Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Temple of Elemental Evil - Delving the depths of the Abyss on Golarian.

Game Master Tirion Jörðhár

The classic AD&D Temple of Elemental Evil - with a Pathfinder and Golarian twist.

Village of Hommlet - with building numbers <-- Legend in Campaign Info


301 to 350 of 3,447 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Suddenly and without warning, you hear a shout off to your side and a rain of small spears suddenly falls upon you while several small green humanoids with large heads charge from the scrub and rocks to the side of the trail with swords raised. Fortunately most of the spears miss except for one which lands squarely in Tybek's leg.

Knowledge(local or nature) DC11:

These are goblins. Generally the runts of humanoids.

Initiative:

Goblin Leader: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Goblin Warriors: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Goblin Spearmen: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Arindale: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Braden: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Glorfin: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4
Maegge: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Ramin: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Tybek: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Surprise Round

Goblin Warriors
Goblin Leader
Goblin Spearmen

Round 1

Arindale
Ramin
Maegge
Goblin Warriors
Braden
Tybek
Goblin Leader
Goblin Spearmen
Glorfin

_________________

Goblin Leader moves to K16

Goblin Warrior 1 moves to K12

Goblin Warrior 2 moves to L11

Goblin Warrior 3 moves to K15

Goblin Spearman 1 @ Maegge: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Goblin Spearman 2 @ Tybek: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 HIT!!
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Goblin Spearman 3 @ Braden: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Goblin Spearman 4 @ Maegge: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Goblin Spearman 5 @ Tybek: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Goblin Spearman 6 @ Ranim: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Battlemap


Dwarf Rogue 3 (hp: 31/31, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14, Perception +7 (+9 Traps), Stealth +13)

I take it from the battlemat that Tybek did not get very far with his stealth?

Round 1
hp: 9/13

"Help mae leg again!"

"Ach! It just figures. The halfling wid the elk makes all the noise, and whae gets all the damage?! Yae guessed it, Tybek Odeon!"

"Yae damn Goblins, yae're gannae pay fer this!"

Tybek takes his battleaxe and swings it at the goblin (K15) but unfortunately swings right over its head.

Battleaxe 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


[(HP 20/26 | AC15 T11 FF13 CMD16 | F+2 R+4 W+2 | Inish +1 Per +3 S.M. +5) Female Suli Bard 3

Round 1

Stats:

HP: 9/9
Bardic Music: 7/8
Spells
1st - 2/2

Having given music to Glorfin's song, Ranim brings her music higher, a wave of notes traveling across the group, inspiring them onward to greater glory. Her step stays light, she moving in tune as she once again brings out her whip, twirling about her and with her movements, in step with the song.

Standard for Inspire Courage, move to draw Scorpion Whip.

Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Profile not in use

Just a confirmation that Glorfin will be waiting on the actions of the goblins before deciding what he's up to.


Hobbit [hp = 19/22; AC14/T14/ff11; F +1; R+3; W+4 CMD 12]

Did any of the spell get cast?


Actually, you all missed the perception checks. I rolled for Arindale and Glorfin, and then forgot to post them. Glorfin rolled a 19 for a 23 total, so he would have seen something moving, the same as Maegge. Unfortunately, I rolled a 19 for the goblin's stealth which gave them a 29 - tough to see them when they roll like that.

On the positive side, I also forgot to take into account that you all should have been flat footed, so Maegge and Tybek avoided hits. Call it players benefitting from the DM learning curve.

So, to answer your question, I will go with the first reaction since they were general preparation - Braden, your summon will appear at the beginning of your turn and Glorfin already had his shield drawn for AC. Tybek began to hide in essentially plain sight, but since the goblins were only about 10 feet away and watching him, it did not work. Maegge was riding forward when the two goblins jumped out and began to attack.

Ranim's song is her Round 1 action and will help everyone except Arindale unless he delays. At the back of the pack having a discussion about his musical tastes with Ramin.

The goblins did not get a surprise round attack as it is difficult terrain on the hillside (darkish area) and to cross the stream. Thus, they had to use their surprise round to advance to the party.


HP 25/25; Per +12 (+2 outside); AC 16, Touch 14, Flat 13; Gimpy HP 28/28; Per +6; AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14

Suddenly finding a goblin ahead of him and to his left, Maegge draws his sickle and attacks the one to his left while Gimpy snorts and tries to impale the goblin in front of him on his antlers.

Maegge Move Action: Draw Weapon
Maegge Standard Action: Attack Goblin in L11

Attack (sickle): 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 2 + 1 = 18 potential hit
Damage (sickle): 1d4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 = 5

Gimpy Full Attack: Attack Goblin in K12

Attack (gore): 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 2 + 1 = 11 definitely a miss
Damage (gore): 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 1 = 7

Attack (hooves 1): 1d20 - 3 + 1 ⇒ (8) - 3 + 1 = 6 definitely a miss, again
Damage (hooves 1): 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Attack (hooves 2): 1d20 - 3 + 1 ⇒ (5) - 3 + 1 = 3 definitely a miss, and again
Damage (hooves 2): 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Maegge potentially draws blood, but the small goblin in front of Gimpy manages to avoid both the elks stabbing antlers and smashing hooves.


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) AC 20 HP 29/29 F: +5 R: +2 W:+5 Perc: +2

Arindale 5' shifts up to L,19, casts Bless and then draws his weapon.
Goblins again! This time I will not fail! Cayden, bless us in this battle in which we are about to engage!


BTW Arindale walks with his shield out...this countryside is too dangerous.
HP: 11/11
AC: 18
Current Effects:
Guidance 1x
Bless 10/10r


Dwarf Rogue 3 (hp: 31/31, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14, Perception +7 (+9 Traps), Stealth +13)

Chaos, I should not question you, but how does failing to consider that Tybek was flat footed allow him to avoid the goblin's hit?


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) AC 20 HP 29/29 F: +5 R: +2 W:+5 Perc: +2

I think he is talking about the 2nd hit that would have stuck you had you been flat footed.


Tybek - your AC is 18, 14 if FF. Thus, the 21 hit either way. Because I used AC instead of FF by mistake, you avoided the second hit (17).

Round 1

After the goblin's initial assault, Arindale raises his hands and the entire party is bathed in golden light leaving the area looking, and smelling, much like a pale ale. At the same time, Ramin begins to sing a tale involving the defeat of a goblin horde by brave warriors which gives you all more confidence in your abilities making your weapons strike slightly harder and more accurately.

Feeling like a mighty, and slightly intoxicated, warrior, Maegge swings out with his sickle leaving a deep gash across the goblin's chest. The goblin remains standing, but does not appear that healthy. Gimpy slashes with his rack and attempts to stomp on the little goblin, but the tiny humanoid is just too quick and nimbly dodges out of the way before striking back.

Goblin Warrior 1 Goblin Warrior 1 @ Maegge: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 ** HIT
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Goblin Warrior 2 @ Gimpy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Goblin Warrior 3 @ Tybek: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2

The goblin facing Maegge strikes out with its swords, hitting and causing a slight cut on Maegge's leg. The other manages to strike Gimpy in the shoulder, but is unable to get his old sword to puncture through the elk's tough hide. The goblin facing Tybek swings his sword, but Tybek easily parries it aside with his axe.

Arindale
Ramin
Maegge
Goblin Warriors
Braden
Tybek
Goblin Leader
Goblin Spearmen
Glorfin

For all Animal Companions/Familiars/riding dogs, I will consider them to go at the same time as the controlling player unless someone specifically posts that they want to delay while the animal attacks, or vice versa. Also, Braden, since you dog is just an animal (not a familiar/animal companion), I will control it if/when you send it into combat. You can decide when to order it to fight, but who/what it attacks will be done by me.


Hobbit [hp = 19/22; AC14/T14/ff11; F +1; R+3; W+4 CMD 12]

Braden's summoned dog appears in the middle of enemies to help Maegge. Braden rides his dog bravely to flank the leader. Then shifts off his dog and casts a spell putting grease on the leader and another.
Hit the leader first.
Braden rides L-18->K18->J17 then shifts back to K18 after his riding dog attacks the leader. Cast grease J15-16,K15-16. Braden's summoned dog appears J13.

Braden status:
hp = 8/8
AC14/touch 14/ff11
F +1; R+3; W+3 CMD 11

Grease DC17:
School conjuration (creation); Level bard 1, sorcerer/wizard 1

Casting Time 1 standard action

Components V, S, M (butter)

Range close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)

Target one object or 10-ft. square

Duration 1 min./level (D)

Save see text; SR no

A grease spell covers a solid surface with a layer of slippery grease. Any creature in the area when the spell is cast must make a successful Reflex save or fall. A creature can walk within or through the area of grease at half normal speed with a DC 10 Acrobatics check. Failure means it can't move that round (and must then make a Reflex save or fall), while failure by 5 or more means it falls (see the Acrobatics skill for details). Creatures that do not move on their turn do not need to make this check and are not considered flat-footed.

The spell can also be used to create a greasy coating on an item. Material objects not in use are always affected by this spell, while an object wielded or employed by a creature requires its bearer to make a Reflex saving throw to avoid the effect. If the initial saving throw fails, the creature immediately drops the item. A saving throw must be made in each round that the creature attempts to pick up or use the greased item. A creature wearing greased armor or clothing gains a +10 circumstance bonus on Escape Artist checks and combat maneuver checks made to escape a grapple, and to their CMD to avoid being grappled.

I think you wanted to roll for both dogs


I will this time - if it is a summoned dog/companion/familiar, then I assume you are able to control it - having a high Handle Animal skill would probably work as well. Just owning a dog - that is not really war trained - you sort of lose control once you tell it to attack.

@ Braden - how is the DC17 for the grease? Shouldn't it be +5 Int, +1 spell level for DC16?

Round 1 - continued

Seeing one of his people's hated enemies, Tybek grasps his battleaxe in two hands and swings, unfortunately, the goblin was even shorter than expected and the swing travels harmlessly over the goblin's head, although the goblin is now several hairs shorter than before.

Moments later, Braden Braden completes his arcane motions and a dog suddenly appears behind one of the goblins attacking Maegge at which it leaps with great gusto. Braden then bravely rides his dog into the battle, only to realize that these goblins, despite their diminutive size, are bigger than he is. Thus, just as fast as he rode forward and commanded his dog to attack, he teleports himself back a few feet while raising his hands and murmuring arcane words which creates a slick surface across the hillside beneath the feet of the goblins fighting Tybek and Glorfin.

Reflex(goblin leader):1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Reflex(goblin warrior): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

The goblin leader is unable to maintain his feet on the slippery slope and falls to the ground with a grunt. Despite the slippery surface, the other goblin maintains his feet and swings his club at Tybek.

Attack(summon dog) @ K12: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Attack(riding dog) @ K16: 1d20 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 3 + 4 = 23
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

The small dog leaps at the goblin attacking Gimpy, but fails to hit its mark and instead gets nothing but a bite of very dirty and unwashed goblin cloth. The spearmen then all grab another small spear which they launch at the same foes as before.

Goblin Spearman 1 @ Maegge: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Goblin Spearman 2 @ Tybek: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 **HIT**
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Confirm Crit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Goblin Spearman 3 @ Braden: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Goblin Spearman 4 @ Maegge: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Goblin Spearman 5 @ Tybek: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Goblin Spearman 6 @ Ranim: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4

As before, the only person incapable of dodging the spears is Tybek and while the spear strikes him in a near critical spot beneath his arm, the throw was not strong enough to do much damage.

Finally, the large goblin leader attempts to regain his footing before Braden's big dog has a chance to strike it again.

Reflex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11 <--Tybek and Glorfin get AoO.
_________

Glorfin is up, then back to the top with Arindale, Ramin and Maegge


Hobbit [hp = 19/22; AC14/T14/ff11; F +1; R+3; W+4 CMD 12]

DM Chaos:
I My starting feat is Spell Focus (Conjuration) +1 to the DC of conjuration spells.

Before Braden shifts after positioning the dog directly across from Tybek, Braden gives Tybek a wink and a grandiose sweep of his arm, as if to say 'go for it'.


Profile not in use

Round 1:

Flat-footed and unarmed... so no AoO...

As battle erupts Glorfin is slow to react, and cannot take advantage of the goblin leader's momentary opening. Drawing his warhammer from his belt he lets his song fall from his lips and aims a thundering strike at the goblin leader's hip...

Power Attack: 1d20 + 4 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 1 - 1 = 20 for 1d8 + 3 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 1 + 2 = 11 Bard song is the +1


HP 25/25; Per +12 (+2 outside); AC 16, Touch 14, Flat 13; Gimpy HP 28/28; Per +6; AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14

Goblin 4 hit my AC 16; I'll update/play accordingly. I just looked up mounted combat (never done it before); in future rounds I'll get +1 attack for attacking a creature smaller than my mount.

Round 2

"Gimpy!" gasped Maegge as he took another hit from a goblin. Clutching the wound and grimacing in pain, he gives up on trying to attack and focuses solely on defending himself.

Gimpy, sensing his friends, injury, backs up slightly and tries to finish off the goblin Maegge had initially wounded.

Maegge: Standard Action - Total Defense
Gimpy: 5-foot step to M12 and Full Attack goblin in L11

Gore: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 2 + 1 = 11
Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 1 = 8

Hoof 1: 1d20 - 3 + 1 ⇒ (12) - 3 + 1 = 10
Damage: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Hoof 2: 1d20 - 3 + 1 ⇒ (14) - 3 + 1 = 12
Damage: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Maegge Stats: HP 5 / 9, AC 20 Touch 18 Flat 13
Gimpy Stats: HP 20 / 20, AC 14 Touch 13 Flat 11


Hobbit [hp = 19/22; AC14/T14/ff11; F +1; R+3; W+4 CMD 12]

Braden's dog may get an AoO too


[(HP 20/26 | AC15 T11 FF13 CMD16 | F+2 R+4 W+2 | Inish +1 Per +3 S.M. +5) Female Suli Bard 3

Round 2

Stats:

HP 9/9
BM 6/8
Spells
1st - 2/2

Ranim allows the magic from her song to linger, though she still streams out the words of battle. In a dazzling display she lashes outward towards one of the attack creatures with her whip, giving imitation to one of the dances she had learned with her troupe.

Free action to drop Inspire Courage (lingers for two rounds), standard to attack gobline spearman to her south.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 3 + 1 = 19
1d4 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 = 5


Braden - your dog should have gotten an AoO, but is against the spearman who was within range - the summoned dog also got a similar attack.

Maegge - I will read up on animal companions and what is necessary to control them - Handle Animal, combat training, etc. For this combat, play it as you are and I will figure out if anything needs to be changed next time. Yes, you do get a +1 for attacking from higher ground.

AoO(riding dog) vs I18: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

AoO(summoned dog): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

As the goblins throw their spears, both dogs turn and snap at them, unfortunately neither dog manages to get a bite of the spear throwers.

However, Glorfin is much more successful dealing a deadly overhand blow to the still prone leader resulting in the goblin having half a head less than before the strike. Realizing that he is out of position and outnumbered, Maegge turns inward and goes on the defensive as Gimpy kicks and slashes ineffectively with his horns while backing up slowly.

The goblin across the stream bed is not so lucky, not expecting the lady bard to be a danger, he ignores her only to receive a vicious slash from the barbed end of her long whip causing a serious wound to open up from his forehead to the side of his neck with blood gushing out. The brave goblin remains standing, but just barely from the looks.

Round 2

Arindale
Ramin
Maegge
Goblin Warriors
Braden
Tybek
Goblin Leader - dying
Goblin Spearmen
Glorfin

Battlemap

EDIT - Posting Goblin Warriors so that Braden and Tybek can go as I assume Arindale will not attack any of them.

After seeing their leader fall, and not get up, the goblin warriors renew their attack, striking at the nearest targets. Whether out of fear, or bravery, you are unsure.

Goblin Warrior 1 @ summoned dog: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14 **HIT**
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Goblin Warrior 2 5-foot steps to L12 and attacks Gimpy.
Goblin Warrior 2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Goblin Warrior 3 @ riding dog: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Arindale, Tybek and Braden are up.


Hobbit [hp = 19/22; AC14/T14/ff11; F +1; R+3; W+4 CMD 12]

Braden hold his ground, draws his lt crossbow and fires at the goblin he sees to the south. P18

To hit xbow/damage 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 3 + 1 = 161d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

He has his summoned dog and riding dog attack the closest goblins.
I hope that is a low health bar on him.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Dwarf Rogue 3 (hp: 31/31, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14, Perception +7 (+9 Traps), Stealth +13)

AOO @ Goblin Leader

Battleaxe 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

As the Goblin leader falls, Tybek tries to take advantage of the opportunity and swings his axe, but likely misses.

Round 2

"Ach!!! Some goblin fiend just threw a spear intae mae armpit! What dae I look like, a pin cushion?!!" Tybek shouts in fury. "Well this is nae pin cushion that is gae'n tae stay still!"

Tybek attacks the goblin at K15.

Battleaxe 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) AC 20 HP 29/29 F: +5 R: +2 W:+5 Perc: +2

Sorry for the delay, I lost track of where i was in the init for some reason.

Arindale whispers Cayden's name, allowing him to move easily in any terrain, he then charges up the hill to the spear throwing Goblin and attempts to strike him down.

Activate Agile Feet, charge to O,18 make single attack.

Heavy Mace attack bless inspire charge 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 3 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 22 damage 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 1 = 6

And brings the heavy weapon down on it's skull...That's one less Goblin to bother the world! he looks at the Goblin next down the line at P,14 Your next!

Ranim, any reason why you ended your inspire? It's a free action to maintain and I have a feeling that the combat is going to last more than 3 rounds...


Profile not in use

Round 2:

Allowing himself a brief grimace and nod as the goblin goes down hard beneath his hammer, Glorfin spins off in search of further prey. Warhammer kept low before being brought up and through where the goblin stands...

Power Attack: 1d20 + 4 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 4 + 1 - 1 = 23 for 1d8 + 3 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 1 + 2 = 10

Against K,15 if still standing, if not then move to J,15 and attack I,14


Round 2
Seeing his companions under assault from the small green goblins, Arindale calls to Cayden for help and then, like a serving wench moving through a crowded tavern, Arindale glides across the stream and up the hill where he causes a severe indentation in the rather surprised spear thrower's head causing the goblin to stand shock still for a second before collapsing to the ground.

Moments later, Braden aims his crossbow at the next goblin beyond the stream, O14, and fires a bolt which draws blood as it slices across the goblin's arm.

Feeling invigorated by the aroma of ale, Tybek grips his axe tightly. While his first swing at the fallen leader missed, that problem was rectified by Glorfin. Thus, Tybek turned his attention to the other goblin standing before him. Having learned that swinging high is much less effective, Tybek lowers his aim and swings the axe into the small sword wielding goblin who looks rather surprised as his life blood drains out and he falls to the ground.

As Tybek swings and Braden fires, the dogs again attempt to bite their foes.

Attack(summon dog) @ K12: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Attack(riding dog) @ I18: 1d20 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 3 + 4 = 18
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

The summoned dog gets a bite into the sword wielding goblin while the riding dog turns and snaps its jaws shut completely engulfing the goblin's head, the last thing from which you hear being a short scream followed by a crunch.

Next, the spearmen all let out a shout seeing their comrades fall. As one, they draw small clubs and charge toward the closes target.

Goblin Spearman 1 with club @ summoned dog: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Goblin Spearman 2 with club @ summoned dog: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 + 2 = 22 **HIT** <-- flanking bonus
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Goblin Spearman 3 with club @ riding dog: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Goblin Spearman 4 move to N12 and attack Maegge: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Goblin Spearman 5 move to N14 and attack Gimpy: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 + 2 = 14 **HIT** <-- flanking
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Two of the small creatures manage to land blows. One hits Braden's summoned puppy which suddenly blinks out of existence and returns from whence it came. The second, manages to avoid the deadly rack on Gimpy and lands a solid blow to Gimpy's leg.

Seeing Tybek knock down the goblin before him and recognizing that the large rock and hill will make helping the dogs difficult, Glorfin turns and makes a quick step to help Maegge where with a single blow he causes the goblin with Braden's bolt sticking out of it to collapse to the ground like an archway when the keystone is removed.

While it is clear that all is not going well for these raiders, it is apparent from their poor equipment and ripped clothing that this fight is desperation and the goblins are unlikely to flee.

Back to the top for Round 3

Round 3

Arindale
Ramin
Maegge
Goblin Warriors
Braden
Tybek
Goblin Leader<--dead
Goblin Spearmen
Glorfin

Battlemap


Dwarf Rogue 3 (hp: 31/31, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14, Perception +7 (+9 Traps), Stealth +13)

Round 3

Tybek grins with satisfaction as his axe strikes down a goblin. Seeing the halfling, Braden, under attack from the nearby goblin, Tybek's protective instinct kicks in. He moves to K16 and attacks the enemy at J17.

"Will yae nae leave the wee folk alone?! Why don't yae pick on someone bigger than yerself!"

Battleaxe (with Bless and Inspiration) 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 25
Damage 1d8 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 1 + 1 = 8

Confirm Critical 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 10
Damage 1d8 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 + 1 = 10

If the goblin at K16 is down, he will instead attack the next closest goblin around Braden (perhaps I14).


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) AC 20 HP 29/29 F: +5 R: +2 W:+5 Perc: +2

Disappointed that the Goblin didn't take his bait, Arindale whispers Cayden's name again, allowing him to move easily in any terrain, he then charges accross the hill to the club wielding Goblin and attempts to strike him down issuing a hardy yell.

Activate Agile Feet, charge to N,13 make single attack. Swift action ferocious stike.

moringstar atk ferosity bless inspire charge 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 3 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 25 dam 1d8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 1 = 11

His brutal blow catches the Goblin on the side of his head, a crunching noise is heard before it drops to the ground.

Maegge, are you okay or do you need healing?

BTW, don't assume Arindale will heal you unless you are down. He hasn't been in many mass combats and doesn't necessarily know how bad you are hurt so make sure you call out when you need my help!

Current Effects:
HP: 11/11
AC: 18
Guidance: 1x 7/10r
Bless: 8/10r
Inspire Courage: 1/2r
Agile Feet: 3/5
Ferosity: 4/5

Edited post for correct location for charge.


@ Tybek - tell me your path. I may not have been clear. The whitish thing is a large boulder and you cannot move through those squares. The reddish stuff is the Grease Spell which is still in effect. Also, the blackish area is a hill, so difficult terrain to cross. You can get to the I14 goblin, but you need to move across at least 1 square of Grease unless Braden dispels the Grease with his turn before you go.

@ Arindale - you can move to O13, I forgot to move you last time I updated the map. If you want to charge, you should probably end in N13, not O13. Either way, the goblin is going to have a serious headache.


HP 25/25; Per +12 (+2 outside); AC 16, Touch 14, Flat 13; Gimpy HP 28/28; Per +6; AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14

Maegge/Gimpy Round 3

Gimpy bellows in pain at taking a wound, and makes yet another attempt at the goblin who'd attacked Maegge - who was desperately tries to avoid taking another hit while casting a healing spell on himself.

Maegge Move Action: N/A
Maegge Standard Action: Cast Defensively (CLW on Self)
Gimpy Action: Full-Attack (L,12)

Status:

Maegge - HP 9/9; AC 16, T 14, F 13; Spells 1st: 1/2, Oth: N/A
Gimpy - HP 16/20; AC 14, T 13, F 11

Gore: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 2 + 1 = 11
Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 1 = 6

Hoof 1: 1d20 - 3 + 1 ⇒ (18) - 3 + 1 = 16 Maybe a hit? Cripes.
Damage: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Hoof 2: 1d20 - 3 + 1 ⇒ (2) - 3 + 1 = 0
Damage: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Concentration DC 17: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 1 = 17
Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Dwarf Rogue 3 (hp: 31/31, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14, Perception +7 (+9 Traps), Stealth +13)

Chaos, could you tell me what the creature next to Braden is? Is that his dog? Could you kindly use halos to help me know who is friend or foe? Can Tybek move around the rock to get to a goblin?


Tybek Odeon wrote:
Chaos, could you tell me what the creature next to Braden is? Is that his dog? Could you kindly use halos to help me know who is friend or foe? Can Tybek move around the rock to get to a goblin?

Sorry, still trying to figure out Maptools. The one next to Braden is his riding dog. As the rock and grease are next to each other, you either need to cross the Grease (1/2 speed, DC10 Acrobatics) or go around it. The rock is a big boulder which you can climb if you are willing to risk an AoO if one of them is next to you.


Dwarf Rogue 3 (hp: 31/31, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14, Perception +7 (+9 Traps), Stealth +13)

Tybek's round 3 clarification.

Tybek will advance forward through the grease and attack the goblin at I14. (See rolls above).

Tybek's Round 2 Attack wrote:

Battleaxe (with Bless and Inspiration) 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 25

Damage 1d8 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 1 + 1 = 8

Confirm Critical 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 10
Damage 1d8 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 + 1 = 10

Acrobatics Check 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

"Ach! Who in Hades did this tae the ground? First Oi had plants trying tae eat me, and now, Oi've got the ground trying tae suck me under into its greasy machine below! How can any one expect me tae crush these goblins if I all covered in grease like the Maheto Clock Tower!"


Hobbit [hp = 19/22; AC14/T14/ff11; F +1; R+3; W+4 CMD 12]

Braden calmly reloads his crossbow Move

Then fires again at the goblin he hit before (or the closest unengaged one if the injured one is down). std

lt crossbow hit/damage 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 241d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
lt crossbow confirm?/damage 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 181d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

"Sorry about the ground Tybek. It was for the gobbies."

Braden gives his dog a salute as he returns. "Maegge, lookout. My conjured dog is no longer holding the line."

Braden gives his riding dog a friendly pat sending back into the fray.
Braden's riding dog is no longer being ridden.


Ramin is at GenCon, and said posting will be unreliable - I will post for her this round.

Round 3
Smelling victory, and smelling of ale, Arindale grins after knocking the first enemy to the ground. He then turns and charges across the battlefield sliding down the hill and landing a devastating blow to the spearman poking at Maegge.

Seeing her companions rapidly eliminate the few remaining goblins, Ramin carefully moves to where the ground is still slick and from Braden's Grease, unfortunately she was unprepared for the lack of footing and falls to the ground.

Save Reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Attack: 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 17
Damage: 1d4 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 = 5

Feeling the bite of several goblin blades, Maegge defensively calls upon nature to bind his wounds. At the same time, Gimpy raises his hooves and kicks the goblin before him resulting in the goblin falling to the ground writing in pain before passing out and bleeding to death.

Unsure of what, if any choice it has, the remaining warrior moves over and again attacks Maegge.

Attack @ Maegge: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Swinging its tiny sword, the goblin manages to open a wound nearly as deep as that Maegge had cured only moments earlier.

Seeing his companion fall before him, Tybek carefully makes his way across the slick hillside reaching firm ground where he again swings his axe landing another deadly blow, this time nearly removing the goblins leg from its body and causing the goblin to fall forward where in slides motionless down the hill.

Smelling more blood, even if it tastes rancid, Braden's dog charges across the hilltop and attacks the final spearman.

Attack(riding dog @ Spearman I12): 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 3 + 1 = 15
Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 = 5

The spearman with fear in his eyes, turns and attempts to flee from the huge dog.

AoO(riding dog): 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 3 + 1 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 = 5

However, the riding dog grabs him by the neck and drags him back to the ground where the dog mauls the goblin.

Round 3

Arindale
Ramin
Maegge
Goblin Warriors
Braden
Tybek
Goblin Leader<--dead
Goblin Spearmen<-- all dead
Glorfin

Round 4

Arindale
Ramin
Maegge
Goblin Warriors
Braden
Tybek
Goblin Leader<--dead
Goblin Spearmen<-- all dead
Glorfin

Battlemap


Grrr - after all that, Braden ninjas me.

Round 3

Braden moves to M16 and fires his bow striking the already wounded goblin. The rather surprised goblin looks cross-eyed at the bolt protruding from between its eyes for a moment before dropping its sword and falling to the ground.

Combat over
Post away for your next actions.


HP 25/25; Per +12 (+2 outside); AC 16, Touch 14, Flat 13; Gimpy HP 28/28; Per +6; AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14

Silently hissing in pain and literally soaked in blood, Maegge tries to conceal his "weak" reaction and sits rigidly on the snorting, stamping - and also bleeding - Gimpy.

Bluff: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8

Realizing he was doing a poor job of it anyway, he calls out to Arindale, "What's that you said about healing you said earlier?"

Status: Maegge HP 6/9, AC as profile; Gimpy HP 16/20, AC as profile


Profile not in use

As the last of the goblins fall, Glorfin looks around the party to check taht all still stand. Noting that although blood is flowing the owners remain hale enough he then moves among the bodies to check for signs of life. Take 10 Heal for 11 Glorfin also drags the bodies from where they fell to a single spot just off the side of the path they have been following. Lastly he rifles the leader's possessions for any sign of whether they are merely brigands or there is sign of a further concern.


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) AC 20 HP 29/29 F: +5 R: +2 W:+5 Perc: +2

Arindale helps check the wounded Goblins for any sign of life, Take a 10 with Guidance help is a 17.
He piles all of the dead Goblins into a pile helping collect anything of value.
I hate Goblins! They killed all of my last group except for me... he says in shame, I was the only one to escape. We should question a survivor and track them back to their camp to finish any that are left as well as re-claim any good they might have stolen.


Dwarf Rogue 3 (hp: 31/31, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14, Perception +7 (+9 Traps), Stealth +13)

"Ach! Gobbies are nasty wee beasts. Mind yae, Oi dae get a certain sense of satisfaction when Oi drive mae axe intae them. But did yae see what they did wid their pointy sticks? Richt in the armpit! Oi've got tae save up fer some better chain mail. It isnnae bad, but Oi'm gettin tired bein hit! Arin, Oi could use some healin and a wee nip if ye've got it!"

Tybek wipes the blood off of his battleaxe and checks his pocket watch as he waits for his friend's healing. "Oi amnae hauldin yae up am Oi?"

Once Tybek starts to feel better, he helps loot the goblins, placing weapons and armor in one pile and gold and treasure in another.


[(HP 20/26 | AC15 T11 FF13 CMD16 | F+2 R+4 W+2 | Inish +1 Per +3 S.M. +5) Female Suli Bard 3

Ranim maintains her song even as she collapses, though barely converting the words to be in time with her sudden fall. Taking a moment to collect herself, she looks across the battlefield and see the las of the goblins are dealt with. "Perhaps not the best surface to practice upon." she jokes as she carefully crawls to the side, unconcerned with the conjured grease covering her. As she stands, she lets out a small tune and the grease falls off her as easily as she fell upon it prior. Cast Prestidigitation, using it to clean her clothes. After taking a meticulous moment to ensure none remains, she will then proceed to aid the others task.

Perform (Song): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17


You find two of the goblins which are not beyond you capabilities. Using Arindale's wise guidance, you are able to stabilize them, but both remain unconscious and nearly on death's door. The remainder, mostly because of minor problems such as partially severed legs and large indentations in their rather bulbous heads, are beyond your abilities to save. Of the goblins you save, one was a spearman and the other one of the warriors.

After searching the corpses, you find little of use and believe that with the drought and limited use of this trade route, most likely these goblins were desperate enough to attack anything.

Loot:
Leader: Small Longsword, Small Leather Armor, Light Shield with a badly drawn goblin face etched into it. 2 gp, 8 sp, 13 cp

Other 9 goblins combined: 3 small Shortswords, 6 small Clubs, 12 small Spears, 6 small Leather Armor in very poor condition, 3 small Light Shields, 4 gp, 16 sp, 29 cp

Let me know whether you heal the two goblins up and try to question them. Also, how you were planning on questioning them since I do not believe anyone can speak goblin.


Profile not in use

Glorfin raises an eyebrow at Arindale's suggestion "I was checking for breath so that we can ensure they do not rise again to threaten anyone... do you truly intend to attempt to reason with the creature?"


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) AC 20 HP 29/29 F: +5 R: +2 W:+5 Perc: +2

Arindale uses Cayden's healing touch to help the party and the injured Goblins.
Anyone speak their language or know if they speak ours? If not we should go ahead and end them. he says matter of fact...

channel positive energy 1d6 ⇒ 6


Arindale - how many rounds after the end of the battle did you Channel?


Hobbit [hp = 19/22; AC14/T14/ff11; F +1; R+3; W+4 CMD 12]

Braden drops to one knee as he realizes his shot ended the fight. He shakes as the adrenaline rush is over and he looks with shock at the goblins bleeding out.

This is much different than the histories and the stories. I am glad I was able to keep my head and pull my weight.

CON 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Despite his best efforts, he finds himself losing some of the much valued contents of his stomach on the ground.

Rushing to Maegge and Gimpy:
"Maegge, you were like a valorous human knight charging into battle. Don't ever do that again. I was worried sick."

As he recovers somewhat and notices Aarindale's efforts.
"Information is valuable. It does not mean we keep these goblins around afterwards."


HP 25/25; Per +12 (+2 outside); AC 16, Touch 14, Flat 13; Gimpy HP 28/28; Per +6; AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14

Maegge sighs and Gimpy shivers and exhales as the healing energy from Arindale washed over them.

"Thank you, Arindale, for both of us. No, I don't know the goblins' language. You could let them go and we could track them back to their lair: we'd be like hunters following the spoor of a wounded animal to finish the kill," he offered, dubious it would be taken seriously. Even as he spoke, though, it was plainly visible he didn't care for his similie - it was normally deer or elk, such as Gimpy, that he'd formerly hunted down and slaughtered by such techniques.

At Braden's praise, however, he smiled in welcomely distracting humor at the comparatively elderly halfling fussing over him. "Valorous, Braden? Surely you mean foolish, for trying to sneak ahead of everyone to see what was going on? I made enough noise to wake my Mum's third cousin's sister in law's son - I suppose that'd be my fourth cousin? - Falco Montajay from his afternoon nap! Montajay? Is he a relation of yours? But yes, I have no intention of doing so again: I'm not in that much of a hurry to see my sour, old Gran'da in the afterlife, and that was much too close for comfort."


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) AC 20 HP 29/29 F: +5 R: +2 W:+5 Perc: +2
DM Chaos wrote:
Arindale - how many rounds after the end of the battle did you Channel?

DM Chaos, I would have stabilized the two with my heal check and then made sure someone could speak Goblin before including them in the channel. If no one speaks Goblin then...

@Glorfin, Well..yeah, why not? They might have plundered treasure back at their camp. For all we know it might be just around the bend. he looks at him in a confused manner.


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) AC 20 HP 29/29 F: +5 R: +2 W:+5 Perc: +2

@ Maegge, Yeah you should let us in the heavy armor and weapons take the initial charge.
Of course they almost caught us with our pants down if it wasn't for your keen eyes, keep it up.
he slaps him on the back!

@ Ranim, I like the tune you sang, it made me feel like Cayden himself was guiding my hand as I smacked em' around!

If no one speaks Goblin or is inclind to question them then we stove their heads in a move on...


Arindale - I typed all this before I got your second post. You all can do what you want with the goblins. I don't have the energy to change this post right now.

After searching the goblins and Arindale reviving two of them, the others are a little beyond the power watered down ale, you find that they speak only their goblin tongue, and that not very well. They stare at you in utter fear, only magnified by the bloody scene of their companions lying in various misshapen position about the area.

After discovering that you have no means of communicating with them you do something - your call on whether you let them go, kill them, or simply knock them down. While you find some tracks leading to the south, you lose them after a few hundred feet and fearing that you will get lost, you all agree to return to the trail and continue your trek to Hommlet.

The rest of the day is uneventful and that night you figure that you should reach to village sometime tomorrow. Over the night, nothing of note occurs, but you all get less than perfect nights rest as you awaken several times thinking you smell smoke being carried by the wind from the north, but you never see any fire and these smell are fleeting before disappearing south with the next breeze.

20 Arodus 4711 <-- I think I missposted the 18th two days in a row.

After waking early and eating breakfast of your rapidly diminishing food supplies, you once again refill your waterskins with Maegge's help and head out. While the path generally continues to follow what would be a sizable stream in a normal season, but nearly parched this year, on occasion the rugged road instead crests hills to avoid the wandering path of the stream. When this occurs, you can see the southern peaks of the Fog Peaks perhaps 2-3 days in front of you with taller peaks to the north off to your right.

Shortly after lunch, you crest a small hill you see a large valley with the first sign of civilization in several days. The road, which has been in much better repair over the past few hours, turns more toward the north as it drops into the valley and passes through a row of trees.

Knowledge(nature) DC12:

Likely these trees have been planted in a row to shield whatever is beyond from the winds that have been more or less constant during your trek.

Although most of the valley is shielded by the row of trees, you can see off in the distance on the side of a hill north of the valley a large building, likely a temple or fort of some sort. You continue down the road and finally follow the path through the trees and see what appears to be a lush veranda compared to the drought stricken land you have been crossing up until this point.

Your party is now approaching the Village of Hommlet, having walked up from Yanmass. You are poorly mounted, badly equipped, and have no large sums of cash. In fact, all you have is what you wear and what you ride, plus the few coins that are hidden in purses and pockets. What you do possess in quantity, though, is daring and desire to become wealthy and famous. Thus, your group comes to Hommlet to learn. Is this indeed a place for adventurers to seek their fortunes? You all hope, of course, to gain riches and make names for yourselves. The outcome of this is uncertain, but your skill and daring, along with a good measure of luck, will be the main ingredients of what follows, be it for weal or woe.

The small community at the crossroads is a completely unknown quantity. What is there? Who will be encountered? Where should you go? These are your first explorations and encounters, so chance may dictate as much as intelligence. Will outsiders be shunned? Are the reports true — is the whole community engaged in evil practices? Are the folk here bumpkins, easily duped? Does a curse lay upon those who dare to venture into the lands which were once the Temple's? All of these questions will soon be answered.

The dusty, rutted road is lined with closely-grown hedges of brambles and shrubs. Here and there it cuts through a copse or crosses a rivulet. To either hand, forest and meadow have given way to field and orchard. A small herd of kine graze nearby, and a distant hill is dotted with the wand stone chimneys with thin plumes of blue smoke rising from them. A road angles west into the hill country, and to either side of the road ahead are barns and buildings — Hommlet at last!

The adventure begins...

The italicized section is more or less from the module with a few changes for Taldor/Golarian. Felt like you all should get the real feeling as this is the beginning of the true module.

Village of Hommlet

Village of Hommlet - with building numbers


HP 25/25; Per +12 (+2 outside); AC 16, Touch 14, Flat 13; Gimpy HP 28/28; Per +6; AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14

Sweaty, dusty, and wearing clothes liberally stained a rusty brown color, Maegge - atop Gimpy as usual - helps keeps watch for the group, riding with Arindale and Braden accompanied by the lovely and talented singer Ranim while the two dwarfs tromped ahead of them scaring away goblins and bandits with nothing more than their visage alone.

Knowledge (Nature): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

"These trees here were planted in what's called a 'windbreak'; provided some degree of shelter if it's windy," he pointed out as they crested the hill that led down into Hommlet. "And this, apparently, is Hommlet. And just in time - it sounds like 'ham omelet', which makes me hungry to think about."

It doesn't seem like much, after Yanmass. At least we made it in one piece, excepting only our clothes. I'll need new ones after this; I must reek like a butcher's shop.


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) AC 20 HP 29/29 F: +5 R: +2 W:+5 Perc: +2

Finally, I could use a good nights sleep in a bed and a cold brew! Where's the tavern in this town...I wonder if they know the way to the biggest treasure filled crypt around here.
Now weren't we supposed to meet what-his-face in town to give us a job?

Arindale jabbers to the rest of you obviously excited to be at your destination.

301 to 350 of 3,447 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Temple of Elemental Evil - The black heart of natural catastrophe. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.