Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

The Absalom Gambit (Inactive)

Game Master Vuvu

A sandbox campaign focused on Absalom and the sewers beneath it.


1 to 50 of 2,846 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Runelords

The first post for those that participate in the campaign. Recruitment closing later this week

Dear Adventurer,

My Patron has instructed me to find the most capable men and women in Absalom for a very important, very lucrative and, most importantly, very secret job. While I cannot tell you the details this missive, I can invite you to my Lord's manor in The Coins. Directions are enclosed.
Please arrive at 10 am sharp, and present the enclosed invitation at the door. There you will be taken to your interview and your...shall we say, test.

Very Truly Yours,

Trinfulard

Some of you found this slipped underneath your door as you awoke in the morning, others found it slipped into your coin purse, or backpack, or perhaps it was resting under your ale mug at the pub, when you took another sip.

Knowledge Local DC 15:
You have heard a little about this character. He is the house Bard to Lord Halwer. He has the reputation for getting himself into trouble with the nobles of other small houses around Absalom. When this happens he finds him self for the next days, or weeks performing in taverns in the seedier part of town until his patron can square things away for him. He is known to be very charming and delightful to be around, but people seldom hang around with him without trouble following.

Knowledge Nobility 10-Only if you succeeded on the Local Check:
A minor noble in Absalom. He earned his fortune in his youth as a merchant of sculptures, painting and other artwork. He is a known patron of arts, often traveling throughout the city seeing and listening to Bards of all kinds. This often gets him in a scraps with locals and on several occasions has been arrested after finding himself in duels.


Runelords

Actually please wait until characters are selected before posting in Gameplay. I just made this for myself


Runelords

Boneyard:
A well dressed man, strumming on a lute approaches you on the street. He bows.

Mr. Pyke, I believe this will be of great interest to you, assuming you are not already on a job. Please do consider it.

Ehad:
As you completed your meditations in the morning you open your eyes to find a sealed letter laying directly in front of you.

Garrick:
During the night, you again have a dream, as you tend to before big events in your life, similiar to the one you had that brought you to Absalom. This one is a bit more bizarre, it involves a well dressed man, with a ready smile standing outside the door to your room, almost knocking, then deciding not to, and then sliding a sealed letter under your door.

You awake slightly confused at this particular dream, only to see the very letter from your dream laying in front of your door, obviously having been slid under in the night.

Salus:
In the late afternoon Ellyra seeks you out at the Temple of Calistra.

[/b] There was a man looking for you all morning, he was poking around for a long time, and definitely seemed to be on your trail. When he saw me, he smiled and sauntered over to me. He simply said, I think you will have better luck with this than I and walked away strumming a tune on a lute, though I have no idea where he got it from.[/b]

She hands you a sealed letter.

All of you find yourself in a large, lavish sitting room, with chairs enough for 20. There is food set out for everyone, and goblets for wine available. Feel free to describe how you arrive and your appearance as you make your entrance.

Though you were all told to arrive at 10 am sharp, it is 10:15 before anyone enters the room. A very old gnome, very well dressed, enters.

M'lord apologizes for the delay, an emergency has come up that he is dealing with. He will be with you all as soon as he can. Please make yourselves at home, and if you have not begun to enjoy the food and wine, please do so.

He makes a small bow and exits.


Male Human Student Gamer/10

A squarely built man, who appears to have been chiseled out obsidian, moves from his quiet corner of the room to the table and chairs set before him, “Lost time is never found again.” he murmurs to himself as he finds a seat close to his corner and sits to partake of the food set before him, though wary of the wine, Ehad seems to be very pleased to partake of such fine foods.
Ehad is dressed in simple traveling cloths but seems to have a fluidity to his step unnatural to someone of his bulk. Outside of his shiny chiseled skin and unique step, there are only a few oddities about him: his hair seems to be somewhat opaque and of a crystalline nature and he has a set of 8 green gems set round his head and neck.


Male Tiefling (Beastbrood) Sorcerer (Abyssal) 4/ Paladin 2; AC 19/17/12, HP 43/45, F +10, R +8, W +12, Init + 2, Per +9, Sense M +8

A beastial man in dark concealing robes enters the room with an animal grace and takes a seat in a corner so that he can survey the entire room at once. He doesn't move for the food or drink once, instead content to watch the room with his golden eyes. His expression is neutral, taking everything in without betraying his own thoughts. His movements are accompanied by the clinking of chain beneath his robe and a suspicious bulge on his left hip betrays a weapon of some kind.

"Time is never lost, one can always use the moment toward some end." he says in a surprisingly gentle voice for his manner.


Runelords

btw, just in case it was missed, do note the knowledge checks in the first post of the thread.


Male Tiefling (Beastbrood) Sorcerer (Abyssal) 4/ Paladin 2; AC 19/17/12, HP 43/45, F +10, R +8, W +12, Init + 2, Per +9, Sense M +8

Knowledge local1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 and Nobility1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Male Oread Student of Stone Flowing Monk/4 Lore Warden 2 (AC 22/21/18, HP 53/53, Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +7)

hehe, I can't make knowledge checks untrained. I have Nobility but not Local


Runelords

OK just making sure it wasn't missed :) As soon as everyone has gotten a chance to post, and the characters have gotten to talk a little, I will do the next posts. No rush I know it is the weekend


Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

A large young man came in and sat to wait. While he way he carried himself was with strength, he still walked with a noticeable limp. His armor was immaculate, and his sword looked like it had barely been out of its sheath.

"We make of time what we will. Some measure it against the passing of the sun, others the moon. As with many things, time is up to our perceptions." As he smiled, the slight pointedness to his teeth and his slightly noticeable points on his ears hinted at an orcish heritage. "Perhaps some conversation to pass the time while we wait? I am called Garrick and I am curious as to what paths we have taken to arrive here?"


Male Tiefling (Beastbrood) Sorcerer (Abyssal) 4/ Paladin 2; AC 19/17/12, HP 43/45, F +10, R +8, W +12, Init + 2, Per +9, Sense M +8

The beastial man nods to Garrick"I'm Salus, good to meet you Garrick. Truly you are right in your statement, our perceptions cloud our grasp of the truth, or many truths. It was in finding a new truth that I was brought here. May I inquire as to you?"


Stats:
AC 15/12/13 HP 52/52 F+4 R+10 W+10 Init +2 Per +18

Interlude with well-dressed man with lute:

Boneyard whispers a few words to himself and waves his hand over the envelope before accepting it. A distant female voice whispers back to him, You never can be too careful Pyke, but no one has spelled the letter. Satisfied, he takes the invitation from the man and reaches into his purse to give him a silver.

Once the man has left, the half-elf turns it over to inspect the seal. Nice paper. Nothing revealing about the seal. Either my potential employer doesn't want to be known if this falls into the wrong hands or isn't so high and mighty that he needs to leave him mark on everything he touches. Boneyard cracks open the seal and removes the note, scanning it quickly and then considering the name at the bottom. Trinfulard...
Knowledge (Local) 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33
Knowledge (Nobility) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Of course, House Bard to Lord Halwer. I wonder what trouble they have gotten themselves into this time...and a test..how charming.

Right before entering the manor, Boneyard will expend a charge of his wand of mage armor. [ooc]Use Magic Device 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

Right as the clock strikes 10, a thin half-elf with a fashionable dark chestnut tricorn hat enters the sitting room. He has shoulder-length stark white hair and hazel eyes. A well-made rapier hangs from his belt. He politely touches his hand to the hat and nods a greeting while looking around to see if he recognizes any of those assembled.
Knowledge (Local) 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28
Knowledge (Planes) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Orc-blood, devil-blood, shaitan-blood, but no sign of Lord Halwer..it is rare I am the most common man in the room. An interesting group to be sure.

"Good morning gentlemen. Assuming you're all here for the same reason I am, it appears we'll be waiting a moment or two for our host before we learn more." Ignoring the food and wine for the moment, he finds a spot to observe the rest of those assembled and the obvious entrances to the room. While waiting for Lord Halwer, Boneyard murmurs quietly to himself and gestures to the walls of the room. Casts sift to examine the room for other entrances or secret doors. 1d20 + 12 - 5 ⇒ (4) + 12 - 5 = 11

When the gnome finally arrives, Boneyard listens to the unsurprising apology before walking over to the table. Again, the half-elf murmurs a few words and passes his hand over the offering before the woman's voice speaks again in his mind, Oooh Pyke, I do so love getting all of your attention today, but aren't we being a titch paranoid? No magic or poison here. I'm sure your potential patron isn't about to get rid of you before he even has a chance to say hello.

You see the half-elf shake his head for a moment as he speaks in a low voice, "Enough commentary Cathlessra, we have an audience, just keep it to what I need if you don't mind." As Garrick begins the introductions he pours a finger width of wine and then adds water to the goblet until it is full. Picking up a few grapes, he turns to the rest and adds. "Finding truth? Then we seem to have something in common Salus for that is what I am often asked to do as well. I am Pyke. Boneyard Pyke. It is good to meet you all."


Runelords

Boneyard:
Tessarda laughs at Boneyard's search for secret doors. Still searching for that secret to my heart sweetie? Neither that or any other doors here.


Runelords

And we are off!! Please make sure you put your saves, HP Initiative and AC into your profile so it appears with your posts, this will make combat go much faster, as well as stepping on traps etc

Finally the door opens again and a group of people enter. At the front is a tall slender man, immaculately dresses with a fabulous Rapier at his hip.

Terribly sorry to keep you all waiting. I had a few things to clear up with the Misses...thank you all for waiting.

For those of you that do not know, my name is Lord Halwer. With me today are my associate Trinfualrd, which some of you have already met

He gestures to another immaculately dressed man, strumming on a lute. He is brightly dressed with dark hair and a well kept handle-bar mustache.

Also, let me introduce Fizwiddle Glockenfeffor Smacklemidge XXII, but you can call him Fizzy He gestures to a gnome dressed in robes. Renthler He gestures to a half elf, also dressed in robes. And in the back there is Casus He gestures to a thin dark human, with short swords at his hips.

He smiles, before continuing
I have invited all of you here today because I am looking for some...employees. The pay is quite good as is the excitement that will come with it. However, I cannot give you details until we have determined if my friend Trin here has selected the right people. Shall we? Any questions before we begin?


Stats:
AC 15/12/13 HP 52/52 F+4 R+10 W+10 Init +2 Per +18

Slight retcon...While Boneyard is examining the room, he stifles a chuckle resulting in a short, sharp cough as he murmurs. "Oh, there are many more fun things I could imagine searching for with you my dear. Maybe later."

Knowledge (Local) for Fizzy, Renthler, and Casus 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33
Boneyard raises an eyebrow at the entourage surrounding Lord Halwer. All of his old crowd and us to boot. Not exactly seeking to keep this things quiet, is he? Perhaps he's planning to lay siege to Absalom with this army. "Well, I'm reasonably sure I know why I'm here. So that leaves my only question being your job and its conditions...which brings us around to your test. Let's get on with it."


Male Tiefling (Beastbrood) Sorcerer (Abyssal) 4/ Paladin 2; AC 19/17/12, HP 43/45, F +10, R +8, W +12, Init + 2, Per +9, Sense M +8

now that our host is here Detect Evil, everyone in the room, starting with our host and sweeping counterclockwise

Salus's yellow eyes sparkle briefly as he looks over the new arrivals and then his fellow adventurers.

"No questions from me just yet."


Runelords

Fizzy, Renthler, Casus Local 25:
With Halwer these 4 make up the surviving members of the adventuring group Triumph and Glory They were a highly successful group with their spiritual and emotional leader, the Bard, Zalliard (Trinfulard's father) made a fortune over an 8 year period. It was towards the end of this time that Zalliard was lost to a curse and Halwer met and married into the nobility.

The have since kept in touch and are on good terms, occasionally getting back together for odd jobs, but for the most part they are retired from adventuring.

Casus is known for having a mastery over his body, being able to move silently, and reportedly can make himself disappear form plane site. Additionally he is a master of traps. He is a master with his short swords.

Fizzy is a wizard of great versatility. This is often overlooked by his frequent fits of laughter.

Renthler is a cleric of Erastil . Though since his adventuring days he has taken up residence as a priest in the city, healing and preaching to those in need.


Runelords

Fizzy observes this Spellcraft 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (14) + 19 = 33

No evil here...come come my boy. Not even Halwer is boneheaded enough to bring a Paladin to a party with evil doers!! hahaahahahahahahahahahaha

Halwer shoots Fizzy a look Do you mind?

Fizzy struggles to maintain his composure.


Male Oread Student of Stone Flowing Monk/4 Lore Warden 2 (AC 22/21/18, HP 53/53, Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +7)

Ehad pushes his plate away, wipes his mouth and looks at Lord Halwer, "I am in concencus with the others here. I have no questions beyond what this 'test' will be."


Runelords

Of course. It is very simple. I am looking for a group with varied skills. My good Trinfulard here assures me that all of you are the best at what you do. Well I am not so easily convinced. So what I have arranged is for each of you to take a little test.

Do not worry I have safety precautions in place, if one of you does get hurt, you will be made whole as it were. For some of you it will involve a little flexing of your martial muscle, others the mental one, and others the...

He seems a loss for words

...The Caring one? Whatever it is. Afterwards we will all sit down and I will offer you some terms for a contract, assuming you all pass. You will all of course be compensated for your time today, even if you do not pass the test. I cannot tell you more about the test, since it is different for each of you. Which is why my compatriots are here. They will be proctoring the tests that I do not.


Stats:
AC 15/12/13 HP 52/52 F+4 R+10 W+10 Init +2 Per +18

Boneyard looks thoughtful and scratches his chin, "Interesting. An interview is more typical, but your conditions are basically that you will give us each a task suited to what you know of our talents. If we are successful, you will offer a contract. If we fail, you will compensate us. If I may be direct, what is the nature of the compensation?"


Runelords

Exactly. Interviews are so dull and lengthy. Everyone in this room is a person of action, and realistically I am looking for people of action, so I might as well see you in it. If offered, there is a very generous monthly retainer, plus significant opportunity to obtain...as we said in our adventuring days...loot. Anything that you find, with the exception of items that I might name and beautiful pieces of art, are yours.

If you fail to pass the test I will give you, what amounts to a weeks wages for most in the city as well as the best meal that you have had in a long time. But Trin here assures me that failure is about as likely as my smashing that gorgeous plate set on the table there.


Male Oread Student of Stone Flowing Monk/4 Lore Warden 2 (AC 22/21/18, HP 53/53, Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +7)

"We'll, if that's the case, lets get to it. As you said, each of use won't have a problem with our task so we may as well get through them. Ehad smiles a little more confident that if the task was truly tailored to him, he would not be having much trouble at all.


Stats:
AC 15/12/13 HP 52/52 F+4 R+10 W+10 Init +2 Per +18

"You may have already learned that I am quite particular about the terms I agree to since you will find I am quite committed once we have an agreement. I know the standard wages for Absalom. Assuming you don't have anything...unusual planned for the meal those terms are sufficient for the test. I agree with Ehad, let's see what you have in mind to have us prove our talents."


Male Tiefling (Beastbrood) Sorcerer (Abyssal) 4/ Paladin 2; AC 19/17/12, HP 43/45, F +10, R +8, W +12, Init + 2, Per +9, Sense M +8

"I eagerly await this test of yours." Salus flicks his fingers on his left hand back and forth as if with a nervous tick. "I hope that the employment that follows will be profitable not just for the coinpurse but for the soul as well."


Runelords

Right, lets get on with it then shall we? Mr. Pyke if you would follow Trin and myself. Mr. Tywynuu with Renthler, Mr Tsur with Casus, and Mr Thorne with Fizzy.

Boneyard:
You follow Halwer and Trinfulard into a room branching off of the main. Inside you see a lavishly decorated sitting room, with a roaring fire in the corner, in front of the fire is a table with 3 chairs set on a plush rug, and elaborate empty goblets in front of each, with a decanter of wine in the center of the table. In the corner there is a chest, made of well carved wood. In another corner there is, what looks to be a liquor cabinet, with what appears to be about a dozen vials inside the closed top section. The bottom has many decanters of varying size.

Looking above the fireplace there an oil painting portraying the same man, Lord Halwer. Through an archway in the corner you can see there is a empty stone room with a circle in the center of it.

Halwer, smiles and says “Trinfulard is sure that you are the man for the job, I need a little demonstration.  A little test if you will.”

He sits, fills all three goblets from the decanter and gestures to the room.  “Within this room there are three magic items.  One is the gem from a necklace of fireballs, another is Simple Healing Potion, and the third is a magical Decanter.  Please find them and put them on the table Do be careful not to break anything, or get yourself hurt.”

He sits, refills both his and Trinfulard’s goblets, and says “Some music please.”

Trinfulard mutters a cantrip a a lute appears in his hands

Perform String1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14

Not your best work there Trin. Halwer smiles.

Everyone' a critic.

He stops and begins another tune. String 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21

This time he plays a tune that suggests searching, with a hint of excitement.

Ehad:
The slender man with shortswords gestures for you to follow. He moves almost silently through the stone hallway. He makes no move to speak with Ehad. He leads Ehad into a large stone room. In the venter of the room is a slightly raised circle in the floor. In the 4 cardinal directions from the circle are squares with arcane symbols scrawled around them. In the far corner is a platform that is about 10 feet up, with a ladder leading up to it. Casus stops in the door way and turns to Ehad. He addresses Ehad brusquely.

That circle is a specially rigged pressure plate. As soon as you stand on it those 4 squares are going to summon some kind of creature. Alone they are no problem. But the word is that you excel at combating groups, so you will be mobbed. I will be on the platform, ready to dispel it all if something goes wrong. Questions? Didn’t think so. Wait for me to get to the top of my platform there and then when you are ready step onto the plate. Try not to hurt yourself.

He turns and quickly crosses the room and climbs that ladder. Then intently focuses on Ehad.

Salus:
Renthler leads Salus down a hallway, then down a set of stairs into a large circular room. Drawn on the ground are two circles, one large and one smaller. The smaller, Salus recognizes from his past as a protection circle. The larger a summoning circle.

As you walk Renthler speaks in Abyssal. An interesting story yours. I must confess I am rooting for you. It will be a long time before you have atoned for all of your actions...but someday. Someday. This is a particularly interesting test to me, and one that I had to prepare for with some rigor. After all these kinds of summons are not usually my cup of tea. Just the opposite in fact. However, you were recruited because of your ability to deal with these menaces.

Not too long ago Halwer assisted me with...eliminating a cult of demon worshipers here in the city. We liberated these scrolls and I have been systematically destroying them. However, in this case I will use this one, and allow you to show your prowess. I must say this a less effective way to dispose of this scroll, but perhaps more satisfying.

If something goes wrong, I have a banishment ready to cast. Let me know when you are ready. This is a particularly nasty critter, so I have taken the liberty, at Halwer’s suggestion to weaken it a little upon summoning. You will see a delightful light show after it appears in the circle there as a result.

He moves into his circle and awaits word.

Garrick:

Fizzy guides Garrick back the way that he came in. I think you are going to enjoy this test. It is a good one, if I don’t mind saying so myself. My idea you know. That Halwer wasn’t alway a Lord...I have known him since he has knee high...to me! hehehehehe

He rattles on as he leads to the outer grounds, to what is obviously an outdoor dueling pit of some kind. The ground is a fine dirt, that makes movement in it slightly difficult.

Here we are. So what will happen is that I am going to summon two creatures, that will want to fight each other. One, your champion will be outmatched. Your job is to make sure that it wins. Don’t worry I have everyone’s safety in mind.

I will give you...say...12 seconds to prepare your champion before the battle will start. No they wont attack you. Yes it will be fun. Yes, I believe you can do it. No it wont take too long. Before you ask more questions let me answer them for you. No. No. Yes. No. Yes. Yes. No. No.

You champion will appear over there. Here we go.


Male Oread Student of Stone Flowing Monk/4 Lore Warden 2 (AC 22/21/18, HP 53/53, Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +7)

"Shall we begin?" seeing the man in place, Ehad moves into a strange form as though he were about to dance with an invisible partner. After a few minor adjustments, Ehad steps into the center square ready for the worst.

so I'll already be in janni style so flanking will only give them a +1 not the typical +2. Also I'll have a +3 to AC from flowing monk abilities. I assume I'll need initiative (unless since I know what's going on I get the surprise round) innitiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17


Runelords

EHAD'S TEST

You will be in stance, not surprise round.

Ehad map:
http://minicampaignpf.blogspot.com/2012/10/ehads-test.html

As soon as Ehad steps onto the platform bright flashes of light flash from each platform. To the north and the south two dark-furred creatures raise spiked morningstars, their tiny, milk-white eyes glittering with the thrill of the coming kill. Appear.

Nature 15:
This muscular humanoid is a bugbear, the biggest and strongest of the common goblinoids. Bugbears speak Goblin and Common. As well as being considerably stronger, healthier and more light footed than the average human, bugbears have an affinity for moving quietly despite their bulk. Combined with their natural darkvision, these qualities add up to a creature very well suited for raids on camp sites in the dead of night.

While to the east and the west two small creatures appear Filthy, reeking black rags wrap these small humanoids from head to toe, leaving only its hands and pale white nose visible.

Dungeoneering 15:
These are Dark Creeper. The are known to use poison, and have the ability to see in any darkness, including magical. More importantly upon their death they explode in a blinding flash of light

Initiative Ehad=17
Initiative DC 2 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Initiative BB2 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Initiative DC 1 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Initiative BB1 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

Order= DC1, Ehad, BB2, BB1, DC 2

The creature to the west of the room, snarls as it brandishes its dagger, dripping a black sludge. It points at Ehad and the room plunges into Darkness. It then moves straight ahead next to Ehad, ready to attack next round.


Male Oread Student of Stone Flowing Monk/4 Lore Warden 2 (AC 22/21/18, HP 53/53, Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +7)

Dungeoneering:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Nature:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
As the mess of rags moves closer and plunges the room in darkness, Ehad smiles to himself and with a sweeping motion makes to trip the creature in a flurry of blows.
Trip:1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
Trip:1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29
As the creature jumps over Ehads leg, it is met with a strong arm that sends it tumbling to the ground. Thus provoking an AOO from vicious stomp
Unarmed strike (BAB+dex+Mighty Fist+Prone):1d20 + 4 + 4 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 4 + 1 + 4 = 29
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

just a few side notes I thought of that may be important, the dark creeper is prone but also flat-footed until the end of my next turn. As soon as one of the little punks attacks ill use my flowing monk ability Redirection (immediate action) to trip and sicken (DC 14 Fort for 1/2 time) them for 1 round .Trip:1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31 (add 2 if they charge or power attack, +4 if both). If I trip them, I'll make an unarmed strike as an AOO from furious stomp.
Unarmed strike (BAB+dex+Mighty Fist+Prone):1d20 + 4 + 4 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 4 + 1 + 4 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Btw, they are also flat-footed until the end of my next turn and because I hit him, I have a +4 to trip him on my next attack but only if that is my next attack. Also each of them gets a DC 14 reflex save to not be flatfooted.


Stats:
AC 15/12/13 HP 52/52 F+4 R+10 W+10 Init +2 Per +18

Lord Halwer and Trinfulard:

"Seems straightforward enough. I'm sure it won't be though or it wouldn't be a test." Boneyard stands in the center of the room and considers the tune that Trinfulard is playing. "So ladies, tell me about our entertainment. And anything else that might be of interest in our lovely rooms here." Boneyard begins to slowly turn in the center of the room, concentrating on an auras visible in the room. Casts detect magic
Spellcraft for Tri's tune 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Knowledge (Arcana) for any auras detected from center of room 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


Runelords

BONEYARD

MAP HERE

Boneyard:

As Boneyard stands in the center of the room. Trinfulard and Halwer settle down and gulp down their wine. Halwer refills them from the decanter on the table.

Trin...did he just call us ladies?

Trinfulard looks at Halwer skeptically.

I am beautiful. That is a mistake often made. What a maroon! You didn't even bother to read page 2 of the report I gave you?!

Comedy1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22

Halwer laughs.

Tessarda pipes up The only magic in that tune lies in his talent sweetie. While Cathlessra quickly follows Those two have a bit of magic on them...but I assume you are referring to the magic coming from that chest and from the cabinet over there? Very interesting...it seems there are multiple auras coming from each...I could be more specific if you weren't so lazy and opened them...


Male Tiefling (Beastbrood) Sorcerer (Abyssal) 4/ Paladin 2; AC 19/17/12, HP 43/45, F +10, R +8, W +12, Init + 2, Per +9, Sense M +8

Salus and Renthler:
"Atonement is not the goal, but rather to lead the fallen back into the light" Salus smiles while taking off his robes to reveal the glistening chain and red and black leathers beneath and drawing his sword. He begins flicking the fingers of his left hand back and forth, this time not a tick but purposeful, and chanting briefly in a bastardized combination of Infernal and Abyssal.

casts shield

"Ready when you are."


Runelords

Ehad:
BB 2 charges from the south, immediately becoming tripped and stomped on. It lets out a gutteral cry as a leg shoots out causing it to fall, followed by the crushing blow to the side of its leg. Reflex 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Seeing it's compatriot hurt BB 1 charges from the north.

Morningstar 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 2 = 13 for 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

The morning star whips over Ehad's head harmlessly.

DC 2 also follows the lead of the Bugbears and charges as well, hoping to be the first to land a blow. Dagger1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 6 + 2 = 25

Despite the constant movement of Ehad the cut rakes across his outstretched arm

Dagger1d3 ⇒ 3 Ehad's Save1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Ehad feels some sort of poison begin to seep into his veins but, with a moment of focus he brushes aside the effects.


Runelords

Salus

MAP HERE

Renthler smiles and reads the scroll in his hand, muttering Erastil protect him

In a bright flash of light a beast appears, snarling. Standing just over three feet tall, this bestial humanoid wears filthy, tattered robes and has blue-gray skin decorated with strange, coiling stripes. Dark fur grows on its head and arms, and its feet end in burning hooves. Its eyes glow as red as the flaming sword it wields in one hand, and its breath fills the surrounding air with noxious gray smoke.

Planes 17:
This is a Brimorak. It is resistant to spells, as well as any weapon that is not made of Cold Iron or good aligned. It is immune to fire and electricity and as a nasty habit of spitting its own blood on it's foes, or allowing it to splatter on them when cut. It is a spellcaster and is weak against cold.

Initiative

Salus 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Demon 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

The Demon looks at Salus and says Time to die Brother. Even with this treelicker's curse upon me, you will die. It draws a longsword that bursts into flames, then rears back and sprays a torrent of smoking blood from its mouth that roars into Salus.

Reflex 15 for half3d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 2) = 12


Male Tiefling (Beastbrood) Sorcerer (Abyssal) 4/ Paladin 2; AC 19/17/12, HP 43/45, F +10, R +8, W +12, Init + 2, Per +9, Sense M +8

Knowledge: Planes 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Reflex 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Salus flinches back from the blood as it scorches his side and charges forward spewing invectives at the demon in its own language, calling out to the Light to aid him in destroying the demon.

charge and smite evil, two handing longsword

To Hit 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30

Damage 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9


Male Oread Student of Stone Flowing Monk/4 Lore Warden 2 (AC 22/21/18, HP 53/53, Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +7)

DC1:
So, DC1 had the initiative to go first, is he just sitting there? In any case if he does get up, I'll use my third AOO to trip him again:
CMB for trip 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23
Which will provoke another AOO from being knocked prone again
Unarmed strike 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14
Dmg 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

round 2:

As the poison enters his bloodstream, Ehad quickly realizes there is more to them that meets the eye. As such Ehad speeds up his movements in an attempt to confuse and knock over his opponent.
Flurry of blows to trip each one,
BB1 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26
If tripped AOO unarmed strike 1/5
Attack 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17 DC 14 reflex or flatfooted
Damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

DC2 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27
If tripped AOO unarmed strike 2/5
Attack 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31 DC 14 reflex or flatfooted
Damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Sorry I don't have more description, with my comp down I can only view one thing at a time and can't flip to the bugbear and dark creeper without the page refreshing and losing what I wrote.
When the next opponent gets up, I'll use my 3/5 AOO to trip him and the 4/5 AOO to hit him, then the next one that gets up and attacks, I'll use the repositioning strike to trip him and use the last AOO to hit him.
One that gets up.
Trip 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20
Hit 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29 DC 14 reflex or flatfooted
Damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
One that attacks
Trip 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16 DC 14 fort or sickened
Hit 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21 DC 14 reflex or flatfooted
Damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Also should note that if they attack from being prone, they have a -4 to hit and I have an additional +3 AC from all of them next to me.


Runelords

Salus:

The demon snarls at Salus and replies Call to the light all you want. You will always return to us. ALWAYS!

The demon lashes out with it's flaming longsword, then reversing it's grip and cutting back across Salus's body and follows it up with a vicious kick from it's burning hooves.

Longsword 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16 and 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 and Hoof 1d20 ⇒ 3

It snarls as all three blows are deflected off of Salus's magic shield. The demon breathes deep, and appears to have blood building up in its mouth blood recharge1d4 ⇒ 4 rds


Runelords

Ehad:

Yes it attempted to stand. My mistake I forgot to post it.

ROUND 2

The DC 1 attempted to rise and got dropped again. Determining that is cannot stand it swings at Ehad's shins from the ground. But one again is confounded by the strange movements of Ehad.

Dagger1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 6 - 4 = 8

BB 1, gets its foot swept out from under it and it collapses in a heap, struggling not to be come totally flattened Ref+41d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19 Though it fails to avoid the crushing foot stomp from Ehad

DC 2 suffers the same fate as BB1 Reflex +61d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

BB 2 grabs his morning star in both hands and levels a vicious cut at Ehad.

Morningstar1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

But with the chaos of so many foes around Ehad it misses.

BB1 seeing the fate of the DC swipes at Ehad from the ground, also getting his weapon tangled in the chaos.

Morningstar1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 5 - 4 = 12

DC 2, still standing, levels another slice at Ehad, this time at his back as he is briefly turned. The blade careens off of a morningstar that is flying past.

ROUND 3
DC 1 still on the ground slices at Ehad's feet, hoping to turn the tide of battle, in it's terror the blade slams into the ground.

Dagger1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 6 - 4 = 10


Male Oread Student of Stone Flowing Monk/4 Lore Warden 2 (AC 22/21/18, HP 53/53, Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +7)

round 3 :

"Hehe, seems they've figured me out."
Ehad continues to pummel the DCs
DC1 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Dmg 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

DC2 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Dmg 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Ehad contumues his dance of destructio prepared to strike down any attempt to rise.
Trip 1d20+12
The unarmed strike is 1d20+9
Damage 1d6+3
This time if one of the DC attacks ill use the flowing monk ability to reposition him so they have no chance of sneak attack. Because of the ability there is no AOO for them even though I don't have the feat.
Reposition 1d20+10.
I would roll these but I don't know what they will do so I put them here for you. Side note the numbers on the unarmed strike have changed because I was adding the -4 AC from being prone into my attack and thought that it would be better if I just let you worry about that.


Runelords

Salus:

As you fight with the Demon, its breath forms a noxious cloud around it. Fort save of 15 or be sickened for duration of combat


Runelords

EHAD:

The wave of attacks from prone targets continues. The standing DC will have flank on his attack this time, but 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22 but is moved., until he moves back. The Bug Bears are flanking you, though on the ground. I will just do all there attacks at once now.

There is a flurry of daggers and morningstars as each desperately tries to land a blow on the constantly moving, shifting warrior. Though incredibally only one blow lands.

DC 2 Dagger1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 6 + 2 = 28 to confirm 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 2 = 16
Dealing1d3 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + (5) = 8 as the knife lands in a particularly spot under Ehad's arm.

DC 1 Dagger1d20 + 6 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 2 - 4 = 14

BB1 Morningstar1d20 + 5 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 5 + 2 - 4 = 14

BB2 Morningstar1d20 + 5 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 5 + 2 - 4 = 14


Stats:
AC 15/12/13 HP 52/52 F+4 R+10 W+10 Init +2 Per +18

Lord Halwer and Trinfulard:

Boneyard laughs in response, "Yes, that one is pretty, but my pair are fairer. Of course, I may need to remind one of them that the circumstances of her demise were partly due to a chronic lack of patience."

The half-elf moves carefully over in the direction of the chest, "Now, if this were a test I devised, I would make sure to include a few surprises beyond the obvious. I suspect you have as well."
Perform (oratory) 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19 Begin bardic performance for careful teamwork (3 rounds used to activate)
Perception of room while approaching the chest. 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 12 + 1 = 21
Assuming no threats are found...
"In fact, just to be difficult, I might even leave the items in another place altogether, but let's approach things methodically." Boneyard settles down in front of the chest and examines it closely for locks and potential traps.
Perception 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 12 + 1 = 22


Runelords

Boneyard:
Nothing appears out of the ordinary on the way to the chest, though it's workmanship is fabulous.

Filsha pipes up Only I get to teach you to think things through. Take a look behind that obvious spring dart trap there connected to the lid. That is the decoy, and why it is amateur hour. The real trap is the one that is going to stab you from inside the lock there....Hope you can find your tools...

This will require 3 disable device checks. The spring dart trap is a DD check of 13, the knife trap is a DD check of 22, and the lock is a DD check of 20. Continue your roles until you trip a trap by failure, or they open. I have a PFS Detective and you actually do not need to do a perform check for Careful Teamwork if you were not aware.


Male Tiefling (Beastbrood) Sorcerer (Abyssal) 4/ Paladin 2; AC 19/17/12, HP 43/45, F +10, R +8, W +12, Init + 2, Per +9, Sense M +8

Fort 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

"You reek of taint Abyss-spawned monstrosity. What, can't be a real demon and wreath yourself in flames?" the Tiefling roars while slashing in heavily with his weapon.

power attack with longsword 2 handed 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

assuming that connects 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

these modifiers are driving me nuts right now, trying to do this on my break at work


Stats:
AC 15/12/13 HP 52/52 F+4 R+10 W+10 Init +2 Per +18

Lord Halwer and Trinfulard:

"Lord Halwer, your chest is most magnificent, but I must warn you that someone has left all sorts of nasty trouble about it." Boneyard reaches behind his back, taking his time to remove the tools from his haversack without dropping them. "Thanks Filsha. Do me a favor though and let's not send anything skittering about the room just yet. I have a feeling I may need these more than once."

Boneyard sets to work on the spring dart trap. "You see, first someone has left this rather obvious spring dart trap. Not too difficult except that whoever designed the release must have had exceptionally small fingers." With a little difficulty, Boneyard disables the first trap.
Disable Device 1d20 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 13 + 1 = 18

"Now, a less experienced sort might think they were done. But, you trapsmith saved their finer work for this knife trap over here. Might slice your hand clean off if you're not careful about it. Fortunately, whoever set that one up really knew their stuff. Excellent worksmanship. Was it Tarn of Cassomir by any chance?" He sets the safety on the knife trap.
Disable Device 1d20 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 13 + 1 = 31

"And finally, we have a nice lock. Not overly difficult, but who would need it to be with the traps to protect things." Boneyard finishes work on the locks and carefully returns his tools to the haversack. "Now, let's see what this nice chest holds."
Disable Device 1d20 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 13 + 1 = 34

Boneyard carefully lifts the lid.


Male Oread Student of Stone Flowing Monk/4 Lore Warden 2 (AC 22/21/18, HP 53/53, Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +7)

[spoiler=focus round] well since I've got them convinced they can't get up, I'll flurry DC2
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
I'll take a 5 ft diagonal step so that I'm only next to DC2 and BB2 (can't remember which diagonal that is. Anyways if anyone tries to get up, I'll trip them and get the stomp attack. If one of the standing attacks ill use redirection to trip them and get the AOO on the stomp. That should cover everyone.


Runelords

Salus:
No worry, you have done your one post, I am thrilled to do more of course, but dont stress yourself.

Salus's attack bounces of the scaly hide of the demon.

Without a sound it again takes two cuts with the flaming longsowrd once for the legs and again for the groin, then attempts to kick Salus in the shin.

Longsword 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17 and Longsword 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14 and Hoof1d20 ⇒ 1

Again it roars out various curses as all three attacks miss, or bounce off the magical shield.

Ehad:
trip on standing one. 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19 It will manage to move into a flank again before going down and your stomp 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28 to confirm 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24 and 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7[/ooc]

Ehad catches DC 2 with a vicious right hook, and misses with a kick to the shin.

Once again the flurry of knives begins. The creepers attack Dagger1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 2 = 24 for 1d3 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + (4) = 5 and Dagger1d20 + 6 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 6 + 2 - 4 = 24 to confirm 1d20 + 6 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 2 - 4 = 5for 1d3 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + (2) = 5 Ehad's fort save against poison 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Once again Ehad shakes off the poison

As DC 2 attacks and misses it is knocked to the floor and has it's head stomped on, it then explodes in a flah of bright light. Blinding the other DC though all the others are fine.

BB1 [ooc]Fort1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
BB2 Fort1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Ehad Fort1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

BB2 Stands and takes a small step into Ehad, now out of flank and swings, while the one on the ground swings as well

Morningstar1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 for 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Morningstar1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 5 - 4 = 5 for 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Sorry that is a little confusing, in a rush to get this post up, basically got crit by a DC on the ground, resited poison, killed the other which exploded, and got hit by one Bug Bear.


Male Tiefling (Beastbrood) Sorcerer (Abyssal) 4/ Paladin 2; AC 19/17/12, HP 43/45, F +10, R +8, W +12, Init + 2, Per +9, Sense M +8

again with the power attacking longsword

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 to hit and 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16 damage

"Back to the pit with you fiend"


Runelords

Salus:
Yet again Salus's attack fails to connect. The demon laughs I knew you were still one of us

It takes a small step backwards and points at Salus and a small bead of fire launches from his outstretched claw.

Spellcraft 21

The bead strikes Salus in the chest and explodes.

Reflex 13 for half 4d6 ⇒ (2, 2, 5, 3) = 12


Runelords

Boneyard:
Halwer smiles and Trinfulard alters his tune to something that implies discovery think Legend of Zelda

The chest opens and inside there are 8 identical looking red gems.

Pereption 32

1 to 50 of 2,846 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Absalom Gambit All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.