Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Temple of Elemental Evil - Delving the depths of the Abyss on Golarian.

Game Master Tirion Jörðhár

The classic AD&D Temple of Elemental Evil - with a Pathfinder and Golarian twist.

Village of Hommlet - with building numbers <-- Legend in Campaign Info


251 to 300 of 3,447 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) AC 20 HP 29/29 F: +5 R: +2 W:+5 Perc: +2

Arindale does heal Ty and the bowmen but NOT the tracker.

channel positive energy 1d6 ⇒ 2
channel positive energy 1d6 ⇒ 3
channel positive energy 1d6 ⇒ 6

Arindal gives Ty an odd look, Why are you trying to carry all of that stuff? That's what I have Caily for! pointing to his mule...

What's my share of the treasure by the way??? Did they have any gems on them?


Dwarf Rogue 3 (hp: 31/31, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14, Perception +7 (+9 Traps), Stealth +13)

"Aye! That's much better! Oi can feel mae leg again and it isnae just pain. Mind yae, it took yae lang enough. Now yae've got tae remember fer all the battles tae come, Arin, that fer me tae keep swinging mae trusty axe, yae need to keep me refreshed. This means healin mae wounds and keepin my tankard full back at the pub! Can Oi rely on yae tae do that important work, mae friend?! Gud! Now help mae fasten these blades ontae yer mule. There isnnae reason Oi should be daein all the work around here when we've got yer trusty mule tae dae it fer us! What dae yae call this beast again? Did yae call it Ceilidh?! As fer share of the plunder, we'll had tae see whit they gie us fer the blades and bows. It canna be tae much, but hopefully it'll gie us enough tae stay under a roof o' an inn and nae stuck in the barn wid Gimpy and Ceilidh!"


HP 25/25; Per +12 (+2 outside); AC 16, Touch 14, Flat 13; Gimpy HP 28/28; Per +6; AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14

Seeing the pool of water to be stagnant, Maegge calls out to the group,"The water here isn't good; give me til morning, and I'll be able to purify enough for everyone as well as the creatures to have their fill and then some."

He'll start wandering the copse, looking for dead branches for a fire but keeping an eye out for trouble just in case.


Can I get a regular sleeping/watch schedule. I do not care if you change as needed, but would like a default.


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) AC 20 HP 29/29 F: +5 R: +2 W:+5 Perc: +2

Arindale volunteers for first watch due to his prayers each morning.


Hobbit [hp = 19/22; AC14/T14/ff11; F +1; R+3; W+4 CMD 12]

Braden volunteers for last watch. Maybe split up those with darkvision. Ninjad


Profile not in use

Glorfin will watch over the night (middle watch).
DM Chaos - are you happy to have three watches only? which would give us two for each watch.

Proposed Watch Schedule:
Ranim and Maegge - Evening
Tybek and Glorfin - Depth of night (disadvantage being 2 x darkvision in the midnight watch)
Arindale and Braden - Morning

Glorfin sets to the making of camp as best he is able, it's clear that he is far from an experienced outdoorsman... but he works earnestly and without tiring. Once all is roughly in order, he sets to polishing the sigils upon his shield and hammers - a rag dipped in the stagnant water good enough for that task at least.

Glorfin makes no claim on what was taken from the bounty hunter.


Dwarf Rogue 3 (hp: 31/31, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14, Perception +7 (+9 Traps), Stealth +13)

Glorfin's proposed watch schedule sounds good to me!

Maegge wrote:
"The water here isn't good; give me til morning, and I'll be able to purify enough for everyone as well as the creatures to have their fill and then some."

"Ach! Water?! Is that all yae think aboot, wee fella?! If O'm not mistaken, that is whit they give prisoners when they're well behaved. I dannae mind if yae gie the beast of burden some of it, but we will need tae hae something better for us if we are tae keep up oor strength up!"


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) AC 20 HP 29/29 F: +5 R: +2 W:+5 Perc: +2

Of course Ty, that is why I keep my keg filled my friend.

He walks over to Caily and unhooks the Keg and grabs a sack. He sets up a wooden mug in front of each of them and pours them a mug full.
May Cayden bless each of us with good beer, good friends, and good adventure! To many more victories over the bad things in this world!

Perception DC 20:

The beer doesn't seem as strong as the ale you have had in the past...this may be watered down some.


While the mule and riding dog are secured for the night, Maegge allows Gimpy to graze without being secured as he know with the link between them that Gimpy will not wander away. On Maegge's advice, the group decides that with the drought conditions, it is wisest to not light a fire and instead simply make camp and eat some cold rations for the evening meal.

The first two watches pass relatively uneventfully, but just as the first rays of light begin to brighten the eastern horizon, Arindale is suddenly alerted to the sound of a flock of birds simultaneously taking flight from the far side of the copse of trees. At the same time, Braden's owl gives out a sense of concern and digs its claws into his shoulder where it was resting.

Before the pair even has a chance to alert the rest, there is a low rumbling which can be heard from the north, followed seconds later by the entire ground shaking for approximately 10 seconds which awakens the rest of the party. Then, just as suddenly as it began, the rumbling and shaking ceases and the plains return to their quiet, calm predawn state.

Knowledge(nature) DC 12:

This was just a small earthquake.

Knowledge(local) DC 15:

Earthquakes are not common in this part of Taldor.


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) AC 20 HP 29/29 F: +5 R: +2 W:+5 Perc: +2

Um, what in the hells was that Braden?


Dwarf Rogue 3 (hp: 31/31, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14, Perception +7 (+9 Traps), Stealth +13)
Arindale wrote:
"May Cayden bless each of us with good beer, good friends, and good adventure! To many more victories over the bad things in this world!"

"Aye, Oi'll drink tae that!" Tybek takes a nice big swig.

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

"Hey?!!! Whit's wrang with this ale? It tastes like somebody has been sabotaging it by adding water tae it!!! Everyone stay alert! We mae hae an enemy in oor midsts!" Tybek looks around to his comrades questioningly.

Chaos wrote:
Before the pair even has a chance to alert the rest, there is a low rumbling which can be heard from the north, followed seconds later by the entire ground shaking for approximately 10 seconds which awakens the rest of the party. Then, just as suddenly as it began, the rumbling and shaking ceases and the plains return to their quiet, calm predawn state.

Knowledge, Local 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

"Hey! Did yae all feel that? Oi dinnae think earthquakes were all that common here in Taldor. Whit dae yae think made that rumble? Although yae may think it, it wasnae mae stomach!"


HP 25/25; Per +12 (+2 outside); AC 16, Touch 14, Flat 13; Gimpy HP 28/28; Per +6; AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14

Watch schedule looks good to me.

Knowledge: Nature: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Woken from a deep, exhausted slumber, Maegge struggles to orient himself in the early morning darkness and shaking earth.

"Huh, wha...?!"


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) AC 20 HP 29/29 F: +5 R: +2 W:+5 Perc: +2
Tybek Odeon wrote:
"Hey?!!! Whit's wrang with this ale? It tastes like somebody has been sabotaging it by adding water tae it!!! Everyone stay alert! We mae hae an enemy in oor midsts!" Tybek looks around to his comrades questioningly.

Previous night, Ty, there is nothing wrong with the ale!

We have to be on our toes now that we are on the road again...I added the water myself to keep us fresh and alert for danger.

That morning...
Okay great it was "just" and earthquake. he says with some sarcasm.


Dwarf Rogue 3 (hp: 31/31, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14, Perception +7 (+9 Traps), Stealth +13)
Arindale wrote:
"We have to be on our toes now that we are on the road again...I added the water myself to keep us fresh and alert for danger."

"What?!! Yae've been adding water sae we could stay alert?! What are yae, daft? The wee halfling havenae been talking yae intae that hae they? Yae dannae need tae worry aboot me, Oi'm just as alert with several ales in me as if I was a tea toadler! If yae want tae be addin stuff tae the ale, yae should consider adding some o' Glorfin's whisky tae it!"


Hobbit [hp = 19/22; AC14/T14/ff11; F +1; R+3; W+4 CMD 12]

Two knowledge skills I passed on for now :-(

Braden looks around confused: "Maegge, what was that?"


You can use Geography instead of Local for the second one if you want.


HP 25/25; Per +12 (+2 outside); AC 16, Touch 14, Flat 13; Gimpy HP 28/28; Per +6; AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14

"Err, well, I'm not sure. Tybek seems pretty sure it was an earthquake, and I'd trust a Dwarf to know such things. He seems more upset about the status of our provisions, so it must not be that bad..." he trailed off, brushing leaves from his blanket.

Spells:
Maegge would have communed with nature the previous evening between dinner and taking watch with Ranim. Going forward, that will be the usual time he'll do so.

Current spells prepared:
1-Cure Light Wounds, Magic Fang
0-Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Purify Food and Drink


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) AC 20 HP 29/29 F: +5 R: +2 W:+5 Perc: +2

Later in the am after prayers, Arindale walks up to the elk with a piece of apple and sticks his hand out...
Does your Elk talk Maegge? I have never seen an animal such as this not afraid of people.

After their exchange, Let's hit the road, we have bandits to kill and people to save! Maybe we get to save the town as well if it is plagued by the bandits.


HP 17/20 | AC 14, T 13, FF 11 | Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +2

*Sniff* The antlered head raises at the scent of food. Mouth open, the lips grab the piece of apple out of Arindale's hand. *Munch!* Tasty! Is friend?


Dwarf Rogue 3 (hp: 31/31, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14, Perception +7 (+9 Traps), Stealth +13)
Arindale wrote:
"Does your Elk talk Maegge? I have never seen an animal such as this not afraid of people."

"Dannae be daft, Arin! Har Har Ho!" Tybek bellows a deep hearty laugh. "Animals are such dumb creatures and they certainly cannae vist wid yae! All the beast sees is food and that's why it likes yae! Yae mae be able tae get it tae follow yae, but yae cannae expect it tae understand whit yae sayin! Ho Har Har! If yae dae get it tae understand yae, can yae tell it tae take its crap auf the trail?!"


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) AC 20 HP 29/29 F: +5 R: +2 W:+5 Perc: +2

Arindale pets it's muzzle not sure of what to do next...when Ty bursts out,
Hey, I have heard of people that can speak to animals! Just because this one doesn't speak doesn't mean they can't talk. he grumbles.


HP 17/20 | AC 14, T 13, FF 11 | Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +2

Loud noises! Danger? *Snort, sniff!* The elk lowers his head - and therefore antlers - in Tybek's direction, and tosses his head in a challenging gesture, one hoof stamping the ground.


Profile not in use

The rumbling of the earth is a worrying portent to Glorfin, many years spent living underground has proven to him that shudders of the earth can be devestating... however for now the shaking appears to have been much distant from where they rest. Taking to his feet he listens as his companions discuss the shaking, before adding his own comments "It is a sign of something... but for now it has no effect upon our path." He then busies himself in the packing up the remains of the camp and donning his armor.

Once ready, he takes some time to stretch out and perform some basic exercises with the larger hammer that he bears to limber himself up for travel.


Dwarf Rogue 3 (hp: 31/31, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14, Perception +7 (+9 Traps), Stealth +13)
Arindale wrote:
"Hey, I have heard of people that can speak to animals! Just because this one doesn't speak doesn't mean they can't talk."

"Arindale, mae friend! Please dannae get upset! Oi sometimes speak b'fore Oi think. Oi just wanted tae say that it's fine fer yae tae talk ta the beast. Oi just don't want yae tae be disappointed when it daenae say anything back! But please dannae let me stop yae frae pettin its snotty nose and muzzle. Oi'm sure it likes it. Just dannae put yer finger near its teeth. It just may think it's a carrot. *Har Har!*"

Gimpy wrote:
"*Snort, sniff!*

Tybek takes a second look at the elk as it starts to stamp one hoof upon the ground.

Keruffikus! Did that beast hear me?! Nae that's impossible. I cannae believe it's that clever!

"Hey Maeggae! Whit's wrong with yer pet? He daesnnae look tae happy! Have yae fed him today?"

"Oi been thinking, wee Druid. Oi noticed that during the battle wid the thugs, that the plants were trying tae eat me or something. Dae yae think it was b'cause they like the way dwarves taste or dae yae think it was somethin personal wid me?"

Glorfin wrote:
"It is a sign of something... but for now it has no effect upon our path."

"What dae yae think that was, Glorfin? I was sayin that earthquakes dannae happen tae much in this land, but it sure felt like ane tae me. Oi'm not superstitious at all, but this cannae be a gud sign. Mark mae words. Nothin gud will come o' this. Mebbae we should keep watch together tonight?!"


Hobbit [hp = 19/22; AC14/T14/ff11; F +1; R+3; W+4 CMD 12]

"Wow, earthquakes. I hope no buildings or settlements were nearby the quake." Braden packs his belongings on his dog after memorizing his spells for the day.


Profile not in use

Glorfin shrugs "It was likely a quake, but apart from that we know nothing else. It could be a natural tremor or the distant echo of Rovagug himself tearing free from his prison of earth... though I'd think the former more likely than the latter." setting a re-assuring gauntleted hand on Tybek's shoulder "We are already wary of banditry, the earthquake is a curious event... but we will ken more only by drawing nearer."


HP 25/25; Per +12 (+2 outside); AC 16, Touch 14, Flat 13; Gimpy HP 28/28; Per +6; AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14

"He grazed all of yesterday evening. Maybe it was something you said, instead? He doesn't understand words as such, but definitely tone of voice... and you do seem to shout a lot," he added slyly, suppressing a grin.

Talking soothingly to Gimpy, the elk at last subsided with one last snort. Mimicking Braden and the rest, his few belongings were soon packed and ready for travel.

Good to his word of the previous day, he purified the stagnant pool for all to fill their waterskins and drink their fill.

Remaining Spells:

1-Cure Light Wounds, Magic Fang
0-Detect Magic, Detect Poison


Dwarf Rogue 3 (hp: 31/31, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14, Perception +7 (+9 Traps), Stealth +13)
Glorfin wrote:
"We are already wary of banditry, the earthquake is a curious event... but we will ken more only by drawing nearer."

"Yae hae a funny way a saying things, friend, but Oi like it!"

-------------

Maegge wrote:
"He grazed all of yesterday evening. Maybe it was something you said, instead? He doesn't understand words as such, but definitely tone of voice... and you do seem to shout a lot,"

"Whot?!! Something Oi said?!!! Is there something wrang with the tone o' mae voice?! Yae think Oi shout tae much dae yae?" Catching himself with his voice raised, Tybek stops for a breath and then continues talking, but trying to be quieter this time. "Well, Oi'm certainly not a wee moose, yae ken. Oi'm nae aboot tae let anybody tell mae what tae dae and Oi'm certainly not shy aboot tellin others whit Oi think as well!"

Mebbae Oi am loud? Oi didnae think so, but mebbae it was all mae time in the gaol that now makes me want tae shout. Well at least nobody has trouble hearin what Oi hae tae say. Oi just hope that beast o'er there daenae decide tae charge me wid those rack of antlers on it!

-----------------

Later on, when Tybek discretely approaches Ranim with a brief comment. "Excuse me, Lass! Wait a moment, Oi hae a few words Oi want tae say tae yae. Oi just wanted tae say that yer music was quite inspiring during the battle earlier today. Oi felt like a might hero swinging mae axe and all. Oi was imagining that Oi was ane of mae great dwarven heroes, Albek Hammersmith, the Hero of Maheto!"

Tybek's eyes brighten up as he thinks about his great axe wielding hero.

"Speakin O' music. Yae ken, Oi fancy maeself as a fine musician as well. Some day Oi wid be happy tae accompany yae if yae wid permit me? Well, we'll just hae tae see if the richt moment comes along for oor wee duet. Mind yae, Oi cannae dae it while Oi'm swinging mae axe!"


[(HP 20/26 | AC15 T11 FF13 CMD16 | F+2 R+4 W+2 | Inish +1 Per +3 S.M. +5) Female Suli Bard 3

Fine with the watch schedule as well.

As the earthquake happens, Ranim awakens, though her thoughts remain focused on the sounds. As the others discuss, she simply strains to listen. "I must admit, as frightening a thing as it is, there is a certain beauty to the sounds, as the earth reverberates and rends, an almost musical quality to it. I truly hope no one was hurt, but what a joy to understand the sounds and make them into music."

No longer hearing the sounds, she begins to ready her things for the morning travel, unobservant of any looks from her companions.

Knowledge (Nature): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19


[(HP 20/26 | AC15 T11 FF13 CMD16 | F+2 R+4 W+2 | Inish +1 Per +3 S.M. +5) Female Suli Bard 3
Tybek Odeon wrote:

Later on, when Tybek discretely approaches Ranim with a brief comment. "Excuse me, Lass! Wait a moment, Oi hae a few words Oi want tae say tae yae. Oi just wanted tae say that yer music was quite inspiring during the battle earlier today. Oi felt like a might hero swinging mae axe and all. Oi was imagining that Oi was ane of mae great dwarven heroes, Albek Hammersmith, the Hero of Maheto!"

Tybek's eyes brighten up as he thinks about his great axe wielding hero.

"Speakin O' music. Yae ken, Oi fancy maeself as a fine musician as well. Some day Oi wid be happy tae accompany yae if yae wid permit me? Well, we'll just hae tae see if the richt moment comes along for oor wee duet. Mind yae, Oi cannae dae it while Oi'm swinging mae axe!"

Ranim smiles at Tybek's compliment of her role in the battle. "I can only do so much, and I'm afraid there is greater value in my performance than my own skill at arms. Though I will of course assist as able. I find inciting the will of others to greater glory can truly make a difference, witnessed during the few bandit attacks endured when traveling with my father's troupe. I was little aid combating them directly, yet was able to strive them forward. A little thing, but one I believe made a difference then, and will do so now." Her own confidence in her skill is obvious.

At the mention of a duet, Ranim considers what hidden talents the dwarf may have. "You'll have to introduce me to your skills when we have a chance so that we can better prepare. What areas of expertise do you favor?"


Dwarf Rogue 3 (hp: 31/31, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14, Perception +7 (+9 Traps), Stealth +13)
Ranim wrote:
"You'll have to introduce me to your skills when we have a chance so that we can better prepare. What areas of expertise do you favor?"

Tybek responds with a strangely happy grin hidden under his bushy beard. "Well, Oi'm nae much O' a singer, but Oi like keepin time! Oi use tae be a watchmaker, and keeping a steady beat was crucial tae the work. Sae Oi purchased a drum that Oi strike wid mae sticks and Oi'm always happy tae play along wid others. Just letmae ken when yae want tae perform, and Oi'll be happy tae tak oot mae instrument."


Profile not in use

Assuming we're talk n walk-ing now

Glorfin trudges steadily onward with the idle banter of his companions filtering in and out of the ambient sounds of nature around him. Those he walked beside were far different than the dwarves he dwelt with in Rolgrimmdur... and it was taking some time to adjust.


HP 25/25; Per +12 (+2 outside); AC 16, Touch 14, Flat 13; Gimpy HP 28/28; Per +6; AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14

As they begin travelling for the second day, Maegge is much more keen on keeping a lookout for potential danger.

It wasn't only the feeling of finally being done with Lumber Consortium, or even necessarily something as novel as an earthquake... but the homey, idle chatter and sense of purpose of something to do lifted his mood, filling his sails with the whiff of the spirit of adventure.


18 Arodus 4711

After packing up following the early morning wake up call caused by the earthquake, the group once again begins its voyage toward Hommlet. For most of the day, they continue across the broad and parched plains that you all have become used to. Every hour or two you see a small group of trees, some near the trail, some farther away. About noontime you pass a single farm house, but it appears deserted and shut up. Looking at the fields, it appears that the farmer gave up on the land several months earlier.

As early evening approaches, you begin to see the ground rise before you and you know that you are now finally reaching the foothills of the Fog Peaks which you have begun to see far to the north with their peaks capped in snow. Also, as you reach the hills, the trail becomes more rugged and you can tell that if this land was ever farmed, it was many years ago, likely even before the death of Aroden.

As your legs are becoming weary from the long day's walk, Maegge spots a ravine on the side of one hill with a small pond in it. As with the day before, the water appears to be stagnant and likely not potable. However, using powers of nature, Maegge once again makes the water safe to drink, although it retains a rather bitter aftertaste.

This night you find enough dead wood in the scrub to make a small fire which all appreciate as when the sun sets in the west, you feel the cool breeze blowing down off the high peaks to the north. While the sky is completely clear when you first make camp and go to bed, about midnight just after Glorfin and Tybek take over the watch duties, you notice that clouds begin to form to the north blocking out the beautiful stars. Soon, the clouds have moved south and the wind becomes colder, almost biting. With this, everyone gathers around the fire more closely, watching out from the warmth and expecting something, but nothing appears.

After a few hours of shivering and maintaining their watch, Glorfin and Tybek awaken Arindale and Braden for their morning watch. Soon after being awakened, Arindale feels something wet land on his nose, and shortly thereafter the ground is blanketed in a thin layer of snow. If not for your bedrolls and the fire, it would have been a long and potentially dangerous night.

When morning rolls around, the ground is covered in 2-3 inches of snow. Just as the sun begins to rise in the east, the clouds which caused the snow begin to dissipate. With the snow on the ground, you would not know that his is still the middle Arodus, one of the hottest months in Taldor. However, you can feel the warm rays of the sun and imagine that within a few hours, the snow will be nothing but a memory. However, for those of you from the south, this snow is a new wonder, something you have heard about but never seen in Oppara and rarely seen in the Verduran Forest.


Dwarf Rogue 3 (hp: 31/31, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14, Perception +7 (+9 Traps), Stealth +13)

Tybek keeps careful watch, but passes the time by chatting and complaining to Glorfin.

"Brrr! It's already tae cauld, and Oi canna get any closer tae the fire! Glorfin, hae yae ever seen snow b'fore? We had it in the peaks outsid O' Maheto. It was always wet and when it came, mae pa always put me to work shoveling the stuff!"

Later, as he looks tae the sky, he adds, "Karruffikus! Wid yae look at the sky?! It's gettin cloudy and Oi dannae hae a noice view O the stars any mair! Oi always like the constellations b'cause yae can predict whot they're gonnae dae. It's nae like some o' the folk Oi've met! Did yae ken that stars are like the world's own clock? Oi just canna tell the time when the damn clouds get in the way!"


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) AC 20 HP 29/29 F: +5 R: +2 W:+5 Perc: +2

Arindale mucks around in the snow for a while before admitting, I'm not really prepared to travel in the snow, this is the first time I have ever seen the sticky stuff.
We'd better get going before we all freeze to death!

With that he packs up his gears and mule and readies himself for the journey...


Knowledge(nature) or Knowledge(geography) or Knowledge(local) DC12:

It is highly unusual to have snow at this time of year, the Fog Peaks are frequently capped with snow, but this low down in the foothills you would not expect snow for at least another 2-3 months.


HP 25/25; Per +12 (+2 outside); AC 16, Touch 14, Flat 13; Gimpy HP 28/28; Per +6; AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14

Knowledge (Nature): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

"You know, we don't see snow very often down in the Verduran Forest, but it doesn't seem natural for there to be snow at this time of year. Just look how hot and parched the land is!"


Dwarf Rogue 3 (hp: 31/31, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14, Perception +7 (+9 Traps), Stealth +13)

Knowledge, Local 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Arindale wrote:
"I'm not really prepared to travel in the snow, this is the first time I have ever seen the sticky stuff. "

"Aye, it's really gud fer throwing tae!" *Har Har*

Tybek laughs his boisterous laugh as he throws a snowball at Arindale.


Profile not in use

On watch with Tybek:

Glorfin endures the chatter stoically, unbothered as he is by the cold "Aye Tybek, I have seen snow and been much colder than this besides. We had little call for the time of the stars in Rolgrimmdur. We counted the hours by the tolling of the watch bells and changing of the guard. Above ground it seems simpler than below... walk until it is dark and then sleep until light again."

Snow in the morning:

Glorfin's brow furrows a while as he considers the queer turn of weather Lightning, cracked earth and ice from above... surely something perverts the seasons for such events to be so close together. Regardless there is little that can be done but continue onwards towards where his patron has bidden him go.


The early morning snow makes the treck toward Hommlet even slower than before. Your shoes are wet and muddy before the snow finally melts by mid-morning. The trail continues on a generally north-west tact with the sun in the south beaming down brightly and causing the land to warm up to the hot parched realm you have become used to over the past few days.

You stop for your midday meal - the halflings have eaten two other meals in between while riding their mounts - at the top of a hill and look around you to see nothing but dry land with dead grass, drought stricken shrubs, and the occasional forlorn tree holding out against the elements.

About mid-afternoon, the path drops down to follow a stream bed through a narrow gully between two hills.

Perception DC 22:

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

As you enter the gully, you think you see something moving up ahead.

Perception DC 29:

You see several small humanoids concealed in the rocks above the gully about 100 feet ahead.


HP 25/25; Per +12 (+2 outside); AC 16, Touch 14, Flat 13; Gimpy HP 28/28; Per +6; AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23

Maegge, looking around the gully as they enter the mouth, clenches his hands on Gimpy's fur to signal him to stop moving. Turning around, he speaks lowly to Glorfin and Tybek behind him, "I think I saw something moving up ahead somewhere. Me and Gimpy will try to get a better look, but be prepared."

"That means no shouting, Tybek," he grins and winks at the time-obsessed dwarf to make sure he knew Maegge was only kidding.

Moving ahead slowly on Gimpy, Maegge keeps low hoping to avoid notice - or at least not be noticed atop Gimpy and only be seen as an elk coming down to water.

Stealth (Maegge): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Stealth (Gimpy): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) AC 20 HP 29/29 F: +5 R: +2 W:+5 Perc: +2

Arindale takes a quick quaff from his Wineskin (beer) and then begins to mutter a quick prayer to Cayden. He is about to cast a spell when he thinks better of it. He turns to Ranim...Maybe a quick song to cover any preparations we may need?

If she does start to sing a song he joins in and then casts a spell Cast Guidance.but doesn't draw a weapon...


HP 25/25; Per +12 (+2 outside); AC 16, Touch 14, Flat 13; Gimpy HP 28/28; Per +6; AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14

Just saw my Stealth rolls... good thing I'm getting the low ones out of the way for when the next combat occurs!


Dwarf Rogue 3 (hp: 31/31, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14, Perception +7 (+9 Traps), Stealth +13)

As Tybek trudges through the melting snowy slush, he complains to whoever will listen to him.

"Some o' yae may like the snow, but this is always the trouble wid it! Yer feet get wet and next thing yae ken, yer toes start tae get blisters fra all the rubbin against yer boot! Ach! This is nae gud! It just willnae do! Who's idea was this tae come this way anyway?"

By mid afternoon, Tybek follows the path through the stream bed toward the narrow gully between two hills.

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Maegge wrote:
"I think I saw something moving up ahead somewhere. Me and Gimpy will try to get a better look, but be prepared. That means no shouting, Tybek,"

"Grrrrr! Are yae sure?! Ach! Oi dannae hae time fer this!" Tybek grumbles as he takes a quick glance at his pocket watch. As the clockmaker rogue watches Maegge try to sneak away, the young dwarf quickly becomes agitated and whispers to Glorfin. "Wid yae look at that?!!! That wee fella is makin sae much noise, mae Granny Odeon could hear 'em in her sleep. And she's deaf as a door post! And wid yae look at that horned beastie he brings wid him! How obvious can yae be?! Here, let me show yae how its done. And fer mae time log, note that Oi'm in armor tae boot!"

Tybek draws his battleaxe and creeps forward to get a better view, but tries to keep some distance from the noisy halfling and his noisier elk.

Stealth 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 8 - 2 = 20


[(HP 20/26 | AC15 T11 FF13 CMD16 | F+2 R+4 W+2 | Inish +1 Per +3 S.M. +5) Female Suli Bard 3

"A song? What did you have in mind, Arindale?" Ranim begins to hum a few tunes, waiting for a response. She attempts to follow Maegge's path away, quickly losing track of the small creature.

Did you want me to Inspire Courage now? Or am I missing something?

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Hobbit [hp = 19/22; AC14/T14/ff11; F +1; R+3; W+4 CMD 12]

Range touch 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 After waking to a snow covered ground, Braden can't help join in the snowball fight (after breakfast, of course). He had almost forgot how much fun a snowball fight could be. He also realized his aim was a little off, and he comes out of the snowball fight getting the worst of it.

Later upon reaching the gully, Braden watches Maegge go ahead. After the ambush the previous day, Braden doesn't take any chances, and begins to cast the spell to summon a dog to aid his friend. A dimensional portal begins to open about twenty to thirty feet in front of the mounted hobbit.
Mount stationary: Summon Monster I - dog

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

riding dog:

Dog, Riding

This burly dog is fitted with a small saddle. A low, menacing growl rumbles up from its chest.

Riding Dog CR 1

XP 400

N Medium Animal

Init +2; Senses low-light vision, scent; Perception +8

Defense

AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 11 (+2 Dex, +1 natural)

hp 13 (2d8+4)

Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1

Offense

Speed 40 ft.

Melee bite +3 (1d6+3 plus trip)

Statistics

Str 15, Dex 15, Con 15, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 6

Base Atk +1; CMB +3; CMD 15 (19 vs. trip)

Feats Skill Focus (Perception)

Skills Acrobatics +6 (+14 jumping), Perception +8, Survival +1 (+5 scent tracking); Racial Modifiers +4 Acrobatics when jumping, +4 Survival when tracking by scent


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) AC 20 HP 29/29 F: +5 R: +2 W:+5 Perc: +2

Just something to distract whoever they are while we wiggle our fingers!

Not your inspire, just a normal tune to cover up our spellcasting...


Profile not in use

Glorfin considers the words and actions of his companions for a few moments. Knowing that stealth is beyond him and given their numbers it is unlikely that all would remain hidden... he sets out to give the others the best chance possible to act unhindered.

Unlimbering his shield from shoulder to his arm Glorfin begins to chant in a deep and loud voice in Common as he continues to idly stroll ahead...

"With a good sword and a trusty shield
A faithful heart and true
Rolgrimmdur's men shall understand
What Dwarvish men can do
And have they fixed the where and when?
And shall The Five Kings die?
Here's twenty thousand Dwarvish men
Will know the reason why."

Bastardization of a cornish mining song.

251 to 300 of 3,447 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Temple of Elemental Evil - The black heart of natural catastrophe. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.