well covered by the oracle mystery and the undead bloodline from sorceror. I'm still gonna choose some feats and spells from Libris Mortis...that stuff is full of flavorful win.


Marra Ironbound wrote:

The reason I said Warforged was more because I intended her to be a sort of metal on the outside, rock on the inside type of creature and Warforged are the best thing I could think of that are sentient hehe people can TRY tinkering with her, they just best be prepared for a paunch to the face xD!

As for the class stuff that actually sounds pretty good, not exactly sure how far I'll be able to go with it at whatever level i'm allowed to be but if anything I'll probably be told no if I try something waaaaay out of my power league xD and just fix it(or perhaps fail spectacularly which could end up being far more fun hehe)

If you have access to the Advanced Bestiary from Green Ronin, you should check out the metal-clad template. You could apply that to an Oread and get what you're looking for with that possibly...

[EDIT:] Good News - someone over at the Pathfinder OGC site has actually converted the template. Check it out here for some possible inspiration. :)


Female Ironbound "Earthbender"
Imperial Chronicler wrote:


If you have access to the Advanced Bestiary from Green Ronin, you should check out the metal-clad template. You could apply that to an Oread and get what you're looking for with that possibly...

[EDIT:] Good News - someone over at the Pathfinder OGC site has actually converted the template. Check it out here for some possible inspiration. :)

Awesome :D I think I'll do as you mentioned and go Ionclad Oread but I'm just gonna call it a Ironbound which shall be her last name and race. ^_^


Marra Ironbound wrote:
Awesome :D I think I'll do as you mentioned and go Ionclad Oread but I'm just gonna call it a Ironbound which shall be her last name and race. ^_^

Sounds good! Glad I was able to find that.

And while I'm thinking about it, here are some sites to reference for quick access to core rules and ideas that could help everybody:

Pathfinder OGC

Pathfinder Database

The Pathfinder Wiki

The Archives of Nethys

And now back to RL work before I get concussed.... (o.O)


F Sylph

W0000t! Hi everybody! *'Sima waves shyly*


Male Kobold Expert 6/Rogue 4/Fighter 3
Nasima Shearskye wrote:
W0000t! Hi everybody! *'Sima waves shyly*

Vakkler jumps. "Watch it, kid!" he snaps. "Running around like that will lead to fatalities!"


F Sylph

Nasima sort of ducks, chagrined, and immediately stops waving her hand and slowly pulls it back down to her side. She doesn't move anything except her eyes, which slowly scan back and forth to see if anyone spotted her faux pas. She gives a tight and embarrassed little smile as her cheeks flush.

Thunder can be heard in the distance.


Male Kobold Expert 6/Rogue 4/Fighter 3
Nasima Shearskye wrote:

Nasima sort of ducks, chagrined, and immediately stops waving her hand and slowly pulls it back down to her side. She doesn't move anything except her eyes, which slowly scan back and forth to see if anyone spotted her faux pas. She gives a tight and embarrassed little smile as her cheeks flush from embarrassment.

Thunder can be heard in the distance.

The kobold glances towards the sound, and looks similarly abashed. He coughs. "Well, I suppose you're entitled to a little frivolity. Go on, wave and bounce as much as you like."

He slowly backs away.


Female Ironbound "Earthbender"

Added a bit more to Marra's profile ^_^ (and by a bit more I mean actually added something lol!)


F Sylph

'Sima's eyes go wide at the sound of thunder, especially since it's a gloriously sunny day outside. Oh no, not now, not HIM, not on the first day!
"hnnnnn...haaaaaaaa...hnnnnn...hhhaaaaaa" The teen closes her eyes and tucks her legs up into lotus position and begins breathing deeply in an effort to regain calm. If that was just some weather-kid or something pranking his friends I am gonna be SO embarrassed...


Male Drow (noble) 14 Ranger

ok...giving it more thought...
I'm thinking something more like a mix between a summoner a sorc and an oracle...
mystery and bloodline abilities from bone oracle and undead sorc, spells from both sources, and undead summon SLAs and a beefed up undead pet...
Kinda like a necromancer from EQ2...

is this over the top?

EDIT: How do we do gear?

If the story is we're gifted youngsters that are mechanicly teens level in power, it'd make sense to not have much gear...


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6
Nasima Shearskye wrote:

'Sima's eyes go wide at the sound of thunder, especially since it's a gloriously sunny day outside. Oh no, not now, not HIM, not on the first day!

"hnnnnn...haaaaaaaa...hnnnnn...hhhaaaaaa" The teen closes her eyes and tucks her legs up into lotus position and begins breathing deeply in an effort to regain calm. If that was just some weather-kid or something pranking his friends I am gonna be SO embarrassed...

"I find that the cafeteria is a better place to meditate. There's this one spot nobody sits in cause Jimmy rigged the ventilation system for a prank and now nobody can fix it...well, they made the stink go away, but it still blows cold air right there....anyways, that's where I go when I need some alone time. So, you know, if you..uh, need to use it sometimes...that's uh, okay with me," she finished, suddenly staring at her feet and wishing she could just stop talking.


Female awww, but that would be telling unknown
Kryzbyn wrote:

ok...giving it more thought...

I'm thinking something more like a mix between a summoner a sorc and an oracle...
mystery and bloodline abilities from bone oracle and undead sorc, spells from both sources, and undead summon SLAs and a beefed up undead pet...
Kinda like a necromancer from EQ2...

is this over the top?

EDIT: How do we do gear?

If the story is we're gifted youngsters that are mechanicly teens level in power, it'd make sense to not have much gear...

Let's see...how do we do gear? Ummm.....mostly we make stuff up. Seriously if there's something you need for your character concept then you have it, within reason, use your good judgement. But don't worry about being tricked out. You are in a school after all. :)

As for over the top....that's what this game is for. :)
Give yourself reasonable limits, but cool factor always wins here.


Female Ironbound "Earthbender"

Marra lets out a sigh as she opens her eyes to look at the others in the general area, she had been getting a bit of rest after working out earlier but the talking was far to frequent now for her to stay asleep. "Whats going on?" She asks as she pulls herself to her feet as she casts an annoyed look upon any in the area.


F Sylph

Nasima's eyes snap open. "Oh I wasn't...er..." well maybe i was meditating, good a word as any I guess that's a kind of 'deep thinking' or something i think right? "I don't wanna take your spot, I mean, that'ssuperniceofyou! Thank you! But...well if it's yours...uh...I'm Nasima by the way." Not knowing what else to do, and feeling completely stupid the whole while, 'Sima extends her hand. Shadows move on her chestnut skin like clouds over mountains, part of why she always wears sneakers, socks, pants, long-sleeve mock turtlenecks with arm warmers underneath to help cover her hands, and has her cloud-white hair in her face. Unfortunately her lineage means that various winds are constantly blowing her hair all over the place, but she can mostly keep it in her face if she concentrates.

"I'm from the Air plane." She winces. oh and that didn't sound moronic at all "I mean, not AN airplane, but the Plane of Air. Sort of an intersection of it really, but, uh, but where are you from?"


F Sylph

I suppose I shouldn't be IC'ing it up in this joint. Can't resist. :-p


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6
Nasima Shearskye wrote:
I suppose I shouldn't be IC'ing it up in this joint. Can't resist. :-p

Addictive ain't it? :)

We can copy and paste and finish that little exchange when the actual IC thread gets started. :)


Male Kobold Expert 6/Rogue 4/Fighter 3

It's a common occurrence, entering an IC conversation while on the Discussion Thread. I personally don't see it as a problem, since it gives people eager to roleplay a chance to do so, without pressuring others to finish quickly.

Vakkler watches the exchange from a distance. "I aught to demand a raise..." he mutters.


F Sylph
Ephebe wrote:
Nasima Shearskye wrote:
I suppose I shouldn't be IC'ing it up in this joint. Can't resist. :-p
Addictive ain't it? :)

When you've got great RP'ers around it sure is. ^_^

Ephebe wrote:


We can copy and paste and finish that little exchange when the actual IC thread gets started. :)

Word up.


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6
Vakkler Relkav wrote:

It's a common occurrence, entering an IC conversation while on the Discussion Thread. I personally don't see it as a problem, since it gives people eager to roleplay a chance to do so, without pressuring others to finish quickly.

Vakkler watches the exchange from a distance. "I aught to demand a raise..." he mutters.

It's not that. Ephebe's difficulty making friend is a bit of a plot point. Realized I needed to save this bit for the start of the game.:)


Male Kobold Expert 6/Rogue 4/Fighter 3
Ephebe wrote:
Vakkler Relkav wrote:

It's a common occurrence, entering an IC conversation while on the Discussion Thread. I personally don't see it as a problem, since it gives people eager to roleplay a chance to do so, without pressuring others to finish quickly.

Vakkler watches the exchange from a distance. "I aught to demand a raise..." he mutters.

It's not that. Ephebe's difficulty making friend is a bit of a plot point. Realized I needed to save this bit for the s[art of the game.:)

Ah, I remember. Alright, then.


Female awww, but that would be telling unknown

Vakkler, we have a request from someone wishing to play a janitor. You okay with going more the gamekeeper/teacher route? Don't want to step on your toes with concept. I gave a tentative okay, but I can try to steer things another direction if you object.


Kind Of Hard To Tell? I Mean He's A Kobold And Everything, Not That I'm Racist... Kobold (smurf template; brony template) Shaman 7/Fighter 4
lynora wrote:
Vakkler, we have a request from someone wishing to play a janitor. You okay with going more the gamekeeper/teacher route? Don't want to step on your toes with concept. I gave a tentative okay, but I can try to steer things another direction if you object.

That's fine. I actually preferred Vakkler be a gamekeeper than a janitor.


Female awww, but that would be telling unknown
Kobold Cleaver wrote:
lynora wrote:
Vakkler, we have a request from someone wishing to play a janitor. You okay with going more the gamekeeper/teacher route? Don't want to step on your toes with concept. I gave a tentative okay, but I can try to steer things another direction if you object.
That's fine. I actually preferred Vakkler be a gamekeeper than a janitor.

Cool. I just wanted to make sure. Then I will tell the other potential new person that their concept is solid. :)


Male Dhampir Champion of Darkness, Order of the Gunslinger initiate

Just wanted to pop in and say Cyra's concept is race succubus / class undecided.


Female awww, but that would be telling unknown
Asch Redgrave wrote:
Just wanted to pop in and say Cyra's concept is race succubus / class undecided.

Well, that should be interesting. :)

Looking forward to seeing what she comes up with.


Asch Redgrave wrote:
succubus

Oh come on! I just got rid of one not two months ago! Does Uncle just say "Oh, that's a neat name, I think I'll invite them to the school!"

Referencing a story I wrote set in Agartha, where a succubus was part of a group trying to kidnap Kamenwati near the end. I'm actually fine with it.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6

"If Uncle limited enrollment only to those we hadn't picked a fight with at some point, brother dear, the school would be empty." ;P


And that, sister dear, is where you would be wrong! The succubus I got rid of was not a student! I was simply stating that Uncle seems to just let all kinds of megalomaniacs into the school!

I know, ironic as it may be, that it is not that boring here!


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6

Yes, Tare, but I didn't say she was a student. I was simply commenting on the fact that over the years I think one or the other of us has picked a fight with practically everything at one time or another. And admit it, you love how not boring it is here. :)


Male Elven (reincarnated - originally Human) Fighter 5 / Wizard 10 / Arcane Gunslinger 10 / Arcane Gunmaster 5

[Sigh...]


Things were much easier back then, when everything was boring for me, no matter what it was... *far off look*

But I wouldn't change for all the Inner World. Don't worry big sister, you'll know what I mean one day. ;)


Male Kobold Expert 6/Rogue 4/Fighter 3

I said 'demon-ridden'. I actually said it...


Male Kobold (Young Adult Black dragon) Gestalt Sorceror/Oracle 16 Necromancer; Champion of Death

A grey-robed kobold walks in, looking down at his papers...he is followed by a slightly larger individual, wearing a hooded cloak, packed to the hilt like a mule. He mumbles to himself with a confused look on his face...then notices others around him. He strightens up a bit, clears his throat, then...

Draconic Umm...excuse me. Does anyone know where the dorms are?

1 to 50 of 40,469 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post Discussion / Tales of Agartha: The Avalon Chronicles Discussion Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.