Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Temple of Elemental Evil - Delving the depths of the Abyss on Golarian.

Game Master Tirion Jörðhár

The classic AD&D Temple of Elemental Evil - with a Pathfinder and Golarian twist.

Village of Hommlet - with building numbers <-- Legend in Campaign Info


201 to 250 of 3,447 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

HP 25/25; Per +12 (+2 outside); AC 16, Touch 14, Flat 13; Gimpy HP 28/28; Per +6; AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14

Inspire Courage is +1 attack and damage as competence bonuses.


Tybek should have made a reflex save to avoid being entangled, but since you took the -2 attack penalty anyway, no harm, no foul.

Round 2 - midway through round

With another mighty swing of his axe, Tybek slices into the tracker's other leg wiping the smile off his face and causing him to fall to the ground bleeding out. A moment later, the clingy vines suddenly disappear. Seeing their leader fall, the two warriors turn their bows and fire at Tybek before fleeing back into the bushes behind them.

Attack-shortbow(Tybek): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Attack-shortbow(Tybek): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 -->Hit
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

The two warriors have fled back into the copse of trees. The copse is difficult terrain if you wish to follow them. Also, the trees are only a few hundred feet across in what is otherwise a broad, and fairly desolate, plains.


Hobbit [hp = 19/22; AC14/T14/ff11; F +1; R+3; W+4 CMD 12]

"They don't get away that easy."

In the blink of an eye Braden disappears from the spot he is in and is back on his dog again. He puts his mount into motion and heads off in pursuit, bearing right to avoid the trees.

"Come Maegge, we may not be Taldor Horse, but we can catch these ruffians. Tybek, we're coming."

Shift to mounted on dog. Full move on riding dog. Avoiding the forest and heading right along the 18 row.


HP 25/25; Per +12 (+2 outside); AC 16, Touch 14, Flat 13; Gimpy HP 28/28; Per +6; AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14

Maegge, who'd never dismounted from Gimpy, follows Braden - mostly to escape Glorfin's glare.

This would have to be my Round 3 Move Action, depending on if combat is effectively over or not. If it's relevant Gimpy's tactical speed is 35 feet adjusted from 50 due to carrying capacity encumbrance of Maegge and his gear.


Dwarf Rogue 3 (hp: 31/31, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14, Perception +7 (+9 Traps), Stealth +13)

Round 2, continued

Tybek sends the enemy bandit down to the ground with his trusty axe.

"Next time, pick on someone yer own size!"

Reflex Saving Throw 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

However, once the bandit is down, he kicks his feet to avoid the plants and races onward to take down the next ruffian. This time he strides over to -A3.

This completes the move portion and the standard action for Tybek's round 2. However, if he is permitted an AOO against the archer at -B3 when the thug fires, here is Tybek's attack.

AOO @ -B3

Battle Axe 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Damage 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

However, even with the young dwarf's ferocity toward thugs, he still gets hit by an arrow.

"Yae damn bastard! It's time Oi teach yae a lesson as well!"


Tybek - since you went before Maegge, the area was still affected by the Entangle spell. Thus, it was Difficult Terrain and I believe you are limited to 10' movement (1/2 normal).


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) AC 20 HP 29/29 F: +5 R: +2 W:+5 Perc: +2

Yes sorry Divine Favor...lol, not gettin Divine Power for a while!.
Arindale will double move to the edge of the woods A,10.

Can I still see him since he was only able to move 15'?


AC: 18
HP: 11
Inspire Courage 2/3
Divine Favor 9/10

I guess we are chasing them?


Think of the scrub you see in those sets of trees in between fields in the US Midwest, pretty thick. That is essentially what you are looking at. These guys knew their positions and had set up where they could retreat if necessary. You are free to track them through the copse with either a Perception or Survival roll.
.
Add +5 on the roll since you know where they started from. If you make the roll, then you will get the same bonus next round. (I doubt this has anything to do with RAW, but seems realistic.)
.
If you want to shoot at them, they have 50% (1-50 on d100) cover at present (essentially you are guessing where they went.)


Profile not in use

Round 2:

Rendered as ineffectual as a statue as the chaos and combat flared with vibrance before dying down just as quickly - Glorfin turns from Maegge to find the grasping plants fade away and the bounty hunter collapse in a spray of crimson blood. Realising he had no speed with which to chase the fleeing woodsmen, Glorfin instead hustled to the side of the fallen man.

As he neared he saw that Tybek's axe had wrought bloody ruin... but he had to try. Dropping to his knees, Glorfin attempted to find if the man's life could be saved...
Heal (first aid): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


Dwarf Rogue 3 (hp: 31/31, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14, Perception +7 (+9 Traps), Stealth +13)
Arindale wrote:
"I guess we are chasing them?"

"Aye, gae and get the cowardly bastards! They've nae heard the last of mae! But Oi'm nae so good at joggin wid an arrow in mae leg! Just bring 'em back and mae axe will dae the job!"

As he notices Glorfin leading over to apply first aid to the fallen thug, Tybek calls out, "What in Hades are yae daein trying to help that bugger?! Are yae daft?! Oi'm yer own kinsman and Oi am the one wid an arrow in his leg! Yae should be o'er here helpin me wid my wounds! Ach! That bully bugger drew blood first and deserves tae die!"


Profile not in use

Not looking up from where thick hands try in vain Glorfin responds "Stow your anger and think for a moment. For now Maegge is thought of only as a thief, and regardless of their actions.. these men were acting in pursuit of a law. If this one is allowed to die, then he and us will be branded murderers as well." pausing for a few moments before adding "Besides... if you've breath enough to complain you can wait for succor."

Gender Edit - I blame typing one handed with a baby on my chest. Apologies.


Dwarf Rogue 3 (hp: 31/31, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14, Perception +7 (+9 Traps), Stealth +13)
Glorfin wrote:
"Stow your anger and think for a moment. For now Maegge is thought of only as a thief, and regardless of their actions.. these men were acting in pursuit of a law. If this one is allowed to die, then she and us will be branded murderers as well."

"Karuffikus! Ach! Mebbae yer richt, but it just isnae right that these brigands are considered the law, and we folk are considered the outlaws! Oi've seen this b'fore and it isnae just! Besides, they are cowards tae boot! Did yae see them fire their arrows and then run away like a wee cat being chased by a dug! Oi dannae see any honor in that! Grrrr! Why dannae they stand and fight like a real warrior?! Oi'd show them real justice!!"


HP 25/25; Per +12 (+2 outside); AC 16, Touch 14, Flat 13; Gimpy HP 28/28; Per +6; AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14

Maegge's a dude! Nameselectionfail... lol

Round 3 / after combat

Maegge, instead of chasing after the Consortium thugs, takes heed of Glorfin's words. What happened with Gimpy could be argued either way, but to allow this man to die if it could be prevented would confirm him and his new friends as murderers.

Heal to determine if the tracker is still alive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

If the tracker is still alive after Tybek dealt him 23 damage over two rounds,

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) AC 20 HP 29/29 F: +5 R: +2 W:+5 Perc: +2
Glorfin Umbar-Caeli wrote:

Not looking up from where thick hands try in vain Glorfin responds "Stow your anger and think for a moment. For now Maegge is thought of only as a thief, and regardless of their actions.. these men were acting in pursuit of a law. If this one is allowed to die, then he and us will be branded murderers as well." pausing for a few moments before adding "Besides... if you've breath enough to complain you can wait for succor."

Gender Edit - I blame typing one handed with a baby on my chest. Apologies.

Arindale looks back at Glorfin, Looks more to me like they were looking for revenge and were willing to kill us to get it. We defended ourselves and they are guilty of attempted murder...

perception 1d20 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 2 + 5 = 24 assuming I spot his position with that roll

Arindale asks for Cayden's blessing, Free action activate Agile Feet and charge into the forest no difficult terrain to the persons position and attack.

morningstar atk divine favor inspire charge ferocious 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 3 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 23 dam 1d8 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 7

Arindale charges off into the woods and attacks the other "bandit".
Drop your weapon or I will drop you!


Sorry for the delay, long day and you guys had a ton of posts to work through, hopefully I have everything, let me know if I missed anything.

Glorfin runs up to the fallen tracker, but is unable to ascertain whether he is still alive, or already deceased. He is followed a moment later by Maegge who hops down off Gimpy, takes a quick look at the tracker and determines that he still has a little life left, but not much. Calling upon the powers of nature, you see a brief green glow surround the tracker and then a cough as he spits up blood and looks at you all with fear in his eyes.

At the same time as Glorfin and Maegge are healing the enemy, Braden teleports himself onto his dog and blindly takes off around the copse of trees. As he gets around, he hears the crunching of breaking branches from within the trees.

Simultaneously, Arindale takes off through the trees with an unnatural speed and grace, quickly negotiating through the difficult branches and scrub until he is directly behind the fleeing archer who he strikes in the back of the head knocking the archer forward and to the ground. Bleeding profusely, the man immediately drops his bow and raises his hands in a sign of submission.

During this time, Tybek begins to take off after one of the fleeing archers before looking into the trees and realizing that it would be slow going for his short city legs. He then returns and gives rather dirty looks to the paladin and druid as they work to stabilize the enemy he just took down.


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) AC 20 HP 29/29 F: +5 R: +2 W:+5 Perc: +2

Arindal takes the man's bow before walking him back to the group...Here is one of the men. he pushes the man to the ground next to his fellow.


[(HP 20/26 | AC15 T11 FF13 CMD16 | F+2 R+4 W+2 | Inish +1 Per +3 S.M. +5) Female Suli Bard 3

Ranim comes up to the fallen tracker, surrounded by Glorfin and Maegge. As she kneels down to speak to him, she gives her most brilliant smile. "Perhaps you should relax and spare a moment to discuss your mission. Your quarry did just spare your life."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
Add 1 if charming applies.


Dwarf Rogue 3 (hp: 31/31, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14, Perception +7 (+9 Traps), Stealth +13)
Arindale wrote:
Arindale takes the man's bow before walking him back to the group ...Here is one of the men. He pushes the man to the ground next to his fellow.

"Noice work, mae friend!" Tybek exclaims as Arindale returns with the villainous archer. He then hobbles up to the bandit and says, "Are yae the thug that shot me wid an arrow?! Oi cannae believe that yae wid shoot a dwarf simply b'cause yae want a pet of an elk that daesnae belong tae yae anyway! Well, yer arrow in mae leg sure makes me mad and if it wasnnae fer my kind and forgiving companions, Oi would let mae axe show yae my displeasure! Now, Oi suggest yae answer any questions mae comrades put tae yae or Oi'lll cut yer arms off!"

Aid other in Diplomacy 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (2) - 2 = 0


HP 25/25; Per +12 (+2 outside); AC 16, Touch 14, Flat 13; Gimpy HP 28/28; Per +6; AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14

Speaking to no one in particular, Maegge spoke the one thought predominant in his mind, "I think one good question to ask would be whether he considers 'a life for a life' to be a good trade or not."

"Gimpy was caught in a trap for days with no food or water, and in considerable pain from a shattered leg." Looking now directly into the tracker's eyes, "It would be Nature's justice to leave you injured and alone out here with no supplies or expectation of assistance. Would you like that? Or would you prefer to go home to whatever wife and children you may have, to rest and drink the nights away? If you want the latter, would you consider it a valid trade: Gimpy's life, for your own? I don't care what you tell your bosses in the Consortium, so long as I don't see or hear of you coming after Gimpy and me ever again."


Hobbit [hp = 19/22; AC14/T14/ff11; F +1; R+3; W+4 CMD 12]

Braden rides to the other of the trees to cut off the retreat route. "Surrender, you do not want to be ridden down by dogs." Braden shifts off his dog and begin to cast. A dimensional portal begins to open about thirty feet in front of him.

Full move for dog - Shift+Cast Monster Summoning I - dog.
I'll get a dog template for the character sheet and post it in a spoiler next round when the dog appears. It will be a recurring theme :-)


After having charged his way through the scrub, the second archer suddenly runs out of the copse scratched and looking a little worse for the wear. The first thing he sees is a small man sitting astride a dog, as he goes to draw an arrow figuring that at the distance it is to his advantage, suddenly another dog appears before him and he drops his bow and raises his hands realizing that his distance advantage has been nullified.

A few minutes later, the rest of the group sees Braden return on his dog escorting the last archer before him. Just after Arindale escorted a bleeding and scratched archer from the woods carrying his bow in one hand.

The archers look fearful, not knowing what will happen to them, the tracker on the other hand has recovered some of his composure, despite the deep gouges. Ramin's sweet words work to soften his demeanor somewhat. However, Tybek's attempt to further soften the trackers resolve instead sound venomous and insulting. The tracker looks from one to another before settling his gaze on Glorfin.

Bah, you are not going to hurt us. I do not know what god that strange symbol on your shield is, but from your actions, you are not of the nature to kill us or leave us here defenseless.


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) AC 20 HP 29/29 F: +5 R: +2 W:+5 Perc: +2

I wouldn't be so sure about him...but I could! he glares at the man. He then looks to Glorf for his response...


Hobbit [hp = 19/22; AC14/T14/ff11; F +1; R+3; W+4 CMD 12]

Braden returns and says, "We bring these men back to the Taldor Horse. We need to remind the corporal these men attacked us because they felt the Taldor Horse was overextended and couldn't cover this lawless area."

Looking at the leader, "I am sure your comments about the Taldor Horse will earn you special treatment in their camp."

Braden addresses Glorfin, "Judging and disciplining these men is a responsibility we do not need. In this case, a problem delegated is a problem solved."


Dwarf Rogue 3 (hp: 31/31, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14, Perception +7 (+9 Traps), Stealth +13)

How far was this encounter from Yanmass?

Braden wrote:
"We bring these men back to the Taldor Horse. We need to remind the corporal these men attacked us because they felt the Taldor Horse was overextended and couldn't cover this lawless area."

"Oi dannae ken what gud it'll dae, but if we can get a few sails oot of the deal, then let's dae it. Let's bring 'em back tae Yanmass. However, if any o' these ruffians try any funny stuff, Oi'd be happy to assist wid mae axe. It cannae be mae fault if there is an accident!"


Profile not in use

Weekend intervened... good thing Glorfin doesn't think quickly anyways :P

A flicker of relief crosses Glorfin's features as the man is saved from immediate death... though it is quickly swallowed by the stony facade that is usually upon his face. Smoothing his beard with one gauntleted hand he hears all that is said and mulls upon it before responding to one and all. His words are careful, yet even and resolute.

"Do not mistake compassion for weakness hunter... your fate is not defined and hangs yet in the balance. The need may yet come to stave in your skull... and mark my words in the name of Angradd, if it needs be done - then it will be by my hand." settling a dispassionate gaze upon the man for a few moments to ensure that the words are heard.

"Your actions against us were ill meant and without honor... and because of them you find yourself in the same state as the stag was. Wounded and trapped, desperate for a means to endure... I will give you an opportunity to raise yourself above your nature and walk from this place freely. Here is what I propose:"

"One, your weapons are forfeit to Tybek as weregild for the injury that you have caused him unlawfully.
Two, in lieu of the purported theft of the deer... I refute your claim. The deer was beholden to Maegge before your imprisonment and torture. To assuage his and his companion's suffering you are to surrender your purse to him as weregild.
Three, we will draft statements of witness that surrenders the Lumber Consortium's threat against Maegge in exchange for us surrendering our rightful claim against you and your companions for assaulting us."
and at the completion he looks to the aggrieved parties Tybek and Maegge to determine if they wished to add to the terms he had proposed.

"If you do not accede... then I offer you one other means to resolve this dispute. Face me in trial by combat... to the death. If I defeat you then your companions will be released with your body but not your possessions. Defeat me, and I would offer my own possessions to settle the debt held against Maegge."

"But choose quickly hunter... my patience has been taxed already and wears thin."


Dwarf Rogue 3 (hp: 31/31, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14, Perception +7 (+9 Traps), Stealth +13)
Glorfin wrote:
. . . and at the completion he looks to the aggrieved parties Tybek and Maegge to determine if they wished to add to the terms he had proposed.

"Aye this is a gud start, but yae need tae include something tae the effect that if we ever catch this thug assaulting or extorting from the gud and innocent people o' this land again, especially the wee folk, then we get tae use him as a target fer me tae practice mae skill wid the axe."


The tracker carefully watches Glorfin as he makes his pronouncement, when Glorfin finishes, he is about to speak when Tybek again interrupts and makes his moderately decipherable demand. After pausing for a moment to see if anyone else wants to add anything, he speaks.

You can have the weapons, and these two useless men who fled when they first saw blood drawn. As far as my purse goes, you will not find much as it is rather empty, it would have been much fuller when I returned with the midget.

You have already disarmed him, he then tosses his pouch to you. It contains 6 Sails, 19 Wolves and 17 Caps. The archers also toss you their pouches which contain another 3 Sails, 12 Wolves and 12 Caps total.

If you wish to draw a contract with the Lumber Consortium, I will willfully sign it.

Sense Motive DC19:

You sense that he is lying and likely has no authority to bind the Lumber Consortium.


Profile not in use

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Glorfin nods somberly before turning to Maegge to hear his assent or denial of the terms stated.


Hobbit [hp = 19/22; AC14/T14/ff11; F +1; R+3; W+4 CMD 12]

Braden was almost ready to get out some paper, but looks at the leader. "He has no authority or intent to bind the Lumber Consortium. I will not waste my paper. If you don't want to bring them back, I guess we see how they can handle themselves penniless, unarmed, and injured in these lawless lands. Maegge, that might describe Gimpy's condition when you found him."
Sense motive 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20


HP 25/25; Per +12 (+2 outside); AC 16, Touch 14, Flat 13; Gimpy HP 28/28; Per +6; AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14

Maegge, under scrutiny from pretty much everyone, hesitates in making a decision and turns to Braden.

"What do you think? Can we trust him?"


Profile not in use

"It may not bind his employers... but it is his word, as best as he might give it. And as he is their agent it should carry some weight to a neutral party if it ever came to that."

Turning to Maegge he adds "The choice is yours... and yours alone."

Gritting his teeth somewhat as he continues on to Braden "If it is such an umbrage to you I will pay you for your services to scribe."


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) AC 20 HP 29/29 F: +5 R: +2 W:+5 Perc: +2

Arindale comes over to stand next to Maegge.

I think it sounds like a fair enough deal for him.
Don't worry Maegge...even if he isn't true to his word, if they decide to attack us again, we will not go so easy on them the next time.
We should leave them with enough money to make it to Yanmass don't you think?

he says warning the men in a stern voice...he then switches to his happy voice...
Let's keep going, I don't feel like going back to that town. The monsters, danger, and treasure are that way!


Hobbit [hp = 19/22; AC14/T14/ff11; F +1; R+3; W+4 CMD 12]

"His words are false. As I said, he has no authority or intent to honor this. The paper is being signed under duress, so it is not really valid anyway. Forcing an injured person to sign a paper or be killed in individual combat is not the best way to obtain a binding written agreement."

Braden looks at Glorfin, "I guess paying me to be a part of this sham sign or die contract is not meant to be an insult? I would just be taking it that way if I feel preparing such a document would reflect upon my honor and imply that the price of my honor was only scribing services?"

Braden continues, "You have demanded his weapons and money and that he sign a document. You have received two out of three. The two things you have obtained have value while the third has negative value to those that believe in the sanctity of business contracts like I do. I would say negotiations were successful."

"I recommended against judging and disciplining these men. But it is expedient and, it turns out, profitable. I think we are done here."

Turning to Maegge Braden's face shows a genuine smile, "You chose to heal this man rather than pursue those that sought to harm you. I do not know if I could have done the same, and I am proud to travel with you. If that act of compassion hasn't reached this man, no written piece of paper will."


The tracker listens as you all talk back and forth.

You can have the gold, I will probably get it back in a few days. All I need to do is follow you. I am sure that I will find your bodies strung out along the road. You clearly have no clue what these wilds hold. Bandits, goblins, gnolls, and other less civilized monsters. You will fall prey to one of them.


HP 25/25; Per +12 (+2 outside); AC 16, Touch 14, Flat 13; Gimpy HP 28/28; Per +6; AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14

Feeling rather set upon and caught in the middle between Braden and Glorfin, Maegge dithers for a minute to think. Coming at last to a decision, he at last stands erect as tall as a Halfling can.

"My decision is that, since I cannot trust you to speak for the Lumber Consortium, I must trust you to speak for yourself and your men. I require your oath on your honor that you will proceed directly to Yanmass and there wait a period of two weeks before returning directly to your masters to report your experiences this day. You will NOT attempt to follow me and these others. I will forego the portion of... wear-gild," he stumbles over the unfamiliar word, "requested on my and Gimpy's behalf in recompense for the deed that first set you on my path. Your final requirement as part of this oath is that you report to your masters that they drop the matter entirely. Gimpy and I shall not be hounded; the potential value for you gain by doing so has already been exceeded by its cost. Should you take this oath, and we later discover you to have violated any of its particulars, your life shall be forfeit."

"I will not compel such an oath from you: an oath made under duress is no oath at all. But, to quote the dwarf," he gestures at Glorfin, "the choice - and its consequences - is yours."

Taking a deep breath, Maegge waited for the tracker's reply.


HP 25/25; Per +12 (+2 outside); AC 16, Touch 14, Flat 13; Gimpy HP 28/28; Per +6; AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14

OK, I guess the tracker gave his reply while I was giving my verdict.

"If you are so convinced we'll meet an early end out here, then you have little to lose by taking the oath I offered."


Before the tracker has a chance to respond, one of the archers speaks up: I shall take your oath. He - gesturing toward the tracker - would desert us. As he says this, the other archer nods in agreement.

The tracker again listens and sneers at the archers. You really are worthless, go crawl back to your homes, but remember, I can follow you just as well as this group of buffoons.

Turning back to Maegge: You have my word, but I have no authority with the Lumber Consortium, as you are already aware. I will not return to them, which will require me to find another employer. I just hope you do not fall into the poor graces of them as well, for next time I will not retain two useless archers as I did this time.

Unless someone stops him, he turns and begins to walk back toward Yanmass.


Hobbit [hp = 19/22; AC14/T14/ff11; F +1; R+3; W+4 CMD 12]

Braden does move on his dog to stop him. "I think the alternative was a fight to the death with a dwarf. Or maybe you think you can outrun Dworkin here and my crossbow. I will give you a slight head start."


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) AC 20 HP 29/29 F: +5 R: +2 W:+5 Perc: +2

Arindale is tempted to strike the tracker who is obviously dark hearted

Looking at the two archers, Probably want to find someone else to work for. E's a piece of work. Now be on your way after giving your word!

Anyone still hurt? I have Cayden's blessing I can hand out! nodding towards the keg sitting on his mule...


Profile not in use

Glorfin turns and locks gaze with Braden. No words are said, though it is clear that he has taken personal insult at Braden's mocking of his proposal and Maegge's wholesale rejection of it. A few moments pass as Glorfin thinks before he turns to the hunter and intones "They reject my words and my honor, so I will not hold you to any terms of my making. With that, your fate is no longer of my concern. Fare well hunter."

Without turning back to any of the others, Glorfin stows his shield back upon his shoulder and checks that his warhammer is at easy reach. He then wordlessly moves back to the trail and continues on towards Hommlet.


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) AC 20 HP 29/29 F: +5 R: +2 W:+5 Perc: +2

Arindale senses the tension amongst them, but is confused considering we beat the bad guys. He sees Glorfin striding off...

@ Maegge and Braden, I think you hurt Glorf's feelings. He seems to place a lot on his honor and word and stuff.
We could use im with all we are going to face I bet. Just remember that.

He doesn't seem mad, just concerned that the group isn't working like a group of close friends...


Hobbit [hp = 19/22; AC14/T14/ff11; F +1; R+3; W+4 CMD 12]

Braden replies to Arindal simply, "Hobbits can actually put stock in honor and their word too. Neither one of mine isn't compromised for money, that is for sure."

Braden will approach Glorfin, "I have been told I am not very diplomatic. I do not reject your honor, and I do not want you to reject mine. Maybe we can use a mutual understanding that we both care about our honor and our word to understand each other better. Maybe even respect each other?"


Profile not in use

By the time Braden catches up to Glorfin he is already back upon the path and leaving the site of the ambush behind. Glorfin does not turn to face the halfling, and continues to walk as he replies "I have said nothing of your honor... though you have seen fit to judge me on mine. I acted in good faith to support Maegge and you rewarded me with naught but scorn and unsavory aspersion upon my actions."


Hobbit [hp = 19/22; AC14/T14/ff11; F +1; R+3; W+4 CMD 12]

Braden rejects some of his more cleverer retorts.

He gets a serious look on his face and speaks in a clear voice, carefully pronouncing his words: "I think we need to start over. I am Braden Montajay, scholar and wizard. Thank you for sticking up for Maegge and Gimpy. Pleased to meet you."

The hobbit dismounts from his dog without using magic and holds out his hand.


Feel free to continue your discussion, I am moving the action forward, but take all the time you need (presumably while walking during the remainder of the day).

After the tracker leaves, almost laughing at the though of you all facing against a better prepared enemy, the other two archers seem unsure of themselves. After receiving Cayden's blessing (I assume you used a channel energy to heal them as well as the arrow wound to Tybek), they also take to the trail back toward Yanmass, following slowly behind the tracker.

With that you all gather the weapons that you removed from the tracker and archers:

1 Composite Longbow (+2 Str)
2 Shortbows
1 Longsword
2 Shortswords
3 Daggers

Also as noted above the tracker had:
6 gp, 19 sp and 17 cp.

The archers had:
3 gp, 12 sp and 12 cp (combined)

Let me know whether you took all the weapons and all the money so that I can keep track of what you took with you and what you gave back.
_________________
Returning to the trail, you set forth again heading toward Hommlet. The remainder of the day is uneventful and after another three hours on the trail, the sun begins to creep towards the horizon in front of you. You spot ahead of you another copse of trees. A quick inspection shows that this one does not contain either Lumber Consortium agents, or anything else dangerous. Also within the copse is a small pool of water, you are unsure whether it is safe.

Maegge:

You recall how the elder druids used certain spells to purify food and water which would otherwise be dangerous to consume, although you have not prepared such a spell this day.

Assuming you all decide to make camp, please let me know what, if any, your watch schedule will be.


Profile not in use

Glorfin stops and turns to face Braden as he draws near. As the hand is extended he pauses a moment before extending his own "I am Glorfin Umbar-Caeli, born and raised in Rolgrimmdur among the dwarves of the Ninth Batallion. I trained for all my years of life to serve as as a soldier... but have abandoned that dream on the cusp of achieving it for another that I was given by my patron. I have not yet walked the world long enough to judge myself worthy of title, but I bear my heart upon my shield and my word is my bond." looking back to where Maegge and the others still stand "Thanks is heard but not needed. Maegge put himself in danger to serve another... I would be lesser if I did not stand between him and that which would strike him."


HP 25/25; Per +12 (+2 outside); AC 16, Touch 14, Flat 13; Gimpy HP 28/28; Per +6; AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14

Maegge, supposing himself and Gimpy at last free from the Lumber Consortium, keeps to himself in private thought for the remainder of the day's travel.

Reaching a place that seems a passable camp site for the night, Maegge checks the water for potability.

Survival (Take 10): 10 + 10 = 20


Maegge:

It appears as though this water has been standing here for a while and unless you all want upset stomachs for a few days, you probably do not want to drink it. From the terrain outside, you do not think that any of this water is from the storm that hit Yanmass the night before as the terrain around the copse is hard and parched.
If you memorized Purify Food & Drink, you could easily purify enough in the morning for the party as well as Gimpy, the dog and the mule.


[(HP 20/26 | AC15 T11 FF13 CMD16 | F+2 R+4 W+2 | Inish +1 Per +3 S.M. +5) Female Suli Bard 3

As the group resumes it's travels, making it's way onward towards Hommlet, Ranim can be heard humming along to herself, using the same tune she hummed during the battle. Occasionally she breaks out a line of song, still sung low as though to herself. Those who follow along her a story, familiar at first, detailing the great lord of the forest, given the form of an elk, rescued and protected from those who would prey upon it's lands.

Ranim isn't too concerned with what was taken from them.


Dwarf Rogue 3 (hp: 31/31, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14, Perception +7 (+9 Traps), Stealth +13)

Tybek collects all of the weapons and straps them to his backpack or inside it if it will fit.

"Aye, this should collect a pretty sail or twa when Oi get tae toon. However in the meantime, yae better start callin me Gimpy Twa, for unless Oi get some healin and care, Oi'm not gannae be walkin tae fast! Now, Arindale, does that drunken hero yae worship gie yae any divine powers other than drinken?! If the answer is yes, then get yer arse over here and let the healin begin!"

201 to 250 of 3,447 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Temple of Elemental Evil - The black heart of natural catastrophe. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.