Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


The Academae

Game Master Shane Gifford

Play the life of a student at the Academae, a school for wizards.


251 to 300 of 938 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Male Half-dork 5 Nerd (universalist)

The bodies stay unconscious as Silyph goes about casting at them. However, the arena continues to shift and churn, and you are unsure whether leaving them (or the two girls) where they're at would be safe.

Cezar, just say when you want to interject, if at all. We can retcon if necessary.


Male Half-dork 5 Nerd (universalist)

The centipede dissipated, once there were no conscious spellcasters nearby.


Female Elf Wizard Conjurer 1 (Infernal Binder)

Silyph will go about dragging her allies (Probably quite slowly due to 7 STR) out of the Arena and into the stands. After that's completed she'll do the same for her opponents.


Male Human Wizard 1

After his sister falls, Cezar sits back down clutching his piglet, and not paying much attention at all to the fight. Once everything seems to be over, he takes in the scene and frowns as he stands and makes his way to the arena.
No retconning necessary, I was content to watch :) I'm definitely lucky that I didn't get dragged into the fight. I've got...Illusion, Illusion, and more Illusion.
You did great, sis... he says quietly as he tries to pull Vasile to the stands, where Reem sits patiently.
If anything happens to make it so I can't get Vasile over there, I can change my actions.
Also, grats on your first combat, it was mine too, though I was an observer :P


Male Half-dork 5 Nerd (universalist)

After a few minutes, the "bodies" begin regaining consciousness. Nonlethal is lost at a rate of 1 per minute in this arena. None of them know that Silyph used acid splash on their bodies, unless Cezar tells them. No one has lasting damage though most feel sore for a few minutes.

When he gains consciousness, Mael frowns at Silyph, saying to Eudomia, "When this one can fight for herself instead of calling insults from afar like a craven, she can find me again." He leaves without further comment, ignoring anything else called after him. Silyph, you now have a Relationship score of 5 with Mael, on the rival path.

Eudomia is less rude, saying "Well fought, everyone. Though Mael cares not for conjurations, we would have won in a fair fight all the same. At any rate, you all seem a reliable sort." She stays silent for a moment, perhaps contemplating something, before stating very directly, "Would you all be interested in earning some coin?" She includes Cezar in her questioning glance.


Not in use

Hathin awakens with a groan and growl, moving to retrieve his club from where it was left. Seeing that the fight is over and unless someone specifically restrains him, he looks to slink back outside.


Female Elf Wizard Conjurer 1 (Infernal Binder)

For all Eudomia & Vasile know Silyph is an enchantress as those where the only spells she cast in their presence while they where still conscious, unless somebody mentions it to them ;)

Silyph is nothing but polite and gracious in spite of Maels comments. "It was a pleasant evening Mael, perhaps we can do it again some time. I assure you my bite is fiercer than my bark."

She smiles at Eudomia's suggestion. "It was a pleasure standing at your side, I'm far more interested in repaying the favor of setting up this enjoyable afternoon than I am with the promise of coin." she pauses.... "I'll take the opportunity to make some coin none the less, but anything for the beautiful elvish girl who's shown me such a good time." she adds.

She calls out to Hathin "Dear Hathin I much enjoyed our duel less so than your smile I'm afraid. Where are you off to in such a hurry?"


Male Half-dork 5 Nerd (universalist)

We'll say whispers were exchanged between Mael and Eudomia while everyone was recovering.


Female Human Wizard(Evoker) 1

That was a nice shot, Hathin. I didn't want to get smacked again, but it turns out you didn't need to be close to me anyway. Vasile smiles gently as she says this.

Regarding Eudomia's offer:Well, I'm never opposed to making some coin.

Vasile didn't try to identify Silyph's spell, so I don't actually know what you are. :P Not that it's terribly important to Vasile.


Not in use

Stopped by Vasile he accepts the comment and gives a slight wry smile "Throwing stick not much good compared to what you did" recalling the bolt of force conjured by her mind.

To Silyph he does not respond, brow furrowing at the difference between her demeanor within the ring and without. That is referring towards the trashtalk vs honeyed words


Female Human Wizard(Evoker) 1

Vasile blushes nearly imperceptibly at the comment. Yeah, I've found I'm pretty good with those. Have been since I learned to cast. In any case, you were a lot of fun to go up against. We should do it again some time.


Female Elf Wizard Conjurer 1 (Infernal Binder)

Silyph nods chiming in "Both of you where very impressive throwing that club was genius, Hathin. And Vasile that missile of force was amazing it knocked Hathin right off his feet."

Hathins furrowed brow visably hurts her feelings.

Sense Motive
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19 (Assuming that's enough to read into things)

She turns to both Pakak and Hathin and bows deeply. "I deeply apologize for anything said in the ring. I had only intended to disrupt your concentration and in turn throw you off your game and hopefully make you all sloppy with anger. I hope you don't take it personally." her eyes locked on the ground her posture overtly submissive and apologetic.

She adds to Eudomia "Sorry for abandoning you as well, I fear there was nothing I could do and intended to put some distance between myself and the melee oriented boys. If you see Mael please convey my deepest apologizes for the harsh words they where only meant to rile him up in the fight if you see him."


Male Half-dork 5 Nerd (universalist)

Eudomia gives a small laugh at the last comment, saying, "Oh, Mael doesn't need any help, he can rile himself up just fine." Seeing that Hathin is hoping to leave early, she calls to him, "I think you will appreciate this offer I am giving to you. Won't you stay to hear it?"

Whether or not Hathin and Pakak accept, Eudomia will tell those that are interested, "Mael and I often do jobs outside of the Academae. We work as freelancers, if you will. Recently, we've accepted a more... dangerous job than our usual fare. We decided we would need assistance, and where to find a more capable sort than with our own schoolmates? We wanted to test your mettle in battle, and even though Mael seems to have forgotten the point to this exercise, you have all passed. If you would accept, we have a rather lucrative job in mind."

She waits for comments from all of you before she continues. Will post the rest later.


Male Dwarf Wizard (Abjurer)-6 (Mythic Archmage 1)(Current HP 41/41)
Quote:
Eudomia is less rude, saying "Well fought, everyone. Though Mael cares not for conjurations, we would have won in a fair fight all the same. At any rate, you all seem a reliable sort." She stays silent for a moment, perhaps contemplating something, before stating very directly, "Would you all be interested in earning some coin?" She includes Cezar in her questioning glance.

Pakak dusts himself off and looks around to make sure everyone is on the mend, as it were. Hearing the offer, he raises a brow, "Depends on the job."

Quote:
She turns to both Pakak and Hathin and bows deeply. "I deeply apologize for anything said in the ring. I had only intended to disrupt your concentration and in turn throw you off your game and hopefully make you all sloppy with anger. I hope you don't take it personally." her eyes locked on the ground her posture overtly submissive and apologetic.

Pakak snorts, "That was pretty obvious...nothing compared to what I've had thrown at me nearly daily fcr most my life.No... I try to judge folks more by their actions or inactions." He doesn't smile when he says it and instead glances to the magic zone thoughtfully.

Huh, that zone I was in was like nothin' I seen before. Wonder if there are abjurations that can make one's magic immune to it? Probably beyond my ken NOW, but worth studying.

He also waits for details on the job.


Male Half-dork 5 Nerd (universalist)

After a brief pause, Eudomia goes on. "Our client this time is a merchant, a rather unpleasant man but one with good coin. He owns a profitable shipping company, based in Westcrown, though he owns a warehouse here in Korvosa. His warehouse seems to have come under siege from a rather bold group of pseudodragons, though he knows not why. They've harassed all his workers away, and gotten into some of his crates. He would have hired some other, more established mercenaries, but we offered a cheaper alternative, and this man is ever frugal. He wants us to find out what they want, and get them out. He doesn't care how, as long as we minimize damage to his precious cargo."

"He's offered us 240 gold for the job; we would split it even with you all, if you'd care to join us." She looks to you all expectantly, maybe even a little nervously.


Male Dwarf Wizard (Abjurer)-6 (Mythic Archmage 1)(Current HP 41/41)

"Pseudodragons..." He scratches his chin, "I never even met one before. Finding out what they want? Do they speak common?"


Male Half-dork 5 Nerd (universalist)

Eudomia nods. "This city is overrun by them, like winged cats. They are intelligent, though, and communicate via telepathy with other species. They are usually good-natured creatures, and war with the imps that lurk around the city. Though many of the buildings around Korvosa play host to the little lizards, usually there aren't so many in one place, and their aggressiveness is all but unheard of."


Female Elf Wizard Conjurer 1 (Infernal Binder)

Knowledge rolls:

Knowledge Arcana (Identify Creature) [DC=11]
Vhiloe's Aid.
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9 [Failure]
Silyphs roll
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13 [Success?]

Trying to determine if she knows anything that would be knoweledge from the bestiary entry, particularly their immunity to sleep effects. Anything else known would be nice as well.

If given the name of the merchant:

Knoweledge Local (Untrained can't know anything past a DC of 10) (See discussion thread if you want to know what I'm angling for as a player here)
Vhiloe's Aid
1d20 - 2 ⇒ (4) - 2 = 2
Silyphs Roll
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Silyph looks interested "Psuedodragons...." she says for a moment before wandering in thought.

She bows out of politeness "I'm sorry to impose, but I simply must know the name of my employer before I can agree to do any business. You wouldn't mind giving me a name now would you?" (@Shane: see discussion thread on the name)

She lets out a weary sigh. "I'm afraid this duel has sapped my magical powers and tired me out, what's the schedule on completion of this little job? Given a day to recoup I'll lend my aid, but I'd hate for it to interfere with my studies so any further delay would be appreciated even if it's not expressly needed."


Female Human Wizard(Evoker) 1

This sounds doable. A little rest would be nice, so I'd like to know the completion period as well, but other than that, I think we've got a deal, at least for me. Cezar, you wanna come too, or would you not be interested in such a thing?

Kn:Arcane for Pseudodragon:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Kn:Planar for Imps:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Imp doesn't really matter, I just know the pseudodragons fight with them.


Male Half-dork 5 Nerd (universalist)

Silyph knows that pseudodragons are resistant to all types of magic, have poisonous stingers that put people to sleep, and don't breathe fire like their larger cousins (unlike some common folk claim). However, she's unsure whether they are immune to sleep effects or not. She may have heard something along those lines before, but it was from an unreliable source.

Vasile knows the above information, and also knows that they are immune to sleep. They're also immune to paralysis, and naturally forest-dwelling.

Vasile also knows all the information about imps in the Bestiary entry. She also knows imps are a constant problem in Korvosa, most of them originating from failed binding attempts at the Academae.

Eudomia responds to Silyph, "We were to do it tomorrow, as we need to recover as well. It shan't take more than an afternoon, I think."

Edit: To Silyph's earlier question, Eudomia says, "He is named Arnolt Leroung."


Male Human Wizard 1

I won't be able to do anything, you know that I can't use my magic to hurt things like you do. he frowns, kicking the ground slightly as he looks down at his feet.


Male Half-dork 5 Nerd (universalist)

Eudomia says to Cezar, "No one said anything about hurting the pseudodragons. The merchant wants them gone, and he doesn't care about our methods. If we could persuade them to leave with no bloodshed, so much the better. This combat test was to make sure you are ready for a fight in case one does break out."


Female Elf Wizard Conjurer 1 (Infernal Binder)

Silyph turns visibly pale at the mention of their employer, no easy task for her tanned skin.

She takes pause when hearing Cezars comments. "Not all magic need be brute strength, any aid you can provide would be most helpful. In fact for a 20 gold share of the take I'll scribe you a few scrolls of my own spells for use or study if you wish to expand your magical craft."

OOC @ Cezar:

She's offering to scribe either acid splash or daze tonight (cost 6.25gp)
& Either Sleep or Summon Monster 1 in the morning (cost 12.5gp)

Total Cost: (18.75gp +1.25gp markup)

She'll even offer to lend Vhiloe for spellcraft aid purposes if you wish to pocket them and learn from them instead (for 1 week). She'll take 13gp share if you'd rather take cantrips cost being 12.5gp +0.5gp markup.

The DC is pretty high, but with a decent roll with an aid and a week of work you could fill out your spell list a little. Or save them for future study.

She thinks for a moment pulling her robes hood up as she talks, "I fear I don't know much about Psuedodragon's besides that they're uniquely resistant to magic and have nasty incapacitating sting. Does anyone else know much more about them before we risk neck?"


Not in use

Hathin has not moved away and is listening to the discussion, though not adding any words of his own to it.


Male Human Wizard 1

Yeah then, a diplomatic approach, I'd be glad to go. He smiles a bit at Silyph's offer.

OOC @ Silyph:
Hmm...Any chance I can trade you scrolls instead of paying flat gold? If not, I'm fine with buying scrolls you'd make.
I'd be saving them for copying into my spellbook, so Spellcrafts, yay!
And I can always have Reem do the assist, though...he has a -1 modifier. Vhiloe's assistance would be appreciated, but not required.

Kn. Arcana for the Pseudodragons: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11.
Does Cezar know of anything specific that the Pseudodragons enjoy, like a favorite food or things like that?
Edit: Nevermind, I don't know s@*#.


Male Half-dork 5 Nerd (universalist)

He knows they're carnivores. That's commonly known among Korvosans.


Female Elf Wizard Conjurer 1 (Infernal Binder)

Silyph winks at Cezar, "I'm in room 66F, if you're interested in taking me up on the offer. Never doubt yourself Cezar I'm sure you'll grow to be a fine mage 'hurting things' isn't always the best path to power and greatness even if it seems the easiest at times.

During the conversation she'll mention "My offer to share spells stands to all of you as well only limited by the weight of my coin purse, time, and knowledge. If you wish to discuss it further come and find me."

She'll continue to interact with everyone at the Arena, and is still interested in any knowledge on this warehouse or the psuedodragons anyone can share before returning to her room and studies. Any sense motive or observation will reveal she's exceedingly nervous about this purposed job. Her door is always open for anyone to interact or RP with her.


Female Human Wizard(Evoker) 1

So, pseudodragons. I don't know a whole heckuva lot more than you, but what I do know is that they are immune to sleep, and paralysis, and they don't usually live in cities. They usually live in forests, but that's more of a generalization. That's really all I've got, though.


Male Human Wizard 1

Cezar blushes slightly at Silyph's comment, turning away from her. Yeah, I'll do that sometime. I'm in 32B, with Hathin. he motions to his roommate.
He smiles at her comment about power. I'm glad that someone understands...Magic is supposed to make people smile, make lives better, not destroy them. Cezar looks over at his sister with a faint look of grief on his face.
After learning where we'll all meet up the following day:
I'll see you later, Hathin, I'm going to go for a walk. With Reem in tow, he wanders into the city towards where he knows there are shops. He'll window shop there for a little while before heading back to his dorm room.


Male Half-dork 5 Nerd (universalist)

Eudomia tells you all to meet in front of the Hall of Lies tomorrow, after your classes.


Not in use

Hathin's interest is piqued more by the money and tales of strange beasts than anything else. He slinks off after acknowledging the farewells of those that offer them.

Hathin is happy to fast forward to saying howdy on the morrow pre-job


Female Elf Wizard Conjurer 1 (Infernal Binder)

Silyph waves to Hathin as he leaves "It was lovely seeing you again Hathin." she bows to those left and says "Well then, I'll be off I've got things to do before relaxing for the evening, it was a pleasure."

Silyph travels to her dorm room finally taking her hand off the hilt of her dagger as she enters her room. Wiping the sweat off her brow she glances in the mirror before unclasping her tough leather kilt under her robes and tossing it on her bed before she heads for the warm showers to melt the days festivities from her mind.

She'll feed her little birdie some kiwi and night-crawlers before lying in bed thinking how radically her life's changed in just a few months before drifting off to sleep.

As Hathin, I'm cool with hitting that FF button, make the jump to light speed captain!


Male Half-dork 5 Nerd (universalist)

FF initiate. As always, if anyone wanted to do something specific to prepare the night before (like making scrolls, buying equipment, etc.) just say so, otherwise we'll assume you were doing normal activities for your character.

The next day, you meet in front of the hall of Lies. Today it looks like it's made of candy, and a few of the less mature students dare each other to lick it, being chased off by the aged groundskeeper. Eudomia and Mael meet you there; Mael says nothing about his outburst the day before. Eudomia talks amiably with you all as you make your way out, while Mael mostly keeps to himself, though he makes gruff conversation with anyone who starts one up with him.

It takes a while to get to the warehouse, which is in Old Korvosa (pretty much the downtown area, not a very good part of the city). The building is about 80 feet on a side, and two stories, with many windows lining the second story walls. You are stopped outside by a door guard, who permits you to enter when Eudomia explains the situation. The interior is very dusty, though you can see trails through the dust. Many boxes of varying shapes and sizes stand in cluttered groups, with narrow walkways going between them. To your right is a receiving office, the door wide open.

Map here.


Not in use

Hathin makes for the door into the receiving office, club in hand. Peering inside to get a look...
Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22


Male Dwarf Wizard (Abjurer)-6 (Mythic Archmage 1)(Current HP 41/41)

The Night before the job, Pakak prepared his spells since he'd expended them. he'd get up early to cook some tasty treats for the pseudodragons.
cooking": 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Perhaps some nicely spiced meatballs of some sort.

Later, rejoining the group, from the Hall of Lies, he heads to Old Korvosa. THIS territory he knows better.

he tries a different tact while Hathin looks around, as he goes to one of the crates closer to the center and breaks out the meal.

The half orc opens his mouth and asks the open air,

Draconic:
[B]"My name is Pakak. Any dragon kin here? We would like to talk to you. Just talk. I bring gifts"

He lays a sausage ball dish out
Diplomacy": 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Female Human Wizard(Evoker) 1

Money Roll for working:
1d10 ⇒ 10x2=>20

Night before:
Vasile will scribe a scroll of Magic Missile. That's 12.5gp.

Vasile stands ready, knowing that her best suit is definitely not diplomacy.


Male Human Wizard 1

If it's okay with you, I'd like to have also prepared a bit of food, both raw and cooked hunks of meat. I can pay money as appropriate. If that's not okay, then ignore this :P
Cezar walks slightly behind Pakak, suprised to hear that the half-orc knows the language of dragons. He calls out (Also in Draconic) with a bright smile on his face, after Pakak lays out his dish. It's true, we're friends. Can I see you? I've never met a dragon before
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
If I was allowed to buy some meat, I'll pull that out now.


Not in use
Cezar Razvan wrote:
Cezar walks slightly behind Hathin, suprised to hear that the half-orc knows the language of dragons.

That would be Pakak :)


Male Dwarf Wizard (Abjurer)-6 (Mythic Archmage 1)(Current HP 41/41)
Cezar Razvan wrote:

If it's okay with you, I'd like to have also prepared a bit of food, both raw and cooked hunks of meat. I can pay money as appropriate. If that's not okay, then ignore this :P

Cezar walks slightly behind Pakak, suprised to hear that the half-orc knows the language of dragons. He calls out (Also in Draconic) with a bright smile on his face, after Pakak lays out his dish. It's true, we're friends. Can I see you? I've never met a dragon before
Diplomacy: 1d20+5
If I was allowed to buy some meat, I'll pull that out now.

Pakak nods to Cezar, "Looks like we got the same idea"


Female Elf Wizard Conjurer 1 (Infernal Binder)

Seeing that her comrades where wise enough to bring treats Silyph drops to one knee and speaks in draconic loud enough for her voice to carry...

In Draconic:

"Nobel Dragonkin, I speak to you in your tounge out of humble respect, we have brought gift of tasty food as a token of our good will, we wish to share words and bask in your elegant glory if you hear my voice I implore you to show yourselves so you may receive our gifts and our eyes can gaze upon your splendor."

Diplomacy; (+2 if Cezars roll can count as an aid, GM fiat modifiers if the food counts for anything)
1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 9 + 2 = 25 (-2 if Cezars roll doesn't count as an aid)

If no psuedodragons show up Silyph will bring herself up from one knee and take a couple of minuets to adjust to her surroundings and take careful observation.

Taking a 20 on perception [2mins], 20 + 1 = 21

If nothing further occurs she'll cast light on the sheath of her dagger to brighten the rooms lighting condition and follow Hathin into the receiving office. She'll spend some time sorting through things with him.

Perception (Aid)
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16 (Successes tack on a +2 to Hathin's roll)


Male Half-dork 5 Nerd (universalist)

Hathin:
In the darkness of the room (doesn't affect you, with darkvision, but you know it's dark) you spy a desk covered with many papers, as well as cabinets and files with uninteresting accounting stuff. Nothing seems remiss with a cursory glance. However, your attention, is soon taken by:

Pakak:
After you declare your intentions in Draconic, you hear in your mind, in a voice high and squeaky, almost like chirping, "Talk you may. Those gifts look tasty."

After Pakak says his bit in Draconic, a tiny dragon, no larger than a house cat, swoops down from the rafters and perches on the box where the meatballs are laid. After hearing the other two speak Draconic as well, and seeing Cezar's gift, the little dragon lifts its head to the rafters and barks out in high-pitched Draconic, "Friends! Come down." The pseudodragon is soon followed by its peers, a sizable clutch of perhaps a dozen in total. They are sized from perhaps 3-1/2 feet long snout to tail-tip to only one foot, and are a beautiful arrangement of purples, blues, and violets. The group goes at the offerings, with the littlest getting the first shares, before the one who swooped down first addresses you all in Draconic. "Non placet aliis. Te diabolus salutores cum pacem et cibum, ubi cum maledicta et fustibus. Quid tibi hic?" Despite the choice of words, its tone is free of malice. Sorry for anyone who actually understands latin; I put this in a translator, so it's likely rough. :P

Draconic:
"You are not like the other ones. You devil callers come with peace and food, where they came with curses and clubs. What are you doing here?"

It cocks its head after saying the last phrase, lazily stretching its wings. It doesn't seem intimidated, though its eyes stay alert and searching.


Not in use

DM Shane:
Is there anything of value out in the open?


Female Human Wizard(Evoker) 1

That Latin is painful. My eyes are bleeding. :P For a translator, it's actually not bad. I've definitely seen worse. It was understandable, at the least.

Vasile is content to simply listen to the conversation, lest she muck it up.


Male Human Wizard 1

Cezar ooh's and aah's in amazement as the creatures approach, whispering (still in Draconic) So many...so pretty...
When they start to take the food, he hesitantly reaches out to attempt to touch the littlest pseudodragon's scales lightly.
Cezar doesn't respond to the question, instead staring in awe at the creatures.
When I read the post, and started reading some stuff about pseudodragons, the instrumental Ghost Love Score by Nightwish started playing...Very nice song, seems very fitting for this encounter :)


Male Dwarf Wizard (Abjurer)-6 (Mythic Archmage 1)(Current HP 41/41)

Pakak gives an actual smile at the food being praised, and answers what he hears in his head with a focused thought of his own. Its for you and the others. I hope you like it.

Uhm, I'm hoping you can HEAR me thinking back. Sorry if you can't

At the other comment, he raises a brow and frowns again thoughtful ,

Draconic:
"Devil Callers? I call no devils. I seek to learn spells of protection. We hear you break open crates and drive away the workers. What are they doing that you feel you must do this?


Male Half-dork 5 Nerd (universalist)

Hathin:
Nothing valuable catches you eye in the office. No sacks sitting in the open, trophies on the wall, or other such things. You don't know what's in the crates in the storage area, but you might hazard that it's valuable.

When Cezar gets near the littlest dragon, it shies away from him, and one of the older ones gives a warning shriek. It seems they aren't comfortable with you touching them. When they are finished with the food, they take back to the ceiling, peering down at you from the rafters.

Pakak gets no response in his head, though the dragon answers his spoken words: "Te sunt arbitri? Bonum. Velim videas quid fecerim vobis."

Draconic:
"You are arbiters? Good. I would have you see what they have done for yourselves."

With that the pseudodragon hops to the ground, crawling like a lizard toward the back of the warehouse. If you follow, he brings you to an opened crate nearby a revealed trapdoor. The crate contains linens, and the trapdoor reveals a ladder leading downward into deeper darkness. The pseudodragon bids you look inside the crate.


Male Dwarf Wizard (Abjurer)-6 (Mythic Archmage 1)(Current HP 41/41)
Shane Gifford wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

When Cezar gets near the littlest dragon, it shies away from him, and one of the older ones gives a warning shriek. It seems they aren't comfortable with you touching them. When they are finished with the food, they take back to the ceiling, peering down at you from the rafters.

Pakak gets no response in his head, though the dragon answers his spoken words: "Te sunt arbitri? Bonum. Velim videas quid fecerim vobis."

With that the pseudodragon hops to the ground, crawling like a lizard toward the back of the warehouse. If you follow, he brings you to an opened crate nearby a revealed trapdoor. The crate contains linens, and the trapdoor reveals a ladder leading downward into deeper darkness. The pseudodragon bids you look inside the crate.

He looks at the others, "I'm going to take a peek. Looks like the the pseudos have a complaint."

Pakak follows and then obligingly looks inside the crate. He considers stirring the contents with a club, but then realizes it might be fragile and risks his hand if moving linens about proves needed instead. He plans to go down the ladder afterwards, where his darkvision should serve him well.


Female Human Wizard(Evoker) 1

Vasile's curiosity piqued, she follows Pakak to look into the crate. As the warehouse gets dark, she casts Dancing Lights so that she can see.


Female Elf Wizard Conjurer 1 (Infernal Binder)

Silyph bows deeply still on one knee...

In Draconic:

"Nobel dragonkin may you permit me to cast a spell to bring light to the area, my elven eyes are not sharp as yours nor enough to cut through this darkness, so I may gaze upon your grace better?" She'll cast Light if permitted

She continues, "I feel it would be rude to not make introduction, I am Silyph, and this is...." (She points out each of her companions and mentions them by name.)

"As to what we're doing here, that question can be answered in turn by reversal. We're here to humbly ask what has enticed your clutch to take residence here as well as bring you a tasty snack."

She glances at the large one, "You seem to be the leader of this clutch, may I ask you your name?"

(Diplomacy to raise from indifferent to friendly, with flattery and conversation.) [DC=15+CHA mod]

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

After the conversation her curiosity will follow and she'll go investigate the crate/trap door. She'll pause before proceeding down the trap door.

She mentions to Pakak "We should ask where this leads before we go tarry down the rabbit hole."


Male Dwarf Wizard (Abjurer)-6 (Mythic Archmage 1)(Current HP 41/41)
Silyph Verrani wrote:


She mentions to Pakak "We should ask where this leads before we go tarry down the rabbit hole."

"Which ones? The pseudos or the owner of the building? If the latter... I don't think I'll bother. If he's covering something up then as soon as we got permission whatever evidence might vanish. As for the other..."

He looks to the nearest Pseudodragon,

Draconic:
"Where does this lead if you don't mind me asking? Should I expect danger?"

But he continues to check the crate for now

251 to 300 of 938 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Academae All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.