Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

The Academae

Game Master Shane Gifford

Play the life of a student at the Academae, a school for wizards.


601 to 650 of 938 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>

Male Elf (Kyoni) Wizard (Banisher) 1

DM Shane:
Suleiyel considers his options. I could just ask what he's doing; and he could just refuse to say. I could try and color the back of his pack bright orange; but I'd have to get close, and he could hear me casting one of the favorite spells of pranksters. I could just ignore it; but then I'd always wonder. Ultimately, Suleiyel decides to simply follow the gnomish necromancer as best he can.


Male Weapons Specialist

DM Shane:
Hathin barely stops to thank the priest before muscling his unresponsive body out of the infimary and back into the streets. His mood is foul and countenance aggressive. He struggles on his way back to the student's accommodation... hoping to make it before another of the cities inhabitants decides to take advantage....


Female Elf Wizard Conjurer 1 (Infernal Binder)

@Vasile:

Silyph looks a little disappointed at the revelation, "Oh? Well it would like to learn it's functions even if I could never master it as well as you have. I don't believe I'll have the time nor the funds to take an evocation class next semester and the fight proved to me that I should at least learn some of the basics. Should my preferred magics fail me in a dangerous situation."

With a touch of curiosity she "Would you like me to pen my favorite enchantment to reciprocate the favor? Or perhaps you have an interest in summoning? I would gladly pay the cost of the materials needed to scribe such magics as well as a little extra if reasonable, should you prefer that instead."

@Pakak:

Silyph smiles, "Yes I do think the element of surprise it affords is very nice, but I mostly just found myself attracted to the complexity the mechanics involved in the device"

She looks a little confused at the latter half of Pakaks comment "Oh you mean...oh yes I suppose it could be dangerous, but not terribly so I haven't had many problems with it." Silyph replies covering her hands with the lengths of her robes.

If needed any casual sense motive would easily reveal she's not comfortable talking about her bandages after a little initial confusion she deliberately changes the topic.

Looking a little uncomfortable she asks rattling off "How are your studies progressing? I'm quite liking it here the change of scenery is nice. I can't wait till our first semester ends and we have more freedom with our course selection, if you don't mind me asking do you have in mind what classes you're planning on taking come Arodus?"

@Suleiyel:

Her interaction with you stands, as in my previous post. She's hesitant to start up a conversation with him as they wander about town and is uncomfortable and unsure of what to say in general.

@DM Shane (Adelaida):

Silyph looks a little unwary of entering the building Adelaida leads her to. She nervously clenches the handle of her dagger making sure it's safely secured in her wrist sheath before entering the building...


Male Elf (Kyoni) Wizard (Banisher) 1

@Silyph:
Sorry, I have less time to post during the workweek than on the weekend -- especially now that I'm working overtime most weeks. I don't want to just bash out a hasty reply to your complex RP, and I'll do my best to respond properly tomorrow.


Male Half-dork 5 Nerd (universalist)

Hathin:
When you go outside, it's well into the night. You would guess it's about an hour past the time you left work before. You make it back to the dormitory safely this time, though you still feel heated from your previous encounter. Your short one hard week's work, and you ache terribly all over your body. You come in on Cezar when you enter the room. You guys can take it from there if you want, or Cezar could just be asleep when you enter.

Cezar:
Look at Hathin's spoiler, please.

Pakak:
The woman seems disappointed, but says, "I suppose I'll just have to try that dish another time." With a wink, she leaves you, and heads over to the bar to sit by another man. She seems to get over your rejection fairly quickly, as she's laughing and joking with the man after a few moments.

Silyph:
The interior of the building is plain, its many tables and its bar suggesting a tavern. You can hear music and rhythmic clapping coming from a side room. Yet, the bar doesn't seem to be open right now, with no barkeep and no customers. Adelaida walks past all of this without looking, apparently already familiar with this room, and heads for the side room where the music seems to be coming from. As she opens the door to the room, the music bursts out; possibly a Varisian tune, by the sound of it. It's jolly and bouncing, and many people can be heard laughing. One person can be heard belting out a tune above it all, and every so often their verses will bring forth a torrent of laughter. Adelaida beckons you to follow her in.

Suleiyel:
You follow the necromancer out of the gate, and into the city. He heads down a familiar path, and it doesn't take long to realize you're going toward the dorms. He still doesn't seem to notice you, though the amount of people around is thinning out, which means it might become more obvious you're following him.


Female Human Wizard(Evoker) 1

Silyph:
I'll see if I can find that scroll for you. I'm terrible at enchantments, so I don't think I'll be taking that, but the summoning seems like it could be useful.


Male Dwarf Wizard (Abjurer)-4 (Current HP 26/26)

At work:
"Nice talking to you." Pakak will go to the back for a minute, the better to beat his head against the wall in private.

Then he'll get back to work proper. He was thinking of seeking out religious advice about a lot of things, but now... well, it's time to seek it out from them on more than one subject. After work, before going to the academy, he heads straight to the Shrine of Shelyn. He hopes to seek out a cleric.

Silyph:
"Well, it looks like a good purchase." Pakak says. He isn't fond of the elf, they think too differently , but he answers her anyway, "Well, abjuration magic related classes probably, but I haven't thought about it as much as I should have. Between work and cantrip study..." He shrugs thinking And guilt over pesh, and then the fact that I think I LIKE girls, but defeat myself whenver I get a chance...ugh. "What about you? Any classes you definitely plan on taking?"


Male Half-dork 5 Nerd (universalist)

Pakak:
You head to the Sanctuary of Shelyn, and seek council with one of the priests there. You stand in the main chamber of the temple for a bit, and take in the sight of the place. In the front stands a large marble statue, presumably of Shelyn, with a beautiful lace dress covering it, and a brass rose in her hand. All around the walls of the oblong chamber hang carefully crafted tapestries, perfectly chiseled busts, detailed paintings, and other works of art. After a few minutes of waiting, you are greeted by an old man in colorful priestly robes, a thin and jolly man who says, "Welcome, brother! Shelyn smiles upon you! Why have you come to our sanctuary today?" Despite his age, which appears to be perhaps fifty, he seems lively and looks handsome. He smiles genuinely, and listens attentively for your response.


Male Dwarf Wizard (Abjurer)-4 (Current HP 26/26)

The Shrine:
"Uh, well, I'm not a regular follower of Shelyn so I don't know, but are you guys sworn to secrecty about confessions and the like? Or is that another religion. I got a lot on my mind and it's all jumbling up a bit. Some of it involves girls, but there's this other more serious thing."


Male Half-dork 5 Nerd (universalist)

Pakak:
The man gives a good-natured chuckle, and tells you, "I have sworn no oath of that type, though I can give you my word not to tell your secrets to another. Perhaps we should move to a less open area, if you need to confess." He nods to a side door, and if you choose, leads you to a simple room with two chairs across a wooden table. The furniture in this room is plain, unlike most everything else in the temple.


Male Dwarf Wizard (Abjurer)-4 (Current HP 26/26)

shrine:
He follows to the side door and takes a chair, making sure the door is closed behind them both before talking. "Well, he says uncomfortably, "Well, not sure where to start. Maybe tonight's event is the way to go. I'm not a good looking guy, bein' an orc blood..." He shrugs, "but tonight, a really hot woman flirted with me, practiculary offered herself. Y'know? But I seen her with lots of other guys and her suddenly coming onto me made me suspicious, paranoid even. One of the reasons I was paranoid is... there's this guy dealing Pesh. And I've been keeping his secret cuz if I tangled with him, I'd be dead. Part of me was thinking she'd been paid off by the guy to keep tabs on me, so I kind of blew her off. After that, she's back to normal with yet another guy so I guess my problem is, I don't trust people. Women are people, and so I'm having trouble trusting them too. As for the Pesh, I'm not ready yet, but I plan to burn down the warehouse the stuff is at when I feel powerful enough. So as you can see, I got two big problems." It all spills out at once.


Male Human Wizard 1

Sorry for late replies

Vasile:

Surprised to see his sister so pleased at meeting the undead, Cezar frowns his disapproval and murmurs quietly.
"You're a nut bag, you know that? Why didn't you run away, you could've been killed."

Hathin:

If Cezar notices Hathin's wounded stature, he will shoot up from his bed-time reading, and rush over to try to help his roommate to where he can lie down.
"What happened to you? You look horrible!" The last comment is blurted out in regard to the wounds, but Cezar catches himself and clamps his mouth shut for fear of insulting his friend.


Female Human Wizard(Evoker) 1

Cezar:
It's not like I could have run anyway. If he'd wanted to kill me, there wouldn't have been anything I could've done; he was blocking the exit.


Male Weapons Specialist

Cezar:
Hathin is gruff as he enters, struggling gamely to the bed with Cezar's help before collapsing unto his back. Cezar can see fresh blood seeping through Hathin's shirt. His companion centipede pokes it's head out from where it resides outside the window and begins wending it's way towards the half-orc.

"I will survive... I was mugged." eyes burning with both hatred and disappointment "What do you know of the tiny red devils with stings on their tail?"


Male Human Wizard 1

Hathin:

Knowledge Planes (untrained DC10): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Cezar blushes in embarrassment, chewing at his lip a bit.
"I know that they're called Imps, that's about it...Wait, you were mugged by Imps?! How? Did you get stung? Do you need healing? Where can we go to get you fixed?"
Cezar again falls into the insistent questioning that he is so prone to.

Vasile:

"You should tell the dorm advisor, maybe there's a way to make sure he doesn't come back?"


Female Human Wizard(Evoker) 1

Cezar:
You're probably right. I dunno, I'll ask and find out.

Shane:
At some point later that day, she'll go to the dorm advisor.Excuse me, but there was a ghost last night in my room. Is there any way that that could be taken care of? It was really cold when he was in there.


Female Elf Wizard Conjurer 1 (Infernal Binder)

@DM Shane (Adelaida):

Silyph looks around cautiously the music puts her a little at ease, but not by much, she'll follow Adelaida into the side room. Expecting something pleasant, but linger thoughts of the unknown still keeping her firmly on edge.

"Damn halflings and their insufferable surprises..." she thinks to herself, trying to sate her apprehension, curiosity, and unease by redirecting her emotions a little towards more fiery thoughts.

@Vasile:

"Ah yes, I suppose learning the secrets of conjuring a beast from the outer planes is a fair trade. You were unfortunately unconscious when I called fluffy to this realm. I do feel I should warn you the practice of maintaining such creatures on the material plane is difficult. I'm rather proficient at extending that link, but I'd be surprised if you could keep one around for more than a few seconds. With practice it should become easier, but it is quite difficult." she mentions.

She gives a curt bow "I hope this practice of sharing knowledge continues and propagates between us so that we might aid one another in our understanding of the arcane. Should I bring a scroll to your dormitory tomorrow?"

She'll bring you a scroll of SM1 tomorrow or at whatever date you wish, Vasile. Unless you wish to visit her instead.

@Pakak:

With a smile she says "Oh yes I think it's a fine device. Thought you might get a kick out of it." She thinks about Pakak's question for a moment "Oh I don't know. I'm most certainly going to stick to the established curriculum and take Intro to Conjuration, but both introductory courses in enchantment and transmutation caught my eye too. As well as the dueling elective. I don't want to overload myself, but I'm still not sure what classes to take....."

She adds "I haven't been having too much trouble in my studies as of yet, so if you ever need any aid with anything in school or personal matters always willing to lend a hand to help or ear to listen to ease cumbersome burden. I do believe I have other duties, rather than chatter all day with my peers so I'll be brief and simply wish you well." and she offers a courteous slight bow.


Female Human Wizard(Evoker) 1

Silyph:
Sure, tomorrow works. And I'll have my scroll for you as well. I'll keep your pointers in mind, as well, when I'm trying it out.


Male Dwarf Wizard (Abjurer)-4 (Current HP 26/26)

Silyph Verrani:
"Appreciate the offer but I prefer to get by on my own. Good luck to you though." he doesn't bow, but does give a curt nod as she departs.

She's likable. I don't trust her, seen too much of how her wheels run the other way from mine, but it's hard to really stay angry at her. Best never to be too honest with her though.


Female Elf Wizard Conjurer 1 (Infernal Binder)

@Pakak:

Coming up from her slight bow Silyph responds "I'm sure you could, but I believe I recently read that 'no being can accurately claim perfection and as such to rely upon an outside force where one would falter is no weakness, it is strength, and merely cunning logistics.' The offer is always open Pakak. Should preference give way to need." before promptly leaving.


Male Weapons Specialist

Cezar:
Cold sweat upon his brow and poison still coursing through his veins, Hathin takes solace in the concern emanating from his companion centipede. "They attacked, but they are gone now.. I will be fine, I just need to rest." mentally taking a note to go to the library to research imps.


Male Half-dork 5 Nerd (universalist)

Pakak:
The man grins widely when you talk about your women problems, though he becomes more serious when you talk of burning a warehouse down. He ponders a moment, and says, "Have you heard the story of our goddess, the Eternal Rose? Her brother was transformed into something evil, and though he surely tried to destroy her, Shelyn persevered in her love for him. As Shelyn persevered, and continues to persevere, through the struggles of trying to win back her brother, so must we persevere through our own hardships. Tell me friend, why is it that you think you must burn the warehouse down? And ask yourself, if you do such a thing, how many people will you be harming? Shelyn teaches us to find beauty in all things, and to take a negative situation and turn it around, rather than acting violently. I hope she can impart such wisdom to you here."

His tone and demeanor lighten up considerably as he says, "Now, as for the other issue, perhaps all you need to gain some confidence is a new look. You say you are not a good-looking man, but all we need to do is get the women to see you as Shelyn sees you, and look to the beauty that you surely contain. Would you like me to help you with that?"

Vasile:
By dorm advisor, you mean the person who assigned you the dorm before?

Silyph:
As you enter into the side room, the music, cheering, and whooping laughter surround you and boom in your ears. All around the room, there are people dancing, clapping their hands, stomping their feet, and having a good time. Several people, looking to be Varisians by blood, stand toward the center of the room, playing various instruments. In the center stand a boisterous woman, appearing to be Garundi, who is looking to various people in the crowd and singing. Her words are in the Common tongue, and you realize she is composing rhymes to go with the music making light-hearted jokes about the people in the room.

Here we have a Sczarni who smells like he doesn't bathe,
beard down to his belly and his mouth's a festering cave,
and although he's covered, with lice upon his head,
I'd gladly close my eyes because he's so good in a bed!

Each time she finishes a four-line verse, laughter roars up from the crowd, including the person she's jesting about. After a few verses, she steps down toward the Sczarni she was jesting, and they share a kiss, while another person swings to the middle to start it up themselves. Adelaida seems to be one with the crowd, clapping and bouncing and smiling and having a good time.


Male Dwarf Wizard (Abjurer)-4 (Current HP 26/26)

Shrine:
Pakak answers, "Well, sir. that's where the Pesh is stored.. the warehouse. see, it had pseudodragons, LOTS of them,that were being tortured in a game. The employer didn't know that, but I made my priority saving the pseudos ... I Like em." He admits, "Part of the only way to keep em safe and get em justice was to kind of cut a deal with the warehouse owner. But he's still selling that poison. I figured if I waited long enough and burned the warehouse when nobody was there, I could save a lot of folks from getting hooked and maybe nobody would know it was me. Is that a bad thing? He seems surprised. I thought that stuff was something any good church would frown on.

At the new look suggestion, he looks dubious, "I was thinking maybe the problem was how I saw women, but uh... what did you have in mind? I don't want to look like some nancy boy sucking up to everyone I meet."


Female Human Wizard(Evoker) 1

Shane:
That, or someone we were told to go for to voice issues.


Male Half-dork 5 Nerd (universalist)

Pakak:
The old man shakes his head slowly, telling you, "Though it's true you would be saving many people heartache with that action, there might yet be others it would hurt. Can you control the flames, once you've set them, and prevent them from spreading to other buildings? And how about the owner, does he have any family that he provides for? Suppose he hires new staff to replace those who were caught doing wrong, and you destroy their livelihood for something that's no fault of their own. How would that improve their situation? Though many times it would be easy to look at a situation as a simple black-and-white picture, it rarely is that simple."

"A proper haircut would help make you more presentable, as would clothes cut for someone of your body type."

Vasile:
You go to the administration building the next day after talking to Cezar, and voice concern to the person who distributed the dorms that you are sharing a room with a ghost. The person seems only mildly attentive, and says in a bored manner, "Hmmm, that's interesting. Are you sure you saw that correctly? Not pulling anyone's leg here?"


Male Dwarf Wizard (Abjurer)-4 (Current HP 26/26)

Shrine:
"The owner is a slimy son of a..." He realizes he's in a shrine and looks apologetic as he stops any profanity before it can come out, "He's not a nice man, but..yeah, for the rest, I guess you're right. I should have thought the consequences through. I think maybe how guilty I'm feeling is making me stupid." he considers the hair cut and clothes suggestion baffled, "Clothes are clothes, aren't they? I mean... uh, sure if you have suggestions. I want to prove that I can make it in the academy no matter what folks think of orc bloods, but I wouldn't mind feeling less paranoid about girls and if you think a new look would help with confidence, I'm for it."


Female Human Wizard(Evoker) 1

Shane:
Well, yeah. He had an amulet of Zon-kuthon, and he ignored me while he was in there. He was crying, too.


Male Half-dork 5 Nerd (universalist)

Pakak:
The priest nods sagely and says, "In the end, you must make the decision for yourself. May you make a wise one."

Afterward the priest shows you various outfits, holding them in front of you and letting you look into a mirror. The outfits are a little bit standoffish compared to what you normally wear, but they do look pretty good. The priest cuts your hair (if you consent), taming your messy mop and giving you a smart crew cut. Overall, the look is different, though not bad. It will probably take some getting used to. He gives you one of the outfits free of charge, and after talking a bit, thanks you for coming to the Sanctuary and directs you out.

Vasile:
The man yawns, and says, "Hmmmm, sounds ominous. Does this mean you need another room?" You aren't sure if he doesn't believe you, or just doesn't care.


Male Dwarf Wizard (Abjurer)-4 (Current HP 26/26)

Shrine:
He tries them on, and takes the free one, "Thank you, and uhm, thank the goddess for me, will you?" He knows nothing has been charged, but puts a gold in the poor box (or equivilent) so they can help others as he departs.

He'll try it on the next day and see if anyone in the hallways seems to notice.


Female Human Wizard(Evoker) 1

Shane:
My room can't simply be taken care of? I like where my room is now. It would be preferential to keep it there.


Male Half-dork 5 Nerd (universalist)

Vasile:
The man sighs and says, "We might be able to, but that takes time, and I assumed you'll want to stay elsewhere while we investigate."


Female Human Wizard(Evoker) 1

Shane:
Well, where would I be relocated, temporary or not?


Female Elf Wizard Conjurer 1 (Infernal Binder)

DM Shane (Adelaida):

Silyph breaths easy once she sees the crowd, but seems a little out of place and eyes various Sczarni revelers with suspicion before managing a meek grin. She approaches Adelaida "So ady, I take it this is the very special place you mentioned? How did you find such a place?"

After a short while she'll ask one of the revelers "What does it take to get a drink around here?"


Male Half-dork 5 Nerd (universalist)

Vasile:
"'Nother room." He checks a log book quickly before adding, "There's one on the floor below your room, empty as it is."

Silyph:
Adelaida replies, "These are people of the temple of Shelyn, worshiping in their own way. It's wonderful, don't you think?"

The reveler replies to you, "Sorry miss, we don't drink back here at this time. When the bar's open after, you can get one then. You new here?"

I think it's time we moved on, though those who still have ongoing spoilers can keep going with them. Next week's actions, please.


Female Human Wizard(Evoker) 1

Shane:
Sure, I guess. That'll work.

Hathin:
At some point early week 8, Vasile will come up to Hathin. I'm ready for it, but I must insist on the payment. Please take it.Diplomacy 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 I know it can't really affect PCs, but IC, I sometimes like to roll if I feel it might've helped against an NPC, and try to have the player keep it in mind.
Nevermind, with that roll, it wouldn't affect an NPC, except possibly angering him. :/

Silyph:
When you come to Vasile's room, there is a note on the door, directing all seeking Vasile to the room below hers. When you come down, she opens the door once knocked upon, and it takes her a second before she realizes that you're here for the scroll. She goes over to her chest, rummaging through it for a few seconds, and retrieves the scroll, handing it to you. Do you have the scroll for me, then?

End o' the week:

Spellcraft1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Disrupt undead get.

Vasile, researching undead because of the events that took place in her room, finds that there is a simple spell that damages them, and learns it as a last resort.

Perform: Harrowing1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Money Roll:2d4 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5x4=>20gp

Stress rolls are this week, right?
Will 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18


Male Weapons Specialist

Week 8: Stress Level Tangerine (1)

Hathin is in no fit state to attend to either classes or work in his condition, so spends his time convalescing in his room with ill intent on his mind.

No cash and no learning of spells

Vasile:
Not finding Hathin attending classes, you find him in his room laid out horizontally and suffering. He waves away any offers of assistance or help in his pride, and to the tattooing "Perhaps I will be recovered enough by the weekend... we can go then"

Stress check: 1d20 + 3 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 2 - 1 = 6 - stress level elevates to Tangelo (2)...

Late in the week, when he feels well enough to venture to the campus Hathin seeks out the library and finds a book on the imps that attacked him, studying as much as he can of them...
Don't have Knowledge (Planes) - so not sure how you'd like that to work?


Female Human Wizard(Evoker) 1

You can use a library, but the check'll take 1d4 hours.

Hathin:
Upon entry, she exclaims,What in the nine hells happened to you? Are you sure you're going to be okay?


Female Elf Wizard Conjurer 1 (Infernal Binder)

DM Shane (Adelaida):

Silyph looks intrigued "Ah the cavorters of shelyn? I take it you worship her? Well....I'm know less of her grace than I do of her brothers touch" she says hesitantly and draws down her robe a little past her shoulder to show Adelaidia the back of her shoulder that's marked by a few faded scars from years old punishment inflicted from the lashings of a whip. Along with the corner of a slave branding that's less visible and still covered by most of her robes.

Grinning happily she adds "I do believe I'm enjoying her display far more than those of her brother." She give a slight half bow to her roommate, "Thank you for showing me your special place, should I find one of my own share the joy it brings me with you in turn."

At that she listens to the music and occasionally lets out a lighthearted laugh when one of the revelers makes a joke. She lingers away from the Garundi woman her proximity making her slightly uncomfortable.

"I do hope they don't expect me to dance...that would be dreadful. she thinks to herself.

---

To the revler "Yes I'm new here; I only ask as drink would loosen inhibition and ease mind. Give way to my ridged nature and harbor loose feeling more befit for this gathering."

Vasile & Shane:

Silyph spends one of her days in week 7 taking a little time to scribe a scroll.

I believe the DC is 6, but I'll toss in the roll on the off chance you have a diffrent DC in mind and it isn't an auto-pass.
Spellcraft (Scribe Scroll, DC6):
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3 Vhiloe's Aid [failure]
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21 Silyph's roll [success?]

Cost: -12.5gp

Silyph looks a little bewildered by the note on Vasile's dormitory, but shrugs and travels one floor down and meets with her.

"Yes, I did bring the scroll. I've also added a few notes that might be of some help in the margins as well if you need them." Silyph states humbly as she hands Vasile the scroll.

"Forgive me if I'm being to forward, by may I ask why you've changed rooms?" she asks politely.

-Upon investigation of the scroll various segments of the arcane writing is written in infernal, and there are notes that indicate summoning an extra-planer dog or eagle seem the most potent. As well as confusing additional instructions that infer that when drawing a circle with the somatic movements visualizing a pentagram or pentagon intertwined with the circle and simultaneously drawing it out with the movements can distribute the power more effectively, but it seem rather complex and mostly academic.

Silyph gets along with her studies without much hassle this week. In class she manages to practice more lesser magic and ends up producing an Sigil that resembles an odd looking pentagram on her spell book to her delight. The bandages on her hands remain during this week and the bandages cleaned and changed out periodically throughout the week. Most of her time is split between studying her school work in Gabi's library and spending time at the Temple of Asmodeus.

Week 8 Stuff:

Learning a new spell: (Arcane Mark)
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0 Vhiloe's aid [Failure]
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16 Silyph's roll [Success?]

Skill Check Job: (Temple work)
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19 Vhiloe's Aid [Success!]
1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 11 + 2 = 16 Silyph's roll [Does 16 pass? Success?]

Money Made:
2d4 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5 x 4 = 20gp (Or 5gp if failure)

Stress Roll:
1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 + 2 = 20 [Pass]

-I've lagged behind on keeping acedmic history accurate gold/inventory on my character sheet for a while now. I'll update it for accuracy tonight.


Female Human Wizard(Evoker) 1

Silyph:
Well, there are problems with my old room. Hopefully, this will only be temporary, though. Thank you for the scroll.


Male Elf (Kyoni) Wizard (Banisher) 1

DM Shane:
Diplomacy (untrained): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15 + 4 (Inner Beauty) = 19

Running out of options, Suleiyel bounds up next to the little gnome. "Hello! Did you know that you have a toe sticking out of your pack? I couldn't help but notice, because that is not the normal place for them! I have almost never had any of my toes sticking out of anything of the sort, and that one time was quite the story. But where are my manners! Suleiyel, future abjurer extraordinaire, at your service." The tall, grinning elf executes a short, respectful bow.


Male Elf (Kyoni) Wizard (Banisher) 1

Silyph:
Suleiyel starts in surprise at the vehement avian, then listens with some confusion to Silyph's response. "Okay! At least I heard a 'yes' to walking around." He smiles and straightens. "I have no idea where to go either, but I doubt that cats are so rare that it really matters. Let's pick a direction; and if it doesn't work out, we'll pick another. And really, your familiar -- is that your familiar? -- raised an interesting point: should I even be looking for a cat in the first place? We can discuss it while we walk!"

Suleiyel "leads" the way whimsically, urging them down whatever path looks most interesting next. "Oh look at the pretty markings on that stray! But as I was saying, Vhie (is that its name?) makes me think that maybe I shouldn't even get a pet, with all the different kinds of familiars on campus. Even the best-behaved cat or dog is still just an animal, subject to its instincts as well as its training. Sometimes I wish I'd gotten a familiar instead of this ring..." Out of habit, Suleiyel uses his left thumb to twist a simple band on the same hand's ring finger.


Male Weapons Specialist

I see the library reference now...
Knowledge Planes: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Vasile:
Hathin is obviously embarrassed and frustrated from being rendered bed-ridden "I was attacked by... imps. Though I am sure I will recover soon."


Female Human Wizard(Evoker) 1

Hathin:
Imps, plural, attacked you? They can be really dangerous y'know. Well, you do, I guess, now that I think about it. If nothing else, I'd like to come in and help you with your studies. You're going to fall behind if you stay in bed, so I'll just help you stay up with the rest of class. And I won't take no for an answer.

Shane, if you'd like, I'll drop Vasile's week of work. It's nowhere near a big deal, she's got a fair amount of cash.


Male Elf (Kyoni) Wizard (Banisher) 1

Week 8

Craft (Books) with Inner Beauty vs. DC 15: 1d20 + 7 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 4 - 1 = 11 ⇒ Failure
...for 2d4 ⇒ (3, 4) = 7 gp

Stimulated by actually getting out and doing things with people, Suleiyel thinks that he's ready to go back to work and earn more money for more classes. Instead, he finds himself distracted by thoughts of what he could do if he weren't shut away inside and (mostly) alone.

Spellcraft vs. DC 15 to learn arcane mark: 1d20 + 10 - 1 ⇒ (9) + 10 - 1 = 18 ⇒ Success

Naturally curious about his specialty, Suleiyel is intrigued by the reputation of abjuration spells for relying on magical inscriptions. Simply writing a powerless word shouldn't be too hard, right? He practices trying to write the three elven characters of his name, since that should be the easiest, bound up in his magic already -- and to his relief, after some trial and error, it actually works.

Will save vs. DC 8 for stress: 1d20 + 3 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (20) + 3 + 2 - 1 = 24 ⇒ Success by 5 or more

Between succeeding at his extracurricular cantrip studies and not even really trying that hard at work, Suleiyel finds his stress receding. I don't know why I ever thought it was that difficult.


Male Human Wizard 1

Week Ocho:

Kn. Engineering: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 10 - 2 = 21
Success, for 2d4 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5x4=20gp

His previous week's failure at...well, everything, pushes Cezar to his utmost and he seems to have regained whatever favor he may have lost.


Reem's Assist: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16
Spellcraft: 1d20 - 2 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (15) - 2 + 7 + 2 = 22
Success!
Cezar learns Mending!
But Cezar already knows four moves...
Do you want to delete one and make room for Mending?
No way, bro! Add that snazzy spell to the book!

His hard work and over enthusiasm this week damaged a few of the vital tools Cezar uses at his job, and he takes to practicing a way to fix them with ease. Luckily, the magic involved is relatively simple, and Cezar is able to re-attach Rod A to Spigot B.


And now for the test of stress!
Will Save DC8: 1d20 - 2 + 3 ⇒ (2) - 2 + 3 = 3
GAH! Tanked again!, -3 on all checks, qqqqqqq


Male Dwarf Wizard (Abjurer)-4 (Current HP 26/26)

Week 8: Every Girl's crazy about a sharp dressed half orc?

Pakak strides the halls with a new look, dressed up a bit, with a short cut that is better than his old mop of hair. Of course, he has to wear the plain robes sometime, but he's certainly trying to take the fashion advice he's been given to heart.

He notices Hathin seems not to be out as much, but doesn't know why. There aren't so many half orcs in this academy that he'd NOT notice the abscense.

Since he's trying to be more social and trusting, He does some of his cantrip studying in the library or out in the quad. He tries to learn message once more.

spellcraft": 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Pakak also continues to work, of course.

2d4 ⇒ (3, 4) = 7
(x4)

However, if they don't give him a chance to cook instead of dishwashing, he'll keep on the lookout for another place with a cook wanted sign.

local knowledge": 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

stress check/willsave": 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
(Bonus added in)


Male Half-dork 5 Nerd (universalist)

Hathin:
You learn about some of the imps' spell-like abilities (invisibility, suggestion, and constant detect good/magic), their resistance to normal weapons, their ability to quickly regenerate minor damage, the poison in their stingers, and their immunity to fire and poison. You learn that to harm an imp with a weapon, you must use either a silver weapon or one blessed by a deity to kill evil enemies. As evil summoned creatures, certain abjurative spells would help against them; protection from evil would be a good low level spell, and dismissal would be a good higher level spell.

Silyph:
Though Adelaida looks concerned by your scars, she smiles warmly at your reply, then gets back to the revelry. The reveler replies to you, "It's true a little drink can help you loosen up, but too often it turns people sour, so we keep a rule against it. Besides, you don't need a drink to loosen up, just have a laugh and a dance and you'll feel better about it in no time." The reveler leaves you, not pressuring you into anything if you look uncomfortable with dancing.

After a little while, Adelaida goes to the center and takes her own turn. She makes jokes at several people around the room, but doesn't compose anything about you. After it's all done, and everyone says goodbyes, Adelaida thanks you outside, saying, "I'm glad you came with me today. You know, the priests all say Shelyn smiles on us when we give her gifts of beauty." She seems sincere as she says it, peeking into the night sky through the rooftops as if searching for Shelyn among the stars.

All your rolls were successes, for the scroll, work, spellcraft and stress. The job DC will be 15, like everyone else's. I'm going to leave the DC for writing scrolls unchanged; the issue with learning from a scroll is trying to interpret the author's meaning, notes on somatics, and other personal touches in a way that works for you (at least, in my game this is why it's harder).

Suleiyel:
The gnome looks at you with a mixture of surprise and curiousity on his face, though he remains the calmest gnome you've seen as yet. He looks to his pack, then says, in a surprisingly deep voice, "Ah, it appears I do. Just doing some homework; you know." He wears a smile with a hint of dark humor as he introduces himself and pushes the foot further into his pack. "I am named Bodolelo. You say you have had a similar experience?" Your little hint at an anecdote seems to have caught the gnome's attention, and he stops moving toward the Hall of Whispers to hear what you have to say.

Pakak:
At school, you get looks from people, and not all of them seem to be judgmental. Of course, you can tell some people are thinking cruel things to say to you, but it was that way before the outfit anyways. On the flip side, some people seem to be acting different from their usual, stopping to chat with you in the hallways and get to know you. In particular is another half-orc male who you've seen around but never met; he introduces himself as Aram. He looks strongly built though none too clean, and wears the robes of a conjurer. Once introductions are through, he says to you in an informal manner, "Well, why the sudden change? I have seen you in the halls before, but not in garbs such as these."

You ask about moving up from a dish washer to a cook, and the manager consents to giving you a try. Make a Profession (cook) check, DC 15. Pay is listed in the campaign info, for skill job. Keep your previous roll for cash earned, whether the check is passed or failed.


Male Weapons Specialist

Vasile:
"There were four, they left me in the street no doubt thinking they'd done enough to kill em..." although he protests the babysitting, he's not exactly in a condition to enforce that.


Male Dwarf Wizard (Abjurer)-4 (Current HP 26/26)

Shane:
Quote:
At school, you get looks from people, and not all of them seem to be judgmental. Of course, you can tell some people are thinking cruel things to say to you, but it was that way before the outfit anyways. On the flip side, some people seem to be acting different from their usual, stopping to chat with you in the hallways and get to know you. In particular is another half-orc male who you've seen around but never met; he introduces himself as Aram. He looks strongly built though none too clean, and wears the robes of a conjurer. Once introductions are through, he says to you in an informal manner, "Well, why the sudden change? I have seen you in the halls before, but not in garbs such as these."

Pakak is feeling more confident and isn't sure if he should thank the clothes for that, or his own courage at going through with it and nothing bad happening...yet.

He gets a real ego boost if any of the she students seem to like his new look.

Pakak is surprised to find another half orc. Part of him wonders if his patrons realize there maybe more orc bloods than their chosen experiment. He shrugs, seeing no harm in a little honesty, besides, he's trying to trust more[B]"I could say I did it for me, and that's partly true, but mostly I hope to impress women."

Quote:
You ask about moving up from a dish washer to a cook, and the manager consents to giving you a try.

Pakak thanks the manager, and sets up the stew.

cooking roll for work.
Profession Cook": 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6


Male Elf (Kyoni) Wizard (Banisher) 1

Shane/Bodolelo:
The gnome had come from the Hall of Whispers, and was almost to the dorms when Suleiyel decided to just ask. ;)

"Similar? Not a bit of it!" the elf exclaims with good humor. "You see, I was at summer camp -- barely sixtyish -- when I made the mistake of mentioning how dextrous my feet were, that I could pick things up and even manipulate them somewhat. Another camper challenged me to prove it, which happened to coincide with a raid on the girls' cabins that produced a ragdoll with a split in one leg, and so we made a plan that you wouldn't believe..."

The anecdote continues with logical inevitability. "...until the camp leader walks in to find us wearing long bandages like the headbands of primitive tribes, with rough stitching holding the doll's leg wound shut, and my big toe sticking out of his healer's kit where I was reaching for another bandage to cover the stitches. There wasn't even any point in trying to explain; it all made sense at the time, but we just shut up and took our punishment." The elf chuckles. "Good times!"

"But pray tell, what homework takes a foot? I must confess that necromancy is one of my worst subjects, and so one of the most fascinating, because I understand it so poorly."

601 to 650 of 938 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Academae All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.