Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Temple of Elemental Evil - Delving the depths of the Abyss on Golarian.

Game Master Tirion Jörðhár

The classic AD&D Temple of Elemental Evil - with a Pathfinder and Golarian twist.

Village of Hommlet - with building numbers <-- Legend in Campaign Info


3,401 to 3,447 of 3,447 << first < prev | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | next > last >>

Male Aasimar (Angelkin) Paladin of Apsu (Oath of Vengeance) 2/Sorcerer (Gold Dragon Bloodline) 1 Hps 31/31 AC 20 FF 19 T 11 CMD 16 Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +8 Init +1 Per +5

And +2 more if it is a save vs poison!


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) AC 20 HP 29/29 F: +5 R: +2 W:+5 Perc: +2

You would think he would remember he is a dwarf :]


Just made it.

Tybek pulls his finger back just as the needle pops out managing to avoid having the needle break the skin. He quickly wipes his finger on his pants eliminating whatever poison was contained on the needle.

You open the cabinet and find many high quality pieces of clothing. Whoever this drow priest was, he was very aware of the current high society customs and styles of Taldar and Absalom. Among the cloths are five interesting robes, also of a fine material. One is black with a locust wings dripping blood emblem. One is red with what appears to be a mushroom surrounded by flames. One is ivory with a mushroom surrounded by what appears to be wind. One is brown with a mushroom surrounded by stones. And the last one is aquamarine with a mushroom emblem surrounded by waves.

Tucked away at the bottom of the cabinet you find a small box. In the box is an exquisite piece of jewelry,made with matched fire opals on a gold chain and settings with diamond chips. Also contained here are several three small blue gems, 2 reddish orange gems, and one blue sapphire gem as well as 20 Falcons and 500 Sails.

Also at the bottom are four what appear to be silver holy symbols. All are of a mushroom, one surrounded by flames, one by waves, one by wind and one by stones.


Dwarf Rogue 3 (hp: 31/31, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14, Perception +7 (+9 Traps), Stealth +13)

"Heh, heh, heh!" Tybek declares with great delight! "Ahh think we're rich! Have yae ever seen such lovely shiny things?! Ahh dannae ken whae this guy was, but he wasnae ana ordinary bandit. This is what Ahh call a jackpot!"


[(HP 20/26 | AC15 T11 FF13 CMD16 | F+2 R+4 W+2 | Inish +1 Per +3 S.M. +5) Female Suli Bard 3

Ranim looks at the acquired holy symbols, curious to any stories she may have heard of them. "Hmm, who is the patron of mushrooms?"

Bardic Knowledge: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22


Ramin:

The symbols with the mushrooms you do not recognize. If they are true holy symbols, they are from either a minor deity, or some divine power not frequently seen in the area.

On the other hand, the locust wings dripping with blood you recognize. You recall a group of Iomedean priests discussing something like this as the symbol of Deskari, the demon lord who supposedly caused the Worldwound to open more than a century ago.


[(HP 20/26 | AC15 T11 FF13 CMD16 | F+2 R+4 W+2 | Inish +1 Per +3 S.M. +5) Female Suli Bard 3

"Hmm. I have heard of a Tian legend of two brothers who fell down a well and were brought to a land of giant mushrooms. While their they had to save a princess from a strange creature, part man, part dragon, part turtle. I don't believe that has anything to do with these though. In fact, I'm not sure if they are even holy symbols or not. At least not one to have any stories I've heard of."

Ranim then picks up the symbol with the locust wings. "This one I have heard of. The Iomedaen priests call him Deskari, the demon lord who opened the Worldwound."


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) AC 20 HP 29/29 F: +5 R: +2 W:+5 Perc: +2

Allright, well lets get Caily down here, get her loaded up and get back to town...everyone agree? We can come back for another foray in a day or two?
Your right Ty he was a bad guy...and like all of his kind he got to kiss Meatgrinder!
At least there aren't any Gobbos around.

Load up everything and get back to town at this point...I think.


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) AC 20 HP 29/29 F: +5 R: +2 W:+5 Perc: +2

Demons eh, I don't care to meet em personally. I heard they are big, bad, and very evil. Maybe one day I will be powerful enough to defeat one!


Congratulations all - This was actually the last encounter in the moathouse. I am just waiting for what you all decide to take and what you want to do next. I suppose there might be some wandering monsters I could throw in for you - old AD&D loved wandering monsters - but that is it for the real encounters. The cleric was the BBEG.


HP 25/25; Per +12 (+2 outside); AC 16, Touch 14, Flat 13; Gimpy HP 28/28; Per +6; AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14

WOOHOO! You know what we're going to do: take everything not nailed down and half of those that are and haul it back to town! Haha

"So... they fell down a well into a land of magic mushrooms and fought a half-man, half-bear, half-pig creature? That's ridiculous, Ranim!" said Maegge, momentarily distracted from his sorrow at Dworkin's murder to giggle at the absurdity of Ranim's tall-tale.


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) AC 20 HP 29/29 F: +5 R: +2 W:+5 Perc: +2

Braden, do you have detect secret doors? I would be good to sweep the whole dungeon...


Dwarf Rogue 3 (hp: 31/31, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14, Perception +7 (+9 Traps), Stealth +13)

Yeah! Let's gather up all the loot, and haul it back to Hommlet. Can we take it all? Did we ever get a wagon or cart?

Arindale wrote:
"Your right Ty he was a bad guy...and like all of his kind he got to kiss Meatgrinder! "

"Ahh really like the name yae gave tae yer weapon. That is a most impressive and intimidating name. Ahh was wondering if yae could help me find a name fer mae axe tae. What dae yae think o' meat basher?"


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) AC 20 HP 29/29 F: +5 R: +2 W:+5 Perc: +2

Duhhhh, it has a sharp edge Ty, you can't call it basher.
Meatslasher would be better but don't try stealin me name.

Arindale's finger goes up as it sometimes does when he has an idea..., I know, the legendary War Axe... Groin-splitter! he says in a booming voice.

He then grins and looks at the others...

He then starts to line up some cups/glasses, Everyone, here's a beer...a toast to Dworkin for helpin us and to defeatin' the evil here!

He fills his mug and other glasses with magical beer as he celebrates the victory over evil.


Dwarf Rogue 3 (hp: 31/31, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14, Perception +7 (+9 Traps), Stealth +13)
Arindale wrote:

"Duhhhh, it has a sharp edge Ty, you can't call it basher.

Meatslasher would be better but don't try stealin me name."

"Alricht! Mebbae basher isnnae the best name, but Ahh'm nae done thinkin yet! But, dannae fret, Ahh will nae steal yer name, but nor will Ahh take a name with groin in it! Ahh'm nae some kindae ball breaker. Ahh'm gonnae hae an original name. Mebbae meat stabber er something!"

Arindale wrote:
He then starts to line up some cups/glasses, "Everyone, here's a beer...a toast to Dworkin for helpin us and to defeatin' the evil here!"

"Aye, let's hae a drink tae Dworkin. May he find bones tae chew and carts tae chase in his new afterlife! Here, here. Drink up, boys! And look at the bright side. At least we dannae hae tae look whair we step ana longer."


Hobbit [hp = 19/22; AC14/T14/ff11; F +1; R+3; W+4 CMD 12]

"Well, we can take anything of value that is not spiked down!

Braden looks to make sure they don't miss anything of value.


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) AC 20 HP 29/29 F: +5 R: +2 W:+5 Perc: +2

I think we are bringing Caily back and loading her up. Can we get a complete list of items we found?

Braden, did you miss my post above about the secret doors?


Hobbit [hp = 19/22; AC14/T14/ff11; F +1; R+3; W+4 CMD 12]

I have used EVERY spell I had for the day! And I am unlikely to learn detect secret doors as I have only two level 2 slots and will get two more when I level up. Scorching ray and web are probably what I will add to my book. Still considering joining the Halfling freedom league with the extra traits feat (+1 stealth and stealth is class skill) and adding an elven cloak to my inventory when I can afford one. Paying for extra spells to scribe is something that I cannot afford given how the treasure split has fallen.


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) AC 20 HP 29/29 F: +5 R: +2 W:+5 Perc: +2

We should consider using some party funds of some manner to get you a few utility spells like that, I would be willing to chip in for stuff like that.
Once we get the full division of this treasure we can figure it out.


Male Aasimar (Angelkin) Paladin of Apsu (Oath of Vengeance) 2/Sorcerer (Gold Dragon Bloodline) 1 Hps 31/31 AC 20 FF 19 T 11 CMD 16 Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +8 Init +1 Per +5

Yeah I agree with Arindale. I'm feeling set right now, but I would like to get some of the casters something nice. So if we need to chip in, I'm for it.


HP 25/25; Per +12 (+2 outside); AC 16, Touch 14, Flat 13; Gimpy HP 28/28; Per +6; AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14

So long as Maegge has Gimpy, he doesn't care about magical trinkets!

"Yes, to Dworkin - as brave and loyal a companion as one could ever hope for!" toasts the slaughtered dog, and drinks of his beer.


Hobbit [hp = 19/22; AC14/T14/ff11; F +1; R+3; W+4 CMD 12]

Braden snaps out of his depression and smiles as the treasure is loaded. With no mount, obviously he cannot carry anything, but he seems concerned that Tybek and Barashel get loaded down.

"I hear dwarves can carry a prodigious load of stuff. No shirking Ty, load all you can, I don't wanna make two trips. Are you sure you can't get that dresser? That might fetch a gold or two."

Ready to go back to town

Braden avoids looking at the dark mace in his pack, though the weight of it is still felt.


Dwarf Rogue 3 (hp: 31/31, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14, Perception +7 (+9 Traps), Stealth +13)
Braden wrote:
"I hear dwarves can carry a prodigious load of stuff. No shirking Ty, load all you can, I don't wanna make two trips. Are you sure you can't get that dresser? That might fetch a gold or two."

"Ahh'm a dwarf, yae wee scamp! Ahh'm nae a mule! Noo, Ahh'll take the shiny and light stuff. Yae can take the dresser. Did Ahh tell yae that Ahh've got a problem wid mae back and that it isnae gud fer me tae carry tae much?! We need tae find some other methods of carryin the plunder besides loaded up the dwarf!"


HP 25/25; Per +12 (+2 outside); AC 16, Touch 14, Flat 13; Gimpy HP 28/28; Per +6; AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14

"C'mon, Ty - surely you can manage another couple of dressers if it will fund the Party Drinking Fund!" pipes up the scampy young halfling.

How much would a scroll of Permanence (Ant Haul) cost, Chaos? lol


Hobbit [hp = 19/22; AC14/T14/ff11; F +1; R+3; W+4 CMD 12]

"I never thought I'd see a dwarf shirking his duties. This goes down in the journal."

Braden does seem to be writing things in a small book.

"And since dwarves are good diggers, you can dig the grave for Dworkin. I think he would want to be buried where he defended Barashel. Too bad the magic pit closed up."


Male Aasimar (Angelkin) Paladin of Apsu (Oath of Vengeance) 2/Sorcerer (Gold Dragon Bloodline) 1 Hps 31/31 AC 20 FF 19 T 11 CMD 16 Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +8 Init +1 Per +5

Berashel grows somber, "It should be me that digs the grave for him. I owe him that, at least."


Hobbit [hp = 19/22; AC14/T14/ff11; F +1; R+3; W+4 CMD 12]

Braden agrees
"I should help too. He fought off the rats for me."


Dwarf Rogue 3 (hp: 31/31, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14, Perception +7 (+9 Traps), Stealth +13)

"Ahh wid help tae, but it sounds like yae hae enough diggers tae dae the job. Ahh'll just supervise and mak sure yer daein a gud job."

"Just mak sure yae dae the job quickly. Ahh'm gettin tired o' hangin aboot in this dungeon, and Ahh wantae get back and trade these goods fer some real gold!"


After ransacking the evil priests room and searching throughout the rest of the moathouse dungeon, the party finally decides that there is nothing else to be found here.

If you want to make a dozen trips or figure how to get a large wagon to the place, the furnishings in the priest's chamber are probably worth 500gp, but consist of tables, chairs, a large bed, a large cabinet and dresser, and other similar items. Also, many of them are valuable, but are inlaid with a variety of demonic images which might make them less sellable except to certain collectors.

The party also finds that the tunnel past the entrance to the bandits' area leads gradually upward eventually exiting from a well concealed cave onto a small dirt path which rejoins the main road you have been following about 1000' from the moathouse.
------

Once the items have been gathered with the poor mule being heavily weighted down with armor and shields and other things that the greedy dwarf wants to try to sell, the party sets forth back to Hommlet.

With the extra weight, the party does not get back until after the sun has already set and the strange sounds from a nearly dry swamp can be heard about. Fortunately, despite some eerie howling and what once sounds like something gnawing on bones, the party's trip is generally uneventful.

------
So, what do you all want to do. I will try to keep up better with this. RL has made it hard to concentrate on getting all the pieces of this grand campaign together.

Let me know the plan. Return to the Inn? Sell items? Talk to someone? Traders? Mage? Temple? Druid? Mayor? Abandon the godforsaken town and flee to Yanmass?


HP 25/25; Per +12 (+2 outside); AC 16, Touch 14, Flat 13; Gimpy HP 28/28; Per +6; AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14
DM Chaos wrote:
RL has made it hard to concentrate

Holla... :\

"So, uh... now what?" Maegge asked as they entered Hommlet. "Should we try and sell most of the items right away so Tybek can finally afford to get properly dward-drunk tonight?"


Dwarf Rogue 3 (hp: 31/31, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14, Perception +7 (+9 Traps), Stealth +13)
Maegge Weissam wrote:
"So, uh... now what?" Maegge asked as they entered Hommlet. "Should we try and sell most of the items right away so Tybek can finally afford to get properly dward-drunk tonight?"

"Aye, yae've got the richt idea, mae friend! And yae can eat until yae burst yer buttons on yer britches!"


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) AC 20 HP 29/29 F: +5 R: +2 W:+5 Perc: +2

Getting drunk is high on the list Maegge...you should join us. It is entirely too much fun until the mornin'. I plan on talking that serving wench out of her undergarments as well.
She has been asking for a good blessing from me for days!
he punches Berashel in the shoulder in a good natured, knowing manner.

Braden, Maegge. Its time we settle up when we get to town. You are owed a goodly share of this treasure! Perhaps we can even make a trek to Yanmass to pick up some real stuff?


Hobbit [hp = 19/22; AC14/T14/ff11; F +1; R+3; W+4 CMD 12]

Braden was not the best businesshobbit, but he does realize Hommlett will not be able to hand the huge influx of items they have found.

"We will have to sell these items in Yanmass or a large city. We can sell the furniture and common items in Hommlett, but the larger items will have to wait."

Braden feels the weight of the black mace he carefully put in his pouch.

"First things first. Inform the town elders of what has happened and bring them the body of the evil ringleader. Next, see if the town will pay us for this or at least give us some free eats and drinks. Then, sell what the market will take. Finally we move to Yanmass and claim our reward there and sell most of the items."

"Well, let us go. We need to return and get the furniture if our dwarf can't pull the load."


Dwarf Rogue 3 (hp: 31/31, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14, Perception +7 (+9 Traps), Stealth +13)
Braden wrote:
""Well, let us go. We need to return and get the furniture if our dwarf can't pull the load."

"Wait just a minute!" Tybek says as he puts away his pocket watch. "Are yae tryin tae say that Ahh'm nae strong enough tae lift that furniture? Well, yae shoold ken by noo that yae cannae underestimate this Odeon! Ahh'll show yae!"


So, to you go directly to the inn? See if the traders are in? Or talk to one of the elders?


Hobbit [hp = 19/22; AC14/T14/ff11; F +1; R+3; W+4 CMD 12]

Braden suggests going straight to the elders. "Let us report to the wise ones. They may help us with the clean up. Then we sell our common goods to the town like the furniture. We can make sure they are happy with out actions and spread the word of our exploits."

He looks to Ranim: "The first song you write may be the most important. Make sure Dworkin is in it."

Straight to town elders. EDIT: After meeting is going well, then send Barashel to grab a trader and come see what he can buy from our stock with Ranim doing the talking. Make sure Ty opens a tab at the inn before he talks to anyone else.

"Ty, take the drinking money and start the celebration at the Inn. Drinks on us tonight--throw a hefty sum to get the party started. We will inform the town elders. I will lead a trip back to pick up the nice furniture and bring it back. I don't want to leave any gold on the table."


[(HP 20/26 | AC15 T11 FF13 CMD16 | F+2 R+4 W+2 | Inish +1 Per +3 S.M. +5) Female Suli Bard 3

"I will do my best to tell of all our exploits in the dungeon. Including that of Dworkin."

Sure you don't want Ranim at the elder's too? The diplomacy might help.


Dwarf Rogue 3 (hp: 31/31, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14, Perception +7 (+9 Traps), Stealth +13)
Braden wrote:
"Ty, take the drinking money and start the celebration at the Inn. Drinks on us tonight--throw a hefty sum to get the party started. We will inform the town elders. I will lead a trip back to pick up the nice furniture and bring it back. I don't want to leave any gold on the table."

"Ahh cannae object tae yae givin me the money, mae friend, but are yae sure yae dannae want me tae talk tae the elders wid yae?! Ahh'd like tae tell them a thing er twa. Those lazy cheepskate bastards dannae ken how tae respect gud hard workin adventurers! Once Ahh tell them what happened tae us, Ahh can make them listen and respect us!"

Are you sure you don't want Tybek at the elder's too? His form of diplomacy might help too! ; )


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) AC 20 HP 29/29 F: +5 R: +2 W:+5 Perc: +2

I would take Ranim, I can keep Ty occupied.

Would you rather talk to a bunch of old cogers or go with me to the tavern? I can taste that ale and roasted pig now!


HP 25/25; Per +12 (+2 outside); AC 16, Touch 14, Flat 13; Gimpy HP 28/28; Per +6; AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14

Maegge and Gimpy will go to see the elders with Braden and possibly but hopefully not! :) Tybek.


Hobbit [hp = 19/22; AC14/T14/ff11; F +1; R+3; W+4 CMD 12]

Braden heads to the elders, vowing to let Ranim do most or all of the talking.


[(HP 20/26 | AC15 T11 FF13 CMD16 | F+2 R+4 W+2 | Inish +1 Per +3 S.M. +5) Female Suli Bard 3

"Besides Ty, you need to help make sure Arin gets the right kind of drinks to celebrate. We did a lot of good work today, we need the best to reward ourselves. And to properly mourn for Dworkin. I'm sure we can trust such an important task to the two of you to handle properly."


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) AC 20 HP 29/29 F: +5 R: +2 W:+5 Perc: +2

Arin puts his arm around Ty and Ranim, almost scooping them both up, You can count on us!


Dwarf Rogue 3 (hp: 31/31, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14, Perception +7 (+9 Traps), Stealth +13)
Ranim wrote:
"Besides Ty, you need to help make sure Arin gets the right kind of drinks to celebrate. We did a lot of good work today, we need the best to reward ourselves. And to properly mourn for Dworkin. I'm sure we can trust such an important task to the two of you to handle properly."

"Aye, me dear, we can start the celebration, but Ahh just dannae want te see the leader o' this toon takin advantage of a pretty lass such as yerself. If they start giv'n ye a hard time, ye be sure te come and get yer friend Tybek. Ahh'll show them a thing er twa! If Ahh tak mae axe tae their table, they micht just start showin us some mair respect!"


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) AC 20 HP 29/29 F: +5 R: +2 W:+5 Perc: +2

We can sell what we can in town then go to Yanmass for the rest. That way Maegge, Ranim, and Braden can buy some stuff in a bigger market.


Male Aasimar (Angelkin) Paladin of Apsu (Oath of Vengeance) 2/Sorcerer (Gold Dragon Bloodline) 1 Hps 31/31 AC 20 FF 19 T 11 CMD 16 Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +8 Init +1 Per +5

Sounds like a good plan to me


Dwarf Rogue 3 (hp: 31/31, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14, Perception +7 (+9 Traps), Stealth +13)

Me too!

3,401 to 3,447 of 3,447 << first < prev | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Temple of Elemental Evil - The black heart of natural catastrophe. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.