Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Temple of Elemental Evil - Delving the depths of the Abyss on Golarian.

Game Master Tirion Jörðhár

The classic AD&D Temple of Elemental Evil - with a Pathfinder and Golarian twist.

Village of Hommlet - with building numbers <-- Legend in Campaign Info


151 to 200 of 3,447 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

HP 25/25; Per +12 (+2 outside); AC 16, Touch 14, Flat 13; Gimpy HP 28/28; Per +6; AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14

Despite his own lack of social grace, Maegge tugs on Braden's sleeve to get him out of there before the Corporal changes her mind.

Once outside the Corporal's office, he speaks up, "I guess that settles the issue of who's leading the pack. Sorry Braden, but it's going to have to be Glorfin who tracked down what we needed to know and even who to look for next."

Some pack, though... are we wolves, or about to become prey to those who truly are?


Hobbit [hp = 19/22; AC14/T14/ff11; F +1; R+3; W+4 CMD 12]

Braden thinks on Maegge's words. "Not in my mind. I think your criteria is a little oversimplified. Ranim would probably be an acceptable compromise."


Profile not in use

To Braden's comment Glorfin's brow furrows somewhat before he adds "Aye, I do... but hands meant for wielding hammers are not so delicate. I could scribe it myself... if you wished to follow a map that looked like it was scribbed in charcoal by a child barely out of his swaddling cloth." raising an eyebrow in partial challenge "You had expressed an interest in ensuring the detail of the venture was as precise as possible did you not?"

Outside of the Taldor Horse's building Glorfin delicately responds to Maegge's assertion "I do not seek to rise above you, nor do I wish to guide your hearts where they do not wish to go themselves. If you wish to brand me with such a title I would not refuse, but I shall not force it."


[(HP 20/26 | AC15 T11 FF13 CMD16 | F+2 R+4 W+2 | Inish +1 Per +3 S.M. +5) Female Suli Bard 3

Hearing her name, Ranim turns back to the conversation. "I'm sorry, Braden. I was composing a tune to commemorate this event. What was it you were saying?" She tooks a look around her, realizing they had left the Corporal's office. "And where do we now travel?"


Dwarf Rogue 3 (hp: 31/31, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14, Perception +7 (+9 Traps), Stealth +13)

Tybek follows the group and keeps to himself as they walk over to meet the Corporal. During their discussion he keeps his serious face under his intense gaze.

Oi should hae known that the bureaucracy wouldnae be tae quick tae gie us a letter o' Marque. But hopefully, we can still dae something that will gie us some gold!

As they leave their meeting with the Corporal, the dwarven rogue watches to see how the halflings respond to the meeting.

Maegge wrote:
"I guess that settles the issue of who's leading the pack. Sorry Braden, but it's going to have to be Glorfin who tracked down what we needed to know and even who to look for next."

"Aye, that's a gud decision, but it shouldnae be a surprise that it's a dwarf! Yae cannae expect us tae follow someone that drinks water over whisky! Besides, yer bard seems tae busy makin music tae want tae take the role of command!"

Glorfin wrote:
"I do not seek to rise above you, nor do I wish to guide your hearts where they do not wish to go themselves. If you wish to brand me with such a title I would not refuse, but I shall not force it."

"Glorfin, mae friend, wid halflings as wee as they are, it isnae hard tae rise above them!"

Ranim wrote:
"I'm sorry, Braden. I was composing a tune to commemorate this event. What was it you were saying?" She tooks a look around her, realizing they had left the Corporal's office. "And where do we now travel?"

"Aye, lassie, dannae worry yaerself. Gae back tae makin yer music. Just make sure yer bags are packed and yae hae a gud piece tae play fer the wee dug men! We're aff tae the village of Hommlet!"

Pulling out his pocket watch to check the time, Tybek looks at his timepiece affectionately and then addresses the rest of the group, "So if we are going tae be together fer this . . . adventure, we best stop bletherin and get packin tae go! So how long dae yae think it'll tak yae folks tae get ready tae leave? Oi'd like tae leave this place b'fore Oi mae toe nails start makin holes in mae hose!"


HP 25/25; Per +12 (+2 outside); AC 16, Touch 14, Flat 13; Gimpy HP 28/28; Per +6; AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14

"I hadn't thought of "rising above" so much as "forging ahead", Glorfin."

Dwarfs like forges, right?

"Besides, you were training for the Nine - whatever that is - and if we're going to be in fights someone who knows what to expect should be the voice to listen to."

Whispering to Braden, "Είναι ένας στόχος τόσο μεγαλύτερο θα πάρετε όλη την προσοχή από τους εχθρούς, και η κοπέλα είναι όμορφη για να κρατήσει περίπου. Αφήστε το να πάει ήδη!"

Halfling:
"He's a bigger target so will get all the attention from enemies, and the girl is prettier to keep around. Let it go already!"


Let me know if there is anything else you all want to do before heading out of town. It sounds like you are ready and since I do not think many of you have a lot of spare sails, you are probably about finished.

@ Arindale, I did not know you had a mule, but if you spent the cash on it on your initial purchases, then I will assume you were able to purchase one in Yanmass - as a caravan city, there would be a lot of beasts of burden available.

If I do not see any other plans, I will start the trek to Hommlet tomorrow.

EDIT - also, let me know marching orders. I believe that Maegge has an elk, Braden a puppy, and Arindale a mule. If there are any other steeds, let me know as well.


Profile not in use

Happy enough to get going, the chat I was going to have round the table at the inn can always happen around the first night's campfire.
Only action for Glorfin would be to grab his kit and get an assurance from the barkeep that they'll keep his half-finished whisky safe while he's gone ;)


Glorfin Umbar-Caeli wrote:

Happy enough to get going, the chat I was going to have round the table at the inn can always happen around the first night's campfire.

Only action for Glorfin would be to grab his kit and get an assurance from the barkeep that they'll keep his half-finished whisky safe while he's gone ;)

It is several days walk to Hommlet, you can take the whisky with you or leave it here, you choice. In the original module, everything happened out of Hommlet, but I assume you all will want to return to Yanmass from time to time since it is much larger and more capable of having magic available for purchase.


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) AC 20 HP 29/29 F: +5 R: +2 W:+5 Perc: +2

Arindale would suggest you take the whiskey, you can put it on his mule. I did buy one, but could adjust it with the background falling out as it did to purchase it here. Ready to go.


Dwarf Rogue 3 (hp: 31/31, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14, Perception +7 (+9 Traps), Stealth +13)

"If yer all ready, Oi think Glorfin and Oi'll tak the front. The wee halflings can be protected in the middle with the lass, and Arindale can tak the rear wid his mule. Then Oi can walk with nae fear o' steppin in mule and dug doo!"


[(HP 20/26 | AC15 T11 FF13 CMD16 | F+2 R+4 W+2 | Inish +1 Per +3 S.M. +5) Female Suli Bard 3

Ranim stifles a giggle at Tybek's words. "Truly a gentleman, Tybek." She begins to make a mental list. "I should have everything I need for such a trip, and will be ready to go when you all are."


HP 25/25; Per +12 (+2 outside); AC 16, Touch 14, Flat 13; Gimpy HP 28/28; Per +6; AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14

"Me and Gimpy can do some scouting if necessary," Maegge offered. "We'll see anything long before you can, and find the best camping spots."


Dwarf Rogue 3 (hp: 31/31, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14, Perception +7 (+9 Traps), Stealth +13)
Ranim wrote:
"Truly a gentleman, Tybek."

"Oi see yae gigglin o'er there, Miss. It isnae funny! Oi'm serious! When ye're walkin aboot, there is nothing worse than getting yer boot stuck in a big muckkie! It's nae much different frae avoidin traps!"

"Maegge wrote:
"Me and Gimpy can do some scouting if necessary," Maegge offered. "We'll see anything long before you can, and find the best camping spots."

"Aye that wid be fine, but mind yae not tae get tae far ahead and get yerself intae any sort of trouble! And make sure yae clean up after Gimpy. Yae want to make sure yae keep the trail noice and clean!"


Profile not in use

Whiskey stays. It's more of a psychological statement that I will be back for it soon enough.

"I arrived but yesterday, so I need no time. If all are so willing to be away then perhaps we need not tarry... and I have no issue walking at the fore."


18 Arodus 4711

After returning to the Inn of the Spider Queen, the party gathers their belongings and sets forth out the little used north gate of Yanmass. There are far fewer caravans or tents here as the routes north lead into the Fog Peaks. Your route however, branches off to the west shortly after leaving Yanmass.

Geography DC 10:

The Fog Peaks are known to be the home to Frost Giants and in the winter are usually covered in clouds creating snowpack many feet deep.

After spending most of the morning finding and speaking with Sergeant Iliev and Corporal of Horse Raev, you do not get on the road until nearly noon. Once outside of the city, the route appears lightly travelled, and when you branch off to the west, you see no tracks since the prior nights rains. After an hour of walking along the muddy road, you reach the ford over the Verduran Fork, and despite the prior night's rains, the river is nearly empty allowing for an easy crossing which hardly makes you boots wet.

You continue to follow the road to the west with the sturdy dwarves leading the way followed by Maegge on his elk and Braden riding his dog and Ranim and Arindale bringing up the rear. As you started late and were all anxious to seek out adventure, you continue the trek well into the evening with the halflings having to eat both their second lunch and first dinner in the saddle.

As evening approaches, and you are feeling the hours of walking across the rutted and still slightly muddy road, you spot a copse of trees ahead which appears to be a good location to make camp for the night. As you approach the trees, a man with a bow steps out of the trees and raises his hand while keeping the other on the bow.

Maegge:

You recognize this as being the tracker who had followed you from the Verduran nearly a week earlier - he must be one persistant bastard.

Perception DC22:

Stealth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

You see two more men hiding in the trees behind also with bows drawn.

In a loud voice he calls out: Halt, we do not wish to harm you, but you have among your group a thief who stole from the Lumber Consortium and I am here to bring him to justice. Turn the little thief and his deer over to us, and none of you will be harmed.

As he is saying this, he is staring at Glorfin who appears to be leading the group.

EDITED to correct error in use of Intimidate.

Glorfin:

Intimidate(influence action): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Glorfin, you are friendly(er) as per the Intimidate(influence action) section - Intimidate rules. Please respond IC accordingly.
Please ignore the 1 minute to influence rule for now due to the circumstances.


Profile not in use

DM Chaos - are you sure on that Intimidate?
By RAW an intimidate to demoralize is a single target action, so should only affect one of us unless he's using an ability like Dazzling Display.
How far in front of us is he?


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) AC 20 HP 29/29 F: +5 R: +2 W:+5 Perc: +2

True, even with dazzling display we all have to be within 30'.Part of the reason why no one really uses it...


Oops, helps if you read things more carefully, skip the Demoralize part. I will edit the post.

Prior post Edited - please reread,


Profile not in use

Glorfin regards the man warily sensing a hardness to his words that he has no desire to inspire to act against him. Careful to not make any overt action and keep his hands free of his weaponry Glorfin speaks "Your words are strong for one that purports to wish no harm... and I do not respond well to threats. I am Glorfin Umbar-Caeli... who are you?"


The man continues to glare at Glorfin --> Glorfin and Tybek are about 50 feet from the woods at this point.

Who I am does not matter. Are you going to give us the thief, or are we going to have to take him?


Hobbit [hp = 19/22; AC14/T14/ff11; F +1; R+3; W+4 CMD 12]

Perception/Knowledge Geo1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 141d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

In the blink of an eye the small scholar goes from riding his dog, to covering behind his dog. The observant note he seems ready to act.

"You will have to take him, but you will not like the result. It will be bad for you."


HP 25/25; Per +12 (+2 outside); AC 16, Touch 14, Flat 13; Gimpy HP 28/28; Per +6; AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14

Know (Geography) untrained: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22 Whew! Just barely made it!

"He works for the Lumber Consortium, and him and his two thugs - with bows drawn! - in the woods over there," he gestures towards the other two hiding in the trees, "are bullies and hardly more than brigands themselves! The only thing I "stole" was Gimpy when I freed him from trap in the middle of the forest where he'd been cruelly ensnared for days with a broken leg. Gimpy's not a slave or sack of turnips to be bought and sold, but a free creature who chooses to accompany me instead of being turned into sausages and hide with his head stuffed and put on a wall!"

As Maegge's speech progresses, he gets more and more agitated and upset.

"Braden, you know lots of stuff. Do these goons even have the authority outside the Andoran Verduran Forest to try and bring me in on their stupid, trumped-up charges? It's not like they're anything more than a lynch mob, anyways!"


Hobbit [hp = 19/22; AC14/T14/ff11; F +1; R+3; W+4 CMD 12]

Braden responds and looks at a piece of parchment and it appears he is reading from it, "The Lumber Consortium has no jurisdiction here. Maegge and his elk have been tasked to aid the good people around here. You people from the Bumbling Consortium should be happy to cut your losses and leave this one alone. You are not the law here."

A closer look at the paper Braden is reading from would reveal that it is just a blank piece of parchment.


The tracker sneers as Maegge responds, and then begins to almost laugh at Braden's comments.

On this side of the Verduran Fork, there is no law other than the strongest man wins. The Taldan Horse has abandoned it to those with strong arms. If you think otherwise, then I advise to to turn around and go back to your mommies in Yanmass.

The man pauses for a moment before continuing, now looking directly at Maegge.

Now then, you stole the deer from a trap in land controlled by the Lumber Consortium, something you have just admitted, the deer belongs to them and I was hired to bring it and you back. If you do not immediately step forward and surrender, you will find yourselves in a rain of arrows. Makes no difference to me, it is the deer they want alive not the midget.


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) AC 20 HP 29/29 F: +5 R: +2 W:+5 Perc: +2

Arindale doesn't like being threatened and doesn't like people demanding things from him...he immediately gets his heckles up,
I hope you brought more than two other men. Here I was...willing to hear you out, but now you had to go and threaten me. If you try anything you will get my moringstar to your face.

He draws out his Morningstar!

BTW, expect him to do dumb stuff, unless you tell him otherwise...


HP 25/25; Per +12 (+2 outside); AC 16, Touch 14, Flat 13; Gimpy HP 28/28; Per +6; AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14

"I found Gimpy all alone, in the open forest! Your bosses would call it 'rightful salvage' if it was the other way around - and it's still not right because your stupid brain doesn't get that he's a living, breathing creature of free will and not something that can be stolen or salvaged in the first place!"

Shouting and angry, Maegge's working up to a full fury.

"And now here you are, threatening not only me but all these other people who aren't even involved. See, what did I tell you Glorfin and Braden and Tybek and Ranim and Arindale: these Consortium people are nothing but gutless coward-bullies! He even said he has no authority other than the strength of his own arm, and his two lackeys back in the trees!"

Diplomacy: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16

"They're trying to KIDNAP me!"


Hobbit [hp = 19/22; AC14/T14/ff11; F +1; R+3; W+4 CMD 12]

Braden begins speaking and moving his hands in arcane gestures after ducking behind his dog for cover.
Summon Mon I - full round cast.


Dwarf Rogue 3 (hp: 31/31, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14, Perception +7 (+9 Traps), Stealth +13)
Man from Lumber Consortium wrote:
"Halt, we do not wish to harm you, but you have among your group a thief who stole from the Lumber Consortium and I am here to bring him to justice. "

Thank Cailean it wasnae me they're after, but aye, Oi've seen this tactic b'fore. They turn yae intae a thief, even if yer not ane!

Arindale wrote:
"I hope you brought more than two other men. Here I was...willing to hear you out, but now you had to go and threaten me. If you try anything you will get my moringstar to your face."

Sae much fer trying tae be lawful, dae gud deeds and stay oot of trouble. It's time tae get involved with these brigands!!"

"Yae heard mae friend, and from whit Oi'm seein and hearin, this is the biggest bowl of cock a leekie soup that Oi've ever smelled! Are yae trying tae tell us that this wee beastie called Gimpy is yer property?!! All yae hae tae dae is look at the twa of them and the cute and cuddly affection they show each other. It sae cute, it makes yae sick, but even a blind beggar can see that they belong together. Now, if yae want to be messin with the halfling and his mount, then yer gonnae hae tae deal wid me and mae axe as well! Oi don't like bullies, and Oi'm not gaein tae put up with it! Oi say scram and that's mae only warning Oi'm givin yae!"

Intimidate 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (20) - 2 = 18

"Now, listen up fella! Oi'm gonna count tae three and by the time I get there, yae need tae be oot of mae sight or yae can see how Oi eat mae cock a leekie soup wid an axe! Ane . . . . Twa . . . "

Tybek grips his battleaxe and prepares to use it should his words not give him the desired outcome.


Profile not in use

Ooh boy - so we've got overt casting, intimidating and diplomancing all going off simultaneously :P

Glorfin hears a cacophony of voices vying for attention around him as well as the challenges of the man ahead. Mentally cutting through the chatter he mulls on the man's turns of phrase. Taking a single step forward, Glorfin shrugs his shield off of his shoulder and dons it. The blue stony calm of his eyes is replaced with an inner fire of intent as he watches and waits.

Glorfin probably doesn't have a chance to get a word in edgewise before the bandits react to Tybek / Maegge / Braden...


Sorry for the delay, first time trying to get a map up using MapTools, not a bad learning curve, just a little slow at the beginning. For those of you who are experienced, any hints would be helpful. Also trying to get all your init and other info for easy access.

Round 1
Seeing the drawing of shields and weapons together with the wee man hiding behind his dog and waving his arms like a crazy chicken, the tracker and his companions draw their bows and fire.

Initiative:

Arindale: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Braden: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Glorfin: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9
Maegge: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Ramin: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Tybek: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Tracker: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Warriors: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Tybek
Maegge
Warriors
Ramin
Arindale
Glorfin
Tracker
Braden

Battlemap
If anyone has trouble with the map, let me know, this is the first one I have done with the tokens, and character info.


Dwarf Rogue 3 (hp: 31/31, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14, Perception +7 (+9 Traps), Stealth +13)

Round 1

"Yer going tae regret that move, Sonny!

"Ok company, it is time for mae battle cry! Hold antae yer weapons because it is time tae set matters richt!"

Tybek races forward to charge the warrior front and center (A7) as he yells a personal favorite battlecry "None may doubt the ale of Cayden Cailean!"

With both of his hands grasping his axe, he thrusts his axe down upon the unsuspecting bandit.

Battle Axe 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 3 + 2 = 19
Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Additional Precision (Sneak Attack) Damage vs. flatfooted warrior 1d6 ⇒ 3

"Oi told yae tae leave the wee folk oot of this and what did yae dae instead?!"


Lol - they were supposed to be 50' away, oh well, may bad, nice attack.

Tybek - I think that when damage is x1.5, it is rounded down. So your damage should be +4 for 10, not +5 for 11.


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) AC 20 HP 29/29 F: +5 R: +2 W:+5 Perc: +2

GM Chaos, are you okay with the ruling in most of my games where you can speak anytime in the round once unless you are surprised?


No problem, as long as it is not a huge monologue. Shouting/saying advice is fine as long as it does not become too metagamey.


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) AC 20 HP 29/29 F: +5 R: +2 W:+5 Perc: +2

Yeah it is usually only about a sentence that is allowed...it is only 6 seconds after all :]

Keep the space on Ty's right clear, that bowman is mine!, he says getting a better grip on his Morningstar as he readies to advance.


I guess if what you are saying is more for color and IC fun, then just keep it reasonable. If it is directions to others - i.e. Tybek, flank with me, etc.- then a 1 or 2 short sentence limitation is realistic given the 6 second time constraint.


[(HP 20/26 | AC15 T11 FF13 CMD16 | F+2 R+4 W+2 | Inish +1 Per +3 S.M. +5) Female Suli Bard 3

Round 1

Stats:

HP: 9/9
Bardic Music: 8/8
Spells Remaining
1st: 2/2

Ranim draws her whip, twirling it about her as she hums a small tune to herself, bringing her own actions in step and inspiring on her allies to greater glory.

Move action to draw whip, Standard to start Inspire Courage, dance performance.


HP 25/25; Per +12 (+2 outside); AC 16, Touch 14, Flat 13; Gimpy HP 28/28; Per +6; AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14

Map looks good!

Maegge, seeing the manure cart about to spill, reaches out to the very essence of Nature, calling for aid. As before, the very plants seems to erupt from the ground to wrap themselves around not just the three Lumber Consortium thugs, but Tybek as well!

That dumb dwarf, he got in the way charging in like a buck during rut!

Pulling out his club, Maegge prepares for having to get into the hurly-burly.

Move Action: draw club
Standard Action: cast Entangle, centered on (-A, 7)

Entangled Info:

Entangle (spell) [DC 15]: This spell causes tall grass, weeds, and other plants to wrap around creatures in the area of effect or those that enter the area. Creatures that fail their save gain the entangled condition. Creatures that make their save can move as normal, but those that remain in the area must save again at the end of your turn. Creatures that move into the area must save immediately. Those that fail must end their movement and gain the entangled condition. Entangled creatures can attempt to break free as a move action, making a Strength or Escape Artist check. The DC for this check is equal to the DC of the spell. The entire area of effect is considered difficult terrain while the effect lasts.

If the plants in the area are covered in thorns, those in the area take 1 point of damage each time they fail a save against the entangle or fail a check made to break free. Other effects, depending on the local plants, might be possible at GM discretion.

Entangled (condition): The character is ensnared. Being entangled impedes movement, but does not entirely prevent it unless the bonds are anchored to an immobile object or tethered by an opposing force. An entangled creature moves at half speed, cannot run or charge, and takes a –2 penalty on all attack rolls and a –4 penalty to Dexterity. An entangled character who attempts to cast a spell must make a concentration check (DC 15 + spell level) or lose the spell.

Stats:

Maegge
HP 9
AC 16
Spells Prepared (1 Remaining): Cure Light Wounds, Entangle

Gimpy
HP 20
AC 14


I got a ton of work today and have to shut down PF or I am in big trouble. I will get this updated later this afternoon or evening. Everyone keep posting your actions and unless they make no sense, I will get everything updated this evening.


Profile not in use

Round 1:

Seeing the very plants rise up to lash at Tybek and the bounty hunter alike, and even just before his own feet Glorfin is taken aback. Hearing the chanting from beside him from Maegge and the indiscriminate nature of the spell, Glorfin reacts hastily. Unlimbering his warhammer and gripping it, he rounds on the halfling with cold fire burning in his blue eyes. Bellowing in a voice tinged with anger "What have you done? You act against those that walk beside you as well as the enemy?!"

Move action draw warhammer, readied action that hopefully won't go off.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Dwarf Rogue 3 (hp: 31/31, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14, Perception +7 (+9 Traps), Stealth +13)

As the plants and grass surrounding his feet come alive, Tybek nervously starts to dance as he imagines himself being constricted to death by snakes.

Reflex Saving Throw 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

"What in Hades?!! Help! The damn plants are trying tae eat me!!!" Tybek yells as he yanks, kicks and dodges with his feet. For the moment, he is not yet entangled.


Round 1 - Summation
Throwing caution to the wind, Tybek charges toward the tracker and lands a vicious blow drawing blood from the tracker's leg.

A moment later Maegge raises his hands and asks the spirits of nature to bind his enemies. Immediately the grass and plants come to life and reach up seeking to grab and ensnare all within a large area. The two arches to either side of the tracker become ensnared as the living plants reach up and grab them. The tracker and Tybek both lithely avoid the plants, but you can see that the plants continue to attempt to grab them.

Tracker: Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Warriors: Reflex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Despite being caught in the plants, the two warriors attempt to hit their targets.

Attack-bow(Maegge): 1d20 + 2 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 - 2 - 2 = 7
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Attack-bow(Glorfin): 1d20 + 2 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 - 2 - 2 = 12
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

However, both shots miss their mark with the shot at Maegge sailing high over Maegge's head and the shot at Glorfin harmlessly ricocheting off his armor.

Being surprised at the hindrance between him and the enemy, Glorfin turns and glares at Maegge while Arindale draws his morningstar and prepares to charge apparently oblivious to the impediments before him. While this is occurring, the beautiful woman begins to sing a song of adventurers crushing those who would hide in the trees and attack from behind which lifts the parties spirits, even the sullen paladins.

Laughing at the druids inability to bind him, the tracker drops his bow and draws a longsword which he swings at the dwarf before him with two hands while insulting Maegge: Great move tree hugger, once this ugly short thing is dead, I can shoot at you all day.

Attack-Longsword(@Tybek): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

However, the tracker misses his mark, likely because of the time spent insulting the druid.

Round 1
Tybek
Maegge
Warriors
Ramin
Arindale
Glorfin
Tracker
Braden

Round 2

Tybek
Maegge
Warriors
Ramin
Arindale
Glorfin
Tracker
Braden

Didn't have time to update the map, pretty much everyone is in the same spot except Tybek who is before the Tracker, and there is a large area of clingy plants starting right in front of Glorfin.


Hobbit [hp = 19/22; AC14/T14/ff11; F +1; R+3; W+4 CMD 12]

Braden quickly goes through his arcane options and rejects each one in turn. Finally he draws his light crossbow and shoots at the closest entangled warrior. Habitually he reloads his crossbow putting a new bolt in and pulling back the string.

To hit light crossbow 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 = 5

After watching his shot go wide. There is a reason I learned magic.


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) AC 20 HP 29/29 F: +5 R: +2 W:+5 Perc: +2

I am a little confused, I thought I already had the Morningstar out or are you considering those actions as part of this round?
I haven't actually had my turn yet right?
My speak earlier was my out of turn speech, sorry if I confused you. I would change my action with the obvious effect...

Arindale sees the plants and their effect on the bowmen as well as the effect it almost has on Ty. Something in the back of mind tells him not to go in there right away...it seems dangerous to everyone.
He looks over at Maegge...Get rid of it! nodding his head at the plants. He then casts a spell that allows his god to enhance his battle potential Divine power and then draws his morningstar, stepping forward 5'.


Arindale, do you mean Divine Favor? I do not see Divine Power as a level 1 spell.


HP 25/25; Per +12 (+2 outside); AC 16, Touch 14, Flat 13; Gimpy HP 28/28; Per +6; AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14

Round 2

Mortified by his new friends' reaction to his spell, Maegge releases his hold on Nature and the elements. Practically cowering under Glorfin's glare, he flushes beet red and fiddles with his club, stammering out a choked apology, "Sorry, sorry...."

Standard Action: Dismiss Entangle
Move Action: none

Status:

Maegge[b]
HP 9
AC 16
Condition: Mounted

[b]Gimpy
HP 20
AC 14
Condition: None


Dwarf Rogue 3 (hp: 31/31, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14, Perception +7 (+9 Traps), Stealth +13)

Round 2

For the moment, Tybek continues his attack while under the annoyance of the entangling plants. However, he does not lose sight of the fact that the bandit has really offended him.

"Sae, dae yae still think that wee Gimpy belongs tae yae?!!!"

Battle Axe 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 3 - 2 = 17
Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


[(HP 20/26 | AC15 T11 FF13 CMD16 | F+2 R+4 W+2 | Inish +1 Per +3 S.M. +5) Female Suli Bard 3

Round 2

Stats:

HP 9/9
Bardic Music: 7/8
Spells
1st - 2/2
Effects
Inspire Courage

Ranim moves forward, still humming while twirling the whip around her in a protective arc. Her dance slows in tempo as she moves, though it's effects linger on.

Free action to stop Bardic Music (Lingering Performance continues for 2 rounds), Move forward 30', Standard for Total Defense.

Tybek, don't forget Inspire Courage.


Dwarf Rogue 3 (hp: 31/31, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14, Perception +7 (+9 Traps), Stealth +13)

I forgot about the Inspire Courage. Ranim what is the bonus at this level? Is it just Attack or does it include damage? Chaos, please consider this when you resolve round 2. Thanks. :-)

151 to 200 of 3,447 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Temple of Elemental Evil - The black heart of natural catastrophe. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.