Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Team Dwarf/Gnome in Elves vs Dwarves -- ELVES KEEP OUT (Inactive)

Game Master Chainmail

Homebrew old school campaign where elves and dwarves interact in an ever increasing way as the game continues.
current map


401 to 450 of 3,400 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Magnum heaves two hatchets each at the ghoul standing over Khazad, and then another two at him again--a hatchet from each volley hits him finally putting him down.
1d20 ⇒ 171d20 ⇒ 31d20 ⇒ 141d20 ⇒ 31d4 ⇒ 41d4 ⇒ 31d4 ⇒ 21d4 ⇒ 3


Two ghouls rush to attack Big Mug, who is fighting defensively. 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 81d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

One ghoul flanks Brask for a bite, another flanks Brask and bites and claws with both arms.
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 61d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 201d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 141d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 201d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 21d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 61d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 31d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Another ghoul that isn't flanking tries to bite the Brask.
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 132d6 + 1 ⇒ (5, 3) + 1 = 9
Brask is hit for 11 and is in the 3 FORT saves at DC13 to avoid paralysis club - remember +1 if GT was imbibed
Kragg charges and hits an untouched ghoul and obliterates him with a mighty swing of his dwarven weapon.


"Neji,you may want to zap those hurt ones with the wand that never misses--only six left"

Round 3
20 Ninni <---
18 Khazad
17 Neji
13 Brask
13 Undead right
12 Hon
9 Big Mug<--
7 Magnum
6 Undead left
5 Kragg
1 Thograt

Andoran

Ninni Charges g10 moving to L24 and striking it with fists of rage.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Female Gnome Sorcerer 2
Magnum tE wrote:
"Neji,you may want to zap those hurt ones with the wand that never misses--only six left"

Neji suddenly blinks rapidly, brought out of her daydream which involved Khazad and Brask by Magnum's words. "Yes. Yes! Good idea - I'd forgotten about that, though it here in hand. "

Neji will move forward 20' and fire the Wand of Magic Missile (x2...?) at a nearby wounded ghoul.
damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Neji, Gnome Sorceress wrote:
Magnum tE wrote:
"Neji,you may want to zap those hurt ones with the wand that never misses--only six left"

Neji suddenly blinks rapidly, brought out of her daydream which involved Khazad and Brask by Magnum's words. "Yes. Yes! Good idea - I'd forgotten about that, though it here in hand. "

Neji will move forward 20' and fire the Wand of Magic Missile (x2...?) at a nearby wounded ghoul.
damage: 1d 4 + 1

1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

When two bolts of magic force slam into the ghoul finishing it off--Neji seems a little surprised.

Brask to go if he can make his 3 saves.


Female Gnome Sorcerer 2
Chainmail wrote:
When two bolts of magic force slam into the ghoul finishing it off--Neji seems a little surprised.

"Wow. Well it's a good thing then that I hadnt used this like I did this one time on band camp. "


Female Gnome Sorcerer 2

She slips one of the loops free of the wand, leaving just four.


I did down a cup of GT and managed not to be downed myself.

Fort saves (How I hate thee):
1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 3 + 1 = 19
1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 3 + 1 = 19
1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 3 + 1 = 19

(Okay, we're good.)

"ME DEAD GRAMMA CAN 'IT 'ARDER THAN THAT!" Thunders Brask's voice as he swings at g6

Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 1 = 12
Damage: 1d12 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Chainmail:
Sorry I'm a little confused... what was Thograts action in round two?


Thograt Ironheart wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Thograt:
rd 0 Bless rd 1 full move ahead rd 2 charge to hold the line but miss on the attack

After hurtling down the hall and throwing himself into the fray--Thograt feels the power of the Dwarven gods lifting the evil as every ghoul is dispatched. His axe misses, but his words seem to have an effect on the survivors.


Brask still stands and defies the ghouls, who will not go after the others till they get him down.
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 171d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 211d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 81d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 31d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 21d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
The first ghoul to attack Brask savages him with a bite and a claw and he falls to the ground barely unconscious and stable (0hp)
Ninni is next being somewhat vulnerable after a charge and faces bites and claw attacks from two ghouls
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 191d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 141d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 111d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 21d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 41d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 231d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 81d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 211d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 31d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 31d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
and is hit for 9 with two FORT saves
Kragg evadess a bite
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 81d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17


Round 3
20 Ninni
18 Khazad
17 Neji
13 Brask
13 Undead right
12 Hon <---
9 Big Mug
7 Magnum
6 Undead left
5 Kragg
1 Thograt

Hon to go with clear shot to an injured ghoul out of melee
Magnum is stepping up and ready to unlease a barrage at the ghouls facing Ninni.

"You can knock some of us down, but we have hard heads and always come back for more."

Sczarni

Rogue3/Wiz1 by training, Machiavellian by temperment

"Ahhh, there you are... Lessee, steady hand, breathe in, aim, let it out with a trigger pull. Pin the bugger to the wall!Crossbow crunch

Spoiler:

Crossbow, heavy: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 + 1 = 13; Damage 1d10 ⇒ 5
Autocrit roll1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 + 1 = 22; Damage 1d10 ⇒ 2
Bolts 20-2=18
Sure. Waste a 20 on the crit confirm. grrr

"No need to get up and personal yet. Probably catch some flak about the length of my beard." He shakes his head and begins to reload his heavy crossbow again. And I am NOT compensating!


Hon wings the already hurt one again.
Magnum unleashes a hatchet volley and both hit the acid singed ghoul fighting Neji for lethal damage. Out of hatchets he throws two hand axes at the next one engaged and both hit finishing him off. One is left unhurt and one left badly hurt.
1d20 ⇒ 101d20 ⇒ 81d4 ⇒ 41d4 ⇒ 1
1d20 ⇒ 121d20 ⇒ 81d6 ⇒ 11d6 ⇒ 1
"Kragg, rush to standover Brask, no Coup de Graces by these ghouls today"


Male dwarf Cleric 1

Seeing the ghouls drop in front of him Kragg moves forcefully in engage the other ghouls before they have a chance to finish the meal that they started on the unfortunate Brask and Khazad. Kragg is insulted by the fact that Magmun suggested such an action. Any good dwarf would hurry to stand over a fallen comrade unless countermanded by a superior leader. The nerve of the human to think that he would not do likewise.

Charge to J25 and attack g1 with axe head1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 2 = 16
damage 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

status:

AC: 15
HP: 13
if AOO, attack the same ghoul: to hit 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29, damage 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


Kragg almost drops the ghoul with one hit. The ghoul withdraws around the 3 foot platform into the main room.

Kragg and Hon are more experienced--they are level 2 too. HP = HD/2+1 per level now. Kragg can learn style--options for two weapon thrown.

"Great job Kragg, you are no longer a tenderfoot. Let me know if you want to learn Northern style."

Thograt to go--last ghoul is cut off and will probably be taken care of by others.


1d6 ⇒ 4

Thograt prays to Torag "Allow me power to heal their wounds."
And he channels the received energy into a burst that covers everyone healing the wounds of the living. 30ft radius burst from my position so every one gets hit and heals 4 pts of Dmg.


Brask needs two more FOR saves as he is at 4hp, but took a bite and claw. I will let Khazad, (and maybe Brask) know when paralysis ends. Back to the top of the order=Ninni.

The entire group hears the clank of armor from back in the huge room ahead.

Kragg:
Just at the edge of his darkvision Kragg sees what looks to be another dwarf group marching. Except this is a BAD dwarf army. Two grim fighters behind full helms weilding war axes and holding tower shields, a gnome on a skeletal war dog in full armor with a lance. The second rank has support troops. A skeletal dwarf wearing studded leather armor and carrying a shortbow and a gnome with a pointed wizard hat follow. There is a bannerman, but instead of the dwarven standard several loops of skulls adorn a bone pole. The group appears and moves to the left side of the platform (F32-H32 and the second row in F34-H34). Ninni can't see this due to a lack of light. Any quick descriptions uttered to the group need to keep to the 20 word limit.


Male dwarf Cleric 1

20 word limit: #$%@, Six more left of platform; last dwarven expedition, three melee heavily armored, three support, all dead. Advance or fallback?

Sczarni

Rogue3/Wiz1 by training, Machiavellian by temperment

Ah crap. Anybody here know something about undead diplomancy? Gotta reload this behemoth again. If they move slower, perhaps a running battle? Having said his piece, he concentrates on reloading. Then moves just inside the side alcove, watching both entrances.


Round 4
20 Ninni <---
18 Khazad
17 Neji
13 Brask
13 g4
12 Hon
9 Big Mug
7 Magnum
6 Severely injured ghoul
5 Kragg
1 Thograt

secret DM rolls:
INIT for bad dwarves 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

"I guess I'll pull Khaz back until he comes out of it.


"Good thing we found the secret doors then."


As the team regroups a little Thograt casts cure light wounds on Brask.

1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Andoran

Forts:1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 5 + 1 = 18
1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 1 = 14

Including a bonus from GT witch I would have participated in.

Ninni Is not overpower by the ghouls bite and returns the favor with a flurry of her fists to its face.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Confirm:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

First attack totals to 6 damage

AC 20
Hp 14/19


Before Ninni moves, Brask watches the undead slowly advance.

Ninni charges the last ghoul and dispatches it with a well placed blow.

Round 4
20 Undead Dwarves
20 Ninni
18 Khazad P
17 Neji <---
13 Brask P? (2 Fort DC 13)
12 Hon
9 Big Mug
7 Magnum
6 Severely injured ghoul
5 Kragg
1 Thograt CLW planned


Female Gnome Sorcerer 2

Neil casts Dancing Lights, and sends them ahead to illuminate the new Dwarven foes. She will move the four lanterns to keep them as the focus of the room.

Dancing Lights:

School evocation [light]; Level bard 0, sorcerer/wizard 0

Casting Time 1 standard action

Components V, S

Range medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)

Effect Up to four lights, all within a 10-ft.-radius area

Duration 1 minute (D)

Saving Throw none; Spell Resistance no

Depending on the version selected, you create up to four lights that resemble lanterns or torches (and cast that amount of light), or up to four glowing spheres of light (which look like will-o'-wisps), or one faintly glowing, vaguely humanoid shape. The dancing lights must stay within a 10-foot-radius area in relation to each other but otherwise move as you desire (no concentration required): forward or back, up or down, straight or turning corners, or the like. The lights can move up to 100 feet per round. A light winks out if the distance between you and it exceeds the spell's range.

You can only have one dancing lights spell active at any one time. If you cast this spell while another casting is still in effect, the previous casting is dispelled. If you make this spell permanent, it does not count against this limit.

Dancing lights can be made permanent with a permanency spell.


Brask FORT saves 1d20 ⇒ 11d20 ⇒ 16
Brask is paralyzed and prone.
Big Mug yells "Kragg, drag em back, by their beards if you have to."


"MMMPH MMPHT MMPH MMMMM!"
Translation: "That just ain't right."

Fort saves:
1:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
2:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20


Correction Prone and not paralyzed.


Was waiting for neji, but I doubt the poor girl's gonna do anything that might affect my actions.
Braks crawls five feet away from the chamber.
"Ye couldnae moved jus' a little, Kragg?"


Female Gnome Sorcerer 2
Brask Alpsbane wrote:

Was waiting for neji, but I doubt the poor girl's gonna do anything that might affect my actions.

Braks crawls five feet away from the chamber.
"Ye couldnae moved jus' a little, Kragg?"

Five posts up - I cast Dancing Lights to illuminate the new dwarves foes. If you'd stop staring at my breasts...


Round 4
20 Undead Dwarves
20 Ninni
18 Khazad P
17 Neji
13 Brask
12 Hon <----
9 Big Mug
7 Magnum
6 Severely injured ghoul
5 Kragg
1 Thograt CLW planned

Sczarni

Rogue3/Wiz1 by training, Machiavellian by temperment

@Neji: Hahahahaha I actually did lol.
"I'll see if I can prevent flanking or better yet flank on our terms.
Hon with his reloaded crossbow, moves into the formerly secret alcove (H17), to cover this entrance as well as maintain sight of Brask.
Stealth 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 20’speed


secret dm roll:
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Magnum advances and buckles a full set of hatchets on.


In the dancing lights you see what looks to be another dwarf group marching. Except this is a BAD dwarf army. Two grim fighters behind full helms weilding war axes and holding tower shields, a gnome on a skeletal war dog in full armor with a lance. The second rank has support troops. A skeletal dwarf wearing studded leather armor and carrying a shortbow and a gnome with a pointed wizard hat follow. There is a bannerman, but instead of the dwarven standard several loops of skulls adorn a bone pole.


Male dwarf Cleric 1

Listening to the banner man, Kragg does his best to grab Khazad and drag him back 20 ft depositing him in L21 while Kragg ends in L22.

Standard to pick up, move to L22, free to drop.


Thograt steps up behind Brask and casts cure light wounds (10 hp healed, rolled in post above.)


Big Mug advances and Thograt heals Brask.
"Let's give em more of the same."


The skeletal dwarf in the studded leather fires his light crossbow at Brask before two armored dwarf sized figures advance throught the doorway and attack Brask. dwarves hit for 8
The skeletal gnomish wizard with the pointy hat points to the room and greasy substance coats the floor under Big Mug and Brask and spreads back into the room. The gnomish armored figure on the skeletal dog maneuvres in the background. The dwarvish skeletal bannerman shakes his skulls and tries to rattle your morale, but your morale is strong due to the the banner and the Thograt's bolstering magic.
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 81d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 171d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 181d6 ⇒ 11d10 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 51d10 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Round 5
20 Undead Dwarves
20 Ninni <-----
18 Khazad P
17 Neji
13 Brask
12 Hon
9 Big Mug
7 Magnum
6 Ghoul
5 Kragg
1 Thograt


Reflex to stay standing:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17 (Sweet!)

Brask looks at the fighter in front of him, and laughs.
"Why are ye so glum? Dwarves need ta go ta battle wit' a song on their lips!"

Correct me if I'm wrong about this, but I'm assuming that Brask still has his axe in hand.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Damage: 1d12 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Even though he misses, Brask begins singing a cheery tune.

A ring o' an axe, an' tha twang o' a bow
Did sound one misty morn'
An' all I coul' see was the face o' a lass
So pretty was she tha' me heart was torn.

Perform (sing) if needed: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (19) - 2 = 17...figures

Andoran

Ninni five foots forward to I24 and flurry's the nearby Undead fighter as well as signing a tune of her own.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

When the enemy's surrounding,
and we think our nerves will fail,
when we hear the trumpets sounding,
and they make us quake and quail,
grab your mug and we'll be pounding
down another round of ale!

And we'll drink,
to the glory of adventure!


Ninni's blows cannot penetrate the master work half plate and tower shield the two fighters are wearing.
"Hey, they're wearing some good armor."
Big Mug sings.. "Six skeletons clanking around, if one of those skeletons should happen to fall...well I'm hoping for some half plate."


Khazad is still paralyzed, but feels he can act next round (6).
Maybe there is half plate in his future?


Female Gnome Sorcerer 2

Neji scuttles forward 20' (to L20) with her MM wand in hand, the other wand hanging from her wrist. She watches the gnomish wizard carefully, waiting for him to begin casting a spell.

"Bit stiff there, Khazad."

Ready Action: cast MM from the Wand when the wizard begins casting a spell. This will force a Concentration Check = 10 + damage dealt + spell level.

Damage: 1d4 + 1 + 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + (1) + 1 = 6
Concentration Check = DC 17
(Check = 1d20 + caster level + relevant ability modifier (probably Int mod).


Male dwarf Cleric 1

Kragg moves 10 feet south to L24 completing the defensive line holding the undead at bay for the moment. The glorious singing of the dwarves lifts his spirits as he proceeds to attack the foul corruption in front of him.

2-handed attack with axe head1d20 + 7 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 7 + 1 + 1 = 24
damage 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

If someone takes his place then he will double move through the secret room on the right to N19.


Male Dwarf Fighter 4

Khazad feels the numbness slowly leaving his body, starting with the head. He tries to speak but his tongue doesn't serve him quite well yet.
Fanksh fer shavin' mah shorry butt, Kragg! Ah, damn. Now could shum'one grab a potion from mah belt and pour it into me?


REF 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Kragg manages to slip a hefty blow through the undead dwarf and his defenses. To his surprise, the skeleton underneath shrugs off more than half of the cutting damage.

Sczarni

Rogue3/Wiz1 by training, Machiavellian by temperment

Not sure if we are still waiting for Brask to post. But Hon will...

Hon hearing the combat from the main hall, decides to work the situation to his advantage. He moves to G26(or G27 to get within ~30') and sneak attacks the dwarven wizard.

[spoiler] Crossbow, heavy: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 2 + 1 = 17; Damage 1d10 ⇒ 3
SneakAttack 1d6 ⇒ 3
Bolts 20-3=17
You know, I had the potential for 26 dmg and only get 6. (heavy heavy sigh)


Big Mug keeps his balance and moves out of the grease to keep the undead from shifting into the corner to bring more numbers to bear and moves to the corner himself.

Hon's crossbow bolt does absolutely no damage to the skeletal wizard. The sneak attack appeared ineffective and the skeleton seems highly resistant to piercing damage.

401 to 450 of 3,400 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Team Dwarf / Gnome in Elves vs Dwarves -- ELVES KEEP OUT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.