Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


The Absalom Gambit (Inactive)

Game Master Vuvu

A sandbox campaign focused on Absalom and the sewers beneath it.


501 to 550 of 2,846 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

Male Tiefling (Beastbrood) Sorcerer (Abyssal) 4/ Paladin 2; AC 19/17/12, HP 43/45, F +10, R +8, W +12, Init + 2, Per +9, Sense M +8

"The surface could be tough on him." Salus says to Kracow. He turns to the Kobold "You know any trades, little one? How to handle a blade? A crossbow maybe?"


Runelords

No blade...claws. I make things that go boom, send burning acid or fire where I want it to go. I make spell bottles can drink or share! I help!


Male Human Rog 3/Wordcaster(spellslinger) 3 (Mythic Sneak) | AC 23 (armor+5 Dex+6 NA+1 Pro+1) | T 17 | FF 18 | HP 55 F +6 | R +12 | W+7 | perc +10 | Int +7

Kracow turns to the orc and says,

I am Kracow. I hear you are Varin from the Puddles. I don't know you but you did us a kindness. For that I am grateful and you have earned my thanks.

[b]Might I ask what happened to you or are you too wounded? Can you heal others more or are you depleted of magic? Take back what is yours from this pile we took from the drow.[b]

Can we assume that we got healed by the wand or should we use the players spell slots?

I need one heal1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Runelords

you guys choice :)


Stats:
AC 15/12/13 HP 52/52 F+4 R+10 W+10 Init +2 Per +18

I'll heal you Kracow and also cast one CLW on myself 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Boneyard turns to the kobold. "So, before we see about talking to them, what can you tell us about what they're up to."

MiniGM - I probably still have some nonlethal damage from the pain strike. I was at 3 hp accumulated with 3 rounds to go.


Runelords

thanks Boneyard, I forgot. I assume you will heal yourself before the next one hits.If you choose to heal yourself again in between that is fine. but the three rolls are below.

1d6 ⇒ 5
1d6 ⇒ 4
1d6 ⇒ 2


Runelords

Me not sure. I make gas globes. They bring me gold, I melt and make globes. Throw globe, it cracks, air gets in, reacts with gold and spider poison and sleep poison and salt, and sulfur, all is ruined but cloud is made. Very expensive to make, very hard.

Every couple days, slaves have to take all the gems from the jewelry to treasure room, and go get spider poison from spiders. I been here for weeks. Go home now?


Male Human Rog 3/Wordcaster(spellslinger) 3 (Mythic Sneak) | AC 23 (armor+5 Dex+6 NA+1 Pro+1) | T 17 | FF 18 | HP 55 F +6 | R +12 | W+7 | perc +10 | Int +7

A few more questions first.

Where is the treasure room? And can you lead us there?

Thanks for the heals. Lets get everyone up to full. Ar the drows safely tied up and gagged?


Runelords

Kracow looks around the room, sees both Drow still knocked out and tied up.

Yes can take...Orc knows, has been there. I have not been only know how to get there. Treasure changes all the time, things come, things go...not sure what there. Always large shelf for weapons with magic pool and glove attached. Also big box with suit of armor...everyhting else change...make free now?


Runelords

Varin has been awake since interrogation of kobold began


Stats:
AC 15/12/13 HP 52/52 F+4 R+10 W+10 Init +2 Per +18

"Not yet. Tell us what you've heard of what they are up to. We need to know everything you've heard."
Sense Motive to see if he is truthful and whether he is holding anything back 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26


Male Orc Witch 9 (scarred witchdoctor/hedge witch) archmage 2 AC 21 ref +11 fort + 17 will +12 hp 139/139 mp 7/7 init +2

Makes strange hand gestures and goes around picking up his gear. Then looks around for the masked drow. Varin rips his mask off the drow and puts it back on....
He pulls out his razor and if no one stops him tries to slit his throat.


Runelords

I make balls, they tell me to fight when alarm goes, I fight they sleep, I stop. Thats all I know.

Boneyard is positive that the Kobold believes he is telling the truth.


Male Tiefling (Beastbrood) Sorcerer (Abyssal) 4/ Paladin 2; AC 19/17/12, HP 43/45, F +10, R +8, W +12, Init + 2, Per +9, Sense M +8

Salus notices Varin trying to finish the drow warrior and loosens his sword in its scabard. "I'm sure he deserves it but not yet. We must give him a chance to repent, and lacking that he may have information we need."


Male Orc Witch 9 (scarred witchdoctor/hedge witch) archmage 2 AC 21 ref +11 fort + 17 will +12 hp 139/139 mp 7/7 init +2

Points at missing hand then at same ARM on drow and makes chopping motion..... Growls.. then points at the priestess and opens his mouth to show where his tongue is missing at the root and points to his arm. Points to both and makes a praying motion the to the mask he just put back on then makes a breaking motion.....


Male Human Rog 3/Wordcaster(spellslinger) 3 (Mythic Sneak) | AC 23 (armor+5 Dex+6 NA+1 Pro+1) | T 17 | FF 18 | HP 55 F +6 | R +12 | W+7 | perc +10 | Int +7

Kracow says to Varin,
You have suffered much at the hands of these creatures, and a time will come for your justice but for now I agree with Salus. Revenge now will not get us paid later.

Turning to the rest,
when they wake and we extract what info we can from them. Then we will have to decide do we turn them over to Absalom or the blood filled Orc here?


Runelords

The kobold speaks up

Go now? Make free? Go with orc, nice stong orc, and get your treasure? No need me anymore.

He seems utterly terrified at the prospect of seeing the Drow awake again.


Male Orc Witch 9 (scarred witchdoctor/hedge witch) archmage 2 AC 21 ref +11 fort + 17 will +12 hp 139/139 mp 7/7 init +2

Shakes his head at the kolbold and sketches the sign for poison in the dirt pointing at the kolbold. Then dmwrites out he can't be trusted poisoner....


Runelords

No no! Only do because they make! They make! Let free! Let free!

Sense Motive 12:
He seems to be telling the truth


Male Tiefling (Beastbrood) Sorcerer (Abyssal) 4/ Paladin 2; AC 19/17/12, HP 43/45, F +10, R +8, W +12, Init + 2, Per +9, Sense M +8

Sense Motive 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

"I think he's being truthful, I think we should let him go or offer him a job."


Runelords

A job?! No slave?! I work, I work! You feed, let sleep, bring ingredients, I work!


Male Orc Witch 9 (scarred witchdoctor/hedge witch) archmage 2 AC 21 ref +11 fort + 17 will +12 hp 139/139 mp 7/7 init +2

Scribbles in the floor "he lies he enjoyed his power over me and the other slaves he mixed poisons for her to use to cause others pain. They failed to work on me but I have learned to embrace pain and make it strength....."


Runelords

They make! They make!! They tell me, must laugh at prisoners, administer poisons! I one who heal you when you sleep! I good kobold! Good kobold! I can make potions! I will make! You just feed and bring ingredients! I make. Let be free! I work! No kill!

Sense Motive 12:
Again he seems to be telling the truth


Male Tiefling (Beastbrood) Sorcerer (Abyssal) 4/ Paladin 2; AC 19/17/12, HP 43/45, F +10, R +8, W +12, Init + 2, Per +9, Sense M +8

Sense Motive1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Am I unsure or do I think he's lying?


Runelords

You think he is telling the truth. In general that is how I always play Sense Motive to check about truth. If you fail you are always sure they are telling the truth.


Male Tiefling (Beastbrood) Sorcerer (Abyssal) 4/ Paladin 2; AC 19/17/12, HP 43/45, F +10, R +8, W +12, Init + 2, Per +9, Sense M +8

"He seems truthful and useful. I'm willing to take him into my care."


Runelords

Yes Yes! Give me place to make potions! I make for you!

The Kobold then goes into a long explanation of what he can do for you, if you let him live and give him a place to eat, sleep, and work.

You will have to provide him with all of this and he can make potions and infused extracts. You will have to decide where to board him, and pay for either a room, or if somewhere else, a bedroll, and winter blanket for him. To keep him fed, and pay him (not a slave) it will cost the party 10 gp a week.

That is if of course you let him live. Honestly this is one of those things I had not planned on, at all. So that is pretty cool either way.

What he can make:

CLW (4 extracts of CL 4 can exist at any given time)
Ant Haul
Enlarge Person
Keen Senses
Reduce Person
Shock Shield
True Strike

Ablative Barrier (2 extracts of CL 4 can exist at any given time)
Barksin
CMW
Fire Sneeze
Restoration Lesser

Or can brew any of these into potions. If you choose this option you must Pay half the price of a usual potion, and wait the given time for it to be brewed, you can choose a caster level up to 4
Brewing a potion takes 2 hours if its base price is 250 gp or less, otherwise brewing a potion takes 1 day for each 1,000 gp in its base price.


Male Human Rog 3/Wordcaster(spellslinger) 3 (Mythic Sneak) | AC 23 (armor+5 Dex+6 NA+1 Pro+1) | T 17 | FF 18 | HP 55 F +6 | R +12 | W+7 | perc +10 | Int +7

10gp week! What is this Trump Towers!

So now you want a job but you didn't before? If you are worth the gold we pay then we will find a room for you, but you will have to stay out of sight in the big city.

For now, you stay with us and help with the drow traps and poisons.

If everyone is healed, lets drop off the stuff in the scrying room without letting our captives know then start questioning the drow before heading out.


Runelords

better make sure Varin is on board there big boss


Male Orc Witch 9 (scarred witchdoctor/hedge witch) archmage 2 AC 21 ref +11 fort + 17 will +12 hp 139/139 mp 7/7 init +2

Growls and looks at the kolbold then the rest of the party and shakes his head in disgust. In the dirt he writes "when I tried to free them he's the one who made sure the other kolbolds didn't side with me. It he had helped or had just gotten them to stand off I could have freed them." Do what you want but I wouldn't drink anything made by him. You never know when he's gonna slip in something that would kill you. I could make nearly any potion he could and better probably and you wouldn't have to worry about poison...."


Runelords

Those Kobolds evil! They not listen to me. They only run because Drow going to lose. Had you not talk backed you still have tongue, had you not tried to kill guard you still have hand! That not my make happen. You be dead if not for my healing.

Sense Motive 12:
This is truth


Stats:
AC 15/12/13 HP 52/52 F+4 R+10 W+10 Init +2 Per +18

Sense Motive 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
"The kobold speaks the truth, but I have no interest in working with him. He is motivated by fear. I say we set him loose."


Runelords

Free! Free good! Olp leave these with you!

Very slowly the Kobold picks up some powders, one that glitters, and takes 2 minutes and presents two vials.

Spellcraft 17:

Restoration Lesser
Shock Shield
Both CL 4


Male Tiefling (Beastbrood) Sorcerer (Abyssal) 4/ Paladin 2; AC 19/17/12, HP 43/45, F +10, R +8, W +12, Init + 2, Per +9, Sense M +8

Sense Motive1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Spellcraft1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

Salus addresses his fellow adventurers, "I'm willing to take him under my wing, fear can not his only motivator. If you will consent I will begin training him in the faiths of the gods of Light." Turning to the kobold he accepts the potions and continues, "Your decision little one, you can run home or you can work for me and learn how to walk in the light and never know fear again."


Runelords

You feed Olp? No beat? Yes? Then I will listen, and if bad run home later.


Stats:
AC 15/12/13 HP 52/52 F+4 R+10 W+10 Init +2 Per +18

"Salus, I respect your desire to do good, but the kobold's words betray him. If you take him under your wing and he runs later, he can reveal too much. We need to send him away now. We've learned what we can from him. He knows nothing to betray us. That won't be the case later."


Male Orc Witch 9 (scarred witchdoctor/hedge witch) archmage 2 AC 21 ref +11 fort + 17 will +12 hp 139/139 mp 7/7 init +2

Scribbles out "kill him he has done more than enough to warrant it." Snarls at the kolbold and thinks hard about sleep hexing him.


Runelords

Kobold snarls back. I hear others talk. Orc here murder Drow in tunnels. Execute him. I never execute anyone. Maybe you should kill orc.


Male Oread Student of Stone Flowing Monk/4 Lore Warden 2 (AC 22/21/18, HP 53/53, Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +7)

As tensions between Varin and the Kobold become more apparent, Ehad steps between the two begins to speak up on the matter Whether either one of you deserves to die, it would be vigilante justice to kill either of you at this point. Based on the orcs current condition, I would warrant a guess that the drow were after him for some reason or another and he defended himself. then turning to face the Kobold. You drew your sword against us, so to speak, while this orc risked his life for freedom. For this reason, I at least, would be more willing to trust him. However, he did surrender and as such I can only see us doing one of two things with you. then looking at varin and NEITHER of them is to kill him. Either we take him and let him be judged in the courts, or we let him go. I am impartial as to which we choose, but I will not in any way support killing him. As he finishes, Ehad sits down and looks at the group and awaits their decision.

Eh, I'm a monk. I feel like that was a stereotypical rant of a Paladin but I figure, I dont personally trust him to make me potions, but I'm not cold enough to just kill him either


Runelords

Ok I am going to move on here. In the discussion thread you can continue to hash out what happens to Olp, and we will say it happened retroactively. It appears that the consensus will be to let him free, perhaps Salus will arrange some way to contact him in the future to teach him...If you decide to kill him later on then he will just be dead. He has no knowledge to help you in the immediate trip down to the treasure room in any event.

I also assume that you all healed yourselves, and I will let you decide if you used wands or spells etc, Ehad if you want to rub the acid on yourself you may. Here are 5 damage rolls, take them in order until you are healed, since your Resistance is only 5

1d6 ⇒ 6
1d6 ⇒ 2
1d6 ⇒ 3
1d6 ⇒ 1

Varin guides the party through the darkness, with Kracow and Boneyard keeping a good eye for traps. After 4 hours of travel Kracow begins to sweat and shake.

Around the same time the party comes to a hole in the stone, with a rope Decending 30 feet to the ground. Next to the landing is another hole with a 30 ft rope, at the bottom of that is yet another with a 30ft rope.

You will all have to make 3 sets of 3 Climb 10 checks (armor modifiers as well) Follow the rules for falling and track your damage. For Varin the check is 15, due to having only 1 hand

The next post will come after all are down, Salus may be gone so I can bot his roles if necessary. Once the rest are down I will do so if he has not posted.
[/ooc]


Runelords

both drow are still asleep, explain how you handle them


Male Oread Student of Stone Flowing Monk/4 Lore Warden 2 (AC 22/21/18, HP 53/53, Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +7)

Assuming that noone does anything with the drow, Ehad pulls out a large cord of silk rope and weaves it between the 2 drows manacles (put on by Salus earlier) and drags the 2 behind himself. {yeah, it will be a pain, but its either that or wake them up and force them to go, but they would likely try to sound the alarm or set off traps)
Ehad looks down into the hole, then back to the group, If someone cares to help, we can lower down the drow and the orc. down, they are asleep and he has one hand, I have extra rope if we need.
Should Varen accept the rope, Ehad will wrap it around him so that he can use it as a support rope when he goes down if he needs rolls to catch him, here they are in order (the +2 is from my Str):
1.1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
2.1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
3.1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
lolz, hope he doesnt fall on the last climb check.


Male Orc Witch 9 (scarred witchdoctor/hedge witch) archmage 2 AC 21 ref +11 fort + 17 will +12 hp 139/139 mp 7/7 init +2

Scribles out "Thank you I am a caster not a warrior. A healer. I need some herbs from the room ahead my assistant was poisoned. That's why I came down here to seek a cure for him". Keeps an eye out for the mushrooms he needs.


Runelords

Ehad you are able to brace him down, you need to make another STR check, to get him down safe. Then the other two holes. Varin you can make a Climb or Acro check to give Ehad a +2


Male Tiefling (Beastbrood) Sorcerer (Abyssal) 4/ Paladin 2; AC 19/17/12, HP 43/45, F +10, R +8, W +12, Init + 2, Per +9, Sense M +8

Using the Lesser Resto Potion from Olp 1d4 ⇒ 2
It like its own cure lights :)

Take 10 on my own climb

Aid Another for Ehad and Varin 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
21d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
31d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Male Orc Witch 9 (scarred witchdoctor/hedge witch) archmage 2 AC 21 ref +11 fort + 17 will +12 hp 139/139 mp 7/7 init +2

Climb 1d20 ⇒ 16
2nd 1d20 ⇒ 20
3rd 1d20 ⇒ 6
Scribbles "thank you" on the floor. Keeps looking for the plants I need.


Male Human Rog 3/Wordcaster(spellslinger) 3 (Mythic Sneak) | AC 23 (armor+5 Dex+6 NA+1 Pro+1) | T 17 | FF 18 | HP 55 F +6 | R +12 | W+7 | perc +10 | Int +7

Can we take 10 on climb? If so, I make it down. Or can I do a fancy acrobatics tuck, tumble and bounce, like a parcour event?

So we let him loose then. I just hope he doesn't warn others or that we come to regret this, Kracow says as he watches the kobold disappear into the darkness.

After a few hours of travel, Kracow can feeling the lingering sickness creep into his bones. He stops and casts darkness (12/6) from his wand, renewing the spell and relieving his sickness.

[occ]Can we have everyone heal to full first?[/ooc]


Male Oread Student of Stone Flowing Monk/4 Lore Warden 2 (AC 22/21/18, HP 53/53, Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +7)

So since I need to give another check, I guess here it is.
Last one for Varin: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
EDIT; Since we can just take 10 with no encumbrance, I'll do that.
Also here are my rolls for 'dropping the drow down. If they fall to far I dont much care, they were jerks to me, as long as I dont kill them, I wont feel to badly.
Priestess 'Drop':
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Drow 'Drop':
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Well, sucks to be him


Runelords

heal however you like just make a note of how. yes you can take 10 as long as you have no armor penalties, encumbrance or sickened, nothing to parcour off of, its a hole :)


Male Orc Witch 9 (scarred witchdoctor/hedge witch) archmage 2 AC 21 ref +11 fort + 17 will +12 hp 139/139 mp 7/7 init +2

Pulls out a wand and hands it to salus to use to heal everyone. Scribbles in the dirt "use this I can't say the word it Uthrick. And thank you also for your help on the way down. "

501 to 550 of 2,846 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Absalom Gambit All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.