Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Temple of Elemental Evil - Delving the depths of the Abyss on Golarian.

Game Master Tirion Jörðhár

The classic AD&D Temple of Elemental Evil - with a Pathfinder and Golarian twist.

Village of Hommlet - with building numbers <-- Legend in Campaign Info


751 to 800 of 3,447 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>

HP 25/25; Per +12 (+2 outside); AC 16, Touch 14, Flat 13; Gimpy HP 28/28; Per +6; AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14

Maegge bids Gimpy to stay outside and look after the other mounts, and follows after the group entering the cave.


You head back into the cave. After about 15' it turns to the right and then back to the left. After about 40' it opens up into a large cave. The smell is quite offensive at this point and in the cave you see about 20 goblins sleeping around the room. A number appear to be females and there are also at least a dozen smaller ones, likely children. Despite the noise outside, these all appear to be asleep.

In the back it appears that either the cave continues or there is another chamber of some sort. The cavern is probably 25 feet long and 15-30 feet wide at different points.

As the group enters the chamber, Zert gets a big grin. This is going to be easy. He immediately goes to the first goblin lying on a mat of stale straw and refuse and raises his sword for a killing blow.

CDG: 2d8 + 8 ⇒ (2, 1) + 8 = 11

His blow completely severs the goblin's head from its body.


Profile not in use

Glorfin enters the chamber behind Zert and weighs his actions before grimly accepting them. Fearing the noise of his armor might awaken the sleeping goblins, he stays outside the chamber and leaves the grisly work to Zert and any who might join him.


Dwarf Rogue 3 (hp: 31/31, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14, Perception +7 (+9 Traps), Stealth +13)

CDG 2d8 + 8 ⇒ (8, 1) + 8 = 17
Stealth 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Grrrr! I dannae like the grim job o' crushin the wee gobbies, but Oi ken they are nasty wee beasties when they grow up!

Tybek grits his teeth and assists with the grim job of killing the goblins, executing his tactics quietly and precisely.

CDG 2d8 + 8 ⇒ (7, 8) + 8 = 23
Stealth 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

CDG 2d8 + 8 ⇒ (8, 3) + 8 = 19
Stealth 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

CDG 2d8 + 8 ⇒ (6, 2) + 8 = 16
Stealth 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

CDG 2d8 + 8 ⇒ (7, 3) + 8 = 18
Stealth 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) AC 20 HP 29/29 F: +5 R: +2 W:+5 Perc: +2

Arindale looks down on the sleeping Goblins...they killed his friends he thinks...but he finds though that he can not raise his morningstar to finish them. Killing them in battle is one thing, slaughtering them in their sleep another.
He stays at the edge of this chamber watching the exit and waiting to make sre his friends are okay as they finish their task. He stops the Halflings before they enter the chamber...

and whispers, You don't want to see this, it is a grim job and not one I think you have the stomach for...the Goblins must be finished though.


Hobbit [hp = 19/22; AC14/T14/ff11; F +1; R+3; W+4 CMD 12]

Braden looks at Arindale with dilated eyes behind his spectacles and whispers,
"You would be surprised what I have the stomach for."

Braden calmly steps into the threshold with his light crossbow and does a quick calculation of the lethal force of his mechanism versus the damage his companions are doing. Obviously coming up with an answer he nods and retreats back out, waiting for the grim business to be over.


HP 25/25; Per +12 (+2 outside); AC 16, Touch 14, Flat 13; Gimpy HP 28/28; Per +6; AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14

At Arindale's warning, Maegge gulps and stays outside the inner chamber.


[(HP 20/26 | AC15 T11 FF13 CMD16 | F+2 R+4 W+2 | Inish +1 Per +3 S.M. +5) Female Suli Bard 3

Not quite understanding what Zert was going on about, when he finishes the first of the goblins, she suddenly lurches to the side, nearly falling to her knees. Covering her mouth with her hand, she turns away from the sight. "You never hear about this part in the songs." She whispers aloud.


DM Rolls:

5d20 ⇒ (10, 9, 19, 7, 1) = 46

Tybek joins Zert in the bloody work and the two are surprisingly adept at murdering the sleeping goblins. However, as Tybek's axe cleaves through the fourth goblin, it strikes a dog sticker which was apparently hidden behind its head. The blade goes clanking across the floor striking, but not injuring a goblin on the far side of the cave. The goblin pops awake and shouts something in goblin which none of you understand since I do not think that anyone speaks goblin. Suddenly there is a rustling among the sleeping monsters as lots of eyes quickly pop open.

Initiative:

Arindale: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Braden: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Glorfin: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18
Maegge: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Ramin: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Tybek: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Zert: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Goblins: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Surprise Round

Braden
Glorfin
Ramin
Arindale
Zert
Maegge
Tybek

Round 1

Braden
Glorfin
Ramin
Arindale
Zert
Maegge
Tybek

Battlemap
Pink = still sleeping
Light Blue = waking up, but still prone

Surprise Round:
Zert continues to grin and just strikes another sleeping goblin.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

From the wound it receives, it looks likely the now armless goblin will arise soon.


Profile not in use

Surprise:

Glorfin strides into the room and stands ready to strike at any goblins attempting to rise.

Move to H,6


Dwarf Rogue 3 (hp: 31/31, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14, Perception +7 (+9 Traps), Stealth +13)

Chaos, can you clarify, where Tybek's axe was flown. Where does he need to go to retrieve it?


HP 25/25; Per +12 (+2 outside); AC 16, Touch 14, Flat 13; Gimpy HP 28/28; Per +6; AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14

I thought he was referring to the dogslicer, not your axe.

Surprise Round

Hearing what sounded like a high-pitched yipping sound from inside the cave that could only have been a goblin, Maegge draws his sickle and tensely waits for the bigger, more combat-adept people to clear enough room for him to see what's going on and maybe help out.


Maegge is right, it was not your axe, your axe struck a dogslicer (dagger) that the goblin had hidden under his head. As a result, the dogslicer went skittering across the floor clanging as it went and struck a sleeping goblin. This combination of noise, and getting whacked with a dogslicer pommel woke up a few of the goblins.


Hobbit [hp = 19/22; AC14/T14/ff11; F +1; R+3; W+4 CMD 12]

Braden moves in to help.
move to J6 (surprise).
Grabbing Tybek's sleeve and whispering , "move there" I8 "and hit that one"I9
Round 1 Braden casts grease and retreats towards K9 if room is available. Grease DC 17 G8-9 H8-9
To the others he points to the goblins on the left side of the room.

grease:

Grease

School conjuration (creation); Level bard 1, sorcerer/wizard 1

Casting Time 1 standard action

Components V, S, M (butter)

Range close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)

Target one object or 10-ft. square

Duration 1 min./level (D)

Save see text; SR no

A grease spell covers a solid surface with a layer of slippery grease. Any creature in the area when the spell is cast must make a successful Reflex save or fall. A creature can walk within or through the area of grease at half normal speed with a DC 10 Acrobatics check. Failure means it can't move that round (and must then make a Reflex save or fall), while failure by 5 or more means it falls (see the Acrobatics skill for details). Creatures that do not move on their turn do not need to make this check and are not considered flat-footed.

The spell can also be used to create a greasy coating on an item. Material objects not in use are always affected by this spell, while an object wielded or employed by a creature requires its bearer to make a Reflex saving throw to avoid the effect. If the initial saving throw fails, the creature immediately drops the item. A saving throw must be made in each round that the creature attempts to pick up or use the greased item. A creature wearing greased armor or clothing gains a +10 circumstance bonus on Escape Artist checks and combat maneuver checks made to escape a grapple, and to their CMD to avoid being grappled.


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) AC 20 HP 29/29 F: +5 R: +2 W:+5 Perc: +2

Arindale moves to H,7.
If they move before he attacks he will AOO the one in G,8 as it tries to stand.
AOO: moringstar atk prone 1d20 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 3 + 4 = 25 dam 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Dwarf Rogue 3 (hp: 31/31, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14, Perception +7 (+9 Traps), Stealth +13)

Surprise Round

Tybek moves to H7 and attacks the goblin at G8.

Battle Axe 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Ach, the gobbies are startin tae wake up!


Hobbit [hp = 19/22; AC14/T14/ff11; F +1; R+3; W+4 CMD 12]

If Tybek's hit connects, Braden retreats five feet back and shoots goblin at his feet.
Round 1 new actions=step H6-I6 full attack I5 cdg small lt xbow2d6 ⇒ (3, 3) = 6
Somewhere I read 'No plan survives contact with the enemy'.


[(HP 20/26 | AC15 T11 FF13 CMD16 | F+2 R+4 W+2 | Inish +1 Per +3 S.M. +5) Female Suli Bard 3

Surprise!

Turning back at the sound, Ranim quickly steps back into dance, her movements somewhat sluggish still as she recovers from the earlier scene.

Inspire courage. Also it's Ranim, not Ramin.


Sorry, too late to update this at this point. Will get it done in the morning.


Surprise Round - Recap
Seeing the goblins beginning to stir, you all quickly charge into the room. Tybek's axe sever's another's spine. With a look of glee, Zert continues to massacre all the goblins that he can get his sword into. Maegge decides that bloodshed is not his forte and remains in the back making sure that none of the sleeping goblins escape. While this is going on, the sneaky wizard comes in and inserts his dagger between a sleeping goblin's vertebre assuring that the goblin will not awake. Even the ever stoic Glorfin gets into the act by shuffling forward and putting one of the goblins to sleep - forever.

Round 1
The noise from the battle causes the remaining goblins to wake up. Those which had previously awakened begin to stand.

Zert AoO: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

As he does so, Zert slashes the female across the throat causing the goblins green blood to soak down her front before she follows the blood onto the ground.

The remaining goblin (H9) awake in the surprise round, gets up and shouts something in his strange goblin tongue which none of you understand. You hear a response come from down the passage at the north end of the cavern.

The goblin then draws his rusty dogslicer and moves to I8 to attack Tybek.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Unfortunately, if you are a goblin or DM, the nimble dwarf manages to avoid the rusty and pitted blade.

A moment later, Zert drops his shield and steps forward making a great cleaving swing with his sword at the two prone goblins (F5, F6).

Zert-cleave @F5: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Zert-cleave @F6: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

His sword cleaves completely through the first goblin and then partially into the second completely covering himself in the goblins gore while assuring that neither will be joining the fight.

Round 1

Goblins
Braden
Glorfin
Ramin
Arindale
Zert
Maegge
Tybek

Battlemap


Dwarf Rogue 3 (hp: 31/31, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14, Perception +7 (+9 Traps), Stealth +13)
Chaos wrote:
"Unfortunately, if you are a goblin or DM, the nimble dwarf manages to avoid the rusty and pitted blade."

What do you mean, unfortunately?!!!

Round 1

Tybek steps forward and attacks the next standing goblin (I8). If that goblin is already down, then he will strike H8 with a CDG.

Battle Axe 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

or

CDG 2d8 + 8 ⇒ (4, 7) + 8 = 19


Profile not in use

Round 1:

As all of the goblins near to him are ended, Glorfin strides deeper within the chamber and attempts to bury his warhammer in another's chest...

Warhammer: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17 for 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Move to F7, attack E,7


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) AC 20 HP 29/29 F: +5 R: +2 W:+5 Perc: +2

Arindale stpes to I,7 and attacks the Goblin in I,8
moringstar atk inspire prone 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 1 + 4 = 17 dam 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


[(HP 20/26 | AC15 T11 FF13 CMD16 | F+2 R+4 W+2 | Inish +1 Per +3 S.M. +5) Female Suli Bard 3

Round 1

Stats:

HP: 9/9
Bardic Music: 5/8
Spells
1st - 1/2
Effects
Inspire Courage

Ranim steps into the room, drawing her whip as she moves and unleashes a strike to one of the goblins.

End Inspire Courage, lingers 2 rounds. 5' step in J7, move to draw whip, standard to strike I9.

Whip...: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 3 + 1 = 15
...lash!: 1d4 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 = 7


HP 25/25; Per +12 (+2 outside); AC 16, Touch 14, Flat 13; Gimpy HP 28/28; Per +6; AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14

Round 1

Maegge steps up to the spot Ranim had just freed, weapon in hand.

Move to K6


Ranim - not sure whether you are doing lethal or non-lethal damage. Please indicate which when using a whip.

Round 1 - Recap
Following the lead of the bloodied Zert, the group makes short work of all but one remaining goblin. Tybek steps up and his racial hatred shows through as he disembowels yet another goblin. Likewise, Glorfin steps forward and crushes the goblin before him which was attempting to stand. At the same time, Ramin ceases her singing, but the beat remains in your heads allowing your weapons to continue to strike a little truer and a little harder. She then pulls out a vicious whip which she uses to make sure another goblin never gets up again. Zert likewise has finished off another goblin and is not mostly covered in goblin blood from head to toe, but does not seem to notice.

Round 2
The remaining goblin gets up and attempts to run past Glorfin and into the passage to the north.

Glorfin - AoO
--> Also, Glorfin can make a regular attack if he wishes to follow the goblin. Nobody else can reach the goblin this round without double moves.

Seeing the goblin begin to run, Zert calls out: Stop him, we need to get all the suckers.

Perception DC10:

From down the passage, you hear someone calling out commands in goblin.

Perception DC15:

You also hear the sounds of weapons being drawn and what sounds like chanting.


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) AC 20 HP 29/29 F: +5 R: +2 W:+5 Perc: +2

perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 I hear NOTHING!!!!!!


[(HP 20/26 | AC15 T11 FF13 CMD16 | F+2 R+4 W+2 | Inish +1 Per +3 S.M. +5) Female Suli Bard 3

Scorpion whip, so pretty sure lethal.


Profile not in use

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

AoO: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 1 = 15 for 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 1 = 10

Glorfin does not ken much of what lies ahead, but has enough wits about him to stop the goblin that attempts to flee past him with a hip crushing swing.

Assuming 10 damage takes him out?


Hobbit [hp = 19/22; AC14/T14/ff11; F +1; R+3; W+4 CMD 12]

Per1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15+3 low light/shadows

"Chanting and weapons coming out of their scabbards ahead and some goblin giving orders."
Braden moves ahead, begins to chant himself, and a dimensional portal starts to form ahead.
Round 2 move G7, std:Summon Monster I--full round spell


Dwarf Rogue 3 (hp: 31/31, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14, Perception +7 (+9 Traps), Stealth +13)

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Braden wrote:
"Chanting and weapons coming out of their scabbards ahead."

Are yae sure?! I cannae hear a thing! Mebbae yae still here the ringin o' mae axe when Oi crushed the last gobbie!"


As the goblin runs by, Glorfin's hammer swings out and lays the goblin down with a bloody thunk.

All the goblins are down. Now that it is quiet - other than Tybek shouting that he is deaf - you all can hear the noises that Braden was referencing coming from the passage to the northeast.


Profile not in use

Moving to the passage's entrance Glorfin states the obvious "The time for stealth is past" calling upon his divine taint upon his blood to bring the light of heavens unto himself. Touching the sigil of Ogoun that lies upon his hammer to his brow it appears as though his beard and hair flare into a cold flame that sheds light into the chamber. "I walk before you..." moving into the passage and towards the noises with shield raised protectively.


Dwarf Rogue 3 (hp: 31/31, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14, Perception +7 (+9 Traps), Stealth +13)
Glorfin Umbar-Caeli wrote:
Moving to the passage's entrance Glorfin states the obvious "The time for stealth is past"

"Well it wasnae m' fault that the idjit gobbie put a wee blade under his pillow, and it went flyin across the room and stabbed anither gobbie in the face tae wake 'em up, who then made mair noise and woke near the whole damned lair!" Tybek grumbles defensively.

Glorfin wrote:
"I walk before you..."moving into the passage and towards the noises with shield raised protectively.

"Aye, at this point, Oi dunnae care if yae wantae go first! Be mae guest! Mind yae, Oi'll be right behind yae wid mae axe ready tae strike!"

Noticing the cold flame shedding light into the chamber, Tybek looks with awe and wonder, but can only fumble out a few lame words, "Dae yae ken that yae're having a wee bit a trouble tamin yer hair? Oi dannae ken what yae did, but it daesnae look loik it's behavin!"


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) AC 20 HP 29/29 F: +5 R: +2 W:+5 Perc: +2

Does the opening in the north appear to open into another room? Do the ceiling seem to grow higher?
Arindale casts Divine Favor on himself and then moves up behind Glorf.


Dwarf Rogue 3 (hp: 31/31, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14, Perception +7 (+9 Traps), Stealth +13)

As Arindale tries to take position behind Glorfin, Tybek interjects, "Hey dannae try tae cut the queue, mae friend. We need yae tae help us dwarves oot in case we get hurt. We're trustin yae tae keep us alive jist incase things dannae gae sae well! Just yae stay richt behind me with yer healin aura o' ale at the ready, and we'll see this through tae the end!"


HP 25/25; Per +12 (+2 outside); AC 16, Touch 14, Flat 13; Gimpy HP 28/28; Per +6; AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14
Arindale wrote:
I hear NOTHING!!!!!!

Easy, there, Sergeant Schultz.

Maegge follows up behind, not knowing what else to do.


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) AC 20 HP 29/29 F: +5 R: +2 W:+5 Perc: +2
Tybek Odeon wrote:
As Arindale tries to take position behind Glorfin, Tybek interjects, "Hey dannae try tae cut the queue, mae friend. We need yae tae help us dwarves oot in case we get hurt. We're trustin yae tae keep us alive jist incase things dannae gae sae well! Just yae stay richt behind me with yer healin aura o' ale at the ready, and we'll see this through tae the end!"

If you stay behind me until we get up to the Goblins then I won't have to heal you Ty! he begins to argue with the Dwarf...forgetting that they are in the middle of combat...

I was wondering if anyone would catch that reference.


[(HP 20/26 | AC15 T11 FF13 CMD16 | F+2 R+4 W+2 | Inish +1 Per +3 S.M. +5) Female Suli Bard 3

One last look around the cave, Ranim follows the others inside, whip at the ready.


DM rolls:

1d20 ⇒ 13
1d20 ⇒ 20

I need a perception check from Glorfin and Arindale - I believe they are the two in front.


Profile not in use

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 And re-stating that I'm perfectly happy for DM Chaos to roll for me rather than wait for me any time an individual roll such as this is needed.

Grimly set and urgent, Glorfin Fire-Mane stalks purposefully through the tunnel. The words of his companions are heard, but do not dissuage him from focusing upon the path ahead.


Hobbit [hp = 19/22; AC14/T14/ff11; F +1; R+3; W+4 CMD 12]

As an engineer/statistician I believe in the concept of random and independent events--roll for me at ANY time (even save versus death) just use my racial luck if it is important!

Braden patiently waits the full six seconds for his dimensional portal to fully form. In the heat of combat he seems to pondering something: he is intellectually curious how time seems to slow down in stressful times.
Is it the rush of blood or a mental defense mechanism?
Celestial dog will appear C10

dog:

This burly dog is fitted with a small saddle. A low, menacing growl rumbles up from its chest.

Riding Dog CR 1

XP 400

N Medium Animal

Init +2; Senses low-light vision, scent; Perception +8

Defense

AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 11 (+2 Dex, +1 natural)

hp 13 (2d8+4)

Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1

Offense

Speed 40 ft.

Melee bite +3 (1d6+3 plus trip)

Statistics

Str 15, Dex 15, Con 15, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 6

Base Atk +1; CMB +3; CMD 15 (19 vs. trip)

Feats Skill Focus (Perception)

Skills Acrobatics +6 (+14 jumping), Perception +8, Survival +1 (+5 scent tracking); Racial Modifiers +4 Acrobatics when jumping, +4 Survival when tracking by scent


Perception-Arindale:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

New Combat

Surprise Round

Glorfin and Arindale head around the corner and suddenly find themselves faced with five goblins with shortbows aimed. Several other goblins are behind these including one slightly larger one and one with a series of baubles and feathers hanging from her head.

The woman in the feathers raises her hands and a strange unholy idol requesting assistance from some godforsaken deity.

Spellcraft DC16:

Casting Bless

The goblins then fire their crossbows.

Attack-shortbow-Glorfin: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Damage:1d4 ⇒ 3

Attack-shortbow-Glorfin: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Damage:1d4 ⇒ 3

Attack-shortbow-Glorfin: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Damage:1d4 ⇒ 3

Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Damage:2d4 ⇒ (3, 1) = 4

Attack-shortbow-Arindale: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Damage:1d4 ⇒ 2

Attack-shortbow-Arindale: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Damage:1d4 ⇒ 1

Initiative:

Arindale: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Braden: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Glorfin: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17
Maegge: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Ramin: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Tybek: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Goblins: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

-->Ok, this is unreal you guys get 2x18, a 19 and a 20 on Init, and they still beat you. Better than these being their attack rolls.

Round 1

Goblins
Arindale
Ramin
Maegge
Braden
Tybek
Glorfin

The goblins reload their bows and fire again.

Attack-shortbow-Glorfin: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Damage:1d4 ⇒ 1

Attack-shortbow-Glorfin: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Damage:1d4 ⇒ 2

Attack-shortbow-Glorfin: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Damage:1d4 ⇒ 1

Attack-shortbow-Arindale: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Damage:1d4 ⇒ 3

Attack-shortbow-Arindale: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Damage:1d4 ⇒ 3

The shaman begins to again call on its benefactor.

Spellcraft DC16:

Protection from Good

The other goblins in back draw their short swords and appear ready to attack.

Battlemap


Profile not in use

Round 1: 6/15 HP, AC 16 (with shield)

Arindale - you should have soft cover from Glorfin - so add +4 to your AC to calculate what hits you.

Grimacing as the arrows of the goblins strike home upon his flesh, Glorfin does not allow it to slow his advance. Silently he strides forth and into the heart of the goblins, seeking to bludgeon his way toward the priestess...

Warhammer Power Attack: 1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 4 - 1 = 20 for 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 2 = 9

Move to B,7 - attack B,6


Hobbit [hp = 19/22; AC14/T14/ff11; F +1; R+3; W+4 CMD 12]

Braden sends the dog to engage (attack) and advances to take Aarindale's place and cast. A patch of grease appears on the ground.

Move B9--cast grease DC17 over squares:C7,C8,D7,D8

grease:

School conjuration (creation); Level bard 1, sorcerer/wizard 1

Casting Time 1 standard action

Components V, S, M (butter)

Range close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)

Target one object or 10-ft. square

Duration 1 min./level (D)

Save see text; SR no

A grease spell covers a solid surface with a layer of slippery grease. Any creature in the area when the spell is cast must make a successful Reflex save or fall. A creature can walk within or through the area of grease at half normal speed with a DC 10 Acrobatics check. Failure means it can't move that round (and must then make a Reflex save or fall), while failure by 5 or more means it falls (see the Acrobatics skill for details). Creatures that do not move on their turn do not need to make this check and are not considered flat-footed.

The spell can also be used to create a greasy coating on an item. Material objects not in use are always affected by this spell, while an object wielded or employed by a creature requires its bearer to make a Reflex saving throw to avoid the effect. If the initial saving throw fails, the creature immediately drops the item. A saving throw must be made in each round that the creature attempts to pick up or use the greased item. A creature wearing greased armor or clothing gains a +10 circumstance bonus on Escape Artist checks and combat maneuver checks made to escape a grapple, and to their CMD to avoid being grappled.


[(HP 20/26 | AC15 T11 FF13 CMD16 | F+2 R+4 W+2 | Inish +1 Per +3 S.M. +5) Female Suli Bard 3

Round 1

Stats:

HP: 9/9
Bardic Music: 4/8
Spells
1st - 1/2
Effects
Inspire Courage

Ranim begins her dance once anew, combining with a song of glory, detailing battles of old, dwarves on the march against a goblin horde, creatures falling under axe and hammer.

Inspire Courage.


Male Human Cleric 3 (FC) AC 20 HP 29/29 F: +5 R: +2 W:+5 Perc: +2

Hoping none of the Goblins are hurt yet, Arindale releases a wave of healing into Glorf...he then moves up to B,8 to make sure the dwarven warrior isn't surrounded.
channel positive energy 1d6 ⇒ 5 to anyone in our group that might be hurt

Current Effects:
HP: 11/11
AC: 18
Inspire Courage: 3/3r (minimum due to lingering performance)
Agile Feet: 3/5
Ferosity: 4/5
CPE: 4/5


Dwarf Rogue 3 (hp: 31/31, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14, Perception +7 (+9 Traps), Stealth +13)

Should I be higher up in the order of things when you consider my initiative roll?

Round 1

Tybek moves to -B9 and attacks the goblin at -C9.

Battleaxe 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Damage 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Wid yae stay still yae pesky wee gobbies!"


Round 1 - Intrim Recap

Despite taking several small arrows to his body, the stonelike dwarf moves forward landing a devastating blow to the goblin on the end of the line which quickly falls to the ground bleeding profusely. A moment later Glorfin feels the warmth of ale throughout his body as several of the arrow wounds close up. Tybek moves up next to Aarindale and swings his blade, but comes away with nothing but air for his effort.

While this is occurring you all begin to hear a rousing song about hordes of goblins being overrun by brave adventurers from Ranim which provides all with increased strength and confidence about the fight.

Then suddenly, Braden's summoned puppy arrives biting at the goblin in front of Glorfin.

Attack-dog: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

The dog sinks its teeth into the goblins shoulder and shakes and rips the small humanoid until it is clear the monster will be doing no more combat this day, or ever. As this is occurring, a shimmering glow appears around Braden's hand which suddenly streaks forward to a point about 5' in front of Glorfin where it sinks to the floor causing the entire area to shimmer as though covered in a thin layer of oil.

For future reference, I do not consider Grease to create a flammable area. Just a really slick surface on whatever it covers.

--> @ Braden, since one of the goblins is down, let me know if you would prefer to retarget your spell.

Finally, Zert moves up next to Tybek and again swings his blood covered sword at another of the goblins.

Attack-longsword:1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 1 = 13
Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 1 = 11

Unfortunately, Zerts great zeal did not extend to his aim and the blow sails harmlessly over the goblin's head.

Maegge is up and I need a confirmation on where Braden wishes to center his grease spell. Then I will post the goblin's Round 2 actions.


Hobbit [hp = 19/22; AC14/T14/ff11; F +1; R+3; W+4 CMD 12]

Adjust 5 feet right = C8,C9,D8,D9

751 to 800 of 3,447 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Temple of Elemental Evil - The black heart of natural catastrophe. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.