Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

The Absalom Gambit (Inactive)

Game Master Vuvu

A sandbox campaign focused on Absalom and the sewers beneath it.


751 to 800 of 2,846 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>

Male Human Rog 3/Wordcaster(spellslinger) 3 (Mythic Sneak) | AC 23 (armor+5 Dex+6 NA+1 Pro+1) | T 17 | FF 18 | HP 55 F +6 | R +12 | W+7 | perc +10 | Int +7

HP 44/21. I would like to get out of the reach of the devil by tumbling so that A) it would have to move more than 5' to atk me. Would I get cover from the boxes? To get past it, I will double move (tumble, move) farther away if needed.

If so, then
Kracow belows and lets his Puddle's upbringing loose:
Get this masked, whore of a curr off a me.

Avoiding the pit, he then expertly maneuvers with twists and rolls past the supply boxes where he takes cover and fires at a new target, the caster drow.
Tumble
1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27
Atk
1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 9 + 1 = 21
Damage
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 and shock 1d6 ⇒ 2

Reloading another alchemical shot.

If the caster is out of range for PBS, then he will shoot defensively (-4 to hit; +2 AC) at the devil.


Runelords

Kracow dips and rolls. It is a show to be seen. In an amazing display of athletic prowess Kracow manages to maneuver himself behind the boxes and let of a shot with his pistol. The shot connects a glancing blow to the drow's side, and more so

1d20 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22 for 2d6 + 11 ⇒ (5, 5) + 11 = 21 The whipping flails catches Kracow in the leg just as he makes it to the boxes.

As Kracow gets to the boxes he stands, one hand resting on them...staggered.

Edit: wrote about the wrong target! Fixed


Runelords

Planes 25 or Heal 20:
It would appear that the Devil's connection to this plane is beginning to waiver.


Female Warforged Spell-less Ranger 1
Status:
HP 13 AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 16 | F +5 | R +5 | W +2 | Init +3 | Per +6

Round 9

Tarragon moves 5' to attack the drow. Unless it has moved.

"I return to you what you unjustly gave to others."

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Damage: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (2, 4) + 3 = 9

Confirming critical

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Damage: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (2, 7) + 3 = 12

Knowledge: Planes: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14


Stats:
AC 15/12/13 HP 52/52 F+4 R+10 W+10 Init +2 Per +18

Knowledge (Planes) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Any way to glitterdust the drow and/or big ugly without catching awake allies?


Male Oread Student of Stone Flowing Monk/4 Lore Warden 2 (AC 22/21/18, HP 53/53, Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +7)

quick question on the pit, as I jumped out of the way? Where would that put me relative to the drow and the devil? I was going to post, but realized this could answer a little bit for me of what I should do.


Runelords

Tarragon takes a step back towards the Devil with a devastating cut. Leaving a large rent in its armor...if only it has pushed all the way through.

1d4 ⇒ 2 Ehad wound up in between the pit and the Drow and Devil.

Boneyard Yes you can


Male Oread Student of Stone Flowing Monk/4 Lore Warden 2 (AC 22/21/18, HP 53/53, Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +7)

After jumping to the edge of the pit, Ehad looks at the robed drow, running at him to stymy his casters harassment Do unto my comrades as you would have me do unto you.
Swift back into Janni Style, move/charge? attack the drow (using combat expertise)
1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 10 - 2 = 23
1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

AC modifiers:
+1 from drow, +2 from combat expertise for a net +3

I figure if we plan on using that channel, we want to get rid of anyone that can benefit from it first


Runelords

The drow wizard takes the punch across the jaw, spitting out a tooth as he does. He looks woozy, similiar to Kracow.


Male Human Rog 3/Wordcaster(spellslinger) 3 (Mythic Sneak) | AC 23 (armor+5 Dex+6 NA+1 Pro+1) | T 17 | FF 18 | HP 55 F +6 | R +12 | W+7 | perc +10 | Int +7

Kracow sees Pyke eying his opposition and says in Draconic,

Pyke:
Kill the drow or heal, but leave the devil to us.


Runelords

Kracow just wants the glory of shooting the devil and killing it only to fall unconscience as the glorious hero..you staggered showoff


Stats:
AC 15/12/13 HP 52/52 F+4 R+10 W+10 Init +2 Per +18

Kracow, you can't see Pyke (unless that blow knocked a new special ability into you), but he has no interest in going toe-to-toe with that thing unless things get desperate enough for him to try to steal its mask. He's also not going after the wizard with his rapier since doing so is going to drop his invisibility and get him smacked with an AoO. He has no idea how close the devil is to disappearing and probably doesn't have a good sense the wizard is about to drop either.

Boneyard invokes the wand again, casting glitterdust to attempt to catch the wizard and devil while avoiding Kracow and Ehad.
Stealth 1d20 + 6 + 20 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 20 = 42


Male Human Rog 3/Wordcaster(spellslinger) 3 (Mythic Sneak) | AC 23 (armor+5 Dex+6 NA+1 Pro+1) | T 17 | FF 18 | HP 55 F +6 | R +12 | W+7 | perc +10 | Int +7

Ah forgot you are invis. but still he knows you are about and would try to direct attacks. Also, casting Glitterdust will end invis. just as an attack would. The point was to make use of party knowledge to end one threat (and not because of glory stealing ;).


Stats:
AC 15/12/13 HP 52/52 F+4 R+10 W+10 Init +2 Per +18

Damn, you're right. Was originally thinking it fell under the indirect rules. MiniGM, if you'll let me retcon, he will CLW on Ehad instead. 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 If not, c'est la vie.


Male Orc Witch 9 (scarred witchdoctor/hedge witch) archmage 2 AC 21 ref +11 fort + 17 will +12 hp 139/139 mp 7/7 init +2

Spurt to -2


Female Warforged Spell-less Ranger 1
Status:
HP 13 AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 16 | F +5 | R +5 | W +2 | Init +3 | Per +6
Varin Artusk Darkthane wrote:
Spurt to -2

Stabilizing requires a con check. Only if you fail do you bleed more.

Stable Characters and Recovery:

On the character's next turn, after being reduced to negative hit points (but not dead), and on all subsequent turns, the character must make a DC 10 Constitution check to become stable. The character takes a penalty on this roll equal to his negative hit point total. A character that is stable does not need to make this check. A natural 20 on this check is an automatic success. If the character fails this check, he loses 1 hit point. An unconscious or dying character cannot use any special action that changes the initiative count on which his action occurs.


Male Orc Witch 9 (scarred witchdoctor/hedge witch) archmage 2 AC 21 ref +11 fort + 17 will +12 hp 139/139 mp 7/7 init +2

sorry was playing 2e yesterday and spent a lot of time spurting lol.

1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 5 - 1 = 16

Lays there out of it from smacking his head in the fall. Thankfully the bleeding has stopped. Now if only his heroic comrades can stop the villains......


Runelords

ARGH!!!! Someone kill it! lol. The epicness of this is killing me. Thanks or that spoiler Tarragon!

From where the box stood at the end of the room there is another pulse...as if it is trying to continue functioning but is petering out. It strikes the Devil and a glow surrounds it briefly. It's muscles seem to shrink ever so slightly. The glow strikes each of our heroes as well healing them ever so slightly

1d3 ⇒ 1 to everyone.

Shaking off the effect the devil lays into Tarrogon.

1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19 for 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (5, 6) + 10 = 21

The first blow catches Tarragon in the stomach bending him over slightly.
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33 for 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (4, 6) + 10 = 20
The second blow comes down Hard on Tarragon's skull sending it Crashing into the ground.

IT then swings it's flail around, as it takes a step towards Ehad.

Wow saved by the pulse. Now that is luck right there.

The Drow looks at the room, sees the Devil coming, sees the rejuvenated Kracow slamming a round into his gun.

[ooc] Concentration with mystery modifier.1d20 ⇒ 10

Focusing it Casts

spellcraft 16:
Dampen Powder Link Kracow read this if you made the spell craft

Then the drow collapses.


Runelords

Round 10 Last round for the DR good penetration folks. EVERYONE make sure you read the above closely something happened to all of you...yes even the sleepy Salus


Male Oread Student of Stone Flowing Monk/4 Lore Warden 2 (AC 22/21/18, HP 53/53, Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +7)

Well, this could get interesting. Whats the distance between me our little demonic princess?


Runelords

15 feet


Stats:
AC 15/12/13 HP 52/52 F+4 R+10 W+10 Init +2 Per +18

Spellcraft 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 no clue
Assuming he is within 35 feet of Tarragon...
Breathing a slight sigh as the wizard collapses, the hidden Boneyard casts again. This time summoning magics to stabilize the brave ironborn that came to the rescue and hoping his spell will work on such a being. Casts stabilize on Tarragon.
Stealth 1d20 + 6 + 20 ⇒ (11) + 6 + 20 = 37

Status:

hp 22/28


Male Human Rog 3/Wordcaster(spellslinger) 3 (Mythic Sneak) | AC 23 (armor+5 Dex+6 NA+1 Pro+1) | T 17 | FF 18 | HP 55 F +6 | R +12 | W+7 | perc +10 | Int +7

Woot! Not. Dead. Yet!

spellcraft on drow
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
That crazy drow killed himself just to cast.

Heal check
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

If the drow is dying then attack on Devil, 5' move (or tumble if needed to not provoke), then fire:
Atk
1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 1 = 13
Damage
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Shock
1d6 ⇒ 5


Runelords

Kracow fires.. Click

Nothing happens. Full Round action to clear. Take a look at that spoiler spellcraft now Kracow


Male Human Rog 3/Wordcaster(spellslinger) 3 (Mythic Sneak) | AC 23 (armor+5 Dex+6 NA+1 Pro+1) | T 17 | FF 18 | HP 55 F +6 | R +12 | W+7 | perc +10 | Int +7

Ok, got results of spellcraft. Kracow DOES NOT fire.

Realizing that the drow sacrificed himself to just waste his hard earned ammo, Kracow cruses silently while contemplating his options. He searches his inventory quickly and retrieves a scroll from the last drow wizard he met.

Knowing he's got one shot at this, Kracow pulls out a scroll of pellet blast CL5 from his sleeve and attempts to cast defensively through his gun using the 'good' enhanced ammo for the last round

Arcane gun:
A spellslinger can cast any ranged touch attack, cone, line, or ray spells through his arcane gun. When he casts through the arcane gun, the gun’s enhancement bonus (if any) is a bonus to the spell’s attack rolls or to the spell’s saving throw DCs.
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/wizard/archetypes/paizo---wiza rd-archetypes/spellslinger

Cast def
1d20 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 3 = 17
DC 15 Ref(10+level + the gun gives 1 to DC, needs Int13 to create scroll so +1 from ability. Think I got that right).
Damage +gun magic + PBS
2d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2, 7) + 1 + 1 = 11

Kracow aims the cone to catch the devil and avoid his friends (up and to the left I imagine is safe).


Male Human Rog 3/Wordcaster(spellslinger) 3 (Mythic Sneak) | AC 23 (armor+5 Dex+6 NA+1 Pro+1) | T 17 | FF 18 | HP 55 F +6 | R +12 | W+7 | perc +10 | Int +7

Bah I was typing when you posted. Too late to repost?


Male Oread Student of Stone Flowing Monk/4 Lore Warden 2 (AC 22/21/18, HP 53/53, Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +7)

ugh, what happened to Salus in all of this?


Runelords

salus is out on the floor.

You can change kracow, since you made that check.

The devil screams and vanishes leaving a clatter or armor on the ground.

For a moment everything is silent. long post coming. hold posts please


Male Tiefling (Beastbrood) Sorcerer (Abyssal) 4/ Paladin 2; AC 19/17/12, HP 43/45, F +10, R +8, W +12, Init + 2, Per +9, Sense M +8

just over here unconscious, nothing to see folks.


Runelords

The scene is as follows. An orc in a mask down a pit. A tiefling paladin sleeping on the ground. An Oread monk standing ready to kick anything that moves. A human with a pistol, struggling to remove a damaged round. An invisible half-elf administering to an almost dead Ironborn that less than a minute ago no one even knew existed.
Clap, clap, clap
In to the room walks a female drow with long claws. She stands next to the wizard. And ever so simply she leans down and tears off his head and drops it.

I don’t like failure. Attack me if you wish. For now, I think that I will leave you to your...victory. Yes, even you half-elf.

She turns and walks out the door. attack if you wish. You did not get time to heal.

Anyone who follows and peaks out the door sees that the corridor that was there moments before is now gone. The party can only go back the way they came.


Runelords

This is what you find. Tarragon you may use the weapon rack if you wish. Roll a d100. [ooc] I will be gone for a while, but I will make posts asap. Make your plans, divide your loot etc. Get to know the last known Ironborn etc. I hope you had fun. I purposely gave you a VERY hard fight. I wanted to give the party a reason to be boned together. I think that fight gave it to you.

1737 XP Per person
6 MW hand crossbows
6 doses drow poison

Ring Spellcraft 19:
of Protection+2

Headband Spellcraft 17:
of Int +2 (Knowledge Dungeoneering keyed)

Bracers Spellcraft 20:
Bracers of armor +3

Scrolls Spellcraft 20:
of Fireball CL 5
Scroll of Lightning Bolt CL5
Scroll of Dispel Magic CL 5

Cloak Spellcraft 18:
of Resistance +2

2 Cure Serious Wounds Potion
Large Breastplate Spellcraft 17:
+1

Large Dire Flail Spellcraft 17:
+1


Male Oread Student of Stone Flowing Monk/4 Lore Warden 2 (AC 22/21/18, HP 53/53, Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +7)

Well, I can tell you that Ehad will have no idea what any of this stuff is, though he wouldn't mind the ring or the bracers should anyone let him know what they are. (preferably the ring)


Male Human Rog 3/Wordcaster(spellslinger) 3 (Mythic Sneak) | AC 23 (armor+5 Dex+6 NA+1 Pro+1) | T 17 | FF 18 | HP 55 F +6 | R +12 | W+7 | perc +10 | Int +7

Kracow can cast identify(50/46) to let everyone know what is available.

What manner of creature are you? Kracow says to the Ironborn, trying to match up what he knows of this creature.
Kn: planes 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Kn local 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

You seemed to have a grudge against that devil. Was it personal or are you designed to fight all hellions? Quite impressive fighting style there too. Glad we didn't loose you.

[ooc]For the loot, most of it can be used be all. I say we front load the fighter type with better AC. So Salus, Ehad and Tarragon should get first dibs at the bracer +2 and ring +2 (roll off 1d20 if you dont have better)

Then the +2 cloak all can use, so roll off for that if you want and put in what you are currently wearing. I have a +1 ill put in and will roll for the +2 cloak
1d20 ⇒ 10

The head band +2 should go to Varin as noone else benefits as much.

Finally, the scrolls and potions should be split up between Boneyard and Varin. I would like to replace my fireball scroll if there is no protest. Who ever doesnt have a good cure pot should take one pot of csw.

We should sell the ms crossbows and large armor and fails to split.

Think that is everything.


Male Oread Student of Stone Flowing Monk/4 Lore Warden 2 (AC 22/21/18, HP 53/53, Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +7)

may want to edit that Kracow. the bracers are +3. The reason I would want the ring though, is that it also applies to CMD not just AC. But if we want to roll off on things thats cool.
1d20 ⇒ 19

Do we have a loot page? It may help to keep everything in order.


Runelords

probably best to do this in the discussion page. I have not set up anything for loot, beyond trusting you guys to deal with it as you choose. That said, anything that you would like me to post up on the Campaign info tab I am happy to do so.


Female Warforged Spell-less Ranger 1
Status:
HP 13 AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 16 | F +5 | R +5 | W +2 | Init +3 | Per +6

Did someone heal me? All I saw was stabilize.


Male Orc Witch 9 (scarred witchdoctor/hedge witch) archmage 2 AC 21 ref +11 fort + 17 will +12 hp 139/139 mp 7/7 init +2

Looks around happily as the pit vanishes. Casts Clw on self 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11Then he walks over to the ironborn. Here...I hope this works... healing hex 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (6, 3) + 5 = 14


Male Human Rog 3/Wordcaster(spellslinger) 3 (Mythic Sneak) | AC 23 (armor+5 Dex+6 NA+1 Pro+1) | T 17 | FF 18 | HP 55 F +6 | R +12 | W+7 | perc +10 | Int +7

Kracow suggest,
Lets make use of a wand of healing then go back to town and each buy a wand or share in its cost.

Move the loot to the discussion page.


Male Orc Witch 9 (scarred witchdoctor/hedge witch) archmage 2 AC 21 ref +11 fort + 17 will +12 hp 139/139 mp 7/7 init +2

Walks over to Kracow and lays his hands on him muttering something about a tree.
1d8 + 5 + 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 + (1) + 5 = 16. That's all the spells I have for this day.....


Female Warforged Spell-less Ranger 1
Status:
HP 13 AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 16 | F +5 | R +5 | W +2 | Init +3 | Per +6

Tarragon stirs, regains consciousness, then stands after Varin heals him.

"My thanks."

He will cast CMW on himself three times.

2d8 + 5 ⇒ (2, 2) + 5 = 9

2d8 + 5 ⇒ (1, 6) + 5 = 12

2d8 + 5 ⇒ (4, 4) + 5 = 13

"Ah! Much better."

Looking around he notices the Orc is pretty ragged and moves over to him and casts some healing.

Varin:

CLW: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

CLW: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

CLW: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Varin, you are healed for 27 HP.

I think I want that ring. Here is my roll for it.

1d20 ⇒ 1

Sigh.


Male Orc Witch 9 (scarred witchdoctor/hedge witch) archmage 2 AC 21 ref +11 fort + 17 will +12 hp 139/139 mp 7/7 init +2

Thank you so what sort of creature are you? If you do not mind my asking...I have never see your looked before.

cloak roll 1d20 ⇒ 10


Female Warforged Spell-less Ranger 1
Status:
HP 13 AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 16 | F +5 | R +5 | W +2 | Init +3 | Per +6

Mit løb kaldes Ironborn. Mit navn er Tarragon.

Orc:
"My race is called Ironborn. My name is Tarragon."

Noticing Salus bleeding on the ground, Tarragon moves over and heals him.

Salus:

CLW: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

CLW: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

CLW: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Salus, you are healed for 33 HP.

And that is all my 1st and 2nd spells for the day.

MiniGm, if I use the rack would I still fatigue?


Stats:
AC 15/12/13 HP 52/52 F+4 R+10 W+10 Init +2 Per +18

"Thanks for the help Tarragon. I think you arrived at just the right moment. Everyone ready to head back to the surface before claws decides to come back and finish us?"
Definitely willing to wait for you to use the rack Tarragon.


Runelords

Tarragon you will just have to find out! muahahaha.


Male Human Rog 3/Wordcaster(spellslinger) 3 (Mythic Sneak) | AC 23 (armor+5 Dex+6 NA+1 Pro+1) | T 17 | FF 18 | HP 55 F +6 | R +12 | W+7 | perc +10 | Int +7

Kracow HP 44/19 Yes, we should use use the wand in the pack.

Thank you Varin. Mind using that wand on me. I dont have much luck with the divine.
karacow
UMD 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Once we are well enough to travel we should go topside, resupply, report to M'lord.

Tarragon, I am Kracow. We welcome you and could use your help rooting out this drow invasion into Absalom. In return, let me show you how this pool works.

Kracow takes off his leather armor and goes through the steps with the rack to show Tarragon and see if he gets results with his own armor.


Runelords

Kracow dips the armor into the pool, and grip the gauntlet. Rather than the flash you saw before, there is a jolt and Kracow is tossed back 10 feet across the room, landing in a heap.

Take 1d6 ⇒ 6

you are now fatigued


Runelords

Forgot this, for those of you who did weapons

1d100 ⇒ 61-salus

1d100 ⇒ 80-kracow Kracow your gun now glows with a whitish/yellow light. It can be supressed or turned on as a standard action.

1d100 ⇒ 45-Boneyard

Also one more thing found on the wizard-A letter

Tell you mistress that I require the items faster than they are being provided. I do not have centuries of life to wait like you creatures. If she wishes her reward then she needs to complete phase one within the week.

R


Runelords

Salus:

As you come too and collect yourself, you once again feel the call of the statuette. It wants to heal.


Male Orc Witch 9 (scarred witchdoctor/hedge witch) archmage 2 AC 21 ref +11 fort + 17 will +12 hp 139/139 mp 7/7 init +2

Uses Kracows wand 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4, 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5, 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Anyone else?

751 to 800 of 2,846 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Absalom Gambit All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.