Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Temple of Elemental Evil - Delving the depths of the Abyss on Golarian.

Game Master Tirion Jörðhár

The classic AD&D Temple of Elemental Evil - with a Pathfinder and Golarian twist.

Village of Hommlet - with building numbers <-- Legend in Campaign Info


51 to 100 of 3,447 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

HP 25/25; Per +12 (+2 outside); AC 16, Touch 14, Flat 13; Gimpy HP 28/28; Per +6; AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14

Maegge, relieved that the brawl he was sure was about to spill their table, looks back at the woman who'd joined him and Braden.

"You look familiar. Didn't we see you on the road outside of town? Braden here was riding a dog, and I was on Gimpy. He's an elk I saved from a hunter's trap."

Despite this sally at conversation, he nontheless kept a wary eye on the big man as he returned to his seat.


Hobbit [hp = 19/22; AC14/T14/ff11; F +1; R+3; W+4 CMD 12]

After the ejection of the small sized duo, Braden looks at Maegge.
"I guess I will not complain about my treatment here. We got a better deal then those two."


[(HP 20/26 | AC15 T11 FF13 CMD16 | F+2 R+4 W+2 | Inish +1 Per +3 S.M. +5) Female Suli Bard 3

In response to the waitress.

"I indeed would like some refreshment. Perhaps some stew and something to drink, a wine perchance? I would be happy to offer a few songs as payment, though if you don't find I bring in enough business to in payment, I would gladly provide coin instead."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

During the commotion

Ranim stares in feigned shock at the scene, having seen such incidents before. "How dreadful, to find people wiling to cheat at games of chance. A good thing to have them rid of us good honest people."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To Braden's joke

Ranim gives out a laugh. "I must say I prefer the first version. Completely unexpected, way to build a crowd. Though the latter would give a better tale, I suppose. I must say, to see one, especially a halfling, riding an elk must have a story behind it. Please tell."


Dwarf Rogue 3 (hp: 31/31, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14, Perception +7 (+9 Traps), Stealth +13)
Arindale wrote:
"You two any good at snooping around?

Tybek answers Arindale carefully with the current upstanding dwarf in his company. "Aye, Oi'm a half decent snooper if Oi need tae be. Mind yae, I dinnae want tae dae anything if it isnae gud and lawful and what a respectable dwarf wouldae. I ken Oi've made a fair amount a mistakes in the past, but Oi would hope that even a dwarf such as mae could change. So whit dae yae hae in mind, Arindale?"

Arindale wrote:
"Purn was always the one that found out where to go in our last group...before the poor bugger died that is."

"Did yae sae that poor Purn died? What didyae hae the bugger daein? This is where Oi truly believe in danger pay! If yae want mae tae set off all thae traps b'fore yae all get hit, that's fine and all, but Oi think Oi should bae getting some bonus compensation for the danger o' the work. Ach, what am Oi even saying?! We daennae even hae a wee bit of work tae dae. Oi certainly dinnae like the job of throwing wee folk out o' pubs for cheatin! As Oi think aboot it, Oi'd be a crackin worker at testin the drinks at the bar." Tybek says with a grin hidden under his bushy unkempt beard.


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) AC 20 HP 29/29 F: +5 R: +2 W:+5 Perc: +2

Arindale loses the Dwarf off and on during most of their conversations, but does understand enough to respond, I was thinking that in bars, people generally talk...sometime a lot. Especially when they had some to drink!
Maybe we can find out where some work or adventure is? Maybe some hidden treasure? The other thing we could use is a wizard. You know, someone that can throw fire and blow up stuff from a distance willing to join us. They can be pretty useful.

Arindale's face goes red with some shame, Purn and the rest of my friends were amubushed by Goblins. I barely escaped with my life...they didn't.
The man obviously doesn't want to say more.

What about you Glorf, did your feeling tell you were any treasure is? Hopefully not guarded by a dragon or something...


Dwarf Rogue 3 (hp: 31/31, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14, Perception +7 (+9 Traps), Stealth +13)

Tybek grins a little as he listens to Arindale state the obvious.

"Aye, that's richt! People like tae talk in places like this! That's why they come here. Yae should be able tae find any sort a person yae're lookin fer. A wizard will be tougher cause they usually have their head stuck in a book, but Oi wouldnae be surprised. Yae sure like treasure don't yae, friend?"

After listening to Arindale's short tale of his previous companions, the dwarf sighs heavily and then replies.

"Ach! Goblins! Pesky wee beasties those creatures! Oi'm sae sorry aboot yer friend, Purn. That's a shame they kilt em. Well at least it wasnae a trap! There's nothin worse than getting stabbed by a dart only tae discover that some idjit put poison on it. It makes yer stomach churn and yae get the red woodjies all over!"

Tybek takes another drink from his near empty tankard of ale and looks hopefully at the bottle of whisky. He then takes out his pocket watch and checks the time again.

"Oi think it's time fer anither drink! Whaddaya say we help yae oot with yer whisky, kinsman?!"


HP 25/25; Per +12 (+2 outside); AC 16, Touch 14, Flat 13; Gimpy HP 28/28; Per +6; AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14

"There's not all that much to tell, really. Gimpy was caught in a trap and I freed him and healed his leg. Where we're from, it's not unheard of for people and animals to bond over such an event, and that's what happened with us. And that's also why I call him Gimpy - a bit of a joke, given our history together," he replied.

Bluff: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10

Sense Motive DC 10:
Maegge's telling of the story seems too neat to be complete or the whole truth. He's clearly leaving something, likely important, out of it.

"What's your name, by the way? I'm Maegge, and this is Braden."


Ranim - Don't forget to make knowledge checks if you want any info on the pictures - look at the first post in this thread. You can make checks untrained as a bard I believe.

With the halfling and gnome tossing over, the inn settles back into a more normal tone and the various group return to their private conversations.

The serving girl returns to Ranim with another big bowl of venison stew and a glass of Taldoran red wine. As she places it on the table: The boss says you gotta pay, if you are as good as you claim, you are welcome to preform later on and we can pay you back. Unfortunately as you saw with those short people - at this she glances at Braden and Maegge - some people do not stay here long enough to give credit unless Zorin knows you well.

With that she heads back over to the dwarves and Arindale: So, you gentlemen ready for some food? Or are you planning on a liquid dinner today?

After taking your orders, if any, she continues serving the other tables.

Perception 17:

You don't hear much, but the two men with the swords and the short woman by the wall seem to be discussing a recent encounter to the north and west with some dog faced creatures. They also mention that the bandit raids in that area seem to be increasing in number which has caused them to decide to head elsewhere to seek their fortune.

Perception 18:

The four men with the turbans by the fire are also discussing recent bandit raids. The are saying that the north route toward Galt is all but closed because of recent raids and the complete disappearance of at least one caravan.


Profile not in use

Glorfin eases back onto his stool after giving the dark man an approving nod. Taking his glass of whiskey he drains it in a single draught, allowing the burning liquid to swirl within his mouth for several seconds before gulping it down. He allows the cruder discussion from the human and Tybek to flow over unchallenged.

At the serving girl's return he asks for "Cheese and cold meat will suffice for mine." intending to pair it with the dark bread.

Tybek's request for whiskey is met with a wave of acquiescence for him to help himself. His only answer to what to do next is a shrug of his shoulders and a comment "Have faith... I do not think you would need linger long in a place such as this to find what you desire."


Dwarf Rogue 3 (hp: 31/31, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14, Perception +7 (+9 Traps), Stealth +13)
Serving Lady wrote:
"So, you gentlemen ready for some food? Or are you planning on a liquid dinner today?"

"Aye, how much fer the meat and cheese platter? It daesnae cost tae much does it?"

Glofin wrote:
"Have faith... I do not think you would need linger long in a place such as this to find what you desire."

"Oi suppose your richt about that!" Tybek replies with a grin on his face as he uncorks the bottle of whisky and helps himself to a glass. "Oi suppose Oi shouldnae doubt such things!"

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

"Arindale, yae made the statement that here in the pub people generally blether a lot. Well, Oi was just overhearing some blether from the twa blade men and the wee lady that they met some dug men tae the northwest. They must be talkin aboot kobolds! They also said that the raids are increasing. This may be an fine opportunity tae be of service to the good folk of the area and hunt some wee dug men."

Gesturing to the men with the turbans, Tybek continues talking, "And dae yae see the men with the fancy hats? They are talkin aboot the disappearance of ane o' there caravans. They are sayin that the road tae the north is practically closed due tae all the raiding. They didnae say who's causin all the trouble, but Oi'd say there certainly has tae be some bandits aboot up there. Oi'd say tak yer pick if yer lookin fer work with yer blade."

"What aboot yae Glorfin? Dae yae think yae feel the call tae tak oot a few pesky wee dug beasties?"


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) AC 20 HP 29/29 F: +5 R: +2 W:+5 Perc: +2

Hmmm, he looks over at another table and spots something tasty, Looks like I'll take the mutton pie.


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) AC 20 HP 29/29 F: +5 R: +2 W:+5 Perc: +2
Tybek Odeon wrote:
Serving Lady wrote:
"So, you gentlemen ready for some food? Or are you planning on a liquid dinner today?"

"Aye, how much fer the meat and cheese platter? It daesnae cost tae much does it?"

Glofin wrote:
"Have faith... I do not think you would need linger long in a place such as this to find what you desire."

"Oi suppose your richt about that!" Tybek replies with a grin on his face as he uncorks the bottle of whisky and helps himself to a glass. "Oi suppose Oi shouldnae doubt such things!"

Perception 1d20+5

"Arindale, yae made the statement that here in the pub people generally blether a lot. Well, Oi was just overhearing some blether from the twa blade men and the wee lady that they met some dug men tae the northwest. They must be talkin aboot kobolds! They also said that the raids are increasing. This may be an fine opportunity tae be of service to the good folk of the area and hunt some wee dug men."

Gesturing to the men with the turbans, Tybek whispers quietly, "And dae yae see the men with the fancy hats? They are talkin aboot the disappearance of ane o' there caravans. They are saying that the road tae the north is practically closed due tae all the raiding. They didnae say who's causin all the trouble, but they are certainly some bandits aboot up there. Oi'd say tak yer pick if yer lookin fer work with yer blade."

"What aboot yae Glorfin? Dae yae think yae feel the call tae tak oot a few pesky wee dug beasties?"

Hmmm, I like the sound of the raiders...Kobolds generally means caves and dark, dingy places with low ceilings that are hard to fight in.

Why don't we head north tomorrow and see if we can't track em down and kill em? They probably have goods that they stole that we can claim as well as their heads.


Dwarf Rogue 3 (hp: 31/31, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14, Perception +7 (+9 Traps), Stealth +13)
Arindale wrote:
"Looks like I'll take the mutton pie."

"Mutton pie?! Dannae spend all yer money on the fancy food! We need tae save some for our thirst yae ken!! If yae keep spendin at this rate, we'll need tae look for work b'fore . . . ." Tybek takes another glance at his pocket watch, " . . . well, before we gae tae bed! By the way, did yae pay for our room yet, Arindale? Yae dae like tae sleep don't yae?!"

Arindale wrote:
"Why don't we head north tomorrow and see if we can't track em down and kill em? They probably have goods that they stole that we can claim as well as their heads."

"That's a nae bad idea! Not onlie dae we get their treasure, we are daein a gud deed fer the gud folk who like tae dae their tradin. Mind yae, mae axe daes like tae feast on wee dug men. "


Hobbit [hp = 19/22; AC14/T14/ff11; F +1; R+3; W+4 CMD 12]

Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Braden speaks to Maegge and the beautiful bard, "I think we all have our magic skills. Those dwarves and that human look like they could handle the heavy lifting and the heavy fighting. Maybe we should team up with them?"

After a short pause, "I recommend we decide on a leader first, that way when we ask them we have an established authority figure that will lead the merged group. If we follow one of them we will find ourselves drinking in taverns all day if what they say about dwarves and Cayden followers is true. I volunteer, as I would much rather tell people what to do than do what I am told, but I have been told my people skills are quite lacking." Braden gives a look at the serving girl to prove his point.


Dwarf Rogue 3 (hp: 31/31, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14, Perception +7 (+9 Traps), Stealth +13)
Braden wrote:
"I think we all have our magic skills. Those dwarves and that human look like they could handle the heavy lifting and the heavy fighting. Maybe we should team up with them?

Catching the word, Dwarf, Tybek tries to lower his voice (a difficult task for the boisterous dwarf) and mentions to his new companions.

"Now, mae friends, Oi don't want yae tae look, but dae yae see the table with the wee willy water drinkin halflings and the pretty lookin lass? At the moment they're talkin aboot us. Oi think they're look fer adventure tae. Oi dunnae, but they might be oor competition, or they micht be our new partners in crime. Uhmm, Oi mean, partners in gud deeds! Harhar!"


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) AC 20 HP 29/29 F: +5 R: +2 W:+5 Perc: +2

Then we should ask them!

Looking over the Dwarf's shoulder at the table with the Halflings and the human women, You three looking for some adventure? Are any of you a wizard?
We could use some finger wigglers to help us...you know Wizards! Anyways, we are planning to....
Arindale seems to pause for a moment...looking around the tavern...like something suddenly dawns on him.

Well, maybe it would be better if we told you what we are planning to do somewhere's else. We don't want the bad guys to get wind of what we are up too, isn't that right Glorf!

I am Arindale, servant of Cayden Cailean, and these are my new Dwarven friends, Glorf and Ty.
Now that we have met, we have lots to do, what do you say?

He gives you an infective grin...although the man does seem a bit simple...


Keep going, makes it much easier on me if you all get together on your own.


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) AC 20 HP 29/29 F: +5 R: +2 W:+5 Perc: +2

He he...wasn't sure if you had something else planned, but Arindales simple and trusting nature usually gets him going in this diection...


Hobbit [hp = 19/22; AC14/T14/ff11; F +1; R+3; W+4 CMD 12]

Braden responds to the cleric's question with more specificity, "I am a wizard, call me Braden, the other halfling, Maegge, is a druid, and our Suli companion Ranim here is a bard. Looking at your group, it seems you are all capable adventurers and like to operate in the thick of things. We are more of your supporting cast--I tend to specialize in bringing creatures from other dimensions to fight on my behalf. It appears our two groups might be well served merging together."

The hobbit stands up and smiles while taking of his spectacles, but he still has to look up at the human. There is a glint of mischief and intelligence in his eyes, "Now, if YOU would like to join US, I am sure we could sure use your talents. Equal split for everyone and no need to sign anything: a dwarf's word is better than many a name signed in blood. I fancy myself to be quite the master of organization and preparation. The wizards' way is to have the right resources, whether they be spells or people, ready for the right occasion. In our group you will no longer have to worry about being overpowered on the magic side."

Braden takes out a pipe and begins to pack it with tobacco. He then uses a flint and steel to get his pipe going.


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) AC 20 HP 29/29 F: +5 R: +2 W:+5 Perc: +2

oooh, a whole group of finger wigglers, boys we just struck gold! he says with glee.

Arindale give the Halfling a blank look at his counter-proposal...

He looks to his Dwarven friends, Hey, I thought they were going to join our group?!?!
I had a great name picked out for our group and everything! The Spears of the Dragon!.

He looks to the dwarves and their response...


HP 25/25; Per +12 (+2 outside); AC 16, Touch 14, Flat 13; Gimpy HP 28/28; Per +6; AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14

Surely you mean siswai'aman?

Maegge stirs at being labeled a "finger wiggler", but as the term was at least partially apt, decides to not say anything. He'd said enough already in this place, and not necessarily to his benefit. Regardless, it was likely best to defer to his elder: it wasn't as if they were asking after the special properties of chase-devil, after all.


Dwarf Rogue 3 (hp: 31/31, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14, Perception +7 (+9 Traps), Stealth +13)

Tybek rolls his eyes as Arindale gets up and starts to talk to the halflings.

Oi told him nae tae look and what does he dae? He looks! We're gonna hae to practice following directions.

Tybek listens to the conversation between the cleric and the others. He grunts an indistinguishable word and gives a small nod as he is introduced to them, but he doesn't offer a hand.

Arindale wrote:
"Hey, I thought they were going to join our group?!?! I had a great name picked out for our group and everything! The Spears of the Dragon!."

"Ach, of course the're joining oor group, but we cannae call oorselves The Spears o' the Dragon! Yae dannae expect a mighty dwarf or twa tae be followin the wee folk dae yae?!! Ach! letmae tak it frae here."

Tybek stands up and addresses the halflings and the Suli, "We're understandin that yae would like tae join our mighty company! Well, if that be true, then we need tae discuss some o' the details. First order o' buisiness is tae ken that we cannae stop for breakfast, second breakfast, tea, lunch, second lunch, supper, or any sort o' meal whenever yae wantae!"

Tybek pulls out his pocket watch still attached to its chain, looks at it, and puts it back in his pocket.

"We will need tae hae a strict schedule fer all of the meals and breaks. Secondly, yae need tae find a different drink tae order at the pubs besides water b'fore this company gets the reputation o' bein a bunch o' safties! Sae, are we agreed tae the first twa conditions?"


Braden, watch what you know IC. I do not think that Ranim has told anyone that she is a Suli - I don't even know whether she know that she is a Suli. Also, I have not seen anything IC that she is a bard - perhaps she just likes singing or dancing. For any responses, you should probably ignore that part of the comments. I am sure that it will come out before long, but I have bards in other campaigns who play essentially as fighters and are almost embarrassed of their magical powers.

Also, I am not sure that Maegge has published that he is a druid, although having travelled together for a few days, Braden likely learned this.

As you all begin to chat, the serving girl returns with a large plate of cheese. A mixture of goat and sheep cheese along with a number of others of which you are uncertain of the origin. All are fragrant and easy to spread on the dark bread she had earlier brought to the table. Also there are thinly sliced pieces meat, most likely lamb and pork from the appearance.

I hope you enjoy this, you all seem to have more exotic tastes than many here. Most like those four by the fire, stick solely to well salted and spiced meats.

She turns to Ramin. More guards and regulars should be here in another hour or so if you should wish to perform. I will warn you though, some from the east have different views of entertainment, so be careful.


[(HP 20/26 | AC15 T11 FF13 CMD16 | F+2 R+4 W+2 | Inish +1 Per +3 S.M. +5) Female Suli Bard 3

Rolls for pictures:

nature 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
planes 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Dungeoneering 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Planes 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dungeoneering 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
History 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Local 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14


[(HP 20/26 | AC15 T11 FF13 CMD16 | F+2 R+4 W+2 | Inish +1 Per +3 S.M. +5) Female Suli Bard 3

Couple retcons quick.

Maegge Weissam wrote:
"What's your name, by the way? I'm Maegge, and this is Braden."

Aware the halfling hasn't told the full story, Ranim decides to let him keep his secrets for now. "My name is Ranim, Maegge. A pleasure to make your acquaintence. And if the story of your elk isn't of interest, perhaps the one that brings you here might be of more interest?"

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As the server informs Ranim of the conditions, she carefully pulls out a Sail. "I've used most of my Caps and Wolves just making it this far. Better not to reveal too much coinage."

She places the coin to the woman. "Of course. I'm certain it will be well worth it." With that she smiles.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the suggestion of joining the others, she gives the two halflings another smile. "Sounds interesting. Maybe one of us should go ask them." Giving the moment a dramatic pause before volunteering, the moment is ruined as the human of the trio comes over and offers first. A bit of back and forth occurs and is interrupted by the serving girl. "I do believe I am interested whatever it is you have in mind, but it's time I start warming up my voice abit. Perhaps the five of you can come to some agreement and I'll see if I'm still interested after a performance. I hope you all enjoy. And thank you for the warning, miss. Do you by chance have a room I could rent as well for the evening, so I can do some warm ups in privacy?"

Ranim knows she isn't quite normal, though not fully aware of being a Suli at this point.


The serving girl looks back to Ranim. We have a few beds left in the common room, they are 2 Wolves each. I am guessing you would prefer a private room, we have three private rooms with two beds in each left, they are 5 Wolves a piece.

She also looks to those consuming the meat and cheese and the stew.

The stew is 3 Wolves a bowl, the meat and cheese is 4 Wolves. No charge for the bread unless you start taking loaves home with you.


[(HP 20/26 | AC15 T11 FF13 CMD16 | F+2 R+4 W+2 | Inish +1 Per +3 S.M. +5) Female Suli Bard 3

"One of the private rooms please, then." "I hope I can make at least some of this back this evening."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just to post ahead, since it won't be until tomorrow night I can post again (maybe in the morning I'll have time for a brief one.

Ranim will prepare herself as best able. While she doesn't have any of her special outfits with her, she does her best to dress herself up. Coming out into the common room, she starts off with a common drinking song, a way to brighten the spirits of those in attendance and get the alcohol flowing. A drunk audience often tips better than a sober one, and a happy one often brings in more patrons.

As the night wears on she takes her cues from the audience, directing her songs as they call forth, taking a couple breaks in between to keep her voice smooth. As the night wears on, she changes the songs to more mellow tunes, to help prevent the audience from becoming too rambunctious.

Perform (Song): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26


Hobbit [hp = 19/22; AC14/T14/ff11; F +1; R+3; W+4 CMD 12]

Not being familiar with Suli, I should have did more research. My apologies.


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) AC 20 HP 29/29 F: +5 R: +2 W:+5 Perc: +2
DM Chaos wrote:

The serving girl looks back to Ranim. We have a few beds left in the common room, they are 2 Wolves each. I am guessing you would prefer a private room, we have three private rooms with two beds in each left, they are 5 Wolves a piece.

She also looks to those consuming the meat and cheese and the stew.

The stew is 3 Wolves a bowl, the meat and cheese is 4 Wolves. No charge for the bread unless you start taking loaves home with you.

Maybe the common room then...you're right I need to save my last coin.

Arindale eats some stew and bread. He gives the girl another gold for their beds and food.

He enjoys the nights performance, enough to throw in a Silver for her efforts. He wants to give her more, to try and impress the pretty girl, but he looks in his purse to see what little he has left.

He hopes the quest to destroy the raiders will provide more funds.


While the crowd initially begins by making cat calls and off color jokes about Ranim's Varisian accent, these quickly cease as her skilled singing voice fills the inn. Within an hour, the room is packed with a crown enraptured by the performance, and the poor serving girl is looking extremely harried, but also pleased as it is clear that her tips are better than usual.

When Ranim takes a break, she even gets two offers from men with eastern clothing to accompany them back into Casmaron, you are not sure whether this would be for entertainment or as a wife or concubine, but decide that is not the best choice. In addition, by the end of the night, Ranim has managed to collect 1 Sails, 18 Wolves and 23 Caps tossed by the patrons.

Zorin, the barkeep and owner, at the end of the evening comes up and gives Ranim a big hug and kisses her on both cheeks. That was amazing, we have not had a singer as skilled as you here in years. You are welcome to perform her any time you wish.

With that, he hands you two gold Sails and tells you that anything else you wish that night is on the house.

The evening winds down with you all discussing your plans, whatever they may be. Feel free to have any more discussion as to your plans and I will move things forward either late tonight or tomorrow.


Profile not in use

Glorfin turns to nod at the halflings and lady with them when introduced, but his neck bristles somewhat at the liberties taken by Tybek's companion. Talking plainly and neutrally... though still forcefully Glorfin speaks "Well met all, but Glorfin Umbar-Caeli has not yet made any promise of association nor fealty to Arindale or Tybek and so neither may speak for me. I share their table and they my whiskey... but I am not yet moved to state that we share a purpose."

"To act against agents of banditry and theft is a noble task... but I am not yet convinced that it is the one that I have been called here to perform..."


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) AC 20 HP 29/29 F: +5 R: +2 W:+5 Perc: +2

Hmmph, well you might as well come with us until your god shows you your path...I am still waiting for Cayden to appear and give me some clue as to mine...I haven't had any feelings or anything!!
To be honest I kind of thought he would have showed up by now.

See if he knows the symbol on your shield...nope!
Fixed post, for some reason thought you just said your god but it was your last name :]

knowledge religion 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


Hobbit [hp = 19/22; AC14/T14/ff11; F +1; R+3; W+4 CMD 12]

Braden is enraptured by Ranim's performance and completely suspends talks of partnerships and adventures. He admires the artistry of Ranim's songs, especially how this craft makes people like her. He is somewhat envious of the adoration and attention she receives. His applause is as loud as the others.

At the conclusion of the performance, Braden feels the letdown after a wonderful show. After overhearing the conversation between the barkeep and Ranim as he edges to congratulate her, Braden whispers to Ranim, "You were wonderful. Tell him you want lots of stew at your table, lots of stew."

Afterwards, Glorfin's sober words jolt Braden back to business. "It is wise to reflect carefully between making lasting associations. As a follower of Chaldira, I trust my instincts and jump into great opportunities when they are presented. Unlike Chaldira, I may not always have Desna to rescue me from my missteps, but I feel Chaldira will make things work out if my heart is good. I caution you Glorfin Umbar-Caeli, do not be like the young maiden rejecting many good suitors while waiting for the prince to ask her to marry her. I prefer to do a small good now rather than wait for a greater good later. Take this from a small one who waited too long to try to make a difference in the world and was happy to eat his six square meals a day."


Profile not in use

Heh - Glorfin actually hasn't stated what god he follows. He's given a hint in Dwarvish, and his shield bears it's sigil... but its a fairly obscure one.


Profile not in use

Glorfin nods still stony faced at the halfling "And what opportunities do you speak of? - all I have heard said is a repetition of gossip heard in a bar being taken as truth."

To Arindale he corrects "I do not expect Ogoun himself to appear before me... but it was his will that brought me here. I will not defile it by acting without his blessing."


Hobbit [hp = 19/22; AC14/T14/ff11; F +1; R+3; W+4 CMD 12]

Braden looks at Glorfin somewhat surprised, "What opportunities? To join our group and be part of something greater than yourself."

Braden puts on his glasses again and begins to lecture as he puffs leisurely on his pipe, "My readings and research indicates the typical dwarf performs well as a member of a group. The rigid clan structure is one indication of this. Dwarves that leave dwarven society tend to be outcasts and loners. There is no greater shame in many dwarf societies than to be a clanless dwarf."

Looking at Arindale, "I could further make assumptions of followers of Cayden. My readings say that a certain god abhors the structure of a group and the feelings that one has obligations to another man above himself. He purposely did not honor commitments and obligations to prove that he was not REQUIRED to honor commitments and obligations."

After Braden delivers his lecture, he seems to more fully realize the dangers of the subject matter and adds, "But my knowledge is not first hand, but from years of reading and study. I am sure the debate is not closed on these matters and your personal opinions carry great weight also."

After realizing his pipe smoke has been going straight into Glorfin's face, Braden decides to take his seat and eat some more stew.


HP 25/25; Per +12 (+2 outside); AC 16, Touch 14, Flat 13; Gimpy HP 28/28; Per +6; AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14

"Before anyone's tempers get worked up, wouldn't it be better to further investigate the stories of what may be going on? There's no point arguing over partnership or reward shares if there aren't actually any bandits, or rewards available for their capture," piped up Maegge, hoping to keep things to a practical matter.


Profile not in use

Glorfin is unmoved by Braden's monologue and replies "I do not seek to change your mind Braden... though you seek to lecture me on matters which you know not. What makes you believe that I would trust your words over that of my god?" facing the halfling directly and setting his cold blue eyes upon him. There is no malice in his stare, but there is iron edging his voice and the surety of stone in his eyes.


Dwarf Rogue 3 (hp: 31/31, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14, Perception +7 (+9 Traps), Stealth +13)
Ranim wrote:
"I do believe I am interested whatever it is you have in mind, but it's time I start warming up my voice abit. Perhaps the five of you can come to some agreement and I'll see if I'm still interested after a performance. I hope you all enjoy."

"Well, Oi thank yae fer the warning. Oi dannae like surprises!"

Once the bard gets up to perform, Tybek checks his watch and then listens to what Glorfin has to say.

Glorfin wrote:
"Well met all, but Glorfin Umbar-Caeli has not yet made any promise of association nor fealty to Arindale or Tybek and so neither may speak for me. I share their table and they my whiskey... but I am not yet moved to state that we share a purpose."

"Well said, Kinsman! And yae should ken that Oi dannae share the enthusiasm o' mae trusting friend, Arindale. Oi think Oi should hear a great deal mair aboot yae all b'fore Oi make a decision to let yae join up with us."

Hearing all of the conversations happening at the table, and the singing by the bard, Tybek just raises his voice and speaks a little louder so he can be heard. First he addresses Braden and then he talks to Maegge.

"First o' all, yae better tell mae yer names again. Oi forget what yae said. Was it Braggin and Mudge? Well tell mae, Braggin, if yae are indeed a wizard, how dae yae carry all yer books and tomes around? Yae dannae look tae strong tae me. Har Har! Dae yae hae some spells tae help yae lift em up? Har Har!"

"And yae, Mudge, Oi hear yae are a druid. Yae must like tae spend a' yer time in thae woods! Dae yae ken how tae talk with the animals? Hae aboot thae trees? Tell mae, if we need tae make a fire in the woods, dae yae mind if Oi cut a few wee branches with moi axe?"

Arindale wrote:
"...I am still waiting for Cayden to appear and give me some clue as to mine...I haven't had any feelings or anything!! To be honest I kind of thought he would have showed up by now."

"Ach, That'll be the day! Oi wouldnae hold yer breath if Oi were yae! But at least bein a follower tae the drunken hero gies yae gud reason tae hae anither wee nip!"

Maegge wrote:
"Before anyone's tempers get worked up, wouldn't it be better to further investigate the stories of what may be going on? There's no point arguing over partnership or reward shares if there aren't actually any bandits, or rewards available for their capture,"

"Aye now there's a wee bit o' reasoning fer all of us that Oi didnae expect tae hear frae a halfling. Mebbae ane of yae should make some blether and see if there is some work tae be had b'fore we assemble the company."

Later in the night, once Ranim returns to the table from her stunning performance, Tybek makes conversation with her.

"That was nae bad, lassie! Yae mustae been daein that a long time. Tell mae, when yae are facing a pack o' wee dug men snarling and preparin tae bit yae, is there a particular song yae like tae sing that can sooth the savage beastie?!! Har Har!"


Hobbit [hp = 19/22; AC14/T14/ff11; F +1; R+3; W+4 CMD 12]

Braden gets animated after hearing Maegge's and Tybek's words.
"Too early to form a company? How can that be?"

The hobbit's face fills with childlike wonder as he points the stem of his pipe at the art in the tavern and the colorful patrons in the tavern.

"Look where we are, we are in the Inn of the Spider Queen. We just watched a crooked game, two people tossed out of a bar, heard a spellbinding performance, and we haven't even spent a night here. There will be things to do here, and I will be doing them. They will be great things, and my family will be proud."

The look of determination fades from Braden's face, but the wonder is still there when he is finished. Realizing his stew bowl is unfinished and Ranim's unlimited stew arrangement only lasts so long, Braden sits back down and speaks to Maegge.
"I can't believe I waited so long to do this."


HP 25/25; Per +12 (+2 outside); AC 16, Touch 14, Flat 13; Gimpy HP 28/28; Per +6; AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14

"Aside from her quite-lovely singing, I thought that was all typical of places like this," commented Maegge.

"I think," he continued to the big, scary Dwarf that seemed like he was about to get angry at Braden, "that what he's trying to say is that since putting down bandits isn't against your religion, you may as well join us until you feel called otherwise."

To the other Dwarf, asking about his way with nature, he replied, "Why would you want to cut branches? That's dumb. Dead ones on the ground are easier to gather, and burn better."


Profile not in use

"If there is truly a call from whomever governs this town to resolve an issue of banditry, then I may well see it fit for my purpose." steadily working his way into the platter of meat and cheese before him.


Dwarf Rogue 3 (hp: 31/31, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14, Perception +7 (+9 Traps), Stealth +13)
Braden wrote:
"Too early to form a company? How can that be?"

"Well Bragin, Oi just didnae want tae be tae hasty. Choosin yer travel and fightin companions is a richt important decision. Oi'd like tae hear mair aboot yae, and mebbae a wee bit o' yer history as well. Telll mae, halfling, hae yae or your friends ever been tae Meheto or Faldamont in yer travels?"

Braden wrote:
There will be things to do here, and I will be doing them. They will be great things, and my family will be proud."

Tybek replies in a serious tone, but you cannot tell if he is being serious or making fun of you. "Awwww! That's awfffy sweet. It is very noice tae make yer family proud. So who in yer family are yae talkin aboot? Yer mummy, yer daddy, oor mebbae yer wee dug?"

Maegge wrote:
"Why would you want to cut branches? That's dumb. Dead ones on the ground are easier to gather, and burn better."

"Oi just wanted tae see what ye'd say, but aye, that's very clever answer! Oi suppose that would be a better way tae handle it. It's probably much easier tae chop at the deid wood than the livin branches anyway. Now Oi dae hae a serious question fer yae, Mudge. Are there such things as livin trees that dae not like the sight o' axes in their woods?"

Glorfin wrote:
"If there is truly a call from whomever governs this town to resolve an issue of banditry, then I may well see it fit for my purpose."

"I cannae doubt that yae would be a good addition to oor company, Glorfin, but if it helps yae tae feel better, then mebbae yae should hae a wee chat with the captain o' the guard. Dae yae want me tae come along with yae, or do yae think yae should hae yer wee blether withoot me?"


[(HP 20/26 | AC15 T11 FF13 CMD16 | F+2 R+4 W+2 | Inish +1 Per +3 S.M. +5) Female Suli Bard 3
DM Chaos wrote:

While the crowd initially begins by making cat calls and off color jokes about Ranim's Varisian accent, these quickly cease as her skilled singing voice fills the inn. Within an hour, the room is packed with a crown enraptured by the performance, and the poor serving girl is looking extremely harried, but also pleased as it is clear that her tips are better than usual.

When Ranim takes a break, she even gets two offers from men with eastern clothing to accompany them back into Casmaron, you are not sure whether this would be for entertainment or as a wife or concubine, but decide that is not the best choice. In addition, by the end of the night, Ranim has managed to collect 1 Sails, 18 Wolves and 23 Caps tossed by the patrons.

Zorin, the barkeep and owner, at the end of the evening comes up and gives Ranim a big hug and kisses her on both cheeks. That was amazing, we have not had a singer as skilled as you here in years. You are welcome to perform her any time you wish.

With that, he hands you two gold Sails and tells you that anything else you wish that night is on the house.

Knowing how fickle an audience can be, Ranim is pleasantly surprised at such a wonderful turn out. Even the offers presented are a mere mild inconvenience she sets aside in her thoughts. When Zorin comes and embraces her, she returns the gesture, making sure she is welcome if the need arises. "I may need a better outfit. I should have brought a few with me. The things we don't think about until it's too late."

Braden Montajay wrote:

Braden is enraptured by Ranim's performance and completely suspends talks of partnerships and adventures. He admires the artistry of Ranim's songs, especially how this craft makes people like her. He is somewhat envious of the adoration and attention she receives. His applause is as loud as the others.

At the conclusion of the performance, Braden feels the letdown after a wonderful show. After overhearing the conversation between the barkeep and Ranim as he edges to congratulate her, Braden whispers to Ranim, "You were wonderful. Tell him you want lots of stew at your table, lots of stew."

Ranim gives a well timed blush at Braden's comments, more from practice than actual embarassment. "I shall have to do that, Braden. And I'm glad you enjoyed the performance. You'll have to tell me how the discussions went."

Tybek Odeon wrote:
Ranim wrote:
"I do believe I am interested whatever it is you have in mind, but it's time I start warming up my voice abit. Perhaps the five of you can come to some agreement and I'll see if I'm still interested after a performance. I hope you all enjoy."

"Well, Oi thank yae fer the warning. Oi dannae like surprises!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later in the night, once Ranim returns from her stunning performance...

"I do indeed have such a song. It's not as sweet as any of the ones I did before, but it does the job as well as the ones I just sang did for my meals for the evening." As she speaks, she displays a length of leather studded with razors, kept hidden amongst the few belongings she possesses.


I am happily following along. I pretty much have the next step ready, just waiting for you all to figure out what you are doing for the night before I post anything.


Profile not in use

"I plan to do that kinsman. Depending on what is said and my take of it, my conscience may be called to act..." Glorfin's stoic facade cracks slightly as he gives Tybek a smile "If you wish to accompany me as spokesdwarf of yourself and any else who swear association to you... then I might be in a position to make use of a person and group with skills such as you and yours." sweeping his hand from Tybek to include the others.

Sitting straight and smile cementing itself into place on his face, Glorfin is pleased with himself. Pouring himself a couple more fingers of whiskey and swirling the heady concoction in his glass before sipping and feeling the warmth of the spirit fill his mouth.


Dwarf Rogue 3 (hp: 31/31, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14, Perception +7 (+9 Traps), Stealth +13)
Glorfin Umbar-Caeli wrote:

"I plan to do that kinsman. Depending on what is said and my take of it, my conscience may be called to act..." Glorfin's stoic facade cracks slightly as he gives Tybek a smile "If you wish to accompany me as spokesdwarf of yourself and any else who swear association to you... then I might be in a position to make use of a person and group with skills such as you and yours." sweeping his hand from Tybek to include the others.

Tybek contemplates Glorfin's offer with an initial harumph, but doesn't exactly say no. He takes out his pocket watch again and winds it up as he ponders the possibilities. Then he suddenly pours himself another finger of whisky, as if he has made up his mind.

"Hmmmm. Yae dae look like a strong and able dwarf, my friend. Speaking fer maeself, Oi'd be willin to accompany yae if yae could promise a share o' the takings tae help mae wid my expenses and if yae promise tae keep offerin a few wee nips tae warm mae insides along the journey! What dae yae sae? Shall we drink tae that?"


Profile not in use

Raising his glass, but not drinking straight away Glorfin adds "First, we can see if there is any need... only then should we talk of the path ahead."


HP 25/25; Per +12 (+2 outside); AC 16, Touch 14, Flat 13; Gimpy HP 28/28; Per +6; AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14

That's what I said, not that anyone besides Tybek - I think that's his name - noticed, Maegge testily thought to himself.

Eyeing the bottle that the dwarfs were rapidly disposing of, he posed the question "What are you all drinking there? Is it good?" He pulls out three bright Wolf coins, which he thought he remembered the serving girl as saying how much such a drink cost.


Profile not in use

To Maegge, Glorfin gestures for the bottle to be sampled if he wished "Whiskey... though I would call it but passable compared to the spirits of my home"

51 to 100 of 3,447 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Temple of Elemental Evil - The black heart of natural catastrophe. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.