Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

The Academae

Game Master Shane Gifford

Play the life of a student at the Academae, a school for wizards.


901 to 938 of 938 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>

Male Human Wizard 1

Yaaay, more combat that Cezar won't do jack in!
Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Male Elf (Kyoni) Wizard (Banisher) 1

The arrangement isn't exactly how I pictured it, but my position looks fine. Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12


Female Human Wizard(Evoker) 1

I thought I was closer to her than that, but I suppose it'll work.


Male Half-dork 5 Nerd (universalist)

I squished you guys in closer together. Tell me if this is better.

Map.

Initiative order:

21 Vasile

20 Hathin

12 Suleiyel

6 Cezar

4 Figurine

No surprise round, so go ahead with starting actions. Remember, she's flat-footed until she acts, so no AoO's.


WS , BS , S , T , Ag , Int , Per , WP , Fel , Wounds /, FP /

Round 1:

Hathin stands and passes his familiar back onto his shoulder before lashing out at the doll with a meaty fist...
Fist (non-lethal): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 for 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Though as a construct she's probably immune to that, just don't have enough time to draw his club this round as he has to stand from prone.


Female Human Wizard(Evoker) 1

Vasile will hold her action, and, seeing that Hathin takes a swing, cast a Toppling Magic Missile at the doll.

Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Trip: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21


Male Half-dork 5 Nerd (universalist)

Hathin barely grazes the doll with his fist. Vasile's Magic Missile connects and the doll is sent sprawling.


Male Elf (Kyoni) Wizard (Banisher) 1

Now the front is like how I imagined it -- but if you put me back where Cezar is, Pakak where I am, and Cezar where Pakak is, then I think that would fit the RP better. I feel certain that Pakak would've maintained line of sight when he stepped back.

Acid splash: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 Miss
...for 1d3 ⇒ 3 damage.

Suleiyel drops his candle, puts it out with his foot, and casts a common cantrip. A glob of acid shoots from the elf's hand, but his aim is off and it splashes harmlessly into the wall.

Spellcraft to recognize Vasile's spell: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15 Failure
Perception to see that she didn't touch the doll: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16 Success (I assume)

"Trade places, Vasile? I can do more from up close."

If she agrees, would it just take a 5' step from me now and from her next turn for that? If no, how about a move action?


Male Half-dork 5 Nerd (universalist)

A 5-foot step from both is fine. Even though it should technically require a teamwork feat I believe, I don't really mind, as I didn't take a whole lotta input from you guys to where you wanted to be for the start of the fight.

Just need Hathin and Cezar's actions.

The Exchange

Male Human Bard 1/Barbarian 1

Pakak and Cezar's.

Alright, gimme a second to get around you.

You're good to go as soon as I'm up, Suleiyel.


Male Dwarf Wizard (Abjurer)-6 (Mythic Archmage 1)(Current HP 41/41)

Whoa. Never rains but it pours. Sorry to hold folks up.

"When I died?" Pakak blinks, "Is she possessed?"

No real time for answers though as he finds himself ill prepared spell wise. Burning hands might engulf someone else in these tight quarters.

Instead he tries a ray of frost almost flinging the frost from his finger tip.Why do I feel guilty doing this?

Init": 1d20 ⇒ 20
to hit": 1d20 ⇒ 10
dmg if hits": 1d3 ⇒ 2


Male Elf (Kyoni) Wizard (Banisher) 1

"Apparently so. At least it's better than my initial hypothesis."


Male Half-dork 5 Nerd (universalist)

I did mean to say Pakak before.

Pakak attempts to fire a line of cold around the box, but shoots too high over the doll who was knocked down by Vasile.


Male Human Wizard 1

Cezar mumbles almost imperceptibly, but clears his throat and repeats himself. Clutching his piglet tightly, he raises his arm to point at the fallen doll.
"D-don't you dare hurt him...I don't want to have to explain to mister Pestico why you're damaged, but I won't allow you to hurt my friends..."
Preparing an action to use a Blinding Ray if she attacks anyone at all. Attack roll when desired.


Male Half-dork 5 Nerd (universalist)

After Cezar issues his warning of sorts, the doll stands up and lashes at Hathin with very sharp nails. Roll for your touch attack, Cezar. She has more HD than you class level, so a success only dazzles her.

Attack on Hathin: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Damage: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


WS , BS , S , T , Ag , Int , Per , WP , Fel , Wounds /, FP /

Round 2: 4/8 HP

Hathin takes the gouge in stoic silence before bringing his club to bear in a savage two-handed crosswise swipe...

Club: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21 for 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

...blood clearly up as the weapon crunches into the doll's torso. Hathin roaring defiantly as it does.


Female Human Wizard(Evoker) 1

Vasile takes her 5-foot step, unleashing another missile of force, this one not quite as powerful.

Force Missile Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

5/7 left.


Male Elf (Kyoni) Wizard (Banisher) 1

Looks like we still need Cezar's readied action from round 1 that was triggered at init 4, and Pakak is next in round 2 at init 20, so I'll wait a bit.


Male Human Wizard 1

Ranged Touch Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
This would affect her attack roll that she just made, if that matters at all, Hathin.


Male Dwarf Wizard (Abjurer)-6 (Mythic Archmage 1)(Current HP 41/41)

Pakak states, "Wonderful, so we need an exorcist"

He flings another ray of frost

1d20 ⇒ 4
1d3 ⇒ 1


Male Elf (Kyoni) Wizard (Banisher) 1

Round 2, Initiative 12
AC 12, hp 6/6

Attack with club: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10 Miss
...for 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 damage.

"So it seems." Suleiyel draws his club and swipes at the doll's head one-handed, then glances over his shoulder at Vasile. "Can you knock it down again? This isn't exactly -//- what I had in mind." The lanky elf's attempt at being suave is ruined by his voice breaking under the stress, momentarily reverting from its usual baritone to his childhood alto. He blushes hotly.


Female Human Wizard(Evoker) 1

"I can try, I suppose."


Male Half-dork 5 Nerd (universalist)

This is amusing, how you guys are chatting it up as teenagers while in the middle of a fight.

Hathin's club knocks the doll solidly on an arm, and bits of her paint and porcelain come off as the club smashes into it.


Female Human Wizard(Evoker) 1

Nothing happens with the rest of our actions? I hit her with a bit of damage. And why wouldn't we chat it up? :P


Male Half-dork 5 Nerd (universalist)

Your missile did hit it. Not sure how I missed that. I believe that's everyone but Cezar, so I'll put the doll's attack up now.

Attack at Hathin again: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Damage: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Would the dazzle still be in effect? That'll make the difference between a hit and a miss. I'm inclined to say it ends on Cezar's initiative, before the doll acts.


Female Human Wizard(Evoker) 1

1 round, meaning it ends on his initiative.

Vasile casts another Toppling Magic Missile.

1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

No trip. :(

Sorry, but I tried.


WS , BS , S , T , Ag , Int , Per , WP , Fel , Wounds /, FP /

10 is still a miss as Hathin's AC is 11... unless the +3 is with the dazzle.

4 or 1 / 8 HP

Hathin grunts with effort as he brings the club around for another strike...

Club: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14 for 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Male Elf (Kyoni) Wizard (Banisher) 1

It looks like we've done maybe 22 or 29 damage -- and by "we" I mean Hathin and Vasile ;) -- so I'm going to hold off until I know the doll's status, before describing my round 3 action.


Male Half-dork 5 Nerd (universalist)

Doll down.

Vasile's missile and Hathin's blow with his club both knock into the doll simultaneously, and it knocks into the wall and then falls to the floor. At the same time, a ghastly wailing emanates from it, and a chill enters the room. However, the feeling passes, and there are no obvious signs of any more fight in the doll. It is pretty badly damaged from the fight, but the body held together, and it looks like it would probably be fixable with enough effort.


WS , BS , S , T , Ag , Int , Per , WP , Fel , Wounds /, FP /

Hathin roars at the broken doll and gives it a solid kick just to make sure that it is down for good. He then pants heavily as he brings himself back under control.

He then crouches by the doll's body and looks for the butterfly clip.


Female Human Wizard(Evoker) 1

Vasile sighs. "Well, it's unfortunate we had to break her, but it's all we could do. You okay, Hathin?"


WS , BS , S , T , Ag , Int , Per , WP , Fel , Wounds /, FP /

Hathin nods from where he crouches without raising his head.


Male Elf (Kyoni) Wizard (Banisher) 1

Suleiyel speaks softly. "I was hoping to suppress the ghost without damaging the doll so much. I'm no priest, but I know protection from evil. Do you think that I should cast it on the doll?" He pauses and speaks again. "But how could it possess the figurine *there* from *here*? It seems odd."


Male Dwarf Wizard (Abjurer)-6 (Mythic Archmage 1)(Current HP 41/41)

"Makes me wish I'd prepared that spell..." Pakak considers, and nods to the elf "That spell is crafted to help ward off influences like that so it might be wise. " He looks at the body of the doll, "While we're at it, anyone have a mending spell handy?"


Female Human Wizard(Evoker) 1

Vasile shakes her head. I don't really have much practice fixing things. I'm much, much better at knocking them down or breaking them.


Male Dwarf Wizard (Abjurer)-6 (Mythic Archmage 1)(Current HP 41/41)

Pakak grins at Vasile, "You are the last person in the academy I expected to say that.. well.. second to the last." He looks around, "Can anyone else mend?"


Male Elf (Kyoni) Wizard (Banisher) 1

A smile plays around the lanky elf's lips. "If I had the cantrip memorized, and she weighed less than a pound, and she weren't as complex as a creature, and her magic wasn't beyond my ability, and we hadn't incapacitated her, and you were willing to stand around in a musty basement watching me chant and gesture for at least ten minutes -- I'm guessing more like an hour or three -- then I could fix her." His expression grows serious as he looks at the doll. "I hate to bring her back like this, but I don't think that we have any choice."

I haven't cast protection from evil yet because I'm waiting for Hathin's response. (Not a prompt -- he appears to be waiting for Shane's response on the butterfly clip -- just an explanation.)


Male Dwarf Wizard (Abjurer)-6 (Mythic Archmage 1)(Current HP 41/41)

"I was hoping it would at least help...but yeah. I suppose you're right."


WS , BS , S , T , Ag , Int , Per , WP , Fel , Wounds /, FP /

Hathin indeed waiting to see if he finds the clip :)

901 to 938 of 938 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Academae All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.