Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Temple of Elemental Evil - Delving the depths of the Abyss on Golarian.

Game Master Tirion Jörðhár

The classic AD&D Temple of Elemental Evil - with a Pathfinder and Golarian twist.

Village of Hommlet - with building numbers <-- Legend in Campaign Info


1,201 to 1,250 of 3,447 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>

Dwarf Rogue 3 (hp: 31/31, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14, Perception +7 (+9 Traps), Stealth +13)

Round 4
AC:16 due to charging)

Tybek runs across the room chasing the bandits with his axe.

Charge (Double Move) to I30 and attacks J31.

Battleaxe: 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 3 + 1 + 2 = 24(+3 Strength, +1 Inspired Courage, +2 Charge)
Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 (+4 Strength, +1 Inspired Courage)

"Yae cannae mak me mad and expect tae get awa wi' it!"


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) AC 20 HP 29/29 F: +5 R: +2 W:+5 Perc: +2

Move to I-31 around the grease and attack the other one, Surrender or you won't like the results. as he swings his Morningstar.

moringstar atk inspire STR drain 1d20 + 3 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 3 + 1 - 1 = 15 dam 1d8 + 3 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 1 - 1 = 7


[(HP 20/26 | AC15 T11 FF13 CMD16 | F+2 R+4 W+2 | Inish +1 Per +3 S.M. +5) Female Suli Bard 3

Round 3?

Stats:

HP: 9/9
Bardic Music: 4/8
Spells
1st - 2/2
Effects
Inspire Courage

Ranim ends her song on a sharp note, attempting to distort the mind of the furthest fleeing bandit. With luck, he would slow the others in his disorientation.

Cast Daze, DC 14, on the furthest bandit, moving closer as necessary. If I can't get the furthest one, as far one as I can. Sorry, can't see much at present. Getting a fe updates out on lunch.


Profile not in use

Glorfin's no good in a chase - 20ft move speed and an effect Acrobatics check of about -7 or so :P He's staying put with the live'un


Tybek - that charge takes you across the Grease, I need an acrobatics roll to see if you keep your feet. I will let you charge if you want to, but the check will be at -5. Or, give me another action (delaying and asking the creator of the oil slick to remove it is appropriate).


Dwarf Rogue 3 (hp: 31/31, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14, Perception +7 (+9 Traps), Stealth +13)

Sorry Chaos, I overlooked the grease.

Tybek makes a valiant attempt to chase the bandits out of the room but suddenly comes across a really slick patch of grease on the ground.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Suddenly Tybek's feet begin slipping and sliding like he is attempting to do a very quick shuffling sort of dance. However, it does not take long before his dancing turns into a fall right on his arse. It does not take long before the dwarf starts introducing you to some new swear words.

"Ooh yae crazzlefrickin brampot! Whae's the tumshie heided idjit whae put thae grease in thae middle o' thae floor?!!!"


Hobbit [hp = 19/22; AC14/T14/ff11; F +1; R+3; W+4 CMD 12]

Braden sends his dog charging after the bandits.

Dog charge to I31 to attack J31

Dog attack/damage/trip?: 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 3 + 2 + 1 = 211d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 1 = 91d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Braden moves into the room and tries to slow down another one with a spell. move to G28--Daze DC15 @ J32

The dog scores a devastating hit before winking out of existence leaving some of the clothes of the bandit to hang in the air where it was in his mouth and fall to the ground.

"Surrender bandits."


Round 3-4 Recap
Showing why they are bandits and not noble warriors, seeing the tide turning against them, most of the bandits turn tail and run.

While Glorfin moves over to make sure that the bandit which surrendered is properly secured, Braden sends his brave hound charging at the fleeing bandits. With a snarl the dog clamps its teeth onto one of the bandits hamstrings and takes out a huge bite while twisting and knocking the bandit to the ground before suddenly blinking out of existence.

Arindale then circumvents Braden's greasy area and strikes at another nearby bandit.

Tybek, not to be outdone by the cleric of brew, takes off across the room yelling strange dwarven epithets at the fleeing bandits. What started out looking like a bad day for the last bandit, however, turns into a bit of comedy as the wild dwarf suddenly finds his footing less than secure on the oil slick created by Braden. Doing his best impression of Ranim's dance from the night before, the ornery dwarf manages three quarters of a pirouette before falling flat in his tail.

Finally, Ranim, Braden and Maegge make their appearance in the room. While Maegge draws his trusty sling and pulls out a small stone, the other two call upon the arcane powers seeking to confuse the fleeing bandits.

Bandit 4 - Will: 1d20 ⇒ 10 vs. DC14
Leader - Will: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13 vs. DC15

Both the leader and the frontmost bandit suddenly stop unsure of why they are standing on the broken remains of a hole in the wall of the moathouse.

Bandits
As the leader and one bandit stand wondering why the sky is so blue, the one lying on the ground with nasty fang gashes in his leg and the one with the imprint of Arindale's morningstar in his chest get onto their knees and surrender.

As this is happening, the last bandit continues to withdraw and flee managing to make it most of the way across the stagnant moat.

Battlemap

Party up - difficult terrain to cross the rocks and moat. The last bandit is about 30' from the wall as he is using a Withdraw action.


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) AC 20 HP 29/29 F: +5 R: +2 W:+5 Perc: +2

Arindale calls upon Cayden gift of movement and moves to L33 while they are confused and attacks the leader, Now your turn! Surrender of face the holy Wrath of Cayden! We can use our magic to hold you in place for a long time!

moringstar atk inspire STR drain1d20 + 3 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 3 + 1 - 1 = 15 dam 1d8 + 3 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 1 - 1 = 8

Current Effects:
HP: 11/11
AC: 18
Inspire Courage: 2/3r (minimum due to lingering performance)
Agile Feet: 3/5
Ferosity: 1/5
CPE: 4/5


Although the leader is dazed at present from Braden's spell, he is not defenseless and Arindale's blow harmlessly glances off his shield.


Dwarf Rogue 3 (hp: 31/31, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14, Perception +7 (+9 Traps), Stealth +13)

Tybek gets to his feet and pulls out his crossbow. He then proceeds down the hallway until he can catch one of the bandits in his sights.

I am not clear how far away the bandits are by the time Tybek gets there (Tybek has a move of 20 feet), but he will take a shot (at the bandit who is furthest away) when it becomes available.

Crossbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1

"Ach Crivenns! Ahh got grease on mae fingers and mae hand slipped! Ahh didnae mean tae shoot yet!"


Profile not in use

Glorfin gestures to the one before him with his hammer, seeking to move him nearer to the two others who have laid down arms.


Tybek, you are prone in the grease. You can stand and fire, or stand and move. RAW you also need a move action to load the crossbow, but since that roll missed by a good deal I will ignore it.


Dwarf Rogue 3 (hp: 31/31, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14, Perception +7 (+9 Traps), Stealth +13)

That's why I was not clear how far away the bandit's would be when he finally got to the end of the passageway. I was also not clear if you are still taking everything one round at a time. If you are, this will be my plan.

Round 4

Tybek attempts to reach the fleeing bandits but falls on the grease.

Round 5

Tybek stands up and pulls out his crossbow.

Round 6

Tybek reloads his crossbow and then moves across the room (I30).

Round 7

Tybek moves further down the hallway (J32), steps out and fires at any moving bandits.

Let me know if you want me to resolve anything or simply wait.


Hobbit [hp = 19/22; AC14/T14/ff11; F +1; R+3; W+4 CMD 12]

Braden shouts with surprise, "Tybek, that grease is for bandits, not clumsy dwarves. I did everything but put a magic glowing green sign on it. Get off your bum and get back in the action."

Braden attempts to slow down another bandit if he can see and reach him with his magic.
Casting Daze Will DC15 at a fresh target. This spell works better when cast on humanoids!


Dwarf Rogue 3 (hp: 31/31, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14, Perception +7 (+9 Traps), Stealth +13)
Braden wrote:
"Tybek, that grease is for bandits, not clumsy dwarves. I did everything but put a magic glowing green sign on it. Get off your bum and get back in the action."

"Ach Crazzlefrikkers!" Tybek swears under his breath then replies loudly!"Ahh wouldnae hae tae get auf mae arse if yae didnae put the grease there in the first place! This isnae the kitchen o' the welcome wench yae ken! Noo stop yae're yappin and start takin doon the escapin bandits! We cannae let them get awa! It's time fer yae tae get yer ane move on, yae pesky wee brampot!"


HP 25/25; Per +12 (+2 outside); AC 16, Touch 14, Flat 13; Gimpy HP 28/28; Per +6; AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14

Maegge takes a pot-shot with his sling, not expecting anything to come of it but keen to avoid being accused of not helping while his sort-of friends were fighting and getting hurt.

Attack (Sling): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Crit Confirm? (Sling): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 ... narp
Damage: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Tybek Odeon wrote:

That's why I was not clear how far away the bandit's would be when he finally got to the end of the passageway. I was also not clear if you are still taking everything one round at a time. If you are, this will be my plan.

It is not a passageway. This is a hole in the wall that leads outside. There are a series of stones that have been set up to allow the bandits to enter and leave the moathouse across the moat.

_________________
Round 4-5

Seeing the Bandits fleeing, Ranim assists Glorfin in securing the surrendered bandits.

Braden, unless you want to Daze one of the surrendered bandits, the only one left is too far away from you, partially across the moat.

Seeing Arindale continue his assault, Maegge places a small stone in his sling and after whipping it around his head in a manner which gives those nearby a great fear for their lives, he releases the stone and it flies with unerring accuracy striking the leader in the side of the head drawing a small amount of blood.

Arindale follows this up with a mighty swing at the leader, unfortunately the leader is too experienced and avoids the blow even with his present dazed condition.

Finally, Tybek struggles upright and carefully moves off the greasy floor while loading his crossbow.

Bandits
Seeing the cleric in front of him and his way blocked by the leader, another bandit drops to his knees and begs for mercy. The leader is not quite as willing to give up yet and takes a swing at Arindale before again taking off across the moat.

Attack-longsword: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Fortunately for the heavily armored cleric, the blow fails to strike home.
Arindale, you may make an AoO.

The remaining bandit also continues to flee. The map ends where the green begins, assume that it is marsh/swamp where it becomes green. There is a small path that leads from here.

Battlemap


Dwarf Rogue 3 (hp: 31/31, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14, Perception +7 (+9 Traps), Stealth +13)

Round 6

Tybek does a double move (2x 20 feet) through the entranceway to the outside in pursuit of the remaining bandit.

No coordinates on latest map, so I will let you move him, Chaos

Oot a mae way! Get oot a mae way! We've got ane a the buggers tryin tae escape!


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) AC 20 HP 29/29 F: +5 R: +2 W:+5 Perc: +2

He swings as the leader moves around...
AOO moringstar atk 1d20 + 3 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 1 - 1 = 10 dam 1d8 + 3 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 1 - 1 = 5

Someone want to help me catch the leader, the rest don't mean anything without him! moves back up to the leader if needed but I think I am still beside him...not sure if you got my move in from last round.

AOO moringstar atk 1d20 + 3 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 1 - 1 = 7 dam 1d8 + 3 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 - 1 = 6

This guy is slippery...


HP 25/25; Per +12 (+2 outside); AC 16, Touch 14, Flat 13; Gimpy HP 28/28; Per +6; AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14

EDIT: OK, fine. Instead of moving,

Maegge begins casting Summon Nature's Ally I again, hoping for his creature to actually be able to accomplish something... unlike his sling bullets.


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) AC 20 HP 29/29 F: +5 R: +2 W:+5 Perc: +2
Maegge Weissam wrote:
Maegge observes his sling's effects with disappointment. Seeing the leader trying to flee into the woods, he begins making his way outside, following after Arindale and Tybek as possible to try and make use of his tracking skills.

He only moved about 15' due to the rough terrain and attacking me...you have plenty of options...


Profile not in use

Glorfin continues to stand a watchful sentinel, securing the bandits weapons so that they cannot change their mind about giving up the fight.

Figure we'll hold any questioning until after the chase


Hobbit [hp = 19/22; AC14/T14/ff11; F +1; R+3; W+4 CMD 12]

Braden was frustrated at the speed of the retreating bandits. He moves to the wall and with a shift in the fabric of space, appears on the other side rather than needing to squeeze through. He fires his undersized crossbow at the leader.

hit/damage: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 71d6 ⇒ 3
"Stop, or the next shot will hit you."
move 20', shift, attack with light xbow.


Dwarf Rogue 3 (hp: 31/31, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14, Perception +7 (+9 Traps), Stealth +13)

"That's richt! And in case being hit by the halfling's wee bolt wasnae enough, if yae dannae stop, yae'll also be hit by mae bolt and mine daes mair damage! Especially when I aim at yer heid!"

Intimidate: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (14) - 2 = 12


The first bandit is now across the moat and takes off running. Unless Arindale wants to run him down, he is gone.

Arindale takes off after the leader and makes several mighty swings which might have scared the frogs in the moat, but had little effect on the leader. Braden also fires off a crossbow bolt which whistles between Arindale and the leader causing no harm to either.

The leader again stabs at Arindale before once more turning and running.

Attack-sword: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Once again, the leader follows Arindale's example and strikes nothing but air.

Arindale - you get another AoO.

Party up - no map as it is just the one leader. He is not 15' farther from the wall. Maegge should be able to get his summon adjacent to the leader.


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) AC 20 HP 29/29 F: +5 R: +2 W:+5 Perc: +2

No Arindale is only interested in the leader.

Arindale lowers the boom stick on him...
moringstar atk inspire STR Drain1d20 + 3 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 3 + 1 - 1 = 22 dam 1d8 + 3 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 1 - 1 = 10

CRACK!
Okay if you won't surrender then it's death!

Arindale then summons on Cayden's power of movement and charges the leader.
moringstar atk inspire STR Drain charge 1d20 + 3 + 1 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 3 + 1 - 1 + 2 = 20 dam 1d8 + 3 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 1 - 1 = 5

and lands another solid blow...
Current Effects:
HP: 11/11
AC: 16*/charge (18)
Inspire Courage: 1/3r (minimum due to lingering performance)
Agile Feet: 2/5
Ferosity: 1/5
CPE: 4/5


HP 25/25; Per +12 (+2 outside); AC 16, Touch 14, Flat 13; Gimpy HP 28/28; Per +6; AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14

Maegge completes calling upon another creature of the forest, and everyone hears the shriek of an eagle as his Summon dives out of the sky to attack the bandit leader's face as Arindale closes from behind.

Eagle stats

Attack (Talons, Flank): 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 2 = 10
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Attack (Talons, Flank): 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 3 + 2 = 16
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2


Dwarf Rogue 3 (hp: 31/31, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14, Perception +7 (+9 Traps), Stealth +13)

Tybek was hoping to fire his crossbow at the escaping bandit across the moat. Does he have a clear shot?

If he does, then he fires at the escaping bandit.

Crossbow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22 (BAB+0, Dex +4, Inspiration +1)
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 5

If he does not, then he will assist Arindale by taking out his axe and hitting the leader.

Battleaxe: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16 (BAB +0, Str +3, Inspiration +1)
Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 (Str (two hands) +4, Inspiration +1)


As the leader again attempts to flee, Arindale wildly swings his mace, but unlike the previous attempts, this time his blow is true almost knocking the wind from the leader and causing a bloody wound to open in the leader's shoulder. The leader continues to flee, however with the blessing of Cayden, and a trailing smell if day old beer, Arindale lithely skips across the stones. Just before he arrives, however, another green rip in the air appears and suddenly a squawking eagle appears before the leader. While the eagle does no real damage, it distracts the leader enough that Arindale is again able to land a solid blow. While it is clear that the leader is still able to stand, the coward in him gets the better and as with his minions, he drops his weapon and surrenders.

No more, you can have our loot, but please don't kill me. Kill the rest of them if you want, but spare me.

Tybek, not to be outdone, launches a bolt through the air. The bolt whistles past Arindale and the leader to land with a thud in the shoulder of the fleeing bandit. You hear the bandit groan, but he continues to run and disappears into the swampy undergrowth beyond the moat.

Combat over - unless someone wants to chase the fleeing bandit.


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) AC 20 HP 29/29 F: +5 R: +2 W:+5 Perc: +2

Arindale cares little for the bandit who gets away.

Arinale puts away his Morningstar and grins. He then picks up the leader by collar of his armor and gets in his face, Tell me why I shouldn't finish you here and now?!?! I gave you the chance to surrender earlier and you declined.
Do you have information we might be interested in? Speak quickly or I feed you to the Dwarf...
he turns and winks at Ty.
intimidate 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20


The leader looks up at you: What information do you want? I told you kill those useless punks, and take what little we have.

The closest brigand being secured by Ramin turns: Shut up you worthless goat. If we had run when we saw these guys we would be free right now, but nooo, you said they were weak and we could take them. He proceeds to spit on the ground. Worthless old goat.


[(HP 20/26 | AC15 T11 FF13 CMD16 | F+2 R+4 W+2 | Inish +1 Per +3 S.M. +5) Female Suli Bard 3

Ranim turns to the one who spoke, an annoyed look on her face. "I'm afraid I don't know any songs to force a man to speak the truth, but my Aunt Illeana did teach me a tune that will rot a man's, ahem, coinpurses if you will. A trick she said for lovers who decided to seek comfort elsewhere. You all may wish to get out of earshot if I decide to play it for our new found friends here."

Bluff: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 8 + 1 = 20


Dwarf Rogue 3 (hp: 31/31, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14, Perception +7 (+9 Traps), Stealth +13)
Brigand Ledaer wrote:
" What information do you want? I told you kill those useless punks, and take what little we have."

Tybek turns to the leader and asks him straight out. "Ahh want tae ken what yae're daein here in this moathouse! Are yae robbin people and taking their valuables or dae yae hae something tae dae wid Zugtomy?"

Brigand wrote:
"Shut up you worthless goat. If we had run when we saw these guys we would be free right now, but nooo, you said they were weak and we could take them." He proceeds to spit on the ground. Worthless old goat."

"Hey! That's nae way tae talk tae yer boss! At least yae're alive fer noo. Besides, Ahh dannae care tae hear that tone being taken when talkin bout goats. Ahh knew a wee kid who was a loyal goat and he lived a long happy lifetime. If yae did some cooperation, mebbae you could be aroond fer a long time as well."


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) AC 20 HP 29/29 F: +5 R: +2 W:+5 Perc: +2

Arindale drags him back into the ruined building, Where is your loot, or is it just what is on you?
Now, answer all of their questions...if we catch you lying I will beat you senseless and start again.

He look up at the smarter members of the party to ask about any information they may want now that he has treasure question out there.


Profile not in use

Glorfin looks up from his charges at the return of Arindale and the others with the one who looks to be the leader of the group. He nods to them "A fine chase, and well caught." though he frowns slightly at the threat of the beating. A whipped man will speak whatever lie stops the beating.

He regards the leader with a steady and calculating eye and awaits his first words... so that he might measure the man by them.


Dwarf Rogue 3 (hp: 31/31, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14, Perception +7 (+9 Traps), Stealth +13)
Arindale wrote:

"Where is your loot, or is it just what is on you?

Now, answer all of their questions...if we catch you lying I will beat you senseless and start again."

"Arin, mae friend. Dannae gie the guy an oot by gie'n him the option o' saying 'aye its just whits on mae.' If he said that, Ah wouldnae believe 'em anyway. With a large band o' them and all the robbin that's been happenin lately, they've likely got a noice grand stash fer us all tae enjoy!"

Glorfin wrote:
"A fine chase, and well caught."

"Aye that was nae bad. Mind yae, one o' the bandits did get awa! Dae yae think we should be worried about em comin back and causin trouble fer us later?"


Profile not in use

"The one that fled has left more than a hand behind him... unless this is merely part of a larger group of bandits I would not be over fearful"


As Arindale drags the leader back into the room, one of the others speaks up: The loot is hidden in . . .

The leader quickly cuts him off: Shut up you worthless grunt. We have had little success, and what we have gotten, these worthless fools drank. what little we have left is in a box hidden in the corner of the room. As he says this, he nods his head toward the northwest corner of the room.


Dwarf Rogue 3 (hp: 31/31, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14, Perception +7 (+9 Traps), Stealth +13)

"Heh, heh, heh! So yae hae some hidden loot! Ahm nae surprised. Yae mae as well show us whair it is. Ah've got eyes o' a hawk and ahm gonnae find it anaway. If yae wantae be on oor good side, Ahh suggest yae cooperate."

Tybek moves over to the northwest corner of the room to see if there is indeed a treasure box.

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

"Which corner did yae say yae kept it?"


Hobbit [hp = 19/22; AC14/T14/ff11; F +1; R+3; W+4 CMD 12]

Braden isn't the most trustworthy:
"Maybe a former bandit should fetch it?"


HP 25/25; Per +12 (+2 outside); AC 16, Touch 14, Flat 13; Gimpy HP 28/28; Per +6; AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14
DM Chaos wrote:

As Arindale drags the leader back into the room, one of the others speaks up: The loot is hidden in . . .

The leader quickly cuts him off: Shut up you worthless grunt. We have had little success, and what we have gotten, these worthless fools drank. what little we have left is in a box hidden in the corner of the room. As he says this, he nods his head toward the northwest corner of the room.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 To see if he's obfuscating other loot stashes! Or not... sadface.


Maegge:

You do not sense that he is not telling the truth.

Tybek - All the bandits are tied up, do you want to untie one of them?


Dwarf Rogue 3 (hp: 31/31, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14, Perception +7 (+9 Traps), Stealth +13)

No, Tybek does not release any at this time. I am waiting for the bandit who started spilling his guts to start talking first, but in the meantime, he wants to see what the little stash the leader claims is all they have.


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) AC 20 HP 29/29 F: +5 R: +2 W:+5 Perc: +2

DM Chaos, did my intimidate not work? He should really spill the beans unless he resisted my roll of 20...
"Check: You can use Intimidate to force an opponent to act friendly toward you for 1d6 × 10 minutes with a successful check. The DC of this check is equal to 10 + the target's Hit Dice + the target's Wisdom modifier. If successful, the target gives you the information you desire, takes actions that do not endanger it, or otherwise offers limited assistance. After the Intimidate expires, the target treats you as unfriendly and may report you to local authorities. If you fail this check by 5 or more, the target attempts to deceive you or otherwise hinder your activities."
Not trying to rules lawyer you but he doesn't seem very helpful at the moment and I was checking to make sure you caught my check earlier...


The guard who started speaking shuts up, but glances back and forth between the leader and the northeast corner of the room.

The leader continues to glare at his underling: I told you, it is in the corner, over there.

He then nods toward the NE corner of the room as well.

Arindale - he is telling the truth, you all can keep trying to scare them if you want, or just search where they are indicating.


Dwarf Rogue 3 (hp: 31/31, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14, Perception +7 (+9 Traps), Stealth +13)

Tybek had searched the northwest corner. Did he see anything there?

Next, Tybek approaches the northeast corner cautiously in case they have laid out a trap for him to suffer through.

"Will yae nae make up yer mind. First its one corner and then its the other." Tybek pulls out his pocket watch and gives it a glance. " I dannae hae all day yae ken. Ahm on a tight schedule."

He then searches carefully for any hidden compartments, obvious chests, or deadly traps.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 <-- add +1 for traps, add +1 for stonework


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) AC 20 HP 29/29 F: +5 R: +2 W:+5 Perc: +2

Ty, have you ever looked for treasure before? They always keep it in hidden compartments! You have to look for it carefully!

Greedy as he is he pushes the leader to the floor and then goes over and searches the corner thorougly... Take a 20 if possible.


Hobbit [hp = 19/22; AC14/T14/ff11; F +1; R+3; W+4 CMD 12]

The hobbit wizard looks the bandit leader up and down.
"You better show us some value besides coin. What else is in this moathouse?"


Dwarf Rogue 3 (hp: 31/31, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14, Perception +7 (+9 Traps), Stealth +13)
Arindale wrote:
"Ty, have you ever looked for treasure before? They always keep it in hidden compartments! You have to look for it carefully!"

"Ahhm a dwarf! What dae yae tak me for? Of course Ah've looked fer treasure b'fore! Ahhm just makin sure that we dannae hae any wee nasty traps tae stab us first!"

1,201 to 1,250 of 3,447 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Temple of Elemental Evil - The black heart of natural catastrophe. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.