Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

The Absalom Gambit (Inactive)

Game Master Vuvu

A sandbox campaign focused on Absalom and the sewers beneath it.


1,251 to 1,300 of 2,845 << first < prev | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | next > last >>

Male Oread Student of Stone Flowing Monk/4 Lore Warden 2 (AC 22/21/18, HP 53/53, Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +7)

guess that means I'm next.. Ehad steps up and hits the number seven with a fist. he's not to happy about the shocking business


Qadira Runelords

The next 7 flashes and remains in the box. Varin then moves up and puts in his 42.

The door opens, as it does the room around everyone disappears. Looking around everyone finds themselves in a large tower. It is about 50 feet from one end of the round tower to tother, but there are three doors on the other three sides of the tower. There is a large circular symbol in the center of the floor about 20 feet across. There is a set of stairs that climbs around the wall of the tower rising, every 20 feet or so there is another door set into the side of the tower.

Turning and looking behind our heroes see the faded marks on the wall of the tower where they first marked it from the outside. They can just make out the base camp as the wall resolidifies.


Male Orc Witch 9 (scarred witchdoctor/hedge witch) archmage 2 AC 21 ref +11 fort + 17 will +12 hp 139/139 mp 7/7 init +2

Is it just me or did no time just pass?

Looks around the room waiting on something to attack the party....


Qadira Runelords

PErception 1d20 ⇒ 5

Varin does not see much of anything beyond the magnitude of the room...perhaps he is still shaken from his brush with death.


Male Tiefling (Beastbrood) Sorcerer (Abyssal) 4/ Paladin 2; AC 19/17/12, HP 43/45, F +10, R +8, W +12, Init + 2, Per +9, Sense M +8

Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

Salus glances about, hand on his sword.

"I think you may be right, Varin."


Qadira Runelords

Salus notices several symbols surrounding the circular symbol on the floor, and similiar symbols on the doors around the tower, they differ from the symbols on the doors upstairs.

There is also text on the large symbol.

Anyone speak Draconic?


Qadira Runelords

all awarded 500 xp btw


Male Human Rog 3/Wordcaster(spellslinger) 3 (Mythic Sneak) | AC 23 (armor+5 Dex+6 NA+1 Pro+1) | T 17 | FF 18 | HP 55 F +6 | R +12 | W+7 | perc +10 | Int +7

Kracow speaks draconic

He will attempt to read the symbols.


Stats:
AC 15/12/13 HP 52/52 F+4 R+10 W+10 Init +2 Per +18

Boneyard studies the room as well, seeing the text on the large symbol he sees if he can read it from the current location.
Perception 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29
Boneyard also speaks Draconic


Qadira Runelords

more tomorrow guys, just got back from the Hobbit


Stats:
AC 15/12/13 HP 52/52 F+4 R+10 W+10 Init +2 Per +18

Hope you had a great time! Me and the boys need to go sometime in the next few days!


M Human Mechanist 1/ Engineer 1/ SpaceMarine 2 F +6 R +8 W +3 Init +5. hp 33/33 ac 17 dr 8 grit 8/8

Same here need to see that lol. Also looks up on youtube hobbit shots


Qadira Runelords

IT was good. Quite good! Boneyard good luck on the Osirion PbP. I am the other Archaologist that submitted

Those that can read Darconic:

Around the center symbol the following is written

Down below is for the brave
It takes 3 keys to show the way
Once open beware the graves
Go now, there is no more to say


Stats:
AC 15/12/13 HP 52/52 F+4 R+10 W+10 Init +2 Per +18

Too funny! I had Wili from a prior recruitment thread for that adventure and I thought I'd put her up again. Plus, its always fun to channel Zarta :)

Boneyard interprets the script for anyone that cannot read Draconic, "Three doors, three keys? Do you suppose it refers to those doors here across from us or is there something below this level? I'm thinking we check these doors and if we cannot get through them, we can try some of those others we see up above."


Qadira Runelords

Ehad replies. Makes as much sense as anything else that has happened lately. Which door?

The runes on the north door say Sycorag. The east says Baphomet and the west says The Leigon


Stats:
AC 15/12/13 HP 52/52 F+4 R+10 W+10 Init +2 Per +18

Boneyard racks his memory for any recollection of the words or names described in the runes.
Knowledge (History) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Knowledge (Local) 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (11) + 15 = 26
Rather than putting them all down I went for the ones that seemed most likely. If you need any of the others or Linguistics, though, let me know.


Qadira Runelords

planes then arcana2d20 ⇒ (20, 14) = 34[both +7

Boneyard knows that Baphomet is the name of a Demon Prince yipes And that Sycorag is a common name of a Sovreign Dragons. He also knows that both were mentioned in the history of Nex's siege. He doesn't remember exactly but both are mentioned as fighting with Nex...it seems like if an actual demon prince was fighting with him he would have won...


Stats:
AC 15/12/13 HP 52/52 F+4 R+10 W+10 Init +2 Per +18

"So, I'm not sure about the rest of you, but going through doors labeled with a demon prince and a dragon don't sound like the best place to begin. Of course, "The Leigon" is probably worst of all. I think I'm tempted to see what the first door up the stairs has to say."
Waiting to see if anyone else has other ideas. Boneyard will definitely check the room before crossing and the doors or stairs depending on our choice before proceeding.


Qadira Runelords

taking 10 on both your and Kracow's searching for traps turns up none. If no one objects before I go to bed tonight we will open the legion door


Male Oread Student of Stone Flowing Monk/4 Lore Warden 2 (AC 22/21/18, HP 53/53, Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +7)

im back (granted limited to iPod) hehe, I'm cool with legion. Though I'm gonna laugh if it has biblical references rather than roman ones


Qadira Runelords

The party strolls over to the door, and Kracow rashly slams it open and leads everyone through. Again the world seems to shift. This time is seems as if a thick sludge of...well evil is poured over everyone.

As everyone's vision comes back to them it seems that they are in a massive marble temple, with statues of beautiful winged creatures everywhere. Strange writing covers the walls as well.

Celestial if anyone has it

Planes 12:
This appears to be a celestial bastion.

Salus:
Salus IMMEDIATELY realizes that everyone now detects as evil. Somehow going through that portal left a lingering miasma of evil on everyone, though considering the connection that remains to Salus's god nothing has actually changed.

The roof is 80 feet up, and the small chambers at the top cannot be seen into from where the party stands. 200 feet away stands an alter with a glowing numbus around it, though to get there 175 feet of open floor must be crossed.

The alter looks to have a statue of an angelic being on it holding a sword across her lap.


Stats:
AC 15/12/13 HP 52/52 F+4 R+10 W+10 Init +2 Per +18

No Celestial, but I do have Linguistics 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Boneyard looks around, trying to determine where we might be now, but gives up after a few moments and concentrates on the writing instead.
Knowledge (Planes) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11


Male Tiefling (Beastbrood) Sorcerer (Abyssal) 4/ Paladin 2; AC 19/17/12, HP 43/45, F +10, R +8, W +12, Init + 2, Per +9, Sense M +8

Salus rears back a moment, "Take care everyone, the taint of evil covers us all here." He tightens his grip on his sword and moves to the front of the group.

Planes1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

"This is some sort of celestial bastion, with our taint we must be cautious."


Stats:
AC 15/12/13 HP 52/52 F+4 R+10 W+10 Init +2 Per +18

"That sounds like a serious problem in a place like this. Any way to get it off of us?" Boneyard searches his memory for curses of this sort and any way to remove them.
Knowledge (Religion) perhaps? 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Before advancing, Boneyard will read of of his scrolls of honeyed tongue


Qadira Runelords

Lets make that Arcana

Boneyard:
Cathlessra screams in Boneyard's mind. The only thing you can do is dispel that magic. But if it is powerful enough to make the Paladin evil so you really think you are strong enough to do it? Don't be an idiot!


Stats:
AC 15/12/13 HP 52/52 F+4 R+10 W+10 Init +2 Per +18

Boneyard shakes his head, "Thanks Cathlessra. I don't think you need to worry about dispel magic. Haven't learned that one yet in spite of your insistence that it is quite necessary." Boneyard turns to regard the group, "Unless any of you know how to dispel magic, it looks like our only option is going forward to see if we can find a way through."


Male Oread Student of Stone Flowing Monk/4 Lore Warden 2 (AC 22/21/18, HP 53/53, Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +7)

well that's ironic, it appears we are legion for we are many


Stats:
AC 15/12/13 HP 52/52 F+4 R+10 W+10 Init +2 Per +18

In the interest of moving this along...

"I think we need to get moving and see how we get out of here. Sounds like we'd better be on the lookout for good outsiders who mistake us for something other than what we are." Boneyard begins moving toward the altar while observing the room and ceiling as we go.
Perception 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31


Male Oread Student of Stone Flowing Monk/4 Lore Warden 2 (AC 22/21/18, HP 53/53, Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +7)

Agreed, perhaps those with religious symbols should make sure they are clearly visible.
With that Ehad steps forward following Boneyard.
Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14


Male Orc Witch 9 (scarred witchdoctor/hedge witch) archmage 2 AC 21 ref +11 fort + 17 will +12 hp 139/139 mp 7/7 init +2

Looks around in wonder and steps towards the altar ignoring the talk of being tainted as it means little to him. He is as he was and will be in his mind atleast I am here as supplicant who has lost his way in a place that is many. I am here seeking succor for one who was harmed through no fault of her own. I beseech thine aid or for you to atleast stay thine judgment of my trespass in this place til my task is completed lest the innocent continue to suffer. He thinks back to what his teacher told him about dealing with the beings of light and hopes he has said the correct things.


Qadira Runelords

As our heroes march out into the open space...nothing happens. 6 seconds, 12, 18. Then the figure on the throne points to the party and says Evil.

With this from above, rapidly closing on the party what appears to be 6 miniaturized orrery zips through the air, with thin, sharp blades flashing periodically from within.

Planes 19:

These creatures are only fully harmed by evil weapons

Blades (Ex)

A harbinger can extend blades from its body to strike with as primary natural attacks. These blades possess a +1 enhancement bonus on attack and damage rolls, and are treated as both magic and good-aligned for the purposes of penetrating damage reduction.

Disassemble (Su)

As a move-equivalent action, a harbinger can break apart into its components. This is treated as gaseous form, except the archon retains its full flight speed and DR, and cannot fit through gaps smaller than 1 inch in diameter. Reforming into an orrery is a standard action.

Wrath (Su)

Once per minute, a harbinger archon can emit a blast of energy that deals 2d6 points of force damage to adjacent creatures. A DC 12 Reflex save halves this damage. The harbinger can choose to omit any target from this blast that it desires, damaging only those foes it chooses. The save DC is Charisma-based.

They charge and are quickly in range of all, these are tiny creatures.

Initiative

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

1d20 + 0 ⇒ (8) + 0 = 8 Varin

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18 Boneyard

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 Salus

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14 Kracow

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 Ehad

Our heroes act first, all 5 of the creatures are 15 feet in the air.


Male Orc Witch 9 (scarred witchdoctor/hedge witch) archmage 2 AC 21 ref +11 fort + 17 will +12 hp 139/139 mp 7/7 init +2

Unties his weapon belt. I am not evil I am a healer and I am here for the sick and innocent. I have learned under one of angelic heritage and I will not fight. If you wish to slaughter an unarmed unresisting person then I gladly sacrifice myself to show our true intentions. I cannot and will not fight you. I beseech you to look at our actions and consider them we have offered you no violence and never will. Throws his belt to the feet of the being at the altar then tosses his pack after it he kneels on the floor in supplication to the representative of the powers before him.


Qadira Runelords

varins belt lands and skids about a third of the way to the alter. no reaction yet. Varin make a diplomacy or even a wisdom check, I will add bonuses based on the quality of the speech


Male Tiefling (Beastbrood) Sorcerer (Abyssal) 4/ Paladin 2; AC 19/17/12, HP 43/45, F +10, R +8, W +12, Init + 2, Per +9, Sense M +8

Salus secures his sword and sits down cross legged.

"I will not strike out against servants of the Light without good cause, and them attacking me because of a mistake brought on by enchantment is not good cause." He raises his arms above his head, palms up turned and fingers splayed, a combination of prayer and surrender, "In the name of Sarenrae, stop this madness!"


Qadira Runelords

same for you salus...diplo or wisdom


Male Tiefling (Beastbrood) Sorcerer (Abyssal) 4/ Paladin 2; AC 19/17/12, HP 43/45, F +10, R +8, W +12, Init + 2, Per +9, Sense M +8

Diplomacy1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19


Qadira Runelords

Halt!

the diving celestials stop.

What you speak may be true. However you have still brought evil into my domain. I will permit a trial of arms. One of you may fight me. Cast whatever useful magics you will on your champion. There may be no assistance once combat has begun. Accept or fight me and my legion at full strength.

the celestial gestures and several more powerful, though lesser celestials step out.

Do you accept?


Male Oread Student of Stone Flowing Monk/4 Lore Warden 2 (AC 22/21/18, HP 53/53, Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +7)

would it be safe to assume that all of this is in celestial or is the divine being speaking common?

If So:
Ehad steps forward arms open wide as if in supplication. As a trials of arms can be any of many things, what would you have in mind? We bear no malice towards you nor your followers and have no desire to shed the blood of the righteous, however little it may be. As such, a simple duel would default to your victory. If you had something in mind that would not result in unnecessary pain or death I'm sure we would be willing to accept that.


Stats:
AC 15/12/13 HP 52/52 F+4 R+10 W+10 Init +2 Per +18

Seeing the reaction of Varin and Salus, Boneyard also drops his weapons and awaits the approach of the celestials.

Boneyard doesn't speak Celestial so his response will depend on whether this is Common or Celestial


Qadira Runelords

it is common.


Qadira Runelords

Your champion will face me to the death or I choose to yield. You have brought great evil into this place. The only way to prove you are not evil, as you claim, is to defeat me. That is your choice. Choose your champion or face us all.

Diplo was not high enough to totally convince him, even with the bonuses I gave you for good text it wasnt going to hit the 35 you needed, but you did get high enough to stop the first assault.


Male Orc Witch 9 (scarred witchdoctor/hedge witch) archmage 2 AC 21 ref +11 fort + 17 will +12 hp 139/139 mp 7/7 init +2

How will defeating you prove us to not be evil. Surely only evil would strike one such as yourself. Also many of us have not the prowess of arms to fsce on such as yourself through no intentions of our own have we brought evil into this place whilst seeking a cure for the innocent. So now you will strike down in clear superiority those who have choosen to surrender to you. How is this an act of good it seems more the motivation of pride. Should yo. not assign us a task to prove ourselves or more importantly help those such as ourselves who come to you for not only aid but purification for that which taints us?

Stands and walks to the altar and lays himself upon it.

If in your mind blood must be shed for our accidental crime then take mine freely offered both to you and thise your represent and my patron the world tree that my friends may be cleansed of the taint. I will not fight you nor allow another to fight you. Take my life freely given and have done I say. I will pay for our "crime" with my blood I picked the door in the tower The sin is mine and i say once again take my blood for theirs. It is the greatest sacrifice one can make for the land and people is to give life that life may flourish for the last i say take my life over thiers I say. Thrice I have said and three times in truth have I offered up myself to you now take me and have done.

Wis 1d20 ⇒ 1
Int if I can make a check to use logic.... 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12


Qadira Runelords

Ignorance is no excuse. The ways of evil are crafty and sinister. Do you refuse the trial of arms? Does the orc speak for you?

The celestial finally stands and spreads it's wings.

Brothers it appears as if they are not only evil but cowards as well. It appears we must purge our home of this evil or die in the attempt. Refuse and you orc may be the first or last to die it is your choice.

Wisdom 10:
This particular celestial sees things as Black and White obviously. As a warrior he believes in trial by combat to prove right as well. just like in all the movies! It is obvious that our heroes will not be talking down him from this choice. Barring some amazing action that I have not thought of


Male Oread Student of Stone Flowing Monk/4 Lore Warden 2 (AC 22/21/18, HP 53/53, Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +7)

Well, this could be problematic. Sorry if anyone doesn't like my response as it my make this little munchkin very angry.
Wisdom: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Ehad steps forward as challenging the celestial seems to be the only option. Glorious though you may be to behold, your own words betray you. As a warrior for good, do you not give your whole self to your cause and, should the need arise sacrifice yourself for the greater good?! And yet, here is one who would do the same and you call him a coward? Ehad stares hard at the being for a moment then continues.
I believe that anyone of us here, those mortal and celestial, would give their life if it was asked of them, however I do not believe that there is a need for it. As you believe there is no middle ground between good and evil, perhaps it would be best to inform you of WHY we ended up here. We seek an ancient relic to remove a curse from the wife of a man working to purge our home of corrupt nobility. Though we may appear tainted at this time, I assure we are pure in our intentions. Ehad stand firm waiting for the response of the celestial in charge.
I'll definitely need this for the arrogance of Ehads words
Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 16


Qadira Runelords

1d100 ⇒ 55

Then you Stone Child accept my challenge. You have 10 minutes to prepare for the combat.


Qadira Runelords

The celestial sits again and is surrounded by other celestials. Those that were diving towards our heroes buzz around above them.

Planes 28:
This is a Legion Archon. It has spell resistance, a high DR vs anything but Evil, fights with a flaming Greatsowrd. It can fly. It has an aura that can shake any opponent. It lasts until the archon is struck or 24 hours has elapsed


Male Oread Student of Stone Flowing Monk/4 Lore Warden 2 (AC 22/21/18, HP 53/53, Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +7)

Ehad turns to the others, Well this could be a problem, for obvious reasons he'll have an advantage as he'll fight to kill and any of us who takes the challenge will be fighting only to disable. Looking down and flexing his hands and arms, I'm willing to be our mouth peace so to speak, though I don't like it. If anyone has ways to make it easier to hit him, it would be greatly appreciated. I fear he may be made of pretty tough stuff. Glancing at the Varin and Salus in turn Ehad raises his hand, to each of them Don't worry about him dying, I don't plan on doing anything but getting him to yield, if thats even possible.


Qadira Runelords

Kracow Planes1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Kracow steps forward and offers to let Ehad use either his boots of Striding and Springing or his Ring of Prot +1, or both.

I also have a scroll to let you resist energy, if we knew what kind.


Male Oread Student of Stone Flowing Monk/4 Lore Warden 2 (AC 22/21/18, HP 53/53, Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +7)

Not sure how much use the boots would be though the ring could be useful. I'm thinking more buff spells like Mage Armor, Bless, Haste, Magic Fang (doubt anyone has that one), and Shield of Faith. I think other than the Ring, I cant use much of anything to my advantage.


Male Tiefling (Beastbrood) Sorcerer (Abyssal) 4/ Paladin 2; AC 19/17/12, HP 43/45, F +10, R +8, W +12, Init + 2, Per +9, Sense M +8

Salus shakes his head in disgust at the celestial, he then turns to Ehad, "I have a potion of Bull's Strength. I can also use some of my old magics to aid you."

Salus hands over the potion for Ehad to drink and then using his left hand slices a thin line in the palm of his right. The sulfurous scent of abyssal blood fills the air a moment as Salus dabs his left index finger into the blood and motions for Ehad to hold out his arms. He then begins flicking his hand back and forth and chanting in the fiendish tongues. Slowly Ehad begins to feel his body quicken and mind sharpen and last a thin field of energy flickers across his skin. Salus looks exhausted afterwards.

Three uses of mythic power later: Owl's Wisdom, Cat's Grace, and Mage Armor, all CL 8. Mythic enough for ya?

1,251 to 1,300 of 2,845 << first < prev | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Absalom Gambit All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.